New
Find
Notify
Tools

Searcy responds to Wieland
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would hazard a guess that someone committed a tactical error, and expected a bailout like the fedguv gave the banks. Didn't get it, and threw a tantrum.

This was a fairly easy call...

Rich
Searcy and Chapuis Double Rifle Shooter

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Safaris Botswana Bound
posted Hide Post
Idaho "not so "sharp shooter

Read my previuos post
Graeme

Posts: 473 | Location: Botswana | Registered: 29 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Update
after notifying Searcy that Jerimiah did not know anything about my DR and advised Searcy over email - Butch responded and advised me to get back to Jerimiah, as J did know who I was but may have not put the name to the problem - did so and I am pleased to report that the DR is with Jerimiah who has taken the firearm apart and has allready found most of the problems - a combination of sears, fire pin springs , and some other ones - Jerimiah requires access to welder to build up and file down some parts , so will have to wait till monday.

As to Idaho " clearly not so sharp or pleasant " shooter , (I think only you see yourself as sharp in any way ) , the development of the fore brain seperates adults from children and the adults ability to reason when presented with facts. Other forms of intolerance , bigotory, sexism , have also been associated with this lack of forebrain development - but I regret to advise there is no known cure .

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The post that is missing - is one which I sent on Friday which was reporting that at approx 0800 am, I phoned Johan Calitz's office and asked to speak to the gunsmith whos name I was advised was Jerimiah however he was busy - I left a message for him to call me back, at 330 pm. after no call back I called again and got to talk to Jerimah - Jerimah did not know who I was and clearly was not expecting a call from me . Jerimah is a first class chap and did ask me what was wrong - I went through the problems - he advised it was unlikely that he could help and maybe if I could bring the firearm around Monday or Tuesday he could try look at it but did stress it was unlikely he could look at it or do anything.
I emailed Searcy , who responded very quickly and told me to call Jerimah back as jerimiah did know who I was but may have been confused with the name. Johans Office also called me on my way home and told me to bring the gun in on Saterday.
Graeme Pollock

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Idaho Sharpshooter:
Not to bring this thread back to the original issue; Terry Wieland, but I heard a very funny story about the real reason he and Geoff Miller are on the outs. Obviously I cannot get either of the two parties to verify it, although Geoff might.

Anyway, Wieland was supposedly living with this attractive young female artist in her home. There was a spat and she threw him out, bag and baggge.
She then took up with Miller...

That would do it for me.

I repeat, this is just a rumor I heard. But it is a funny one.

Rich

Idaha " talks with forked tongue" shitshooter
the fact that you hang someones elses washing out in public speaks volumes as to what type of person you are. Where I come from only the woman babble this kind of shit but they have the decency to do it in private - I think you are on the wrong forum - ballet , knitting etc are on some other forum.
Have you heard the saying - play the ball not the player.

one of us
Picture of ROSCOE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Safaris Botswana Bound:
The post that is missing - is one which I sent on Friday which was reporting that at approx 0800 am, I phoned Johan Calitz's office and asked to speak to the gunsmith whos name I was advised was Jerimiah however he was busy - I left a message for him to call me back, at 330 pm. after no call back I called again and got to talk to Jerimah - Jerimah did not know who I was and clearly was not expecting a call from me . Jerimah is a first class chap and did ask me what was wrong - I went through the problems - he advised it was unlikely that he could help and maybe if I could bring the firearm around Monday or Tuesday he could try look at it but did stress it was unlikely he could look at it or do anything.
I emailed Searcy , who responded very quickly and told me to call Jerimah back as jerimiah did know who I was but may have been confused with the name. Johans Office also called me on my way home and told me to bring the gun in on Saterday.
Graeme Pollock

Jesus you are a whiner……I have never seen anything like this. You remind me of some Spanish hunting clients I met in South Africa. They had a great hunt and were a lot of fun to share a camp with…until it came time to pay the bill. Then all the sudden, according to them anyway, the hunt became a disaster. “My toilet leaked in my Chateau…I need a discount. We had a flat tire on the truck which took away from my hunting time….I need a discount. My Steak was cold one night….I need a discount. No joke…this shit went on for 30 minutes. Once they realized that there would be no “Discounts” the BS stopped and the bill was paid in full.

Ten bucks says Butch tells Jeremiah to Weld the bores shut. Even better, I hope he tells the guy to throw the rifle in the river knowing there is nothing you can do about it since the gun is not legally in your name.

R. Lee Ermey: "The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle."
We're going to be "gifted" with a health care plan we are forced to purchase and fined if we don't, Which purportedly covers at least ten million more people, without adding a single new doctor, but provides for 16,000 new IRS agents, written by a committee whose chairman says he doesn't understand it, passed by a Congress that didn't read it but exempted themselves from it, and signed by a President, with funding administered by a treasury chief who didn't pay his taxes, for which we'll be taxed for four years before any benefits take effect, by a government which has already bankrupted Social Security and Medicare, all to be overseen by a surgeon general who is obese, and financed by a country that's broke!!!!! 'What the hell could possibly go wrong?'

Posts: 2122 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
SBB,
In the space of about 12 hours you took a situation in which you had already made yourself look pretty bad and made yourself look even worse.
My advice is to make no further comment until the the double is either fixed or you are told it can not/will not be fixed.

Then you will be able to legitimately say either
"Thank you"
or
"I told you"

All you are doing with these so called updates is diggin

NRA Lifer; DSC Lifer; SCI member; DRSS; AR member since November 9 2003

Don't Save the best for last, the smile for later or the "Thanks" for tomorow

Posts: 3464 | Location: In the Shadow of Griffin&Howe | Registered: 24 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CCMDoc:
SBB,
In the space of about 12 hours you took a situation in which you had already made yourself look pretty bad and made yourself look even worse.
My advice is to make no further comment until the the double is either fixed or you are told it can not/will not be fixed.

"Thank you"
or
"I told you"

Good advise and thanks - but bear in mind the first update happened when I drew a blank and was then on my way home with the firearm.

And a comment on the usual comedy club who spring in even after I posted the facts and updated it. Yes you Roscoe - read the past posts - the Gun is legal it is registered with a certificate etc etc. crikey no wonder you are clueless - do you just look at the pictures and form an opinion or do you actualy read and follow the logic ??.

one of us
Picture of ROSCOE
posted Hide Post
quote:
And a comment on the usual comedy club who spring in even after I posted the facts and updated it. Yes you Roscoe - read the past posts - the Gun is legal it is registered with a certificate etc etc. crikey no wonder you are clueless - do you just look at the pictures and form an opinion or do you actualy read and follow the logic ??.

Holy shit....Did you really just suggest that I should be the one to follow logic?

All this crap about a rifle that you screwed up, yet insist should be repaired and you suggest I follow logic?

Logic indicates that you may have one coming…..

You continue to piss off Butch Searcy.
You have done everything possible to tarnish his reputation on this forum.
He already told you to stick the gun up your ass…..
He then said “sure Polack…bring your rifle in….I’ll have it fixed…..
Logically Butch should weld the action shut so you can’t break it again.

You should be worried. Butch is not an idiot. He knows that you will continue to badmouth his rifles. He also knows that eventually you will find a way to break something else…..and this whole saga will begin yet another time. Logic indicates that he will “Fix” your gun once and for all!

We're going to be "gifted" with a health care plan we are forced to purchase and fined if we don't, Which purportedly covers at least ten million more people, without adding a single new doctor, but provides for 16,000 new IRS agents, written by a committee whose chairman says he doesn't understand it, passed by a Congress that didn't read it but exempted themselves from it, and signed by a President, with funding administered by a treasury chief who didn't pay his taxes, for which we'll be taxed for four years before any benefits take effect, by a government which has already bankrupted Social Security and Medicare, all to be overseen by a surgeon general who is obese, and financed by a country that's broke!!!!! 'What the hell could possibly go wrong?'

One of Us
Picture of 577NitroExpress
posted Hide Post
Roscoe, I saw "polack" but read "Polock;" as in polish folk are dumber than shit... I think you have a typo in your post rotflmo

577NitroExpress
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Francotte .470 Nitro Express

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming...

Posts: 2789 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 577NitroExpress:
Roscoe, I saw "polack" but read "Polock;" as in polish folk are dumber than shit... I think you have a typo in your post rotflmo

Do you supose the Polish folks on this site will appreciate that comment?

DM

Posts: 696 | Location: Upper Midwest, USA | Registered: 07 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
When you go past a car crash there is no way turn your head. This topic was like being bound and gaged and forced to watch 8hrs. of "Jeresy Shores". As someone on the outside looking in I have discovered that "you can shoot yourself in the foot with your own gun, that dose not work". pissers

Posts: 538 | Location: North of LA, Peoples Rep. of Calif | Registered: 27 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You keep pegging the dork-ometer. Besides dummy, you hijacked the thread. Read the header and try and comprehend. It says "Searcy responds to Wieland", not "Rifle builder rescues emotionally suicidal moron who tried to blow up one of his used DRs."

You brought yourself in here. You said something along the lines of "hey, I tried to blow up a Searcy DR. Couldn't quite pull it off, but I did break it. Can somebody bail me out? Oh, by the way it's used."

You have likely done yourself in here as far as regards your future as a PH. I personally doubt anybody who has read this thread would let you guide them to the Men's Room for a dollar. Your ineptitude is exceeded only by your whiney, boorish attitude.

Waaaaaaaaa...

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well, I've been waiting for Graeme to get on here and inform you all that his rifle is spot on again. Johan called and let me know that Graeme's rifle was fixed and that he had sent one of his men to pick up. He went out and shot it, then reported back to let Johan know that it shot very good with no problems.
Now, I await the next chapter in this story.

One of Us
Picture of Mike Brooks
posted Hide Post
Butch, you've earned my respect for the patience and "lack of" that you've shown while dealing with this problem.

NRA Life
ASSRA Life
DRSS

Today's Quote:
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a free cell phone with free monthly minutes, food stamps, section 8 housing, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.

Posts: 4096 | Location: Cherkasy Ukraine  | Registered: 19 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mr. Searcy, I'm a little curious as to " What might/may " have been the cause of the problem(s), which required the repairs, based upon your " Gunsmiths inspection ".

quote:
Jerimiah who has taken the firearm apart and has allready found most of the problems - a combination of sears, fire pin springs , and some other ones - Jerimiah requires access to welder to build up and file down some parts, so will have to wait till monday.

We have all read Mr. Graemes version(s), which were very confusing,... at least in my mind. bewildered

I'm not trying to restart any further debates .. Just the simple " FACTS ", based on your Gunsmiths assessment and opinion.

This should put a " Final End " to any speculation, by " ANYONE ".

As an Example
1. Gun was inspected and...
2. Probable cause of damaged items appears to be ...? due to ..... (Normal Wear & Tear / Over pressure, Bad Reloads? etc) ?

I realize, some of the items might have been done as a normal maintenance, by " Cleaning Action; Replacement of Parts/Lubricate " (Springs/Sears) to function like new.

PAPI
popcorn

Posts: 432 | Location: California | Registered: 01 August 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
From what Jerimiah has told me. The bearing surface on the cocking arms was worn. Lack of a proper grease. Oil doesn't work well on metal to metal working surfaces. Most all problems with ejectors are lack of grease on the knuckle of the action. When this area becomes worn and loose all the timing tolorences are out of sink.
Oh, before I go off on a tangent. The problem that was fixed was that the cocking levers weren't engaging soon enough to start the hammers rotating. This caused the firing pins to remain in the primer and drag.
There was no other problem.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Where's our poster boy?

I was thinking about fasting or at least giving up fast food drive-ins until graeme fessed up. Glad I didn't. I could have wasted away under two hundred pounds...

Butch: You are ABSOLUTELY THE MAN!!! God Bless you!

Do you think it wise to leave such a complex, high maintenance firearm with such a dolt?

Rich

One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CCMDoc:
SBB,

"Thank you"
or
"I told you"

OK SBB,

Time to man-up and post your note of appreciation to Butch for getting the double fixed and back in your hands.

Good news for everyone all around, wouldn't you say?

NRA Lifer; DSC Lifer; SCI member; DRSS; AR member since November 9 2003

Don't Save the best for last, the smile for later or the "Thanks" for tomorow

Posts: 3464 | Location: In the Shadow of Griffin&Howe | Registered: 24 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I can see that post. Right after the Second Coming...

Character (or lack of it) is readily apparent in men, horses, and hunting dogs if you spend about fifteen minutes around them.

Rich

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jerimiah looked at and repaired the problems he found - none were related to reloads as previuosly stated and defended.
Not being a gunsmith please bear with me - The sears were not at the right angle , and the fire pin was too long and the springs were not correct, the cocking mechanism was faulty. Jerimiah is a great guy and was realy helpfull and I realy appreciate his professionalism.
Thank you Butch Searcy and Johan Calitz for making it possible for Jerimiah to work on the firearm.
From the start I never expected Butch to repair the firearm himself as I could not get it to him so this was much appreciated.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DM:
quote:
Originally posted by 577NitroExpress:

Do you supose the Polish folks on this site will appreciate that comment?

DM

If you look throughout these forums you will see the same bunch of people making the same inappropriate comments - and playing the player not the ball. Heaven forbid you raise an issue related to what these forums are for - I think mostly now we ignore there comments and occasionaly respond for the humour.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ROSCOE:
quote:

Holy shit....Did you really just suggest that I should be the one to follow logic?

All this crap about a rifle that you screwed up, yet insist should be repaired and you suggest I follow logic?

Logic indicates that you may have one coming…..

You continue to piss off Butch Searcy.
You have done everything possible to tarnish his reputation on this forum.
He already told you to stick the gun up your ass…..
He then said “sure Polack…bring your rifle in….I’ll have it fixed…..
Logically Butch should weld the action shut so you can’t break it again.

You should be worried. Butch is not an idiot. He knows that you will continue to badmouth his rifles. He also knows that eventually you will find a way to break something else…..and this whole saga will begin yet another time. Logic indicates that he will “Fix” your gun once and for all!

Between Idaho "not so sharp" shooter, Roscoe , 577nitro express and the other Merry Men - I dont have to comment - their own wonderfull posts discredit themselves as they attempt to dominate inteligent (sic) threads.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Idaho Sharpshooter:
You keep pegging the dork-ometer. Besides dummy, you hijacked the thread. Read the header and try and comprehend. It says "Searcy responds to Wieland", not "Rifle builder rescues emotionally suicidal moron who tried to blow up one of his used DRs."

You brought yourself in here. You said something along the lines of "hey, I tried to blow up a Searcy DR. Couldn't quite pull it off, but I did break it. Can somebody bail me out? Oh, by the way it's used."

You have likely done yourself in here as far as regards your future as a PH. I personally doubt anybody who has read this thread would let you guide them to the Men's Room for a dollar. Your ineptitude is exceeded only by your whiney, boorish attitude.

Waaaaaaaaa...

Idontknow "not to sharp " shooter , the banter has been fun, but just to let you know we are nearly sold out on the 22 elephant hunts and all our buffalo hunts are sold out for 2011 and there are limited openings in 2012, fortunately the vast majority of AR readers are mature level headed logical sportsmen hunters who ignore the likes of your and the merry men brigade (Roscoe, 577Nitroexpress etc), the proof is in the pudding as to say.

one of us
Picture of ROSCOE
posted Hide Post
I still say you are a Fuckwad!

Now go away!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good to see a end user (not original buyer) happy and Mr Searcy gaining a "Leupold like" service reputation.
That type of service is rare in any industry today.

EZ

Posts: 3256 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 January 2009Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Butch Searcy:
Well, I've been waiting for Graeme to get on here and inform you all that his rifle is spot on again. Johan called and let me know that Graeme's rifle was fixed and that he had sent one of his men to pick up. He went out and shot it, then reported back to let Johan know that it shot very good with no problems.
Now, I await the next chapter in this story.

Outstanding Butch --
As Graeme should already have noted, you stood up to your work, even though you didn't have to.

Great Job, and things like this only embellish our friendship

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38593 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think "F--ktard" is a more appropriate term. It's a combination of F--king & Retarded. It surely seems to fit.

Anyone here:

1. booked a hunt with this dork because of his crybaby rant?

2. believe he is man enough to apologize for his boorish behavior?

I would really love to see one show of support for him. We have many for Butch.

take care,

Rich
Searcy DRSS

One of Us
Picture of Mike Brooks
posted Hide Post
LMAO, Rich, You're such a smooooth talker! I'm impressed!!! Big Grin

NRA Life
ASSRA Life
DRSS

Today's Quote:
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a free cell phone with free monthly minutes, food stamps, section 8 housing, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.

Posts: 4096 | Location: Cherkasy Ukraine  | Registered: 19 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It's a gift...

Rich
Searcy DRSS

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Idontknow sharp shooter rich

Hopefully you have recieved the copied private messaging which provide the proof of support and critisisim (sic - Rich ses I cant spell ) - and I know you will never get it - but reasonable mature people dont rant and rave on these threads - they dont get into squabbles or air dirty laundry - I have and I regret it - unfortunately I enjoy a good fight which is a character floor my wife reminds me often about.

And as you still dont get it ( and a few of the others ) - I will repeat it .

1. Butch was under no legal obligation to fix the gun .
2. I never said he should collect the gun and fix it.
3. I am not going to spell it out so you can understand why we went to forum.
4. Butch had someone look at the gun and hopefully fix the problems.
5. I am not going to be drawn into further debate about the gun as I think both Butch and myself consider this resolved.
6, I have allways stated that when the gun worked it was the most accurate DR I own.

Your threat in the private messaging ( which by the way you previuosly slagged private messaging ) about posting everyday to keep it alive in an attempt to discredit me - is as childish and misinformed as any one could be.
By now you must surely have realized - I have not been hurt by this with any one who counts.
I did not come across very well on some of the posts and I have apologized for that on numerous occassions as well.

So if you want to continue to highjack this thread with jibes at me - fine - but it will not serve in anybody's interest to continue about the firearm - that issue I believe is resolved.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sorry I left out the most important number 7.

Which was I have thanked Butch Searcy and his gunsmith Jerimiah ( great gunsmith and good guy) and Johan Calitz for facilitaiting the repairs.

Graeme Pollock
Graeme Pollock Safaris
Safaris Botswana Bound (Pty) Ltd
Safaris East Africa Bound
Sable Conservancy (Pty) Ltd
Mozambique Big Game Safaris ( Limitada )

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have found out long ago that written dialog is great for confirmation of verbiage or reporting however the demeanor can be taken out of context if we are not understanding of anothers geographic location. People just speak in a different manner in different parts of the world and can be taken as conflicting.
If you simply make a phone call (if permisable) it is easy to tell the demeanor of the person on the other end.
I bet such dialog would have put this issue to rest long ago. I can se no positive result airing out these differences on a public forum.
The enternet and is an outstanding tool for locating people and manufactures across the globe that allow people to initiate correspondence that would have been extremely challenging year ago. These two gentlemen might have never been able to locate the other without it.

Posts: 3256 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 January 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ROSCOE
posted Hide Post
While I agree with your statements I don’t believe they necessarily apply here. If you follow this back to the beginning you will see that the Dick head from Africa confronted Butch at the SCI show several years ago. At that time Butch told him that the rifle would be fixed…at no charge….it just needed to be returned to the shop in California. Keep in mind this is the same response any person who owns a Searcy Rifle will get….regardless of where they live. Butch has a no BS warranty that he takes great pride in.

The Dip Shit from Africa then went on to complain that he could not get the gun to California because he did not legally own it and he could not get the necessary paperwork. Butch told him he could not help with that problem but assured him the rifle was covered by the warranty in the event that it could be sent back to CA. Dip shit then went on to make quite the scene ranting and crying about the situation insisting that Butch needed to figure out how to fix the gun. Keep in mind, this was a second hand rifle, and all this was happening in the booth at SCI where Butch was trying to sell his product.

So as you can see, there was face to face and verbal discussions early in the confrontation. Dip Shit was just as unprofessional in person as he has been on this forum. Now we see this Crap!

quote:

And as you still don’t get it ( and a few of the others ) - I will repeat it .

1. Butch was under no legal obligation to fix the gun .
2. I never said he should collect the gun and fix it.
3. I am not going to spell it out so you can understand why we went to forum.
4. Butch had someone look at the gun and hopefully fix the problems.
5. I am not going to be drawn into further debate about the gun as I think both Butch and myself consider this resolved.
6, I have always stated that when the gun worked it was the most accurate DR I own.

Your threat in the private messaging ( which by the way you previously slagged private messaging ) about posting everyday to keep it alive in an attempt to discredit me - is as childish and misinformed as anyone could be.
By now you must surely have realized - I have not been hurt by this with anyone who counts.
I did not come across very well on some of the posts and I have apologized for that on numerous occasions as well.

So if you want to continue to highjack this thread with jibes at me - fine - but it will not serve in anybody's interest to continue about the firearm - that issue I believe is resolved.

Answer these questions please as they relate to your comments above.
1. If Butch was not obligated to fix the gun then why did you feel the need to slander him for the last several years on a public forum?
2. Explain how you wanted the rifle fixed if he was not going to collect the gun? You stated on this forum that you could not send the gun to CA.
3. Why do you not want to explain why you chose to use the public forum? (see your comments on #1)
4. Did you offer to pay for this service? I doubt Butch would have taken your money but it would be the gentleman thing to offer.
5. Why no more debate? Is it because your childish tactics got you what you want and for now you want to crawl back onto your hole and hide? If something else goes wrong with the gun will you bring this thread up again?
6. You say it was accurate but also say it was a POS and that other Searcy rifle have failed. You went on to state that other PH’s were coming out of the closet to profess similar comments. What happed to them? What do you intend to use this double for now that it is fixed? You stated before that the Blaser fills your needs.

You continue to make the statements about being sold out on all your hunts inferring that your operation is so successful. Truth is that you operate in a country that has very limited quota. I seldom see any operators in Botswana that are not booked out far in advance. Why so many companies though? Most operators stick with one company….maybe you need more places to hide?

Graeme Pollock Safaris
Safaris Botswana Bound (Pty) Ltd
Safaris East Africa Bound
Sable Conservancy (Pty) Ltd

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Roscoe

Firstly I am not going to rehash anything in regards to why how when etc and not because of the reasons you state but because as far as I am concerned the forum achieved its objective and that was to get the firearm seen to.
Secondly without attacking you in regards to your comment that there is a list of companies that I must be hiding behind - I will stick to the facts and that is that each company operates either in a different country or a different bussiness - such as Safaris East Africa - Tanzania bookings , Mozambique Big game Safaris - Mozambique - is a registered company in that country, Sable Conservancy is a game ranch that we own in Botswana and operates seperate from my outfitting bussiness's, I think to most people this would not need explaining and the simple reason I put my name to the companies on a very public forum kinda means exactly opposite to what you state - I am advertising the fact these are the companies I operate from in different countries. ???
As to offering to pay - again please read back on the thread I have allways offered to pay - on collection of the firearm I offered to pay but Johan Calitz said he had paid for airtickets etc , I have allways assumed I would pay - eventhough Butch has not said anything only Johan - I would welcome the oportuinity to pay for Jerimiahs work/time.

And I repeat as far as I am concerned the issue has been resolved - I have thanked Butch for his fixing the firearm and will not be drawn back into any public debate thereto.

Graeme Pollock

One of Us
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by ROSCOE:
While I agree with your statements I don’t believe they necessarily apply here. If you follow this back to the beginning you will see that the Dick head from Africa confronted Butch at the SCI show several years ago. At that time Butch told him that the rifle would be fixed…at no charge….it just needed to be returned to the shop in California. Keep in mind this is the same response any person who owns a Searcy Rifle will get….regardless of where they live. Butch has a no BS warranty that he takes great pride in.

The Dip Shit from Africa then went on to complain that he could not get the gun to California because he did not legally own it and he could not get the necessary paperwork. Butch told him he could not help with that problem but assured him the rifle was covered by the warranty in the event that it could be sent back to CA. Dip shit then went on to make quite the scene ranting and crying about the situation insisting that Butch needed to figure out how to fix the gun. Keep in mind, this was a second hand rifle, and all this was happening in the booth at SCI where Butch was trying to sell his product.

So as you can see, there was face to face and verbal discussions early in the confrontation.

Roscoe

As mentioned I am not going to get drawn back into a resolved issue - but feel I need to comment on your incorrect and untrue statement - funnily this has been rebutted numerous times which can only mean you are not reading the forum or following the sequences. you stated that the gun was not legal in Botswana - again you are horribly wrong
The gun is licensed and registered in Botswana - and just so that you know in Botswana prior to a hunt the Government Game Scouts check all paperwork including PH licenses work permits and GUN LICENSES for all guns on the safari including the PH - so please dont perpetuate untruths while trying to proove a point. Leave that tactic to the anti hunters.
If you watch The Outdoor Channel - there is a program called The Big Five - Dangerous GAme of Africa - with Steve Scott - I and my company are on the program regularly - you may even see the DR in the double Buffalo charge one.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think this thread should be renamed "herpes." Nothing can make it go away.

Posts: 12018 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here we go again***Now SBB is saying that the gun was legal. Why did he not send it back to Butch? Butche's tec. says that the gun got the way it was becauses it was not maintained right. SBB says they were useing the gun (last sentence of SBB post) and it worked. How long were they useing the gun? Its sounds like calling Ford and saying your F150 "bit the big one" and you haven"t changed the oil in 10yrs. Could they have just shot themselves in the other foot.

Posts: 538 | Location: North of LA, Peoples Rep. of Calif | Registered: 27 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fat_Albert:
Here we go again***Now SBB is saying that the gun was legal. Why did he not send it back to Butch? Butche's tec. says that the gun got the way it was becauses it was not maintained right. SBB says they were useing the gun (last sentence of SBB post) and it worked. How long were they useing the gun? Its sounds like calling Ford and saying your F150 "bit the big one" and you haven"t changed the oil in 10yrs. Could they have just shot themselves in the other foot.

Fat Albert - your post smaks of just commenting without reading the background - its all been touched on before :
The gun has ALLWAYS BEEN LEGAL , only the comedy club have tried to distract attention away from the issue by falsely assuming the gun was not lefal. As mentioned -not going to get into rehashing - read back for the info to clarify your misconceptions.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fat_Albert:

Fat Albert - the gunsmith did not say the gun got that way from misuse - the sears were wrong , the fire pin to long and the springs not set for recocking - the only user service was not enough grease - again this is in the engine room of the firearm so its unlikely this would have been seviced by myself anyway.