THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    A Bigger Texas Buck has been Killed???
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A Bigger Texas Buck has been Killed???
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of jb
posted Hide Post
You've never hunted out in the world,and you feel as though you have credibility?
I will say to you what a wise old man,said to me when I was your age,a "couple" years ago.
He said "jb!" "We should put you in charge,while you still know everything."

SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

Posts: 2937 | Location: minnesota | Registered: 26 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If I had Tasun's tech skills I'd post a picture of a giant duck and tell you he was "harvested" off my well managed, protien fed Texas duck pond.

Perry

Posts: 2249 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 01 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Eland Slayer
posted Hide Post
I never claimed to know everything. I'm just trying to defend a pastime that I, and many others, enjoy.

Hunt Report - South Africa 2022

Wade Abadie - Wild Shot Photography
Website | Facebook | Instagram

Posts: 3110 | Location: Hockley, TX | Registered: 01 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
he was "harvested" off my well managed, protien fed Texas duck pond

and for the record, perry brought texas back into the fight.

Posts: 51246 | Location: Chinook, Montana | Registered: 01 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
nice.

Perry

Posts: 2249 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 01 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of FMC
posted Hide Post
Hey TS.

Those last two. Too fucking funny!!!!!

But I thought it was: "call someone who gives a shit." Not buy a clue.

There are two types of people in the world: those that get things done and those who make excuses. There are no others.

Posts: 1444 | Location: El Campo Texas | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
quote:
To depict many things as non fair chase is getting to the point of shooting ones self in the foot and all hunters will end up paying the extreme price of feeding the antis, over the ignorance of a few....

Mr. Atkinson, thumb thumb

My hat is off to you Sir, i think that is the best comment that has been made on this subject.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FMC:
Dude, "the old man and the boy." Funny shit.

Although I am concerned......Are you a member of NMBLA? Were you once an alter boy? Did an old man once touch you as he was 'splaining the traditions of hunting and being in the woods.

what exactly was your attmept with this post?
you failed to be able to argue your point and now, embarassed, you choose call epople names because you have no foundation to argue a point?

let me provide this qute that has you so worked up again.
It must really hit home for you to get so riled up.

Just for you FMC.
for you posts were you said "I hunt because I enjoy it. I don't care about tradition, I like killing shit it's fun"
Ah, the words of a true sportsman.

from The Old Man and the Boy : "...if there's one thing I despise it's a killer, some blood-crazy idiot that just goes around bam-bamming at everything he sees. A man who takes pleasure in death just for death's sake is rotten somewhere inside, and you'll find him doing things later in life that'll prove it."

now i remember were i've seen your fat ass before.didnt you used to have a mustache when you worked at the circus?

Posts: 3986 | Location: in the tall grass "milling" around. | Registered: 09 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Theres only two things that scare me...and nukes is one of them.

Whats the other?

Beg your pardone?

The other thing that scares you?

Oh, carnies. Smallish hands and they smell of cabbage

Austin Powers.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Kstephens
Not to come to anyones defense but we all like to kill stuff or we'd all carry cameras. Javelina, coyotes, turtles with a .22. No real reason other than fun to shoot.

Dont read me wrong though, I dont want to see song birds or every last animal shot BUT we obviously like what we do.
Perry

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by perry:
Kstephens
Not to come to anyones defense but we all like to kill stuff or we'd all carry cameras. Javelina, coyotes, turtles with a .22. No real reason other than fun to shoot.

Dont read me wrong though, I dont want to see song birds or every last animal shot BUT we obviously like what we do.
Perry

most people around here shoot coyotes foxs turtles ect to manage land. those animals take over areas and cause harm to other animals.
no one said you shouldnt "enjoy" hunting. but to use hunting as an excuse to kill things?
for the mere pleasure of watching something die?
you want to defend that behavior?
you want him to represent you?

what FMC said was..."I don't care about tradition, I like killing shit it's fun"

thats borderline sociopathic. ill bet he tortured small animals as a kid.

Posts: 3986 | Location: in the tall grass "milling" around. | Registered: 09 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Copidosoma
posted Hide Post
quote:
we all like to kill stuff or we'd all carry cameras. Javelina, coyotes, turtles with a .22. No real reason other than fun to shoot.

OK, lets not go there or this thread is going to be 15 pages long.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Kstephens
Calling some physcopathic because he says, in the context of hunting, he likes to kill stuff is a stretch. Back to your original arguement, why would you kill foxes and coyotes? Isn't that the same thing as killing dominant bucks so inferior bucks with larger antlers can breed? Interfering with the natural order?

Perry

one of us
posted Hide Post
Now the philsophy is rampant, over the top, gung hoo, Rude behavior from people that are probably pretty nice folks in the real world have found an escape from civility and dedicated themselves to this rude behavior and the trollism is on the move!

Only in cyberspace, where one can use a ficticious name and hide behind it, is this practice totally allowed, a release of passions when ones wife refused him last night or he ate too much and needs to expell hia gas to the millions.

I suppose its a good release for those that border on shooting the school principle, so maybe its a good thing! lefty lefty sofa

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42171 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of FMC
posted Hide Post
KS, TS.

Dudes, I guess you don't realize I am just screwing with you guys. I'm sorry if you took me seriously.

Inasmuch as I admire the passion evoked by all y'all's responses in your beliefs (which is something you should to be proud of), I really get a kick out of seeing (reading) just how pissed you guys get- I think it's funnier-n-shit. I can just imagine you guys talking to yourselves....what an asshole......... as you feverishly type a heated response.

Me-I type with a smile on my face, with every intent on yanking your chain. Nothing personal, just screwin with ya. Joker-yes, asshole-sure I agree, but maliscious-no, just having fun.
Sorry if I offended you. But shit, it's the goddamn I N T E R N E T.

Could be worse, I sent my Urologist buddy a 2 year subscription to Out Magazine (the leading gay & lesbian magazine) to his office...in his name. I would love to see the facial expression of his male patients in the waiting room.

P.S. I haven't has so much fun since the CRF vs push debate.

P.S.S. Wasn't that Ron Jeremy? I wish I were him Smiler

There are two types of people in the world: those that get things done and those who make excuses. There are no others.

Posts: 1444 | Location: El Campo Texas | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by perry:
Kstephens
Calling some physcopathic because he says, in the context of hunting, he likes to kill stuff is a stretch. Back to your original arguement, why would you kill foxes and coyotes? Isn't that the same thing as killing dominant bucks so inferior bucks with larger antlers can breed? Interfering with the natural order?

Perry

actually i said sociopathic.
If your brain cells wernt fried from deer corn dust you'd know the difference.

One of Us
Picture of FMC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KSTEPHENS:

Actually, protein makes more dust than corn.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FMC:
quote:
Originally posted by KSTEPHENS:

Actually, protein makes more dust than corn.

whatever Gacey.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Could be worse, I sent my Urologist buddy a 2 year subscription to Out Magazine (the leading gay & lesbian magazine) to his office...in his name. I would love to see the facial expression of his male patients in the waiting room.

that's funny.

Posts: 51246 | Location: Chinook, Montana | Registered: 01 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
HEY, thats apple flavored corn dust to you.

Perry

One of Us
posted Hide Post
But for the record I dont think I was rude in any of my responses and certainly did not mean to be. If I came across that way I am sorry, seriously.

Perry

one of us
Picture of jb
posted Hide Post
hey,if any of us was offended,we wouldnt have to come back here to this thread.I actually look forward to seeing the responses.usually,i dont get this bored till after season.I started a thread on this same subject last year.I remember perry from last year,but i think everyone else is new.Maybe after hunting season I will see if I can piss george roof off again.As for now ,its off hunting for the weekend in the 640,000 acre natl forest..

SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

Posts: 2937 | Location: minnesota | Registered: 26 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jb
posted Hide Post
sorry,my mistake.16,000,000 acres ,not 640,000. dancing http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chippewa_National_Forest

SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

one of us
Picture of The Slug
posted Hide Post
"whatever Gacey."

That was funny too!

-+-+-

"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun." - The Dalai Lama

Posts: 730 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: 15 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of NEJack
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JTEX:
Any buck up to 150" - $3,500
Any buck between 150"-170" - $5,000
Any buck between 170"-200" - $9,000

Sounds a lot more like selling deer than selling hunts. Sounds retail. Yeah, yeah, I know you are not the only person thinking this way. Oh, yeah, and it is legal, but is it right?

Making money off of a natural resource that belongs to everyone in the state? What are you going to give back to the people of the state for this privelidge? Or is this in your mind a right ( beacause at this time it is legal ) because you would own the land so you can enclose native game for your own private use and profit?

And yes you are right, I have no idea of your Dads financial condition, you are also right that it is none of my business, I was using that as a hypothetical. It could happen, many people have gone broke and many more will.

It used to be legal to trap migratory gamebirds but that is not legal anymore. Laws change all the time some even change for the better.

I don't like "canned" hunts. Wasn't raised that way, and it is starting to change the sport of hunting in the US for the worse. Used to be you could hunt somewhere for the price of helping out the land owner (mending fences, etc.), now it can cost thousands of dollars. Where I hunt in Nebraska is across the river from some deer leases. Many of those guys get pretty mad if you shoot "their" deer on your own property (had a real interesting encounter once with a guy who didn't like the fact the land on our side of the river is owned by my wife's uncle).

But this is the way of the future. And it will destroy the hunting traditions of the USA. We will become more like the Old World, where only the rich and noble could hunt.

Posts: 727 | Location: Eastern Iowa (NUTS!) | Registered: 29 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NEJack:
quote:
Originally posted by JTEX:
Any buck up to 150" - $3,500
Any buck between 150"-170" - $5,000
Any buck between 170"-200" - $9,000

Sounds a lot more like selling deer than selling hunts. Sounds retail. Yeah, yeah, I know you are not the only person thinking this way. Oh, yeah, and it is legal, but is it right?

Making money off of a natural resource that belongs to everyone in the state? What are you going to give back to the people of the state for this privelidge? Or is this in your mind a right ( beacause at this time it is legal ) because you would own the land so you can enclose native game for your own private use and profit?

And yes you are right, I have no idea of your Dads financial condition, you are also right that it is none of my business, I was using that as a hypothetical. It could happen, many people have gone broke and many more will.

It used to be legal to trap migratory gamebirds but that is not legal anymore. Laws change all the time some even change for the better.

I don't like "canned" hunts. Wasn't raised that way, and it is starting to change the sport of hunting in the US for the worse. Used to be you could hunt somewhere for the price of helping out the land owner (mending fences, etc.), now it can cost thousands of dollars. Where I hunt in Nebraska is across the river from some deer leases. Many of those guys get pretty mad if you shoot "their" deer on your own property (had a real interesting encounter once with a guy who didn't like the fact the land on our side of the river is owned by my wife's uncle).

But this is the way of the future. And it will destroy the hunting traditions of the USA. We will become more like the Old World, where only the rich and noble could hunt.

Great Post. Around here you can still talk to farmers and usually get permission to hunt. WT hunting is turning into a king's sport. It's a shame.

Posts: 132 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 03 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Around here you can still talk to farmers and usually get permission to hunt.

same here. it's nice. would hate to see it die.

One of Us
Picture of woods
posted Hide Post
Does Texas have a deer worth $1Million?

With a 46-point rack and a Boone and Crockett score of 334, it's hard to argue that a whitetail named Stickers isn't the biggest buck to ever consume protein in Texas. Sammy Nooner of Hondo brought Stickers home in February. Since then, fellow deer breeders have been speculating on the price tag. Some estimates involve seven figures for the 6-year-old monarch buck, whose semen fetches $4,000 to $5,000 per straw. Nooner, however, said the price is going to stay between him and the seller — Tommy Dugger, one of the state's top deer breeders. "It's probably as high as anybody's ever paid,'' he said, "but we're not letting it out; Tommy and I have a gentleman's agreement.''

Damon Thorpe, director of operations for the Texas Deer Association, said there are probably only two deer in the United States bigger than Stickers. "I think you can say with confidence he's the most expensive deer ever in Texas,'' Thorpe said. "It's not inconceivable at all to think a deer like that is worth $1 million.'' Dugger told the Lone Star Outdoor News it would not be accurate to say the deer sold for one million dollars. Dugger told the Lone Star Outdoor News it would not be accurate to say the deer sold for one million dollars. Wildlife consultant Chase Clark, who works with both Nooner and Dugger, said the biggest buck title was previously held by Jake the Dream Buck, which was owned by Dugger. Jake died of a respiratory illness in the winter of 2005, Clark said. In the meantime, Dugger acquired the up-and-comer Stickers, who was born in 2001 on the Glen Morgan ranch.

But Stickers had something else going for him, Clark said. This deer is the offspring of a doe impregnated by artificial insemination with semen from an Ohio legend named Redoy Ben. The elder whitetail, who was only about 2 years old at the time, showed a lot of potential, Clark said. Redoy Ben died that same year, also to a respiratory illness. Nevertheless, Clark said the big deer's potential was realized through his son, Stickers. "It wasn't until October of 2006 that a tape was put on those antlers,'' Clark said of Sticker's headgear. "Now Stickers represents the ultimate in the Texas deer breeding industry.''

Nooner, a South Texas gasoline distributor, is also known for the quality dove hunts he offers from his base in Medina County. "We just wanted to help the genetics,'' he said. "It was fun just trying to see how big a deer could grow.'' But Nooner may be on the verge of seeing his profits grow as well. "Let's assume he did pay $1 million for the deer,'' Thorpe said. "All he has to do is sell 200 straws to get his money out of him. You can easily get that in a year, and do it safely.'' But despite his pedigree, Nooner and Clark agree there's nothing uppity about Stickers. "Some deer are more nervous than others,'' Clark said. "They don't do well in breeding operations. But Stickers is pretty laid back. "He's great at posing for the camera.''

Big Grin Just thought you guys needed some new ammunition! popcorn

Chinese Proverb: When someone shares something of value with you and you benefit from it, you have a moral obligation to share it with others.

Posts: 2750 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: 17 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

nice eartag.
whats that "grid" in the background? Roll Eyes

one of us
posted Hide Post
only a mad scientist would want that fugly thing on his wall.

one of us
Picture of The Slug
posted Hide Post
I guess to me, these giant-racked bucks remind me of...........

I notice that Eland Slayer's thread about the yearling buck is gone, was it axed by ES or the mods? Anyone care to chime in?

-+-+-

"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun." - The Dalai Lama

Posts: 730 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: 15 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Eland Slayer
posted Hide Post
I didn't delete it......so I guess the moderator did. I don't think you can delete a thread yourself once somebody has replied to it. If you can, I don't know how.

Hunt Report - South Africa 2022

Wade Abadie - Wild Shot Photography
Website | Facebook | Instagram

Posts: 3110 | Location: Hockley, TX | Registered: 01 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of The Slug
posted Hide Post
I don't get it. Why delete that one but not lots of others?

-+-+-

One of Us
posted Hide Post
because someone cried to the moderator over a picture that hurt his widdle feewings...
CRYBABY

one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Eland Slayer:
I didn't delete it......so I guess the moderator did. I don't think you can delete a thread yourself once somebody has replied to it. If you can, I don't know how.

I believe it was moved to "Miscellaneous Topics."

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tasunkawitko:
and yet, you felt it necessary to make the original post.

reasonable? come on....

Sorry you felt singled out or slighted. I have edited today's posts.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have edited tday's posts.

and i've deleted mine (with apologies and thanks to you). the fact that you got the "brownshirt" reference impressed me; for many here, it would have gone right over their heads.

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
a damn shame - Number 1 most active post for Sept.
[QUOTE]Originally posted by DRG:
The Accurate Reloading Forums

Statistics reported for period of: October 1-31, 2007
THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS
5 Most Active Topics

A Bigger Texas Buck has been Killed??? by Prewar70 (with 357 posts and 5114 page views)

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 39691 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
way to drag up a dead issue, jeffe! thumb

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jeffeosso:
a damn shame- Number 1 most active post for Sept.

what the shame?
the fact that its an issue and people want to state thier side or the fact that you and the other TeXass's cant state a good readon for high fencing other than it makes it easier to kill deer.