HEIN CONTACT?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RCG:
Jorge:

As mentioned above, the picture does not show your serial number. IIRC, you were building a .450 Rigby or Dakota? Taking a look at the picture, it appears to me (after looking at my own .458WM) that the barrel after the chamber seems rather small for a .458 contour.

I may be wrong and, I hope I am for your sake, but this may or may not be your action. Pictures and the scale of the content can be deceiving when reproduced.

I don't mean to add to your worries. Good luck and I hope it can be resolved to your satisfaction, if that's possible at this point.

Regards,

RCG

RCG: It's a confirmed N action, taht much I know and the stock blank above appears to be the one I selected from that outfit in Turkey. I emailed him immediately after receipt of his email informing him the picture was not satisfactory and of course no reply. The letter from my friend & attorne went out today via registered mail and a cc copy via email. Shit, I even gave him another OUT by telling him if he provides a picture with the serial number I would accept that and you guessed it, NO ANSWER. I think I have gone above and beyond with this whole mess. All he had to do was respond to my original email of two months ago and none of this crap would have happened. WHAT A CLUSTER. jorge

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
Cogswell & Harrison 375 Fl NE
Sabatti Big Five 375 FL Magnum NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7145 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CRUSHER
posted Hide Post
I realy do hope you get your rifles and sooner rather than later. they are spectacular rifles.

I hope you will not be offended at the question but what do you hope to get your lawyers to do for you here. I have seen where several guys got their money or parts or both back by a simple demand in writing . is that what you want or is it specific performance or what.

I have observed that mr hein is not motivated by money lawyers or threats of ass kicking and even death. he seems to put out rifles one at a time in his own sweet time without regard to anyones frustration with his pace and im not sure he is inclined to change that by more money threats or whatever.

Jorge I dont think they put #s on them untill they are almost finished with them but I understand you wanting to see it just the same.I also beleive you will get your rifle and that hein is not out to cheat you. slow and frustratingly silent but not out to get you. it is not personal. good luck hang in there.

VERITAS ODIUM PARIT

Posts: 1624 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 04 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of FOsteology
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CRUSHER:I hope you will not be offended at the question but what do you hope to get your lawyers to do for you here. I have seen where several guys got their mony or parts or both back by a simple demand in writing . is that what you want or is it specific performance or what.

I can only speak for myself.

Mr. Hein and I have a contract. He has not full field his part of our business agreement as my rifle is well past the date it was to be completed. In fact, Mr. Hein has failed to provide me with specifics and verification that he has even begun my project....

Granted, I'm well aware that custom rifles tend to be completed after the due date. However, in this situation, based on Mr. Hein's behavior, lack of communication, poor business ethics and customer service.... I no longer have any confidence nor trust in him or his ability to fulfill his part of our business agreement.

Thus, I have requested from him a complete refund, and should he decide to continue to "blow me off"..... that's where my attorney comes in.

Posts: 1181 | Location: Texas | Registered: 23 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CRUSHER:
I realy do hope you get your rifles and sooner rather than later. they are spectacular rifles.

I hope you will not be offended at the question but what do you hope to get your lawyers to do for you here. I have seen where several guys got their money or parts or both back by a simple demand in writing . is that what you want or is it specific performance or what.

I have observed that mr hein is not motivated by money lawyers or threats of ass kicking and even death. he seems to put out rifles one at a time in his own sweet time without regard to anyones frustration with his pace and im not sure he is inclined to change that by more money threats or whatever.

Jorge I dont think they put #s on them untill they are almost finished with them but I understand you wanting to see it just the same.I also beleive you will get your rifle and that hein is not out to cheat you. slow and frustratingly silent but not out to get you. it is not personal. good luck hang in there.

Thanks for the note, Crusher. The legal involvement is just a formality and nothing else. This is past very dead horse status, but the issue was not nessesarily one of time, but of due diligence and just responding to an email (or fifty of them). Had he been up-front since from the start by saying, he can't be held to a timeline, things would have been very different. I don't think he is out to "cheat" anyone per se, but he does have issues with prevarication. jorge

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7145 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CRUSHER
posted Hide Post
I have had a few of these on my bench and I am very impressed with the quality of the work and that is from a guy that hates the model 70 and its safty.

again good luck and I hope and beleive you will EVENTUALY get your rifle.

VERITAS ODIUM PARIT

Posts: 1624 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 04 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Per the ATF data for firearm production in '06, Hein made 7 rifles. THat could be 7 rifles, or zero rifles, but 7 serial numbers attached to new actions. The '07 ATF statistics have not been released yet.

Seven full blown customs is a lot, so some of it had to be just actions.

Posts: 2509 | Location: Kisatchie National Forest, LA | Registered: 20 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Marc_Stokeld:
Per the ATF data for firearm production in '06, Hein made 7 rifles. THat could be 7 rifles, or zero rifles, but 7 serial numbers attached to new actions. The '07 ATF statistics have not been released yet.

It's my understanding that a action also requires a seial number.

Posts: 1361 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 07 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
After being in this same situation I consider myself extremely lucky to have obtained my money back.
I don't want to beat a dead horse but some of you are missing the point entirely. This Hein issue isnt about quality of rifles or his worksmanship.
It is about entering a contract, paying a huge deposit, and then having the other party fail to carry out there responsibilites. What makes it even worse is the failing to communicate back to the customer. I would never enter into another contract to have a custom rifle built unless the shop building it would agree to a penalty clause if they exceeded the delivery deadline by "X" amount unless it was agreed to me before hand for circumstances beyond their control. If they wouldnt agree to this then I would find another shop. There are many talented people just starting out who are hungary for business.
If anyone here wants to know how to treat prospective customers they should take lessons from Dale Nyguard, the gentleman who occassionly offers the group buy for Chapuis doubles.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6638 | Location: Moving back to Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
quote:

A single years figures don't really say much as 99% of the work could have been done previously and the rifles just finished in that particular calender year...

Similar figures going back to say 2000 which give a better picture of his true through put..

Regards,

Pete

Posts: 5684 | Location: North Wales UK | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
[/QUOTE]Similar figures going back to say 2000 which give a better picture of his true through put..

Regards,

Pete[/QUOTE]

A very good point as it is my understanding that Hein acquired substantial number of actions in varying states of completion from Noreen. It begs the question, has Hein built an action from scratch yet?

Howard
Moses Lake, Washington USA
hwhomes@outlook.com

Posts: 2337 | Location: Moses Lake WA | Registered: 17 October 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
Folks, I suppose this thread will eventually fade into the ether, but I'm holding to my original statement that I would continue to post until a conclusion. Two days ago, a letter from my friend & attorney went out via registered mail to Hein's home & business address along with an electronic copy of same.

It basically told him it was "game over" unless of course he produced the requested proof. You guessed it, not a peep. So, he has a deadline to produce a check or we're filing to recuperate and attach punitive damages. jorge

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Its gonna be intesting to see how this "Hein-man" can hide himself. Eventually, if no sound or peep, it would be a case for the police to investigate. Taking somebodys money under pretence is a crime...
A case like this should no longer be civil matter but rather turned into to crime matter..in my book Cool

DRSS: HQ Scandinavia. Chapters in Sweden & Norway

Posts: 2805 | Location: Denmark | Registered: 09 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Pete[/QUOTE]

A very good point as it is my understanding that Hein acquired substantial number of actions in varying states of completion from Noreen. It begs the question, has Hein built an action from scratch yet?[/QUOTE]

I think my action was manufactured soley by Greg. It is a "Giant" short action that we designed to accommodate a 416 rigby or 338 Lapua based case shortened to wsm length and hold 4 down. Jason

Posts: 146 | Location: WI | Registered: 18 January 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Jorge:

Good luck. Keep up the pressure and keep us posted. I really hope that is your action and blank.

RCG

Posts: 1129 | Location: Land of Lincoln | Registered: 15 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Jorge
Also best of luck. It is a real shame that in this time of many firearms companies and accessories manufacturers closing, that someone who has a talent to produce a product that appears to be in great demand, and would probably keep him busy for a long, long time, chooses to act this way.

Posts: 1658 | Location: Colorado, USA | Registered: 11 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of FAST996
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jens poulsen:
Its gonna be intesting to see how this "Hein-man" can hide himself. Eventually, if no sound or peep, it would be a case for the police to investigate. Taking somebodys money under pretence is a crime...
A case like this should no longer be civil matter but rather turned into to crime matter..in my book Cool

Jens...In America there is a division between what is termed white collar crime and criminal acts. I really don't see a difference being on the receiving end of a "white collar" crime...but these bastards get away with shit and you may collect or may not. I took my bastard to federal court and got my money...because this guy had more money than god...but the thing that really fried my ass is that he made me go to court to get what was rightfully mine....SOB.

"A long life, and the good sense to live it." ...Quintis Arrius

375H&H,404J,416DAK,458AFR,416RIG,450RIG,505GIB

Avatar: Gregory Peck & Susan Hayward in Africa

NRA member

one of us
posted Hide Post
Let's keep this current until it's resolved.

Good luck guys.

Posts: 1129 | Location: Land of Lincoln | Registered: 15 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
Don't you worry, I certainly will. He's had the letter from the attorney now for four days and nothing heard. jorge

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

one of us
posted Hide Post
BTT.

For Jorge and the others. We have not forgotten.

One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
Thank you RCG. As of today, still no word even though the letters we sent him arrived last week sometime. What can I say? He has a 2 May deadline for refund remittance, then we elevate the suit to punitive. jorge

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jorge:
Thank you RCG. As of today, still no word even though the letters we sent him arrived last week sometime. What can I say? He has a 2 May deadline for refund remittance, then we elevate the suit to punitive. jorge

Did you send it certified, return receipt requested? Always good to get confirmation of receipt like that.

I hope you get your rifle.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
Yep, right from the lawyer. jorge

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jorge:
Yep, right from the lawyer. jorge

Excellent.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of FOsteology
posted Hide Post
He has yet to respond to my demand letter as well. He received my attorney's demand letter on 04/25 as we received the return receipt.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Jorge (and others):

It's May 2nd, any contact from Hein or decisions on the next step from you?

Good Luck.

RCG

one of us
Picture of FOsteology
posted Hide Post
As of date Mr. Hein has failed to stepped up and honor his responsibilities and obligations like a man.

Instead, he continues to hide as he has failed to respond to my demand letter, e-mails, and phone calls.

I consider him a crook, and am prepared to take this matter to court...

One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
Just got home for the weekend. Nothing in the mail. We'll take it to the next step now. Howard, if you read this, give me a call at your convenience. jorge

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

One of Us
posted Hide Post
This thread shall never rest, until this "Heinman" will dingle dangle with a noose around his neck patriot

DRSS: HQ Scandinavia. Chapters in Sweden & Norway

Posts: 2805 | Location: Denmark | Registered: 09 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
sooooooooo, where is Hein at on this issue?

Some days I wish Peter (Nordeen) had not sold the business.

Rich
DRSS
Knowledge not shared is knowledge lost...

Skullduggery not exposed is skullduggery perpetuated...

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
Where we are is that a few of us are moving forward with legal and now punitive action. Nothing new to report as of yet, but I promised to keep all posted. I will say this however, if anyone here has an order pending with Hein, well, let's just say get in line...jorge

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Idaho Sharpshooter:
sooooooooo, where is Hein at on this issue?

Some days I wish Peter (Nordeen) had not sold the business.

Rich
DRSS

Skullduggery not exposed is skullduggery perpetuated...

Noreen not Nordeen

One of Us
posted Hide Post
What's sad about legal action is that Mr. Hein will spend more time and money defending himself than if he had either just made the rifles or refunded the customers' deposits. But it seems Mr. Hein has given the customers no choice.

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
yeah, I know Noreen...brain cramp I expect.

The good news about lawsuits, etc, is that it will likely force the sale of the equipment and get the Heinie out of the business...for good. Pompous ass anyhow, calling himself Waffenfabrik Hein when he's in Washington with an action designed and originally built in Montana.

Rich
DRSS

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Fosteology,
When you get your money back, you ought to go see Tip Burns in Canyon Lake! Hell, you are close enough to visit him every week!

So sorry to hear about your problems. Been there my own self!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Has anyone had any contact or a response from Greg Hein in the past week?

Posts: 2509 | Location: Kisatchie National Forest, LA | Registered: 20 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of FOsteology
posted Hide Post
quote:
Has anyone had any contact or a response from Greg Hein in the past week?

Nada

Spoke with Matt at HCR this week, and they have not been able to reach him for quite awhile either....

Appears Greg is sticking his head in the sand and hoping everyone will just go away...

posted Hide Post
Reading this and other threads on the situation, I suspect this Greg character can see the writing is now on the wall for him and his business.

What ever hope he had of continuing to play "catch up" in producing these rifles, will be gone once people start pulling money out of his business left right and centre.

I predict his behavior and "business practice" will become even more irrational as this progresses..

Sad in some ways for all concerned, but entirely of his own making and something he could have so easily avoided if he was truthful and honest.

In a business that operates largely on honesty and trust, it will be better for all concerned when he's gone...

Posts: 5684 | Location: North Wales UK | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
btt

Posts: 3785 | Location: B.C. Canada | Registered: 08 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Damn.

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
Folks I'm holding a "fire sale" on 450 Dakota Brass, dies and even some 450gr North Forks, 500gr A Frames and Hornadys...jorge

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member