posted

Posts: 1678 | Registered: 16 November 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Does Martin Pieters hunt Omay North?

Posts: 5179 | Registered: 30 July 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I do hunt the Omay North, one of my PH' guided one of my clients legally onto a trophy lion in my concession with a legal permit, TR2, game scout etc, .....let the games begin again......

Martin

martinpieterssafaris@gmail.com
www.martinpieterssafaris.com

" hunt as if it's your last one you'll ever be on"

Posts: 639 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Martin,
You are amongst friends here (at least on my side). My question (if answered in the affirmative), was perhaps to get the other side of the story. Rather than just relying on the Disney storybook version presented on the facebook page. We've hear the lions side Roll Eyes would you be willing to share yours?
Brad

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by martin pieters:
I do hunt the Omay North, one of my PH' guided one of my clients legally onto a trophy lion in my concession with a legal permit, TR2, game scout etc, .....let the games begin again......

Martin

Outstanding Lion Mart. This what happens to the Disneyized version of life in the mainstream. Note the tele character references and such in the 41 responses.

Jeff

Posts: 2857 | Location: FL | Registered: 18 September 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
For the last couple of years I have been presenting the "hunter conservationist" viewpoint on this page

http://www.facebook.com/notes/...2803632044#!/Lionaid

As a group we have a good arguement that the anti hunters have a hard time fighting cogently (sure they revert to emotion). I posted this looking for background information on the hunt to offset the "disneyesque" characterization.

Instead of "hunter" or "anti-hunter" camps I am arguing a new one based on what is "realistic".

What would/could actually work in the bush. Maybe in the end nothing can save wild lions. But if it is possibly I think hunters can make a huge contribution.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I hope this story is way off base. You will engender no support for shooting the last of anything...

505 is right, the shit has hit the fan in the sense that 'their' side has been told, it will be interesting to hear the other side.

Posts: 7784 | Registered: 31 January 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There are always two sides. And this wasn't exactly the last unicorn. I think Martin has a pretty good story to tell about how he manages his concession.

You can figure that the hunting guys do all the heavy lifting conservation wise and the photo guys just complain when there money maker is taken.

There are more lions in the area.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
My interest in the "other side", has nothing to do with defense, as I have heard nothing to suggest that anything illegal or immoral was done. Rather, I just wanted to hear a successful hunt report and felt that it would be positive from the standpoint of countering a bunch of emotional B.S.. Either way, congrats to Martin and his/their client. tu2

One of Us
posted Hide Post
heck i just looked at this and damn if my picture is not at the bottom where it says comments.

Posts: 1396 | Registered: 24 September 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Some of these posts on Facebook are classic. Ignorance personified.

Phil Massaro
President, Massaro Ballistic Laboratories, LLC
NRA Life Member
B&C Member
www.mblammo.com

Hunt Reports- Zambia 2011
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1481089261

"Two kinds of people in this world, those of us with loaded guns, and those of us who dig. You dig."

Posts: 441 | Location: New Baltimore, NY | Registered: 14 February 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
@JohnHunt: Kudos to you for battling with them. I tried, and frankly, they make me want to drink Drano. You're better at it than I am, keep up the good fight!

Phil Massaro
President, Massaro Ballistic Laboratories, LLC
NRA Life Member
B&C Member
www.mblammo.com

Hunt Reports- Zambia 2011
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1481089261

"Two kinds of people in this world, those of us with loaded guns, and those of us who dig. You dig."

Posts: 441 | Location: New Baltimore, NY | Registered: 14 February 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
btw they are monitoring this board

http://www.facebook.com/Lionaid

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for jumping in there Phil. I try to keep the message going there but don't have the free time to give it all the research that would be useful.

In the end they are a loud minority. Who knows though... someday they may be successful in ending sport hunting. There mistaken belief that Photo Lodges can replace the revenue from hunting would cause a huge loss to conservation world wide. Also this particular group is English and they bring there own cultural biases against hunting to the table (the royals never did allow them to hunt).

In any event the only real enemy to wildlife is loss of habitat and they pretty much have zero ideas in that department.

So as/if the pendulum sways to there anti-hunting agenda the more pessimistic I become for wild lions.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Martin - Knowing you, and the conversations we have had, I'm sure the lion is a good one. I am also certain its NOT the last male lion in Bumi, is it?? Or is this just more anti-hunting BS, as usual??

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4884 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post