THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Calling Out Fairgame (Andrew Baldry)
Page 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Calling Out Fairgame (Andrew Baldry)
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have seen an e mail to Ibi from the head of the hunters association indicating he did not have the area when the hunts were being sold .

I read sometime, somewhere, that Ibi was a prominent member of the Board and it strikes as being odd that he was conducting business on a concession that was not his and being common knowledge to his colleagues, was not tabled in Board meetings.

Surely it was his somewhere along the line because he had been selling hunts over the years and lost it in very recently once the lease had expired.

As Saeed has already stated, hunts are still being marketed on an expired concession lease because the renewal process is just a formality though in this case, appears not.

Methinks there's more to this saga than meets the eye.

Posts: 2031 | Registered: 06 September 2008Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
What is the time line for this?

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68636 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
What is the time line for this?

African time or the rest of the planet?

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13391 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Pre- or post-Baldry edits?

Mike

Posts: 21669 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Basically we need to know when the client booked his hunt.

And it seems he had changed its dates on several occasions.

Did Ibi have the concession he sold hunts on then?

From the dates I have posted, I I seems to assure everyone that he did have the concession.

Posts: 68636 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Saeed,

I've been following Corey's safari in Mozambique on WhatsApp. Corey told me to tell that you that his safari was always scheduled for July '23. That never changed. The only thing that changed was his addition of a lion to his already booked leopard hunt and a buffalo for his Dad.

He's having an incredible safari if that interest anyone.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13004 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MARK H. YOUNG:
Saeed,

I've been following Corey's safari in Mozambique on WhatsApp. Corey told me to tell that you that his safari was always scheduled for July '23. That never changed. The only thing that changed was his addition of a lion to his already booked leopard hunt and a buffalo for his Dad.

Mark

Where is he in Moz Mark?

Posts: 1916 | Location: St. Charles, MO | Registered: 02 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
That's good to hear Mark. Corey deserved a little redemption.

Mike

One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MJines:
That's good to hear Mark. Corey deserved a little redemption.

And a refund!

coffee

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have received some pic from Corey’s hunt . Impressive.

Posts: 12094 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
He is in the Niassa with Dave Langerman. I hope he does a report he’s having a great hunt.

Posts: 402 | Location: Tennessee, North Carolina | Registered: 01 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:

He killed a 3rd buffalo this afternoon lol
It was 43+”
Lion, leopard, 3 buff
Sable
They still have almost a week for plains game

Dave Langerman and the Niassa have been awesome
Couldn’t be better

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kpoynter:
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:

He killed a 3rd buffalo this afternoon lol
It was 43+”
Lion, leopard, 3 buff
Sable
They still have almost a week for plains game

Dave Langerman and the Niassa have been awesome
Couldn’t be better

That is great news!

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3517 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Saeed,

Mark

Thank you.

So those who accusing Andrew of recommending a hunt at that time, know that Ibi did NOT have the concession, are wrong.

I have seen messages from Ibi August 2023 stating that he has agents collecting payments for next year!!??

I am very happy to see the client is finally enjoying a successful hunt.

One of Us
Picture of M.Shy
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Saeed,

Mark

Thank you.

So those who accusing Andrew of recommending a hunt at that time, know that Ibi did NOT have the concession, are wrong.

I have seen messages from Ibi August 2023 stating that he has agents collecting payments for next year!!??

Internet is full of arm chair quarterbacks and AR is no different
My opinion about all this is you can just see how many of us without an ounce of credible information can pile up on someone in a New York minute and some of the the people are very well educated and consider themselves very smart…they are the ones who in not so distanced past were willing to lynch others just because someone pointed a finger
Ultimately we all know who we are…

Posts: 302 | Location: Idaho & Montana & Washington | Registered: 24 February 2024Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
I seem to recall that it was not an arm chair quarterback that brought this sordid tale to light . . . it was the client. You know, the fellow out $80K for a hunt sold by Baldry. It was the client who felt he had been the victim of misrepresentations and lies. It was the client who felt that nothing material was being done to rectify the situation. It was the client who found Baldry's hypocrisy in criticizing another outfitter to be the straw that broke the camel's back and forced him to go public with his dilemma. Pretty sure he has more than an ounce of credible information regarding the facts.

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by M.Shy:
quote:
quote:
Saeed,

Mark

Thank you.

Internet is full of arm chair quarterbacks and AR is no different
My opinion about all this is you can just see how many of us without an ounce of credible information can pile up on someone in a New York minute and some of the the people are very well educated and consider themselves very smart…they are the ones who in not so distanced past were willing to lynch others just because someone pointed a finger

Once again folks are “forgetting” about the emails and minutes that surfaced showing Ibi did know he didn’t have the concession properly secured at the time
Ibi knew…..
Only question yet again was What did Andrew know and When
And what SHOULD he have known when selling the hunts (and yes for the 100th time he sold and represented the hunts and sought out the “buyers” on this forum and others)
And no…. The expectation was never Andrew was personally financially responsible
Just that he had a duty to actually give a F… and try and instead he lied multiple times and misrepresented many facts

That’s Andrews “crime”… this whole thing never blew up if he didn’t lie and made an effort and just said he F’d up and didn’t know blah blah (which was probably a lie but one he could have actually gotten away with)
He chose the wrong path and got thrown in the mud

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
And what SHOULD he have known when selling the hunts (and yes for the 100th time he sold and represented the hunts and sought out the “buyers” on this forum and others)

To advertise and to sell are two different things.

Did Andrew advertise? ... Yes.
Did Andrew sell? ... NO.

Did he try to make things right? ... Am pretty sure he did but as mentioned in a previous post, his efforts would have been limited.

Could he have taken the outfitter to court? I very much doubt it as he would have been speaking on behalf of the injured party.

Posts: 2031 | Registered: 06 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
they are the ones who in not so distanced past were willing to lynch others just because someone pointed a finger

You being new to this site, you probably don't know but you just described Andrew's past behavior on AR perfectly! Andrew has made a career on this site promoting himself by criticizing other operators, either outright or covertly.

THIS is exactly what MJines is referring to in the post below yours where he states Corey, the client out $80,000 for a hunt Andrew sold in a concession that was closed, got fed up with Andrew's hypocrisy. In fact, with you registering on this site in Feb of 2024, you likely missed the original post from September of last year that kicked off this fiasco where Andrew was calling out another outfitter as committing fraud and Corey asked Andrew "how is this different than what you (Andrew) did to me (Corey)" ... paraphrased.

To help you out, here is the link to that original post:

https://forums.accuratereloadi...161009572#4161009572

That is the initial comment from the defrauded client CME but you can start at the top. In response to this thread, Andrew started the "Calling out Mike Jines" thread, found here:

https://forums.accuratereloadi...711090672#2711090672

That thread went nowhere as it was obviously one of Andrew's plays of making others look bad to make himself look good through deflection.

Andrew has edited / deleted / rewritten numerous comments on this and other threads to "clean up his appearance" but as you say, those of us who know ... know. I mentioned this before, but right as this was breaking, Andrew did his normal thing of crapping on Arjun's post advertising Aussie buffalo and bantang hunts as "overcharging clients to hunt feral animals that were never game animals". Once Andrew was put in the spotlight, Andrew quickly deleted his post on Arjun's hunt offer. But this has always been his practice, making other's look bad to make himself look good. Now it's blown up in his face and it's not going away until Corey get's his money back.

When Andrew was asked if he is going to continue working with Ibi after Corey got shafted, his response was along the lines of maintaining the business relationship was more important than doing the right thing. When I copied that exchange to prevent Andrew walking it back, I was met with GFY! LOL Nice guy that Andrew is. See that exchange here:

https://forums.accuratereloadi...231035672#2231035672

I noticed a well respected AR member earlier trying to deflect from Andrew by bring up a completely unrelated accident involving another AR member. What really got me about that post is he has the tag line "Never Book a Hunt with Blair", but that entire Jeff Blair / Blair World Wide" fiasco thread that will never die, was started for a VERY SIMILAR hunt offer where the client paid for a hunt that didn't happen, and the defrauded hunter was never made whole.

Unfucking believable.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fulvio:
quote:

To advertise and to sell are two different things.

Did Andrew advertise? ... Yes.
Did Andrew sell? ... NO.

Did he try to make things right? ... Am pretty sure he did but as mentioned in a previous post, his efforts would have been limited.

Could he have taken the outfitter to court? I very much doubt it as he would have been speaking on behalf of the injured party.

He sold it and organized it, period… no offense, but really not debatable
I was privy to it all

One of Us
Picture of M.Shy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MJines:
I seem to recall that it was not an arm chair quarterback that brought this sordid tale to light . . . it was the client. You know, the fellow out $80K for a hunt sold by Baldry. It was the client who felt he had been the victim of misrepresentations and lies. It was the client who felt that nothing material was being done to rectify the situation. It was the client who found Baldry's hypocrisy in criticizing another outfitter to be the straw that broke the camel's back and forced him to go public with his dilemma. Pretty sure he has more than an ounce of credible information regarding the facts.

I do not dispute the harmed party and I hope he recovers some if not all his money but as we know, this is TIA
Rest of it, I’m pretty sure you know exactly what I’m talking about and I’m not getting into any spat with you…enough said

Posts: 302 | Location: Idaho & Montana & Washington | Registered: 24 February 2024Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Saeed,

Mark

Thank you.

Since this fiasco is spread out for many months over three threads, and since multiple posts have been changed or deleted, I won't try to reference it here. At a minimum, CME's add on lion and the buffalo for his father was sold and monies collected when there was no concession held by the operator or ph to hunt. The final $20,000 payment for CME's father (and probably the lion deposit) is especially disturbing since prior clients were made whole and CME was left holding the bag. These two add's made up over 50% of the $80,000 loss CME has incurred.

Posts: 815 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 05 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AilsaWheels:
quote:
quote:
Saeed,

Mark

Thank you.

Since this fiasco is spread out for many months over three threads, and since multiple posts have been changed or deleted, I won't try to reference it here. At a minimum, CME's add on lion and the buffalo for his father was sold and monies collected when there was no concession held by the operator or ph to hunt. The final $20,000 payment for CME's father (and probably the lion deposit) is especially disturbing since prior clients were made whole and CME was left holding the bag. These two add's made up over 50% of the $80,000 loss CME has incurred.

And that is the money used to pay off the other hunters.....

Posts: 42341 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
We have no proof other clients were paid back.

All we got was what Andrew posted regarding this.

And he got that from Ibi!

And so far I I has been a liar!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

So Andrew was potentially lying about his other clients being repaid and NOT lying about the other stuff?????
That makes absolutely no sense
And he didn’t get that only from Ibi.. Andrew booked some 6-8 clients I think it was with Ibi. Andrew worked out their money being moved as they were able to “rebook” with Andrew in other areas. He stated this himself

At least one of them are members if memory serves

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Yes we do. A couple of AR members have even stated in these three threads that their hunts were successfully transferred to other areas. This would only have happened if Ibi/Andrew had paid their deposits/funds to the operator of that concession, making them whole and putting the entire fraud on CME's back.

One Of Us
posted Hide Post
It is interesting that PROFESIONAL HUNTERS ASSOCIATION OF ZAMBIA doesn't have an active website, and now in a week, they have NOT answered my email asking for a list of Officers and Board Members, and access to general members list!!??

HUMMMMM?? I am wondering if Zambia is still a viable place to hunt other than old stand bys like duPlooys ??

470EDDY

Posts: 2670 | Location: The Other Washington | Registered: 24 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 470EDDY:
It is interesting that PROFESIONAL HUNTERS ASSOCIATION OF ZAMBIA doesn't have an active website, and now in a week, they have NOT answered my email asking for a list of Officers and Board Members, and access to general members list!!??

HUMMMMM?? I am wondering if Zambia is still a viable place to hunt other than old stand bys like duPlooys ??

You’re right
The hunting community for these type Safaris is quite small. Now many many people have heard of not just this issue but the entire mess surrounding the GMAs
This has lead to both serious uncertainty of the areas, serious uncertainty of corruption and quality of the areas even if/when they open, and serious uncertainty in regards to Operators.
Why hunt Zambia anytime soon with other viable options
I wouldn’t hesitate to hunt with a small handful of them with the Duplooys at the top of the list.

One of Us
Picture of Steve Ahrenberg
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 470EDDY:

You’re right
The hunting community for these type Safaris is quite small. Now many many people have heard of not just this issue but the entire mess surrounding the GMAs
This has lead to both serious uncertainty of the areas, serious uncertainty of corruption and quality of the areas even if/when they open, and serious uncertainty in regards to Operators.
Why hunt Zambia anytime soon with other viable options
I wouldn’t hesitate to hunt with a small handful of them with the Duplooys at the top of the list.

This type of skullduggery goes on throughout the outdoor/outfitter/guiding industries, both in America and internationally.

I was in the middle of a goat rope in Brazil last year (as were other AR members) when a very well known and respected American who was outfitting remote fisherman in Brazil.

Trips were sold, deposits were taken and the area was never available.

I, and others tried to file trip insurance claims, that were included in the price of the trip. We were all denied, due to the outfitter being accused of breaking Brazilian laws.

The guy that purchased the company from the outfitter that misrepresented the trip eventually paid back all deposits.

Its a risky proposition sending monies overseas or even domestically for trips that we all love.

I really hope CME is made whole. 80K is a hatful of money for sure.

Formerly "Nganga"

Posts: 3523 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 26 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Steve Ahrenberg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Todd Williams:
quote:
they are the ones who in not so distanced past were willing to lynch others just because someone pointed a finger

You being new to this site, you probably don't know but you just described Andrew's past behavior on AR perfectly! Andrew has made a career on this site promoting himself by criticizing other operators, either outright or covertly.

THIS is exactly what MJines is referring to in the post below yours where he states Corey, the client out $80,000 for a hunt Andrew sold in a concession that was closed, got fed up with Andrew's hypocrisy. In fact, with you registering on this site in Feb of 2024, you likely missed the original post from September of last year that kicked off this fiasco where Andrew was calling out another outfitter as committing fraud and Corey asked Andrew "how is this different than what you (Andrew) did to me (Corey)" ... paraphrased.

To help you out, here is the link to that original post:

https://forums.accuratereloadi...161009572#4161009572

That is the initial comment from the defrauded client CME but you can start at the top. In response to this thread, Andrew started the "Calling out Mike Jines" thread, found here:

https://forums.accuratereloadi...711090672#2711090672

That thread went nowhere as it was obviously one of Andrew's plays of making others look bad to make himself look good through deflection.

Andrew has edited / deleted / rewritten numerous comments on this and other threads to "clean up his appearance" but as you say, those of us who know ... know. I mentioned this before, but right as this was breaking, Andrew did his normal thing of crapping on Arjun's post advertising Aussie buffalo and bantang hunts as "overcharging clients to hunt feral animals that were never game animals". Once Andrew was put in the spotlight, Andrew quickly deleted his post on Arjun's hunt offer. But this has always been his practice, making other's look bad to make himself look good. Now it's blown up in his face and it's not going away until Corey get's his money back.

When Andrew was asked if he is going to continue working with Ibi after Corey got shafted, his response was along the lines of maintaining the business relationship was more important than doing the right thing. When I copied that exchange to prevent Andrew walking it back, I was met with GFY! LOL Nice guy that Andrew is. See that exchange here:

https://forums.accuratereloadi...231035672#2231035672

I noticed a well respected AR member earlier trying to deflect from Andrew by bring up a completely unrelated accident involving another AR member. What really got me about that post is he has the tag line "Never Book a Hunt with Blair", but that entire Jeff Blair / Blair World Wide" fiasco thread that will never die, was started for a VERY SIMILAR hunt offer where the client paid for a hunt that didn't happen, and the defrauded hunter was never made whole.

Unfucking believable.

Great post Todd. Cool

Formerly "Nganga"

Posts: 3523 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 26 April 2010Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

So Andrew was potentially lying about his other clients being repaid and NOT lying about the other stuff?????
And he didn’t get that only from Ibi.. Andrew booked some 6-8 clients I think it was with Ibi. Andrew worked out their money being moved as they were able to “rebook” with Andrew in other areas. He stated this himself

Andrew is only telling you what Ibi is telling him!!

Some earlier were saying Ibi was booking hunts when he didn’t have the concession.

That is not true as SCI was auctioning one of his hunts!

I wish people would get their facts right before they post!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Andrew is only telling you what Ibi is telling him!!

Some earlier were saying Ibi was booking hunts when he didn’t have the concession.

That is not true as SCI was auctioning one of his hunts!

I wish people would get their facts right before they post!

jumping

You would be the first person that needs to get your facts straight. I made an offer to let you see all of the email communications and text messages between all parties and you never took me up on that.

When did Ibi sell the hunt through SCI? The year was??? When was the last time Ibi was an actual member of SCI?

Andrew used this website to sell the hunt…that is not debatable. He negotiated the dates, pricing, and terms with Ibi. He directed me to send the money to Ibi. He was a party to all contractual correspondence and received the wire confirmations when payments were made, just like Ibi did.

So either Andrew is talking out of his ass regarding clients being refunded or just saying whatever makes him look best. It would seem reasonable to believe that his other clients did get their refunds back since they have not chimed in to say they didn’t receive them.

Andrew hunted over the dates that I had booked with another client from this site. The client came on here (in one of the 3 threads), and stated as much.

The members on here that were booked in Chanjuzi last year can easily clear things up…did you or did you not receive your deposits back or have them applied to another hunt? If you did receive your deposits back when were you notified by Andrew or Ibi that your hunt would not be able to proceed as scheduled?

The Zambian professional hunters association is quite worthless and powerless. Their recommendation was to hire a Zambian lawyer and put good money after bad. Ibi has denounced his association with the organization based on his latest email to them last week.

No one is debating the fact that Ibi has the money. The issue is that Baldry sold the hunts and said, “all of my clients got their money back.” Well I was a client and didn’t get my money back. When you market and SELL a hunt, (yes Saeed, he sold the hunt) then you bear equal responsibility when shit hits the fan.

Anyone wanting a list of the board members contact information for the ZPHA should shoot me a PM.
And Saeed, dont forget just last week “The Chairwoman”, in an email to Ibi said that Baldry knowingly marketed and sold a hunt on a closed concession. The concession may have been open in 2022 (I’m not for sure), but it damn sure wasn’t open or tendered for 2023.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I posted on this thread several pages ago...

My wife and I booked a leopard/buff with Ibi (through making the connection via Andrew and Andrew was to be the PH). We were supposed to be in Chanjuzi just in front of CME (the first hunt of the year).

We booked the hunt and sent money in January of 23. Our hunt was to be in late June, we learned from Ibi in early June of the issues with the tender process. I believe that started in March and both Andrew and Ibi thought it would be solved in time for the season. We received a full refund just a few days after the notice of the issues.

We scrambled and put together a very nice hunt with Andrew on Shiwa and the swamps. It was not what we originally booked - but we had a successful safari. The Harvey's (owners of Shiwa) were also very helpful and wonderful people.

This is in no way a comment on the treatment of CME (I agree completely that he should've been refunded long ago), but I am just relaying my experience given the circumstances.

I do believe Andrew and Ibi should've let clients know sooner about the whole tender issue and not rolled the dice that it would be resolved. And of course, Ibi's subsequent behavior is indefensible. I also think Andrew could've handled things better but I am fairly certain that he did not receive any money from any of these transactions with Ibi. All our financial discussions were with Ibi, not Andrew (although he was aware throughout). Again, none of this detail is meant to refute CME's experience.

I will also note this, in Feb of 23, I spoke to Roland Norton at the ZPHA booth at SCI in Nashville. Told him we had booked Chanjuzi, were going to hunt with Andrew, etc. He mentioned nothing to me about any potential issues at that time. Both Ibi and his mother, I learned from Roland, had worked for Roland in the past when he had Chanjuzi. That's neither here nor there about the entire CME event, but if Ibi had never been awarded Chanjuzi, I would think Roland would've have told me. But perhaps he didn't know the entire circumstances at that time.

I just wanted to relay my experience and truly hope CME gets his refund.

Posts: 124 | Location: Zionsville, IN | Registered: 11 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Neil A:
I posted on this thread several pages ago...

My wife and I booked a leopard/buff with Ibi (through making the connection via Andrew and Andrew was to be the PH). We were supposed to be in Chanjuzi just in front of CME (the first hunt of the year).

We booked the hunt and sent money in January of 23. Our hunt was to be in late June, we learned from Ibi in early June of the issues with the tender process. I believe that started in March and both Andrew and Ibi thought it would be solved in time for the season. We received a full refund just a few days after the notice of the issues.

We scrambled and put together a very nice hunt with Andrew on Shiwa and the swamps. It was not what we originally booked - but we had a successful safari. The Harvey's (owners of Shiwa) were also very helpful and wonderful people.

This is in no way a comment on the treatment of CME (I agree completely that he should've been refunded long ago), but I am just relaying my experience given the circumstances.

I do believe Andrew and Ibi should've let clients know sooner about the whole tender issue and not rolled the dice that it would be resolved. And of course, Ibi's subsequent behavior is indefensible. I also think Andrew could've handled things better but I am fairly certain that he did not receive any money from any of these transactions with Ibi. All our financial discussions were with Ibi, not Andrew (although he was aware throughout). Again, none of this detail is meant to refute CME's experience.

I will also note this, in Feb of 23, I spoke to Roland Norton at the ZPHA booth at SCI in Nashville. Told him we had booked Chanjuzi, were going to hunt with Andrew, etc. He mentioned nothing to me about any potential issues at that time. Both Ibi and his mother, I learned from Roland, had worked for Roland in the past when he had Chanjuzi. That's neither here nor there about the entire CME event, but if Ibi had never been awarded Chanjuzi, I would think Roland would've have told me. But perhaps he didn't know the entire circumstances at that time.

I just wanted to relay my experience and truly hope CME gets his refund.

Thank you very much. Roland isn’t in charge any longer. He knew the deal but was on the way out.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The unfortunate reality is that trade groups have little power. They are not a court of law. They cannot force anyone to pay.

Posts: 12094 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Months ago I found minutes from Zambian Parliament that would shed light on when concession owners were made aware that concessions were unavailable; I can’t get that website to work today, but the link below details what and when things regarding hunting concessions transpired. This statement does not mention the concession involved here by name, but the Parliament minutes did. The statement was dated June 6, 2022. If link doesn’t go to the statement on hunting concessions, it is near the bottom of the list.

https://www.mot.gov.zm/?page_id=934

Karl Evans

Posts: 2897 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by K Evans:
Months ago I found minutes from Zambian Parliament that would shed light on when concession owners were made aware that concessions were unavailable; I can’t get that website to work today, but the link below details what and when things regarding hunting concessions transpired. This statement does not mention the concession involved here by name, but the Parliament minutes did. The statement was dated June 6, 2022. If link doesn’t go to the statement on hunting concessions, it is near the bottom of the list.

Karl, I am just trying to clarify this for my own benefit.

Using the dates that CME gave us in the initial thread on 9/20/23. When the original leopard hunt was booked and deposit sent in April of 2022, Ibi controlled the concession. When CME signed the second contract and sent an additional deposit adding the lion in October of 2022, Ibi and Andrew would have already known that the concession had already been lost four months previously and the hunt shouldn't have been sold. When CME added his father's hunt in April of 2023, and sent the last $20,000, Ibi and Andrew would have known that the concession had been lost for ten months, and they were scrambling to pay off early season hunters or get them relocated to other concessions.

If this timeline is correct, the last two contracts and deposits would certainly seem fraudulent.

Am I viewing this correctly or am I missing something?

All the best.

If this timeline is correct, it sure seems that Ibi and Andrew committed fraud, with CME as the victim regarding the second and third contracts and deposits.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by K Evans:

Karl, I am just trying to clarify this for my own benefit.

Using the dates that CME gave us in the initial thread on 9/20/23. When the original leopard hunt was booked and deposit sent in April of 2022, Ibi controlled the concession. When CME signed the second contract and sent an additional deposit adding the lion in October of 2022, Ibi and Andrew would have already known that the concession had already been lost four months previously and the hunt shouldn't have been sold. When CME added his father's hunt in April of 2023, and sent the last $20,000, Ibi and Andrew would have known that the concession had been lost for ten months, and they were scrambling to pay off early season hunters or get them relocated to other concessions.

If this timeline is correct, the last two contracts and deposits would certainly seem fraudulent.

Am I viewing this correctly or am I missing something?

All the best.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I inadvertently had the last sentence hidden in my first post and corrected it in the second post. All due to poor composition by an old brain. Confused

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I inadvertently had the last sentence hidden in my first post and corrected it in the second post. All due to poor composition by an old brain. Confused

Yes, I think you are reading it correctly, govt. officials words, not mine.
If memory serves me correctly, the minutes fro Parliament indicated that the holders of the concession in question were notified that their lease would end on November 4, 2022 (I think the date is correct, will try again to find those minutes).

Karl Evans

Posts: 2897 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote