THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Calling Out Fairgame (Andrew Baldry)
Page 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Calling Out Fairgame (Andrew Baldry)
 Login/Join

One Of Us
posted Hide Post
"google search came up with these

Interestingly his wife is a lawyer in Zambia........"

Do you remember the high profile couple in the Portland, Oregon chapter a few years ago?? She robbed her clients trust accounts of millions, and her husband died of gunshot wounds!!... She was a lawyer too!!

There has to be some family assets there!! Kids in school in the US is a key leverage point for VISA actions with embarrassing consequences!!...and travel restrictions on both Ibi and wife..... HUMMMM??!!

470EDDY

Posts: 2565 | Location: The Other Washington | Registered: 24 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 470EDDY:

Do you remember the high profile couple in the Portland, Oregon chapter a few years ago?? She robbed her clients trust accounts of millions, and her husband died of gunshot wounds!!... She was a lawyer too!!

There has to be some family assets there!! Kids in school in the US is a key leverage point for VISA actions with embarrassing consequences!!...and travel restrictions on both Ibi and wife..... HUMMMM??!!

If the Embassy does anything.

Posts: 11964 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:
quote:

From an Embassy perspective, the wife and children cannot be held ransom for the husband/father's actions and the Visa proposal would not apply.

But for Ibi it can and it would prevent him from entering the States and would not be able to attend his son's graduation ceremony.

On the other hand, should he be granted a Visa and if charges were to be filed against him in America, he could get sidelined at the Immigration counter and be served an arrest warrant.

Posts: 1905 | Registered: 06 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fulvio:
quote:
quote:

From an Embassy perspective, the wife and children cannot be held ransom for the husband/father's actions and the Visa proposal would not apply.

But for Ibi it can and it would prevent him from entering the States and would not be able to attend his son's graduation ceremony.

On the other hand, should he be granted a Visa and if charges were to be filed against him in America, he could get sidelined at the Immigration counter and be served an arrest warrant.

I am told the wife/mother is an officer of the company in question. I would think that makes her subject to any sanctions. For example, not being able to visit her son. Not being able to visit the US for any reason.

Posts: 11964 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I am told the wife/mother is an officer of the company in question. I would think that makes her subject to any sanctions. For example, not being able to visit her son. Not being able to visit the US for any reason.

If the wife/mother is/are officially connected with the company they would indeed inherit the company liabilities and be subjected to Visa sanctions.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am betting that CME hasn’t received another cent since the 1st payment.

Second I love the fact that you could hem him and momma up with international travel.

After he was detained and served could you get the court to hold him until trial???

DRSS
Kreighoff 470 NE
Valmet 412 30/06 & 9.3x74R

Posts: 1048 | Location: Denver | Registered: 31 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No, he has not received any more reimbursement. In fact , Ibi is now threatening CME.

The issue of visas to the US is being worked on. Of course , that requires help from the Embassy.

This money was wired to Ibi. That might make this wire fraud which is a felony in the US. US law enforcement might just find out about this. That might make Ibi and/or his wife’s next attempt to travel to the US a real adventure.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
This money was wired to Ibi. That might make this wire fraud which is a felony in the US. US law enforcement might just find out about this. That might make Ibi and/or his wife’s next attempt to travel to the US a real adventure.

Where there's a will, there's a way and as such, all avenues should be explored.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
No, he has not received any more reimbursement. In fact , Ibi is now threatening CME.

The issue of visas to the US is being worked on. Of course , that requires help from the Embassy.

CME should write to SCI, DSC, and every professional hunter organization in Africa, look on the Net for any place Ibi is present, and post details of this, including his threats!

It is worth going personally to the Embassy of that country and see someone in charge.

It might be a good idea to notify some media agencies as well, so all of this is made public!

So it is not enough for Ibi to be a crook and take someone's money, he has the audacity of threatening the client too!?

If this is true, all bets are off!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66957 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Corey is moving ahead with the appropriate agencies.

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12867 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It appears that the noose might be tightening a bit .

One thing I can say with certainty. If those involved think this is going away easily by just waiting it out, they are wrong .

One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
I may have missed it - was there a signed contract? With cancellation clauses?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BaxterB:

No offense but you almost have to be joking

Yes….of course.

Next contract thought after the above is…well he needs to honor the contract

Right….

Next thought is well he didn’t honor the contract…
Right….
Next thought is under contract law….
Fraud in the Inducement or whichever proper component….

No shit….

Larry is our reigning CPA probably and when he was a young man (having fun Larry..forgive me) 30% of the CPA exam was contract law (it was for me in the early 90s)
Our other lawyer friends here can opine on Contract law of course

This comes down simply to enforcement…
And oh by the way… Andrew did FUCK ALL to help with enforcement and aid (despite his role) and has now led to the since longest thread I can remember in 20 years in AR history

Congratulations

One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kpoynter:
quote:
Originally posted by BaxterB:

No offense but you almost have to be joking

Yes….of course.

Next contract thought after the above is…well he needs to honor the contract

Right….

Next thought is well he didn’t honor the contract…
Right….
Next thought is under contract law….
Fraud in the Inducement or whichever proper component….

No shit….

Larry is our reigning CPA probably and when he was a young man (having fun Larry..forgive me) 30% of the CPA exam was contract law (it was for me in the early 90s)
Our other lawyer friends here can opine on Contract law of course

This comes down simply to enforcement…
And oh by the way… Andrew did FUCK ALL to help with enforcement and aid (despite his role) and has now led to the since longest thread I can remember in 20 years in AR history

Congratulations

I'm a casual observer here - should I recuse myself because I'm not a lawyer or CPA? If so, let me know..

just curious whose names are on the contract is all - do you know? have you seen the contract? Can you post it? I mean, all the other dirty laundry is aired - why not everything?

Administrator
posted Hide Post
No idea why some are asking about a contract!

Totally pointless, as there is no denying the client paid in advance for a hunt that never happened.

Ii does not deny getting the money, and although this fiasco is NOT his fault - it squarely rests on the government!

HE took the money without making sure that all legal matters with the government are taken care of.

So he is responsible for paying it back.

End of story.

And if he is actually threatening the client, for whatever reason, he deserves whatever he gets!

I have absolutely, positively, no time for crooks!

Posts: 66957 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
So felonious little ibi is threatening CME?

About what?

DRSS
Kreighoff 470 NE

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hasher:

About what?

I think he is reading these posts.

CME would not have brought this up if his money was refunded promptly!

No bloody excuse!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

About what?

Law suit

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

About what?

Law suit

CME should lodge a case against him, and his wife, in the States!

All he needs do is pay back the money he has taken.

And all this will end.

One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
quote:
has now led to the since longest thread I can remember in 20 years in AR history

Congratulations

Nah!! Two words. Mark Sullivan.

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

Posts: 7594 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 505 gibbs
posted Hide Post
If Ibi isn’t ready to refund, I would be encouraging him to file the threatened lawsuit. The only thing more advantageous to Corey than going into a lawsuit as a defendant in this case would be receiving the funds without this hassle

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Frostbit:
quote:
has now led to the since longest thread I can remember in 20 years in AR history

Congratulations

Nah!! Two words. Mark Sullivan.

Ah…true… the other I was thinking about was Blair…

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ibi should be destroyed by any and all means fair and foul.

A sweeping internet campaign against him globally would ensure no more clients ever. Just lay it all out on every forum and in every language.

Fil against him in every jurisdiction possible so that when he he or his try to enter the US they are held.

Probably isn’t that hard for him to find his way on the No Fly and Terror Watch Lists.

Either take action or don’t but talking to to seats is now twenty pages.

Personally I find the Marcellus Wallace option attractive.

DRSS
Kreighoff 470 NE

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
My sense is that Ibi’s clientele are not retail customers. Ibi seems to market and sell primarily or exclusively to outfitters. So long as there are outfitters in Zambia willing to do business with him based on the areas he operates, he will be fine. Andrew said early on in this mess when asked about whether he would continue to deal with Ibi after this situation that he absolutely would. Perhaps that explains why he was so reluctant to play hardball with Ibi initially.

Mike

Posts: 21212 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MJines:
My sense is that Ibi’s clientele are not retail customers. Ibi seems to market and sell primarily or exclusively to outfitters. So long as there are outfitters in Zambia willing to do business with him based on the areas he operates, he will be fine. Andrew said early on in this mess when asked about whether he would continue to deal with Ibi after this situation that he absolutely would. Perhaps that explains why he was so reluctant to play hardball with Ibi initially.

Tells us all where Andrew's loyalty lies...

Posts: 10153 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The most damning statement is that Fairgame would continue to do business with Ibi.

Rule from earlier:

Stay away from Zambia.

Posts: 10846 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LHeym500:
The most damning statement is that Fairgame would continue to do business with Ibi.

Rule from earlier:

Stay away from Zambia.

I doubt it occurred to him to avoid Ibi. To me, if Ibi did not repay the stolen deposit, how would Baldry ever expect to get paid down the road for other hunts??? Unless of course... (conspiracy theorist take over here)

Posts: 10153 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dogcat:
quote:

Tells us all where Andrew's loyalty lies...

Saved from several pages back. Didn't want to give Andrew an opportunity to edit his prior posts again. When asked if he plans to cut ties with Ibi, this was his answer:

https://forums.accuratereloadi...231035672#2231035672

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Be it Zambia, Zimbabwe or Tanzania, a concession -holder does not necessarily have to market hunts individually other than and more often so, either sub-lease the area to an outfitter or provide outfitting services and charge per hunting days.

If the area is productive, a respectable PH will jump on it and market the hunt under his name, charge what HE wants and settles privately with the outfitter.

At this point who really cares about the identity of the concession-holder, be it Ibi or some other, when business is being conducted with the PH?

Andrew will have done as much as he could (within limits) as Cme was NOT his client but someone to whom he had recommended Ibi as having an excellent concession and with whom he had expected to be the guide on that hunt (remunerated as PH by Ibi).

The deal went up shit creek but not of Andrew's doing.

One of Us
Picture of 505 gibbs
posted Hide Post
I don’t see anything above (or at the link) where Andrew says he is hunting or doing business again with Ibi? I see other posters behaving like little bitches demanding a man say something and him refusing to be pigeonholed. Cant say that I blame him, nothing good will come of it.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm beginning to get the feeling that those living in palatial homes in Texas where the Rule of Law prevails have any conception of what it is like to try and live and do business in a situation where, to put it politely, the law is rather more flexible.
If you are keen to find out what it feels like try going and living just South of the border for a while.
I see that poor old Corey is now being threatened. If that is the case, what pressures do you imagine are being applied to Andrew Baldry to not critisise Ibi in any way?
Mr Baldry and his family have to live there and it is not the first time their lives have been threatened.
Ibi and his lawyer wife may have less influence on the present government than they had with the last one but they are still powerful people.
Andrew Baldry has asked Ibi nicely to do the right thing but he hasn't survived all these years in Zambia by upsetting the wrong people.

Posts: 295 | Location: New Zealand  | Registered: 24 March 2018Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Guys,

Ibi has no GMA so there would be no reason for Andrew to do business with him.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12867 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MARK H. YOUNG:
Guys,

Mark

Yep Mark, and that has always been the case.

Posts: 1862 | Location: St. Charles, MO | Registered: 02 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 505 gibbs
posted Hide Post
Originally posted by MJines
quote:
Andrew said early on in this mess when asked about whether he would continue to deal with Ibi after this situation that he absolutely would.

Perhaps I have missed something? If not, Mjines, in his haste to “grind his axe” has shown his willingness to forsake honesty and integrity in the name of his “cause”? Damn, perhaps Saeed’s opinion of lawyers is founded? Please show me where I am wrong……….

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MARK H. YOUNG:
Guys,

Mark

Isn’t that exactly what caused this fiasco ? Ibi didn’t have the area .

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:

I think Ibi has well and truly destroyed his reputation, all by himself!

The sooner he pays pack what he has taken, and APOLOGIZE. some repair might happen.

And by threatening the client he has not done himself any favors either!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 505 gibbs:
Originally posted by MJines
quote:
Andrew said early on in this mess when asked about whether he would continue to deal with Ibi after this situation that he absolutely would.

Perhaps I have missed something? If not, Mjines, in his haste to “grind his axe” has shown his willingness to forsake honesty and integrity in the name of his “cause”? Damn, perhaps Saeed’s opinion of lawyers is founded? Please show me where I am wrong……….

It was in the below discussion.

https://forums.accuratereloadi...043/m/7721009572/p/6

Posts: 388 | Location: Limpopo, South Africa | Registered: 13 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 505 gibbs
posted Hide Post
No, it wasn’t in your link, go back and read it again.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

I remember him saying it .

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

“Mr Jines selling something indicates I received a payment does it not? Dunno what you mean by standing by the hunt and all participants have or are currently being refunded which is the honorable thing to do by the Operator and that is why I will book with and support him again”

Posts: 388 | Location: Limpopo, South Africa | Registered: 13 November 2008Reply With Quote