Find
Notify
Tools

Searcy responds to Wieland
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
When I got it I was very pleased with all aspects of the gun except it didn't come with a front sight!

...just wondering how the barrels would have been regulated without a front sight...

one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
Afrique, This little disagreement with you started out on a bad note for several reasons. One was timing on your part no matter the subject of opinion you had on the subject matter. I don't think it is good form to walk into the door as a first time guest with a blanket condemnation of everyone in sight! What did you expect to be the outcome of that action?

You say you were pointed to this website by a friend who told you there was a wealth of knowledge on big bore rifles, and African hunting on this site. It seems to me; your first post was designed to prove that concept to be false with the post you chose to write about.

You will not be voted off this website, because this is the most liberal website you will find on the world net, where even the most ill mannered guests are allowed to spew without censorship! I think it would be a good idea to go back out the door, walk around the block a few times, then come back in and look for a subject that you find more to your liking so your posts will be a little more positive. First impressions are the mark that is chiseled in the stone of a group, and one that is less than desirable, is a hard impression to overcome once chiseled. I can tell you confrontation as you walk into a party will not fill your dance card with anything but confrontation, and the party will not be one you will enjoy unless confrontation is what you are after!

How about we start over here, and drop this stirring of sh*t, because the more you stir the more it smells!

Afrique, you may do as you wish, but IMO your bolting through the door with boxing gloves on was not the best enterance you could have made!

...................... coffee We don't suffer trolls well here! If that is what you want to be your tag, fine! If not, I think a little more deplomacy might work wonders!

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Boddington just brought this thread to my attention and I have scanned it very quickly. I will say this, Butch builds a hell of an affordable, accurate double rifle in my humble opinion. I have enjoyed using and owning a Searcy .470 for years on everything from bull elephant in Africa to feral hogs in Texas. In the African outfitting business I see lots of different doubles in our camps and regularly find that Butch's doubles are more accurately regulated than many of the older British guns that Terry is so fond of. The only double that shoots good? No, but a hell of a dependable rifle. Over the last few years I have had the chance to shoot a ton of doubles, from.22 long rifle to .700 Nitro , from most of the old and new makers. I will say that my Searcy, and all of the many other Searcy doubles I get to shoot are consistantly well regulated rifles who's owners bought and keep them for a reason.
I am glad to see Butch come out on AR, as well as so many fellow hunters who ese and enjoy his products. As for TW, he sure has a knack for pissing people in my industry off. Add me to the list of folks who have seen about enough of his show.

Dave Fulson

Posts: 1467 | Registered: 20 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DoubleDon
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MacD37:
Afrique, This little disagreement with you started out on a bad note for several reasons. One was timing on your part no matter the subject of opinion you had on the subject matter. I don't think it is good form to walk into the door as a first time guest with a blanket condemnation of everyone in sight! What did you expect to be the outcome of that action?

You say you were pointed to this website by a friend who told you there was a wealth of knowledge on big bore rifles, and African hunting on this site. It seems to me; your first post was designed to prove that concept to be false with the post you chose to write about.

You will not be voted off this website, because this is the most liberal website you will find on the world net, where even the most ill mannered guests are allowed to spew without censorship! I think it would be a good idea to go back out the door, walk around the block a few times, then come back in and look for a subject that you find more to your liking so your posts will be a little more positive. First impressions are the mark that is chiseled in the stone of a group, and one that is less than desirable, is a hard impression to overcome once chiseled. I can tell you confrontation as you walk into a party will not fill your dance card with anything but confrontation, and the party will not be one you will enjoy unless confrontation is what you are after!

How about we start over here, and drop this stirring of sh*t, because the more you stir the more it smells!

Afrique, you may do as you wish, but IMO your bolting through the door with boxing gloves on was not the best enterance you could have made!

...................... coffee We don't suffer trolls well here! If that is what you want to be your tag, fine! If not, I think a little more deplomacy might work wonders!

Mac

What is it they say.....When you find yourself deep in a hole, STOP DIGGING!!!!!

Don

Deo Vindice,

Don

Sons of Confederate Veterans Black Horse Camp #780

Posts: 1706 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 01 February 2009Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Mac, Thank you for your comment and I understand the sentiment. You are right in your counsel I will back off and walk round the block then read the posts for a while and decide whether this site is something I want to pursue.

I can't help feeling piqued to some extent though, by some of the viral comments. I just find it difficult to walk by and watch someone getting kicked by all and sundry. Weighing in for the other guy seemed the right thing to do then, and I still believe that now. I admit this attitude has got me a few whacks over the years and probably will do in the future. C'est la vie.

It could be that my style and choice of language is not going to go down well on this site, in which case I'll head for pastures new. Let's see.

Posts: 8 | Location: England | Registered: 14 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think it was said in this thread that the word "cheap" can taken in more than one context. It is a better approach to use inexpensive if that is your suggestion.
That just may have de fused this war of words from the beginning.
Expense is a relative term; not well defined in itself.
There are quite a few folks around here that save a long time to buy a $10K gun. It may mean quite a bit more to them than Bill Gates buying himself a Purdy.

Posts: 3256 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Afrique:
Mac, Thank you for your comment and I understand the sentiment. You are right in your counsel I will back off and walk round the block then read the posts for a while and decide whether this site is something I want to pursue.

I can't help feeling piqued to some extent though, by some of the viral comments. I just find it difficult to walk by and watch someone getting kicked by all and sundry. Weighing in for the other guy seemed the right thing to do then, and I still believe that now. I admit this attitude has got me a few whacks over the years and probably will do in the future. C'est la vie.

It could be that my style and choice of language is not going to go down well on this site, in which case I'll head for pastures new. Let's see.

Perhaps you can do like most of us have over the course of time. Watch, read, study, and learn. Contribute what you can based upon first hand knowledge. Proven credibility and first hand knowledge goes a long way in my book when seeking opinions.
Over the course of many years here I have learned from people way more experienced than I am.

Not to rub salt, but I based my decision to order a Searcy after talking with four different people who actually owned one. Several guys pm'ed me telling me to stay away from them but none could back up their comments by telling me they actually owned one and what was wrong with the rifle. Cheap? I am retired enlisted from the USAF and it took a great deal of scraping and selling off a few guns to be able to afford the Searcy. $10,000 for a rifle still seems like a stretch to me. But I am hopelessly in love with hunting with doubles after owning my Chapuis. Now, if someone gave me a couple of million or some long lost relative died and mentioned me in their will I would most likely take 100k and buy myself a 450/400 and a 500 Nitro and a 450/400 and a 450 NE for my son and they would all be Searcy's except one which would be a Heym because the Field Grade is now discontinued. I hear Heym's are nice rifles as well and would like to try one at some point. There are no safe queens at our house. Rifles are tools to use and I never heard anyone claim a Searcy was not accurate.
When anyone tells me + or - info I always ask this question "How do you know this to be true"? The question often surprises people. So before posting anything here I ask myself the same question and make sure I can answer it before giving advice.

Anyhow, welcome to the forum. I hope we all can learn from your experiences down the road.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6644 | Location: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would submit that rather than "cheap," or even "inexpensive," that the word "value" would be more descriptive. I think that Butch's rifles represent real value for the dollar spent.

Posts: 1981 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: 22 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
quote:
A friend of mine told me to look at this site because I might find it interesting and because, he said, it was filled with folks who knew about guns and had an opinion and might appreciate some debate.

Charging in to stand up for your friends, are you?

quote:

And what do I find? A big bunch of nasty bigots. . .

I can't remember when I've felt so warm and fuzzy about an Frack'n NG.

quote:
What I won't do, because I think it's gutless, witless, clueless, brainless and pointless is just put my brain in neutral and agree whatever is being said: I think people do that because they just can't be bothered to reach into themselves.

Afrique,
Apparently your already have by not knowing anything about Searcy or his rifles!

I did take note of your vast experience. It exceeds mine by quite a bit. I however note that apparently you have failed to learn anything about common courtesy.

Just my opine!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
Afrique's experience exceeds mine, too. Anyone want to buy a Searcy "cheap"?

JudgeG ... just counting time 'til I am again finding balm in Gilead chilled out somewhere in the Selous.

Posts: 7710 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Afrique you have a Merkel? Comparing a Merkel to a Searcy is like arguing about ford or a chevy. A complete waste of time.

Posts: 1293 | Location: N.J | Registered: 16 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ernest,

I got $500 CASH MONEY for that Afrique-defined cheap ass POS!!! YANKEE DOLLARS!!! The USPS can have it at your front door by 2pm tomorrow, along with an FFL here in Idaho. Heck, I'm a fool for those cheap doubles; I'll make it $550 and you can ship it Priority Mail!
You can't do much better than that these days...

Rich
CASH MONEY, but the offer is only good until 10am EST.

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Idaho Sharpshooter:
Ernest,

I got $500 CASH MONEY for that Afrique-defined cheap ass POS!!! YANKEE DOLLARS!!! The USPS can have it at your front door by 2pm tomorrow, along with an FFL here in Idaho. Heck, I'm a fool for those cheap doubles; I'll make it $550 and you can ship it Priority Mail!
You can't do much better than that these days...

Rich
CASH MONEY, but the offer is only good until 10am EST.

Send cash to:
Roger Nelammo
Thrift Ibo Bank
Retundu, Nigeria

The funds will release the money that Mr. Nelammo's uncle left to him. I must get the money to Nigeria to show "good faith" or I'll miss out the opportunity to get my 25% of the $20,000,000.00 that's deposited in a bank in Lagos and can't be released until the $500 gets there. I get the percentage for helping Mr. Nelammo because he is in trouble in Nigeria for some political sin or another. I believe he bought a Merkel or an H&H or a Blaser or a Searcy or something important, like that.

I learned of this opportunity from a guy who has been to Africa and has 25 years of hunting experience. You got to believe he knows of what he speaks, unlike me.

Or you can just buy me a drink the next time I see you.... I'll be sure to bring the Searcy in my carry on. I read in Terry's book that I could. It must be the Gospel if he wrote it.

Leaving on March 3rd with a cheap p.o.s. Can't wait!

JudgeG ... just counting time 'til I am again finding balm in Gilead chilled out somewhere in the Selous.

Posts: 7710 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
yuck

Idaho…I said I paid $500 for a Searcy…I didn’t sell it for $500…I am, after all, Scottish! Wink

However, in your price range I have a very nice ‘African’ model double that I collected off a poacher a few years ago. Locks are marked ‘Tower’… Big Grin

And yes, I agree with Dave…500/416 is the best big bore cartridge for a double

And Afrique…you’ll learn most of us are passionate about our sport and our guns…we are less passionate about people, and try never to be dogmatic unless we are jumping to conclusions.

Posts: 3026 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
we are less passionate about people, and try never to be dogmatic unless we are jumping to conclusions.

I didn't know Zimbabweans were so familiar with the boomerang. rotflmo Better Duck Ganyana, that one is on its way back.

Free 500grains

Posts: 4900 | Location: Chevy Chase, Md. | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Safaris Botswana Bound
posted Hide Post
I thought a long time about entering this fray as I saw the same response I got to one of my previuos posts , so will decline - this forum is not a place for open debate unless you have thick skin and are immune to criticism - as one day I hope to get my BS .500 NE DR repaired.
But I have since purchased another .500 NE in a Blaser which although not a pure double has been great shooting but as I consistently have said - not as accurate as the Searcy , at the SCI Reno 2010 convention 2 friends and I purchased 3 krighoff's = 500.416 , 470 and a 450.400 , time will tell which makes for the best as a PH back up - I have surpassed the 100 elephant hunt mark and my opinion is the .416 Remington remains a firm star in the elephant kill department. With TBBC sledgehammers.
A hunter arriving with that combination always makes me smile with appreciation.
Afrique - are you safrique - the company in Mozambique ? before jumping in you should have tested the water. You are on hallow ground here.

Posts: 473 | Location: Botswana | Registered: 29 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Afrique:

MY SON HAS A GREAT SAYING HE STOLE FROM THE MOVIE BARNYARD - HE IS JUST 7 YEARS OLD -
A GOOD MAN STANDS UP FOR HIMSELF AND A GREAT MAN STANDS UP FOR OTHERS .

AFTER THE DSC CONVENTION - WE ATTENDED THE FORTWORTH STOCKYARDS SHOW AND DISNEY - DISNEY WAS A MISS AND THE RODEO AND STOCKYARDS WERE A MASSIVE HIT - PHOTOS ON MY FACEBOOK PAGE - UNDER PHOTO ALBUMS : GRAEME BRUCE POLLOCK.

One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Safaris Botswana MY SON HAS A GREAT SAYING HE STOLE FROM THE MOVIE BARNYARD - HE IS JUST 7 YEARS OLD -
A GOOD MAN STANDS UP FOR HIMSELF AND A GREAT MAN STANDS UP FOR OTHERS .

It sounds like he's off to a great start for a little guy!

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

Rhyme of the Sheep Hunter
May fordings never be too deep, And alders not too thick; May rock slides never be too steep And ridges not too slick.
And may your bullets shoot as swell As Fred Bear's arrow's flew; And may your nose work just as well As Jack O'Connor's too.
May winds be never at your tail When stalking down the steep; May bears be never on your trail When packing out your sheep.
May the hundred pounds upon you Not make you break or trip; And may the plane in which you flew Await you at the strip.
-Seth Peterson

Posts: 4551 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 21 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Afrique, sir, hang around AR for a bit. I've not the remotest idea where the truth of the matter lies(about Mr. Wieland, not about you)but, free advice being worth precisely its cost, a touch of subtlety might have served you better. Or not.

And, don't worry about the flames. You simply would not believe the invective heaped on me once upon a time on another forum for suggeting that:
1. CRF is not the be-all and end-all for every bolt rifle on earth; and,
2. In the real world, a godd quality cast receiver is as reliable as a forged receiver; and, worst of all,
3. There is a place for laminated stocks.

The Horror! The Horror!

Hang around.

Posts: 490 | Location: middle tennessee | Registered: 11 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mauser93,
You have started a storm now!!!!
ARGHHHHH!!! All of the sacred cows are dead!!!!

Anyway, I have no opinion on Searcy vs. Heym vs. Rigby's from California or England (fake or not) - but what I do regard highly is using a tool fit for purpose. Pick one, make an informed decision and be happy with your purchase...

Posts: 10372 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Credibility check on Aisle 4 for Safaris Botswana Bound:

http://forums.accuratereloadin...=260104625#260104625

SCI Life Member
DSC Life Member

Posts: 2018 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 20 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Manion:

Yes, interesting.

Posts: 3191 | Location: Victoria, Australia | Registered: 01 March 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Is it just me or is our overly dogmatic friend Afrique calling the Searcy rifle cheap(inexpensive) while he himself owns a K-gun? When in fact the Searcy is depending on the model at a higher retail price point?

The base model classic is way more than a K-gun. I guess he didn't know that? Because he is in fact the one shooting the cheaper (less expensive) rifle.

One of Us
Picture of MikeBurke
posted Hide Post
Actually he stated he owns a Merkel which I believe is even cheaper (Mac you know I mean less expensive) than the K-Gun.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
...and we all know that a firearm that costs more than another firearm is always the better firearm, yes?

Posts: 490 | Location: middle tennessee | Registered: 11 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
mauser93,

you would be well advised to place your bets that way about 99% of the time.
Of course, you are posting a preference for the M1893 Mauser over other models like the 1898; so we do have to take that into consideration don't we...

regards,

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MikeBurke
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mauser93:
...and we all know that a firearm that costs more than another firearm is always the better firearm, yes?

Absolutely. Roll Eyes

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mauser93:

Mauser,

Not necessarily but I am simply responding to Mr. Afrique,s non critical thinking process/circular logic here.

This in particular.

quote:
2. Do I have a double rifle? Yes, I have a Merkel 470 NE. I have not owned a Butch Searcy rifle.

(a) I said his rifles were cheap. Well, in terms of double rifles, they are not expensive and they are not priced mid-range, so that makes them cheap. Sorry, inexpensive.

He is calling the Searcy a cheap rifle while he in fact owns an even cheaper (less expensive) rifle.

That's what I was pointing out.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Idaho, not gonna' take the bait. Nope. Nosir. No way.

Aw, what the hell. Empire bolt gun vs. Hartmann & Weiss?

<Andrew cempa>
posted
This thread makes me want to purchase a Searcy DR 470 all the more-what better way to have fun and success at a better price even, than buying what is mocked by those who apparently have never even wrung one out..... I'd guess a major writer would be loaned a sample for the sake of honest empirical testing....

Butch, do you have a payment plan for us sweaty masses who pay our bills, but just don't have the cash to lay out $10 grand all at once....

One of Us
posted Hide Post
This must realy get your goat that a reknown writer backs up what I posted many years ago - and heaven forbid Afrique recognises some of the characters that respond for what they are.
Credibility check - I had a hunter hunt with a Searcy and one of my PH's - at the end of the hunt - I watched on video of the hunt - in horror that the PH ejected the rounds - the hunter go's do that again - he bought the firearm and was never even shown that the double had ejectors - he was under the impression they came with extractors . Mr Manion you remain the first class sphinster I thought you were when I read your first posts as you attacked me for airing a complaint . Wanker.

quote:

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I hope I charged him for the ejectors.

one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Safaris Botswana Bound:
Credibility check - I had a hunter hunt with a Searcy and one of my PH's - at the end of the hunt - I watched on video of the hunt - in horror that the PH ejected the rounds - the hunter go's do that again - he bought the firearm and was never even shown that the double had ejectors - he was under the impression they came with extractors .

SBB,part of you post here has me confused! What does the client not knowing the Searcy had ejectors mean to you? If you are somehow saying Searcy was at fault that this man didn't know the rifle had ejectors, how its this the case? Confused All the features of the rifle are on the order form you fill out when fitted for the rifle!

What it says to me is, the man had the rifle made, and never shot it before going on Safari.
Maybe I'm not reading your post correctly, but I don't understand how this is relevant to the quality, of Searcy rifles? Confused

DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

one of us
Picture of ROSCOE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Safaris Botswana Bound:
This must realy get your goat that a reknown writer backs up what I posted many years ago - and heaven forbid Afrique recognises some of the characters that respond for what they are.
Credibility check - I had a hunter hunt with a Searcy and one of my PH's - at the end of the hunt - I watched on video of the hunt - in horror that the PH ejected the rounds - the hunter go's do that again - he bought the firearm and was never even shown that the double had ejectors - he was under the impression they came with extractors . Mr Manion you remain the first class sphinster I thought you were when I read your first posts as you attacked me for airing a complaint . Wanker.

quote:

I am not sure what you are saying here? Are you saying the Client bought a Searcy and did not know his gun came with Ejectors? If so what is your point?

BTW...I agree that Jim is a Wanker jumping

R. Lee Ermey: "The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle."
We're going to be "gifted" with a health care plan we are forced to purchase and fined if we don't, Which purportedly covers at least ten million more people, without adding a single new doctor, but provides for 16,000 new IRS agents, written by a committee whose chairman says he doesn't understand it, passed by a Congress that didn't read it but exempted themselves from it, and signed by a President, with funding administered by a treasury chief who didn't pay his taxes, for which we'll be taxed for four years before any benefits take effect, by a government which has already bankrupted Social Security and Medicare, all to be overseen by a surgeon general who is obese, and financed by a country that's broke!!!!! 'What the hell could possibly go wrong?'

Posts: 2122 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike70560:
Actually he stated he owns a Merkel which I believe is even cheaper (Mac you know I mean less expensive) than the K-Gun.

I know what you mean Mike, but it is a far better rifle than the K-gun! Big Grin

DRSS Charter member

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

One of Us
Picture of Brando
posted Hide Post
If my military salary coul ever let me afford a rifle built by Butch Searcy...I can say without a doubt I would speak highly of it...

But unless Searcy decides to give me a rifle in the near future I highly doubt I will ever be able to own one of these rifles.

Posts: 468 | Location: Goldsboro, NC. | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Graeme,

I AM WILLING TO TAKE THAT POS OFF OF YOUR HANDS!! SINCE YOU COULDN'T FIGURE HOW TO BRING IT BACK FOR REPAIRS, I WILL BUY IT FROM YOU.
I REPEAT, I WILL BUY THAT CHEAP SEARCY FROM YOU!!

JUST POST HERE HOW MANY YANKEE DOLLARS CASH YOU WANT FOR IT...

IT OBVIOUSLY CAN'T BE WORTH VERY MUCH, BUT I AM WILLING TO START OFF AT $500 CASH MONEY!!!

Get back with me asap, I head for SA in 45-days with my very own Searcy .470 NE.

regards,

Rich
snort: polack!

one of us
Picture of JBoutfishn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Idaho Sharpshooter:
Graeme,

I AM WILLING TO TAKE THAT POS OFF OF YOUR HANDS!! SINCE YOU COULDN'T FIGURE HOW TO BRING IT BACK FOR REPAIRS, I WILL BUY IT FROM YOU.
I REPEAT, I WILL BUY THAT CHEAP SEARCY FROM YOU!!

JUST POST HERE HOW MANY YANKEE DOLLARS CASH YOU WANT FOR IT...

IT OBVIOUSLY CAN'T BE WORTH VERY MUCH, BUT I AM WILLING TO START OFF AT $500 CASH MONEY!!!

Get back with me asap, I head for SA in 45-days with my very own Searcy .470 NE.

regards,

Rich
snort: polack!

Wait, since I own a POS European model, all blued, 470 NE K gun, I will up the offer to US $600, cash money of course. Wink

Jim "Bwana Umfundi"
NRA

Posts: 3014 | Location: State Of Jefferson | Registered: 27 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MikeBurke
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MacD37:
quote:
Originally posted by Mike70560:

I know what you mean Mike, but it is a far better rifle than the K-gun! Big Grin

That is just plain mean and you know those antiquated safeties cannot be trusted. clap

Jim,

My K-gun is all blue, I have not seen many like it.

one of us
Picture of JBoutfishn
posted Hide Post
Mike 70560, I bought it new in January, 2002 from Coast to Coast guns at the SCI convention in Las Vegas. It is a 2000 model marketed in Europe. Really a "plain Jane" with nice wood, fine checkering, and light scroll engraving.

Jim "Bwana Umfundi"
NRA

Posts: 3014 | Location: State Of Jefferson | Registered: 27 March 2002Reply With Quote