THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Calling Out Fairgame (Andrew Baldry)
Page 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Calling Out Fairgame (Andrew Baldry)
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Fairgame was complicit, how could he not be?

If you doubt it, well its just because you want to.

Posts: 41786 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by K Evans:
Not sure if the timeline of deposits, but below is an excerpt from Zambian Parliament minutes regarding the concession in question…

“Madam Speaker, currently, and I repeat, there have seven hunting blocks on which concessions expired, and those are the ones we are going to prioritise when the new bid document come into effect. I will read them out:
Nyampala, Chikwa, Lower Lupande, Chifunda, Mwanya and Luawata. Any other hunting block across the country is active and hunting is currently going on. Each of the hunting blocks has a concession anniversary date. As such, the concessions expire on different dates. I will give you an example of one in the areas I have just mentioned. Chanjuzi is expiring on 4th November, 2022. Once it expires, we will retender it. Obviously, given our procurement process, we do realise that we have to tender most of the expiring hunting concessions well in advance so that if we have any new entrants, they are able to have time to mobilise.”

In the last decade or so Zambia has notoriously come to be known for its malpractices in the acquisition of hunting concessions as the heavyweights also want a part of the action turning the process into a "tooth and nail" affair.

Ibi was probably cock-sure of himself that the concession would be re-allocated to him and that likely justified his silence to third parties.

Posts: 1909 | Registered: 06 September 2008Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
It has happened before, and in most cases, apparently the same concession holders got theirs back.

Did not happen this time, because of political bribes changing hands.

Wrong hands!

I love it the way some members here think their American government does not have corruption!

Several hundred thousands in "donations" to sit on the same table as Trump is what?? rotflmo

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67027 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
can you post a link to the entire thing?

Yes, sort of…when I get home later today I’ll post a link to the main page where one can see minutes from several years where minutes can either searched by keyword or view individual dates. Keyword search doesn’t work well sometimes. The most interesting discussions begin about November 2021, if the links work.

Karl Evans

Posts: 2770 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
It has happened before, and in most cases, apparently the same concession holders got theirs back.

Did not happen this time, because of political bribes changing hands.

Wrong hands!

I love it the way some members here think their American government does not have corruption!

Several hundred thousands in "donations" to sit on the same table as Trump is what?? rotflmo

As I said before , they rolled the dice and they lost . They may have rolled the dice thinking it was low risk. They were wrong .

Personally, I could forgive them for taking that chance had they handled the aftermath differently. This has been handled poorly, very poorly .

All governments are corrupt . Some more overtly than others .

Posts: 11992 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

This is one link, go to publications and peruse the options, lots of interesting stuff if you have time to sift thru it.

https://www.parliament.gov.zm/node/173

Karl Evans

Posts: 2770 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by K Evans:
quote:

This is one link, go to publications and peruse the options, lots of interesting stuff if you have time to sift thru it.

https://www.parliament.gov.zm/node/173

Very good. Thanks.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
https://www.parliament.gov.zm/node/11117

One has to scroll down pretty far but the info Karl quoted is here.

Posts: 11992 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I read on another thread that Upper Lupande has been awarded to the DuPloys’s.

Anyone else hearing this? Also any of the other areas in limbo awarded as well?

Mark, have you heard anything?

Posts: 1867 | Location: St. Charles, MO | Registered: 02 August 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Muchinga Adventures/duPlooys have clients arriving to hunt Upper Lupande in about a week.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12876 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MARK H. YOUNG:
Muchjinga/duPlooys have clients arriving to hunt Upper Lupande in about a week.

Mark

Thats good Mark, any other area's been reopened?

Posts: 1867 | Location: St. Charles, MO | Registered: 02 August 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I don't know the status of any of the other GMA's other than the first four that were awarded a while back.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12876 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MARK H. YOUNG:
I don't know the status of any of the other GMA's other than the first four that were awarded a while back.

Mark

Thanks, I guess we will take what we can get at this point.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am going to guess that several more weeks have passed with no more payments to the ripped off clients.

DRSS
Kreighoff 470 NE
Valmet 412 30/06 & 9.3x74R

Posts: 1070 | Location: Denver | Registered: 31 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hasher:
I am going to guess that several more weeks have passed with no more payments to the ripped off clients.

That was the case as of last week.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ibis shenanigans continue.

DRSS
Kreighoff 470 NE

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

True . But the Embassy has all the details now . The FBI will have them soon.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:
quote:

Great!

I love it when a crook gets his payback!

Posts: 67027 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Great!

Long way to go.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Safari2:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Great!

Long way to go.

Gotta start somewhere.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Great!

Long way to go.

True.

But I bet the crook is loosing sleep over this.

He threatened his victim because he saw what is being discussed here.

Probably worried about his reputation!

What a JOKE!

Keeping money, illegally, that belongs to an American.

Transferred through American banks.

Now the FBI are involved!

I bet bells will be ringing anytime his name pops up in American banks!

As I said before, I have absolutely no sympathy with crooks!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Gotta start somewhere.

Maybe the process should have been initiated when first suggested.

I am however of the firm opinion that someone is going to find themselves in hot water.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Great!

Long way to go.

Gotta start somewhere.

No doubt Larry

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fulvio:
quote:
Gotta start somewhere.

I am however of the firm opinion that someone is going to find themselves in hot water.

Someone needs to teach ibi “the Chicago way”.

DRSS
Kreighoff 470 NE

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Gotta start somewhere.

You may be right but no normal human thinks about involving Embassy’s etc in a dispute.
Turns out to your point this may be a good suggestion
Going “nuclear” on a foreign dude in his foreign country ain’t exactly normal

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kpoynter:
quote:
quote:
Gotta start somewhere.

You may be right but no normal human thinks about involving Embassy’s etc in a dispute.
Turns out to your point this may be a good suggestion
Going “nuclear” on a foreign dude in his foreign country ain’t exactly normal

This is no longer a financial dispute.

It is a criminal banking act.

And no holds are barred!

It is an intentional criminal act.

And I HATE criminals!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

But its OK for "normal humans" to attack others on public forums.

Diplomatic representations abroad serve many purposes, not just established to play "cloak & dagger" politics alone as some may be inclined to believe.

All Embassies have Commercial, Cultural, Consular and Military departments which play their respective roles that are aimed at maintaining good and harmonious relations between their respective nations.

Embassies are the direct line of communication with the host government offices and taking short cuts will get you nowhere.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
Gotta start somewhere.

While losing $80,000 is awful, it isn’t enough money to make me risk spending time in a Zambian jail.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Does anyone know what Ibi threatened CME with? Lawsuit?? for what...defamation of character?? Would be interested to know.....

Posts: 44 | Location: zim | Registered: 01 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Gotta start somewhere.

While losing $80,000 is awful, it isn’t enough money to make me risk spending time in a Zambian jail.

Like any good American we subcontract. Lol

DRSS
Kreighoff 470 NE

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ilitshe_zim:
Does anyone know what Ibi threatened CME with? Lawsuit?? for what...defamation of character?? Would be interested to know.....

The words Ibi used were “slander and abuse.”

One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

seems to have been a lot of slander on this thread as though what was said was sub-rosa

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Diplomatic representations abroad serve many purposes, not just established to play "cloak & dagger" politics alone as some may be inclined to believe.

All Embassies have Commercial, Cultural, Consular and Military departments which play their respective roles that are aimed at maintaining good and harmonious relations between their respective nations.

Embassies are the direct line of communication with the host government offices and taking short cuts will get you nowhere.

Ummm… by “attacking others” are you referring to the fact that a forum member was called out for their utter hypocrisy, changing their position and story, and their explicit role in this? The reality that they knew or should have known all along (especially in light of the most recent damning evidence) that they were SELLING someone a hunt that was “unsellable” and the fact that almost all of the money was requested far after this was known and the person not notified until about 30 days before the hunt????
That “attack”?
Ummm…..yeah….ok

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

My answer would be “you have my address and I will gladly accept service of the lawsuit”

He could win that without a lawyer.

DRSS
Kreighoff 470 NE

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Ummm… by “attacking others” are you referring to the fact that a forum member was called out for their utter hypocrisy, changing their position and story, and their explicit role in this? The reality that they knew or should have known all along (especially in light of the most recent damning evidence) that they were SELLING someone a hunt that was “unsellable” and the fact that almost all of the money was requested far after this was known and the person not notified until about 30 days before the hunt????
That “attack”?
Ummm…..yeah….ok

You need to ask yourself why I would invest all my clients and resources in one concession for a full season. I have nothing to do with the Operator/Client deposit arrangements and all were repaid except CME pf which I presumed would be concluded but has not. If I had received any financial benefit from this arrangement then I would be complicit.

Good on CME following the channels that were recommended earlier but I can do little to recover his money

All my safaris booked this year in Zambia have been concluded on the same basis with numerous operators and that is how freelancing works

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9875 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fairgame:
quote:
quote:
quote:

That “attack”?
Ummm…..yeah….ok

You need to ask yourself why I would invest all my clients and resources in one concession for a full season. I have nothing to do with the Operator/Client deposit arrangements and all were repaid except CME pf which I presumed would be concluded but has not. If I had received any financial benefit from this arrangement then I would be complicit.

Good on CME following the channels that were recommended earlier but I can do little to recover his money

All my safaris booked this year in Zambia have been concluded on the same basis with numerous operators and that is how freelancing works

You are right when you say you can do little to recover his money…..
No evidence you ever really tried

Sad part is you thought you were doing a good thing initially but you Fu..d up badly in a number of ways

Even now your stance is that of simple pure ignorance…. Like how could YOU have possibly known (and you are explicitly acting as you didn’t) that the area was not allocated to him? It wasn’t my place as a long standing PH to know what I was or wasn’t selling
Who me???
Your total and utter lack of acknowledgement of your role, responsibility, professional knowledge, response, and communications have caused you 10X the issues if you had simply said early on “I fucked up….i should have known but didn’t..,.I’m sorry”
You didn’t do anything most of us in business would have done

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
To your point, sort of a damned if you knew, damned if you didn't know situation if you ask me. If you knew, then you are part and parcel of the scam. If you didn't know, how can you truly be someone plugged into what is going on in Zambia and why wouldn't you have made it your business to understand what the situation was. Either way, seems ridiculous.

And as to this being how freelancing is done, that is absolutely not the case. I have booked many hunts with outfitters that did not control or operate the concession area. In every case, I booked directly with and paid the professional hunter and they secured the hunting rights in the concession area directly. I never dealt with and in most cases never knew who the concession operator was.

Good luck to those booked this year who ended up apparently booking in the same way Corey did.

Mike

Posts: 21241 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MJines:
To your point, sort of a damned if you knew, damned if you didn't know situation if you ask me. If you knew, then you are part and parcel of the scam. If you didn't know, how can you truly be someone plugged into what is going on in Zambia and why wouldn't you have made it your business to understand what the situation was. Either way, seems ridiculous.

And as to this being how freelancing is done, that is absolutely not the case. I have booked many hunts with outfitters that did not control or operate the concession area. In every case, I booked directly with and paid the professional hunter and they secured the hunting rights in the concession area directly. I never dealt with and in most cases never knew who the concession operator was.

Good luck to those booked this year who ended up apparently booking in the same way Corey did.

Bing-f’ing-go

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The more Baldry types/speaks, the more I see the problem....
No accountability. I would hate to be with him and have any situation arise from a mad meerkat to an enraged francolin... He would blame the client and run...

Posts: 10201 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mad Francolin are a viscous beast and I am sure baldersashry would soul himself ar the mere sight of such a crazed and murderous quarry.

DRSS
Kreighoff 470 NE