Find
Notify
Tools

HEIN CONTACT?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!! thumb

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3507 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of FOsteology
posted Hide Post
Wouldn't celebrate until the $$ is in hand.

Hein is in for a rough year as I have him in my sights, and believe HCR is going to hammer him as well.

Posts: 1181 | Location: Texas | Registered: 23 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
FO: Can you elaborate on the HCR situation? And as a few of you stated, I'm not declaring total victory until cash in hand. jorge

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
Cogswell & Harrison 375 Fl NE
Sabatti Big Five 375 FL Magnum NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7145 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of FOsteology
posted Hide Post
My understanding is Hein owes HCR several completed actions that have been previously paid for.

Like everyone else who has commented.... HCR has not been able to get in touch with Hein since late March. Hein isn't returning phone calls, e-mails, nor responding to certified mail.

Posts: 1181 | Location: Texas | Registered: 23 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Too all who have mentioned. Jorge and I fully understand that we have nothing yet other then a signed piece of paper.

We fully understand that as Hein has been unable to produce product to date nor has the money to pay back at this time that things are unlikely to change between now and Oct 15?

We both view this as an important stepping stone on the way to final resolution nothing more.

It does make more sense to go this way then continue to push for some type of court settlement.

Howard
Moses Lake, Washington USA
hwhomes@outlook.com

Posts: 2337 | Location: Moses Lake WA | Registered: 17 October 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FOsteology:
My understanding is Hein owes HCR several completed actions that have been previously paid for.

Like everyone else who has commented.... HCR has not been able to get in touch with Hein since late March. Hein isn't returning phone calls, e-mails, nor responding to certified mail.

I would imagine that as soon as litigation started his attorney advised him that he should not respond to any form of communication whatsoever.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TC1:
Congratulations, now let this evil thread die. Mad

Terry

Your comment puzzles me. What is evil about this?

Howard
hwhomes@outlook.com

Posts: 2337 | Location: Moses Lake WA | Registered: 17 October 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 22WRF:
I would imagine that as soon as litigation started his attorney advised him that he should not respond to any form of communication whatsoever.

Who said HCR has started litigation? Someone mentioned that it was likely...........once again it seems all Hein needs to do is produce product. It is my understanding that Hein has delivered product to HCR already. If he stopped why? It supports my theory that his whole problem is laziness and lack of a good work ethic.

Howard
hwhomes@outlook.com

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Howard:
Jorge and I have a signed agreement in place whereby Hein agrees to pay us in full including principle, interest and attorney fees by October 15, 2008.

I'm glad something worked out, but like it's been said this piece of paper is from the same lying, cheating son of a bitch that you have been fighting with for over a year.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12595 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Howard

I should have been more clear. Nobody said HCR
(Hill County Rifles) started litigation. What I meant was when you folks started litigation I am sure his attorney told him not to respond to anyone unless it came through him, the attorney.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Trax:
Did notJorge,you, others? already have an agreement with WFH that you would get a receiver or rifle for your money?
what assurance does this new agreement give?
Even when one puts a blowtorch to some folks bellies, they still dont pay.

It gives as a signed confession of default and a summary order of judgment that allows us to immediately attach any and all business and personal possessions.

Howard
hwhomes@outlook.com

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Howard

I should have been more clear. Nobody said HCR
(Hill County Rifles) started litigation. What I meant was when you folks started litigation I am sure his attorney told him not to respond to anyone unless it came through him, the attorney.

Are you sure you are an attorney? Good grief........if one of my customers sues me for whatever reason I should immediately stop all communication with my hundreds of other customers and direct them to your office? Sorry man but I wouldn't be able to fire you fast enough.

Howard
hwhomes@outlook.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Come on Howard, now you are talking out of your ass.

If I have a client who is being sued and there is evidence that there are more folks out there that may want to sue him for the same thing I am telling the guy to keep his mouth shut and to direct all inquiries to me.

Good thing you aren't an attorney.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:

If I have a client who is being sued and there is evidence that there are more folks out there that want to sue him for the same thing I am telling the guy to keep his mouth shut.

Good thing you aren't an attorney.

That is NOT what you said initially.....and the fact one customer is suing him is no excuse to not respond to other customers reasonable requests for updates on their orders...............and I have never claimed to be an attorney.

Howard
hwhomes@outlook.com

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Just trying to reach your level Counselor Blue.

Howard
hwhomes@outlook.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
This is what I said initially. Basically the same thing.

quote:

Anyway, what is important is that you have something akin to a default judgment that you can use to levy on Mr. Hein's assets if he doesn't pay you.

As for 500 Grains,and other attorneys here, I am quite sure most would agree with me that if they had a client in litigation they would advise him/her not to speak to others about the subject matter of that litigation.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jorge,
I am glad you are supposed to retrieve your money back. You and I were both in the same boat with this guy and I guess I was lucky and pitched a fit earlier than you did about his delivery times. I am pretty sure he will pay up because when I stood my ground he agreed to refund my deposit and he did return it when he said he would.
Maybe this will be a wake up call to him and other custom smiths this type of conduct will no longer be accepted by customers.
I suspect he realizes how much this subject was discussed and will pay up fast in an effort to rebuild his name.
The entire situation soured me on the idea of ordering any more custom rifles.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6638 | Location: Moving back to Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 450/400 Jeffrey's
posted Hide Post
This guy was getting deposits up front, and obviously was getting a volume of orders. Why the cash crunch? It would lead one to suspect he was using the deposits for other debts. Makes one suspect drugs/alcohol/gambling. Maybe not. Maybe health related costs, but it does make you wonder.

Posts: 142 | Location: Dreaming of Luangwa | Registered: 23 August 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
quote:
This is what I said initially. Basically the same thing.

quote:

Anyway, what is important is that you have something akin to a default judgment that you can use to levy on Mr. Hein's assets if he doesn't pay you.

As for 500 Grains,and other attorneys here, I am quite sure most would agree with me that if they had a client in litigation they would advise him/her not to speak to others about the subject matter of that litigation.

The default judgement is stipulated in the agreement. If he fails to pay, he goes to live under a bridge....jorge

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7145 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 450/400 Jeffrey's:
This guy was getting deposits up front, and obviously was getting a volume of orders. Why the cash crunch? It would lead one to suspect he was using the deposits for other debts. Makes one suspect drugs/alcohol/gambling. Maybe not. Maybe health related costs, but it does make you wonder.

Those deposits get eaten up in a hurry if you constantly manage to find reasons to not work yet pay yourself a full salary.

Howard
hwhomes@outlook.com

One of Us
Picture of 450/400 Jeffrey's
posted Hide Post
Howard,

Well put. My curiocity is to what factors draw this guy away from a potentially thriving enterprise. Can this guy be a loser without outside influence?

Posts: 142 | Location: Dreaming of Luangwa | Registered: 23 August 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well, it's been a while since I took the "over" on Jorge's 4/15 date. Needless to say I was correct on that one.

I hope I'm wrong on this one for everyone that is involveds sake, but I'll take the "over" on this one too. I smell bankruptcy.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
BTW, to repeat, I hope I'm wrong here, but if he can't pay you now, and he's not putting out any significant product, what leads you to believe he'll pay you in October?

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gatogordo:
BTW, to repeat, I hope I'm wrong here, but if he can't pay you now, and he's not putting out any significant product, what leads you to believe he'll pay you in October?

Gato: We sued him (and his wife) directly as he failed to incorporate properly as an LLC. Accordingly, we can take his toothbrush if he defaults. jorge

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jorge:
quote:
Originally posted by Gatogordo:

Gato: We sued him (and his wife) directly as he failed to incorporate properly as an LLC. Accordingly, we can take his toothbrush if he defaults. jorge

Is it written in the agreement that you get paid before he can file for bankruptcy?

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12595 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If I recall correctly the Supremecy clause of the U.S. Constitution provides that most federal laws preempt state laws. Therefore I would presume that a federal bankrupcy action would trump a state court default judgment collection.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am sorry ya'll had to go through this ordeal and I hope it ends well.

Posts: 431 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: 29 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
I think from now on one of my top questions to any rifle builder I talk with will be, "HAVE YOU EVER BEEN SUED?"

Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my guns

one of us
Picture of Zeke
posted Hide Post

Posts: 655 | Location: Oregon Monsoon Central | Registered: 06 March 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doc:
I think from now on one of my top questions to any rifle builder I talk with will be, "HAVE YOU EVER BEEN SUED?"

you might also need to ask if they actually paid what the court ordered they do.

Howard,Jorge&others,
keep the blowtorch to their belly! knife
Theys need to learn that if they want to play lumberjack, they need to learn to carry their end of the log,
and that they should learn to not Fck with the honest&sincere,come badass, billy the mountain! Big Grin thumb
The damage is long done, now its time to just have some fun.
Now dont get me wrong, I like custom rfle builders, but not enough to be Fckd around by them, as in the past, Guess some of it was my fault,cause I was too nice,too understanding,too trusting.
Theres just so much good potential for work orders for those that are willing/able? to do the right thing.
What I find is that they get caught up too early in visions of glory for themselves,and forget or never had any idea, what is required to have a good reputation and successfull business/career.
Folk are often more truelly successful due to ongoing sound word of mouth, rather than a cheap handshake and fancy-promiseful website.
The only time success comes before work, is in the dictionary!

Posts: 9434 | Location: Here & There- | Registered: 14 May 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Zeke
posted Hide Post
BTT

Posts: 655 | Location: Oregon Monsoon Central | Registered: 06 March 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Has anyone else had any contact with Hein? Any luck in getting product or money?

Wonder if Hill Country has managed to make contact?

Howard
hwhomes@outlook.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ugly, ugly, ugly.

jorge, if you really want his toothbrush, I hope you get it.

And I hope it makes you feel like a winner.

Hello?

Life is really tough, and then you die.

If you're lucky, all your friends die before you do, and that's not much fun either.

Once again, I ask administration to create a "I've Been Abused By Gunsmith/Rifle Builder/Etc., Etc., Etc." board.

Because, well, this board should be for sharing gunsmithing information and techniques.

It's not the Consumer Affairs Board.

If jorge chooses not to patronize riflesmiths in the future, that's his choice.

And he, and his cohorts, should excuse themselves from the Gunsmithing board.

If you're a 'smith, you belong here. If you're client to a rifle builder, feel free to share you victories.

We love photographs of beautiful rifles.

If you've been done wrong, take it the Chaplain.

Maybe that's what we should call the new board.

Take It To The Chaplain.

flaco

N.B. Or, "How To Hire a Lawyer to Get His Toothbrush?"

All I see is a bunch of guys who have defined themselves as losers.

One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
El Flaco! Wow! I hear soothing music and bird chirping in the background while viewing a lovely pastorial scene. . . .Oops sorry, it was just my desk top screen saver! I'd love to debate that with you, however I have go. I have to go watch "PollyAnna" before I head off to work.

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
flaco,

those boys have done exactly what they should have done. what the hell do you think contract law is all about anyway?

are you saying you wouldn't have used the law as a remedy in this case had you been the aggrieved party? Yet, I bet the first legal pickle you find yourself in the lawyer gets the call before anyone else.

cheers to Jorge, et al for taking a bad businessman to task!

Posts: 2267 | Location: Maine | Registered: 03 May 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flaco:

Because, well, this board should be for sharing gunsmithing information and techniques.

It's not the Consumer Affairs Board.

Damn, I didn't know you had bought this site from Saeed.....times must be tougher than I thought in Dubai? Big Grin

Oh wait, you haven't purchased this site, you say?

Hmmmmm, then what gave you the impression that you can decide for the rest of us what we should post or read where? Hmmmmmm....... Confused

xxxxxxxxxx

one of us
Picture of dempsey
posted Hide Post
flaco has obviously never been on the short end of a gun project gone wrong.

Posts: 6205 | Location: Cascade, MT | Registered: 12 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dempsey:

He's added nothing to this thread.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Probably not. But he has definitely been on the short end of intelligence and more than likely other things as well.

Posts: 1557 | Location: Texas | Registered: 26 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by adrook:
quote:
Originally posted by dempsey:

He's added nothing to this thread.

Neither have most of the other replies but what the hell, everybody loves a good wreak.

bump

--------------------------------------------

Well, other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

Posts: 6315 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 18 May 2002Reply With Quote