THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Calling Out Fairgame (Andrew Baldry)
Page 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 22

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Calling Out Fairgame (Andrew Baldry)
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
That is a damn interesting idea.

I saw CME’s business partner yesterday. Not sure if CME is going to make it . I am sure he will see this . Perhaps he will pursue it.

On the other hand, if Ibi doesn’t have the money, what will happen. As the old saying in the south goes, you can’t get blood out of a turnip.

Posts: 11983 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
This is an open forum.

And whether we like it or not, subjects do take different directions as in some members minds, it reflects the way they see it.

Why was this thread started?

It wasn't started by anyone actually involved in this sad episode!

Why was THIS thread started? It was started because Andrew started the thread below in an attempt to deflect:

https://forums.accuratereloadi...1411043/m/2711090672

Just more of his attempts to make others look bad.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
On the other hand, if Ibi doesn’t have the money, what will happen. As the old saying in the south goes, you can’t get blood out of a turnip.

Let's assume, though highly doubtful that Ibi doesn't have the money and in which case would make his company bankrupt and theoretically unable to continue operating.

But on the other hand we have reports that all other clients received their refunds which leads us to believe that the coffers are/were not empty several months ago and if there are no funds left the company will go through liquidation process which foresees creditors being paid off first, etc. etc. (Larry you know all this better than I).

It would be interesting to know if Ibi has been awarded any hunting concessions and if there are other outstanding debts, the government could likely appoint an administrator to put things right.

The Zambian authorities however will make sure CME in particular will be attended to as a matter of priority and avoid souring relations because of a renegade operator.

Posts: 1908 | Registered: 06 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Todd Williams:
quote:
This is an open forum.

And whether we like it or not, subjects do take different directions as in some members minds, it reflects the way they see it.

Why was this thread started?

It wasn't started by anyone actually involved in this sad episode!

Why was THIS thread started? It was started because Andrew started the thread below in an attempt to deflect:

https://forums.accuratereloadi...1411043/m/2711090672

Just more of his attempts to make others look bad.

Yep… coffee

Posts: 10182 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fulvio:
quote:
And Ibi might reply that he souvenir in this situation if the government didn’t screw things up! clap

It might be worth noting that Zambia ranks among the top 5 countries in sub-Saharan Africa as a tourist destination from which it rakes in between $350 to $400m per year.

The Zambian government will not tolerate complaints about a fraudulent deal committed by one of its operators, especially when the formal complaint comes from a foreign diplomatic mission.

I doubt the government would care about excuses related to internal politics within the hunting industry having had an impact on someone's business; fact remains that money was received and goods not delivered and the Zambian tourist industry's name gets tarnished.

It would therefore cost nothing and all to gain, to approach the US Embassy in Lusaka for "assistance".

From experience I very much doubt the Embassy would get involved in commercial dispute. Not saying don't try it, but I would be surprised if they would get involved in any action.

"...Them, they were Giants!"
J.A. Hunter describing the early explorers and settlers of East Africa

hunting is not about the killing but about the chase of the hunt.... Ortega Y Gasset

Posts: 3034 | Location: Tanzania - The Land of Plenty | Registered: 19 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tanks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MJines:
The facts are that after a number of clients asked CMS to "reserve" quota for them, then showed up late season and decided not to shoot the reserved quota thereby leaving CMS stuck with paying for the unharvested quota, CMS announced a policy that hunters seeking to reserve quota would need to pay the trophy fees for such animals in advance. The policy attracted a number of negative comments. As a result, CMS rescinded the policy before a single hunter was ever charged trophy fees for reserved quota. No one was ever charged non-refundable trophy fees.

Actually, I was charged 50% of a non-refundable trophy fee for a zebra at Nyakasanga in 2022 up front. My contract for the 2023 Kazuma hunt did state the following: "Pre- booked Plaingame booked will require a 50% non refundable deposit of Trophy fees (applies to eland, zebra, kudu, hyena)".

If the policy is changed it is not reflected in contracts people sign.

Posts: 1083 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: 01 January 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tanks:
quote:
The facts are that after a number of clients asked CMS to "reserve" quota for them, then showed up late season and decided not to shoot the reserved quota thereby leaving CMS stuck with paying for the unharvested quota, CMS announced a policy that hunters seeking to reserve quota would need to pay the trophy fees for such animals in advance. The policy attracted a number of negative comments. As a result, CMS rescinded the policy before a single hunter was ever charged trophy fees for reserved quota. No one was ever charged non-refundable trophy fees.

Actually, I was charged 50% of a non-refundable trophy fee for a zebra at Nyakasanga in 2022 up front. My contract for the 2023 Kazuma hunt did state the following: "Pre- booked Plaingame booked will require a 50% non refundable deposit of Trophy fees (applies to eland, zebra, kudu, hyena)".

if you don't mind, how did that hunt turn out?...bob

Posts: 40 | Location: lewistown Montana | Registered: 25 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I wanted to let everyone know that I received a very small payment today from Ibi. It’s a start and hopefully he continues with installments until I am whole.

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Oh hell, this should be good for another 10 pages….

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13163 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I see this in a contract, and I will tell those involved to *&@#$%!

May be because it worked then, it was tried again, with 100% UNREFUNDABLE trophy fees!

So so happy I don't have to sign ANY contract.

Pierre brought a contract for me to sign.

Told him I don't sign contracts!

He said "Not a problem. Let us go hunt!"

And he turned out to be a perfect gentleman, and an honest professional hunter and we hunted with him again.

And would never hesitate to hunt with him.

Those demanding "non refundable trop[hy fees" can bloody well stick their contract where the sun never shines!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67005 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cme:
I wanted to let everyone know that I received a very small payment today from Ibi. It’s a start and hopefully he continues with installments until I am whole.

Glad you got something.

I hope he continues to pay.

DRSS
Kreighoff 470 NE
Valmet 412 30/06 & 9.3x74R

Posts: 1062 | Location: Denver | Registered: 31 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

That is good news!

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3507 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tanks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bob-mt:

if you don't mind, how did that hunt turn out?...bob

I got a nice old bull. 55 and 54 lbs a side. Here is a link to the shots and pic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cD7-wjTq_bY

Posts: 1083 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: 01 January 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

I hope those payments continue. This is good news.

Posts: 11983 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Happy for you. At least it is a start. Hope it continues in a timely manner.

Wonder how much pressure these three threads on AR contributed Ibi's actions.

Posts: 800 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 05 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good news!!! Let's hope it continues to completion...

Posts: 10182 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Great news Corey. While I hope the parties involved see this through to a timely completion, I have to wonder if the very small partial payment was just an effort to take the heat off a bit and create the appearance of substantive progress. Hopefully my skepticism is unjustified and meaningful progress is made in getting you the whole $80K in short order . . . but I won’t hold my breath.

Mike

Posts: 21237 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted Hide Post

For the interest of all the followers - what exactly is a "small payment?"

Are we talking USD 5 tsd or 10 tsd or what ??

Dont keep us guessing ??

"Up the ladders and down the snakes!"

Posts: 2262 | Location: South Africa & Europe | Registered: 10 February 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Charlie64:

Dont keep us guessing ??

I know but it is not up to me to say exactly what it is . I will say the number is less than 10% of the total due .

One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
Will those calling for heads demand a percentage as a recovery fee? Surely the jabs must have done something to move this along…

One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Good news and I look forward to hearing about more payments to come.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13396 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:
quote:
Originally posted by Charlie64:

Dont keep us guessing ??

I know but it is not up to me to say exactly what it is . I will say the number is less than 10% of the total due .

It was $5,000

One of Us
Picture of eagle27
posted Hide Post
quote:

I won't say that's good news but at least it maybe a signal that Ibi intends to make good the amount he owes you. Unfortunately if he has set that small payment, guessing around $5k, as the level of instalments he will make then even at monthly intervals you will be looking at another 15 months before Ibi's debt to you is cleared.
This is all conjecture of course, you may know better details than that, but we know that you were hoping to have your father accompany you on an African hunt and due to his health condition time was not on his side.
I do hope you and your father can manage something together before too late.
Best wishes.

Posts: 3859 | Location: Nelson, New Zealand | Registered: 03 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

May be because it worked then, it was tried again, with 100% UNREFUNDABLE trophy fees!

And he turned out to be a perfect gentleman, and an honest professional hunter and we hunted with him again.

Those demanding "non refundable trop[hy fees" can bloody well stick their contract where the sun never shines!

Same here.

Such requirements will NEVER be in any safari contract I sign.

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Robinson:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Same here.

Such requirements will NEVER be in any safari contract I sign.

Not only that, I would include a clause whereas if I quit in the middle of a hunt and/or miss my quarry I get reparations from the unscrupulous rascal whom sold me the hunt ina well known area.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
My god some of you just are like a bunch of gossiping ladys. Many think way to much of themselves and the power they have by talking.

I will look at this as a good sign and doing what they said they would. May not be as fast as most would like it but a start to making cme whole again.

Posts: 559 | Location: macungie , Pa | Registered: 21 March 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bcap:
My god some of you just are like a bunch of gossiping ladys. Many think way to much of themselves and the power they have by talking.

I will look at this as a good sign and doing what they said they would. May not be as fast as most would like it but a start to making cme whole again.

Exactly.

The sad truth is that a number of people have posted here and elsewhere on this topic solely for the purpose of making personal attacks for ulterior motives.

They are clearly disappointed by this positive development and are obviously having difficulty hiding it.

Disgraceful but par for the course.

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Exactly.

The sad truth is that a number of people have posted here and elsewhere on this topic solely for the purpose of making personal attacks for ulterior motives.

They are clearly disappointed by this positive development and are obviously having difficulty hiding it.

Who are “they” lol
Name one person who is “clearly disappointed”

One of Us
Picture of eagle27
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Exactly.

That's rich coming from someone who hasn't sat for a good part of a year $80,000 out of pocket and possibly facing another year plus before the debt is cleared. No hope of any penalty interest being received either for baling out a business he doesn't know with $80,000 for the length of time he has and will continue to do until the debt is paid in full. That's no given either the longer the period of repayments goes on.

You would play a different tune if it was your $80,000 sitting in Ibi's back pocket.

Posts: 3859 | Location: Nelson, New Zealand | Registered: 03 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Exactly.

That is rich coming from someone that posted a hunt report solely for the purpose of making a personal attack for ulterior motives.!!!!!!!!

Go Duke!!

Posts: 1288 | Location: Texas | Registered: 25 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by eagle27:
quote:
quote:

Exactly.

That's rich coming from someone who hasn't sat for a good part of a year $80,000 out of pocket and possibly facing another year plus before the debt is cleared. No hope of any penalty interest being received either for baling out a business he doesn't know with $80,000 for the length of time he has and will continue to do until the debt is paid in full. That's no given either the longer the period of repayments goes on.

You would play a different tune if it was your $80,000 sitting in Ibi's back pocket.

+1

Go Duke!!

Posts: 1288 | Location: Texas | Registered: 25 January 2009Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Frankly, I am disappointed.

Not that the client is being paid back his money.

But the way he is being paid!

Little bit at a time, and no one knows how long between payments and how long before all his money is paid.

I have no idea how much he got back.

Or if a payment schedule has been agreed upon.

REFUND means immediate payment!

Anything else is unacceptable!

Posts: 67005 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I agree Saeed. It seems to me that this adds to the stress for CME. Now he is still wondering if and when the next payment will come . Given the number of times Ibi has misrepresented things , I am sure he is wondering.

While I am 100% sure that CME would like the full amount , the $5,000 was better than nothing .

I am happy he got the payment . I also wish it was the full amount .

It has been interesting to get the thoughts on this matter from Zambians at SCI.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Little bit at a time, and no one knows how long between payments and how long before all his money is paid.

Has hell frozen over? Has Biden suddenly found his brain?
Saeed and I finally agree on one thing in this debacle? I need to buy a lottery ticket,

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dogcat:
quote:

Saeed and I finally agree on one thing in this debacle? I need to buy a lottery ticket,

I am sure there are a million things we can agree on my friend.

On this subject our only disagreement is I don’t put as much blame on Andrew as you do.

Does he have a responsibility for what had happened?

Yes.

And my feeling is he feels the same.

But ultimately he has absolutely no control over Ibi, except to give him a wide birth in the future!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by dogcat:
quote:

I am sure there are a million things we can agree on my friend.

On this subject our only disagreement is I don’t put as much blame on Andrew as you do.

Does he have a responsibility for what had happened?

Yes.

And my feeling is he feels the same.

But ultimately he has absolutely no control over Ibi, except to give him a wide birth in the future!

Wow, we agree again... Heaven is here! Almost.

One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
I'm glad to see CME getting some payments. I hope he gets made whole.

one of us
posted Hide Post
It really shouldn't be anyone's problem anymore other than the parties directly involved.

I can see cme wanting to update everyone on any progress or lack thereof, but for everyone else, what does it matter? Most who followed this thread over the 12 pages have made their mind up about the various players by now, so why post further?

This horse is beat... horse

"...Them, they were Giants!"
J.A. Hunter describing the early explorers and settlers of East Africa

hunting is not about the killing but about the chase of the hunt.... Ortega Y Gasset

Posts: 3034 | Location: Tanzania - The Land of Plenty | Registered: 19 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bill73
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bwanamich:
It really shouldn't be anyone's problem anymore other than the parties directly involved.

I can see cme wanting to update everyone on any progress or lack thereof, but for everyone else, what does it matter? Most who followed this thread over the 12 pages have made their mind up about the various players by now, so why post further?

This horse is beat... horse

I think you would have a different view if you were out 80k,it is a problem that got exposure,& there are some results now,this horse is far from being dead,I for one want crooks exposed,you rip off one of ours?your cash flow will suffer,if cme does not get compensated?it will cost in lost revenue & loss of reputation.

DRSS

Posts: 2277 | Location: MI | Registered: 20 March 2007Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
I sometimes wonder if a complaint has not been posted here, and the posts that follow, don't help expedite things along.

Buzz demanded a FULL NON REFUNDABLE trophy fees, and someone complained here.

The outcry against this stupid policy made him change his mind.

It transpired that this was NOT the first time this was done.

A member posted that they demanded 50% non refundable trophy fees before!!!???

We never knew this.

Must have given them enough courage to demand 100%.

Which exactly what had happened.

And Bill, you are right.

Crooks, no matter who they are, must be exposed.