THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Calling Out Fairgame (Andrew Baldry)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 22

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Calling Out Fairgame (Andrew Baldry)
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Saeed,

Thanks for the slight concession that there are at least a few decent lawyers. I'd agree that there are some very bad ones and plaintiffs' personal injury lawyers tend to be the worst.

Posts: 10035 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lavaca:
Saeed,

Thanks for the slight concession that there are at least a few decent lawyers. I'd agree that there are some very bad ones and plaintiffs' personal injury lawyers tend to be the worst.

I have an American friend, I have known for years.

He is not just a lawyer, he is a politician too!

Cannot get any worse.

But, he is one of the kindest, most honest individuals I know.

But, as we have seen on here, there are others who are residing at the opposite end of the scale! clap

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67005 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That's why I call them: "lowyers"

Sure pisses them off in particular I know.

Tysue, good friend, retired Lowyer!

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5946 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just checking in to see if Andrew’s client has received his $80,000 refund? 5 months and counting.

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3507 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lhook7:
Just checking in to see if Andrew’s client has received his $80,000 refund? 5 months and counting.

Just haven't stirred this pot for a few days...

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 9576 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jefffive:
quote:

No, I’m just genuinely curious as to whether Fairgame’s client has received his $80,000 refund after 5 months of asking for it.

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

No, I’m just genuinely curious as to whether Fairgame’s client has received his $80,000 refund after 5 months of asking for it.

But not curious enough to send them a private message to ask...

Posts: 9576 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Why in the world would I send a private message?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Curiosity?

Administrator
posted Hide Post
If a question is relevant to the subject in discussion, it should be asked on the forums.

Posts: 67005 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
He has not been paid as of earlier this week.

Posts: 11983 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:
He has not been paid as of earlier this week.

Thanks Larry.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not yet, maybe sometime before 2025

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cme:

I sure hope this works out for you. Thieves absolutely disgust me.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

That sucks, good luck Cme.

Posts: 1867 | Location: St. Charles, MO | Registered: 02 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:

The last message was that you were to be paid shortly.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9871 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I sure hope this works out for you. Thieves absolutely disgust me.

I agree

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
Picture of Steve Ahrenberg
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Curiosity?

My “curiosity” has me asking why you are attacking Lee, yet Mjines is unscathed and is saying the exact thing Lee is?

Political Party Solidarity…

Formerly "Nganga"

Posts: 3401 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 26 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I know that we both received the same message but how many times have we heard that? Shortly is a way to get us off his ass and buy more time. I mean it’s been 5 months and I have seen a similar version of that text on many occasions.

I’m in the camp of I’ll believe it when I see it.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Ahrenberg:
quote:
quote:

Curiosity?

My “curiosity” has me asking why you are attacking Lee, yet Mjines is unscathed and is saying the exact thing Lee is?

I didn't "attack" anybody, just noted that the pot was being stirred after being quiet for a week when there was no prospect that the stirring would get anybody's money returned a minute sooner.

If Andrew had control of the money I have no doubt it would have been returned well before now.

One of Us
Picture of Steve Ahrenberg
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Ahrenberg:
quote:
quote:

Curiosity?

I didn't "attack" anybody, just noted that the pot was being stirred after being quiet for a week when there was no prospect that the stirring would get anybody's money returned a minute sooner.

If Andrew had control of the money I have no doubt it would have been returned well before now.

OK, Lets agree on "pot being stirred". Mr Jines is doing the exact same thing (which by the way, I have no issues with). But there seems to be a different standard being applied.

Formerly "Nganga"

Posts: 3401 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 26 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I know that we both received the same message but how many times have we heard that? Shortly is a way to get us off his ass and buy more time. I mean it’s been 5 months and I have seen a similar version of that text on many occasions.

I’m in the camp of I’ll believe it when I see it.

Sorry brother . I hope it ultimately gets resolved .

Posts: 11983 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Corey, hope you see your money sooner rather than later. And while “keeping the pot stirred” may not expedite that process it cannot hurt to keep a bright light shined on the situation. Ridiculous to have to wait 1/2 a year to be refunded a significant deposit on hunt sold in a closed concession. Some here seem to have lost sight of the fact that we are not talking about a $5000 deposit but an $80,0000 deposit. Some here also seem to be more concerned with how pointing that fact out reflects on some folks than they are with getting the money back into your pocket. I wonder if their attitude might be a bit different if it was their $80,000 . . .

Mike

Posts: 21237 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sure hope you recover your $80k. Sad all the way around. Hoping the best for you Sir.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MJines:
Corey, hope you see your money sooner rather than later. And while “keeping the pot stirred” may not expedite that process it cannot hurt to keep a bright light shined on the situation. Ridiculous to have to wait 1/2 a year to be refunded a significant deposit on hunt sold in a closed concession. Some here seem to have lost sight of the fact that we are not talking about a $5000 deposit but an $80,0000 deposit. Some here also seem to be more concerned with how pointing that fact out reflects on some folks than they are with getting the money back into your pocket. I wonder if their attitude might be a bit different if it was their $80,000 . . .

Lawyer talk again?

The man who actually took the money, Ibri, is responsible to paying it back.

I know you have a thing against Andrew, but he was not the man receiving the money.

He is out of pocket too, because this was cancelled.

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
. . . maybe Andrew will share with us what he is “out of pocket” on this specific hunt (that he sold by the way) versus the $80,000 Corey is “out of pocket”. Out of pocket is money you have spent, out of your pocket, not a lost opportunity to make money you never had in the first place.

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Zambia, as most other African hunting states have their non-governmental hunting associations/authorities that act as "watchdogs" over the hunting industry as well as maintaining contact with government institutions concerning hunting related matters.

These recognized "authorities" are related to Professional Hunters on the one hand and Outfitters/Operators on the other and
the aim of these associations is to try to ensure fair play by its members to avoid bringing the industry into disrepute.

Question begs: has there been an official complaint lodged with any of these two entities by the injured party and if there has, what was their reply?

Posts: 1908 | Registered: 06 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fulvio:
Zambia, as most other African hunting states have their non-governmental hunting associations/authorities that act as "watchdogs" over the hunting industry as well as maintaining contact with government institutions concerning hunting related matters.

These recognized "authorities" are related to Professional Hunters on the one hand and Outfitters/Operators on the other and
the aim of these associations is to try to ensure fair play by its members to avoid bringing the industry into disrepute.

Question begs: has there been an official complaint lodged with any of these two entities by the injured party and if there has, what was their reply?

I believe CME has mentioned contacting Roland Norton about this matter . He is the head of the association I believe. Whether this was a formal complaint or not, I do not know .

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ibelieve CME has mentioned contacting Roland Norton about this matter . He is the head of the association I believe. Whether this was a formal complaint or not, I do not know .

I forgot to mention that the association can only apply pressure on an offending outfitter if that person is a member and the "dodgy" operators will obviously be reluctant to be part of the membership.

If this operator "IBI" (whatever that stands for) is not a member then there is SFA that the association can do and as a suggestion, it might be worth checking out an operator's credentials related to the above prior doing business.

Posts: 1908 | Registered: 06 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Ibelieve CME has mentioned contacting Roland Norton about this matter . He is the head of the association I believe. Whether this was a formal complaint or not, I do not know .

I forgot to mention that the association can only apply pressure on an offending outfitter if that person is a member and the "dodgy" operators will obviously be reluctant to be part of the membership.

If this operator "IBI" (whatever that stands for) is not a member then there is SFA that the association can do and as a suggestion, it might be worth checking out an operator's credentials related to the above prior doing business.

Andrew claims Ibi is on the executive committee, but others have posted that he is merely an associate member of the organization.

quote:
Originally posted by fairgame:
Saeed I have known Ibi for a long time and he is on the executive committee of the Safari Operators Association.

I figured I better include the quote before Andrew goes back and edits it also.

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:

People are quoting the Professional Hunters Association which has nothing to do with this and the Safari Operators Association is the abiding body of which Ibi is an executive member!

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Mike you keep indicating fraud and I sold a closed concession. That is slander.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Bottom line is that you were betting on the come. Hoping the tender, re-tender process and the inevitable litigation that ensued would not ultimately shut down the concession. The bet was lost and Corey is left holding the bag . . . and you telling Corey good luck getting your money back from Ibi.

Mike

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Bottom line is that you were betting on the come. Hoping the tender, re-tender process and the inevitable litigation that ensued would not ultimately shut down the concession. The bet was lost and Corey is left holding the bag . . . and you telling Corey good luck getting your money back from Ibi.

Got a message from Zambia.

Not sure how true it is.

Apparently concession holders have political connections.

They assumed, regardless of the outcome of the new government proposals, THEY will still have their concessions.

Bloody hell, beginning to sound like Party Politics in America! clap

One of Us
posted Hide Post
R-E-F-U-N-D where is it?

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
R-E-F-U-N-D where is it?

Exactly!

I am very sorry to see what you are going through.

Totally unacceptable!

I hope every one takes notes.

Never, EVER, book a hunt on that concession!

And I hope Andrew stops hunting on that concession too.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
R-E-F-U-N-D where is it?

From Andrew on the other thread on 9/21/23:

I will receive your apology later and have forwarded this content to the operator whom I spoke with this evening and will produce emails and WhatsApp correspondence relating to this issue. Your deposits will be repaid in full and I am sorry your Father is experiencing an illness.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
quote:
R-E-F-U-N-D where is it?

Exactly!

I am very sorry to see what you are going through.

Totally unacceptable!

I hope every one takes notes.

Never, EVER, book a hunt on that concession!

And I hope Andrew stops hunting on that concession too.

I disagree. The concession is not the issue. The operator is the problem. I wouldn't send Ibi a Zimbabwe dollar.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Saeed, that is where you and I see things differently. If someone sells me a hunt, is party to all communication, and receives a copy of the contract then I hold them responsible for facilitating the refund. Fairgame stood to benefit from this hunt just like the outfitter. I would not have sent money to the outfitter had it not been for the reputation of Fairgame on this site. It is actually sad that it has now been 6 months and not a single dollar has been returned.

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
This ^^^

Mike