THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Calling Out Fairgame (Andrew Baldry)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 22

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Calling Out Fairgame (Andrew Baldry)
 Login/Join

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Charlie64:

I have followed this thread from day one and refrained from commenting thus far perhaps because I have hunted with Andrew a couple of times and found him to be a straight up guy in all my dealings with him.

Yet I do have a couple of comments and one - for me - key question:

1/ In my opinion it is simply dumb to transfer USD 60 k to someone you have never spoken to directly nor looked in the eye that lives in a third world country with a faltering economy, that you have never been to and have no contacts or hold points in

2/ it is then even dumber to put in another USD 20 k for 1 more trophy and 1 more hunter when you are already USD 60 k in. Anyone with more sense than money should have said - I am 60 k in already just make it happen and I will settle the balance on arrival or after the successful hunt!

But the burning question for me is whether the Zambia side - Ibi and / or Andrew - knew that the lion hunt was doomed at the time of asking for the extra 20 k for the buff deposit ? If the answer is yes well then ..... If the answer is no, then maybe there is a shred of reputation that can be saved if this somehow comes right.

I would like to think that was not the case but I believe that this question has not been asked and answered thus far in this hunting tragedy !

And ps. if I was USD 80 k out of pocket, I would have been on a plane to Lusaka by now with USD 5 k in my pocket for a lawyer to draft an acknowledgment of debt and visit three or four banks! And believe me I am not joking on this point!

I am not sure of all the facts.

And like you, many here would like that question answered.

So far, my own understanding.

The government was going to cancel the licenses and new ones would need to be obtained.

The current owners didn’t care.

They thought because of their political connections everything would just carry on as before.

This did not happen.

May be the wrong politician was bribed.

I understand once this was know, an officer was made to the client to hunt a different area.

The client agreed.

Then somehow afterwards this did not get agreed upon.

He wanted his money back, which he has ever right to.

And should have been refunded immediately.

And the sad saga continues.

Again, I must stress that the above is my understanding, through getting me from different people.

No idea if these are the facts.

Facts are that I wouldn’t be considering hunting in Zambia anytime soon.

They really need to get their act together.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67006 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
quote:

I have followed this thread from day one and refrained from commenting thus far perhaps because I have hunted with Andrew a couple of times and found him to be a straight up guy in all my dealings with him.

1/ In my opinion it is simply dumb to transfer USD 60 k to someone you have never spoken to directly nor looked in the eye that lives in a third world country with a faltering economy, that you have never been to and have no contacts or hold points in

2/ it is then even dumber to put in another USD 20 k for 1 more trophy and 1 more hunter when you are already USD 60 k in. Anyone with more sense than money should have said - I am 60 k in already just make it happen and I will settle the balance on arrival or after the successful hunt!

But the burning question for me is whether the Zambia side - Ibi and / or Andrew - knew that the lion hunt was doomed at the time of asking for the extra 20 k for the buff deposit ? If the answer is yes well then ..... If the answer is no, then maybe there is a shred of reputation that can be saved if this somehow comes right.

I would like to think that was not the case but I believe that this question has not been asked and answered thus far in this hunting tragedy !

And ps. if I was USD 80 k out of pocket, I would have been on a plane to Lusaka by now with USD 5 k in my pocket for a lawyer to draft an acknowledgment of debt and visit three or four banks! And believe me I am not joking on this point!

The government was going to cancel the licenses and new ones would need to be obtained.

They thought because of their political connections everything would just carry on as before.

This did not happen.

I understand once this was know, an officer was made to the client to hunt a different area.

The client agreed.

Again, I must stress that the above is my understanding, through getting me from different people.

Saeed

The tender under the last Government was scrapped by the new Government and 19 prime areas were put on hold. The subsequent tender saw Ibi get Chanjuzi and much later an injunction was slapped on this concession by a disgruntled third party.

Chanjuzi was not one of the original 19 closed.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9871 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fairgame:
quote:
quote:

This did not happen.

The client agreed.

Saeed

The tender under the last Government was scrapped by the new Government and 19 prime areas were put on hold. The subsequent tender saw Ibi get Chanjuzi and much later an injunction was slapped on this concession by a disgruntled third party.

Did the client pay his money AFTER it was closed or before?

And who is the disgruntled third party?

What was the reason they wanted to close it??

So many questions.

Posts: 67006 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by MJines:
quote:

. . . good point. Andrew says he has been in court the last month litigating other issues. Has he suggested to or worked with Corey to get legal help in Zambia to help secure the refund of the $80,000? I doubt it. Sounds to me like he doesn’t want to do anything to burn any bridges with Ibi, even if that means leaving Corey hanging.

Mike, you need to check your statements with Cme. Litigation is the last resort and will further delay payments. The only deposit I encouraged was the initial payment to secure the hunt. As a freelance hunter, I recommend a variety of concessions best suited to the client's needs. Chanjuzi was chosen as 19 concessions had been previously closed including those surrounding this concession. I believe all client deposits had been paid by April and I was notified of the Chanjuzi injunction in early June when I was hunting. There was then the process of reshuffling and repayments with Cme being the last. I suggested to Cme that we had ample time to sit it out and hunt later in the season.

Yes if I had the money I would buy the hunt and I can only presume the Operator is experiencing financial difficulties or possibly waiting for the Government to re-award his concession as the injunction has now been lifted.

The Operator informed me that he had reached an agreement with Cme but my interference at this stage would most likely exacerbate proceedings.

I do not work on commissions or inflated trophy fees and rely purely on daily rates and Tips.

Considering the amount of money repaid and Ibi's response to facilitate the transfers to other operators I have no doubt this last debt will be repaid albeit at a later date.

Ibi chose me as his preferred hunter as he had previously had problems with others who had purchased hunts.

So I think what you are really saying is that when push comes to shove, your interest in preserving your relationship with Ibi is far more important than making sure that Corey is repaid in full in a timely manner. You have had ample opportunity to publicly condemn Ibi for not refunding Corey's money or worse, using his money to refund others. Saeed noted a while back that you should refuse to book any more clients in areas controlled by Ibi. You let that comment slide. Why not just publicly state that you find Ibi's actions are dishonorable and unacceptable, that it is inexcusable for him to refuse to refund Corey's money, that you do not intend to book future clients into areas controlled or operated by Ibi given how poorly this has been handled, etc.? Let's be honest, Corey's interests are clearly subservient to the desire to preserve the relationship with Ibi prospectively.

Mike

Posts: 21237 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

. . . good point. Andrew says he has been in court the last month litigating other issues. Has he suggested to or worked with Corey to get legal help in Zambia to help secure the refund of the $80,000? I doubt it. Sounds to me like he doesn’t want to do anything to burn any bridges with Ibi, even if that means leaving Corey hanging.

Mike, you need to check your statements with Cme. Litigation is the last resort and will further delay payments. The only deposit I encouraged was the initial payment to secure the hunt. As a freelance hunter, I recommend a variety of concessions best suited to the client's needs. Chanjuzi was chosen as 19 concessions had been previously closed including those surrounding this concession. I believe all client deposits had been paid by April and I was notified of the Chanjuzi injunction in early June when I was hunting. There was then the process of reshuffling and repayments with Cme being the last. I suggested to Cme that we had ample time to sit it out and hunt later in the season.

Yes if I had the money I would buy the hunt and I can only presume the Operator is experiencing financial difficulties or possibly waiting for the Government to re-award his concession as the injunction has now been lifted.

The Operator informed me that he had reached an agreement with Cme but my interference at this stage would most likely exacerbate proceedings.

I do not work on commissions or inflated trophy fees and rely purely on daily rates and Tips.

Considering the amount of money repaid and Ibi's response to facilitate the transfers to other operators I have no doubt this last debt will be repaid albeit at a later date.

Ibi chose me as his preferred hunter as he had previously had problems with others who had purchased hunts.

So I think what you are really saying is that when push comes to shove, your interest in preserving your relationship with Ibi is far more important than making sure that Corey is repaid in full in a timely manner. You have had ample opportunity to publicly condemn Ibi for not refunding Corey's money or worse, using his money to refund others. Saeed noted a while back that you should refuse to book any more clients in areas controlled by Ibi. You let that comment slide. Why not just publicly state that you find Ibi's actions are dishonorable and unacceptable, that it is inexcusable for him to refuse to refund Corey's money, that you do not intend to book future clients into areas controlled or operated by Ibi given how poorly this has been handled, etc.? Let's be honest, Corey's interests are clearly subservient to the desire to preserve the relationship with Ibi prospectively.
Mike you do not know this country and it is not wise to make enemies in any sector of this environment

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Mike you do not know this country and it is not wise to make enemies in any sector of this environment

Just going to preserve that last statement against future editing.

posted Hide Post
quote:

Could you please clarify something:

1: At what date were you for first time informed of a potential problem about the concession
2: At what date were you informed of the concession was closed and the hunt was off?
3: At what date were the client informed of the problems?
4: When was he informed that the concession was officially closed and hun was off?

Posts: 74 | Location: Norway | Registered: 10 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Yes talking shit about place owing refund will for sure get the hunters money back just like starting a lawsuit would. For some of you who think you know africa so well you sure stay stupid stuff.

Posts: 559 | Location: macungie , Pa | Registered: 21 March 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Todd Williams:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

You do that Todd and what did I edit? and will edit this further to say Hartebeest are red and Wildebeest are blue you go fuck yourself and I will to

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cardinal:
quote:

Could you please clarify something:

1: At what date were you for first time informed of a potential problem about the concession
2: At what date were you informed of the concession was closed and the hunt was off?
3: At what date were the client informed of the problems?
4: When was he informed that the concession was officially closed and hun was off?

New member catch up with the thread

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

posted Hide Post
quote:

I will take that as you dont want to post the exact dates as you know it will not be favourably for you. If they had lined up, it could/would have improved the perception of your handeling of the situation.
But you refuse to answer as expected.

And I have read the threads. And I joined the forum before you did. Just dont post much.

Posts: 74 | Location: Norway | Registered: 10 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cardinal:
quote:

I will take that as you dont want to post the exact dates as you know it will not be favourably for you. If they had lined up, it could/would have improved the perception of your handeling of the situation.
But you refuse to answer as expected.

And I have read the threads. And I joined the forum before you did. Just dont post much.

Whats your name and how can you be a new member?

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Because they have not posted enough .

Posts: 11984 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:

Not like you Todd and Mr Jines?

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The legend new member is based on post count.

Note they also state your date of registration at the bottom.

So Cardinal is a “new member” by the avatar title due to low post count, but has been a member since 2004. So he’s been here a lot longer than I, but I apparently blather on a lot more…

Posts: 10645 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bivoj
posted Hide Post
I think most of us who hunted Africa few times in few countries know that things can change at the whim of the governmental agencies where nepotism and corruption runs rampant and hunting outfitters/operators can be in shit show situation in NY minute
Some of you beat up on on Andrew but have no idea the foot work that is involved, the bribery involved as well and other complete unforeseen last second fuckups
I witnessed it once in SA and once in Zim and that’s nothing to compare to what people who live there and make living there especially by hunting have to deal with
Some of you been there many times and got lucky with operators who are better at briberies and dealings with friendly governmental agencies and politicians in high/low places so it is easy to criticize others less fortunate
My two cents here

Nothing like standing over your own kill

Posts: 617 | Location: Wherever hunting is good and Go Trump | Registered: 17 June 2023Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

You do that Todd and what did I edit? and will edit this further to say Hartebeest are red and Wildebeest are blue you go fuck yourself and I will to

Good to see you are keeping it classy.

DRSS
Kreighoff 470 NE
Valmet 412 30/06 & 9.3x74R

Posts: 1064 | Location: Denver | Registered: 31 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

He’s is as one of my 2nd rows used to say “thicker than pig shit”.

DRSS
Kreighoff 470 NE
Valmet 412 30/06 & 9.3x74R

Posts: 1064 | Location: Denver | Registered: 31 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hasher:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Poetic.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Poetic.

Here is what's poetic.

You ask "what did I edit?", then in the very next sentence say "and will edit this further to say ...". Fucking laughable Andrew.

And the reason I captured the comment in the first place, guarding against further editing, is I wanted to prevent you editing your post once you realized you just admitted that maintaining business relationships with a crook are more important to you than preserving your character and reputation by disavowing future business with him. Again, fucking laughable. I can only assume the ad hoc GFY comments are a result of you realizing what you said in this regard and having it preserved for posterity.

I would ordinarily tell you to GFY as well, but you've already done that with this entire fiasco. You really should stop while you're ahead.

one of us
posted Hide Post
tu2 tu2

quote:
Originally posted by bcap:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Yes talking shit about place owing refund will for sure get the hunters money back just like starting a lawsuit would. For some of you who think you know africa so well you sure stay stupid stuff.

"...Them, they were Giants!"
J.A. Hunter describing the early explorers and settlers of East Africa

hunting is not about the killing but about the chase of the hunt.... Ortega Y Gasset

Posts: 3034 | Location: Tanzania - The Land of Plenty | Registered: 19 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Poetic.

Here is what's poetic.

You ask "what did I edit?", then in the very next sentence say "and will edit this further to say ...". Fucking laughable Andrew.

And the reason I captured the comment in the first place, guarding against further editing, is I wanted to prevent you editing your post once you realized you just admitted that maintaining business relationships with a crook are more important to you than preserving your character and reputation by disavowing future business with him. Again, fucking laughable. I can only assume the ad hoc GFY comments are a result of you realizing what you said in this regard and having it preserved for posterity.

I would ordinarily tell you to GFY as well, but you've already done that with this entire fiasco. You really should stop while you're ahead.

Todd, you're smarter than this.... what Andrew is doing is improving cme's chances of receiving his money back. Isn't that what the entire peanut gallery hear wants?

"...Them, they were Giants!"
J.A. Hunter describing the early explorers and settlers of East Africa

hunting is not about the killing but about the chase of the hunt.... Ortega Y Gasset

Posts: 3034 | Location: Tanzania - The Land of Plenty | Registered: 19 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It’s been about three weeks since I last asked, has Andrew’s client received his $80,000 refund?

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3507 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lhook7:
It’s been about three weeks since I last asked, has Andrew’s client received his $80,000 refund?
Can you contact Cme directly and ask him and maybe enquire about the agreement they have agreed upon?

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Can you contact Cme directly and ask him and maybe enquire about the agreement they have agreed upon?

No, I cannot, as Saeed stated earlier in this discussion, anything relevant should be posted in the public forum.

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

No, I cannot, as Saeed stated earlier in this discussion, anything relevant should be posted in the public forum.

Wow you asked and did not get an answer. Hope the world does not stop now. Some of you really do think alot of yourselves.

Posts: 559 | Location: macungie , Pa | Registered: 21 March 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Wow you asked and did not get an answer. Hope the world does not stop now. Some of you really do think alot of yourselves.

That is a weird post. I don’t remember stating any of the things you are listing. All I am asking is if Andrew’s client got the $80,000 he was screwed out of when he bought a nonexistent hunt.

I’m not sure why that bothers you unless you were one of the people who was refunded with those funds.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

That is a weird post. I don’t remember stating any of the things you are listing. All I am asking is if Andrew’s client got the $80,000 he was screwed out of when he bought a nonexistent hunt.

I’m not sure why that bothers you unless you were one of the people who was refunded with those funds.

What proof do you have that the hunt was sold when it was known it would never happen?

I think we are getting way out of the truth here.

The hunt was sold in an area that was not under any questions.

The problems occurred after all was agreed.

Or have I misunderstood this?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

What proof do you have that the hunt was sold when it was known it would never happen?

As I recall, at bare minimum, the upgrade to add the father was after it was clear there were issues with the area.

Posts: 11984 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
And, from what I understand, the client agreed to a change of place??!!

All these questions were raised before, and I cannot recall reading any answers to them.

BUT, BUT, BUT, where is the refund??

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

All these questions were raised before, and I cannot recall reading any answers to them.

That is incorrect, I didn’t agree to move to a different area. I was offered a change in venue run by a new outfitter. (Only after I had questioned why other clients were offered replacement hunts and I had not been offered one.). Another deposit was needed so I quickly said no. Instead of throwing shit against a wall and hoping it sticks you can just ask me what happened?

Fairgame, please stop acting like there is an agreement with the outfitter. If you were really working to resolve this you wouldn’t be asking me for updates on the matter.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi CME, did you question Ibrahim Nkonde as to why you needed to pay $60K upfront?

Seems the 60k was the entire hunt price. Most clients will only pay a % of the hunt upfront to secure it. Did you question this?

Posts: 44 | Location: zim | Registered: 01 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ilitshe_zim:
Hi CME, did you question Ibrahim Nkonde as to why you needed to pay $60K upfront?

Seems the 60k was the entire hunt price. Most clients will only pay a % of the hunt upfront to secure it. Did you question this?

Well in my limited experience and based on what others on here have experienced it seems as though paying 100% of day rates prior to the hunt is commonplace.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cme:
quote:

Well in my limited experience and based on what others on here have experienced it seems as though paying 100% of day rates prior to the hunt is commonplace.

It is.

And it works most of the times.

Until some unfortunate person deals with a crook.

I am very sorry for what is happening to you, you certainly don’t deserve it.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

It is.

And it works most of the times.

Until some unfortunate person deals with a crook.

I am very sorry for what is happening to you, you certainly don’t deserve it.

Thank you, I appreciate that. Hopefully I get the refund which is all I have ever wanted.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi CME, I am on your side, was just clarifying

So on one hand Nkonde charges some people a deposit and you 100% upfront? Is that correct? We have read that Nkonde has paid back some deposits, surefire7 mentioned it. Sounds like he planned this out, needed your big amount to sort out others. Charging you the extra $20K when the area was closed is downright fraud.

Reading between the lines, Andrew probably needs this guy in his corner to fight PTD, hence his reluctance to get heavy with Nkonde to pay you back.

It is weird that Nkonde can't come forward with a payment plan at least, or simply communicate. Surely the guy has assests.. a cruiser, a house etc. He could approach a bank in Zambia and mortgage an asset to pay you back. But because he is Vice Chair of SHOAZ he probably thinks he can string you along as long as he wishes to.

Have you thought about reaching out to the Chair of SHOAZ. At very least Andrew could supply you with the guys details. After all, PH's across Africa preach ethics. Maybe some pressure on the Chair could at least bring this guy to the table.

I really hope you get to hunt with your Dad.

Posts: 44 | Location: zim | Registered: 01 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

That is incorrect, I didn’t agree to move to a different area. I was offered a change in venue run by a new outfitter. (Only after I had questioned why other clients were offered replacement hunts and I had not been offered one.). Another deposit was needed so I quickly said no. Instead of throwing shit against a wall and hoping it sticks you can just ask me what happened?

Fairgame, please stop acting like there is an agreement with the outfitter. If you were really working to resolve this you wouldn’t be asking me for updates on the matter.

This is swings and roundabouts and present your case to the Safari Operators Association Zambia for comment. I was told you had an agreement and I am not part of this so I cannot comment. But you have a contract that was not executed so you have every right to take action which I stated I would assist you with.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think he tells you what you want to hear. The only agreement we have is a whats app message stating he will pay me back. I have only heard that since June.

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
I think he tells you what you want to hear. The only agreement we have is a whats app message stating he will pay me back. I have only heard that since June.

OK so your best bet is my involvement in getting this settled.

If you go the legal route you find my advice and no others will be of value but your choice.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

As I recall, at bare minimum, the upgrade to add the father was after it was clear there were issues with the area.

Check with Cme the last deposits and I was notified of the injunction in June

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal