THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BIG BORE FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Big Bores    416-458-50 SS-50 B&M Series Cartridges/Rifles
Page 1 ... 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 69

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

416-458-50 SS-50 B&M Series Cartridges/Rifles Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of michael458
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FAST996:
Is that a CM receiver or a melonited SS action. I have a SS 300 RUM classic and would be interested in the finish of that rifle.

Fast... Blued receiver that got the GunKote finish on it, along with the sights.....

It is sharp... Looks better in hand than photos....

Our Own RIP was the first to do this or similar, then Cross did his 458 Super Short... I was supposed to have my new 50 Super Short done this way, but our wires got crossed and I got a stainless GunKote on mine, so it just looks like a stainless rifle....

I knew this was going to look great with that Laminated stock.......

M

http://www.b-mriflesandcartridges.com/default.html

The New Word is "Non-Conventional", add "Conventional" to the Endangered Species List!
Live Outside The Box of "Conventional Wisdom"

I do Not Own Any Part of Any Bullet Company, I am not in the Employ Of Any Bullet Company. I do not represent, own stock, nor do I receive any proceeds, or monies from ANY BULLET COMPANY. I am not in the bullet business, and have no Bullets to sell to you, nor anyone else.

Posts: 8426 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: 23 June 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yep

My 458 SS looks great and i think I really need the laminate stock for it.

tu2

Posts: 6725 | Location: central Texas | Registered: 05 August 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of michael458
posted Hide Post
quote:

I know where you can get one!!!!
hilbily

Crap, turned the page so I am going to put the photo of that rifle up again......

The New Word is "Non-Conventional", add "Conventional" to the Endangered Species List!

I do Not Own Any Part of Any Bullet Company, I am not in the Employ Of Any Bullet Company. I do not represent, own stock, nor do I receive any proceeds, or monies from ANY BULLET COMPANY. I am not in the bullet business, and have no Bullets to sell to you, nor anyone else.

Posts: 8426 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: 23 June 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by michael458:
quote:

hilbily

Crap, turned the page so I am going to put the photo of that rifle up again......

What an ugly weapon, who would ever want a rifle that looks like that! No way I can let Paul have that for his first big bore. You go ahead and wrap that one up for me and get something better looking going for Paul sofa

Posts: 718 | Location: va | Registered: 30 January 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
Speaking of Super Shorts...
Was thinking a 348 SS could be sweet for rats to moose.
Would duplicate the 348 Win in a handy dandy 6lb gun and no OAL issues.
The 200 grain Hornady flex tip would be sweet for it.
A 165 grain 348 non con would be even sweeter at 2,800 fps.
Juuuuust thinking...

577 BME 3"500 KILL ALL 358 GREMLIN 404-375

*we band of 45-70ers* (Founder)
Single Shot Shooters Society S.S.S.S. (Founder)

Posts: 27600 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I;m presently custom stocking one of your rifles in a 416 B&M...Pretty impressive looking round and I really like the Accurate Inovations bedding system on the original mod. 70 factory stock..I was going to try and incorporate it into the custom stock, but wasn't comfortable with trying that on a client rifle..So I will glass bed, cross bolt and add a second barrel recoil lug to it...

I have a box of ammo to file in the irons and will also chronograph it and do a little load work on it while I have it..May build one for myself at some point on a Mauser action. Nice case for a shorter action rifle.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41859 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of michael458
posted Hide Post
quote:
I;m presently custom stocking one of your rifles in a 416 B&M...Pretty impressive looking round ..............

I have a box of ammo to file in the irons and will also chronograph it and do a little load work on it while I have it.

Thanks Ray, do keep us posted on the outcome.......

Michael

One of Us
Picture of michael458
posted Hide Post
quote:
What an ugly weapon, who would ever want a rifle that looks like that! No way I can let Paul have that for his first big bore. You go ahead and wrap that one up for me and get something better looking going for Paul

HEH..... Yes, Brent, oh, and by the way, I have your rifle put together, in its "Camo" Ultimate Stock, it looks pretty spiffy as well with that gunkote receiver, and sights....... Feed and function 100%... Will start shooting those guns some this week to check them out... and wear the gunkote in too. Bolt is still sticky from gunkote, but will wear in slick.......... As you already know....

Maybe I hold both of those rifles Hostage...... Until "Pie" arrives.... HEH HEH......

Might even take a photo or two for you....
Michael

One of Us
Picture of michael458
posted Hide Post
RIFLE REPORT................

Have been working in Kevins 375 B&M this week. Was hoping for some really super results from the .375 230 Raptor, but accuracy was not up to par, not good enough for me anyway. Out of 3 rounds there seemed to be 1 that just did not want to play nice with the other two??? I suppose its right on that edge of stability. I am not sure what the twist rate is, but we know that the Raptors require fast twists.....

I was able to run the 230 Raptor to a tiny bit over 2900 fps in the 20 inch tube. But, I liked the 2800-2850 load better.

I wanted to load Kevin some of these and send with the rifle, but decided to load the 275 BBW#13 at 2725 fps for him, they are in 1 hole at 50 yards..... Nothing wrong with that.

Kevin, rifle leaves on Monday headed for Alaska and you FFL guy............

Please do keep us posted on your adventures in Alaska with it!

Michael

One of Us
Picture of michael458
posted Hide Post
We have another B&M headed out Monday as well. Another 416 B&M is headed to Texas to my friend there Jerry Lindsey. Jerry is a super nice fellow. He just returned from Zimbabwe busting a buffalo with I believe it was either 416 Rigby, or 416 Remington using 400 DGX. He got his buffalo, but the DGX did not produce much trauma and put the buff down. In fact it went well over a 100 yds with a heart shot, and had to be put down with DGS. Jerry will be using proper bullets next time that will produce a bit more trauma to target.

Jerry's rifle is one of the rifles that I had built, to sale, as I occasionally do, because I love doing it. It never even made the website and I don't have any photos of it specifically, but will show you a 458 B&M that looks exactly like it. Jerry's rifle has one of the Winchester laminated Stocks on it that I bought from CDNN. Very inexpensive, $49.95. And, spend a $150 or so on it to have it bedded by SSK it will last a lifetime. There is no checkering on these, and while they are not so pretty and fine, they do the job, they are tough as nails, and allow folks to get into a rifle at a bit better price. And, one can always later down the road upgrade these with a proper Accurate Innovations stock of your choice. Jerry's rifle sports a 20 inch barrel, standard B&M configuration of NECG Barrel band front and NECG adjustable rear. Rifle is black matte Gunkoted, and is ready to go to the field, its a serious working gun. I am also sending Jerry a Black Ultimate Stock to go with it. Speaking of which, CDNN has some of those back in stock right now, I bought 20 of them this week.

I have not shot Jerry's rifle in, or fired it at all. He is going to do that. He is taking it on its first outing to Alaska, Kodiak to be exact, I believe its September when he leaves. In our conversations he is very interested in the new 225 gr BBW#13 NonCon for this mission, BEAR..... I will be sending him some bullets, brass, and even some loaded rounds with the 225 #13 to get started on.

This is a 458, but its exactly the same as the 416.............

One of Us
Picture of michael458
posted Hide Post
Guys, you must forgive me, I can't help but put that B&M Buffalo on display.... I do LOVE that card, and buffalo! If I can, I am going to put it on everything I own! LOL......

Michael

One of Us
Picture of capoward
posted Hide Post
quote:
Guys, you must forgive me, I can't help but put that B&M Buffalo on display.... I do LOVE that card, and buffalo! If I can, I am going to put it on everything I own! LOL......

Michael
Michael,

They're your photographs and the B&M Buffalo looks darn good - whether it's on the business card or one of the accessories - so no forgiveness needed. tu2

Jim coffee
"Life's hard; it's harder if you're stupid"
John Wayne

Posts: 4954 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 15 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Michael

Michael,
A quart of shine + B&M buffalo on everything = tattoo shocker

Joking aside, you should be proud in displaying it, that buffalo stands for everything you have done and are still doing......no apology needed.

If a person can't learn from the Terminals and the B&M thread. There head is harder than the boss on the buffalo.

Posts: 424 | Location: Lk. St.Clair | Registered: 11 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of michael458
posted Hide Post
Thanks Jim and Coyote...... I do love that buffalo!

My darling little wife worked hard on that buffalo going through many generations to get it to where SHE wanted it. Lots of graphics and hours of work put into that bugger! I take no credit for nothing.... All I said was the logo had to be a BUFFALO... She took it from there. She is a jewel with these sorts of things. She is still not really happy with the Font used, I like it, but she is looking at HER assortment of 11'000 different fonts now along with doing other things.

Speaking of some other things she is doing, She is revamping the entire SSK Industries Website for JD and SSK. There will be a brand spanking new SSK Website before too long, she has much of it completed now, and needs photos of other SSK rifles, handguns, contenders, and all sorts of things that SSK does. Of course, B&M will have a place on the new SSK site and photos for that is easy for her to get! LOL....... When completed and published I will add a link for you guys to look at. About time........

Michael

One of Us
Picture of michael458
posted Hide Post
Hey, do you guys remember that little $100 Bushnell red dot I had on one of my 50 B&M Super Shorts?????

On the morning of February 14th I turned it ON... Power setting 6 and as I calculate it has been on for a tad over 32 days continuous right now, and still looks just as bright as NEW...... These things are pretty spiffy, I ordered another one today, along with a new Tube UltraDot thing.....

[/IMG]

one of us
posted Hide Post
Th old SSK web site was very interesting ... from a long time ago to now ... Should be truly fascinating with all the new stuff to be added to it. tu2

Posts: 28032 | Location: KY | Registered: 09 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The battery life is claimed to be 3000 hours,they don't say a what setting. But at 3000 hours some where around June 18 it might need a new battery.

There is a rebate 20% of the purchase price from Bushnell from 3/1/13 to 4/30/13.

Posts: 424 | Location: Lk. St.Clair | Registered: 11 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Michael,thanks for all you done for me,getting everything togather.I apreciate it you are a good man,a stand up guy,I am a little disappointed that the 230 raptors will not work so I will use the 270 barns or 260 accupoint,kev

One of Us
Picture of michael458
posted Hide Post
quote:
Th old SSK web site was very interesting ... from a long time ago to now ... Should be truly fascinating with all the new stuff to be added to it.

RIP...... I agree, JD is going in this week for knee surgery, and will be out a week or so, this will put in some delays. She is now waiting on some photos, practically has most of it finished, but I think the photo process is going to be a little slow.

quote:
The battery life is claimed to be 3000 hours,they don't say a what setting. But at 3000 hours some where around June 18 it might need a new battery.

I take it that is in the book? RTB... Read The Book! I need to start doing that, I did not know that, but 3000 hours on a CR2032 which is cheap to begin with, most certainly would get one through a 2-3 week hunt with continuous ON.... Not bad I think for a $100.00... Rather small too. I am going to be working with these the next few months and see how they do, and working with myself as well to see how I DO with them. Up close and open ground I think I am good to go, Brush? Not so confident in the brush?

quote:
Michael,thanks for all you done for me,getting everything togather.I apreciate it you are a good man,a stand up guy,I am a little disappointed that the 230 raptors will not work so I will use the 270 barns or 260 accupoint,kev

Kev, your 375 B&M left on schedule yesterday, so it is riding around on the Fed Ex somewhere between us? Do let us know when you get it and keep us posted on its progress.

Go with the Barnes.... Come boys, I am not all up on 375 caliber bullets, What is out there Kev can use on his new adventures with his 375 B&M in Alaska? He can run the 270 Barnes to 2700 fps, but is there a "Super" 250 out there?

Someone asked, I think Dave, a bit ago why I went with a cut off RUM instead of just taking up a WSM case for the B&Ms. One thing, I like to squeeze down better than going up. It is far easier, and currently ALL B&Ms and Super Shorts, and 50 B&M AK can just run through the size die and load up! Easy as that, and one of the great advantages to squeezing DOWN, instead of Taking UP.... The 500 MDM is taken up from 375 RUM, and is a bitch, not nearly as easy. More steps involved, Sam recently made a 3 step punch for me to take 375 up manually without having to load corn meal loads. He of course tried it, and the brass looks GREAT.. I have not had time yet to run any, and not even real sure I have much 375RUM on hand to try? Have to look.....

Well, what that entire paragraph is leading to is this. The other day was cleaning a batch of like brass, in this was 9.3 B&M and 338 WSM... A photograph tells the rest of the story and why I rather have a cut and trimmed piece of RUM for the B&Ms instead of WSM going up.

One of Us
Picture of LionHunter
posted Hide Post
I am anxious to hear how that Bushnell holds up to recoil. So get busy! I can't begin testing mine as I am up to my neck in other red-dots currently going on the 500NE and the 458B&M that must be zeroed and tested. Keep us posted.

Mike
NRA Life
Sables Life
Mzuri
IPHA

"To be a Marine is enough."

Posts: 3577 | Location: Silicon Valley | Registered: 19 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of michael458
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LionHunter:
I am anxious to hear how that Bushnell holds up to recoil. So get busy! I can't begin testing mine as I am up to my neck in other red-dots currently going on the 500NE and the 458B&M that must be zeroed and tested. Keep us posted.

Oh, for sure, I will be ringing them out over the next few months. I intend to see if they can be broken.... I got another one of those little Bushnells on the way from Midway yesterday... Earth tone color, you know, I was just shopping, could not resist it. If it can break, we can break it!

One of Us
Picture of michael458
posted Hide Post
I received another little bushnell yesterday that is Earth Tone color... Nice... But I can't find the red dot??? I think it is broken! Sending it back Monday to see what is what....
Damn!

Got that Ultra Dot 6, tube, different reticles dots, like the Bushnell. Very nice looking and heavy duty looking piece of equipment.

Now, I have a little question for all of you watching or reading. I am leaving for Africa sometime in July, will be in Zim on the 14th for sure, booked. Thinking I will pitch up in South Africa, Andrew and I bust some wildebeasts and whatever to do some shooting before going to Zim. In Zim I have at least two buffalo bulls on my list, hippo, crocodile maybe, and who knows what else.

Now, I am taking one of my 458 B&Ms, in my assortment of loads I intend to use, one of them is going to be that new 250 gr BBW#13 NonCon HP at 2850 fps in that 18 inch gun. For sure, I will be taking other heavier bullets as well and so on, so forth... Blah Blah Blah.

I had thought to take my hi grade bastogne 50 B&M... But now I have decided to go another route. I have done everything with the 50 B&M and the 500 MDM. The boys and CrossL did much with all the Super Shorts... So not much interested in taking a Super Short this time. No, I am not taking a 9.3 B&M either.

I have made up my mind already..... But the question is, what do you guys think I should or would take for this trip?

bewildered

Michael

One of Us
Picture of Thenie Meanie
posted Hide Post
dancing
HAPPY BIRTHDAY CROSSL!
dancing

“What day is it,?" asked Pooh.
"It's today," squeaked Piglet.
"My favorite day," said Pooh.”

Posts: 63 | Location: Texas | Registered: 08 November 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Michael

Pack-up a 416 and those new 225Non-Cons and try them out on the wildebeests and maybe shoot a zebra rug for Mercedes. Heck with the 416 she might want to shoot her own rug.

Theenie---- old

sofa

Posts: 6725 | Location: central Texas | Registered: 05 August 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of capoward
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cross L:
Michael

Pack-up a 416 and those new 225Non-Cons and try them out on the wildebeests and maybe shoot a zebra rug for Mercedes. Heck with the 416 she might want to shoot her own rug.

Theenie---- old

sofa
tu2 +2 on this recommendation. But use it as your single rifle for both countries. Prove it as the best all-around minimum caliber for plains and DG...

Jim coffee
John Wayne

Posts: 4954 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 15 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of michael458
posted Hide Post
Cross and Jim......

Yes, the 416 camo I have was very very high on the list, and especially with that 225 bullet...
but alas boys, I have had 416 B&M to the field a few times, and the boys, and Cross and a few others. In fact just got off the phone with Jerry Lindsey, a buddy in TX, just got his 416 B&M today and called to tell me how much he liked it. It is on the way to Kodiak Island this fall for brown bear, and with that new 225 gr #13......

This is what I have decided to take to South Africa and Zimbabwe this year............

One of Us
Picture of michael458
posted Hide Post
Oh........

AND YES Sean

A big Happy Birthday Buddy....... old

I am pleased I'm not as OLD AS YOU...... HEH HEH..... In fact, I did not know humans could reach
that age? bewildered

sofa

beer

Happy Birthday Pal..... Enjoy, drink some Shine.... YIPPIE......

Michael

One of Us
Picture of capoward
posted Hide Post
Michael,
50 B&M Alaskan - yep that'll do. Probable is time to prove the cartridge as more than DG ready!

Sean,
Happy Birthday!

Jim coffee
John Wayne

One of Us
Picture of Dave Bush
posted Hide Post
quote:

This is what I have decided to take to South Africa and Zimbabwe this year............

Gosh Michael, that is a beauty. Who did the wood and the engraving?

Dave
DRSS
Chapuis 9.3X74
Chapuis "Jungle" .375 FL
Krieghoff 500/.416 NE
Krieghoff 500 NE

"Git as close as y can laddie an then git ten yards closer"

"If the biggest, baddest animals on the planet are on the menu, and you'd rather pay a taxidermist than a mortician, consider the 500 NE as the last word in life insurance." Hornady Handbook of Cartridge Reloading (8th Edition).

Posts: 3728 | Location: Midwest | Registered: 26 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LionHunter
posted Hide Post
Sean - Very best on your birthday! clap

Michael - When I unpacked the Bushnell similar to the one you had on the lever gun at DSC - the one with red or green and 4 different reticles - the reticle selector switch failed. I called Bushnell rather than the dealer and they replaced it immediately. Lifetime warranty on that model. Only 3 years (I think that's correct) on the other one. So you only have 3 years to break it! Ha-Ha! Eeker

I gotta call you so we can talk about CEB handgun bullets for large bore hunting handguns. Might be time for some research in that arena. Whistling

Mike
NRA Life
Sables Life
Mzuri
IPHA

"To be a Marine is enough."

Posts: 3577 | Location: Silicon Valley | Registered: 19 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sean,
Happy birthday buddy having a sip of pie here to celebrate for you beer

Michael,
With all of the fine rifles you have why take such a thing with you. Do they really still make lever action weapons or are you still restoring the stuff from the 1800's stir

Posts: 718 | Location: va | Registered: 30 January 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of michael458
posted Hide Post
quote:
Gosh Michael, that is a beauty. Who did the wood and the engraving?

Dave, that is one of the Win/Browning Hi Grades they did in 1986. They did 3000 rifles and 3000 Carbines, all M71s and 348. This one of course is 50 B&M Alaskan.

And it, and the cartridge is LONG OVER DUE for some field work!

Mike

Yes, I am sending Monday straight to Bushnell, this little earth tone one really looks good on that lever gun, small. The bigger Ultra Dot tube is as big, slightly bigger than the bushnell trophy, its a two ring tube, and has the 4 reticles as well, and that wonderful circle dot I like so good. BUT ITS AWFUL looking on that lever gun, big, and it just don't look right on a lever. Bolt, yes, Auto, Yes, but a lever, no! I am taking the black one off the Super Short, putting on the lever, and for the next few months I am going to be hammering that lever gun. I am very concerned about my being effective with the red dot and my eyes, so I am going to do a lot of outside field shooting with this setup, testing my eyes, what I see, and how I shoot with it.

Now to start considering bullets...... bewildered

BBW#13 Copper handgun bullets, yes, some serious things coming, and in .500 too!

Michael

One of Us
Picture of michael458
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by brent ebeling:

Michael,
With all of the fine rifles you have why take such a thing with you. Do they really still make lever action weapons or are you still restoring the stuff from the 1800's stir

Well, I was thinking before I decided on the lever gun, that I might just hold this hostage long enough and take it............... rotflmo

HEH.............

one of us
posted Hide Post
holycow
That is a wickedly good looking "South Carolina Carbine." Plumb purty. tu2
Does the camera angle make it look shorter than 16" in the barrel?

Posts: 28032 | Location: KY | Registered: 09 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of michael458
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RIP:
holycow
That is a wickedly good looking "South Carolina Carbine." Plumb purty. tu2
Does the camera angle make it look shorter than 16" in the barrel?

RIP......... Just camera angle, barrel is actually 18 inches........

I have 3 of these, this one is the second one built, I have never even fired the 3rd one
just have not had time to mess with it.......

On this mission in which I intend to embark, I am thinking of 335 NonCon/375 Solids, or
365 NonCon/405 Solids. I also want to do some things with the new 400 North Fork Premium
and some other things as well if I can get POI proper.

I don't like forward mounted scout scopes for this, the field of view is horrible on all of them.

I don't want a BIG heavy duty red dot system. The little Bushnell looks ok, and seems to work great.
If something happens with that, I might look at that Trijicon RMR that I put on the 500 MDM for Stan.

My biggest concerns with this is how I am going to see when in the field, especially with brush. These days, even with a scope I am having a hell of a time seeing the angle at which an animal is standing, I know that sounds stupid, but true, especially with a quick shot. I think I must do a lot of field shooting on this one, and intend to.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi Michael,

I see you are taking my gun finally on a hunt. I guess my love of that gun has made you jealous.

Just to let everyone know, this was my absolute favorite gun and cartridge to fire from the B&M line. A lever gun with .458mag power and .50" hole is just awesome.

John
North Fork Technologies

North Fork Technologies
www.northforkbullets.com

Posts: 158 | Location: Philomath, Oregon | Registered: 26 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Michael,
You might try one of the Sig Sauer red dots. We've had great luck with them.

Nice looking '71, but what's all that shinny stuff on the stock?

Posts: 1324 | Location: Oregon rain forests | Registered: 30 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
quote:
My biggest concerns with this is how I am going to see when in the field, especially with brush. These days, even with a scope I am having a hell of a time seeing the angle at which an animal is standing, I know that sounds stupid, but true, especially with a quick shot. I think I must do a lot of field shooting on this one, and intend to.

Will a pistol holographic sight be good enough for you? I bet it would be great for close up.

http://www.natchezss.com/produ...Detail&prodID=OSPMRS
The BSA Multi-Purpose Sighting Systems are a wonderful lightweight sight for close quarter and medium range targets. Light enough for small calibers plinking on the range, yet durable enough for larger calibers used by hunters and law enforcement departments.

SPECIFICATIONS:

Magnification: 1x
Obj. Lens Diameter: 34x24mm
Optimum Eye Relief (in): Unlimited
Parallax Setting: 50 yds
FOV @100yds 68ft
Click Adjustment Value: 1/2
Adjustment Range: 45 - 45
Multi reticle PMRS (4 patterns)
Weight: 3.70 oz

577 BME 3"500 KILL ALL 358 GREMLIN 404-375

*we band of 45-70ers* (Founder)
Single Shot Shooters Society S.S.S.S. (Founder)

Posts: 27600 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of michael458
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by North Fork:
Hi Michael,

I see you are taking my gun finally on a hunt. I guess my love of that gun has made you jealous.

Just to let everyone know, this was my absolute favorite gun and cartridge to fire from the B&M line. A lever gun with .458mag power and .50" hole is just awesome.

John
North Fork Technologies

John, Yes for sure, way past time. Shooting today, sight in the little bushnell dot, everything in a hole at 25 yds. Using loads set for the Marlins, think I am going up a tiny bit in the M71.....

I want to take a closer look at the new Winchester M71s too........

Michael

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Michael

Do you think there is a difference between the 50 and the 475?