THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BIG BORE FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Big Bores    416-458-50 SS-50 B&M Series Cartridges/Rifles
Page 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... 69

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

416-458-50 SS-50 B&M Series Cartridges/Rifles Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
Lol for full tilt 2 bore loads I better get first class airfare and a sexy nurse thrown in Wink

577 BME 3"500 KILL ALL 358 GREMLIN 404-375

*we band of 45-70ers* (Founder)
Single Shot Shooters Society S.S.S.S. (Founder)

Posts: 27595 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of michael458
posted Hide Post
Hey Guys

Been playing with a new website for the B&M rifles and Cartridges.

Check it out, let me know what you think?

http://www.b-mriflesandcartridges.com/

Lot's of fun.

Michael

http://www.b-mriflesandcartridges.com/default.html

The New Word is "Non-Conventional", add "Conventional" to the Endangered Species List!
Live Outside The Box of "Conventional Wisdom"

I do Not Own Any Part of Any Bullet Company, I am not in the Employ Of Any Bullet Company. I do not represent, own stock, nor do I receive any proceeds, or monies from ANY BULLET COMPANY. I am not in the bullet business, and have no Bullets to sell to you, nor anyone else.

Posts: 8426 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: 23 June 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of michael458
posted Hide Post
Oh, OK, Seems it works at the bottom of the post too.

Michael

The New Word is "Non-Conventional", add "Conventional" to the Endangered Species List!

I do Not Own Any Part of Any Bullet Company, I am not in the Employ Of Any Bullet Company. I do not represent, own stock, nor do I receive any proceeds, or monies from ANY BULLET COMPANY. I am not in the bullet business, and have no Bullets to sell to you, nor anyone else.

Posts: 8426 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: 23 June 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Very nice!

I'm still reading ... coffee

Posts: 28032 | Location: KY | Registered: 09 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of michael458
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RIP:
Very nice!

I'm still reading ... coffee

Thanks RIP, I only started it a couple of days ago, so still working on it. So far it looks pretty good. If I missed something, left something out, or have something wrong, do let me know!

I would like to have some photos of your rifle and you if you EVER get it, will put them on the site.

You are the one who had to have the two tone sights! Had to be sent to gun kote I think??? That's all Brian has been waiting on, rifle is done except for that. I have not heard anything this week.

Next week Maybe??? I am looking for my maple 50 next week too! dancing

Michael

one of us
posted Hide Post
Will do! tu2

One of Us
Picture of capoward
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dave Bush:
quote:
Originally posted by boom stick:

The 470 B&M doing 500 @ 2150 in a 6.5 lb gun will be so sweet.

500 grain bullet. 2150 fps. 6.5 pound gun. Eeker

I think you guys are crazy!
lol Dave I can attest that the 7.5 lb M70 50 B&M Long firing a 510gr SST FN Copper Solid @ 2080 fps and a 470gr SST HP Copper @ 2140 fps are not bad at all; and a 500gr Hornady FN SP C&C @ 1908 fps was a fun little practice round!

You definately need to try one of M70 B&Ms and you just might change your mind. Wink

Jim coffee
"Life's hard; it's harder if you're stupid"
John Wayne

Posts: 4954 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 15 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Some basic info on cartridge dimension would be nice and cartridge parentage, on the site. beer

One of Us
Picture of michael458
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by I Bin Therbefor:
Some basic info on cartridge dimension would be nice and cartridge parentage, on the site. beer

Hey IBT

I have been working on getting some pdf documents, but I have not got it right yet! Still working on that sort of thing. I was going to put some basic load data on also with a drawing of the cartridge also, but no joy yet.

Some sort of issues with my documents? Or with my ignorance, one or the other! HEH.

Michael

One of Us
Picture of michael458
posted Hide Post
OK here is what I did on the load data and cartridge drawings

For the ones listed on ammoguide I linked that to the page on each cartridge listed on ammoguide with load data and such!

That should do until I figure out documents.

Michael

One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
What are your thoughts on a 2.45" case for using just the shorter .5" pistol bullets? in a 3" mag short action?

Posts: 27595 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of michael458
posted Hide Post
Boomy

Why of course you could do a 2.45 inch case. The question is why? What would be the purpose of said? Certainly you can do this already in the 2.25 inch 50 B&M, and the 50 Super Short.

Maybe I am not understanding exactly what you are after?

Did you get to shoot the rifles this weekend?

M

One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
Was just thinking of maxing the case capacity with the cheap bullets but I guess you can load out the bullets longer without issue. The weekend proved to be too busy with the family ect over the weekend. Aiming for this weekend. Cant wait! All better and chomping at the bit Cool

One of Us
Picture of michael458
posted Hide Post
Well, yes, you would be correct on the surface maxing capacity, but to no avail. The short pistol bullets can't handle the velocity of the 50 B&M, most of them anyway, so you can already run far more velocity than most can handle to begin with.

I see no reason to "out run" the bullet's capability.

Which ones will hold up to the 50 B&M? 500 Hornady, all the manufactured Non Cons--Barnes X-does not matter if the petals shear or not. Not many more. I really like the 400 Sierra, especially now that Sam made a forming die to round them up, but you really need to keep it at 2000 fps to hold together. Many if not most of the bullets are as that. 50 Super Short, perfect for many of the handgun bullets, can out run a fair portion of them, but for many it's velocities are perfect.

Michael

One of Us
Picture of capoward
posted Hide Post
quote:
You are the one who had to have the two tone sights! Had to be sent to gun kote I think??? That's all Brian has been waiting on, rifle is done except for that.
Rip,

What did you spec on your two tone sights?

Jim coffee
John Wayne

Posts: 4954 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 15 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of michael458
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by capoward:
quote:
You are the one who had to have the two tone sights! Had to be sent to gun kote I think??? That's all Brian has been waiting on, rifle is done except for that.
Rip,

What did you spec on your two tone sights?

RIP

By the way, yesterday afternoon the sights had come back in to Brian! So he is working on it, should be very very soon now!

Photos please, post them up when you get it!

FYI

Michael

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by michael458:
OK here is what I did on the load data and cartridge drawings

For the ones listed on ammoguide I linked that to the page on each cartridge listed on ammoguide with load data and such!

That should do until I figure out documents.

Michael

Is there no end to your gifts and talents? A web site that is actually of some use and can be understood! beer

one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey,
All I wanted was matte-blued or black-Gunkoted sight ramps/bands/hoods ... I just did not want them left in the white ... though I do want the stainless action and barrel just bead blasted matte-stainless ...
I thought it was just a routine sort of request, though I have been fooled before!
Will post pics when I have it. tu2

One of Us
Picture of michael458
posted Hide Post
RIP

The Gunkote is sent out, it's a special process. Don't ask me what it is however, I know crap about it, accept I like hell out of it, and it's as tough as stainless and weather resistant and all that stuff!

One of the new 500 MDMs is a gunkote, I liked it so good I am having my new 458 B&M gunkoted too. The guys in Australia had both those guns gunkoted and the two I am building to go to Australia are going to be gunkoted.

Damn, that's a lot of "gunkoting" seems to me. Gunkoting, guntoting something like that?

IBT

Gifts and Talents? Well, sometimes I just get lucky and pull something out of my......... moon

Thank You

HEH.

Michael

One of Us
Picture of michael458
posted Hide Post
Just got word that Australian Shooter hit the racks yesterday with the article on the B&M rifles in Australia! Any of my Aussie buddies listening over there? Maybe get a scan of that and send it to me???

Or can just read me a bedtime story when you get it, either way I don't care.

Michael

One of Us
Picture of capoward
posted Hide Post
quote:
Just got word that Australian Shooter hit the racks yesterday with the article on the B&M rifles in Australia! Any of my Aussie buddies listening over there? Maybe get a scan of that and send it to me???

Or can just read me a bedtime story when you get it, either way I don't care.

Michael
It's a great article Michael...very insightfull...congradulations!

Jim coffee
John Wayne

One of Us
Picture of michael458
posted Hide Post
I received a copy of the magazine yesterday from Daryl. Surprised I got it so quickly, but was very pleased with it.

Have to tell a funny on myself. On page one when I first looked I did not pay much attention to the guy shooting, I am thinking that is not Daryl, who the hell is that guy? I went about my business, then read the caption, hell it is me! rotflmo

I tell you it's tough getting older!

Michael

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Any chnace of putting the article or a link on your web site? I've noticed other sties show articles from magazines that feature their products. Don't what all it takes to do so. beer

One of Us
Picture of michael458
posted Hide Post
IBT

Going to see if I can put that up pdf later. ???? having some issues with that as you know, will try again and see how it works. If not, just send me an email I can send you a copy pdf. I could post it here, but honestly that's a bit much in my opinion, a little pompous I would think. Really don't want to do that.

Michael

One of Us
Picture of michael458
posted Hide Post
IBT

OK, got it. All the magazine articles are on the website now, in pdf format. Download to your computer! They don't open on the site, but can be downloaded and viewed in pdf format!

Sometimes, just have to give me a little shove, eventually I will get there!

Michael

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
IBT

OK, got it. All the magazine articles are on the website now, in pdf format. Download to your computer! They don't open on the site, but can be downloaded and viewed in pdf format!

Sometimes, just have to give me a little shove, eventually I will get there!

Michael

Many thanks.

beer

one of us
posted Hide Post
Doc M,
The article recommends further reading here at www.accuratereloading.com
so I really see no reason not to post the link here,
except maybe to induce folks to go look around at your very interesting web site to find it.
Cool
Makes me proud to be a soon-to-be .458 B&M rifle owner ... patriot

... still awaiting that baby from SSK! Roll Eyes

One of Us
Picture of michael458
posted Hide Post
RIP

Ahhh, let'um go dig around the website if they want! Rest of you get special delivery. HEH.

Soon-to-be---me too, I think your 458 and my new maple 50 are on the same delivery schedule, I am waiting too! I am quite sure we both will be happy campers once they arrive! SOON I HOPE. I know your sights have returned and should be installed, my sights have not returned yet from gunKote and I am hoping they come back this week so rifle next week??? Maybe??
Roll Eyes

Michael

One of Us
posted Hide Post
HELP!!!!

Which cartridges fit which length actions? Started with the WSM action fit and then varied to different action lengths?

If so, impact on rifle length and balance by action?

If not, then once again I have failed to see the obvious! beer

One of Us
Picture of michael458
posted Hide Post
IBT

OK here we go.

Win M70 WSM action 18 and 20 Inch barrels

50 B&M, 458 B&M, 416 B&M, 375 B&M, 9.3 B&M

Upcoming 410 B&M and 475 B&M.

WSSM Action 16.25 Inch Barrels

50 B&M Super Short and 458 B&M Super Short

Upcoming 475 B&M Super Short

Win M70 RUM Action 20-21 inch barrels

500 MDM

Marlin Guide Guns and Winchester M71s, (Browning M71s too) 18 Inch barrel

50 B&M Alaskan

DPMS AR 10 Action 18 Inch barrel

50 B&M SA and 458 B&M SA (SA=Semi Auto-Best I could do with a name) HEH.

Is that it? I suppose.

As for balance and handling, you have never in your life handled any bolt gun as good as the WSM B&Ms! Not when compared to handling 24 inch barreled beasts!

500 MDM with 21 inches is a big gun. Not as big and bulky as your standard 24 inch 458 Lott, but it's bigger than the B&M WSM guns. But it is really a small gun for it's caliber and power levels. More power than 500 Nitro, but weighs in at 8-8.5 lbs and only 42 inches overall length.

The Lever guns in 50 B&M Alaskan handle extremely well, I like the M71s and the pistol grip Marlins far better than the Guide Guns. Guide Gun stocks have too much drop at the rear for me.

The Semi Autos are BIG BULKY HEAVY BEASTS that are not fit for man nor beast, but damn they are extremely fun to shoot. I suppose they are not my thing, but everyone else loves them, they shoot great, accurate, and chunk great big bullets down range. THey handle like S&&T. HEH.

Michael

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
IBT

OK here we go.

Win M70 WSM action 18 and 20 Inch barrels

50 B&M, 458 B&M, 416 B&M, 375 B&M, 9.3 B&M

Upcoming 410 B&M and 475 B&M.

WSSM Action 16.25 Inch Barrels

50 B&M Super Short and 458 B&M Super Short

Upcoming 475 B&M Super Short

Win M70 RUM Action 20-21 inch barrels

500 MDM

Marlin Guide Guns and Winchester M71s, (Browning M71s too) 18 Inch barrel

50 B&M Alaskan

DPMS AR 10 Action 18 Inch barrel

50 B&M SA and 458 B&M SA (SA=Semi Auto-Best I could do with a name) HEH.

Is that it? I suppose.

As for balance and handling, you have never in your life handled any bolt gun as good as the WSM B&Ms! Not when compared to handling 24 inch barreled beasts!

500 MDM with 21 inches is a big gun. Not as big and bulky as your standard 24 inch 458 Lott, but it's bigger than the B&M WSM guns. But it is really a small gun for it's caliber and power levels. More power than 500 Nitro, but weighs in at 8-8.5 lbs and only 42 inches overall length.

The Lever guns in 50 B&M Alaskan handle extremely well, I like the M71s and the pistol grip Marlins far better than the Guide Guns. Guide Gun stocks have too much drop at the rear for me.

The Semi Autos are BIG BULKY HEAVY BEASTS that are not fit for man nor beast, but damn they are extremely fun to shoot. I suppose they are not my thing, but everyone else loves them, they shoot great, accurate, and chunk great big bullets down range. THey handle like S&&T. HEH.

Michael

Thanks

I started to create a similar chart and got cross-eyed. Doesn't take much now adays. beer

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Fast glane appears to me that the Win M70 WSM action 18 and 20 Inch barrels 50 B&M, 458 B&M, 416 B&M, 375 B&M, 9.3 B&M and upcoming 410 B&M and 475 B&M in the 18 inch barrel meets your original requirements, caliber not with standing. beer

One of Us
Picture of michael458
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by I Bin Therbefor:
Fast glane appears to me that the Win M70 WSM action 18 and 20 Inch barrels 50 B&M, 458 B&M, 416 B&M, 375 B&M, 9.3 B&M and upcoming 410 B&M and 475 B&M in the 18 inch barrel meets your original requirements, caliber not with standing. beer

IBT

They have met and exceeded my requirements and expectations. I need nothing more than these to sort out any mission in which I would need to embark!

M

One of Us
posted Hide Post

Michael interesting read for 16 pages. I am curious what you are asking for either of these?

One of Us
Picture of michael458
posted Hide Post
RDB

Thanks. Send a PM, just asking for exactly what they cost me, no more. Not in the gun selling business, hate to sell these. Heh.

Michael

one of us
posted Hide Post
I am wondring about the bullets you have shared and using them in other rifles such as my Van Horn, Lott, Wells, and 50Alaskan.
Are these bullets available? Particularly the HP solid copper alloy.
Frank

Posts: 6935 | Location: hydesville, ca. , USA | Registered: 17 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of michael458
posted Hide Post
Hey Frank

Most certainly the bullets are available. It's just a matter of deciding what you want in what caliber. Most of the non conventionals I use are in the .500 calibers, not .510, but true .500. However they can be made in any caliber, and some are. I recently had some made in 458 and 416 in brass. Pretty much anything you can dream up can work in the CNC's!

Michael

One of Us
Picture of MikeBurke
posted Hide Post
quote:
RDB

Thanks. Send a PM, just asking for exactly what they cost me, no more. Not in the gun selling business, hate to sell these. Heh.

Michael

It is a shame the bolts are on the wrong side. Guess I will build a 505 Gibbs, 26" barrel on a LH CZ action sofa

One of Us
Picture of michael458
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike70560:
quote:
RDB

Michael

It is a shame the bolts are on the wrong side. Guess I will build a 505 Gibbs, 26" barrel on a LH CZ action sofa

OH MY GOD! That's about the most awful thing that has come across my desk this morning! I must close my eyes and pretend I did not read that. The very thought of it caused my heart to skip a beat, sent chills down my spine, gave me a headache, and nearly caused me to hyperventilate with stress!! I must go now, my stomach feels very unsettled........

M

One of Us
Picture of michael458
posted Hide Post
This one will make an excellent companion with my Turkish 50---THAT BOOMY STILL HAS!!!!!

Michael