THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Calling Out Fairgame (Andrew Baldry)
Page 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Calling Out Fairgame (Andrew Baldry)
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
So basically this thread I never going away.

Andrew is not a victim here although he plays one quite well.

DRSS
Kreighoff 470 NE
Valmet 412 30/06 & 9.3x74R

Posts: 1993 | Location: Denver | Registered: 31 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Victor Watson
posted Hide Post
No intention to hijack this thread but hoping I can get some advice here.

Recently had a client that couldn’t settle his final bill on his credit card. Promised to do a wire transfer when he landed. Sent me a message to say it was in receipt with his bank. Nothing came through and now he’s not replying to my messages or emails. Been 4 weeks since the end of the hunt. $15k, he’s from the US. What recourse do I have if any? First time this has ever happened to us, never saw it coming.

Victor Watson
Karoo Wild Safaris
Email: info@karoowildsafaris.co.za
Cell: (+27) 721894588
www.karoowildsafaris.co.za

Posts: 400 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 12 February 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Victor,
You may want to start a separate thread on this. The Andrew Baldry saga will go on and on and on.

Posts: 10348 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Steve Ahrenberg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Victor Watson:

Recently had a client that couldn’t settle his final bill on his credit card. Promised to do a wire transfer when he landed. Sent me a message to say it was in receipt with his bank. Nothing came through and now he’s not replying to my messages or emails. Been 4 weeks since the end of the hunt. $15k, he’s from the US. What recourse do I have if any? First time this has ever happened to us, never saw it coming.

We had a guy in the Phoenix Chapter SCI that this was his MO to a tee. Please PM me on this.

Formerly "Nganga"

Posts: 3520 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 26 April 2010Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dogcat:
Victor,
You may want to start a separate thread on this. The Andrew Baldry saga will go on and on and on.

Would have nice if you remembered this yourself!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68415 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:

Victor,

You are bringing in a subject some here don't want to hear.

There are many more crooked clients who run off without paying their dues, than outfitters taking anyone's money, like Ibi has done.

My suggestion is talk to him nicely and ask for your money immediately.

Failing which, post his name here.

Let everyone know what a crook he is.

I suggest you send him a link to this post.

Posts: 68415 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
quote:

Victor,

There are many more crooked clients who run off without paying their dues, than outfitters taking anyone's money, like Ibi and FAIRGAME FAIRGAME FAIRGAME has done.

There you go Saeed I corrected your wording.

DRSS
Kreighoff 470 NE

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hasher:
quote:
quote:

Victor,

There are many more crooked clients who run off without paying their dues, than outfitters taking anyone's money, like Ibi and FAIRGAME FAIRGAME FAIRGAME has done.

Show me proof that Andrew took any money from the client!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Victor,

He made the arrangements and directed where the money was to go.

I am constantly amazed at the support for a scoundrel.

May this thread never die.

DRSS
Kreighoff 470 NE

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

If we all understood correctly, the client was in direct contact with the outfitter (Ibi) and the deal was concluded between the two.

Does Fairgame have Ibi's banking details and did he pass them on to Cme with explicit instructions on the amount to pay?

Posts: 2021 | Registered: 06 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Victor,

I am constantly amazed at the support for a scoundrel.

May this thread never die.

Amen

Posts: 10348 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fulvio:
quote:

If we all understood correctly, the client was in direct contact with the outfitter (Ibi) and the deal was concluded between the two.

Does Fairgame have Ibi's banking details and did he pass them on to Cme with explicit instructions on the amount to pay?

you are trying to explain a very easy process that some want to blame Andrew for because he is an easier target than Ibi (he s not on the forum) luckily our host and some like you see the lights while others are still on a whitch hunt.

Posts: 1869 | Location: Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada. | Registered: 21 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by medved:
quote:
Originally posted by fulvio:
quote:

you are trying to explain a very easy process that some want to blame Andrew for because he is an easier target than Ibi (he s not on the forum) luckily our host and some like you see the lights while others are still on a whitch hunt.

Amen.

Posts: 2622 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 26 May 2010Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Sometimes I wonder if some members here understand what is right and what is wrong.

And where to put the blame, on the guilty.

Instead of creating scapegoats!

Which ultimately deflects attention from the real crooks!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Of course me and others know right from wrong. We are not new to this shell game of involvement either.

Not looking for the innocent, just the guilty.

When someone acts as an agent, behaves as an agent, gives instructions like an agent - then he is an agent. Plain and simple.

Of course Ibi is the crook, duh...

Baldry was the acting agent and carries a level of involvement/ownership as well to this mess.

Baldry represented the hunt, sold the hunt, organized/directed where payment should go.... So, how is he totally innocent here???

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Of course me and others know right from wrong. We are not new to this shell game of involvement either.

When someone acts as an agent, behaves as an agent, gives instructions like an agent - then he is an agent. Plain and simple.

Baldry was the acting agent and carries a level of involvement/ownership as well to this mess.

Baldry represented the hunt, sold the hunt, organized/directed where payment should go.... So, how is he totally innocent here???

Because Saeed says so of course.

He’s totally illigical.

DRSS
Kreighoff 470 NE

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I wonder how this would be viewed if the situation was altered slightly.

What if hunt was advertised by a well known, respected booking agent who was a long time poster on AR. This booking agent failed to advise the client of ANY of the issues with the hunt even when it was 100% certain that the hunt was not going to happen .

The booking agent’s excuse was that he was never paid his commission. He has no responsibility.

How would you all view this situation?

Posts: 12084 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Larry,

A reputable agent wouldn't do what you've described and the agent would have taken out his commission as payments came in.

I don't think your comparing apples to apples here.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12993 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MARK H. YOUNG:
Larry,

A reputable agent wouldn't do what you've described and the agent would have taken out his commission as payments came in.

I don't think your comparing apples to apples here.

Mark

You have just made my point .

Posts: 12084 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

He’s totally illigical.

What’s illogical to me is signing a contract with Ibi and paying him a deposit, but expecting Andrew to refund the deposit when Ibi defaults.

About all one can expect from Andrew in these circumstances is reasonable help in getting Ibi to refund the deposit. Reasonable help in a country with a legal system and police power has its limits and depends on the willingness of the poster to take certain legal steps himself.

In this situation, it would not be easy, cost-effective or perhaps even wise for the poster to take legal action. But that is of course his call and his alone.

Andrew never received any of the deposit, or any money at all, not from the poster who paid the deposit or from Ibi. In fact, Andrew had nothing whatsoever to gain in this matter, and ended up losing valuable income because of Ibi’s default.

IMHO, the government and Ibi are the ones to blame for this sorry state of affairs, and we should hold them and not Andrew rightly responsible and accountable in the court of public opinion.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13594 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Robinson:
quote:
quote:

He’s totally illigical.

What’s illogical to me is signing a contract with Ibi and paying him a deposit, but expecting Andrew to refund the deposit when Ibi defaults.

About all one can expect from Andrew in these circumstances is reasonable help in getting Ibi to refund the deposit. Reasonable help in a country with a legal system and police power has its limits and depends on the willingness of the poster to take certain legal steps himself.

In this situation, it would not be easy, cost-effective or perhaps even wise for the poster to take legal action. But that is of course his call and his alone.

Andrew never received any of the deposit, or any money at all, not from the poster who paid the deposit or from Ibi. In fact, Andrew had nothing whatsoever to gain in this matter, and ended up losing valuable income because of Ibi’s default.

IMHO, the government and Ibi are the ones to blame for this sorry state of affairs, and we should hold them and not Andrew rightly responsible and accountable in the court of public opinion.

Exactly.

If the money was transferred to Andrew, he would be responsible.

Just as Larry was asking if this was an agent selling a hunt.

On the occasions when I booked a hunt with an agent, some wanted the money given to them.

Others asked for the money to be sent directly to the PH conducting the hunt.

Either way, there was never a problem.

Andrew has always been above board with his clients.

Many here have hunted with him, and others I know who do not participate on AR.

They had nothing but very high praise for him.

In fact, let me ask those who are out to destroy his reputation for no good reason at all.

Can you point us to one, just ONE client who had hunted with Andrew and had any problems??

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

He’s totally illigical.

Exactly.

On the occasions when I booked a hunt with an agent, some wanted the money given to them.

In fact, let me ask those who are out to destroy his reputation for no good reason at all.

Can you point us to one, just ONE client who had hunted with Andrew and had any problems??

Well we clearly know one who TRIED to hunt with Andrew.

That has t workout out very well so far.

DRSS
Kreighoff 470 NE

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

He’s totally illigical.

Exactly.

Well we clearly know one who TRIED to hunt with Andrew.

That has t workout out very well so far.

There you go, you answered your own question!

He NEVER hunted with Andrew.

He NEVER paid Andrew a penny.

By continuing your attacks on Andrew, you are giving Ibi, the real crook, a pass!

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
. . . some might suggest that you are the one giving certain folks a pass.

Mike

Posts: 21590 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MJines:
. . . some might suggest that you are the one giving certain folks a pass.

I am.

The ones who have absolutely NOTHING in taking the clients money!

Ask the client who he paid the money to.

HE is responsible for paying it back!

No one else.

One of Us
Picture of M.Shy
posted Hide Post
I’m on this one with Saeed and knowing Andrew, it’s not cool for these armchair quarterbacks to be going after him

Posts: 289 | Location: Idaho & Montana & Washington | Registered: 24 February 2024Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Andy facilitated everything.

Andy ensured that ibi refunded all of his other clients money.

The o LT thing he has done is spending an i ordinate amount of time claiming he is innocent (oh and editing posts where he has contradicted himself).

He is guilt AF and may God have mercy on his soul.

DRSS
Kreighoff 470 NE

One of Us
Picture of M.Shy
posted Hide Post
We all have opinions
And that’s all
And I get it as I got screwed once

Posts: 289 | Location: Idaho & Montana & Washington | Registered: 24 February 2024Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Another 2 weeks and ibi has paid nothing and Andrew has done nothing to help except cry on the internet.

Andy.

Why did all of your other clients get refunds except this one??

DRSS
Kreighoff 470 NE

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Another 2 weeks and ibi has paid nothing and Andrew has done nothing to help except cry on the internet.

Andy.

and you what have you done? seems you have an objective here and it is to help a friend that Ibi took the money and never refunded.

please enlighten us. because if you are on a crusade against Andrew for whatever reason you should say so and not trying to hide behind your friend issues ...

Posts: 1869 | Location: Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada. | Registered: 21 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Andy.

and you what have you done? seems you have an objective here and it is to help a friend that Ibi took the money and never refunded.

please enlighten us. because if you are on a crusade against Andrew for whatever reason you should say so and not trying to hide behind your friend issues ...

Never met or talked to the OP.

Just calling out a criminal that needs called out.

DRSS
Kreighoff 470 NE

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Andy.

Well Andrew DID rope someone into a MAJOR fraudulent situation and do close to zero to help and lie about his involvement
So…there is that
The only outstanding questions as to how deep his involvement was, NOT that he did it…only when did he understand it and what was his involvement in all other clients getting refunds using CMEs money
To be clear, no one thinks he did it intentionally whatsoever nor contrary to some apologists has anyone at anytime suggest or say Andrew should refund money himself
He simply Fu##d up his response and handling at the very least

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have never thought that Andrew owed the money to CME if he in fact never got any of the money .

On the other hand, here is a guy who actively marketed a hunt . Some things were clearly wrong . Yet, he never advised the client . What did Andrew know? When did he know it? When SHOULD he have known? If he is marketing hunt and didn’t do anything to advise the client when there were clearly problems, that speaks volumes to me.

I am quite puzzled by how everyone else managed to get refunds yet CME didn’t. I suspect there is a story there .

Then there is the issue of how Andrew handled things herein. Flat out misrepresenting some things. Changing prior posts. That is also bothersome to me.

I find it all bothersome.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:
I have never thought that Andrew owed the money to CME if he in fact never got any of the money .

On the other hand, here is a guy who actively marketed a hunt . Some things were clearly wrong . Yet, he never advised the client . What did Andrew know? When did he know it? When SHOULD he have known? If he is marketing hunt and didn’t do anything to advise the client when there were clearly problems, that speaks volumes to me.

I am quite puzzled by how everyone else managed to get refunds yet CME didn’t. I suspect there is a story there .

Then there is the issue of how Andrew handled things herein. Flat out misrepresenting some things. Changing prior posts. That is also bothersome to me.

What Larry said….

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

What Larry said….

How do we know all this?

When did the government screw everything up?

Did Andrew know about it beforehand?

And how do we know that everyone else has been refunded?

We got word from I I that everyone has been paid back??

Do we believe him?

I wouldn’t!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I missed an important point .

The thing that bothers me the most is that there has been absolutely no action taken by any group in Zambia whether that be the hunters association or law enforcement. Is this legal in Zambia?

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:

The thing that bothers me the most is that there has been absolutely no action taken by any group in Zambia whether that be the hunters association or law enforcement. Is this legal in Zambia?

To put it bluntly, the authorities in Zambia created this problem!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Andy.

Never met or talked to the OP.

Just calling out a criminal that needs called out.

ok that is clear for you Andrew is a criminal but yet to be convicted in court ... did not see anything from you about Ibi, any reasons for having your rage agaisnt Andrew but not Ibi ...

i still think to that point that you re wrong.

i said and i will repeat if i ever have to come back to Zambia that will be with Andrew but only once the country has cleared some issues but nothing Andrew is responsible for.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Andrew pointed that Ibi is part of the outfitters association and on the board, the same as we have here in north america will it be law enforcement or crown/ pursuit are not corrupted and always follow the law to the letter ...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kpoynter:
quote:
quote:

Andy.

Well Andrew DID rope someone into a MAJOR fraudulent situation and do close to zero to help and lie about his involvement
So…there is that
The only outstanding questions as to how deep his involvement was, NOT that he did it…only when did he understand it and what was his involvement in all other clients getting refunds using CMEs money
To be clear, no one thinks he did it intentionally whatsoever nor contrary to some apologists has anyone at anytime suggest or say Andrew should refund money himself
He simply Fu##d up his response and handling at the very least

instead of saying what Andrew did or not that would be very fair to say you think Andrew did ...or did not do ...