Need Suggestions
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of David Hulme
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike70560:
quote:
Does anyone here who knows anything at all about Africa think for a minute that Adam or any other PH would have done anything different than the one in question did with a first time African hunter and a wounded buff?

I do not believe it. Nor would I even consider it. My wife's first big animal was an eland. She wounded it and we tracked it all day until we lost the blood trail. It was never even a question that we would pay the trophy fee. She was upset, not about the trophy fee, but for the animal suffering. That is what a hunter should do.

100% Mike. And I know dozens and dozens of hunters who would never consider not paying for their wounded animal. People with honor, values and substance, the people who actually do keep the wheel turning. None of the PH's or clients I have had the pleasure of hunting with would consider getting involved in this crap - any of the crap that has surfaced lately on the various Zim threads. And if they did (yes I do know a few who do/have), I would not be hunting with them anymore. May not mean much to them as they fill their bank accounts with ill gotten gain, but it is true that the only constant is change. When core values are lost, when the difference between right and wrong becomes so blurred that there is no longer a difference, then only strict disciplinary action can help that person to change his ways.

This is not ours to abuse, we are generational guardians and some people are abusing that privilege. Call me a dreamer and idealist and I will call you (lawbreaking hunter) a dirty rotten scoundrel who will, sooner or later, be brought to book.

Thank you Saeed and thank you honorable hunting members for helping to bring to light this unacceptable lawlessness in our wildlife areas.

To those 'but I've got a permit' guys, you needn't have that permit, why did you buy it when you knew it was the 5th tag in an area which has, for 40 years, been allocated 1 tag.... Remember and ponder upon the basic fundamentals your parents taught you in your first few years of life. Bloody riffraff.

To those who are doing what they can to bring a halt to the unacceptable situation in many of our wildlife areas, I commend you, as do the vast majority of Zimbabweans. Future generations will thank you.

David Hulme

Posts: 2270 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 28 February 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JBrown:

...Why was Adam dealing with such a dodgy outfitter?...

To me, this is really the most important issue here. WHY was ACST dealing with such a questionable oufitter? And WHY would he send anyone, esp. a new guy, to an outfitter that he had problems with already, where he had enough issue with the lame PH to REQUIRE the oufitter to do all the hunts?

This is not the first story here on AR about Wayne D. , but hopefully it will be the last!

The return of monies to AG, that had never been paid out anyway, and the agents commission, are certainly the very least ACST could do for AllGone. [the other offers do sound nice on the face but hardly practical upon further thought]

It seems likely that ALL Gone will see nothing more from ACST or from Wayne D. The lame excuses of the crooked buffalo deal and the premature publication here on AR have blurred the main issue - the PH's order to shoot the baby elephant, and then pay for it!

The one good thing to come of this is the verification of the responsibility of the booking agents to their clients. While it has been a long standing theory that you use a booking agent, because they know all the people they deal with, and will be able to steer you around the numerous bad deals and crooked outfitters and PH's, and will hold all the money in the USA until the hunt is completed successfully, and the client and PH are in agreement.

This seems not to be the case, the booking agents are working for, and paid by the outfitters. If you want to buy something that he is selling, he will sell it to you, but you are on your own after that. They are really just salesmen for the outfitters, on commission. And we the buyers are left with "buyer beware". [This is where sites like AR provide such a valuable service!]

If I were to consider using a booking agent again, nothing here would prevent me from using ACST, but we all now know the limits of their responsibility and abilities in the event of an issue. However, I will likely to contimue to book directly since we are still required to do the research to protect ourselves anyway

Les

Posts: 1261 | Location: Clearwater, FL and Union Pier, MI | Registered: 24 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This thread has taught me a few things.

Be very careful about who you book with and make sure you get it in writing of what will happen if things are not as promised and agreed on.

I will never book with the outfitter mentioned in this thread at all. He is just a big lier and thief in my opinion.
His PH is even a worse low life.

I think Adam is giving a very good offer to make things right, but I still would never make use of his services because of his total lack of agent-client discretion when referring conversation between him and his client to his lawyer friend, where his lawyer friend then comes on a public forum with it.
Doesn't matter at all that the client acted unethical and broke the law when paying a bribe.

If Adam hadn't done this, I would not hesitate accepting his offer on another Elephant hunt.
But since he did, I would also not be very eager to do it and just get back the money and use it with another agent.

I like to think that I would never even consider to pay a bribe.
I managed getting things done without bribing in Philippines when I stayed there for some months even if it took me weeks instead of a day almost every time I needed some official paperwork done.

I will also make sure that I have a good idea about how a good trophy animal looks like before going on an expensive safari where my goal was to shoot good trophies.

And of course is it totally right of the OP to go public about this matter.
And no serious agent should think differently.
If the agent acts how he/she should do, it will only make him shine and give good publicity to him/her.
If the agent makes crap out of it, then he/she gets what he/she deserves and potential clients get the message to stay away from that agent.

Posts: 461 | Location: Norway | Registered: 11 November 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
As I have said before...I fault ACST for ever being involved with such a POS outfit to begin with.

It seems that ACST did make a crucial mistake in releasing the ele trophy fee too soon.

Adam's response was noble and appropriate.

I think Tim Lamprecht should have his PH license pulled.

And I truly hope nobody ever outfits with Wayne D. ever again...what a sorry excuse for a safari outfitter.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36839 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
As a sidebar and in support of the many, many good and honest PH's out there, here's another first hand account of "What happens in the bush, stays in the bush." I once wounded a buff while hunting with Mitch Bunce in the Sengwe Research area. Mitch and his crew did everything they could to recover the bull. Everything. In fact, we tracked it for THREE days until its tracks became lost in a larger herd. There was NEVER the hint of "making a plan" for another buff. Never. Not even a joke about it. I paid the trophy fee and we moved on. And I'd bet my experience is the norm.

114-R10David

Posts: 1751 | Location: Prescott, Az | Registered: 30 January 2007Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
I have been hunting in Africa for close to 30 years. I have wounded and lost some animals.

There was NEVER, EVER, any question about bribing the game scout, or not paying for the wounded and lost game animal.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67376 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
To LHOWELL in particular, but for all. In my opinion, as a booking agent with a deep history in this business I would like to offer MY feelings on the AGENT LOYALTY issue. It may not be the practice or feelings of other agents, but it reflects our outlook from a Safari Classics standpoint and , I believe, many other outfits in our business.
Yes, the safari outfitter pays a commission to the agent who represents and sells his hunts. But, and this is a big but, neither the outfitter or the agent make any money without THE CLIENT, thus the agent is working for the betterment of both the parties that he is representing. Both are vital, both must honor their commitments, and the agent is in the middle to make sure both parties have a clear understanding of laws, expectations,fees, dates, staff, general understandings and the list goes on and on. The agent works for BOTH parties, and he will , as is his job, work like hell to handle any issues that come up. Problems do happen, in all businesses, and sometime it's due to the client, sometimes it may be due to the outfitter. I have seen both, as have all experienced agents, and I have supported both as needed. That the agent is only loyal to the outfitter is simply not true, and to state it as such shows a complete lack of understanding of the relationship. Broad brushes often paint over unintended lines ! If the outfitter is in the wrong-the agent backs the client. If the client is in the wrong, the agent backs the outfitter. If you are using a agent that feels otherwise, you have chosen the wrong guy.

Dave Fulson

Posts: 1467 | Registered: 20 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of drummondlindsey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DawnRoar:

This guy put a budget on Adam and got a hunt for Ele, buff and leopard for 30k. How many 30k hunts like that you been on or have found available?

Maybe Adam should not have booked the hunt? I'm sure there is a reason you dont see hunts like this available for that price. Sometimes its just not worth risking it just to get a commission, especially if you know that people like Tim are associated with the PH.

I think its a bit shady to have an attorney chime in to buy some time but that being said, good on Adam for refunding his commission! Jeff Blair should take notice

Posts: 2092 | Location: Windsor, CO | Registered: 06 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brett Adam Barringer:
Adam,

I'm not sure what happened to your second post but thank you for the thoughtful reply. I didn't figure most booking agents work as an escrow service. That said I thought it was possible you could have conditions before money was released to the outsider. And yes I have no doubt that you have many happy customers that I could speak with. Thank you for the reply.

Brett

Second post?

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

Posts: 7610 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Frostbit:
quote:
Originally posted by Brett Adam Barringer:
Adam,

I'm not sure what happened to your second post but thank you for the thoughtful reply. I didn't figure most booking agents work as an escrow service. That said I thought it was possible you could have conditions before money was released to the outsider. And yes I have no doubt that you have many happy customers that I could speak with. Thank you for the reply.

Brett

Second post?

Yes. Not sure what happened to it.

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

Rhyme of the Sheep Hunter
May fordings never be too deep, And alders not too thick; May rock slides never be too steep And ridges not too slick.
And may your bullets shoot as swell As Fred Bear's arrow's flew; And may your nose work just as well As Jack O'Connor's too.
May winds be never at your tail When stalking down the steep; May bears be never on your trail When packing out your sheep.
May the hundred pounds upon you Not make you break or trip; And may the plane in which you flew Await you at the strip.
-Seth Peterson

Posts: 4551 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 21 February 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dave Fulson:
To LHOWELL in particular, but for all. In my opinion, as a booking agent with a deep history in this business I would like to offer MY feelings on the AGENT LOYALTY issue. It may not be the practice or feelings of other agents, but it reflects our outlook from a Safari Classics standpoint and , I believe, many other outfits in our business.
Yes, the safari outfitter pays a commission to the agent who represents and sells his hunts. But, and this is a big but, neither the outfitter or the agent make any money without THE CLIENT, thus the agent is working for the betterment of both the parties that he is representing. Both are vital, both must honor their commitments, and the agent is in the middle to make sure both parties have a clear understanding of laws, expectations,fees, dates, staff, general understandings and the list goes on and on. The agent works for BOTH parties, and he will , as is his job, work like hell to handle any issues that come up. Problems do happen, in all businesses, and sometime it's due to the client, sometimes it may be due to the outfitter. I have seen both, as have all experienced agents, and I have supported both as needed. That the agent is only loyal to the outfitter is simply not true, and to state it as such shows a complete lack of understanding of the relationship. Broad brushes often paint over unintended lines ! If the outfitter is in the wrong-the agent backs the client. If the client is in the wrong, the agent backs the outfitter. If you are using a agent that feels otherwise, you have chosen the wrong guy.

Dave, One of the greatest features of this site and some others like it, is that it provides the forum for anyone with an opinion to voice it. I stated mine and you stated yours. But we will need to agree to disagree I feel. You're on one side and I am on another, calling it as I see it.

That should have been enough but: That the agent is only loyal to the outfitter is simply not true, and to state it as such shows a complete lack of understanding of the relationship. ...Really?... I think everyone here will be able to read all this and the reports of other, previous, incidents and decide for themselves.

Les

Posts: 1261 | Location: Clearwater, FL and Union Pier, MI | Registered: 24 July 2003Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dave Fulson:

Dave,

In an ideal world, what you have said is true, and I have no doubt that some booking agents follow what you have mentioned.

But, we also hear horror stories about booking agents who seem to forgot some basic business ethics, and seem to not mind screwing either the client or those working for them in Africa.

I am sure all of us have businesses and work with others. And as long as you are dealing with people, one is going to encounter some problems.

How one deals with these problems does reflect on his business reputation.

And just to even the score, there are more bad clients than there are bad booking agents, outfitters or PHs.

And those sad characters should be exposed too.

They should not be allowed to get away with it.
Ultimately, their behaviour affects all of us.

Posts: 67376 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Adam Clements:
I am going to state my position simply because certain people have asked me to, although I do not believe in solving ongoing issues by public internet or public opinions. I would have preferred this issue be solved first in private and then AG could state his hunt report with all the facts including the final outcome at once. I do believe it is good for any hunter to post a bad report on any hunt that they think was not good, but I also think it is prudent to make sure that when a bad report is made, that all the facts are listed and the final outcome has been determined one way or the other. I have tried to keep this matter private and tried to come up with a good solution even with the mud slinging going on and with some posters who have nothing better to do than jump on the misfortune of others. So, here are the facts from me and my position so there is no more assumptions as to who, what, how or where I stand. You want the details, so here they are since this has turned into a public affair.

Richard was booked on this hunt in the Sij area which I have personally hunted myself several times in the past and I know for a fact the area does produce a good safari. I offered this area to clients who wanted an option on a hunt where they could get an affordable hunt. This area is not the easiest area to hunt and Richard and I discussed all of the details pros and cons of the area prior to his booking the safari. The area does not produce “big” elephants and a client should expect 25-40 pounds on average. Leopard is good in area and Buffalo are there, but tough hunting and Richard was very happy with this option. Everything was booked and should have gone smoothly and there should not have been any problems! Because some of the past clients who had hunted with Tim complained about him being lazy and moody, I made it clear to Wayne that he would need to be the PH with any of my clients and never wanted Tim around my clients.

Richard returned from his hunt and told me that he had a good hunt and enjoyed the experience, but thought that his elephant was small and he thought Tim had made a mistake. I asked him why Tim was there, and he then told me that Wayne had e-mailed him prior to his safari and said he would not be able to be the PH. I asked why he had not informed me of this before he left, so I could have put my foot down and either forced Wayne to do the hunt, or find another PH to do the hunt? He had no answer and did not know why he did not inform me of this. I asked him to e-mail pictures, which he did. As soon as I saw the pictures I was furious about the elephant and shot an e-mail to Wayne asking him what happened, why it happened, why he did not do the hunt, and that he better be in the process of firing Tim right away. I was very angry and not acceptable for any PH to allow this type of mistake to happen. We all make mistakes, but this was one that was preventable and should not have been made.

I then talked to Richard on the phone and apologized for the elephant and explained that should have never happened. Keep in mind I was still blindsided by the fact that he had hunted with Tim without my knowledge. I asked Richard if there was anything else that went wrong and besides the elephant how was the rest of the safari? He then mentioned that he thought Tim was moody, lazy, was not happy with the baiting or checking of baits, but that he was very happy with his leopard, bushbuck and kudu. Richards main concern at this time was his trophies and wanted me to make sure that his trophies were safe and would be shipped correctly and that nothing would happen to them. I had advised Richard before his safari to use a particular taxidermist in Bulawayo for his dipping & packing etc that I knew was trust worthy, had used before and was recommend by other PH’s in Bulawayo. Richard said that the trophies had been picked up and sent to another taxidermists while he was there in camp and was now worried about his trophies. I told him not to worry that both Jamie and myself would get onto it right away and make sure his trophies were fine and would be shipped with no problems to the best of our abilities. We got onto the matter with the trophies and made sure all was in order. I was still waiting on a reply from Wayne, so I could talk to him. My accounting office did what it does with every outfitter and once they got the final trophy fee bill from the outfitter, they wired the money for the trophy fees listed in order for there not to be any delay in the govt payment and trophy process from our side. Richard still had some money left over on his trophy fee credit and when my office sent him his final invoice and stated they were going to refund him his remaining credit, he asked my office not to send him any money refund as he did not want it to look like he was accepting a refund from us and for us to hold the money and not to send the $1,500 tip that he was going to give Tim until his trophies arrived. Did not make sense to us so they held his credit until further notified.

A few days later, Richard contacted me again and asked if Wayne would be willing to refund his trophy fee for the elephant. I told Richard that I would get with Wayne and do everything I can to see what I could do about the elephant and see if I can get a refund and that it would be a hard job and long process and to be patient with me while I did my best in coming up with a solution. I explained that there would be many excuses made as there is always two sides to a story, but will do my best and get back to him once I had some answers.

I finally got to speak with Wayne on the phone and we went over everything of the safari. I made sure that the trophies were in good shape and would be handled properly and shipped out asap. We discussed the elephant and Wayne was mad about it as well and I asked him if he would refund the trophy fee for the elephant to make this right for Richard on his part. He said he would think about it and he wanted to talk to Tim in detail to get his side of the story and find out what happened and would get back to me. Richard kept calling me very often checking in and asking if I had gotten anything for him. I told Richard I was working on it and thought I would get something worked out, but I needed time and patience. If I was not in the office, then Jamie would answer him and advise I was traveling and would get back to him when I could.

Now, in the mean time without my knowledge at first Richard decided to go to the public and ask for suggestions, where things went down hill and thanks to many of you posters who seem to think you know everything and know how to handle others issues, you jumped right into the boat and started smearing names without any full story or any final conclusion. Why would Richard need suggestions from the public internet who cannot help anything when he knew I was in the process of trying to work something out is beyond me. But because of this now and his post going like a wildfire with everyone putting in their jabs. Well Wayne saw all of this on AR even before I did and when I talked to Wayne again on the phone thinking I was going to get a refund for Richard, everything had changed and he was now angry due to the smearing on AR and was not willing to give any cash refund and would only offer a repeat hunt. He also just then informed me that he had just found out from Tim that there was a wounded and lost Buffalo in the mix now and why was Richard not honest about this? I told Wayne that Richard had not said anything to me about a buffalo at all and I would find out his story. Wayne then gave me Tims side of the story from the safari which has already been mentioned, but of no interest to me really as my concern was to try and solve the issue at hand and try to get something back for Richard.

I called Richard up and asked what the story was on a Buffalo? He said yes he had wounded and lost a buffalo and did not know why he had not told me of it and that he had bribed the game scout $300 and thought not to mention it again. I told him that this new news caused a second spanner in the spokes and it kept getting harder for me to negotiate any type of deal. Wayne was by now in no mood to deal much or listen to any reason from me. So I had no choice but to offer Richard what Wayne’s offer was at this time. I do not have the power to force any outfitter to make their own decisions or what to do, and in this case my only power and reasoning was gone due to the smearing on AR and the hiding the Buffalo. Keep in mind I still have to be polite and professional as I still have Richard’s trophies that need to be shipped.

I feel terrible for Richard and that this safari went so wrong in so many different ways without me knowing anything until his return when I was blindsided by so many different issues. It is very misfortunate that any of this happened and hope that Wayne takes my advice and fires Tim.

Outcome as it is now: It has already been mentioned what was offered by Wayne which is a repeat hunt for $12,500 all inclusive. Whether Richard takes this or not is his decision, but I have done everything I can with Wayne on this. Because of everything said on AR and the hidden buff story, my hands are now tied with Wayne as he is done negotiating.

It has also been mentioned what I have personally offered which is my commission of $1,800, $5,000 credit for a TZ safari if he so wishes, if he wants to do the repeat safari, I will pay out of my pocket the PH fees for another PH. Even after I found out about the Buffalo and was suppose to send that money as trophy fee, I did not and returning the $3,000 to Richard. That is $4,800 in cash I am returning, plus we are returning the $1,500 cash that he wanted to tip Tim with (which he never asked to be refunded), plus the offer of credit for $5,000. I do not see what more I personally can do with the way the situation has turned out which was all out of my control and should have never happened in the first place. My office sent Richard a check for $9,632 refund and he still has the option of using $5,000 credit toward another safari in TZ. I am sure some of you will continue to question and judge. The only 2 reasons I was not able to negotiate any further with Wayne was because of this posting and because of the secret buffalo, and I do not think it is fair to question why I did not do more! Thanks to these 2 reasons my hands got tied very quickly. Richard made the decision to go public before I had time to complete any conclusion and he was not straight with me about the Buffalo. How do I fight for a client when I get blindsided and the public jury can't wait to hear the final conclusion before they start smearing and throwing accusations? That is all from me and will not post again publicly on this matter as the facts are above and nothing else to debate.

Adam, I have a quick question. Do you blame Richard for this debacle? Do you take any of the responsibility for the outcome? While I think its great that you're returning your commission I see that you're also putting a lot on Richard and I think that this is a little unfair considering it was his first trip to Africa.

Posts: 2092 | Location: Windsor, CO | Registered: 06 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
Dawn Roar sure has disappeared here. maybe Adam forgot to send him his retainer. oh, that's right- for the first half dozen or so posts, HE FORGOT TO MENTION HE WAS ADAM'S LAWYER/ LEGAL ADVISER/CONFIDANT( whatever the relationship is/was), divulging info passed between Adam and Richard.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13233 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Adam can answer this for you himself.

But, in a nutshell, all 4 parties are to blame to a lesser or greater degree.

Richard has the least blame, as he has listened to his PH to break the law. I am not certain that he knew this, or he assumed that it is normal practice.

Adam knows there was a problem with this PH, and he specifically asked that he does not conduct hunts for his clients. Which brings another point up. That one cannot trust Wayne at all. He has a track record of bad reports, and he is willing to go back on his word to a client - namely Adam in this case.

Frankly, I have no idea why Adam remains booking hunts with Wayne.

The majority of the blame rests on the shoulders of Wayne and his PH Tim Lamprecht, especially as previous clients have complaint about him.

Why does Wayne still employ him?

May be bad apples tend to gravitate together?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
All Gone

An interesting post to say the least. I am not going to go into the whole debacle on the buff/agent/money back etc but what I can say is, the ele apart, you had a very good hunt.

Your leopard is a monster, great bushbuck impala and I personaly like your old Kudu and for better or for worse you had an oppertunity on a buff.

The elephant on the other hand is a shame. What only 1 other person has asked needs to be cleared- are you sure that it is a bull. I do not bring this point up to "heap more wood on the fire" as such but from what I see from the pictures I would say that that is a cow and if that is the case you will never get that ivory as as and when it get gets officialy weighed Parks will clearly see that it is not a bull.

To clarify that point a little-it is harder to say by a picture whether the ivory is cow or a small bull but when you have the tusks infront of you you will clearly see as in a bull, and in particular a very small bull the section of the tusk that is inside the scull has a much wider circumference then the exposed part of the tusk and there is a large amount of tappering right to the end.

From the pictures of the ivory when it has been drawn it looks like it has no tappering and is uniform from start to end=cow tusks.

Unfortunately the way your ele died you would not have been able to see between its legs- did you see it when it was been recovered or were you not present?

Posts: 1128 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 22 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:
Dawn Roar sure has disappeared here. maybe Adam forgot to send him his retainer. oh, that's right- for the first half dozen or so posts, HE FORGOT TO MENTION HE WAS ADAM'S LAWYER/ LEGAL ADVISER/CONFIDANT( whatever the relationship is/was), divulging info passed between Adam and Richard.

I noticed this too. I can't imagine what Adam thought he would gain by such a ham handed attempt to smear his client.

Posts: 179 | Location: Andromeda Galaxy | Registered: 02 March 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Hulme:
Fine, carry on bribing when you/your 'PH' cock up, but make sure you don't get caught in Zim because it may be a long time before you get stateside.

David,

I never said I had ever bribed anyone and I haven't, you can keep your accusations and don't put words in my mouth but I've spent enough time in your corner of the world to know how things work and how business in the bush is conducted. As far as not getting caught crossways in Zim, that's a laugh, there isn't a more corrupt shithole on the entire sub-continent ruled by a worse pack of white-hating thugs than Zim with Mugabe and his ridiculous ZANU cronies. animal Time to climb off the high horse and look around, pal.

RW

Posts: 179 | Location: Andromeda Galaxy | Registered: 02 March 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Buzz
My thoughts exactly about the Bull/Cow
My first thought was that it was in fact a young cow.
HQ

Posts: 305 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 13 April 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of David Hulme
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Robert Wilde:
quote:
Fine, carry on bribing when you/your 'PH' cock up, but make sure you don't get caught in Zim because it may be a long time before you get stateside.

David,

I never said I had ever bribed anyone and I haven't, you can keep your accusations and don't put words in my mouth but I've spent enough time in your corner of the world to know how things work and how business in the bush is conducted. As far as not getting caught crossways in Zim, that's a laugh, there isn't a more corrupt shithole on the entire sub-continent ruled by a worse pack of white-hating thugs than Zim with Mugabe and his ridiculous ZANU cronies. animal Time to climb off the high horse and look around, pal.

RW

It's a manner of speaking Robert - collective 'you', not directed at anyone in particular.....

However, you obviously haven't dealt with the right guys here if your idea of 'business in the bush' in Zim is bribery and corruption. Instead of accusing me of accusing you, maybe you should start looking around for more honest people to deal with. Not very hard, I could direct you to half a dozen operators today who will NEVER accept bribing as part of their operation.

Look around? Me? In Zim? What a joke... I know as much about this country as anyone, with 40 years of on the ground experience. And this is a country filled with the most fantastic people. Whatever our problems may be, that fact alone will put things back on track.

When judgment day comes about we will see who needs to get off their high horses here in Zim. And that day will come. I will post the news here on AR when it does.

Because of all this negativity coming out of Zim hunting right now, and because I know that there are guys who are still trying to do things right, I have decided to become a Zimbabwe hunting consultant. I will only represent hunting operators whom I know personally, whom I know do not engage in bribery of gamescouts, overshooting of quotas etc, and whom I know run class operations in decent areas providing quality hunting experiences. Stand by a few days for more on this.

Good day, David

One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
quote:
From the pictures of the ivory when it has been drawn it looks like it has no tappering and is uniform from start to end=cow tusks

Damnation...and the plot thickens.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Buzz,

Thank you for the kind words sir.

Besides taking a few pictures of it, I didn't get to see it again until it was completly skinned and deboned. I have no idea if it was a bull or cow. If Tim knew this he never said anything about it.

That might explain why Wayne asked Adam if he wanted him to ship bigger tusks back. When Adam asked me this i said hell no i don't want someone elses tusks! Then both Adam and i wondered where he would get another set of tusks??? I wouldn't think that you would have extras lying around, but with these guys, i suppose anything is possible.

You think they won't send the tusks from my ele? Maybe it's best in the end.

AG

NRA Benefactor Life Member
RMEF Life member
Pheasants Forever life member
National Trappers Assn. life member
WTA member
Boone and Crocket club member
Wild Sheep Foundation member

Posts: 124 | Location: WI | Registered: 31 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
Adam can answer this for you himself.

But, in a nutshell, all 4 parties are to blame to a lesser or greater degree.

Richard has the least blame, as he has listened to his PH to break the law. I am not certain that he knew this, or he assumed that it is normal practice.

Adam knows there was a problem with this PH, and he specifically asked that he does not conduct hunts for his clients. Which brings another point up. That one cannot trust Wayne at all. He has a track record of bad reports, and he is willing to go back on his word to a client - namely Adam in this case.

Frankly, I have no idea why Adam remains booking hunts with Wayne.

The majority of the blame rests on the shoulders of Wayne and his PH Tim Lamprecht, especially as previous clients have complaint about him.

Why does Wayne still employ him?

May be bad apples tend to gravitate together?

Saeed, I COMPLETELY agree with you! While I think its great that Adam refunded his commission I am still having trouble with his statement on this thread. It makes it look like he is the good guy while making Richard look like he is the one at fault here.

Adam, everybody can agree that the elephant shot is a calf and Buzz Charlton is even questioning whether or not its a bull calf! The PH NEVER should have had Richard shoot and once he realized the mistake he should have never charged him the "trophy fee". To try and place the blame of any of this on Richard is simply wrong on every level

quote:
I made it clear to Wayne that he would need to be the PH with any of my clients and never wanted Tim around my clients.

Adam, doing business with a company who’s employees (and owner apparently) you can not trust was not Richards fault

quote:
I asked him why Tim was there, and he then told me that Wayne had e-mailed him prior to his safari and said he would not be able to be the PH. I asked why he had not informed me of this before he left, so I could have put my foot down and either forced Wayne to do the hunt, or find another PH to do the hunt? He had no answer and did not know why he did not inform me of this.

You blame the Richard for this? This tone kind of develops into a pattern here Adam

quote:
Now, in the mean time without my knowledge at first Richard decided to go to the public and ask for suggestions, where things went down hill and thanks to many of you posters who seem to think you know everything and know how to handle others issues, you jumped right into the boat and started smearing names without any full story or any final conclusion.

You mean smearing people like the PH telling him to shoot a calf or Wayne who did not live up to his side of the agreement by being the PH? Shame on people for pointing this out. There is nothing wrong with Richard asking for opinions. At that point had Wayne done the right thing and owned the mistake that Tim made by having Richard shoot the elephant calf and and the mistake he made himself by even allowing Tim to hunt with Richard and NOT charged the trophy fee then none of this would have ever come up

quote:
Why would Richard need suggestions from the public internet who cannot help anything when he knew I was in the process of trying to work something out is beyond me. But because of this now and his post going like a wildfire with everyone putting in their jabs. Well Wayne saw all of this on AR even before I did and when I talked to Wayne again on the phone thinking I was going to get a refund for Richard, everything had changed and he was now angry due to the smearing on AR and was not willing to give any cash refund and would only offer a repeat hunt.

How convenient! It never should have gotten to the point of Richard having to ask for suggestions on the internet Adam. I guess its just easier and cheaper to blame the hunter when you think you have "an out" so to speak.

quote:
He also just then informed me that he had just found out from Tim that there was a wounded and lost Buffalo in the mix now and why was Richard not honest about this?

Blame hunter. Wasn’t it the PH who initiated this bribe? How was a newbie to Africa to know any better? Shame on you, Wayne and Tim for turning this on Richard. Calling Richard’s honesty into question? Really? Nice try.

quote:
I called Richard up and asked what the story was on a Buffalo? He said yes he had wounded and lost a buffalo and did not know why he had not told me of it and that he had bribed the game scout $300 and thought not to mention it again.

Blame hunter. Really, Richard did all this on his own? Adam, you're painting this picture of Richard hanging his head and admitting to these indiscretions? This is not a valid excuse for an explanation.

quote:
I told him that this new news caused a second spanner in the spokes and it kept getting harder for me to negotiate any type of deal.

Blame hunter again.

quote:
Wayne was by now in no mood to deal much or listen to any reason from me. So I had no choice but to offer Richard what Wayne’s offer was at this time. I do not have the power to force any outfitter to make their own decisions or what to do, and in this case my only power and reasoning was gone due to the smearing on AR and the hiding the Buffalo.

Adam has no power to blame Wayne or Tim, but plenty of blame to go on Richard. Blame hunter. Richard, you have really made a mess of this haven’t you? This really is kind of sad

quote:
Whether Richard takes this or not is his decision, but I have done everything I can with Wayne on this. Because of everything said on AR and the hidden buff story, my hands are now tied with Wayne as he is done negotiating.

Blame hunter.

“Hidden Buff Story” has now taken the lead as the most dispicable thing that happened on this safari.

quote:
Originally posted by Adam Clements: The only 2 reasons I was not able to negotiate any further with Wayne was because of this posting and because of the secret buffalo, and I do not think it is fair to question why I did not do more! Thanks to these 2 reasons my hands got tied very quickly.

Blame hunter. “Secret Buffalo” all Richards fault ... whatever.

quote:
Richard made the decision to go public before I had time to complete any conclusion and he was not straight with me about the Buffalo.

Blame hunter.

quote:
Originally posted by Adam Clements: That is all from me and will not post again publicly on this matter as the facts are above and nothing else to debate.

This is always the last line in a post that someone really wants to disappear. I do agree that the Elephant was out of your control, but the way you treated Richard is deplorable.

Aren't you concerned about Waynes past? Tim’s involvement in this operation? Your own insistance that Tim not be involved? Is this what prospective clients should expect from an Adam Clements? To book you with a questionable operator who employs admittedly lazy incompetent ph’s? Was this what Richard was to expect?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
All Gone

I am not surprised that you did not see it until the recovery was complete.

To recieve another set of tusks in place of yours would be a seriuos crime and would indicate some very nasty buisness indeed as as you mention normaly one does not have "spare ivory" lying around.

Bottom line though if your tusks (assuming it was indeed a cow) will not be exported and there will be a full investigation into the whole incident and will have some nasty consequences.

The only way they will be exported ( again assuming it was a cow) is if a bulls tusks are taken to get weighed and registered in its place and that will then really open a can of worms! I am sorry to say that I do not see a happy ending to the ele saga.

What I am even more sad to see is fellow Zimbabwean "PH" bringing our whole industry and country into disrespect. Best of luck with the out come. Cheers Buzz

Posts: 1128 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 22 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Buzz Charlton:
What I am even more sad to see is fellow Zimbabwean "PH" bringing our whole industry and country into disrespect. Best of luck with the out come. Cheers Buzz

To hear Adam tell it its not the PH thats bringing the industry and country into disrespect, its Richard himself as he was the one that "needed suggestions" and asked an honest question on AR, the very free platform that Adam used to book this hunt in the first place

Adam, why dont you just come out and say what you really mean, if Richard had kept his mouth shut then the PH could have swept all of this under the rug and nobody would have been the wiser but now that its out in the open is does nobody any good to send back his $10k trophy fee"

One of Us
posted Hide Post
And one last thought, two prominent elephant hunters have come on here saying they think this is a Cow.

Aren't Elephant Cow trophy fees are usually $3000-$4000 so, if it was a cow, where is the balance of the $10,000? That's $6-$7k difference that sort of went missing if it is a Cow.

If there was no Cow quota available to shoot, then did Tim, "Make this Elephant go away" for a fee to the game scout as well??? Tim did it once with the Buffalo. Bad Game scouts are always bad. They don't turn honest because it's an Elephant screw up, if anything they get more money hungry seeing a prime opportunity to cash in on this screw up!

If so then where is the $10,000 BULL trophy fee?????

I'm not saying it is a Cow, but proof that it isn't a Cow is lacking.

Just a thought, I'm not saying this is what happened but just thinking out loud here. Oh well, at least he refunded his commission right?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mistakes were made by all.
I feel Adam has done his best to correct the problems from his end
I think the Jimbo can partially save their rep by refunding ele trohy fee minus the buffalo fee that Adam returned
I think if Jimbo safaris fires the Ph responsible for the elephant then their reputation can be further improved
I think If the trophy fee is not returned the Richard should be happy he did not end up in jail for the bribe. Breaking the law because someone else told you too do so is not a good excuse.
As far as Jimbo safaris not wanting to refund a client money based on a clear mistake because they got pissed about internet posting is a bad move for future business
If I was the owner of Jimbo and knew of what had transpired I would have made the client happy asap to avoid this info from getting to the internet since laws were broken.

Adam has done his best to fix his mistakes and I feel his reputation is restored and I would not hesitate to use him in the future given his efforts. I would encourage him to defend his reputation personally as he did in the forum and to avoid letting his lawyer defend him since lawyers are not interested in right, wrong,or justice but only in winning an argument. Sorry to other lawyers on this site but this is my feeling.

If Jimbo safaris fires Tim and refunds trophy elephant fee minus buffalo fee then I would find it acceptable for Adam to continue to use them for a probationary period until they have proven their efforts to improve their business. I would feel Adam would have to watch the release of money closely until a probationary period has demonstrated better client satisfaction

Richard hopefully will have learned from this experience and even though he did the wrong thing with the buffalo he did get the shaft on the elephant and the buffalo incident does not excuse or nullify the elephant problem. I think that Jimbo safaris did have some positive actions by offering another hunt but if I were in Richards shoes I doubt I would want to go back with the bad experience that he had and possible hostilities between parties. I also do not know if I would ever go back to Zim if I were Richard and had broken the law with the buffalo trophy fee. Richard did get a great leopard from the experience and he was happy with his kudu so he has some positives from the hunt.

Posts: 149 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 02 September 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of David Hulme
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Buzz Charlton:

100%.

And I must say I agree with drummondlindsey in that All Gone cannot be blamed for anything in this fiasco.

David

One of Us
Picture of David Hulme
posted Hide Post
Okay, yes he shouldn't have handed over the bribe but that's easy to say in theory... Complete newbie pressurized by the situation and everyone else....This sucks.

One of Us
Picture of Mark DeWet
posted Hide Post
Buzz - hope you are well, and had a good season ! This kind of thing is not unique to Zim - but is happening on a more regular basis in our industry throughout the African hunting countries. I have been in the business for close on 30 years - and it saddens me to hear/read how this illegal/dishonest stuff has escalated over the past 5 years or so. Too many people in the hunting fraternity are in it just for the money or a quick buck - also the present economic squeeze seems to have some effect in influencing people to operate in "the gray area" a lot quicker than in the past ! I am sure most honourable PH's, Outfitters and Booking Agents will agree with me that there are easier and better ways to make money - however we have chosen what we do - because hunting is a way of life,and we believe in it as an important conservation tool for the future of wildlife throughout the world - and not just a means to an end !
IMHO - I think both Adam and AG are stand up guys, and are doing their level best to put their sides of the story out there, and work towards an amicable solution - I honestly hope that they do get it sorted out !
Confucious once said - "Before you embark on a journey of revenge ... dig two graves "

Mark

Mark DeWet
Mark DeWet Safaris - Africa
E-mail: marksafex@icon.co.za

... purveyors of traditional African safaris

Posts: 86 | Location: Southern Africa | Registered: 25 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Les
I did not say that there are not bad agents. There are more than a few. What I said is that the GOOD ONES are not only loyal to the outfitter, they represent the client when he has a legitimate beef or problem. The key is to find a good one by doing homework, and this is the job of the client.
A good agent represents all parties with the goal of a safe, fun, and problem free safari as the ultimate goal. That was my main rebuff of a part of your statement. Nothing more.

Dave Fulson

Posts: 1467 | Registered: 20 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Max Trauma:

Richard hopefully will have learned from this experience

He made it pretty clear he did learn from this and is done with Africa. A shame!!

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

Posts: 7610 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dla69
posted Hide Post
quote:
Okay, yes he shouldn't have handed over the bribe but that's easy to say in theory... Complete newbie pressurized by the situation and everyone else....This sucks.

BS. Right is right and a bribe is not right.

Posts: 535 | Location: Greensburg, PA | Registered: 18 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of David Hulme
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dla69:
quote:

BS. Right is right and a bribe is not right.

Fair enough.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I think the Jimbo can partially save their rep by refunding ele trohy fee minus the buffalo fee that Adam returned
I think if Jimbo safaris fires the Ph responsible for the elephant then their reputation can be further improved
I think If the trophy fee is not returned the Richard should be happy he did not end up in jail for the bribe. Breaking the law because someone else told you too do so is not a good excuse.
As far as Jimbo safaris not wanting to refund a client money based on a clear mistake because they got pissed about internet posting is a bad move for future business
If I was the owner of Jimbo and knew of what had transpired I would have made the client happy asap to avoid this info from getting to the internet since laws were broken.

Adam has done his best to fix his mistakes and I feel his reputation is restored and I would not hesitate to use him in the future given his efforts. I would encourage him to defend his reputation personally as he did in the forum and to avoid letting his lawyer defend him since lawyers are not interested in right, wrong,or justice but only in winning an argument. Sorry to other lawyers on this site but this is my feeling.

If Jimbo safaris fires Tim and refunds trophy elephant fee minus buffalo fee then I would find it acceptable for Adam to continue to use them for a probationary period until they have proven their efforts to improve their business. I would feel Adam would have to watch the release of money closely until a probationary period has demonstrated better client satisfaction

Richard hopefully will have learned from this experience and even though he did the wrong thing with the buffalo he did get the shaft on the elephant and the buffalo incident does not excuse or nullify the elephant problem. I think that Jimbo safaris did have some positive actions by offering another hunt but if I were in Richards shoes I doubt I would want to go back with the bad experience that he had and possible hostilities between parties. I also do not know if I would ever go back to Zim if I were Richard and had broken the law with the buffalo trophy fee. Richard did get a great leopard from the experience and he was happy with his kudu so he has some positives from the hunt.

Reasonable reply and I have no problem with people who have different opinions as long as they do not make personal attacks. I just will not respond to that behavior. I am not at all directing this at you but at others who engage in personal attacks that I know are at their keyboards ready to lash out again.

I do want you to understand how I got involved and make it clear Adam did not ask me to make a single post. I posted early on saying give this some time and then see if it could get worked out. In my opinion I thought it unfair to drop Adam in the grease by his client when time would tell whether he deserved it or not. In my opinion Adam was getting flamed and as soon as I commented the sharks came after me. Adam knew of the thread and thanked me for my first effort to try and bring reason to the matter and advised me that he had no intention to come here because no matter what he said or did there is no justice to be found here. Seems he is right at least with some here, but again that is just an opinion.

Adam did advise me of the buff problem and how it really complicated his effects to negotiate with Wayne. Again just my opinion but this guy has hunted elk dahl sheep and lots of other N. American big game that is expensive. I simply choose to believe he knew better and I think if you read his earlier posts he admits he did. You draw blood you pay anywhere I have hunted because it is the right thing to do. Some here, mainly those who have attacked me think otherwise. That is fine but don't expect me to respond to your behavior . It was my choice to make it public simply because if you go back and read this thread from the start this poster was complaining about Adam and his inability to get his money back. If you can not see how this hidden buff relates to his very complaint about getting money back I am at a loss for words to help you connect those dots. Does that mean it excuses the els? Absolutely not. Does it explain difficulties adam had dealing with Wayne on money? How could it not?

Some believe the agent should keep this confidential but just food for thought here. How fair is it to take a dispute to a public forum and reveal word for word what Adam has said or written when it supports a claim that he is not doing enough then cry foul when all the relevant information is put on the table? The minute he quoted Adam he lost any expectation that Adam is bound to not reveal his side. Interestingly this is exactly how it works in the attorney client situation. A client can not reveal privilege information in an attack on his attorney and expect that the privilege will prevent or stop the lawyer from defending. The privilege can not be used both as a sword and a shield which is exactly what the masses are arguing for here.

In any event I agree with all you have said and hope for Adam's sake my role is better understood. Besides even those who are out to blast me surely will agree with me that Adam has done a better job than I defending himself. I am done with this thread so fire away boys you get the last word...just like my wife

Kalahari Lion (Bots 07)

Posts: 101 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 03 October 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DawnRoar:
quote:

Reasonable reply and I have no problem with people who have different opinions as long as they do not make personal attacks. I just will not respond to that behavior. I am not at all directing this at you but at others who engage in personal attacks that I know are at their keyboards ready to lash out again.

I do want you to understand how I got involved and make it clear Adam did not ask me to make a single post. I posted early on saying give this some time and then see if it could get worked out. In my opinion I thought it unfair to drop Adam in the grease by his client when time would tell whether he deserved it or not. In my opinion Adam was getting flamed and as soon as I commented the sharks came after me. Adam knew of the thread and thanked me for my first effort to try and bring reason to the matter and advised me that he had no intention to come here because no matter what he said or did there is no justice to be found here. Seems he is right at least with some here, but again that is just an opinion.

Adam did advise me of the buff problem and how it really complicated his effects to negotiate with Wayne. Again just my opinion but this guy has hunted elk dahl sheep and lots of other N. American big game that is expensive. I simply choose to believe he knew better and I think if you read his earlier posts he admits he did. You draw blood you pay anywhere I have hunted because it is the right thing to do. Some here, mainly those who have attacked me think otherwise. That is fine but don't expect me to respond to your behavior . It was my choice to make it public simply because if you go back and read this thread from the start this poster was complaining about Adam and his inability to get his money back. If you can not see how this hidden buff relates to his very complaint about getting money back I am at a loss for words to help you connect those dots. Does that mean it excuses the els? Absolutely not. Does it explain difficulties adam had dealing with Wayne on money? How could it not?

Some believe the agent should keep this confidential but just food for thought here. How fair is it to take a dispute to a public forum and reveal word for word what Adam has said or written when it supports a claim that he is not doing enough then cry foul when all the relevant information is put on the table? The minute he quoted Adam he lost any expectation that Adam is bound to not reveal his side. Interestingly this is exactly how it works in the attorney client situation. A client can not reveal privilege information in an attack on his attorney and expect that the privilege will prevent or stop the lawyer from defending. The privilege can not be used both as a sword and a shield which is exactly what the masses are arguing for here.

In any event I agree with all you have said and hope for Adam's sake my role is better understood. Besides even those who are out to blast me surely will agree with me that Adam has done a better job than I defending himself. I am done with this thread so fire away boys you get the last word...just like my wife

DawnRoar:

I personally don't have any issues with you speaking on behalf of Adam, but that is just my opinion.

You talk about justice. I am not a lawyer, but I do know a judge will allow certain types of evidence to be admitted. The beauty of the internet is that all parties (assuming they have internet access) have an equal opportunity to put their cards on the table and let the masses render their own judgement. And unlike our court system, the outcome is not prejudiced by the quality of legal advice one can afford.

I can only speak for myself, but no one came out of this a winner. You can bring up the buffalo all you want, but it has nothing to do with the elephant. It is my observation that is what the majority of the members think, but I might be wrong.

The other issue Adam must face is that he booked a hunter with an operation that was pretty shoddy. We pay booking agents not to put us in the position AG found himself in.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7573 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Steve Ahrenberg
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by DawnRoar:

[QUOTE]

DR,
I would agree with you in concept, unless said agent uses this same forum to book hunts at no cost of advertising to many hundreds of a very specific and pinpointed demographic. In this case you live by the sword, well you know the rest.

Steve

Formerly "Nganga"

Posts: 3449 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 26 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Buzz,

Thanks for letting me know what to expect, and what not to expect, [tusks].

Do you know a Gorilla over their that i could hire to shove each one of those tusks up Wayne and Tims ass then take a picture? I would love to have that to hang on my wall. I would get more joy out of that than anything else i could imagine right about now. That would most definitly be my greatest trophy ever!!

AG

NRA Benefactor Life Member
RMEF Life member
Pheasants Forever life member
National Trappers Assn. life member
WTA member
Boone and Crocket club member
Wild Sheep Foundation member

Posts: 124 | Location: WI | Registered: 31 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
All Gone,

I think you have already effectively shoved quite a bit up their respective asses.

Cheers,

Mike

P.S. I hope you took some nice photos of your trophies as I doubt you will ever see them. Take the money you save from the taxidermy/shipping along with whatever refund you get and book another hunt with a more reputable outfitter. Good luck.

STAY IN THE FIGHT!

Posts: 1849 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 25 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well, I guess I'll be taking an unpopular position or saying an unpopular thing, but so be it.
The PH was entirely wrong for telling Richard to shoot the little elephant. BUT, and it's a very big but Richard should have known it wasn't a proper sized trophy. I don't care if it was his first trip to Africa! A trip to any zoo that keeps elephants should have clued him in as to how big an adult elephant will be. (Even and elephant from the species in India that one sees in a circus are big animals compared to what he pulled the trigger on. In my opinion, anybody that calls themselves a trophy hunter should have some idea what a trophy looks like, then consider the advice of the guide or PH at the moment of decision. Naturally, when being charged by a dangerous animal, all bets are off and you shoot to kill. However, I read nothing of a threat to life in the case of the elephant being discussed that Richard shot.

Therefore, I cannot agree with those of you demanding full refund to Richard.

Just for the record, my elephant hunting experience spans 39 years. And I can assure you I knew the diference between little elephants and big Ivory & big elephants before I went the first time.

And to my friends that have posted here, such as Buzz that has posted here, I say well done.

I stand by.

Posts: 1700 | Location: USA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote