Tools

Searcy responds to Wieland
 Login/Join

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MacD37:
\
Even nice guys have their limit! It wouldn't have taken me half that long to tell him to shove it!

Lets look at it this way and see what you think, putting yourself in the maker's shoes!

The guy buys a double rifle from a client hunter, which has worked fine on the safari. Then because he has no ammo left uses what seems is overloaded, and IMO damages the rifle causing an "OFF FACE" condition and does some damage that the rifle starts doubling. NOW, he contacts the maker who offers to fix the rifle, a service he is not required to offer because of owner caused damage plus the owner is not the original owner, if only the guy sends the rifle to the maker. Since it is a pain in the "A" to ship a rifle out of the country from Africa and get it back, the guy has the gall to expect the maker to come to African to fix the used second hand rifle that "HE" damaged.

In the real world folks, the buyer of a second hand double rifle cannot expect the maker of the rifle to fix damage he himself caused. Also when you buy a used double rifle and it breaks you have someone fix it at your own expense, and you certainly do not trash the maker's reputation because he couldn't come to Africa to fix a rifle you damaged for free, and on your schedule!

You name me one maker of double rifles that would fix a rifle known to have been damaged by a second owner, and do it by flying all the way to Africa to do it free of charge! That's right there isn't one that would do anything other than tell the guy to get it to them for the fix and he would be responsible for freight both ways, and the cost of the repairs! Then if he set out in public to defame the maker, how long do you think it would be if this were Purdey or H&H before they filed suit on him for defamation of character?

I say, at this point, if you want the damage you caused fixed have it done on your own, and cease the defamation or suffer the consequences of that action!

.......................................... BOOM....................... diggin

amen ..

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 39692 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
If I buy the rifle, will Butch come to New Zealand and fix it for me free of cost? Big Grin Wink

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11245 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post

Posts: 68782 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Safaris Botswana Bound
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nakihunter:
About 30 years ago & before that, the NZ rugby team & the South African rugby team used to be the biggest rivals. The skull duggary on the field is legendary. No video replays those days. If the ref did not see you, you gouged eyes, bit ears, squeezed nuts, any thing goes....knee on the face was a famous trick for any new front rower not initiated into real hard rugby. Broken jaws & concussions were a regular affair.

Off the field, the Kiwis are known to be quite reserved and do not get into public arguments. The south African psyche is quite different - they enjoy a public spat. See the history of the various sports teams & administrations - they call each other names in the press, make ridiculous accusation etc. Graeme's namesake the legendary cricketer was in a big tiff with his nephew Shaun Pollock after the 2003 world cup. I was amazed that members of the same family had such a public row. The strange thing is the South Africans always seem to kiss and make up. The team gets together & starts to perform again. I find that absolutely amazing. No other sports team manages to get back to performing well after a big public spat like the South Africans do.

The point I am making is....The internet does not differentiate between cultural etiquette, traditions etc. That is the issue here. You cannot behave like you normally do at your own local rugby club. I respect Ganyana's views on most matters but not on this one....

Graeme, my genuine suggestion is to make up with Butch some how and get your rifle fixed....that is ...if it is more important to you than your ego etc.....It looks like Butch has again offered to fix your rifle if you make peace some how.

you are on the button about South Africans - we go on the boil quick - but if you think we as a nation or as an individual will take Searcy's crap and kiss his ass trust me the only thing that will go up his arse is my foot

Posts: 473 | Location: Botswana | Registered: 29 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jeffeosso:
quote:
\
Even nice guys have their limit! It wouldn't have taken me half that long to tell him to shove it!

Lets look at it this way and see what you think, putting yourself in the maker's shoes!

The guy buys a double rifle from a client hunter, which has worked fine on the safari. Then because he has no ammo left uses what seems is overloaded, and IMO damages the rifle causing an "OFF FACE" condition and does some damage that the rifle starts doubling. NOW, he contacts the maker who offers to fix the rifle, a service he is not required to offer because of owner caused damage plus the owner is not the original owner, if only the guy sends the rifle to the maker. Since it is a pain in the "A" to ship a rifle out of the country from Africa and get it back, the guy has the gall to expect the maker to come to African to fix the used second hand rifle that "HE" damaged.

In the real world folks, the buyer of a second hand double rifle cannot expect the maker of the rifle to fix damage he himself caused. Also when you buy a used double rifle and it breaks you have someone fix it at your own expense, and you certainly do not trash the maker's reputation because he couldn't come to Africa to fix a rifle you damaged for free, and on your schedule!

You name me one maker of double rifles that would fix a rifle known to have been damaged by a second owner, and do it by flying all the way to Africa to do it free of charge! That's right there isn't one that would do anything other than tell the guy to get it to them for the fix and he would be responsible for freight both ways, and the cost of the repairs! Then if he set out in public to defame the maker, how long do you think it would be if this were Purdey or H&H before they filed suit on him for defamation of character?

I say, at this point, if you want the damage you caused fixed have it done on your own, and cease the defamation or suffer the consequences of that action!

amen ..

I AM SORRY BUT YOU HAVE NOT READ BACK TO THE BEGINING OF THIS - THE DAMAGE WAS NOT DONE BY THE HAND LOADS - SEARCY IS THROWING YOU OFF THE SCENT AS TO SAY , FURTHER IN THE ORIGINAL THREAD SOMEONE WITH THE KNOWLEDGE OF GETTINGS GUNS FROM BOTSWANA TO THE USA SPELLS IT OUT - ITS NEAR IMPOSSIBLE TO DO SO LEGALLY - WHY DO YOU THINK SEARCY HAD AN AFRICAN AGENT TO FIX THE PLEHTORA OF PROBLEMS
ALSO I HAD PUT THIS TO BED UNTIL SEARCY REFERED TO ME IN A BAD LIGHT IN ONE OF HIS POSTS - I THEN BROUGHT THIS WHOLE THING UP AGAIN .
FURTHER MANY OF THE PPOSTS SAY I HANDELED THIS BADLY - IF YOU GO BACK YOU WILL SEE I AGREE TO THAT , BUT LETS JUST SAY SEARCY AND HIS ARROGANCE ( AS DISPLAYED WITH OTHER PEOPLE ON THIS FORUM ) JUST GOT THE BOILO METER GOING AGAIN.
SIMPLY PUT HE OFFERED TO FIX IT AS A DECOY

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Funny thing about the nigh on to impossible phone call Ganyana (aka the dung swirler) discusses.

I just called my PH in SA to discuss coming to hunt next year. With my iPhone it cost about seven dollars for ten minutes or so on the phone.

It's $5.99 a month for the International Plan, and you can do it by the month.

So, calling Butch is a non-issue. You will need to substitute "too lazy" or "too stupid" to in place of "can't."

I do have questions for SBB though. I have offered to buy the DR and have it fixed here. You have stated, several times that it is nearly impossible to export a rifle.

So:

1. How did you manage to (legally) acquire said rifle from a client from another country?
2. I have always heard, and seen on two trips to Africa (Zimbabwe and RSA); that the Customs people check firearms very carefully. And,
that, should your firearms and the customs form not match you run the risk of going to jail until the issue is sorted out. How did the
client get out of the country without the rifle?

Because, if that client did manage to leave the country without the rifle, there is a simple way for the rifle to leave as well.

This gets curiouser and curiouser...

regards,

Rich
DRSS

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Butch Searcy:
The reason that my forman is going is due to a back problem I'm experiencing.
And Peter, if you think you can fix it fine but I know exactly what the problem is and it will require welding up the bites on the barrels and refitting. I also have arranged to due this at a welding shop in maun. And with a new gunshop there as well.
My forman is still going to be there to provide maintance on a couple of rifles belonging to PH's there.
I've gone to great expense and effort to take care of Graeme.
I will continue to take care of all my customers and even second hand customers but I will not help anyone with the same charactor as Graeme. And to all you that think I'm wrong on this subject believe me I don't want your business ever.
If Graeme wants his Rifle fixed he had better get on here and kiss up to my satisfaction. And we all know that won't happen.

BULL DUST SEARCY - YOU HAVE NOT SPENT A CENT HELPING ME OUT IN ANYWAY - WHAT EXPENCE HAVE YOU GONE THROUGH AND WHAT EFFORT - JUST ANOTHER DECOY - FOLKS THAT IS PURE BS - A NEW GUN SHOP IN MAUN - HELL THATS NEWS TO ME - HERE IS WHAT I HAVE FOUND OUT ABOUT THE FIREARM - ITS THE SPRINGS ON THE FIREING PINS - THEY ARE NOT RIGHT AND ONCE FIRED REMAIN SLIGHTLY OUT HENCE THE LOCK UP AFTER BEING FIRED - THEN ONCE COOL THEY RETURN SLIGHTLY BUT NOT COMPLETELY - SO THEY DISCHARGE WHEN CLOSED AGAIN. DOUBLE AD.

THE OTHER THROW OFF THE SCENT OF SEARCY'S IS THAT IT WAS OPERATOR AND RELOADS - SUGGEST YOU REREAD MY STATEMENT - I DID TRY FACTORY LOADS AND HAD A FEW GOOD SHOTS THROUGH BUT THEN EVEN THE KYNOCHS FROZE UP THE FIREARM.

AND YOU ARE RIGHT THERE WILL BE VERY LITTLE IN THE FORM OF ASS KISS FROM THIS SIDE.

AS TO ANYBODY WHO I MAY HAVE PUT OFF I APOLOGIZE - I RUN HOT EASILY AND ITS ONE OF MY MANY FAULTS . I WILL BE IN RENO AND SCI AND CHARLOTTE AT GRAY AND KELLI THORNTONS CONVENTION AND I INVITE YOU TO A BEER (OR MANY - I CAN PROUDLY SAY AFRICANS LIKE BEER) AND IF YOU ARE STILL OF THE OPINION THAT I AM A JACKASS AND OUT OF LINE - I WILL BUY YOU MORE BEER.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have just put meeting you at the top of my "Things To Do" list for Reno.

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Idaho Sharpshooter:
Funny thing about the nigh on to impossible phone call Ganyana (aka the dung swirler) discusses.

I just called my PH in SA to discuss coming to hunt next year. With my iPhone it cost about seven dollars for ten minutes or so on the phone.

It's $5.99 a month for the International Plan, and you can do it by the month.

So, calling Butch is a non-issue. You will need to substitute "too lazy" or "too stupid" to in place of "can't."

I do have questions for SBB though. I have offered to buy the DR and have it fixed here. You have stated, several times that it is nearly impossible to export a rifle.

So:

1. How did you manage to (legally) acquire said rifle from a client from another country?
2. I have always heard, and seen on two trips to Africa (Zimbabwe and RSA); that the Customs people check firearms very carefully. And,
that, should your firearms and the customs form not match you run the risk of going to jail until the issue is sorted out. How did the
client get out of the country without the rifle?

Because, if that client did manage to leave the country without the rifle, there is a simple way for the rifle to leave as well.

This gets curiouser and curiouser...

regards,

Rich
DRSS

IDAHOE NOT SO SHARP SHOOTER - MAN WE WENT OVER THIS WITH YOU ON THE OTHER THREAD SO THIS IS BOREING - BUT ANYWAY BOTSWANA ISSUED AN IMPORT FROM OVERSEAS PERMIT ( NOT A BOTSWANA TO USA PERMIT ) IT IS THE USA CUSTOMS FOR AN IMPORT WHERE THE PROBLEM LIES - AGAIN GO TO THE ORIGINAL THREAD IT WAS SPELT OUT BY SOMEONE WITH EXPERTISE ON THIS ISSUE. AND AS MENTIONED IN THE PRIVATE THREAD WE HAD A LAWYER LOOK AT IT AND HE TOLD US EXACTLY WHAT WAS POSTED BY THE OTHER PERSON.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have just put meeting you at the top of my "Things To Do" list for Reno.

GREAT SEE YOU THERE - WE ARE RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE MAIN HALL - WE WILL BE THE BOOTH WITH TWO PEOPLE IN IT - ONE WITH A RIFLE UP THE JACK AND ANOTHER WITH A FOOT UP THE JACK ?? I AM SEEING THE HUMOUR FINALY

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Guys
I dont get it - through all the mud and dung - all I ever wanted was advise on how to fix a gun that was not working well - we had allready established that the gun could not go back to the USA ( this century) .
All this talk about phone calls etc - you forget I went personaly to Butch in person and tried to get help/information , I only recieved any assistance once it was forced from posts on this forum - not this thread - this thread is a spill over from the thread that actualy dealt with this dispute . So a lot of people joining in have missed the background which is on the other thread which as I stated before I thought had gone to sleep as unresolved - only months later on this thread di Searcy offer to help - not on the original thread - he posted some info once that thread started exploding as has this one.
I repeat - all I ever wanted was information on how to get the gun fixed - I never expected Searcy to do it himself as I could not get the gun to him - I just wanted to be refereed to his African agent or another local competent gunsmith.
I agree 1000% with many of the posts - I should have kept calm and stayed professional , but you may have noticed even other posters started cool and then took exception to the ridicule they recieved for commenting.
Anyway it was fun
Graeme Pollock

posted Hide Post
Graeme,

After six years of acrimony and frustration, may I make a suggestion?

If you are coming to the States for the hunting conventions, bring the rifle with you to a show that Butch will also attend.

Arrange for yourself a hunting license, which would permit you to import the rifle into the U.S. temporarily.

Chances are that, by prior arrangement, Butch would, at a minimum, check the rifle out. Two adults should be able to work something out regarding the repair(s) needed.

As the second owner of a rifle with a warranty limited to the lifetime of the original owner, Butch would be under no legal obligation to repair the rifle at no charge. However, based on the attestations of his other customers, it sounds like he would try to assist you as much as he could.

As an aside, I consider it unreasonable in the extreme to think that Butch would have to navigate the Botswana bureaucracy to arrange transport of the rifle from Bots to the States and back.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not to bring this thread back to the original issue; Terry Wieland, but I heard a very funny story about the real reason he and Geoff Miller are on the outs. Obviously I cannot get either of the two parties to verify it, although Geoff might.

Anyway, Wieland was supposedly living with this attractive young female artist in her home. There was a spat and she threw him out, bag and baggge.
She then took up with Miller...

That would do it for me.

I repeat, this is just a rumor I heard. But it is a funny one.

Rich

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Safaris Botswana Bound:
quote:
Originally posted by jeffeosso:
quote:
\

amen ..

I AM SORRY BUT YOU HAVE NOT READ BACK TO THE BEGINING OF THIS - THE DAMAGE WAS NOT DONE BY THE HAND LOADS - SEARCY IS THROWING YOU OFF THE SCENT AS TO SAY , FURTHER IN THE ORIGINAL THREAD SOMEONE WITH THE KNOWLEDGE OF GETTINGS GUNS FROM BOTSWANA TO THE USA SPELLS IT OUT - ITS NEAR IMPOSSIBLE TO DO SO LEGALLY - WHY DO YOU THINK SEARCY HAD AN AFRICAN AGENT TO FIX THE PLEHTORA OF PROBLEMS
ALSO I HAD PUT THIS TO BED UNTIL SEARCY REFERED TO ME IN A BAD LIGHT IN ONE OF HIS POSTS - I THEN BROUGHT THIS WHOLE THING UP AGAIN .
FURTHER MANY OF THE PPOSTS SAY I HANDELED THIS BADLY - IF YOU GO BACK YOU WILL SEE I AGREE TO THAT , BUT LETS JUST SAY SEARCY AND HIS ARROGANCE ( AS DISPLAYED WITH OTHER PEOPLE ON THIS FORUM ) JUST GOT THE BOILO METER GOING AGAIN.
SIMPLY PUT HE OFFERED TO FIX IT AS A DECOY

I have been sideways with Butch before -- it was 99% due to me, and the other 1% wasn't butch.

I've delt with the man personally.. sat and chatted with him for hours.. and frankly, the bad blood was my own doing...

i suggest you do the same.. if it can't come back to the us, then forget about it.

However, I will invite you to my lease to hunt, and you can bring it with you

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 39692 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here is the link to the beginning of this dispute.

http://forums.accuratereloadin...=260104625#260104625

I found it quite enlightening to go back and actually read both parties first few statements about this issue. Pay close attention to the statements regarding the ammo used since this seems to be in dispute.

Graeme, Why don't you post a link to cell phone video of you firing the rifle and the problem with opening the action when the gun is hot. Also post a close up photo of the bites (which Butch stated were likely rounded off) and the firing pins you believe are causing the problem? Then all of us would have a better idea of the problem and condition of the gun.

When the buffalo are gone we will hunt mice, for we are hunters, and we want our freedom---Sitting Bull

.470 Chapuis double; 9.3x74R Mathelon triple; 30-06 Winchester O/U

Posts: 105 | Location: Rockville, MD USA | Registered: 10 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by goshoot:
Here is the link to the beginning of this dispute.

http://forums.accuratereloadin...=260104625#260104625

I found it quite enlightening to go back and actually read both parties first few statements about this issue. Pay close attention to the statements regarding the ammo used since this seems to be in dispute.

Graeme, Why don't you post a link to cell phone video of you firing the rifle and the problem with opening the action when the gun is hot. Also post a close up photo of the bites (which Butch stated were likely rounded off) and the firing pins you believe are causing the problem? Then all of us would have a better idea of the problem and condition of the gun.

Hi - you know I have had enormous private messages of support and in each one I apologize for coming out badly - so as much as I would like to continue responding to each message - we are chasing our tail - I dont know how to post the things you ask, but if you think that will be a topic of sensible debate versus personal attacks - please advise how we can do it otherwise if you send me a private message with a contact address I can post or email pictures.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GeorgeS:As the second owner of a rifle with a warranty limited to the lifetime of the original owner, Butch would be under no legal obligation to repair the rifle at no charge. However, based on the attestations of his other customers, it sounds like he would try to assist you as much as he could.

As an aside, I consider it unreasonable in the extreme to think that Butch would have to navigate the Botswana bureaucracy to arrange transport of the rifle from Bots to the States and back.

George

George -
Thank you for your comments - I fully agree with you Butch is not under legal obligation to repair the gun neither do I expect him to get the gun to his office - I have never said that and never expected it . All I sought was verbal advise or help with a recommended gunsmith - or a clue to why the gun was not up to standard - none of this was forthcoming - and again I went and saw Butch in person - not over the phone or email - and expressed right up front I could not get the gun back to the USA.
No help came until I raised this on AR and the thread exploded - then I finaly recieved some advise.
So yes when you read this thread it looks like a nursery school yard squabble - not adults trying to converse.
And its so easy to follow the leader and behave like children - and if you look through out this forum there are many such threads and attacks - and the thread becomes childish - you will also notice the same posters most of the time as well.

As to the temp import - again i understood this to be part of the 17 forms as explained on the previuos original thread.

Thank you for the invite and if I could reciprocate - I have a game ranch in Botswana next to the concession and if you are ever in this part of the world with a day or 2 and a space on your wall for a Kudu head - please give me a call - and would enjoy your company ( mandatory beer and kudu fillets ) .

One of Us
posted Hide Post
So Graeme,
This has just gotten crazy. Call Johan Calitz office the 8th of Oct. to make arrangements to get your rifle fixed. But first remove it from your posterior. Just kidding, Ha!!!!!!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Graeme,

posts of "Private Support" are like peeing your pants whilst wearing black jeans. You get a nice, warm, comfortable sense of relief; but no one else knows.

People bashing you and supporting Butch, right down the the wire; those are here in public.

Thank you Butch...

Rich

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have learned two things on this thread

1. As soon as I can afford it I am ordering a rifle from Butch

2.Would enjoy having a beer and a talk with SBB

Life just aint never simple.

SSR

Posts: 6725 | Location: central Texas | Registered: 05 August 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Graeme,

posts of "Private Support" are like peeing your pants whilst wearing black jeans. You get a nice, warm, comfortable sense of relief; but no one else knows.

People bashing you and supporting Butch, right down the the wire; those are here in public.

Thank you Butch...

Rich

Well I would still hunt with Graeme and I would still buy a rifle from Butch. I think they are both men who speak their mind and the "trial by internet" got out of hand. I am looking forward to a postive report on the rifle being repaired.

NRA
CRPA
DRSS

Posts: 598 | Location: Texas/CA | Registered: 18 October 2006Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
quote:
George -
Thank you for the invite and if I could reciprocate - I have a game ranch in Botswana next to the concession and if you are ever in this part of the world with a day or 2 and a space on your wall for a Kudu head - please give me a call - and would enjoy your company ( mandatory beer and kudu fillets ) .

That sounds very nice, Graeme. Do you have a double rifle I could borrow? sofa Big Grin

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
For God's sake Graeme please drop the gun off with Calitz. It'll either be fixed or Butch's bluff will be called and we can finally put this thread to bed.

Posts: 1903 | Location: Greensburg, Pa. | Registered: 09 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Graeme,
Has it been fun. We have given so much and entertainment that we should charge for this.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
TerryR,

was that an ego-crusher when that woman threw you out of her house and transferred her affections to Geoff Miller?

Rich

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Graeme,

Thanks for your kind and informative PM.

Here's my take after reading each and every post on this thread, and having no bull in the fight.=====There are way too many things that both you and Butch have to offer to the hunting community and to the causes for which we all stand. We are in this together, and need to work together to ensure our lifestyles and hunting freedoms are not diminished by those who are our true adversaries.===Let me start by giving credit where credit is due:

As Craig B. so eloquently put it earlier, we have much to thank Butch Searcy for in the resurgence of the double rifle. The market has changed drastically since his infusion into the product line years ago. We now have options, and affordable options for DR's. Americans are much more attracted to DR's and the great history and advantages of them, thanks to Butch and a few others. Butch's guns may not be for everyone, but I feel assured there are many more happy customers than unsatified customers. And for those who are not completely happy or have suggestions for improvement, I believe Butch will be willing to work with you to fix your problems and make better products in the future. Preferences in rifles are like everything else, we all have ours, and we generally think we're right.

And Graeme, it is obvious from your efforts in the fight against the ridiculous claims of LionAid, that your heart in where it should be regarding our sporting traditions. In fact, it appears you are the sole soldier in this battle against this uninformed and zealous group that wants to stop all lion hunting, and I am sure they will expand their influence to all hunting in general.

My point: Stop the bickering. Contact each other, find a viable solution for the both of you, and do it in private, not here where it seems everything becomes venomous. You guys are brothers in arms in our sport, business, and way of life. Find a fix, and let's move on.

There's plenty of room in the woods or on the plains for all of us.

Mike

JP Sauer Drilling 12x12x9.3x72
David Murray Scottish Hammer 12 Bore
Alex Henry 500/450 Double Rifle
Steyr Classic Mannlicher Fullstock 6.5x55
Steyr Classic Mannlicher Fullstock .30-06
Walther PPQ H2 9mm
Walther PPS M2
Cogswell & Harrison Hammer 12 Bore Damascus
And Too Many More

Posts: 1857 | Location: Chattanooga, TN | Registered: 10 August 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Idaho not-so sharpshooter
remember: Always verify your target before you shoot.
I am not Terry Weiland, I am Terry Reese, hence TerryR. Had you bothered to do a search on me you could have made sure that I was the proper target before you started shooting. If this is an example of how you do your homework before you venture an opinion I doubt that many will take you seriously.

Terry Reese, TerryR

Posts: 1903 | Location: Greensburg, Pa. | Registered: 09 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
wieland's middle initial is "R".

There are a number of people who post on here that choose to list an address not close to their actual time zone, let alone state of residence.

I assumed he was the only asshole on here named TerryR...

Obviously, I was in error.

My sincerest apologies.

Rich
DRSS

one of us
posted Hide Post
Rich
I accept your sincerest apologies in the spirit with which they were proffered.

TerryR

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Seriously, no offense meant, and my true apologies to you.

jumping jumping jumping

I am in error at times.

Rich
space

<Andrew cempa>
posted
Sooo, this was really a cleverly constructed marketing effort on the part of our two principals??? Great idea!

Great read and learned a thing or two.

Best;

one of us
posted Hide Post
No offense taken Rich
Hope to lift a glass with you at DSC or SCI, whichever one I go to this year.

TerryR

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Make it Reno if you can.

Are you going to make it to the Hoot-n-Shoot next month?

Rich

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Butch - we recieved over 15 000 reads - not bad for a kindergarden squabble - for which I again apologize for looking like the kid who's icecream fell on the playfield.

I will contact Johan's office on the 8th with a view to dropping off my lamp shade as Idaho not so sharp shooter calls it , and will be the first to report back on the return of this DR to its full glory.

The tantrums were real ( for those thinking this was a rogue marketing ploy ).

One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Butch - we recieved over 15 000 reads - not bad for a kindergarden squabble - for which I again apologize for looking like the kid who's icecream fell on the playfield.

I will contact Johan's office on the 8th with a view to dropping off my lamp shade ... and will be the first to report back on the return of this DR to its full glory.

That is excellent and I look forward to a photo of the handshake and a lifted glass of spirits when all is said and done. beer

NRA Lifer; DSC Lifer; SCI member; DRSS; AR member since November 9 2003

Don't Save the best for last, the smile for later or the "Thanks" for tomorow

Posts: 3465 | Location: In the Shadow of Griffin&Howe | Registered: 24 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
OK ,

its 15h30 pm , at 0800 am I called Johan Calitz's office and asked to speak to Butch's gunsmith - I was told his name is Jerimiah and he arrived in Maun on the 7th but was busy with Johans firearms and so he could not come to the phone - I left a message with my telephone number and asked for Jerimiah to call me when he got the chance.
At 15h30 pm ( 3.30 pm ) I called Johans office and asked to speak to Jerimiah - I introduced myself and asked if Butch Searcy had explained who I was and why I was calling - he told me NO he did not know who I was nor had he been told anything about my situation. Jerimiah did ask me what the problem was and I told him about the problems , he kindly told me he would not be able to look at my gun until possibly monday or tuesday next week and that it was unlikely he would get the time to look at the gun and if he could it was also unlikely that he would be able to do anything. Please be aware he realy is a nice and helpfull guy keen to help - he just had not been informed about my situation and most certainly was not expecting my call.
I have also sent Butch a email asking him maybe to ask Jerimiah if there was any chance of him looking at the gun - all I would need is to identify the problem correctly - I could then see if any of the local african gunsmiths could help to fix it.
Graeme Pollock

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Graeme, You are a whiner, I just spoke to My man and informed him once again about you. Call back Mon. and he'll make arrangements to get your rifle fixed, and stop the whinning. With the limited resources there I can assure you he will fix you up if he can.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
it would be easier to just have him shoot graeme wouldn't it?

Rich
DRSS

One of Us
posted Hide Post
tu2 tu2+++++++1 yuck

Posts: 3818 | Location: kenya, tanzania,RSA,Uganda or Ethophia depending on day of the week | Registered: 27 May 2009Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I honestly donot know what all the fuss is about, I do not know either of these Gentlemen...and have only just got into doubles... but have been hunting for more than 30 years and in the profesional game now for more then ten... MANY PH's in SA and ZIM, and these same PH's work in Tanzania... use Searcy's without much problems.. a good friend of mine had an issue with regulating his, he was sent to a local guy in SA who sorted it out in a week..... I borowed one in Zim this year... (500 nitro) and it was perfect and digested the worst reloads I have ever seen... Im hoping this 500 will become mine soon... beats me what the fuss is about cause there is enough proof out there....

Posts: 18 | Location: RSA | Registered: 01 October 2010Reply With Quote