Notify
Tools

HEIN CONTACT?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Never do business with a guy named "Hein" or "Heinie" or "Ass."

I would choose words carefully. I have dealt with Richard Heinie and he is one of the best pistolsmiths in the world, and honest as the day is long.

Larry

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 3942 | Location: Kansas USA | Registered: 04 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CARLOSTHEJACKAL:
Toomanytools

You can throw whatever flag you want. As I said, I always make sure to deliver in the end. Lying is sometimes a reality of the situation. I try to avoid it at all costs but sometimes it is unavoidable.

Please elaborate on how you find lying unavoidable, especially in a business situation, or any situation, that matter.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CARLOSTHEJACKAL
posted Hide Post
There is really no reason for me to continue arguing. I'm going to go outside and shoot my Hein rifles now. Later, I'll talk to Greg about caliber choices for my son. Cheers.

NRA Life Member
DSC Life Member

Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
Ronald Reagan

Posts: 486 | Location: SE TEXAS | Registered: 26 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'll talk to Greg about caliber choices for my son. Cheers.

Carlos: You are a good guy and I much appreciated the help you gave me over the phone to amicably resolve this whole sordid mess. I really am grateful.
But to be perfectly frank, the quote above, I just can't buy. HHein doesn't return calls, unless of course he wants more money.

I'm glad you have your rifles and the patience to give Hein a ten year window to play with your money. jorge

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
Cogswell & Harrison 375 Fl NE
Sabatti Big Five 375 FL Magnum NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7149 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jorge, you a pm

NRA Life Member
DSC Life Member

Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
Ronald Reagan

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sorry, I mean you HAVE a pm.

NRA Life Member
DSC Life Member

Ronald Reagan

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
There is really no reason for me to continue arguing. I'm going to go outside and shoot my Hein rifles now. Later, I'll talk to Greg about caliber choices for my son. Cheers.

How do you decide what length of pull to order when ordering a rifle from Hein for a boy? My rifle is only 2 years over due and I've had zero communication from Hein in the last 10 months. I would be worried that he might out grow the rifle before he received it.

Posts: 1361 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 07 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MHC_TX:
quote:

How do you decide what length of pull to order when ordering a rifle from Hein for a boy? My rifle is only 2 years over due and I've had zero communication from Hein in the last 10 months. I would be worried that he might out grow the rifle before he received it.

animal clap

Don't worry, the boy will likely be old enough to pic the caliber, much less the LOP if Hein stays in business, which is unlikely.

Interesting that at least one person in here likes dealing with lying SOBs, and I can see why since the practice seems to be acceptable to him, but I'll pass myself. To be clear, this is not referring to MHC TX.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just for your information Gatarado, Greg has never lied to me. BTW do you even have any dealings with Greg?, sent him money?, placed an order? Or you simply jumping on the band wagon and just bitching just to bitch?

NRA Life Member
DSC Life Member

Ronald Reagan

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Just for your information Gatarado, Greg has never lied to me. BTW do you even have any dealings with Greg?, sent him money?, placed an order? Or you simply jumping on the band wagon and just bitching just to bitch?

I sent him money and listened to his lies for months and then finally got my deposit back.

Your love of your Hein rifles has absolutely ZERO to do with the problems Jorge is having. If you love his rifles then start another thread about how much you idolize the guy.
This thread is about what he didnt do, answer emails, answer voice messages, and deliver items he said he would when they were promised.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6644 | Location: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
So, CTJ, are you suggesting that he's not a liar and that you didn't say that lying is Ok. The fact that he hasn't lied to you puts you in a very small minority of his customers apparently.

No, I haven't sent him any money, nor will I. I don't like liars nor do I like people who don't do what they say. I just find it interesting when people say it's okay to lie and then use people who do so to build their rifles, call it bitching if you want to.

xxxxxxxxxx

One of Us
posted Hide Post
There you have it, just plain old bitching.

NRA Life Member
DSC Life Member

Ronald Reagan

one of us
posted Hide Post
Well, there's one thing about it, I may bitch, but I'm not a liar. Since you are self confessed, you can't say the same. I'll take my position.

xxxxxxxxxx

One of Us
Picture of 505ED
posted Hide Post
CTJ,

Greg owes me an action since 2006, still have not seen it, I call the deposit lost a damn good "lesson"

I guess I should have you call him for me and produce my action.

Ed

DRSS Member

Posts: 2289 | Location: Texas | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Just for your information Gatarado, Greg has never lied to me.

How could anyone know that since you admit that you lie?

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12711 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You can think of me as a liar. I don't give a rat's ass. I'm standing by what I've said. Those of you who say you don't lie ever are lying.

NRA Life Member
DSC Life Member

Ronald Reagan

One of Us
posted Hide Post
BTW, I've said my peace with Jorge. I am now done with thread.

NRA Life Member
DSC Life Member

Ronald Reagan

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
There you have it, just plain old bitching.

As you are doing. It really doesn't matter how Hein has behaved towards others. All that matters is he promised me product and lied about progress and delivery dates then avoided me. He promised me a refund and didn't deliver that. What he has or hasn't done to others is irrelevant. My case stands on its own.

Howard
Moses Lake, Washington USA
hwhomes@outlook.com

Posts: 2340 | Location: Moses Lake WA | Registered: 17 October 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

That is the smartest thing you said since you first spewed comments that had ZERO to do with the thread.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6644 | Location: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CRUSHER
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Snowwolfe:
quote:

That is the smartest thing you said since you first spewed comments that had ZERO to do with the thread.

randy your bias is showing

VERITAS ODIUM PARIT

Posts: 1624 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 04 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I looked for them at the Dallas Safari Club earlier this year and didn't find them.
Butch

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CRUSHER:
quote:
Originally posted by Snowwolfe:
quote:

randy your bias is showing

Yes it is. Since his postings had nothing to do with the title of the original thread he should keep them to himself.

One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
Well boys, this didn't really need a bump, but what the hell, I can announce that I sold my final ten boxes of the 500 pieces of 450 Dakota Brass as well as the Custom Crimp die. At least I got some of my money back. Say, you think we ought to start a pool to see when (or IF) Howard and I get our money back from the much-maligned Mr. Hein? Buehler, Buehler?? Smiler jorge

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7149 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
With all due respect to a lot of friends here, I'm not paying 4gs for a plastic rifle. Smiler jorge

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

one of us
posted Hide Post
Found this thread just in time. I was going to call them next week.

Dave

Posts: 2086 | Location: Seattle Washington, USA | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have lost the original log in that I used to post under, but, it really doesn't matter in this case!

I contracted WFF Hein to build me a lefty 7X57. I sent 100% of the agreed upon rate via USPS MO. I never even heard that they received my MO until I contacted them. Shortly before my supposed delivery date I inquired about the bareel contour, stock, etc.! Never did they contact me about anything, short story long, they decided on the "short action" which, at 3.00 mag length was not what I wanted at all! And, when I enquired about the barrel contour, they simply sent me a link to Pac-Nor.............

NEVER did they ask me what I wanted, what I wanted it to weigh at.................nothing!!!

Fortunately for me, I was able to get my money back in full!

But, I will never, ever do business with them again!!!!

Posts: 38 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: 21 August 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of M70Nut
posted Hide Post
Jorge, can you tell us where this is at? Been following it since it's inception and am trying to keep up.

"We band of 45-70'ers"

Posts: 845 | Location: S.C. Alaska | Registered: 27 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jorge, Like M70Nut posted above, I too have been trying to follow this thread to conclusion. For us with limited time or attention span, would it be asking too much for a short recap of the situation? Kind of bring us up to date. This was hot and heavy with legal talk and court (?) dates but what has happened? is happening?

NRA Life Endowment Member

Posts: 420 | Location: Troy, Michigan | Registered: 21 December 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Jorge and mine's due date is Oct 15, 2008. This is the date we agreed, with Hein, for us to be reimbursed in full. We have not heard anything but in fairness we have neither reason nor expectation to hear anything before that date. Who knows if anything will be produced, I am not holding my breath.

Has anyone else been in contact with Hein?

Howard
hwhomes@outlook.com

Posts: 2340 | Location: Moses Lake WA | Registered: 17 October 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Coming up to D Day for Jorge and Howard.

Any word yet or will it go to the final moment of tomorrow?

Good luck to all involved.

RCG

Posts: 1132 | Location: Land of Lincoln | Registered: 15 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well, I'm not sure it was him, but I got a rather cryptic post card from a cruise line showing a rifle sailing off into the sunset........ clap

xxxxxxxxxx

one of us
posted Hide Post
I am sure it will be at the last minute if at all.

Howard
hwhomes@outlook.com

One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gatogordo:
Well, I'm not sure it was him, but I got a rather cryptic post card from a cruise line showing a rifle sailing off into the sunset........ clap

May a "Community Organizer" marry your daughter.... That went over like a fart in church. Smiler

Like Howard says, tomorrow's the deadline and I am not hopeful. I'll keep everyone posted and eventually a complete recap of events. jorge

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Not funny these poor guys got screwed. I hope they get something tommorrow.

Posts: 1093 | Location: Florida | Registered: 14 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey, I didn't sign off on an agreement that gave him months to not pay.

I'm sorry you guys are in this situation and I certainly hope you get your money tomorrow but as I posted several months back, I doubt it.

If you can't see the black humor in my post, which is patently ridiculous and obviously untrue, then too bad, you need to get a grip.

xxxxxxxxxx

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Made me smile............I thought it was funny...........no problems here.

Howard
hwhomes@outlook.com

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Jorge, Howard,
Guys, I hope for you all the best here. I assume you are in contact with your lawyers for a 5 pm call tomorrow?

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 39719 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Howard:

Thanks, I really do wish y'all the best and hope he coughs up the money tomorrow. He is a low life POS but, as I tell my kids, the world is full of people who stay up nights trying to cheat honest people out of their money.

xxxxxxxxxx

One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
GUess you missed my attempt at humor also, but I thought the "smily face" was a hint. Actually all I'm expecting tomorrow is dead silence, but I owed t myself to pursue the legal option. jorge

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

one of us
posted Hide Post
I am not sure Hein is trying to cheat anyone. I think he is most likely just lazy.

Also he reminds of the old saying, "Don’t let your eyes be bigger than your stomach."

I think he has unrealistic expectations of his own capabilities.

Howard
hwhomes@outlook.com