THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Calling Out Fairgame (Andrew Baldry)
Page 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Calling Out Fairgame (Andrew Baldry)
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Steve Ahrenberg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fulvio:
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Ahrenberg:
quote:
quote:
Andrew was the agent for Ibi. He advertised, negotiated and sold the hunt. He directed where the money was to go and how it was go..

Did he really sell the hunt and instruct where and to whom the money should be paid or is that what you think he did and according to Cme's statement (which I am not going to repeat), your words are in stark contrast to what Cme stated.

If the shit over the concession hit the fan later, that is another issue altogether; it was not Andrew's concession either for him to know of any impediment or injunction or whatever else.

If you have issues in your business would you bring the gory details to the attention of your employees? ... hardly. You would be running it in a normal manner while the problems get ironed out .. No?

"I am glad he got no money out of this, he does not deserve any. If he had, I would like to think he would have refunded to CME".

Firstly the general consensus was that Andrew got a cut from the deal (him being the alleged agent) yet now you say you are glad he got no money but being unsure of yourself also think he just MIGHT have received a kickback.

What does Cme have to say about any communication that has transpired between himself and Ibi with whom he concluded the deal from initial deposit, increments and final since the deal went belly up?

Fulvio,

This part of your post is telling. Just reread it to yourself. The rest of us may see it differently, but the words "Sell the Hunt" speak volumes.

"Did he really sell the hunt and instruct where and to whom the money should be paid."

Steve;

Methinks you are misquoting me.

Review Dogcat's comment to which I answered.

Fulvio -

I copy & pasted from your post. I think this will never get settled without Hatfield & McCoy infighting like we are seeing. Perhaps the entire group needs refrain from further division, including myself?

This is a very unfortunate situation. There doesn't seem to be a way out that will satisfy CME's deposit.

Formerly "Nganga"

Posts: 3406 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 26 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I personally don't post a lot but this thread has weakened my desire to even come on here. Can someone please just stop it and let it go.

York, SC

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Amen.

Posts: 727 | Location: Corrales, New Mexico | Registered: 03 February 2013Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Won't stop until the client gets his money!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67041 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Agree with Saeed...

Posts: 10207 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
Won't stop until the client gets his money!

Well the chances of that are same as getting ice water in hell..

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13170 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One Of Us
posted Hide Post
I can't wait to hear that CME has contacted both US EMBASSY in Zambia, and Zambia Consulate in US and has filed all charges against IBI available to him... including pulling VISAS on kids in colleges in the US, and restricting IBI Internationsl travel until all deposits are refunded!! This situation is ridiculous and threatens all legitimate business in/with Zambian individuals and businesses.

This is a powerful tool.

ALL IS FAIR IN LOVE AND WAR!!.

470EDDY

Posts: 2573 | Location: The Other Washington | Registered: 24 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 470EDDY:
I can't wait to hear that CME has contacted both US EMBASSY in Zambia, and Zambia Consulate in US and has filed all charges against IBI available to him... including pulling VISAS on kids in colleges in the US, and restricting IBI Internationsl travel until all deposits are refunded!! This situation is ridiculous and threatens all legitimate business in/with Zambian individuals and businesses.

This is a powerful tool.

I had suggested this option several times but received scornful replies.

It doesn't cost anything to lodge a formal complaint and as stated previously, has worked for several others in the past.

Posts: 1910 | Registered: 06 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Perhaps CME will try it . Nothing ventured nothing gained .

Posts: 11995 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:

In his place I would try anything to make life as miserable for Ibi as I possibly can!

I have no time for crooks!

Posts: 67041 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

In his place I would try anything to make life as miserable for Ibi as I possibly can!

I have no time for crooks!

Absolutely.

Posts: 11995 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigBBear:
I personally don't post a lot but this thread has weakened my desire to even come on here. Can someone please just stop it and let it go.

dig deep and find the willpower to not click on the subject at hand.......bob

Posts: 40 | Location: lewistown Montana | Registered: 25 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 470EDDY:

This is a powerful tool.

I had suggested this option several times but received scornful replies.

It doesn't cost anything to lodge a formal complaint and as stated previously, has worked for several others in the past.

If one had the time and desire to do some research on Ibi, they might find it looks like he owns part of an import/export business and has an agent in Seattle. His outfit website, which is now closed, was registered in Seattle as well. Don't know if his business imports or exports to the US but that might be a place to start trying to put some pressure on him. Also, if one has the spare time, they might read the minutes from Zambian Parliament meetings starting about November, 2021 forward regarding GMA tenders and awards (some were removed from tender and "administratively awarded"). Pretty dry reading but interesting and minutes are searchable, can search by GMA, concession or outfitter name...sometimes works really well and other times not so much. Zambia Dept of Tourism has/had some interesting documents a couple of months ago, but I can't find them now.

Karl Evans

Posts: 2771 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Is this mysterious “ibi” even a real person or is he a clever yet fictions front?

DRSS
Kreighoff 470 NE
Valmet 412 30/06 & 9.3x74R

Posts: 1074 | Location: Denver | Registered: 31 May 2010Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hasher:
Is this mysterious “ibi” even a real person or is he a clever yet fictions front?

Ask the client.

He sent money to someone.

Who was it?

Or did the client imagine all this? rotflmo

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

A total of 80K was sent to someone by Cme who should have the full banking details of the recipient.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
When Fulvio recommended going to the embassy , I didn’t think much about it. After reading the other gentleman’s account of another incident it is certainly worth trying .

I also have to wonder if this is a crime in Zambia? I have no idea personally.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
When Fulvio recommended going to the embassy , I didn’t think much about it. After reading the other gentleman’s account of another incident it is certainly worth trying .

I guess the action would qualify as fraud and is considered a crime anywhere, Africa included so Ibi would be prosecutable in Zambia.

It is just a matter of bringing this incident to the attention of the proper authorities:

- US Embassy in Lusaka;
- US Embassy in Lusaka will send a strongly-worded Note Verbale to Zambian Ministry of Foreign Affairs - US Desk;
- Zambian MOFA will communicate contents of the complaint to Ministry of Tourism which I assume oversees the Wildlife Department for action.

I suggest the letter to the attention of the US Ambassador in Lusaka is written and sent by a legal office on behalf of their client in the States.

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I guess the action would qualify as fraud and is considered a crime anywhere, Africa included so Ibi would be prosecutable in Zambia.

It is just a matter of bringing this incident to the attention of the proper authorities:

- US Embassy in Lusaka;
- US Embassy in Lusaka will send a strongly-worded Note Verbale to Zambian Ministry of Foreign Affairs - US Desk;
- Zambian MOFA will communicate contents of the complaint to Ministry of Tourism which I assume oversees the Wildlife Department for action.

I suggest the letter to the attention of the US Ambassador in Lusaka is written and sent by a legal office on behalf of their client in the States.

Not fraud but a binding contract in which the services were not rendered and thus refundable.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9875 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Not fraud but a binding contract in which the services were not rendered and thus refundable.

Our learned friends will know of a more appropriate terminology.

In my books however, failing to provide the contracted services is fraud and not refunding the money for those services is theft by deception. Big Grin

One of Us
Picture of 505 gibbs
posted Hide Post
quote:

posted 11 April 2024 07:24 Hide Post

This is a powerful tool.

rotflmo

Promising Leads

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

In my books however, failing to provide the contracted services is fraud and not refunding the money for those services is theft by deception. Big Grin

Fraud requires at the formation of the contract of the contract the intent of deception. Fraud has 6 elements.

See page 3. Note all states required strict probity among litigants to make a fraud claim.
Third Party Beneficiaries to the contact can be liable or agents.

https://www.kywd.uscourts.gov/...ons/3-94CV-634-H.pdf

The only way this is fraud would be if the agent (who has a financial interest in the contract as he is getting paid directly from the contract) or the seller, party one, knew the concession was not viable at time of firming the contract.

Again, this is all theory, law school exam exam stuff as there is no one to get service upon.

Posts: 10968 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LHeym500:
quote:
quote:

Fraud requires at the formation of the contract of the contract the intent of deception. Fraud has 6 elements.

See page 3. Note all states required strict probity among litigants to make a fraud claim.
Third Party Beneficiaries to the contact can be liable or agents.

https://www.kywd.uscourts.gov/...ons/3-94CV-634-H.pdf

The only way this is fraud would be if the agent (who has a financial interest in the contract as he is getting paid directly from the contract) or the seller, party one, knew the concession was not viable at time of firming the contract.

Again, this is all theory, law school exam exam stuff as there is no one to get service upon.

The law might differ in Zambia.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I meant to type, “note not all” instead of “note all.”

The contract is made in the jurisdiction in the state CME lives in.

As I stated, no one is going to get service on anyone either for fraud or to seek compensatory damages on the contract.

I also have no idea if we have facts sufficient to make fraud. I doubt that we do, because we do not know when the agent and seller knew the concession was not viable.

Again, as I have said, we are not going to get service or enforcement of a judgement for compensatory damages on a contract claim let alone Fraud.

Fraud also has to be pled with specificity. This makes a good law school exam question. That is about it.

Everyone is Africa better be glad they are not in the US. Discovery would answer some of these questions.

We can also have negligent representation where there is no intent to deceive, but the agent or seller’s representations were neglect that caused the indictment. This would not allow for punitive damages. Again, that would take discovery.

CME has no legal recourse in contract/compensatory damages, negligent representation, or fraud which is very hard a to make and probably not at play, because everyone is in Africa.

It is not enough to say, “ Judge we had a contract. Person Z did not perform. I paid consideration. Therefore, fraud.” That is a simple contact claim.

Thus, see my rules I have learned in my earlier post. Stay away from Zambia and deal w someone you can get service of process on here in the states.

Posts: 10968 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
African countries have always been regarded as uncertain destinations when business/investments are concerned and Zambia is the champion when it comes to the hunting industry, in fact worse than others as there are numerous "heavyweights" who want a part of the action, hence the squabbling and cases of "money talks" takes center stage.
Ibi was probably sure the concession would be re-allocated to him and that likely justified his silence to third parties though unfortunately for him and all those involved, the plan backfired.
It does not necessarily mean he has the money to pay the "concession allocation fee" or whatever term they use in Zambia, as he has likely exhausted his liquidity and may have to borrow from banks or friends to get back on his feet.
Who knows?

for what i can say but my time was end of 80s ... zambia was nothing to compare with CAR which was the champion on crooks and not only on hunting grounds ...

Posts: 1742 | Location: Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada. | Registered: 21 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Zambia hunting will never be the same after this thread!!

Posts: 1867 | Location: St. Charles, MO | Registered: 02 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would agree with your last sentence. In the days of old, one would simply shake hands and was ones word! In today’s day and age most safaris are done in 7 days instead of 21 and it’s in as fast as possible turn around that doesn’t lend itself to the full experience that used to be. AR has taught us all enough to know what to know and I’m very thankful to Saeed for having such an open forum!!!!! I’ve sifted briefly through this thread and found two victims who deserve way better! I hope the best for all in these trying times

Posts: 623 | Location: Manitoba, Canada | Registered: 10 September 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MJines:
. . . would Corey have known anything about the concession area where the hunt was to take place, known the area was supposed to have quota for a lion to hunt, worked out all the details of the hunt (e.g., who was going, when, what was being hunted and where, etc.) with Baldry, known who Ibi even was, paid Ibi a large sum of money, but for the assurances of Baldry that all was fine, its all good, I know Ibi and the area, trust me, your hunt is with me, etc.? Then when the shit hits the fan, you tell your client, you paid Ibi, your recourse is with him, I am out of the picture, good luck? Blameless? Hardly.

EXACTLY!

Anybody that can't see this just doesn't want to!

Posts: 41786 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
A perfect example of a subject blown totally out of proportion, and common sense, by lawyers!

Bloody hell, no wonder! clap

One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
quote:
A perfect example of a subject blown totally out of proportion, and common sense, by lawyers!

What the hell, Saeed?

Have you not slipped on a banana peel lately?!

dancing

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13399 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Robinson:
quote:

What the hell, Saeed?

dancing

My father was chief justice here.

He always told us to NEVER trust a lawyer! clap

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Did Upper Lupande get awarded?

Posts: 1867 | Location: St. Charles, MO | Registered: 02 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Robinson:
quote:

What the hell, Saeed?

dancing

My father was chief justice here.

He always told us to NEVER trust a lawyer! clap

let alone a judge lol ...

Posts: 1742 | Location: Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada. | Registered: 21 May 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Folks,

Ibi is not fictional. I've met him and his wife at an SCI show a few years ago. They were charming, well spoken and obviously well educated. His actions over the last few years have been surprising after meeting them. It just seems he has no clue when it comes to money and that now has him in hot water.
Yes! What he did with Corey is a crime in Zambia and it has not gone unnoticed.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12877 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MARK H. YOUNG:
Folks,

Ibi is not fictional. I've met him and his wife at an SCI show a few years ago. They were charming, well spoken and obviously well educated. His actions over the last few years have been surprising after meeting them. It just seems he has no clue when it comes to money and that now has him in hot water.

Mark

Mark, have any additional GMA’s been awarded?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Folks,

Mark

Hopefully they do something about it .

One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Folks,

Mark

Hopefully they do something about it .

+1

Perhaps Fulvio's suggestion would move things along.

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

Posts: 7594 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Safari

To my knowledge other than for the original 4 complainants in the court case that tied up the tender no contracts have been signed. There is some movement on the allocation but as I said the actual contracts have not been signed.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12877 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

google search came up with these

Interestingly his wife is a lawyer in Zambia........

https://www.linkedin.com/in/co...originalSubdomain=zm

https://www.linkedin.com/in/ibrahim-nkonde-78968416a/

https://gracetigers.com/news/2...rahim-nkonde-jr.aspx

https://www.linkedin.com/in/nurdinibrahim/

Posts: 44 | Location: zim | Registered: 01 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ilitshe_zim:
quote:

google search came up with these

Interestingly his wife is a lawyer in Zambia........

https://www.linkedin.com/in/co...originalSubdomain=zm

https://www.linkedin.com/in/ibrahim-nkonde-78968416a/

https://gracetigers.com/news/2...rahim-nkonde-jr.aspx

https://www.linkedin.com/in/nurdinibrahim/

I knew she is a lawyer. I wonder if her connections are helping keep Ibi out of hot water?