THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Calling Out Fairgame (Andrew Baldry)
Page 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 22

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Calling Out Fairgame (Andrew Baldry)
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Buzz is not de frauding anyone, so how can you call him a crook? Other countries do the same...it's called their policy and their right to do so. It's your right to accept it it not. Move on and let go of Buzz, he must be consuming alot of your time unnecessarily

Posts: 44 | Location: zim | Registered: 01 October 2009Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ilitshe_zim:
Buzz is not de frauding anyone, so how can you call him a crook? Other countries do the same...it's called their policy and their right to do so. It's your right to accept it it not. Move on and let go of Buzz, he must be consuming alot of your time unnecessarily

Einstein!

Welcome back!

40 posts in 15 years! rotflmo

We appreciate your participation! clap

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67007 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
Picture of Mguu
posted Hide Post
I can beat that. I'm like the oldest buffalo with the smallest horns around here.

Einstein!

Welcome back!

40 posts in 15 years! rotflmo

We appreciate your participation! clap[/QUOTE]

Posts: 23 | Location: Tanzania-Germany | Registered: 22 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sometimes you learn more by listening/reading than by talking/posting....

Posts: 10193 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dogcat:

Absolutely.

Trust only those who stand to lose as much as you do when things go wrong.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:

How much would you have learned if no one posted? rotflmo

Posts: 67007 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
. . . any further progress Corey?

Mike

Posts: 21237 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MJines:

No sir, Ibi is supposed to send another payment of 5k at the end of the month. Fingers crossed!

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cme:
quote:

No sir, Ibi is supposed to send another payment of 5k at the end of the month. Fingers crossed!

5k a month will takes 16 months!

Totally unacceptable!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Consider also that for the last 8 months CME received Sweet Fanny Adams.

With the conventions done and dusted there is also a strong possibility of some clients having booked hunts in concessions run by Ibi and maybe, just maybe, the installments may rise to 10 or 15k per month, or more.

At times one also needs to be optimistic.

Posts: 1908 | Registered: 06 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fulvio:
quote:

With the conventions done and dusted there is also a strong possibility of some clients having booked hunts in concessions run by Ibi and maybe, just maybe, the installments may rise to 10 or 15k per month, or more.

Does he have any concessions ?

Posts: 11985 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:
quote:
quote:

Does he have any concessions ?

No, the only "new" GMA's to have been awarded were the ones that filed suit. Those were Peter Chipman (Kwalata) and Arturo Cuturi (Ntengu).

Posts: 1867 | Location: St. Charles, MO | Registered: 02 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
So Ibi doesn't have any area. That is what I thought.

I hope the payments continue.

Posts: 11985 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

. . . any sign this is likely to happen Corey?

Mike

Posts: 21237 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well, it's March 2. Partial payment was supposed to occur by the end of February.

Any positive developments or payment?

Best wishes for a successful outcome.

Posts: 1129 | Location: Land of Lincoln | Registered: 15 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Nothing additional as of today.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12873 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
A terrible state of affairs.

Now, how would Ibi be able to pay back the money he owes if he has no quota?

Has he got quota for this year?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
IF ibi pays anything back and that’s a hell of a big IF he will likely just defraud someone else and keep the shell game up forever.

DRSS
Kreighoff 470 NE
Valmet 412 30/06 & 9.3x74R

Posts: 1064 | Location: Denver | Registered: 31 May 2010Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
quote:

That is correct.

Posts: 9 | Location: Alabama | Registered: 19 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Andrew, any updates on payments?

Posts: 1867 | Location: St. Charles, MO | Registered: 02 August 2012Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Safari2:

Any updates on payments should be posted by the man who needs to be paid!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
quote:

Thank you but the shit-stirrers seem to think otherwise.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ok, I’ll respond. The second payment was not made.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am shocked.

Shocked I tell you.

DRSS
Kreighoff 470 NE
Valmet 412 30/06 & 9.3x74R

Posts: 1064 | Location: Denver | Registered: 31 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Steve Ahrenberg
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Fulvio -

I don't see it that way. One of the prime reasons for a site like this to exist is to keep all of us up to date.

Up to date not only on great area's, outfitters, firearms and other related stuff, but to also make us aware of the potential negatives out there.

Cme doesn't seem like a really active guy on social media. Had this entire episode not been brought to light, how many others deposits might have been absconded by Ibi?

Formerly "Nganga"

Posts: 3401 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 26 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ok, I’ll respond. The second payment was not made.

Sorry to hear that. Has he given any reason or just gone quiet?

Posts: 800 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 05 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Ahrenberg:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Fulvio -

I don't see it that way. One of the prime reasons for a site like this to exist is to keep all of us up to date.

Up to date not only on great area's, outfitters, firearms and other related stuff, but to also make us aware of the potential negatives out there.

Cme doesn't seem like a really active guy on social media. Had this entire episode not been brought to light, how many others deposits might have been absconded by Ibi?

Thanks Steve, I agree. Another thread popped up on the Travel Forum regarding Zambia. Myself and a couple of other posters set them straight regarding another Closed area in Zambia BEFORE a deposit was sent.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good ol' victim Andrew goes silent here and is posting everywhere else... Go figure...

Where is the hard work Baldry promised to get this resolved?????

Posts: 10193 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Also to Fulvio -

If you were on the receiving end of the lies and deceit, what would you do? Sit back and expect the fairy godmother to deliver your cash back to you???

It is shit-stirring when it is not your money and you get to sit on the sidelines and root for whoever "wins".

This is out and out theft by deception. Baldry is complicit and Ibi is the guilty one. Blame the government all you want but it is Ibi and other operators (mostly non-hunting parties) job to be a step ahead of the government. There are no secrets in this country. If your livelihood depends on some government wonk opening/closing/canceling concessions, it is your best interest to know about it and be prepared for it. It costs money to stay connected. And who knows, maybe Ibi and whoever cancelled the concessions are somehow connected in this mess. Losing this kind of cash is no accident.

Baldry has been there long enough to know how Zambia works and should have been connected enough to see this coming or know about it in time to avert this.

As I previously posted, I have been hosed three times in the hunt business. Two of those involving Zambia. Nothing on this scale or scope but it left a bad enough taste in my mouth that I won't hunt Zambia again unless I pay AFTER the hunt and the trophies are in the USA....

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Also to Fulvio -

If you were on the receiving end of the lies and deceit, what would you do? Sit back and expect the fairy godmother to deliver your cash back to you???

It is shit-stirring when it is not your money and you get to sit on the sidelines and root for whoever "wins".

This is out and out theft by deception. Baldry is complicit and Ibi is the guilty one. Blame the government all you want but it is Ibi and other operators (mostly non-hunting parties) job to be a step ahead of the government. There are no secrets in this country. If your livelihood depends on some government wonk opening/closing/canceling concessions, it is your best interest to know about it and be prepared for it. It costs money to stay connected. And who knows, maybe Ibi and whoever cancelled the concessions are somehow connected in this mess. Losing this kind of cash is no accident.

Baldry has been there long enough to know how Zambia works and should have been connected enough to see this coming or know about it in time to avert this.

Dogcat/Safari2/Steve:

Throwing continuous sarcastic remarks at one person and accusing him of complicity suggests he was part and parcel of the scam and got his slice of the pie which I very much doubt is true.

Baldry has more than once openly stated that he has committed himself in trying to set things right with the outfitter but because results have not been positive, he stands out as the guilty party.

If the Zambian hunting industry's reputation is in the dregs why hasn't this issue been raised at the various conventions?

When a Zambian outfitter books his/their booth why have they not been given the proverbial cold shoulder as "outfitter non grato" which would raise questions with the Zambian hunting authorities as to why they cannot market their products?

It stands to reason therefore that even SCI/Dallas, etc. are somehow complicit in promoting business with shady outfitters .. or not?

The injured party rarely comments unless cajoled in providing an update which might eventually come out in a 5 word sentence and yes, Ibi is undoubtedly an unsavoury character with whom to conduct business.

I repeat again that every effort has to be made to lodge a formal complaint against this individual to the Zambian Authorities who are also represented by their Embassy and I suggest CME starts from there through an appointment with the Zambian Ambassador instead of 3rd parties hollering their disapproval at Baldry who did NOT receive the payment.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
No one, with an iota of common sense, would put the blame on Andrew.

He is on the loosing end just as the client.

In fact may be even more.

The client lost money and got a small percentage back.

He is likely to get all back.

Andrew cannot get back what he has lost.

And it was all due to some stupid government decision!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
So you are saying good ol' Andrew is innocent/not involved/naive to this entire mess with Ibi? Was he not representing Ibi? Was he not marketing hunts for Ibi in hopes of a payday? He was/is the front man for Ibi - and he did not know what the government was up to or what Ibi was up to? There are few secrets in governments. Too many people involved. Good ol' Ibi likely knows or knew someone somewhere that saw this coming.

Further, good ol' innocent/naive Andrew did not get his biggest client in line for a refund up front rather than at the end of line when Ibi had already spent/stolen/lost the money paid?

At the first hint of trouble, good ol' Andrew should have at least gotten CME his money quicker and more of it.

The point is good ol' innocent/naive Andrew, who many here hold in high esteem for his PH skills, was too clueless to see this coming or at least have a "wiff" that this was in the wind? Then sits and claims he is just a middleman?

When you represent someone or something and are actively selling it - you are no middleman.

I don't buy it and don't see how anyone with "common sense" cannot at least see part of this....

I hope this ends well for CME and that good ol' Andrew picks his business associates a little better...

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Andrew is not an agent.

He never REPRESENTED Ibi.

He HUNTS on Ibi’s land.

Your understanding of this sad situation is very different from mine.

And you, of course, is very welcome to your opinion!

I will stick to mine.

And I will be very happy to hunt with Andrew if I was hunting in that country.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Practicalities aside, under U.S. law he appears to be an agent.

He is selling a service with the authority of the principal.

Posts: 10930 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Whilst Baldry may have recommended the outfitter he did NOT sell anything as he received no moneys; at least that is the story or maybe Ibi can tell CME to collect the commission he supposedly gave Baldry if you all believe he got paid something.

Isn't that the internationally known meaning of "to sell"?

Why not admit that all these attacks on the man are tantamount to a witch-hunt as it appears obvious by now that there is a select group who dislike him for reasons of their own.

CME has Ibi's contact number/s, email address, possibly on whatsapp. etc. and it would be interesting to know if any of those lambasting Baldry have at all inundated Ibi's voice and email with accusations of theft or is it just because there is a public platform (pretty much with freedom of speech) available called AR on which to demeanour a man who happens to be a member of the same website?

So what have you gained?

CME is still out of pocket and Baldry isn't going to assist anymore as you have all branded him a crook.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LHeym500:

Yep

One of Us
Picture of Wesheltonj
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Yep

Maybe.

Posts: 754 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 13 April 2016Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Yep

I hate to remind you, US law is IRRELEVANT!

The real culprit in this fiasco is the government!

Go sue them!

Tell them you are suing them under US law! clap

One of Us
Picture of Steve Ahrenberg
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Whilst Baldry may have recommended the outfitter he did NOT sell anything as he received no moneys; at least that is the story or maybe Ibi can tell CME to collect the commission he supposedly gave Baldry if you all believe he got paid something.

Isn't that the internationally known meaning of "to sell"?

Why not admit that all these attacks on the man are tantamount to a witch-hunt as it appears obvious by now that there is a select group who dislike him for reasons of their own.

CME has Ibi's contact number/s, email address, possibly on whatsapp. etc. and it would be interesting to know if any of those lambasting Baldry have at all inundated Ibi's voice and email with accusations of theft or is it just because there is a public platform (pretty much with freedom of speech) available called AR on which to demeanour a man who happens to be a member of the same website?

So what have you gained?

CME is still out of pocket and Baldry isn't going to assist anymore as you have all branded him a crook.

Since you listed me in one of your responses, I'll address it.

You say "Dislike Andrew for reasons of your own". I have hunted with Andrew, twenty years ago as a matter of fact. I have nothing negative to say, report or otherwise.

I Feel, (very strongly) that one of the functions of an internet forum is to share both good and bad news, reviews, or updates that speak specifically to our demographic.

"Liking or disliking" someone, has ABSOLUTELY no role in being honest with a group of International sportsman.

I feel we have duty to the whole, beyond some loyalty to an individual. You apparently, do not. That's fine as well. However, I will not look for the negative in that as you seemed to be doing.

I had a great hunt with Andrew, had fun and we had many laughs. But when it comes to awareness and forthright fullness, I'm gonna call a spade a spade.

I agree, Ibi is at fault. However there is SOME kind of responsibility shared with Andrew. Perhaps not a financial one, but a responsibility, nonetheless.

Formerly "Nganga"

Posts: 3401 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 26 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwana338
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Yep

I hate to remind you, US law is IRRELEVANT!

The real culprit in this fiasco is the government!

Go sue them!

Tell them you are suing them under US law! clap

Saeed, you are staying facts... OH, how dare you do such a thing.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"You've got the strongest hand in the world. That's right. Your hand. The hand that marks the ballot. The hand that pulls the voting lever. Use it, will you" John Wayne

Posts: 1578 | Location: West River at Heart | Registered: 08 April 2012Reply With Quote