New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need Suggestions
 Login/Join

Administrator
posted Hide Post
I am going to say something which some might not appreciate, especially booking agents.

I get asked for advice for problem that seem to crop up quite frequently, because of an agent, outfitter or a PH has screwed up a hunt for a client.

I also get to hear about booking agents and outfitters not paying their PHs for months after the hunt, despite the fact that they have already collected the money from the client.

I give my advice for whatever it is worth, and keep things off the forum as requested.

In my mind, I wish others would go public with their problems as this gentleman has.

He is getting results far quicker than those who had kept it just between themselves.

I can see why Adam was not happy that this was brought up here. No one likes to see any negative publicity regarding themselves.

Adam seems to be trying his best to make the client happy. It certainly was not his fault that Wayne did not keep his promise, and is not man enough to refund the client the trophy fees for that baby elephant.

I would not hunt with Wayne, regardless of the cost.

I personally have a list of professional hunters, booking agents and outfitters that I would not deal with, and Wayne has just been added to that list.

This list is my own, and I will not give it to anyone.

Those who have been affected by bad performance of outfitters, booking agents and Phs, should speak up.

If they did, many others would not fall into this dilema, and booking agents, outfditters and PHs will think hard before doing something wrong and not caring about it.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67385 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of safari-lawyer
posted Hide Post
Getting your refund shouldn't be this hard.

The outfitter is willing to do the hunt at cost next year, so why can he not just return his profit from this years hunt so that he effectively does the hunt at cost this year? He's had the money a short time. Surely he's not blown it all already.

His cost is $12.5k and the hunt sells for $20.5k. That's $8k in margin. Also, Adam is willing to return his commission. $8k from the outfitter and the return of Adam's commission should get you to where you need to be on this deal IMO.

Or, Adam could refund the TF now and have a side deal with the outfitter that Adam keeps his commission PLUS the first $8k in deposits and payments on hunts sold for this outfitter on next year's quota.

What all of this SCREAMS to me is that ACST does not have enough confidence in this outfitter to take a financial position that relies, in whole or in part, on this outfitter's ability to deliver a hunt next season. It is as if no one wants to be the one left to deal with the outfitter because that person knows they are going to be left holding the (empty) bag. If it were not the case, there would be no good reason for ACST not to refund the money now and get reimbursed from deposits and payments on next year's hunts. Losing the interest on 10k for a few months is a minor item compared to the goodwill that a refund would generate for ACST. Someone must know or believe that this operation is flawed to the point that it cannot be relied upon to pay an $8k debt from its FY2012 operations. That says plenty to me.

My $.02.

Will J. Parks, III

Posts: 2989 | Location: Alabama USA | Registered: 09 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
and a damn good $.02 it is.... folks are simply not doing enough to make this mess come right. THERE IS SIMPLY NO EXCUSE FOR THIS MESS AND THE BAD PUBLICITY WILL ULTIMATELY COST THEM FAR MORE IN THE LONG RUN. people here have a long memory( ask llamapacker) AND THE NEGATIVE INFO COMING OUT WILL REVERBERATE FOR A LONG TIME

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13233 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JBoutfishn:
I need to book through an agent why Confused
So where possibly would All Gone be right now if he DIDnt book this hunt with Adam and went direct to the outfitter?? There are pros and cons of using agents and all are not the same and their use is not for everybody!!

A day spent in the bush is a day added to your life
Hunt Australia - Website
Hunt Australia - Facebook
Hunt Australia - TV

Posts: 4456 | Location: Australia | Registered: 23 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
I am going to say something which some might not appreciate, especially booking agents.

I get asked for advice for problem that seem to crop up quite frequently, because of an agent, outfitter or a PH has screwed up a hunt for a client.

I also get to hear about booking agents and outfitters not paying their PHs for months after the hunt, despite the fact that they have already collected the money from the client.

I give my advice for whatever it is worth, and keep things off the forum as requested.

In my mind, I wish others would go public with their problems as this gentleman has.

He is getting results far quicker than those who had kept it just between themselves.

I can see why Adam was not happy that this was brought up here. No one likes to see any negative publicity regarding themselves.

Adam seems to be trying his best to make the client happy. It certainly was not his fault that Wayne did not keep his promise, and is not man enough to refund the client the trophy fees for that baby elephant.

I personally have a list of professional hunters, booking agents and outfitters that I would not deal with, and Wayne has just been added to that list.

Those who have been affected by bad performance of outfitters, booking agents and Phs, should speak up.

If they did, many others would not fall into this dilema, and booking agents, outfditters and PHs will think hard before doing something wrong and not caring about it.

Saeed,

In all due respect you just asked others to share their negative experiences yet you are unwilling to share your black list.

Seems a double standard Sir.

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

Posts: 7610 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I stand to be corrected but Ag and others on this thread have recommended that the full $10k TF on the ele be refunded. I believe Ag mentioned this early on in this matter (but admit I have not gone back to verify this).

If this is the case, then what is being placed on the table by Adam, could supercedes the $10k refund being requested (Discounted hunt $8k + PH fees for 2012 hunt + commission on 2011 hunt + $5k discount towards a future hunt in Tz). So not sure why others are still demanding more when they have no dog in this fight! Or am I missing something?

"...Them, they were Giants!"
J.A. Hunter describing the early explorers and settlers of East Africa

hunting is not about the killing but about the chase of the hunt.... Ortega Y Gasset

Posts: 3034 | Location: Tanzania - The Land of Plenty | Registered: 19 September 2003Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Frostbit:
quote:

Saeed,

In all due respect you just asked others to share their negative experiences yet you are unwilling to share your black list.

Seems a double standard Sir.

Not double standard at all.

I personally have not had any bad experiences, otherwise I would not hesitate in sharing them with you.

I am not posting what others have told me and specifically wanted to be kept off the forum.

Posts: 67385 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jack D Bold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by safari-lawyer:
Getting your refund shouldn't be this hard....

My $.02.

It would be this hard when you are dealing with Adam Clements. If you recall, a while back a client of Mr. Clements had valuable items stolen from him an a "secure" camp. After many months of feet dragging and vitriol directed at the client, Mr. Clements finally settled for pennies on the dollar. The smart money says history will repeat itself. Sorry AG.

The bigger picture as I see it is the ethics of the operation. Mr Clements and his Wyoming based partner run the used car lot of African hunting. They are known to promote anything they can make a buck on. An illegal hunt in Moz pops to mind. Or hunts offered with NO personal experience with whom they are shilling for. Seen that too. Or selling from an internet broadcast then adding 20% for himself. Any of those hitting home Mark?

So when a hunt goes sideways, it is then easy to brush aside any responsibility. What are they to do but ring their hands, then hope the whole thing blows over?

No, if a hunt goes this defective, and it was arranged by the recommendation of a professional, I would expect the check book to be whipped out and this sad situation be made right - with no more delay to the client.

Jack Sissoyev,
Covina, CA

"You only gotta do one thing well to make it in this world" - J Joplin

Posts: 1129 | Registered: 10 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would like to let everyone know that i do not blame Adam for what happened with the ele. It was not his fault.

I do wish he would have been forthright with the deal he had with WD and about avoiding TL.

He wishes i would have called right away to let him know what was happening. I guess i should have. As we all know hind sight is 20/20.

I will gladly take 50% of the blame for this and hope Adam would take the other half. I believe thats fair.

Whats done is done and we can't have do overs so i would like to let it go and move on to things we can do something about.

At this time i have no desire to return to Africa for any kind of hunt, discounted or otherwise. I feel it's going to take awhile before i feel like getting back in the saddle if ever.

So unless someone comes up with a better plan it will either be a refund or nothing.

AG

NRA Benefactor Life Member
RMEF Life member
Pheasants Forever life member
National Trappers Assn. life member
WTA member
Boone and Crocket club member
Wild Sheep Foundation member

Posts: 124 | Location: WI | Registered: 31 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
At this time i have no desire to return to Africa for any kind of hunt, discounted or otherwise.

I am sorry about your experience. This is not what hunting Africa should be like or the feeling it gives you.

The only easy day is yesterday!

Posts: 2758 | Location: Northern Minnesota | Registered: 22 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jack D Bold:
quote:
Originally posted by safari-lawyer:
Getting your refund shouldn't be this hard....

My $.02.

It would be this hard when you are dealing with Adam Clements. If you recall, a while back a client of Mr. Clements had valuable items stolen from him an a "secure" camp. After many months of feet dragging and vitriol directed at the client, Mr. Clements finally settled for pennies on the dollar. The smart money says history will repeat itself. Sorry AG.

The bigger picture as I see it is the ethics of the operation. Mr Clements and his Wyoming based partner run the used car lot of African hunting. They are known to promote anything they can make a buck on. An illegal hunt in Moz pops to mind. Or hunts offered with NO personal experience with whom they are shilling for. Seen that too. Or selling from an internet broadcast then adding 20% for himself. Any of those hitting home Mark?

So when a hunt goes sideways, it is then easy to brush aside any responsibility. What are they to do but ring their hands, then hope the whole thing blows over?

No, if a hunt goes this defective, and it was arranged by the recommendation of a professional, I would expect the check book to be whipped out and this sad situation be made right - with no more delay to the client.

Jack Sissoyev,
Covina, CA

Jack,
Go back even further and read the story of the hunter who bought a hunt in the Lobo/Lokisale area at the time Adam started representing the owner of that area. Wendell Reich, who sometimes posts here, sold the hunt for the previous safari company. The hunter goes in and does not get the hunt he expected from a "premier area'. There were allegations made about the area and who was steering clients to which areas. It is on AR.

I prefer to deal with people that I know have been to the camp, to the area and have a long standing relationship with the safari outfit.

There are other agents on this site that fit that box.

Another thought - a "cheap" hunt, never is cheap. You always, always, always get what you pay for.

Posts: 265 | Location: Hammertown, USA | Registered: 13 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by All Gone:
I talked with Adam yesterday and we had a good 45 min. discussion. Then he e-mailed me what he and Wayne were willing to do along with a few remarks that i still need to discuss with him.
This is the break down of what they offered.

All the money has been paid to Wayne, including the trophy fees.

Wayne has offered no refund period, but has offered me another 10 day ele hunt for 12,500
all inclusive, which normal price would be 20,500. Adam said that he would provide one of his PH's if i was not comfortable hunting with
Wayne. Wayne told Adam that he wanted to contact me himself. For what i do not know yet. I am still waiting for Wayne to contact me.

Adam is going to refund me his commission. And is going to go above and beyond and credit me 5000 towards any hunt in Tanzania with his companies there.

Adam is not happy with me for bringing this to AR. I can not blame him for that. But i didn't know where else i could go to find out what to do in this situation.

I still have many questions, the main one being if Adam really was trying to get me a refund why did he send Wayne the 10,000 then ask for it back. I guess you can come to your own conclusion on that one.

Richard

Please do not mistake anything I say as an excuse for the PH allowing this els to be killed. I have read this entire thread and the lynch mob has zeroed in on all the parties. One question I do have is how much did you originally pay for the 14 day ele, buf and leopard hunt in the first place? Again the ele was wrong but something you don't need experience in africa to know is you get what you pay for. When you go cheap and then expect the agent to find a hunt priced to fit your budget YOU have just increased the odds of mistakes like this.

You named the agent and that is fine but my opinion, you fed the lynch mob at a time when he was in another continent with coms difficulties. No sooner than you had a private conversation with the agent aimed at finding a fair solution you posted every detail here. I am wondering if your new found celebrity is more important than sorting the problem man to man. You say above "you really didn't know what to do so you posted here" and again that is not only fine and what this site is for but just a suggestion, give a guy a chance to make it right before you hammer them. I am willing to bet you will ultimately get it all resolved in a manner fair to all but again just my opinion, you have crapped on the booking agent and really haven't given them a chance to make it right.

Kalahari Lion (Bots 07)

Posts: 101 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 03 October 2010Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DawnRoar:
quote:
I talked with Adam yesterday and we had a good 45 min. discussion. Then he e-mailed me what he and Wayne were willing to do along with a few remarks that i still need to discuss with him.

Wayne has offered no refund period, but has offered me another 10 day ele hunt for 12,500
all inclusive, which normal price would be 20,500. Adam said that he would provide one of his PH's if i was not comfortable hunting with
Wayne. Wayne told Adam that he wanted to contact me himself. For what i do not know yet. I am still waiting for Wayne to contact me.

Adam is going to refund me his commission. And is going to go above and beyond and credit me 5000 towards any hunt in Tanzania with his companies there.

Adam is not happy with me for bringing this to AR. I can not blame him for that. But i didn't know where else i could go to find out what to do in this situation.

I still have many questions, the main one being if Adam really was trying to get me a refund why did he send Wayne the 10,000 then ask for it back. I guess you can come to your own conclusion on that one.

Richard

Please do not mistake anything I say as an excuse for the PH allowing this els to be killed. I have read this entire thread and the lynch mob has zeroed in on all the parties. One question I do have is how much did you originally pay for the 14 day ele, buf and leopard hunt in the first place? Again the ele was wrong but something you don't need experience in africa to know is you get what you pay for. When you go cheap and then expect the agent to find a hunt priced to fit your budget YOU have just increased the odds of mistakes like this.

You named the agent and that is fine but my opinion, you fed the lynch mob at a time when he was in another continent with coms difficulties. No sooner than you had a private conversation with the agent aimed at finding a fair solution you posted every detail here. I am wondering if your new found celebrity is more important than sorting the problem man to man. You say above "you really didn't know what to do so you posted here" and again that is not only fine and what this site is for but just a suggestion, give a guy a chance to make it right before you hammer them. I am willing to bet you will ultimately get it all resolved in a manner fair to all but again just my opinion, you have crapped on the booking agent and really haven't given them a chance to make it right.

I think he was absolutely right to post his problem here.

Many others kept quiet and got the run-around by the booking agents.

Things do go wrong sometimes. It is the way they are sorted out that matters.

Also, I tend to be very careful of any booking agent that gets more than one complaint.

One of Us
posted Hide Post

You named the agent and that is fine but my opinion, you fed the lynch mob at a time when he was in another continent with coms difficulties. No sooner than you had a private conversation with the agent aimed at finding a fair solution you posted every detail here. I am wondering if your new found celebrity is more important than sorting the problem man to man. You say above "you really didn't know what to do so you posted here" and again that is not only fine and what this site is for but just a suggestion, give a guy a chance to make it right before you hammer them. I am willing to bet you will ultimately get it all resolved in a manner fair to all but again just my opinion, you have crapped on the booking agent and really haven't given them a chance to make it right.[/QUOTE]

Oh, I think Adam has had plenty of chances to make it right and still chooses not to. He made a step in the right direction by offering to refund his commission but not refunding the TF, just credit on another hunt that AG is not interested in taking. This thread would not be here if ACST would have stepped up from the beginning. AG did the right thing by bringing on AR because he wasn't getting anywhere with Adam. I don't know if you've been to Europe in the last ten years but Scotland is fully integrated into the world telecom and Internet system.

As for where AG would stand if he has not used an agent? Exactly where he is now. With no refund for the elephant.

one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by txlonghorn:
AG did the right thing by bringing on AR because he wasn't getting anywhere with Adam.

txlonghorn is right. Dawnroar, do you really think Adam was going to do anything if AG had not brought his complaints public? Give me a break, Adam had already sent AG's funds overseas! And he said that he was "working on a resolution".......

It really looks like Adam was telling AG one thing and doing another.

I hate to sling mud at Adam, but any booking agent who pays the trophy fee on a baby elephant like that....

Jason

"You're not hard-core, unless you live hard-core."

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 6836 | Location: Nome, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
As a booking agent, I got a PM from a party which will remain unnamed that thought I of all people should have waited till Adam had responded with "the other side" of the story before I posted my thoughts. Probably correct. I think Mark took some unwarranted heat here as it was not his client, but he stepped in where he could until Adam was able to respond. I hate to see our hunter put off Africa because of this. If he could get Brian V B or Wayne C as a PH he will have a great safari. There are indeed always two sides to any story. I maintain my thoughts on the outfitter and PH, but I think and hope that Adam can force a fair resolution to this matter.

Dave Fulson

Posts: 1467 | Registered: 20 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwanna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Bwana,

If I could hunt elephant for 10 days all in with Brain Van Blerk or Wayne Clark for $12,500 I'd be all over it. All Gone does not even need to see Wayne Dietrichson. What All Gone didn't say is that this is the price Forestry charges for the hunt and Adam would be paying the PH's daily fees out of pocket for the hunt.

Mark

Mark, I specifically didn't say anything about Adam. I can imagine though that any hunt that takes place as a replacement from Wayne D would have to occur on Wayne's concession. I wouldn't be anywhere near that man again, if I were in this situation.
That being said, it does appear that Adam is trying to do right here, and that is commendable. I assume Adam will, in the future, refuse to book for Wayne D.

In total fairness though, I have to say, the leopard and bushbuck that were taken are tremendous.

Posts: 1667 | Location: Las Vegas, Nevada | Registered: 12 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have been reading this for several days and would like to make a few comments

Many have criticized AG for shooting and said he should not shoot. Well I suspect there are many hunters who are not good at judging trophy quality of an animal they have never before hunted. This is where the term professional come into play when attached to hunter. If the Ph is a Professional he should not be telling someone to shoot a calf. If I am paying for a ph I am paying for someone who has the experience to give me good information on trophy quality.

Booking agents should be representing the client and protecting the client otherwise what use are they. I you book a client with a crook then you need to step up to the plate and make it right.

I am glad that this was posted as this will help me make better informed choices in the future and anyone who has had a bad experience like this should also make others aware.

Posts: 149 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 02 September 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
AG, man I feel for you and really hate that it has turned you off of Africa. I had the very same thing happen to me on my first Brown Bear hunt to Russia. It was my first DG hunt and obviously my first experience with Bears. Add that to guides speaking Russian, of which I know absolutely none and it was a recipe for disaster. Ended up shooting a small Bear just under 7 feet! Och! Had never seen a Brownie before and it was in tall grass. How the hell does a new guy prevent this type of mistake when the PH or Guide is adamantly telling you to shoot?

The thing I would like to encourage you on however is that regardless how this plays out, please don't give up on Africa and other adventure hunts. I've made quite a few trips since that one and the remainder have been great. That includes a return trip with the same outfitter to the same camp 2 years later which produced a 9'+ boar. I'm not recommending you take him up on the offer to return, just pointing out that mistakes happen and if corrected properly, can help erase the bitterness of a bad hunt.

I wouldn't worry about Adam being unhappy about bringing this out on AR. It really doesn't matter how reputable or above board one is, if engaged in business activity long enough, at some point, a deal is going to go bad. How the person, or company, handles that situation is what will either reinforce or destroy the reputation. If Adam handles this correctly, his reputation will be enhanced; if not ... well...

Hopefully, this will get straightened out properly. Try not to give up on Africa. You got a really bad PH on this one. The vast majority are awesome. I hope you'll give it another try in time. Best of luck to you.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very well put Todd.

Dave Fulson

Posts: 1467 | Registered: 20 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of David Hulme
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dave Fulson:
Very well put Todd.

tu2 Yes, well said Todd, sound reasoning and advice

Posts: 2270 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 28 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
I wouldn't worry about Adam being unhappy about bringing this out on AR. It really doesn't matter how reputable or above board one is, if engaged in business activity long enough, at some point, a deal is going to go bad. How the person, or company, handles that situation is what will either reinforce or destroy the reputation. If Adam handles this correctly, his reputation will be enhanced; if not ... well...

tu2

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36839 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of PSmith
posted Hide Post
All Gone, to sort of follow up on what Todd Williams just said...

I have been reading AR since 2005 or 2006, and I know lots of people through Safari Club. In all that time your story was easily the worst experience I've ever heard or read about, no offense intended.

My point is, what happened to you on your hunt is really extremely unusual. Very much so.

Don't give up on Africa! Your next hunt could be the greatest hunting experience of your life, and heck now you are a veteran!

Did you ever see that movie, 'The World According to Garp'? While the guy and his family are looking at a house to buy, a Cessna-type airplane crashes into the house. Garp says to the realtor "We'll take it!" and tells his wife that they will be safe in that house because the chances of another airplane crashing into are very small.

The chances that you will have a great safari next time far, far outweigh the chances of having a second bad one. Most PHs are hard working good guys.

Go to SCI/Vegas or DSC and talk to guys. continue asking questions on AR. Then book a hunt with a well-known and successful outfitter.

And take that leopard hunt luck back to Africa with you.

Paul Smith
SCI Life Member
NRA Life Member
DSC Member
Life Member of the "I Can't Wait to Get Back to Africa" Club
DRSS
I had the privilege to fire E. Hemingway's WR .577NE, E. Keith's WR .470NE, & F. Jamieson's WJJ .500 Jeffery
I strongly recommend avoidance of "The Zambezi Safari & Travel Co., Ltd." and "Pisces Sportfishing-Cabo San Lucas"

"A failed policy of national defense is its own punishment" Otto von Bismarck

Posts: 2545 | Location: The 'Ham | Registered: 25 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of KPete
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have read this entire thread and the lynch mob has zeroed in on all the parties. One question I do have is how much did you originally pay for the 14 day ele, buf and leopard hunt in the first place? Again the ele was wrong but something you don't need experience in africa to know is you get what you pay for. When you go cheap and then expect the agent to find a hunt priced to fit your budget YOU have just increased the odds of mistakes like this.

In an otherwise reasonable, if passionate, discussion regarding some fairly indisputable circumstances, your entire post stands out as being pernicious and deliberately misleading.

First, you obviously didn't read "this entire thread" or you would have seen that All Gone posted the following in his second post, "I sent the agent $40,000. $30.000 of it was for the hunt and trophy fees for the animals that i wanted. The rest was prebaiting/bait animals, tip for PH and any other trophys that were taken. I wanted to make sure that everyone involved knew that the money was there and that i was good for what ever i killed.

Insinuating that All Gone's misfortunes were due to his having gone "cheap" is not only unfair but it is belied by the facts.

quote:
You named the agent and that is fine but my opinion, you fed the lynch mob at a time when he was in another continent with coms difficulties. No sooner than you had a private conversation with the agent aimed at finding a fair solution you posted every detail here. I am wondering if your new found celebrity is more important than sorting the problem man to man.

Your schizophrenic post on the one hand acknowledges All Gone's right to post his experience and on the other bash's him for doing so. Feeding a lynch mob? He posted his version of his hunt; nowhere did I see what appears to be adornment or 'gilding the lily' in anything he wrote. And inasmuch as he rightly went public with this situation, isn't he obligated to report the conversations he's having with the agent so as to maintain fairness and objectivity? I would think his failure to report such conversations would be wrong by virtue of his not showing the efforts of the agent.

And to baldly assert that All Gone is trying to generate celebrity status at the expense of resolving this issue is not only mean spirited but, quite frankly, dumb. Everything he has written appears to be focused on simply receiving a refund for a trophy elephant that was never delivered, not becoming a hero to the AR masses.

quote:
You say above "you really didn't know what to do so you posted here" and again that is not only fine and what this site is for but just a suggestion, give a guy a chance to make it right before you hammer them. I am willing to bet you will ultimately get it all resolved in a manner fair to all but again just my opinion, you have crapped on the booking agent and really haven't given them a chance to make it right.

There you go again, encouraging him to write about his experience, but not wanting him to say anything. I can't find evidence of All Gone "hammering" anyone. However, it's clear that posting details of what he felt were breaches of ethics and professionalism, in your mind, constitutes "crapping" on and "hammering" the booking agent. In my mind, the booking agent should have kept All Gone's trophy fees in escrow until the hunt was over and an accounting of trophies, etc. - with both the client and the contracting PH - had been accomplished. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that one of the fundamental benefits of having an agent in the first place?

As others have said, I hope in the future All Gone links up with one of the many great hunting outfits in Africa. There're reasons you don't hear about this kind of travesty from the likes of Charlton McCallum Safaris, Mark De Wet Safaris, Chifuti Safaris, Robin Hurt Safaris, and others: Integrity trumping profit is one of them.

Kim

Merkel Double .470 NE
Whitworth Express .375 H&H
Griffin & Howe .275 Rigby
Winchester M70 (pre-64) .30-06 & .270

"Cogito ergo venor" René Descartes on African Safari

One of Us
Picture of Jack D Bold
posted Hide Post
Kim,

One of the best thought out posts, ever.

thank you.

"You only gotta do one thing well to make it in this world" - J Joplin

Posts: 1129 | Registered: 10 September 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fujotupu:
All Gone:

""I could tell it was a bull but could not get a good look at it because he was standing behind a small group of trees"".

If I was going to expedite a 300gr bullet valued at $10,000 I would make sure it was money well spent before squeezing off the shot.

Not saying you shot the wrong elephant but shooting something you were not sure of also holds you culpable to some degree.
You had a side brain shot which therefore also gives you a picture of the head and tusks (at least one anyway); part of the body must also have been visible, all of which would have given a clear indication of what you were shooting at.

Distance at which this elephant was shot was not mentioned in your report.

Had I been a newbie on an African safari (and I'm sure most everyone out there would have done the same) I would have looked at as many DG hunt reports and seen what a trophy elephant, buffalo, 6+ year old Lion Big Grin looks like, knowing what to expect once I got there and being in a position to question the PH if I thought it didn't make the grade.

Fujo:

When you said, "Shoot it" I did. The results did not disappoint.

I disagree here; you pay the PH to size stuff up correctly.

This does remind me after I shot that ele with you I went to the skinning shed and saw the two small tusks Dan and Paddy picked up from a poached ele. I asked the guys in the skinning area if that ele was mine; they said it was. I gulped hard and thought WTF?? They sure looked bigger when he was alive...

Even more ridiculous (why is that word so hard to spell correctly on AR?) is the fact those dinky tusks look huge when compared to AG's tusks.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7573 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
AG:

I really feel bad for you; this must be a total nightmare.

If you ever go back to Africa, I would certainly vet the outfitter here on AR. There are guys who have a ton of experience, and unlike some booking agents, pay full price for the hunts they are on.

I once shot a 26 inch buffalo that was soft because my PH said to shoot it, having never seen it from the front. I didn't know any better. When it comes to hunting in Africa, the skillset of the PH is the most important determinant of success. The physical effort and shooting are the easy parts.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7573 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
quote:

tu2

+1

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

Rhyme of the Sheep Hunter
May fordings never be too deep, And alders not too thick; May rock slides never be too steep And ridges not too slick.
And may your bullets shoot as swell As Fred Bear's arrow's flew; And may your nose work just as well As Jack O'Connor's too.
May winds be never at your tail When stalking down the steep; May bears be never on your trail When packing out your sheep.
May the hundred pounds upon you Not make you break or trip; And may the plane in which you flew Await you at the strip.
-Seth Peterson

Posts: 4551 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 21 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MikeBurke
posted Hide Post
All Gone,

Congratulations on the good aspects of your hunt. That is a wonderful leopard and bushbuck. Nice kudu also. Hopefully as time goes on you will remember the good times of your hunt.

I think it is admirable on your part to ask for only half the trophy fee for the elepant to be returned. "let Adam know how unhappy i was as soon as i got home and told him that i thought i should get half the ele trophy fee refunded." Wayne should refund 100% of that trophy fee. There is no excuse for what happened.

It is good to see Adam refund his commission. "Adam is going to refund me his commission. And is going to go above and beyond and credit me 5000 towards any hunt in Tanzania with his companies there." If you decide to go to Tanzania, Adam hunts some good blocks and has some outstanding PH's working for him in Tanzania. I hunted LU5 with Adam for my first safari and enjoyed every minute of it.

Tim should have his licensed suspended for at least three years for this fiasco. Wayne should take his 14 days of PH pay along with any tip money and refund it to you as part of the trophy fee credit.

Had Adam not sent the money and Wayne "banked" it as required you probably would have never seen any of your trophies. Unfortunately that is the leverage he has. I hope Adam is able force Wayne to do the right thing.

One other thing. I like Mark and Adam. I have hunted three countries with them without a hitch. To characterize them as used car salesman is a little unfair. Adam has his own areas in Tanzania that are very good with top notch PH's. They also rep Mokore in Zim and Moz who I feel are one of the best companies around. But that is not to say they are perfect.

Good luck in the final resolution and good luck on future trips to Africa!!

one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brett Adam Barringer:
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
quote:

tu2

+1

Brett

X2 or 3 or whatever. The way the PH, outfitter, booking agent, etc. respond when things go wrong tells a lot about them.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Richard

Also, I tend to be very careful of any booking agent that gets more than one complaint.

Saeed, as you will see below there are great risks to opening up this forum to trial by Internet and its evils. Make no mistake about it that is exactly what this thread is, a trial by Internet with Adam’s reputation being bantered around carelessly by people who have nothing better to do than sit behind keyboards and play Internet bully, jury and judge. I truly do not think that is what you want this place to deteriorate to so be careful about encouraging people to use your site for claims that are not meritorious. There are some here (thankfully most) who I have a lot of respect for who have urged patience and letting Adam have a chance to resolve it and to you just read on and enjoy.

The poster some of you have chosen to coddle and protect has told his side and shown a picture. The hanging judges here based on his story and a picture apparently need no more than what they are told and a picture to convict all, including Adam. Yes the picture is solid proof that the PH under no circumstances should have allowed the hunter to kill it and shame on him for what happened. Wayne should fire him. Cased closed and complete agreement from all on the issue.

BUT before you are so quick to judge Adam who wasn’t there do you think it is relevant that this hunter shot, wounded and lost a buffalo, bribed the game guard, hid it from Wayne who found out and then sprung it on Adam when he tried to do a deal on the Ele? I guess the PH “made” him shoot that buff as well and made him bribe the game guard and keep it secret from Adam and Wayne. What I find most disturbing is not only does he conveniently leave these facts out of both his hunting report and this thread but also he doesn’t even tell you got his 3k trophy fee back for the buff he drew blood on as part of the dealings to date.

How easy do you think it was trying to deal with getting the money back for the elephant and learn for the first time he wounded a buff and that was handled in a dark manner? Frankly what is on the table is more than fair IMHO for this supposed hunter who is willing to claim high ground against others while hiding his buff mistake. To make matters worse he came here looking for sympathy right when Adam was close to getting him his money back from Wayne but his half assed truth telling pissed Wayne off( he saw it here) and he shut it down. How smart does that make him when he was told to be patient and let Adam do his thing before he came on to AR? Also don’t forget the very people he has burned are the same ones he hopes to get his trophies back from using Adam. Point being there is a time and a place for this to be resolved and he has shown poor judgment on both counts.
Make no mistake the PH of all the parties needs to be fired and Wayne in my opinion should try to help make this as right as he feels he needs but this so called hunter has unclean hands. He has by omission in effect lied to Adam, Wayne and to all of us here.

This guy also forgot to tell you that he received an email pre-hunt from Wayne advising him of the PH switch and never took the one or two seconds it takes to forward it to Adam so he could have done something before the hunt. Adam did not learn of the PH swap until after the hunt and frankly it was too late. He is flat out lying about his contact with Adam and emails show all were returned and records will show 3-4 phone calls a week trying to help. With the exception of some international coms delay the communication with Adam is above and beyond what is called for.

This last part I can neither confirm or deny and only the hunter and the PH know the truth but the PH’s version is the hunter (I use that word loosely) was pissed off about the buff and it was while they were unsuccessfully tracking it the hunter got very angry and “wanted to kill something” and wanted to kill the ele. I frankly don’t think much of either and don’t believe either but it illustrates there are two stories

Saeed, with respect I ask you to reconsider whether you want this to be the place where reputations can be harmed by some first time poster who tells half the truth.
I think there are some really nice folks who are very knowledgeable who just won’t come here because of the free wheeling opinionated haters here and those are the losses you chose to take when you let stuff like this happen.

And to those of you who called me out after my first post…….naw it ain’t worth it.

And to you "all gone", please keep your promise to not return to Africa

Kalahari Lion (Bots 07)

Posts: 101 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 03 October 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Saeed, as you will see below there are great risks to opening up this forum to trial by Internet and its evils. Make no mistake about it that is exactly what this thread is, a trial by Internet with Adam’s reputation being bantered around carelessly by people who have nothing better to do than sit behind keyboards and play Internet bully, jury and judge. I truly do not think that is what you want this place to deteriorate to so be careful about encouraging people to use your site for claims that are not meritorious. There are some here (thankfully most) who I have a lot of respect for who have urged patience and letting Adam have a chance to resolve it and to you just read on and enjoy.

The poster some of you have chosen to coddle and protect has told his side and shown a picture. The hanging judges here based on his story and a picture apparently need no more than what they are told and a picture to convict all, including Adam. Yes the picture is solid proof that the PH under no circumstances should have allowed the hunter to kill it and shame on him for what happened. Wayne should fire him. Cased closed and complete agreement from all on the issue.

BUT before you are so quick to judge Adam who wasn’t there do you think it is relevant that this hunter shot, wounded and lost a buffalo, bribed the game guard, hid it from Wayne who found out and then sprung it on Adam when he tried to do a deal on the Ele? I guess the PH “made” him shoot that buff as well and made him bribe the game guard and keep it secret from Adam and Wayne. What I find most disturbing is not only does he conveniently leave these facts out of both his hunting report and this thread but also he doesn’t even tell you got his 3k trophy fee back for the buff he drew blood on as part of the dealings to date.

How easy do you think it was trying to deal with getting the money back for the elephant and learn for the first time he wounded a buff and that was handled in a dark manner? Frankly what is on the table is more than fair IMHO for this supposed hunter who is willing to claim high ground against others while hiding his buff mistake. To make matters worse he came here looking for sympathy right when Adam was close to getting him his money back from Wayne but his half assed truth telling pissed Wayne off( he saw it here) and he shut it down. How smart does that make him when he was told to be patient and let Adam do his thing before he came on to AR? Also don’t forget the very people he has burned are the same ones he hopes to get his trophies back from using Adam.
Make no mistake the PH of all the parties needs to be fired and Wayne in my opinion should try to help make this as right as he feels he needs but this so called hunter has unclean hands. He has by omission in effect lied to Adam, Wayne and to all of us here.

This guy also forgot to tell you that he received an email pre-hunt from Wayne advising him of the PH switch and never took the one or two seconds it takes to forward it to Adam so he could have done something before the hunt. Adam did not learn of the PH swap until after the hunt and frankly it was too late. He is flat out lying about his contact with Adam and emails show all were returned and records will show 3-4 phone calls a week trying to help. With the exception of some international coms delay the communication with Adam is above and beyond what is called for.

This last part I can neither confirm or deny and only the hunter and the PH know the truth but the PH’s version is the hunter (I use that word loosely) was pissed off about the buff and it was while they were unsuccessfully tracking it the hunter got very angry and “wanted to kill something” and wanted to kill the ele. I frankly don’t think much of either and don’t believe either but it illustrates there are two stories

Saeed, with respect I ask you to reconsider whether you want this to be the place where reputations can be harmed by some first time poster who tells half the truth.
I think there are some really nice folks who are very knowledgeable who just won’t come here because of the free wheeling opinionated haters here and those are the losses you chose to take when you let stuff like this happen.

And to those of you who called me out after my first post…….naw it ain’t worth it.

Wow?

Posts: 444 | Location: Hudson Valley | Registered: 07 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Richard

How easy do you think it was trying to deal with getting the money back for the elephant and learn for the first time he wounded a buff and that was handled in a dark manner? Frankly what is on the table is more than fair IMHO for this supposed hunter who is willing to claim high ground against others while hiding his buff mistake. To make matters worse he came here looking for sympathy right when Adam was close to getting him his money back from Wayne but his half assed truth telling pissed Wayne off( he saw it here) and he shut it down. How smart does that make him when he was told to be patient and let Adam do his thing before he came on to AR? Also don’t forget the very people he has burned are the same ones he hopes to get his trophies back from using Adam. Point being there is a time and a place for this to be resolved and he has shown poor judgment on both counts.

I'm curious. You know all this how?

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Richard

The internet where all truth is found wave

Kalahari Lion (Bots 07)

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Seems everyone has a good internet connection and communications become easy when there is more than just one hunters money at stake....

Posts: 444 | Location: Hudson Valley | Registered: 07 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Richard

The internet where all truth is found wave

Nice vague answer. I take it you made it up then.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Richard

And to you "all gone", please keep your promise to not return to Africa

You seem to forget one very simple fact.

I have absolutely nothing to do with this fiasco.

My only involvement is having an open forum where hunters and those in the business of hunting can discuss their hunts.

So it is OK if one has a great hunt, and posts a great hunt report praising the booking agent, outfitter and PH he had the pleasure of hunting with, so all of them can enjoy the great publicity and free advertising they get.

But, when one of those booking agents, outfitters, PHs or client, screws things up, no one is supposed to tell us about it?

I don't buy it.

If you look at our home page, our aim is to share our experiences with fellow hunters. Whether they are clients or those running a business in hunting.

Regardless if these experiences are good or bad.

This is the only way to make sure that those who do a good job get the credit they deserve.

And those who do not deliver what they had promised, and been paid for, fall short of their promise should be given the benefit of making good on their promise, or face a public outcry with whatever that might entail of them loosing business.

One of Us
Picture of KPete
posted Hide Post
Dawn Roar:

It strikes me as curious that, while All Gone has posted his version of events, none of what you are alleging has been mentioned by either Jimba Safaris or Adam Clements Safari Trackers. Indeed, instead of the other principals to this story presenting these shocking allegations personally, you appear on the scene as one or the other's 'proxy', we have to presume.

This is disturbing in that by having a proxy attacking All Gone's veracity, your masters - whomever they may be - keep their hands clean here on AR and, of course, should any of this reach the courts. Personally, I don't believe that Adam would have a hand in what you're doing, so my guess is that you are shilling for Jimba Safaris and Tim Lamprecht.

If that is the case, what does it say about them that they are unwilling to make these extraordinary charges - one of them criminal no less - themselves? Is this their attempt at intimidation? If someone goes after them, they'll sully the accuser's reputation with sordid allegations from anonymous third parties like you? Despicable.

Without providing sources for your allegations, that is a logical way to interpret your most recent post.

Kim

Merkel Double .470 NE
Whitworth Express .375 H&H
Griffin & Howe .275 Rigby
Winchester M70 (pre-64) .30-06 & .270

"Cogito ergo venor" René Descartes on African Safari

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
BUT before you are so quick to judge Adam who wasn’t there do you think it is relevant that this hunter shot, wounded and lost a buffalo, bribed the game guard, hid it from Wayne who found out and then sprung it on Adam when he tried to do a deal on the Ele?

This is a very strange excuse if there ever was one.

Where was his PH when this happened?
Does Wayne run such a shoddy operation, which does not only change the PH for the client, but allows the client to hunt on his own?

Which as far as I know is totally illegal!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
BUT before you are so quick to judge Adam who wasn’t there do you think it is relevant that this hunter shot, wounded and lost a buffalo, bribed the game guard, hid it from Wayne who found out and then sprung it on Adam when he tried to do a deal on the Ele?

This is a very strange excuse if there ever was one.

Where was his PH when this happened?
Does Wayne run such a shoddy operation, which does not only change the PH for the client, but allows the client to hunt on his own?

Which as far as I know is totally illegal!

Client must have gone out with the Game Scout while PH was taking his afternoon snooze. Wink