THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Calling Out Fairgame (Andrew Baldry)
Page 1 2 3 4 ... 21

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Calling Out Fairgame (Andrew Baldry)
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
quote:
Originally posted by fairgame:
Andrew my advice is not to sell this hunt as if things go south it would be a duplicate of my Luangwa fiasco thread

I was going to respond to this in the “Offered and Discounted Hunts” section, but I didn’t want to step on someone else’s hunt offer as you did.

You truly have no shame. Perhaps this thread will give you a forum, with your name attached, to demonstrate to everyone all the progress you are making in getting the money back for the client to whom you sold a nonexistent $80k hunt.

Looking forward to positive updates.

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3507 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lhook7:
quote:
Andrew my advice is not to sell this hunt as if things go south it would be a duplicate of my Luangwa fiasco thread

I was going to respond to this in the “Offered and Discounted Hunts” section, but I didn’t want to step on someone else’s hunt offer as you did.

You truly have no shame. Perhaps this thread will give you a forum, with your name attached, to demonstrate to everyone all the progress you are making in getting the money back for the client to whom you sold a nonexistent $80k hunt.

Looking forward to positive updates.

Did he actually sell the hunt knowingly the area was closed?

So far we have heard all sorts of claims, but I have not seen any confirmed reports of the dates in question.

I might have missed it, but it would be helpful if someone reminds me.

It goes without saying that IBI should be shunned like the proverbial tick in your short and hairies!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66940 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
like the proverbial tick in your short and hairies!

Actually its the "short and curlies" Big Grin

Posts: 1904 | Registered: 06 September 2008Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fulvio:
quote:
like the proverbial tick in your short and hairies!

Actually its the "short and curlies" Big Grin

Thank you.

I should have known.

But spending three weeks in the heat of Madaba probably evaporated what little brains I had before! rotflmo

Posts: 66940 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Regardless, it was poor form of him to crap post on another agents offer.

DRSS
Kreighoff 470 NE
Valmet 412 30/06 & 9.3x74R

Posts: 1042 | Location: Denver | Registered: 31 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
For fuck sake guys stop trying to make shit up. He never said it was a bad hunt or for anyone not to do the hunt. I myself laugh when I saw the offer as I find anyone who would do it at the terms in the offer would be stupid. Whole hunt paid up front before going is just crazy.

Some of you really need to get a life and move on from trying to ruin this guys life over something he has very little control over.

Posts: 559 | Location: macungie , Pa | Registered: 21 March 2014Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bcap:
For fuck sake guys stop trying to make shit up. He never said it was a bad hunt or for anyone not to do the hunt. I myself laugh when I saw the offer as I find anyone who would do it at the terms in the offer would be stupid. Whole hunt paid up front before going is just crazy.

Some of you really need to get a life and move on from trying to ruin this guys life over something he has very little control over.

Don’t everyone pay before they arrive?

In fact, one outfit demanded you pay NON REFUNDABLE TROPHY FEES in advance!

Hunting has become a bit funny!

NOT in a laughing way! rotflmo

One of Us
Picture of Bwana338
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hasher:
Regardless, it was poor form of him to crap post on another agents offer.

Have you hunted with Andrew before and you did not have a good time?

Or are you doing an internet stalking job?

Or maybe you need to try some new hobbies.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"You've got the strongest hand in the world. That's right. Your hand. The hand that marks the ballot. The hand that pulls the voting lever. Use it, will you" John Wayne

Posts: 1575 | Location: West River at Heart | Registered: 08 April 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No

Simply pointing out that he is trying to deflect his shenanigans by deflecting and calling out folks and then tops it off by trying ti tank another agents offer.

Poor form I say.

Do r like my opinion that’s quite ok because I place no value in yours.

DRSS
Kreighoff 470 NE
Valmet 412 30/06 & 9.3x74R

Posts: 1042 | Location: Denver | Registered: 31 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This opinion pertains to everyone.

"unless you have money or a dog in this sniping
bullshit:
"Just shut the fuck up!'

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5944 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
We have never heard a single negative report from those who have hunted with Andrew.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
What prompted you to adopt the word "Hasher" as your handle? coffee

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:

It is a name in Arabic.

My grandfather was called Hasher.

No idea where it came from.

DOOMS DAY is translated into Arabic as YOUM AL HASHER!

You see, in AR we educate the ignorant! rotflmo

One of Us
posted Hide Post
As A R Man has pointed out in thread about his offered leopard hunt, he was actually grateful for Fairgame's friendly advise. Andrew Baldry was not dumping on someone elses offered hunt at all but trying to help a friend. A R Man also noted that Andrew Baldry was generous towards him by returning daily rates not used when they got every animal they wanted in a few days.
I had a similar experience of his fairness and generosity.
Would it be too much to ask those who jumped to wrong conclusions to apologise profusely to Andrew Baldry?
I would like to think that they are man enough to do so.
"Let he who is without fault amongst you cast the first stone"

Posts: 294 | Location: New Zealand  | Registered: 24 March 2018Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Steve Ahrenberg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by the Pom:
As A R Man has pointed out in thread about his offered leopard hunt, he was actually grateful for Fairgame's friendly advise. Andrew Baldry was not dumping on someone elses offered hunt at all but trying to help a friend. A R Man also noted that Andrew Baldry was generous towards him by returning daily rates not used when they got every animal they wanted in a few days.
Would it be too much to ask those who jumped to wrong conclusions to apologise profusely to Andrew Baldry?

I think you make a fair point. However a private message would have been a better choice in my opinion

Formerly "Nganga"

Posts: 3388 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 26 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

It would be the right thing to do but the haters will never say they were wrong. They are on a bashing mission for some reason.

Posts: 559 | Location: macungie , Pa | Registered: 21 March 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 505 gibbs
posted Hide Post
I know nothing about this debacle, it has progressed in typical Internet forum fashion which leaves me scratching my head at some and embarrassed for others. What I do know, is I have been Andrews guest twice in Zambia. I have watched him and his wife invite myself (and others) into their home with open arms. I have watched them both go way above and beyond to keep a guest safe until they could get him on a plane headed home to his family. I have watched Andrew ply his trade, work hard day after day and produce well above average results for his clients (myself included). I have watched him try (and succeed) to produce a different hands on experience for his hunters that involves them in the work and consequently reward of satisfaction that few safaris offer. I would not hesitate to send him a deposit and go hunt again. I wish CME the best and hope all of this gets sorted sooner than later.

One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
quote:

Our hunt with Andrew was 21 days. We were there the entire time. Andrew tried to drop the day rate to 18 days. He was adamant so I said fine and added the three days to the tip. Fair is fair. Not like we didn’t kill half of Zambia on that hunt.

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

Posts: 7594 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
…A R Man also noted that Andrew Baldry was generous towards him by returning daily rates not used when they got every animal they wanted in a few days.
I had a similar experience of his fairness and generosity…

I experienced the same generosity on my last safari this August with Andrew. It was the one that I took the 46” Buffalo in the Bangweulu Swamp that Andrew posted here on AR, and on which I commented. After we had taken the PG I wanted, we crossed the river to hunt Buffalo, that Andrew had reserved (5) days of hunting for just this animal. We took it on the very first day. I was not charged any daily hunting fees for the other (4) days, saving me a sizable sum of money.

Posts: 2587 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 26 May 2010Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by surefire7:
quote:
…A R Man also noted that Andrew Baldry was generous towards him by returning daily rates not used when they got every animal they wanted in a few days.
I had a similar experience of his fairness and generosity…

I experienced the same generosity on my last safari this August with Andrew. It was the one that I took the 46” Buffalo in the Bangweulu Swamp that Andrew posted here on AR, and on which I commented. After we had taken the PG I wanted, we crossed the river to hunt Buffalo, that Andrew had reserved (5) days of hunting for just this animal. We took it on the very first day. I was not charged any daily hunting fees for the other (4) days, saving me a sizable sum of money.

Fascinating!

Compare this with others who charge NON REFUNDABLE TROPHY FEES! clap

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
quote:

It is a name in Arabic.

My grandfather was called Hasher.

No idea where it came from.

DOOMS DAY is translated into Arabic as YOUM AL HASHER!

You see, in AR we educate the ignorant! rotflmo

In English it has a totally different meaning. Big Grin

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
quote:
. . . others who charge NON REFUNDABLE TROPHY FEES!

Liar. None were ever charged. Saying it over and over does not make it true.

Mike

Posts: 21211 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MJines:
quote:
. . . others who charge NON REFUNDABLE TROPHY FEES!

Liar. None were ever charged. Saying it over and over does not make it true.

It was the most stupid thing any business owner could do.

He DEMANDED IT!

If an AR member did not bring it up here.

He would still be demanding it.

Where decent hunters have no time for crooks who want to take their money and offer nothing in return.

He is your hero, which is fine.

I have a very long Semite nose.

I smell a crook when I see one.

NON REFUNDABLE TROPHY FEES stink worse than a hyena feeding on a dead hippo for a week! clap

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
. . . none of that changes the fact that your statement was a lie and you are a liar.

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
MJines,
Wake up a bit perturbed today????

Posts: 10153 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Not particularly. Just gets tiresome having someone repeat the same lie over and over and expecting folks to accept it as fact.

The facts are that after a number of clients asked CMS to "reserve" quota for them, then showed up late season and decided not to shoot the reserved quota thereby leaving CMS stuck with paying for the unharvested quota, CMS announced a policy that hunters seeking to reserve quota would need to pay the trophy fees for such animals in advance. The policy attracted a number of negative comments. As a result, CMS rescinded the policy before a single hunter was ever charged trophy fees for reserved quota. No one was ever charged non-refundable trophy fees.

Despite these facts, Saeed has his panties in a wad and keeps repeating the same lie over and over . . . that CMS charged non-refundable trophy fees. A lie is a lie regardless of who tells it. I think most here understand it is a lie, but there are always new people showing up (albeit fewer and fewer for this site) who may not be aware that it is a lie and what the true facts are.

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lets focus on the 80k refund?

Posts: 1862 | Location: St. Charles, MO | Registered: 02 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Not particularly. Just gets tiresome having someone repeat the same lie over and over and expecting folks to accept it as fact.

The facts are that after a number of clients asked CMS to "reserve" quota for them, then showed up late season and decided not to shoot the reserved quota thereby leaving CMS stuck with paying for the unharvested quota, CMS announced a policy that hunters seeking to reserve quota would need to pay the trophy fees for such animals in advance. The policy attracted a number of negative comments. As a result, CMS rescinded the policy before a single hunter was ever charged trophy fees for reserved quota. No one was ever charged non-refundable trophy fees.

Despite these facts, Saeed has his panties in a wad and keeps repeating the same lie over and over . . . that CMS charged non-refundable trophy fees. A lie is a lie regardless of who tells it. I think most here understand it is a lie, but there are always new people showing up (albeit fewer and fewer for this site) who may not be aware that it is a lie and what the true facts are.
Mike talk about lying and throwing Buzz under the bus could you go back and quote me on this thread?

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9869 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
$ 80,000.00

Posts: 1862 | Location: St. Charles, MO | Registered: 02 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Why talk about a client screwed out of $80K when you can chatter on about a trophy payment policy that was never implemented. Or better yet pictures that were intended to protect clients from harassment. Gotta stay focused on the important stuff. Or maybe it is more about deflection and distraction.

Mike

One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Saeed, one can only laugh.

You are being called a liar for failing to appreciate the difference between theft and attempted theft!

animal

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13387 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
. . . you embarrass yourself . . . again.

Suggesting that a requirement that a hunter desiring to reserve quota pay a nonrefundable trophy fee is theft . . . when the policy was never implemented and even if it had been implemented the hunter could always just say, "no thanks, I'll pass". Turn in your Bar card.

Now back to the issue at hand. Where is Cme's money and why has it taken him months to be refunded his money? Was his money used to pay back other hunters? If you want to talk about theft, that comes far closer to ringing the bell.

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Mike talk about lying and throwing Buzz under the bus could you go back and quote me on this thread?

Where is the $80k you helped steal Andrew Baldry?

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3507 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Point taken....

$80,000 is located in Zambia. May need help getting it back to the USA....

I know a guy - Louie or Luigi the leg breaker... Been helpful at times...
He is very persuasive and you never see him coming...

Posts: 10153 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lhook7:
quote:
quote:

Where is the $80k you helped steal Andrew Baldry?

That's a bold statement. Worthy of archive.

Perhaps one of the learned, magnanimous (if not sanctimonious) lawyers on the board who are well-versed in international financial relations could help out? Anyone? Anyone?

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
. . . none of that changes the fact that your statement was a lie and you are a liar.

Let us sort the stupid lawyers talk from the real FACTS!

1. Someone booked an eland, and he decided not to shoot one.

So our Einstein hat wearing Buzz decided to charge EVERYONE WHO BOOKS AN ELAND WITH NON REFUNDABLE TROPHY FEES PAID WELL IN ADVANCE.

2. Someone complained of his pictures being posted by our aforementioned Einstein, so he decided to blank everyone's face.

Including those who had no wish to have their faces blanked.

3. A member asked if it was alright for some outfit run by IDIOTS to charge a non refundable trophy fee.

I posted that it was THE MOT STUPID policy put in effect by anyone.

CROOKS are the only people who do this.

4. Buzz comes over, all charged up, minus his brains, and accuses me and everyone else on AR for posting our opinions of his utterly, totally, unacceptable policies, and promises us he will never post anything here again!

GOOD RIDDANCE!

The last thing I want to see here some crook trying to cheat honest hunters.

He was happy enough to spend years getting clients from AR.

But he does not have the bloody GUTS to own up to his own mistakes, and apologize for accusing the rest of us here.

Mike, this is an open public forum, where every post is seen by members.

Trying to make yourself look stupid, like your hero, is not going to do you any favors.

I had a lot of respect for Buzz previously, I had met him, he came to my house.

But after his behavior in this fiasco, not any more.

Everyone makes mistakes.

But what separates the men from the idiots is how those mistakes are sorted out!

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
quote:

. . . this thread and your responses here are reason enough to seriously question the sincerity of your statement above.

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
This thread is getting tiresome. In my opinion, for what little it is worth, both Buzz and Andrew Baldry are honest businessmen and great PH's trying to scrape a living in a hostile business environment. Both are trying to cope with useless Governments and no reliable rule of law.
I have no problem with Buzz wanting non-refundable fees in response to clients letting him down. Every time you hunt in Ethiopia and some other countries that is what you pay. If you don't like it no one is forcing you to go. there is nothing criminal in it. While I don't now care if my face is blanked out or not, I have lived in places where it was desirable.
There was also nothing criminal in Andrew Baldry's arranging that hunt which left poor CME so badly out of pocket and unable to have a last hunt with his father. The Zambian government were responsible for Andrew losing a year's income. Ibi is responsible for returning the money. I don't doubt he used it to refund other clients and hasn't got it at the moment.
I also don't doubt that Andrew is using every means to try and persuade Ibi to return the money as soon as possible.
Jumping up and down and spewing invective on this forum is unlikely to get the money back any quicker.
Partisan insults are unhelpful.
Can we please return to some positive posts and stop all this negativety?

Posts: 294 | Location: New Zealand  | Registered: 24 March 2018Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bill73
posted Hide Post
quote:
Can we please return to some positive posts and stop all this negativety?

Yup just come up with the 80k cash & you can have your wish rotflmo

DRSS

Posts: 2277 | Location: MI | Registered: 20 March 2007Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

. . . this thread and your responses here are reason enough to seriously question the sincerity of your statement above.

Bloody hell!

A lawyer questioning the honesty and integrity of a normal man!!

What is next? rotflmo