HEIN CONTACT?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flaco:
Yikes!

It's a tragedy.

jorge's on his way to Africa to kill animals, and his new rifle won't be here on time.

Is he gonna have to shoot some generic rifle?

Okay, it's true, it's true.

Mainly, jorge has a couple of safes full of rifles, but, well, it was his dream, his dream, to shoot these brand new custom rifles that nobody has or can afford on his dream safari to Africa.

He wants to stand in Hemmingway's shoes.

I've been avoiding this thread--I know nothing about Hein--but I am here to tell you jorge doesn't really want his Hein action for a Safari, what he wants is to be a novelist.

Most recently, we've been blessed with some rich prose about shooting his Ruger.

Delightful!

I'm sorry.

I'm not at all certain about the need to go to Africa and kill animals.

I can understand the desire.

But I am here to tell you that if you're bent on Safari, any gun will do.

I'm a fourth generation California native. Which means my ancestors crossed the Plains in '49. When my grandmother taught me to catch trout in those gin clear Sierra streams, she let me know that there was more to fishing than catching fish.

It certainly wasn't about gear.

And it wasn't about catching.

In contemporary terms, it was about process.

Sneakin' up on those trout.

In fly fishing terms, the delicacy of presentation.

Just being there, being able to identify the species around, and an appreciation of natural beauty.

In my world, a hunter will take whatever rifle comes to hand. It doesn't have to be a Griffin and Howe.

He hunts for the pure pleasure of it. With an appreciation for nature and whatever limited time he's able to spend in natural surroundings.

A trophy is nice, but..., well, important mainly for rich Americans.

I am an absolute sycophant of Duane Wiebe and his rifles, but have to think that way too many of our contributors want to make a made for TV movie out of their Safaris.

In my view, killing an animal is best kept between you and your guide and the animal.

Keep it to yourself, like religion.

If you feel the need to make a novel--or a non-fiction story of your safari--it's not about hunting, it's about you.

I love beautiful rifles, and have spent way too much time trying learn to make them.

I'd like to see more of this on our Gunsmithing forum.

I am way too tired of hearing from clients who don't want to wait for a custom rifle.

Because, as I've suggested, a real hunter will take whatever rifle comes to hand.

Because it's about hunting. Not about whichever rifle you're hunting with.

flaco

What a load of unrelated bullshit that was!

Posts: 952 | Location: Mass | Registered: 14 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Grenadier,

That is an outstanding post!!!!!!

One of Us
Picture of Heat
posted Hide Post
Flaco, perhaps you are not aware that military personnel aren't exactly of the "affluent" crowd. My father was of the same metal as Jorge, though he was an Air Force fighter pilot, not a Naval aviator, but was also a senior officer. I didn't have a rough upbringing but we didn't drive around in BMWs or Mercedes either. Yes, it would have been a stretch for my father to purchase a custom rifle much less an African safari although he could have. It is all in what is in a budget that one sets for oneself for a once in a lifetime "dream" safari. Let Jorge have his dream and you can have yours as I doubt anybody here will question your dream Wink.

Ken....

"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant, but that they know so much that isn't so. " - Ronald Reagan

Posts: 5386 | Location: Phoenix Arizona | Registered: 16 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
flaco, you need to change your name to flake. Let me tell you a few things about Jorge. Some time ago I remodeled a rifle he had purchased. It was a fun project but while I was working on it he was on an aircraft carrier commanding a number of airmen who were fighting terrorists. Another time I was redoing a stock of his for his model 70 and that was at Christmas and he spent it away from his family again making the world a better place. I do not know how many guns he has in his safe but I do know he has a few that my hands have touched and I am proud to be of a very small service to him, at a time when he was doing a great service to the United States. As far as I am concerned, he is as fine a person who has ever set foot on this land of ours and you are not even in a class to lick his boots.

If he did want to be a novelist, I would stand in line to buy his books.

Now go and take a few more shots of whiskey or whatever makes you a big man but do not malign Jorge. You do not have the credentials.

Chic Worthing
"Life is Too Short To Hunt With An Ugly Gun"
http://webpages.charter.net/cworthing/

Posts: 4917 | Location: Wenatchee, WA, USA | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Customstox:
flaco, you need to change your name to flake. Let me tell you a few things about Jorge. Some time ago I remodeled a rifle he had purchased. It was a fun project but while I was working on it he was on an aircraft carrier commanding a number of airmen who were fighting terrorists. Another time I was redoing a stock of his for his model 70 and that was at Christmas and he spent it away from his family again making the world a better place. I do not know how many guns he has in his safe but I do know he has a few that my hands have touched and I am proud to be of a very small service to him, at a time when he was doing a great service to the United States. As far as I am concerned, he is as fine a person who has ever set foot on this land of ours and you are not even in a class to lick his boots.

Now go and take a few more shots of whiskey or whatever makes you a big man but do not malign Jorge. You do not have the credentials.

Here here.. Well Said, Chic

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38607 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
Chic: My literary prowess escapes me. All I can say is THANK YOU. I'm touched. jorge

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
Cogswell & Harrison 375 Fl NE
Sabatti Big Five 375 FL Magnum NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7145 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yikes!

It's a tragedy.

jorge's on his way to Africa to kill animals, and his new rifle won't be here on time.

Mainly, jorge has a couple of safes full of rifles, but, well, it was his dream, his dream, to shoot these brand new custom rifles that nobody has or can afford on his dream safari to Africa.

I've been avoiding this thread--I know nothing about Hein--but I am here to tell you jorge doesn't really want his Hein action for a Safari, what he wants is to be a novelist.

Most recently, we've been blessed with some rich prose about shooting his Ruger.

Delightful!

I'm sorry.

I'm a fourth generation California native. Which means my ancestors crossed the Plains in '49. When my grandmother taught me to catch trout in those gin clear Sierra streams, she let me know that there was more to fishing than catching fish.

Just being there, being able to identify the species around, and an appreciation of natural beauty.

In my world, a hunter will take whatever rifle comes to hand. It doesn't have to be a Griffin and Howe.

He hunts for the pure pleasure of it. With an appreciation for nature and whatever limited time he's able to spend in natural surroundings.

I am an absolute sycophant of Duane Wiebe and his rifles, but have to think that way too many of our contributors want to make a made for TV movie out of their Safaris.

In my view, killing an animal is best kept between you and your guide and the animal.

If you feel the need to make a novel--or a non-fiction story of your safari--it's not about hunting, it's about you.

I love beautiful rifles, and have spent way too much time trying learn to make them.

I am way too tired of hearing from clients who don't want to wait for a custom rifle.

Because, as I've suggested, a real hunter will take whatever rifle comes to hand.

flaco

If we all chip in and buy you a custom rifle will you stop posting this crap?

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3507 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have to say for me at east a LARGE part of my enjoyment and satisfaction of either hunting or just going out and shooting is using a gun be it pistol or rifle that is special to me.

Whether it is a custom gun made just to for me to my specifications or a neat old antique or old clunker that belonged to or reminds me of someone that is special to me.

It isn't the $ amount of the value, it's using a gun that means some to me.

It is very enjoyable to have a gun made to a high standard of quality and workmanship made especially for me to my specifications by a person who is also part artist.

Just going out and shooting an old S&W M&P .38 is much enjoyable for me than one of S&W latest and greatest though the new gun would be more valuable $ wise.

I would guess a lot of others must feel some what this way or every one would just shoot a Remington or Winchester as they would probably get the job done. I think a lot of the benefits of custom or customizing of guns is emotional not just practical. At least for me it is any way.

There is a trust between client and gunsmith. Then to be treated as Jorge and some others have been by Hein is a betrayal of trust. That certainly not pleasant to have to deal with not to mention the time wasted and lost as one keeps being lead on that the project will be finished plus the $ that is lost or at least tied up and unavailable.

Allen

It's a Mauser thing, you wouldn't understand.

Posts: 656 | Location: North of Prescott AZ | Registered: 25 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I hope no one misinterprets this 'cause I too am a hein victim; however, if anyone missed the reference to the large watch in jorge's post I'll tell you what it means. the best way to identify the naval avaitors in the locker room is to look for the guy with the biggest watch and the smallest "tool". Ha

Posts: 1138 | Location: St. Thomas, VI | Registered: 04 July 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
quote:

Wish I could have said it half as well. My son was a Marine, couple of close friends made it their career. My hat always goes off to the men and women that cover my butt.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bryan Chick:
I hope no one misinterprets this 'cause I too am a hein victim; however, if anyone missed the reference to the large watch in jorge's post I'll tell you what it means. the best way to identify the naval avaitors in the locker room is to look for the guy with the biggest watch and the smallest "tool". Ha

Well, actually our large brass balls just make it look out of proportion Smiler jorge

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7145 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
good un!

Posts: 1138 | Location: St. Thomas, VI | Registered: 04 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I spent three years aboard USS INDEPENDENCE CV62, an aircraft carrier, and I can assure you that the pilots do have big egos.

However, they deserve them for all of the incredible danger they put theirselves into.

If you have ever personally seen a pilot land a small jet on an aircraft carrier in the middle of a bad storm when the boat is bobbing around in high seas, you would be amazed!

One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 22WRF:
I spent three years aboard USS INDEPENDENCE CV62, an aircraft carrier, and I can assure you that the pilots do have big egos.

However, they deserve them for all of the incredible danger they put theirselves into.

If you have ever personally seen a pilot land a small jet on an aircraft carrier in the middle of a bad storm when the boat is bobbing around in high seas, you would be amazed!

Just 697 times and about 400 of them at night, but who's counting? Off to polish brass; and keeping the thread going.... Smiler jorge

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

One of Us
posted Hide Post
To put this thread back on track.

Jorge,

Have you heard anything from Hein since your attorney sent the letter? Has anyone checked the Federal bankruptcy Court filings to see if he has filed?

Good luck. I feel for you guys, this a real shame.

Andy

One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
Andy: I expect our lawyer to do that, but we've not heard anything from him since he was served. I believe the dealine for him to respond is this Monday, at which time the court will issue a default judgment. Say, wanna good deal on 450 brass? Smiler jorge

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jorge,

How much brass do you have left and is any of it the old headstamp? (Now here I am hijacking your thread)homer

Thanks,
Andy

One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
About 400. Unfortunately, I think only one box is the old stuff. I also have a set of RCBS dies and a special order Lee Factory Crimp Die. You didn't hijack it, anything to keep it going . jorge

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Keeping it alive, you have a PM.

Cheers,
Andy

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Flaco when your family crossed the plains to California they did it with men and women who were exceptional in their determination, spirit, character and will. That was time when a man's (and woman's) word was his/her bond. Sadly in this case the man's (Hein's) word is worthless.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12594 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You know I don't know if Heins approach is a deliberate or just his way. I knew a fellow in the Dallas area who was had a manufacturing license for class 3 devices. I used to buy from him and he just put off delivering the devices after the transfer's were approved, once I had to notify ATF in order to get him to deliver. He was trying to break into the movie industry supplying class 3 guns to movies and would borrow some of mine occasionally( my car 15 was in the movie GETTING EVEN). He would take forever to return them. Drove me crazy, so, quit dealing with him. He was a good guy, just unreliable.

One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
It doesn't much matter to me. If a man doesn't do what he says he will do when he promises to do it, I don't have much use for him.

Present company definitely included.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13473 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Get this back up on page 1. Smiler

Chic Worthing

Posts: 4917 | Location: Wenatchee, WA, USA | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
Monday's the deadline for response. Thanks, Chic! jorge

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yikes!

It's a tragedy.

Delightful!

I'm sorry.

flaco

Thats about the most off topic and dumbest fucking post I ever read. If the moderators wants to scold me for using the F word, I can live with that and aplogize. Otherwise I meant every wordSmiler

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6638 | Location: Moving back to Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jorge:
Monday's the deadline for response. Thanks, Chic! jorge

Its gonna be intesting to see if this Mr Hein owns a little guts to face you in court..Please take a picture of him if he does..hahaha. Cool...never seen a chicken in human outfit before nilly

DRSS: HQ Scandinavia. Chapters in Sweden & Norway

Posts: 2805 | Location: Denmark | Registered: 09 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Flaco, Flaco, Flaco....

Jeez, do you ever have a knack for pissing people off! I'm kinda surprised by your post, but then again maybe I shouldn't be. What strikes me as contradictory is your own professed love of custom rifles, while simultaneously denigrating someone else for the same thing.

Oh, and your ancestors crossing the plains... you've played this card in public on several occasions. Just what effect do you suppose this has on others? Do you presume it will add to your credibility on anything? Guess what, all our ancestors had it rough 150 years ago! Go way back and they all lived in caves and hunted with sticks. Oh yeah, and we all share ancestors if you go back far enough.

You only come across as a pompous jackass when you bring this up out of context.

But back to your post...

If an off-the-rack, every day rife is good enough for hunting, then why don't you apply the same logic for punching holes in paper? I've seen your work, and you have some very nice rifles, but why shouldn't a hunter want to take a similarly crafted piece of art/machinery afield with him?

I might expect an anti-custom rifle diatribe from a tupperware and stainless, rifle-as-tool-of-death, type of guy; but that's not you. I also know there are plenty of people out there who are completely anti-hunting. But that wasn't your point either.

I guess I just don't get it.

Sorry, didn't mean to drag this out again, but I was just too flabbergasted to not say anything.

Posts: 1138 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 07 September 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Tex21
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by montea6b:
I guess I just don't get it.

Sorry, didn't mean to drag this out again, but I was just too flabbergasted to not say anything.

You're right monte. Me too. I went ahead and put him on my ignore list so I don't have read his drivel anymore.

And in that light, you guys might as well not pay any attention to Flaco. He likes to make these "hit-and-run" attacks on forum threads, get everybody stirred up, and never respond to the fallout. I guess he thrives on attention...who knows... At any rate, don't lend any credence to his trash and as sign says: donttroll

Jorge, I'll tell you that I support you 100% in your endevour. While I do thinks its a shame you had to sue the guy to get your money back, I do not feel that doing so is unwarranted. He has your money and has failed to meet his end of the bargain. The matter seems pretty black and white to me. I hope you are able to recover your loss.

Jason

"Chance favors the prepared mind."

Posts: 1449 | Location: Dallas, Texas | Registered: 24 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
I am confident that we'll prevail in the end. Hopefully I'll have some news to report next week. jorge

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
quote:
I am confident that we'll prevail in the end. Hopefully I'll have some news to report next week. jorge

Jorge, which court's jurisdiction did you file in?

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12594 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fjold:
quote:

Near Moses Lake WA? Maybe Howard can chime in. jorge

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Fjold:
quote:

Near Moses Lake WA? Maybe Howard can chime in. jorge

Lincoln County, county seat Davenport

Howard
Moses Lake, Washington USA
hwhomes@outlook.com

Posts: 2337 | Location: Moses Lake WA | Registered: 17 October 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hein has responded to our suit through his attorney.

He has asked us to agree to a deadline and to allow him to complete our projects.

Jorge and I are discussing our options. We have no desire to kick a person while down but our first and obvious question is: Why should we believe this deadline will be met? As you all know Hein has promised and then not met several deadlines, cut off all communications and rudely told us he no longer wished to communicate with us.

There is also the issue of the excitement and anticipation for our new custom projects has soured and quite frankly its past saving. We have both mentally given up on these specific projects and have no desire to own anything built by Hein.

PS I believe I speak for Jorge here. He will chime in with his thoughts I am sure.

Howard
Moses Lake, Washington USA
hwhomes@outlook.com

Posts: 2337 | Location: Moses Lake WA | Registered: 17 October 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
That about sums it up without showing our hand. We'll let our lawyer settle the matter, to our satisfaction. jorge

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

One of Us
posted Hide Post
montea6b,
Flaco said "49" but he didnt say WHICH 49. His ancestors probably came across the plains in a Greyhound bus. He also said he was the 4th generation and that does not wash with a difference of almost 160 years. Sounds like more bs along with the trout stories. I did get a vision of the family on the front porch of Deliverance when reading his diatribe.

Chic Worthing

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Customstox:
montea6b,
Flaco said "49" but he didnt say WHICH 49. His ancestors probably came across the plains in a Greyhound bus. He also said he was the 4th generation and that does not wash with a difference of almost 160 years. Sounds like more bs along with the trout stories. I did get a vision of the family on the front porch of Deliverance when reading his diatribe.

rotflmo

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Howard:
Hein has responded to our suit through his attorney.

He has asked us to agree to a deadline and to allow him to complete our projects.

Jorge and I are discussing our options. We have no desire to kick a person while down but our first and obvious question is: Why should we believe this deadline will be met? As you all know Hein has promised and then not met several deadlines, cut off all communications and rudely told us he no longer wished to communicate with us.

There is also the issue of the excitement and anticipation for our new custom projects has soured and quite frankly its past saving. We have both mentally given up on these specific projects and have no desire to own anything built by Hein.

PS I believe I speak for Jorge here. He will chime in with his thoughts I am sure.

Hein waits until the mid-night hour to respond and then his chicken-shit response comes through his attorney. I don’t know about you, but this really pisses me off.

I’ve been watching this thread with a lot of interest, as Hein also owes me $2000. I guess I’m also going to have to sue Hein too to get any correspondence out of him. What a f_cked up way to run a business.

Posts: 1361 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 07 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
Mike: I suggest you "strike while the iron's hot" Smiler jorge

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Mike: I suggest you "strike while the iron's hot" Smiler jorge

jorge,

I just sent you a PM.

Posts: 1361 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 07 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Hein waits until the mid-night hour to respond and then his chicken-shit response comes through his attorney. I don’t know about you, but this really pisses me off.

I’ve been watching this thread with a lot of interest, as Hein also owes me $2000. I guess I’m also going to have to sue Hein too to get any correspondence out of him. What a f_cked up way to run a business.

Chicken-shit responses comes from chickenshit.
Chickenshit comes from chickens. Mr Heinman has a loosers attitude..dragging and stalling the time in his favour. He has no concience towards those who he was intrusted. In sicilly Mr Heinman would be sitting at the bottom of the ocean "thinking about life" if done anybody like the way he has doing people overthere. diggin

Mr Chicken can find money for an attorney, but he can`t find the money to those he ows. Mr chicken wants to battle here guys with your money against you. You are paying for his attorney...give this man no rest 2020

DRSS: HQ Scandinavia. Chapters in Sweden & Norway

Posts: 2805 | Location: Denmark | Registered: 09 June 2005Reply With Quote