New
Find
Notify
Tools

HEIN CONTACT?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted Hide Post
Any overdue but welcome checks in the mail today Jorge or Howard?

We are thinking about you.

Regards,

RCG

Posts: 1132 | Location: Land of Lincoln | Registered: 15 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
the deadline has come and gone.

Howard
Moses Lake, Washington USA
hwhomes@outlook.com

Posts: 2339 | Location: Moses Lake WA | Registered: 17 October 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
Well boys, as many of you accurately surmised, "no ticky-no shirtie." Not a peep. To those of you that came out in defense of Hein, his inaction today is nothing more than thievery at it's lowest level (well I guess he could have mugged me in an alley). Some here said, "oh he's not a monster or a crook, he's just in over his head" or "I don't care if he takes forever to deliver my rifle" (yeah with my mine and Howard's money), he's a nice guy and eventually he'll make good!" To that I say "BULLSHIT".
This bastard's a crook of the first order and we are continuing to press the issue. I'm sure some of the attorneys here will proffer courses of action so I won't bore you with those, but I am getting in contact with SCI, DSC, NRA and the Custom Rifle Guild to let everyone know what a low-life scumbag Hein is.

While I was deployed to Afghanistan, this fucker was taking my money. I'm going to publicly ask Saeed and Don to keep this thread at the top of this forum in order to save another poor bastard from being ripped off by this son of a bitch. An eight thousand dollar lesson is a tough one to take with my income and now within one month of retirement. A life lesson gentlemen, the good guys don't always win. jorge

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
Cogswell & Harrison 375 Fl NE
Sabatti Big Five 375 FL Magnum NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7149 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Please keep in mind that part of Jorge's 8 thou is the value of two stock blanks he mailed to Hein.

If Hein is a good guy in over his head why doesn't he at least return Jorge's property?

Howard
hwhomes@outlook.com

Posts: 2339 | Location: Moses Lake WA | Registered: 17 October 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Its quite possible WFH did not know it was incapable of delivering the product, some folk simply get their ambitions & abilities confused!
Still, the lies and deception that followed dont help or engender much confidence in their business scruples.
Why dont those who believe WFH is good for the money,actually demonstrate their good faith and forward the outstanding amounts to the waiting customers until the product arrives or monies get refunded? If they are not prepared to do that,then their talk is as cheap as that of WFH.

Posts: 9434 | Location: Here & There- | Registered: 14 May 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Man, what a goat #$%#. I hope jorge, Howard and all the others get their money back, but I am doubtful. Hein should have had a great thing here, actions sized to include the big boys. As posted I almost made the jump to Hein for a Lapua project and am glad I didn't now.

I have been burned by Michaeal Scherz on a 550 Mag project. Same story, different smith. He is now doing his thing out of Idaho and no doubt screwing other new customers.

The good news is that I will now look to the AR smiths to do my work. If one can produce a quality product that passes AR standards you are golden! Duane, Westpac and others will get my work Big Grin

Keep us informed and all my best

John

There are those that do, those that dream, and those that only read about it and then post their "expertise" on AR!

Posts: 831 | Location: Mount Vernon, WA | Registered: 18 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ForrestB
posted Hide Post
Hein was considered an "AR smith" too for a while.

Hein recently mailed two stock blanks back to one of our other AR participants (after a considerable fight). Why he won't give back Jorge's stocks is a mystery. There are several more of us still left holding the bag.

A criminal complaint is now in order.

Posts: 5052 | Location: Muletown | Registered: 07 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of El Deguello
posted Hide Post
My, but you all have been patient & understanding with this turkey!!

Seems he's still trying to collect suckers!

"At Waffenfabrik Hein, no shortcuts are taken, and superior quality and customer satisfaction are the values that drive our organization."

"Bitte, trinks du nicht das Wasser. Dahin haben die Kuhen gesheissen."

Posts: 4386 | Location: New Woodstock, Madison County, Central NY | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ForrestB:
Hein was considered an "AR smith" too for a

How do we go about that? Sounds good to me. jorge

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7149 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Toomany Tools
posted Hide Post
Maybe you can put liens on his property and bank accounts? I had to bring suit against an outfitter several years ago, and he totally ignored me until I subpoenaed his bank records and tax returns. He showed up at my house with the money the day after the Sheriff delivered the subpoenas.

John Farner

If you haven't, please join the NRA!

Posts: 2946 | Location: Corrales, NM, USA | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm waiting for 22WRF to come on and explain how it was all just a misunderstanding and that Hein is really a fine fellow that means to do good, just give him some more money and time........ Frowner Mad Confused

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 505ED
posted Hide Post
Greg got a $1,000 bucks of my hard earned american dollars! Mad Not going to give up yet, but This will be the first gun deal that I've been burned on. Guess I've been very lucky!

Ed

DRSS Member

Posts: 2289 | Location: Texas | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Well I guess that 22WRF and Flaco are kinda like Hein and his promises. . .NO SHOWS! Eeker diggin

Jorge, Howard, don't you already have the judgement and the means to effect a recovery?

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Toomany Tools:
Maybe you can put liens on his property and bank accounts? I had to bring suit against an outfitter several years ago, and he totally ignored me until I subpoenaed his bank records and tax returns. He showed up at my house with the money the day after the Sheriff delivered the subpoenas.

I would rather put him in jail, so he can be someone's bitch.

Hein has sent me two emails in the last 6-weeks saying my rifle was almost finished.....going out for final blueing............hell he can't resist telling more lies.

Posts: 1361 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 07 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
Rusty: We do but as with all things legal, they take time and favor the perpetrator. jorge

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gatogordo:
I'm waiting for 22WRF to come on and explain how it was all just a misunderstanding and that Hein is really a fine fellow that means to do good, just give him some more money and time........ Frowner Mad Confused

I had to laugh every time he posted a thread asking about progress on the MRC PH actions...

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
When an Xwife sails off in the sunset with your money, you at least know you got a few bangs out of it.

Posts: 9434 | Location: Here & There- | Registered: 14 May 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jorge:
quote:
Originally posted by ForrestB:
Hein was considered an "AR smith" too for a

How do we go about that? Sounds good to me. jorge

First step would be to contact the Whitman County Sheriff with background on the story, and a copy of receipts for the stock blanks you sent Greg. Tell them that you have tried to get them back without success and that you would now like to report them stolen.

They may ask you to contact the DA, but I suspect they may contact Hein first to try and resolve it.

Perhaps that contact may "remind" Greg that he has further obligations that are now due.

one of us
posted Hide Post
BTT:

If he is a member of the ACGG, that might be a place to start. I would like to think that they would be interested in their members reputation. As far as SCI goes, we all know they like their ad and booth revenues no matter what the reputation of the vendor is, so they likely won't be of much help.

Good luck.

RCG

Posts: 1132 | Location: Land of Lincoln | Registered: 15 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Greg Hein is not listed on the current membership roster of the American Custom Gunmakers Guild.

Tom

Posts: 455 | Location: Sierra Vista, AZ | Registered: 06 December 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Well, it's Monday morning. Is the Sheriff involved yet?

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12710 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
No the legal system is working at it's typical snails pace.

Howard
hwhomes@outlook.com

One of Us
Picture of 577NitroExpress
posted Hide Post
Bumping it back to the first page.

577NitroExpress
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Francotte .470 Nitro Express

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming...

Posts: 2789 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Let's keep this at the top until resolved.

RCG

One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
Small update. Just received a copy of a letter from our attorney to Hein's attorney informing them they had reneged and we were going to court. Jorge

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Small update. Just received a copy of a letter from our attorney to Hein's attorney informing them they had reneged and we were going to court. Jorge

Hope you get ALL of your expenses recovered and some additional funds for all the BS you have had to go through.

577NitroExpress

Posts: 2789 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
I've been following the thread also. Just curious but why can't Hein be sent to a collections agency?

At least you can send his credit (if he has any) down the shitter.

I'll ask a local law firm here about your situation, and see what they say. I'll also ask the collection agency that I use.

I've heard of folks sending others to collections for situations like this and it really screws the bastard that screwed you.

Hein wants a new truck....oopsie, to f'n bad, your credit reports show you owe someone money...too bad.

Hein wants to buy anything else on new credit? Oops, no can do.

I don't care if Hein has been a "stand up" guy in the past, he needs to see what it feels like to have a cock up his ass with broken glass on the tip.

Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my guns

one of us
posted Hide Post
BTT for Jorge, Howard and the others.

Ant recent developments regarding the missed deadline and your lawyer's follow up letter?

Good Luck,

RCG

One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
Recieved a copy of a letter sent by Hein's attorney to our attorney acknowledging the fact his client defaulted on the agreement and he had notified same.

The next step is to haul him into court where he has to declare in front of the judge what his assets are, including homes, vehicles, toothbrush, etc. We then have to post another friggin bond with the sheriff before he can just show up and start taking stuff. Whatever it takes...jorge

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Recieved a copy of a letter sent by Hein's attorney to our attorney acknowledging the fact his client defaulted on the agreement and he had notified same.

The next step is to haul him into court where he has to declare in front of the judge what his assets are, including homes, vehicles, toothbrush, etc. We then have to post another friggin bond with the sheriff before he can just show up and start taking stuff. Whatever it takes...jorge

When's the court date?

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."

Posts: 12710 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
The next step is to haul him into court where he has to declare in front of the judge what his assets are, including homes, vehicles, toothbrush, etc.

Can you guys put a freeze on all of his assets TODAY so he doesn't do another shady move and transfer his assets out of his/his company's name before you get his ass in court?

577NitroExpress

One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
577: I think that's what the next court date is for. jorge

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

One of Us
posted Hide Post
btt

One of Us
posted Hide Post
This ought to be a sticky until it is resolved.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
bump to keep this on the front page.

577NitroExpress

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Has anyone talked to Greg in the last six months or so?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
When I bought my rifle from www.rifleactions.com wffHein it took

a bit too long, but it was a very good rifle. Another member here

owns it now and likes it very much. It is a shame the people in

control there have messed up a good thing. I hope the guys with

money or what ever due them make out OK. Frowner

Jack

OH GOD! {Seriously, we need the help.}

Posts: 2791 | Location: USA - East Coast | Registered: 10 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Zeke
posted Hide Post

Posts: 655 | Location: Oregon Monsoon Central | Registered: 06 March 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Zeke
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Zeke:

This topic's not going away.

Posts: 655 | Location: Oregon Monsoon Central | Registered: 06 March 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Did you get a court date?

Frank