THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    $70,000 Scam involving Blair Worldwide Hunting.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 38

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

$70,000 Scam involving Blair Worldwide Hunting.
 Login/Join

Picture of tigershark
posted Hide Post
I am the youngest member of the family that this happened to, and I would like to put in my two cents as well. I remember very well the day my brothers sat me down and asked me my thoughts on getting dad a present he will never forget. As a college student at the time, I had no income and they told me they were going to pay for it but it would be a gift equally from the three of us. As far as paying my end of the fees, they straight up told me not to ever worry about it and to never bring it up again. That is the kind of people I am fortunate to have in my family. Throughout the process, I have witnessed the emotions and the hardships of my family going through this. Jeff Blair was given probably more chances than he deserves to make this right. Unfortunately, it has come to this point. We do not want this to happen to anyone else. My family has done so much for hunting, and we all appreciate the support we have recieved throughout the process. We choose our battles in life wisely and will always stand up for what's right. Once again Jeff, Merry Christmas.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
"100% satisfied with the way this turned out?"

That piece of shit needs to be beat within an inch of his life.. I bet he wouldn't feel "there's nothing wrong with keeping his commission" then..

Scam SEVENTY THOUSAND DOLLARS from someone and nothing wrong with it?? What dimension of bat shit crazy is this guy living in?

I hope you find an angle in court and hammer him for all he owes ya'll and then some. Some folks need to be taught a lesson.

Posts: 2163 | Registered: 13 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Like I said before, it would not suprise me if Heathington never got a dime off of this. Definately sounds like Blair runs a take your money company, and not a hunting company.

Posts: 2826 | Location: Houston | Registered: 01 May 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I think we should create a special "Read this before booking a hunt" section and put this thread at the very top - forever.

Moderators?

Assuming he did get the money, I personally could care less right now if Heathington dies a long and painful death. Or Blair for that matter.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7570 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AnotherAZWriter:
I think we should create a special "Read this before booking a hunt" section and put this thread at the very top - forever.

Moderators?

Assuming he did get the money, I personally could care less right now if Heathington dies a long and painful death. Or Blair for that matter.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tom ferry:
quote:

Moderators?

I also would like to see this posted so that everyone who hits accuratereloading see it . It needs also to be on the africa forum so those people are warned too.

posted Hide Post
I too booked a Desert Sheep hunt with Heatington throught Blair World Wide. It was a cancellation hunt so was much less than 70,000 dollars. When it was cancelled I too was told by Blair that they had no responsibility as they were like a travel agent and if the flight was cancelled that you don't get your commission back. (Of course the airline eventually flies you to your destination) It is my understanding that there is at least one more sheep hunter and about 20 mule deer hunters that were scammed as well. I was also told last year about Heathingtons terminal condition and talked to a woman that was his "nurse" but she was not able to answer medical questions as to Heathingtons condition and treatment. I have also filed a lawsuit and was told by the attourney that the only money I could recover from Blair was the commission if we could prove Blair knew of the problem before I booked the hunt and that legal fees may exceed that which could be recovered. I do have a non contested judgment against Heathington. I am not sure if Heathington is actually sick, if so I am sorry for his illness but he has still scammed multiple people out of lots of money. I do think that Blair should in good faith at least refund their commision. I will make sure all my hunting friends don't book with Blair. I hope all that read this post will also avoid doing buisness with Blair!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Why don't we all change our signature lines? I added "Don't book with Jeff Blair"

If we ALL do it we could run this scumbag out of business

Posts: 7570 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
an awful lot of new members posting on this????????

Posts: 734 | Location: Quakertown, Pa. | Registered: 11 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
KWM777, and Huntfisher need to colaborate with their attornies and look at the dates corresponding to each of their hunt bookings. If Blair willingly sold a hunt knowing one had fallen through because of Heathington's terminal health issues, then a strong case could be made for fraud.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thread on Larry Heathington from 24 Hour Campfire:
http://www.24hourcampfire.com/...hington_AZ_Sheep_Gui

Posts: 1484 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 01 October 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of someoldguy
posted Hide Post
My sympathies to the family who was cheated out of such a large amount of money for the sake of their father. What a cruel, greedy, heartless scumbag this guy must be.
I hope one day he might be introduced to the "real world of incarceration", in addition to re-compensating the family in full, preferably with interest and damages.

Glenn

Posts: 942 | Location: Alabama | Registered: 16 July 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm too old for this but I think someone should break both of Blair's legs, maybe throwing in an arm or a few fingers for interest, and ask him, when he gets out of the hospital, if he is still satisfied because it can and will happen again unless EVERYONE is satisfied. It's absolutely outrageous that he can do this, apparently multiple times, and the law allows him to get away with it.

The only reason he's still walking around is that he is scamming people who have something to lose. I know a bus load of people in NE Texas that if you stole $700 from them and told them, "Welcome to the real world of hunting." they would instantly show you the real world of having your ass thoroughly beaten just for starters.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I can certainly understand the feeling. However, $70,000 isn't worth going to jail over. I would make his life miserable, legally.

Posts: 11902 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Guys,

I have an idea. We all chip and buy Google AdWords and buy the name Jeff Blair, worldwide hunting, etc.

If we do it right, when someone searches for Blair, we would have a link saying, "Read this before booking a hunt with Jeff Blair."

We could even create an entity outside of North America making it difficult for him to sue us.

Just an idea, but as you guys know, I hate it when someone screws someone else. I know I would be buying up the AdWords if I was the one on the short end of stick...

I'm not sure what this would cost, but I'll certainly chip in a $100 or so IF the injured parties are willing to disclose and allow their names to be used. If not, then they aren't real serious about it.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

one of us
posted Hide Post
BTW I'm not at all sure Heathington is dying or in a hospice, and, if he is, it might well be from cirrhosis due to drinking. As best as I can tell on a quick google search, there is only one hospice in Kingman but I could be wrong.

xxxxxxxxxx

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Blair Worldwide Hunting
2501 N 4th Street # 8
Flagstaff, AZ 86004-3700

Phone: (928) 779-2232

Is the booking agent business so unregulated that they can scam people repeatedly and stay in business? Most hunters don't take kindly to being scammed and I find it hard to believe this even goes on in the good ol' US of A.

I don't see ANY of LH's so-called buddies on 24hrcampfire sticking up for him despite being SO concerned for him when went missing(which sounds like a load of crap).

Posts: 2717 | Location: NH | Registered: 03 February 2009Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Hunt Fisher,

Safari Club International does indeed have a mechanism for such cases. I recommend you contact your local chapter or call Tucson @ 520-620-1220.

How does one gain entrance into your family?

Posts: 4 | Location: United States | Registered: 03 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal30 1906
posted Hide Post
quote:
$70,000 isn't worth going to jail over.

For that kind of money I would go to jail if I were in there shoes. Thats alot of hard earned cash in my book.

Just my opinion on the matter.

Cal30

If it cant be Grown it has to be Mined! Devoted member of Newmont mining company Underground Mine rescue team. Carlin East,Deep Star ,Leeville,Deep Post ,Chukar and now Exodus Where next? Pete Bajo to train newbies on long hole stoping and proper blasting techniques.
Back to Exodus mine again learning teaching and operating autonomous loaders in the underground. Bringing everyday life to most individuals 8' at a time!

Posts: 3063 | Location: Northern Nevada & Northern Idaho | Registered: 09 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Blair has ads on his site for Rifles Inc., Superior Ammunition, and Northern Outfitters (a clothing company).

He also lists his memberships as:

SCI
FNAWS
DSC
HSC
NRA
Professional Hunters Assoc of South Africa
Zimbabwe Safari Operators & PH's Assoc
International Professional Hunters Assoc
Boone and Corcket Club
Arizona Desert Bighorn Society

I would send each one of these organizations a link to this topic and ask if this type of person is representative of their organization.

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3498 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
All of the organizations listed are first class and are not in a position to comment on anyone's status without some due diligence. I don't doubt the story but this is the Internet. As posted earlier, SCI has specific procedures in place for this situation.

Posts: 4 | Location: United States | Registered: 03 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by toolelk:
All of the organizations listed are first class and are not in a position to comment on anyone's status without some due diligence. I don't doubt the story but this is the Internet. As posted earlier, SCI has specific procedures in place for this situation.

I agree, and by contacting them and letting them know what is being alleged they may be forced to perform due diligence.

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

One of Us
Picture of Steve Ahrenberg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lhook7:
quote:

I agree, and by contacting them and letting them know what is being alleged they may be forced to perform due diligence.

Hey Lee hope your well.

Get this, SCI now charges 500.00 to "open" an ethics investigation.

Steve

Formerly "Nganga"

Posts: 3310 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 26 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nganga:
quote:
Originally posted by Lhook7:
quote:

Hey Lee hope your well.

Get this, SCI now charges 500.00 to "open" an ethics investigation.

Steve

Hey Steve! All is well on Guam and business is great, the only down side is that I am too busy to go hunting. I hope all is well with you and your family.

$500 to file an ethics complaint???!!! Unreal... Roll Eyes

One of Us
Picture of Steve Ahrenberg
posted Hide Post
Lee,
SCI & Ethics............

Sort of like military intelligence, jumbo shrimp, etc.

All is well here, Lori is doing her 1st PG hunt in June with Alister. YIKES $$$$$$$$

Formerly "Nganga"

Posts: 3310 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 26 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Is the booking agent business so unregulated that they can scam people repeatedly and stay in business?

Yep. There was a company here in Texas called San Miguel Outfitters. I had known they were crooks for at least eight years before the law finaly caught up with them. I found it really amazing how good their salesmen were. I actually had friends tell me they were thinking about booking with them, and I would warn them not to, and the people would still book the hunt with them. I never once saw a single client get what they payed for with them, and word of mouth never did anything to hurt them. When they were taken down years later they were a bigger company than ever and were still growing. Eeker

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smarterthanu:
quote:
Is the booking agent business so unregulated that they can scam people repeatedly and stay in business?

Yep. There was a company here in Texas called San Miguel Outfitters. I had known they were crooks for at least eight years before the law finaly caught up with them. I found it really amazing how good their salesmen were. I actually had friends tell me they were thinking about booking with them, and I would warn them not to, and the people would still book the hunt with them. I never once saw a single client get what they payed for with them, and word of mouth never did anything to hurt them. When they were taken down years later they were a bigger company than ever and were still growing. Eeker

Well, the two guys and one woman that were king pins in this operation are Russell Selle and Cy Angeloz along with Cy's ahem...ex wife Olivia. They have rehung their shingle and are doing business under the name of Global Hunting Network. SORT OF REAL SIMILAR TO GLOBAL HUNTING RESOURCES, huh Aaron Neilson??

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Global Hunting Network

Cy Angelloz is one of the worlds most respected and trusted hunting consultants for more reasons than just his integrity and forthrightness.

Straight off his website.......amazing.

one of us
posted Hide Post
My cousin Ron, now deceased, who was a dedicated African hunter for many years warned me about Cy Angelloz nearly 20 years ago.

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

Which leads to CAVEAT EMPTOR.

I "worked" around gamblers and crooks for years in my earlier gambling days and it is amazing how much energy they will expend trying to cheat or steal someone else's hard earned cash when they could have made a good living if they'd used the same amount of effort in real work.

xxxxxxxxxx

one of us
posted Hide Post
PS: I wonder if the creditors were able to seize San Miguel Outfitters ranch near Uvalde? It looked like quite a set-up from pics on the web.

xxxxxxxxxx

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by smarterthanu:
quote:

Well, the two guys and one woman that were king pins in this operation are Russell Selle and Cy Angeloz along with Cy's ahem...ex wife Olivia. They have rehung their shingle and are doing business under the name of Global Hunting Network. SORT OF REAL SIMILAR TO GLOBAL HUNTING RESOURCES, huh Aaron Neilson??

Very similar, but I formed G.H.R. about 5 years ago, after the sale of my Colorado outfitting business. I was operating the agency/outfitting company under same name at the time, and when I sold it, I needed a new name for the agency. Thus, GHR.

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4884 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Question for you Aaron.....is it well known in your inside industry circles who the scammers are and who the good guys are?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The surprising thing to me is that they have been around a long time and are fairly well known. I would expect something like this from a part timer or someone that was new in the business.

Posts: 11902 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Aaron,

My point is I am sure they chose their "new" name to borrow off of the good name that you have.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Testing new tag line....

xxxxxxxxxx

one of us
posted Hide Post
Way to go Gato.

I will have to add some calendar reminders to bring this to the top once the activity level dies off...

one of us
posted Hide Post
Norton:

Put a [b} and a [/b} before and after what you want in bold. But use ] after the above and don't use the "}". I used the } so they would show up.

xxxxxxxxxx

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Gato.

Here's some more evidence from a different forum and his experience with Blair:

"i had a trip booked thru blairs to go to africa a few years ago.
all paid in full.
mother in law comes down with cancer.
it was eating her up quick, so about 3 months out, we canceled, (she died the week we would have been in namibia) we wanted to book another time, but blairs tells me they couldn't book the hunt i was supposed to go on, so i ended up buying the hunt and didn't go.

cut n dry, he said no money to be refunded.

so i lost out on it, and other money put out."

one of us
Picture of JBoutfishn
posted Hide Post
quote:
but blairs tells me they couldn't book the hunt i was supposed to go on, so i ended up buying the hunt and didn't go.

And the excuse from this low life was ??????????

Jim "Bwana Umfundi"
NRA

Posts: 3013 | Location: State Of Jefferson | Registered: 27 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This whole deal and the other thread on USO George puts a real damper on the guided hunt dreams of many I'm sure. I have a close friend who along with his father and brother have done the Ovis World Slam(I think 2 of them have completed it)......and all three of them have had some shitty things happen along the way with agents/guides, etc. I guess you have to take the good with the bad, and just hope you get more good than bad.