Find
Notify
Tools

12 Ga From Hell -WOW Login/Join

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Robgunbuilder:
RIP- No. 6 shot literally covers a B27 target at 7 yrds. A face full of that aught to Blind/deter the most agressive gangsta till you give him 4 more loads of OOB. Yes stepped brass is a must for the Judge!-Rob

Rob,
Aye, even the 2.5" #8 "snake shot" (1/2 0z.) spreads into a 3-foot circle at 25 feet.
Here is The Judge Ultra-Lite shot with the Crimson Trace held on the center of this 16" square target. 5 shots shot two-handed-double-action-hammerless: Snake eyes!

With the Magnum Judge, open sights (fixed fiberoptic),
3" shells with five 000 buck each shot, the balls go into a 2-foot circle at 25 feet. All but 3 of the 25 balls landed on this 16" square target:

And the 45 Long Colt ain't bad at 25 feet either.
I installed the Crimson Trace, factory sighted for 50 feet they say, made no adjustments and did this with the two Judges, open sights and laser sight:

Posts: 28032 | Location: KY | Registered: 09 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Robgunbuilder
posted Hide Post
RIP- Your 3" magnum judge results are the same as mine! With the CT laser grips they are a real powerhouse! That no. 6 load of shot is incredibly impressive and would put the hurt or blind anyone stupid enough to get shot with it. These are the best shotgun shell patterns I've ever gotten with a handgun. Glad to see we both like the Judge! The gangstas here in the wild west sometimes wear vests so being able to make good head shots is a must have skill. My Judge always rides the nightstand next to my H&K .45C with laser and weapons light. I've trained hard to shoot well with both hands too! If by some miracle they make it back to their civic, then there is the NEF set up with 4th gen Night vision and Quadracones for their enjoyment. A truly eye OPENING and probably briefly memorable experience!-Rob

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers to do incredibly stupid things- AH (1941)- Harry Reid (aka Smeagle) 2012
Nothing Up my sleeves but never without a plan and never ever without a surprise!

Posts: 6314 | Location: Las Vegas,NV | Registered: 10 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
If by some miracle they make it back to their civic, then there is the NEF set up with 4th gen Night vision and Quadracones for their enjoyment. A truly eye OPENING and probably briefly memorable experience!-Rob

Rob,
Excellent plan! You are ready!
Don't forget to drag the bodies back into the house. Big Grin

one of us
Picture of Robgunbuilder
posted Hide Post
RIP- I've got a backhoe and know how to use it!-Rob

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers to do incredibly stupid things- AH (1941)- Harry Reid (aka Smeagle) 2012
Nothing Up my sleeves but never without a plan and never ever without a surprise!

Posts: 6314 | Location: Las Vegas,NV | Registered: 10 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Here is picture of a falling block a guy on Weapons forum
has picked up to finish. The fellow who started building
it laid it aside for awhile and the new guy is going to finish
in BMG. It has 50cal bbl on it. He wants to make it
into a regular falling block stock setup.Looks easily big enough
for 12ga,10ga,8ga, my 700s. The lever on left is cocking
mechanism, The tube in back is a firing striker and spring
and it hits the hammer block you see in the back of the
breach block, which hits firing pin ahead of it in breach.
I think firing setup can be compacted an streamlined,
which would make it easier to mount a stock,
It might be the only one like it.Ed

MZEE WA SIKU

Posts: 27742 | Registered: 03 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
clap

Lookin good there Ed patriot BOOM

577 BME 3"500 KILL ALL 358 GREMLIN 404-375

*we band of 45-70ers* (Founder)
Single Shot Shooters Society S.S.S.S. (Founder)

Posts: 27600 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Robgunbuilder
posted Hide Post
Someone put alot of time into that action.-Rob

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RIP:
WOO HOO!
Lee called yesterday to say they were shipping my .730" sizer.
If it gets here before 6-15-09, it will have been less than 8 months.

I posted that on 10 June, 2009.
No delivery.
Been more than 8 months.
Will email and call Lee and see if they shipped it USPS or what?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
How many people own 12 GaFH? I have an Nef ordered from my favorite FFL and am excited to join in the fun.

Matthew

Posts: 383 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 29 May 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've got two in our long 3.85" case,
and one in 3.5". Rob has 3 or more in long
case, Rip has a few, and others are around.
If you figure in those with the potential to
do our heated up loads in 3.5" plastic and 3.5"
RMC brass, there are many that do with various
3.5" chambered guns.And many that could.Ed

MZEE WA SIKU

one of us
Picture of Robgunbuilder
posted Hide Post
probably over 15 by this time in my 3.85 case. More on the way.-Rob

one of us
Picture of Robgunbuilder
posted Hide Post
I'm making slow but steady progress on the 12GaFH DR, DOS Diablos. based on advice from Butch Searcy, I redesigned the front sight base with a 1 inch bottom radius to match the rib and now and made a X brace for the barrels. I'm fitting the ribs now and still have to dovetail the quarter rib for the rear sight and do the same for the front sight. Then its soldering time followed by regulation. I'll post some pics of all the custom parts that I've had to make for this project. I've probably made this needlessly complicated by making all these trick parts by CNC, but at least now everything could be duplicated. Cost of materials has been minimal, about $1500 including the Zabala and the 12Ga rifled barrels,but my time probably exceeds 200 hrs.-Rob

one of us
posted Hide Post
Rob,
Will be watching.
popcorn

No response from Lee, by email, and their phone is busy, two days in a row.
Supposedly ready to ship on 6-9-09. No sizer yet!

one of us
Picture of Robgunbuilder
posted Hide Post
RIP- I've got some 2" sections of 12Ga Barrel that I could ream to .731. Do you need it 1" X14 Outside threaded too? Let me know if you want it made._Rob

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
RIP- I've got some 2" sections of 12Ga Barrel that I could ream to .731. Do you need it 1" X14 Outside threaded too? Let me know if you want it made._Rob

Could use those for the 12GA Derringer version ...

Posts: 13301 | Location: On the Couch with West Coast Cool | Registered: 20 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Macifej:
quote:

You mean 12 gauge "Flare gun" right Wink
FGFH Flare gun from hell animal

Maybe flare guns are a good way to make legal Howdah guns.

Posts: 27600 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by boom stick:
quote:
Originally posted by Macifej:
quote:

You mean 12 gauge "Flare gun" right Wink

Flare pistol, derringer, front stuffing parlor gun, duck-foot ...whatever floats ye boat ... Wink

Posts: 13301 | Location: On the Couch with West Coast Cool | Registered: 20 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
Hey... a double barrel flare gun would be legal

One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
Rob, Ed, Jay...(Hmmm all short names)
How bout beefing up this design

One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
here are some 12 gauge signal flares
Is this a great way around the laws to have a 12 gauge handgun Eeker

one of us
Picture of Robgunbuilder
posted Hide Post
I prefer the 37mm flare gun with machined 12Ga inserts. Could make a 12GaFH aluminum adapter easily. I've seen 2 and 3 barreled versions. Crazy as it sounds, recoil would not be terminal as the velocity would be incredibly low in such an abortion.-Rob

One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
Shoot aluminum death hammers in a 10" tube... does not need to be rifled.

See if you can get the aluminum darwins going 1800 fps out of a "Flare gun"

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Rob,
I shall gladly repay you Thursday for a cheeseburger today ...
or any kind of sizer I can get!

I left everything for a homemade one with a smith and no word on that one yet.
Lee is in Lalaland too.

If I order one from you, that makes three in the works.

Can you beat 8-month delivery time?
Lee can't.

I can handle 1"x14tpi or 1.25"x12tpi or even 1.5"x12tpi reamed to .731" or .730", whatever I can get!

Thanks.

Someday I might have many sizing dies! nilly

one of us
Picture of Robgunbuilder
posted Hide Post
RIP- I'll check the barrel sections tomorrow and let you know what I've got and Pm you on the dimensions. Do you want .730 or .731? Yup I will beat 8 months, probably this week..-Rob

one of us
posted Hide Post
Rob,
"Not too proud to beg!" ... as Nelson Mandela used to say. Wink

Make it .730" if you would, please, at your convenience.

Like I said, I have two on order already, no word from Lee about the one supposedly shipped on 6-9-09 ...

one of us
posted Hide Post
Rob,
I have an email from LEE at 7:54 this AM.
They say that the previous telephone call was a mixup.
They shipped my slug sizer yesterday, not 6/9/09.
There is hope!
You can hold off on making one for me.
Surely the Lee Precision custom sizer will get here within nine months of gestation,
and I will feel like my second grandchild arrived. Wink

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Having been a fan of bore rifles, but never an owner, I have tried to find all the info I could for the last 20 years. There is precious little info out there. I have searched far and wide for info on bore rifles and I have now read I believe every post on this thread. Truthfully not being a forum person I had a hard time finding this thread. I realize that due to the lack of numbers of rifles there is not a lot of info and magazines make money with "the hottest deer loads again" and "shooting elk with guns" kind of articles. Someone mentioned in this thread that it would be a good idea to start a 12gaFH website. I think it would be nice to find a place where there was info, loads, links to suppliers and smiths willing to do the work etc. that would show up in search engines. How does everyone else feel? I will volunteer to do it and give credit where credit is due. Let me know what you guys think.

Matthew

Posts: 383 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 29 May 2009Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Can someone give me the part# for the longer barreled rifled 12ga. nef? Im ready to order one and I want to make sure I get the right one. Thanks Richard

one of us
posted Hide Post
As far as I know there is no longer barreled
rifled 12ga NEF Ultra Slug Gun only the 24"
one. It is # SB2 980 with regular stock.
We want them to make alonger barreled one.Ed

MZEE WA SIKU

one of us
posted Hide Post

I am dangerous now.
The 1372 grain Darwin "Natural Selectors" are sized to .7305". Cool

one of us
Picture of Robgunbuilder
posted Hide Post
RIP- The one I was going to make you would have been prettier and made from a actual 12GaFH barrel!! Your name engraved on the side etc. Oh well! Looks good and you always were dangerous!-Rob

one of us
posted Hide Post
yuck

one of us
Picture of Robgunbuilder
posted Hide Post
Interesting observation. 470drshooter visited me in Vegas for some .600Ok shooting and reloading instruction. We went out to the local range where we were joined by another of my shooting proteges and the Rangemaster. We shot my GMA .600Ok with the 900gr, 2100fps tropical load with no problems. Even The NOVICE shooter who had never shot anything bigger than a .308 AR10 commented on how easy the 13lb .600Ok was to shoot. In 10 minutes instruction, I had them shooting well and handling the gun like PROs! Next came the 12GaFH with 1000gr boreriders over 230gr of H50BMG. Perceived recoil was MUCH WORSE. Probably 25% worse in my estimation. NOT terrible, cause I know what Terrible is, but it got peoples attention! It was a fun day and we lit off quite a few different loads with different 900gr bullets. I like my cup point bore riders the best. BTW the 12GaFH with a leupold 2.5X scope hit dead center with two different shooters. No one got wacked by the scope either. Acurate little monster!-Rob

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I want to thank Rob and his lovely wife Gerri for being such friendly and hospitable people. I thought my shooting propensity was way over the top, but after seeing Rob's endeavers my psychological self image is much improved.

His working shop is beyond anything I would have imagined as a home shop. I think any professional gun maker would be envious.

The 600 Ok was not bad, the 12 Gauge from hell is in a different league but still tolerable.

Get a 600 OK and forget the chiropractor. Every time you need an adjustment, just send a couple 900 grainers down range and your spine will get loosened up right now.

Posts: 2180 | Location: Rancho Cucamonga, Ca. | Registered: 20 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of msheik
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I have to agree that the 12 gafh is in a different class of recoil! That might be a slight understatement. I hope to be able to try out the 600 someday.

Rob I have to ask, what is Terrible recoil to you??

Posts: 39 | Location: Edmond, Oklahoma | Registered: 06 April 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Robgunbuilder
posted Hide Post
The .600Ok tropical load in a Heym .600NE is over the top for me! 3 shots and I needed a chiropractor. Seriously the worst I've fired is the 12GaFH with 1000gr slugs at 3000fps. Now that was RECOIL! Next is the .600Ok at 2400fps. That too will get your attention!-Rob

one of us
Picture of Robgunbuilder
posted Hide Post
RIP- Check your PM.-Rob

one of us
posted Hide Post
thumb

one of us
posted Hide Post
If anyone wants a neat action for 12ga FH,
here is picture of MRC PH with a 3.5" 12ga case
partly into action. The PH cam be used for 12ga with
action and rails opened like I did my 700HE in Enfield.
And a little changing on the bolt face and extractor
In 12 ga it still would have 60% of front lugs contacting
and you'd add bearing lug surface to bolt handle base.
It could handle same pressures as Savage 210.
And the 3.5" with average 12ga slug would feed from the
magazine. Our longer case would work with port opened and some
mag work. Ed

MZEE WA SIKU

one of us
Picture of Robgunbuilder
posted Hide Post
ED- That could be a very serious option.A Bolt action 12GAFH that could take the full size case would be extremely desirable. I have not received my PH's yet so I have to assess how though the mag box mods will be.-Rob