New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need Suggestions
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I haven't had any corespondance with Adam for a few weeks now. He stated in another thread that he was still working on it, I'll have to take his word on that. His assistant Jamie is still helping with the trophies.

After WD sent me the email about the ele tusks being from a male i emailed twice but haven't heard a thing back. Thats been two or three weeks ago. I asked WD about this agreement that him and Adam had about TL not hunting with ACST clients. I am wondering when this agreement took place and if WD actualy agreed to it or if it was more of a favor that was asked from Adam.

I know for a fact that TL was the PH for some of ACST clients last year.

NRA Benefactor Life Member
RMEF Life member
Pheasants Forever life member
National Trappers Assn. life member
WTA member
Boone and Crocket club member
Wild Sheep Foundation member

Posts: 124 | Location: WI | Registered: 31 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Vanderhoef
posted Hide Post
Please continue to keep us posted.

"....but to protest against all hunting of game is a sign of softness of head, not of soundness of heart."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 466 | Location: Just west of Cleo, TX | Registered: 20 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by All Gone:
Yes the buffalo incident happened.

And this is how it happened

We were looking at a bull through the thick bush, we were close enough for a shot but it was to thick. The bull layed down. I could see a small part of the bull through a hole in the bush. i told Tim i had i had no idea what i was looking at. Tim was looking over my right shoulder as i am right handed and told me that what i could see was all front shoulder and vitals. I turned my scope all the up and looked again and still had no idea of what part of the buff i was looking at. Thats when Tim told me to shoot it. I said, i don't know tim i just can't tell are you sure. He hissed, yes i'm sure shoot the facking bull. Shoot the facking bull now Richard.

I put it in the middle of the black spot that was visable as instructed and took the shot. I was only able to get one shot.

There was very little blood and the bull did not slow down or veer off.

Thats when we came across the ele.
i cerntainly did not ask to shoot the ele. That was the last thing on my mind at the time. The ele ordeal happened just the way i stated ealier.

We tracked the buff 1 1/2 to 2 hours more when we caught up to them, by then the bull was not bleeding anymore and we could not find him in the herd before they blew out again.

I am amazed no one has commented on this.

A buffalo is wounded.

Tracking the wounded buffalo, they encounter an elephant, (the little baby one), and decided to shoot it.

Then presumably go on tracking the wounded buffalo ....

Now if I had a wounded buffalo, I wouldn't be making little sojourns to shoot an elephant before the buffalo follow up was completed or the spoor exhausted and the buffalo lost. So what would happen if they ended up with two wounded animals to follow-up?

Shooting a baby elephant is just icing on the unethical and incompetence cake - on the PH and to some extent the client.

As for the shooting something you can't see, well I had exactly the same thing. I was 15 yards from three bulls, and I couldn't tell end from end of them through the tree. I was worried the PH would say "shoot the left one" and I would have to say "NO I can't see it well enough to shoot." Yes you can say NO. As it was, they ran off spooked by a predator upwind of them.

As for Adam Clements and Co, I used to be more active on AR and when I was several years ago he was in some other mess. I didn't like the reponse, explanations etc then either.

And lets look at how it has been done.
1. Because he is "away overseas" and "can't answer" etc blah blah blah he sends his anonymous "attack dog" lawyer loaded with confidential discussions to attack the client. Eventually the lawyer is exposed as a compatriot of Clements and FULL of info only Clementa could have told him.
2. When he does appear he posts a much more reasonable statement but still puts a lot of blame on the client.
3. Then another statement saying, no he doesn't blame the client etc etc, then spends half the statement blaming and attacking the client.

This latest AC episode just makes the barge pole even longer I wouldn't touch him with ....

John H.

NitroExpress.com - the net's double rifle forum

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote