Tools

HEIN CONTACT?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted Hide Post
Best wishes, Jorge,

Hope all you gentlemen win big.

Mehul Kamdar

"I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."-- Patrick Henry

Posts: 2717 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tiggertate
posted Hide Post
+1!

"Experience" is the only class you take where the exam comes before the lesson.

Posts: 11137 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 22 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sooooo,

Who is next in line to buy Pete Noreen's action blueprints???

Posts: 2267 | Location: Maine | Registered: 03 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jorge:
Nothing folks, except to tell you the judgment is going forward against Hein personally. The Attorneys here can explain what that entails. jorge

As I understand it, Mr. Hein operated the business as a dba (doing business as), and did not represent to his customers that they were dealing with a corporate entity rather than himself as an individual. Further, what I can glean from Washington law is that the spouse is also liable, and that their joint assets are subject to execution (seizure and sale).

If someone else has more info, please fill us in.

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jorge, I hope the legal system wears Hein out on this one. I came very close to sending him a big chunk of money for one of the single shot 97's. Thank goodness I went with Hagn, instead.

Damn a man that lies and cheats.

Josh

Posts: 304 | Location: West Texas | Registered: 01 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
500grains covered it nicely. As promised, I'll keep you all informed. jorge

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
Cogswell & Harrison 375 Fl NE
Sabatti Big Five 375 FL Magnum NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7145 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Grenadier:
quote:
As I understand it, Mr. Hein operated the business as a dba (doing business as), and did not represent to his customers that they were dealing with a corporate entity rather than himself as an individual.

WAFFENFABRIK HEIN, LLC is a Corporation registered with the Secretary of State of Washington:

WAFFENFABRIK HEIN, LLC
UBI Number: 602210008
Category: Limited Liability Regular
Profit/Nonprofit: Profit
Active/Inactive: Active
State of Incorporation: WA
Date of Incorporation: 05/31/2002
License Expiration Date: 05/31/2009
Registered Agent Information
Agent Name: GREGORY A HEIN
Address: 46018 DEXTER RD E
City: DAVENPORT
State: WA
ZIP: 99122

Did it say that on any of the documentation that he gave to customers? Apparently not. I used to be on the Hein email marketing list back when he sent out periodic ads by email and I am pretty sure none of them identified the LLC.

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That is an argument that Hein could make in court.

Is he going to make that argument?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
It's pretty tough, although not impossible, to get a prosecutor to bring a charge arising from a commercial dispute. But certainly worth considering.

one of us
posted Hide Post
My understanding based on WA State Law and case law, whatever that means exactly, is that a business has a duty to disclose the fact they are a LLC or some type of corporation. Hein has not done so either on his published web site or in any correspondence with us.

This gives us the right to sue him personally.

Howard
Moses Lake, Washington USA
hwhomes@outlook.com

Posts: 2337 | Location: Moses Lake WA | Registered: 17 October 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
So ok Attorneys, once a default judgemnt is granted, how hard/easy is it to start collecting? Does the law in Wa state allow us seize what? jorge

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7145 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
Jorge and Howard, and the rest of you who are wrapped up in this unfortunate situation, I just read the whole thread tonight. Very sorry to learn what you are going through.

I'll be watching for future posts as my interest has peaked as to what the final outcome will be.

Good luck with this guys.

Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my guns

one of us
Picture of Toomany Tools
posted Hide Post
I'm not an attorney (thank God) but I did successfully bring suit against a crooked outfitter. Once I had the summary judgment from the court I subpoenaed for the dirtbags bank records and tax returns for the previous 5 years. If I'd gotten his bank records I could then put a lien on any funds, but the day after the Sheriff delivered the subpoena the dirtbag showed up at my door with the cash.

John Farner

If you haven't, please join the NRA!

Posts: 2939 | Location: Corrales, NM, USA | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
John, I doubt that Howard and Jorge's dirtbag will do the same. We know he can't come up with the product.

Chic Worthing
"Life is Too Short To Hunt With An Ugly Gun"
http://webpages.charter.net/cworthing/

Posts: 4917 | Location: Wenatchee, WA, USA | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am not sure whether you sued in small claims or regular district court, and I do not know Washington State Law specifically.

However, in many states, you first have to have a Judgment "docketed".

In some states a judgment automatically becomes a lien on real property at the time the judgment is docketed in a county. There is a priority system in place if there are many judgments against a person.

Most of the time a Judgment does not become an automatic lien on personal property. You have to levy against that property. That is a whole different ballgame. You might have to do formal discovery (interrogatories, requests for the production of documents, subpoenas, etc.) to find out what assets can be levied against. Not all assets can be levied against, as some are exempt. You just have to find out what assets are available to levy against.

In some states you can do a Garnishee summons upon an individual debtor's financial institution.

And in some states you can actually motion for Liquidation receivership.

If you have any property that you already owned at the debtors place of business, such as scopes or whatever, you can also try for an order for Replevin.

One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
By the by folks, yesterday was the day Waffledick Hein was supposed to have delivered my rifle. Suffice to say all UPS delivered today were more shoes for the wife....jorge

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

one of us
Picture of triggerguard1
posted Hide Post
I'm curious if WA is anything like OR on its use of LLC's?

In this state you can't operate under an LLC if you're providing a product or service that is being paid for with funds that are not within the state itself.
In order to operate here, you have to be either a Sole Proprietor, Partnership, or Corporation.

My understanding was that it was pretty much the same way across the US, since LLC's vary from state to state and don't hold water on a Federal level in terms of monies received, payments, loans, etc...

We had once considered going through an LLC process, but our CPA said that because we receive funds from customers across the US, it wouldn't work. Sucks too, considering it's a lot less BS that you have to do with an LLC.

Williams Machine Works

Posts: 1021 | Location: Prineville, OR 97754 | Registered: 14 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Suffice to say all UPS delivered today were more shoes for the wife....

Yeah, but I bet she was happy.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bump

Posts: 3785 | Location: B.C. Canada | Registered: 08 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Zeke
posted Hide Post
BTT

Posts: 655 | Location: Oregon Monsoon Central | Registered: 06 March 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'd try and sue for a little extra for yourself. Think of it as an early Christmas, and then sue for more.

Posts: 409 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 06 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Moose-Hunter:
I'd try and sue for a little extra for yourself. Think of it as an early Christmas, and then sue for more.

Its nice to think that but what we want is simply our money back plus the cost associated with us having to collect our money. All along up till we hired professional representation our first choice was to work with Hein to get what we ordered. Greg himself ruined that with his behavior.

Howard
hwhomes@outlook.com

Posts: 2337 | Location: Moses Lake WA | Registered: 17 October 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 577NitroExpress
posted Hide Post
I hope you guy nail him to a cross.

577NitroExpress
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Francotte .470 Nitro Express

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming...

Posts: 2789 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
We're clsoe to the end folks. Just as soon as I get the go ahead, I'll post the latest. jorge

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
We're clsoe to the end folks. Just as soon as I get the go ahead, I'll post the latest. jorge

Great I'm anxious to hear what's transpired. Good luck thumb

one of us
posted Hide Post
Best wishes. Hope all goes well.

Mehul Kamdar

"I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."-- Patrick Henry

Posts: 2717 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
BTT

DRSS Member

Posts: 96 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 17 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 450/400 Jeffrey's
posted Hide Post
Jorge,
Hope the news is good.

Jeff

Posts: 142 | Location: Dreaming of Luangwa | Registered: 23 August 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Likewise! I hope you are made whole.
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10515 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The news is good but nothing counts till money changes hands.

Howard
hwhomes@outlook.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Howard:
The news is good QUOTE]

thumb

one of us
posted Hide Post
BTT

You all are in our thoughts and not forgotten.

RCG

Posts: 1129 | Location: Land of Lincoln | Registered: 15 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Did the court spank his heinie yet?

One of Us
Picture of 577NitroExpress
posted Hide Post
you guys are killing me. I have been following this thread from the beginning and want specifics!

577NitroExpress
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Francotte .470 Nitro Express

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming...

Posts: 2789 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
There are no specifics other then the lawyers are doing their back and forth to gain an agreement.

Once we have them we will post the details as promised.

Howard
hwhomes@outlook.com

one of us
Picture of Zeke
posted Hide Post

Posts: 655 | Location: Oregon Monsoon Central | Registered: 06 March 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Zeke:

Posts: 3785 | Location: B.C. Canada | Registered: 08 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Zeke
posted Hide Post
BBT

one of us
posted Hide Post
Still in a holding pattern waiting for documents to be signed.

Howard
hwhomes@outlook.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Howard or Jorge,

Is Hein still actually building rifles or is the business now defunct? What a way to piss away an opportunity to have had a great business, what a dumbass Greg Hein is.