Find
Notify
Tools

HEIN CONTACT?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hein has responded to our suit through his attorney.

He has asked us to agree to a deadline and to allow him to complete our projects.

Jorge and I are discussing our options. We have no desire to kick a person while down but our first and obvious question is: Why should we believe this deadline will be met? As you all know Hein has promised and then not met several deadlines, cut off all communications and rudely told us he no longer wished to communicate with us.

Hein waits till the very last few days to respond, has not had the balls to communicate with his paying customers and then the squat to pee MF wants you to give him "more time" to complete way over due projects,WTF!!!!!!!!

I say FRY his ass and make the POS homeless livin under a bridge,eatin out of a dumpster.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have received forms from the postal inspectors...mail fraud? THIS might g et his attention!

Posts: 2221 | Location: Tacoma, WA | Registered: 31 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I thought about contacting jorge and asking to join their suit: the only reason I did not was I have only been in court twice; both times for a divorce and I have learned to hate lawyers worse than poison. Having said that I wish them good luck!

Posts: 1138 | Location: St. Thomas, VI | Registered: 04 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bryan Chick:
I thought about contacting jorge and asking to join their suit: the only reason I did not was I have only been in court twice; both times for a divorce and I have learned to hate lawyers worse than poison. Having said that I wish them good luck!

Was it really the lawyers you hated, or the laws they were trying to enforce?

one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm not going to answer for Bryan Chick but I can answer for me, it was the lawyers I hated. Anyone who truly believes that divorce lawyers usually represent the best interests of their client(s) and not their billing totals is blind, another blood sucking lawyer, or has not been associated with the process. Like the old joke, it's the 98% of lawyers who act like they do that give the other 2% a bad reputation. Mad

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gatogordo:
I'm not going to answer for Bryan Chick but I can answer for me, it was the lawyers I hated. Anyone who truly believes that divorce lawyers usually represent the best interests of their client(s) and not their billing totals is blind, another blood sucking lawyer, or has not been associated with the process. Like the old joke, it's the 98% of lawyers who act like they do that give the other 2% a bad reputation. Mad

clap clap clap

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gatogordo:

You that right! thumb

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 22WRF:

Confused How do lawyers enforce the law? Confused

hijack

Howard
Moses Lake, Washington USA
hwhomes@outlook.com

Posts: 2337 | Location: Moses Lake WA | Registered: 17 October 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would think that anyone involved in a potential or real law suit would be well advised to not vent or express openly on the internet their feelings, thoughts, comments regarding the individual they are seeking payment, goods, services, etc. Be aware that most swords have two edges and can cut both ways. Situations sometimes have a strange way of reversing. If it does and you get your money or product, smile and go away happy, if not no need for comments, statements coming back to smack you in a legal setting. Merely a suggestion.

Posts: 1165 | Location: Banks of Kanawha, forks of Beaver Dam and Spring Creek | Registered: 06 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Howard:
quote:
Originally posted by 22WRF:

Confused How do lawyers enforce the law? Confused

hijack

Maybe enforce, in the context of civil law, was a poor choice of words, although my intent was to convey the notion that In a divorce situation lawyers enforce civil laws by making arguments to the court in an attempt to persuade the court to rule in their client's favor. For example, "enforcing" the spousal maintenance (alimony) statute by arguing that the client cannot support theirself without payment from the other spouse. Perhaps "invoking" would be a better word. However, in the criminal context, the District or County Attorney is an "enforcer" in the sense that they have the ultimate decision as to whether to prosecute.

Anyway, my point was that many people do not like lawyers when in fact it was the situation they found theirself in when they needed a lawyer that they really didn't like. And I agree, there are a lot of lawyers that screw the hell out of people when it comes to money. But not all of them. Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Maybe enforce, in the context of civil law, was a poor choice of words, although my intent was to convey the notion that In a divorce situation lawyers enforce civil laws by making arguments to the court in an attempt to persuade the court to rule in their client's favor

Lawyers attempt to persuade an interpretation of the law, judges and the court interpret the law; laws are enforced by... well, Law Enforcement.

Posts: 3314 | Location: NYC | Registered: 18 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
On 5/23/08, the Moderator George S., told 22WRF to get off this thread.

I see that was not honored by 22WRF

George, can you restrict 22WRF's access to this thread in order to keep it on track?

Thanks,

RCG

Posts: 1129 | Location: Land of Lincoln | Registered: 15 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Maybe I am a bit paranoid, but I would be very conerned about the quality of a Hein action if you allowed him to complete the projects. You might end up with the action you were promised, but that action may be unusable.
My feeling is that he his lawyer finally told him that he could not win, no matter what, and that is the only reason he wants to work out a deal.

Posts: 1658 | Location: Colorado, USA | Registered: 11 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Duane Wiebe
one of us
Posted 16 June 2008 04:32 Hide Post
I have received forms from the postal inspectors...mail fraud? THIS might g et his attention!

WOW!!! now if that doesn't get his attention nothing will.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dsiteman:
I would think that anyone involved in a potential or real law suit would be well advised to not vent or express openly on the internet their feelings, thoughts, comments regarding the individual they are seeking payment, goods, services, etc. Be aware that most swords have two edges and can cut both ways. Situations sometimes have a strange way of reversing. If it does and you get your money or product, smile and go away happy, if not no need for comments, statements coming back to smack you in a legal setting. Merely a suggestion.

Thanks for the suggestion. I feel Jorge and I have done that while at the same time keeping our promises to keep the forum informed. You have no idea how many times I have bit my tongue on this matter.

Howard
hwhomes@outlook.com

Posts: 2337 | Location: Moses Lake WA | Registered: 17 October 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Lfaler
posted Hide Post
QUOTE]

Anyway, my point was that many people do not like lawyers when in fact it was the situation they found theirself in when they needed a lawyer that they really didn't like. And I agree, there are a lot of lawyers that screw the hell out of people when it comes to money. But not all of them. Big Grin[/QUOTE]

Hmmmm.....nope. I just don't like lawyers.

Posts: 163 | Location: Missouri by way of Mississippi | Registered: 19 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The lawyers and bankers here, in St. Thomas, are very jealous of their mainland counterparts: you see; when they evict widows and orphans down here, there is no snow they must sit on!

Posts: 1138 | Location: St. Thomas, VI | Registered: 04 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Any updates?

DRSS Member

Posts: 96 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 17 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Not at my end.

Howard
hwhomes@outlook.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Howard, I am heading down to your place momentarily with your tent and an alternate action to look at. In left hand btw. We can go pitch the tent in front of Heins shop and wait him out. Bring some arrows and bows and war paint and we can blame it on some indians. I am sure he has probably screwed every race by now.

Chic Worthing
"Life is Too Short To Hunt With An Ugly Gun"
http://webpages.charter.net/cworthing/

Posts: 4917 | Location: Wenatchee, WA, USA | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Customstox:
Howard, I am heading down to your place momentarily with your tent and an alternate action to look at. In left hand btw. We can go pitch the tent in front of Heins shop and wait him out. Bring some arrows and bows and war paint and we can blame it on some indians. I am sure he has probably screwed every race by now.

I am all for it all cept the blame part. The blame needs to go where it belongs. Squarely on Greg Heins shoulders. I know for a fact I would still be working with him and I suspect most others would be too if he would have just been accessible and honest and upfront in his communications. I have no sympathy for him.

Howard
hwhomes@outlook.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
You could always put a "GAY Pride" sticker on his bumper.

Customstox, you would have to have platform moccason's, you aint tall enough to be a injun, how the hell would you get on your pony? You sure wouldn't want Howard to give ya a boost.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jimmy, I would just get on the back of a Western Washington Trucker. I have heard they are on their knees half the time anyway. clap

Chic Worthing
"Life is Too Short To Hunt With An Ugly Gun"
http://webpages.charter.net/cworthing/

Posts: 4917 | Location: Wenatchee, WA, USA | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wow! now that was just not right, I'm not goin to play anymore.

Glad to see your still kickin though.

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
A new deadline?

Sure, I would give him 30 days to produce an action that meets my approval subject only to my completely biased opinion.

I would also include a penalty of $1,000 per day for every day after that date that the complete action is not delivered to my hand.

It would be under those conditions only or else I would back my truck up to his shop and start loading his tools into it.

Can someone post his postal and email addresses again so that we can all contact him and make fun of him.

Kick a man when he's down? Of course, that's what assholes deserve.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12596 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
BTT to keep this in focus.

Mehul Kamdar

"I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."-- Patrick Henry

Posts: 2717 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
BTT. I am deleting his site from my favs. I almost sent him money about a year ago. I held off whe Snowolfe could not get anyone to say they actually had one. Glad I did.

Good luck to you guys, I got burnt once on a barrel job. I am only out about $600.00. I can not imagine 4 to 10 times that much. Hang in there it will work out. Keep us posted.

one of us
posted Hide Post
The latest is a Friday deadline to meet our demands or the lawsuit can then go forward.

Howard
hwhomes@outlook.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Again, good luck!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hopefully on friday you will all get the answers you have been waiting so long for. Good luck to all involved.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Guess we are suppose to hear something tomorrow.

Howard
hwhomes@outlook.com

One of Us
Picture of 577NitroExpress
posted Hide Post
Well, today's the day!

577NitroExpress
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Francotte .470 Nitro Express

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming...

Posts: 2789 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Have you guys heard anything?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I talked to Howard yesterday and he was to be out of town today with meetings. Maybe he or jorge will chime in tonite or tomorrow with hopefully good news.

One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
Gents: Nothing heard as of Sat morning but the wheels of the legal system move slow. As soon as I know something, you'll know. I'll say this again, but this is a damned shame that could have been easily resolved by better communication, THE TRUTH and apologies. jorge

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
Cogswell & Harrison 375 Fl NE
Sabatti Big Five 375 FL Magnum NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7145 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Anything today?

One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
Nothing folks, except to tell you the judgment is going forward against Hein personally. The Attorneys here can explain what that entails. jorge

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7145 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 577NitroExpress
posted Hide Post
Jorge:

If the legal system sways in your favor (and I hope it does), except for loss of customers and a tarnished reputation, what do you *THINK* Hein has the possibility of loosing? And I'm looking for a monetary figure here.

I'm just curious what this fuck-up is going to cost him in the end.

577NitroExpress
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Francotte .470 Nitro Express

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming...

Posts: 2789 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tiggertate
posted Hide Post
That depends on what the court can attach to satisfy the judgement. There are a lot of cases where all that the injured party collects is the judgement document. If Hein has no assets left to satisfy the judgement, then the plaintiff is double-screwed.

Judges (especially local judges) are often reluctant to sieze working assets that would deny the defendant an opportunity to make a living or possibly earn enough to maybe one day satisfy the judgement. He would have to show a surplus of assets. I'm offended by that system but it is what it is.

"Experience" is the only class you take where the exam comes before the lesson.

Posts: 11137 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 22 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
We've sued him personally and another member of his family. Lots of avenues to collect. 577, it could cost him a lot more (like 2X-3X)than if he would have just answered his friggin emails and told the truth in the first place. AS of right now, all we are seeking is our respective refunds plus attorney's fees. jorge

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member