New
Find
Notify
Tools

Idaho Sharpshooter Login/Join 
One of Us
posted Hide Post
understood.

I thought you were the one that made these decisions.

Since you do not know "the time frame of how this came about" I see that is not the case.

Your playground, your rules; as it should be.

Best of all is that with your response you pushed this mess to page 10!
shane
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
quote:
Originally posted by npd345:
Saeed,

Throughout your posts on this and the posts of many others it sounds as though these threats and the report of them are recent. At least that is the impression I am being left with.

When was the last threat report send to you and/or your moderators?

I have no doubt they happened but did they start up again to cause ISS being Banned?

Rich says he got an email saying he was suspended. Nothing more. He assumed it was for a post he made reference our past presidents heritage and family; a very crude post in the political forum. As that post was removed that same day apparently by the moderators.

I understand that several suspensions can lead to a person being banned as they are apparently not getting the message.

However if the problem of threats stopped at least they got the message on that subject.

Again when was the last complaint and how long ago was that threat made before it was reported to you.

shane

quote:
I wonder what the reaction of those defending ISS would have been if they were at the receiving end of one of his highly detailed threats.

And what he planned to do to them and their families? in meticulous details?

I have no idea of the time frame of how this came about.

What I do know is the fact that we have suspended him before for one reason or another - it really makes no difference why.

He was also warned as to his future behavior.

Ultimately he would not listen, and got banned.

Others have been suspended before, came back and are still participating on the forums, because they no longer cause any reason to be suspended or banned.

I think people are reading too much into this.

This is an Internet discussion forum.

There are basic rules which we apply.

Anyone who we think seems to refuse to follow these rules, is no longer allowed on.

Every single discussion forum on the Net has rules - and I like to think we tend to have fewer than others.

One of them is being asked to be civil to each other.

Not much to ask there really, is it?

I know, we tend to get into name calling in the Political Forum - which is standard operating procedure whenever religion and politics are on the agenda.

Posts: 1464 | Location: Southwestern Idaho, USA!!!! | Registered: 29 March 2012Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
John it is pretty hard to get banned from here. Saeed is very tolerant and doesn't ban anyone for minor indiscretions, unlike some other forums.

------------------------------
A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 7976 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
quote:
to the few who openly called him a liar in a public forum when you had nothing but your opinion a s proof he lied.

Oh the irony....

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
Cogswell & Harrison 375 Fl NE
Sabatti Big Five 375 FL Magnum NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7145 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
There's been a couple of others that I can think of that I thoroughly enjoyed, Roland and 500 Grains, who were very knowledgeable and/or offered much to us on AR. They too, were banned because they couldn't follow the rules after repeated efforts by Saeed and others to get them to be decent. Do I miss them? Yes. Does AR go on without them? Yes. End of story. wave

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by crbutler:
Saeed and company saw whatever threats were made, and they apparently were ugly.

Frankly, someone with the skills and training of an airborne ranger would by definition be capable of following through on said threat. I would take it seriously.

As to PTSD, I really doubt that is the source of the threats. PTSD doesn't work that way, and where I work I see a lot of it. It can be indirectly (such as someone who behaves badly when drinking using alcohol to alleviate some of his symptoms in a maladaptive way) but vets with PTSD are not a threat to others. Suicide is a different matter, but they do not become homicidal.

Hypervigilance and exaggerated startle responses, yes. Making detailed threats...no.

Suffice it to say, whatever he did do, from the descriptions it's not PTSD.

I enjoyed his posts, but then again, ISS never threatened me. What I read in public doesn't seem to go along with his conduct as reported. I think the guy has much to offer, but until he gets some serious help with anger management, I agree that Saeed and the mods did the only thing they could. This was not civilized conduct.

Tell that to Kris Kyles widow!

465H&H

Posts: 5686 | Location: Nampa, Idaho | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
When were the threats (not threat)made? Does it matter, when were they allowed? Not the case that Saeed runs the place? I bet he thinks he's the one when he pays the tab.

Posts: 3807 | Location: san angelo tx | Registered: 18 November 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 465H&H:
quote:
Originally posted by crbutler:
Saeed and company saw whatever threats were made, and they apparently were ugly.

Frankly, someone with the skills and training of an airborne ranger would by definition be capable of following through on said threat. I would take it seriously.

As to PTSD, I really doubt that is the source of the threats. PTSD doesn't work that way, and where I work I see a lot of it. It can be indirectly (such as someone who behaves badly when drinking using alcohol to alleviate some of his symptoms in a maladaptive way) but vets with PTSD are not a threat to others. Suicide is a different matter, but they do not become homicidal.

Hypervigilance and exaggerated startle responses, yes. Making detailed threats...no.

Suffice it to say, whatever he did do, from the descriptions it's not PTSD.

I enjoyed his posts, but then again, ISS never threatened me. What I read in public doesn't seem to go along with his conduct as reported. I think the guy has much to offer, but until he gets some serious help with anger management, I agree that Saeed and the mods did the only thing they could. This was not civilized conduct.

Tell that to Kris Kyles widow!

465H&H

.............Absolutely!

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hopefully in time Rich could come back without PM priveledges?

I agree, personal threats are not to be taken lightly.

DRSS

Posts: 1908 | Location: Australia | Registered: 25 December 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rockdoc:
Hopefully in time Rich could come back without PM priveledges?

I agree, personal threats are not to be taken lightly.

It is not going to happen.

We don't have the time to start micro manage members, picking what they can do on the forums and what they cannot do.

You play by the rules, and you have every privilege everyone has.

You don't, and then you can find another play ground to play in.

Very simple really, and for the life of me, I cannot see how some fail to see this very simple fact.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66982 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Frostbit:
quote:
Originally posted by Aaron Neilson:
Not that its acceptable in anyway, but anyone who would take ISS's "threats" seriously - can't be serious. He's a nice old guy - who's living in the past.

Worry about the guy you never hear from and show's up at your door - not the guy who tells you he's coming.

You shouldn't talk about Surestrike like that. He might find out. Big Grin

That's how I got to diamond level in Amway! Wink

One of Us
posted Hide Post
If this thread was money, Rich would be laughing all the way to the bank.

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by craigster:

How about looking at it from my point of view.

The more people post, the more money it costs me clap

Posts: 66982 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I truly appreciate your generosity. This a great place ! clap

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

You are very welcome.

And I appreciate your participation here too beer

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

+1

Posts: 3807 | Location: san angelo tx | Registered: 18 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Want to live like a king? Money no object. Post on AR. Burn up all the bandwidth you desire--Saeed is picking up the tab.

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Just one more for me as an example.

Below is what Rich put up with around here from some. Not saying it warranted a death threat...but just saying it takes 2 to Tango.

quote:
Originally posted by ted thorn:
quote:
Originally posted by Idaho Sharpshooter:
kroil is great stuff for cleaning. My brother was a millwright for about 40 years in a power plant. The mechanics would come to the tool room, and get a 16oz spray can of it, two squirts on a frozen nut/bolt and it would loosen up in a few minutes. He used to make a pass thru the plant when he worked nights and pick up the 90% full cans. I think he gave me about four cases of it over the last five years he worked before taking the early retirement package they offered.

I love FREE! Especially if it works this well.

Wow.......it's been a while since I heard you boast of receiving stolen property from a thieving brother..... wow..... wow

That company is head over heals his thieving ass is long gone I'm sure.

If there is one thing that nobody likes and it's a thief.

http://forums.accuratereloadin...781039922#8781039922

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36614 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
LEDVM---I'm missing the point. Are 90% full cans considered trash to be thrown away? If still usable, it would be theft.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by carpetman1:
LEDVM---I'm missing the point. Are 90% full cans considered trash to be thrown away? If still usable, it would be theft.

As a business owner myself, I would have to agree with carpetman1. If you intended to paint ISS in a better light, that one didn't work.

What is the next idea? Do you owe him money or something? Look, if I met ISS I would be happy to buy the guy a beer. But time to move on...

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7570 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AnotherAZWriter:
quote:

As a business owner myself, I would have to agree with carpetman1. If you intended to paint ISS in a better light, that one didn't work.

What is the next idea? Do you owe him money or something? Look, if I met ISS I would be happy to buy the guy a beer. But time to move on...

I sir...will move on when I feel like it. Don't need any help...but thank you. Wink

In this story...Rich did not do the taking...his brother-in-law did.

But the point being...Ted stalked Rich around the forum. Many examples can be found. Will post a few more when I come across them.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36614 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
quote:
Originally posted by AnotherAZWriter:
quote:

I sir...will move on when I feel like it. Don't need any help...but thank you. Wink

In this story...Rich did not do the taking...his brother-in-law did.

But the point being...Ted stalked Rich around the forum. Many examples can be found. Will post a few more when I come across them.

I'll bet you could find several posts where ISS stalked Ted around the forum as well. Don't forget to post those as well if you want us to remain objective. Like you said it takes two to tango and ISS was just as willing to dance as Ted was.

The post you linked ISS may not have stolen the property, however he was knowingly in possession of stolen property. That is in fact a crime in itself. The severity is of that crime is depends on the value of the property stolen.

ISS isn't without fault in all the exchanges the he and Ted had. Like I asked earlier, if anyone else other than Ted had asked where ISS was at would it have drawn as much attention? I'm guessing not.

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Like you said it takes two to tango and ISS was just as willing to dance as Ted was.

Never said otherwise...but I bet ISS...didn't go tattle to Saeed and Don either. Wink

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Like you said it takes two to tango and ISS was just as willing to dance as Ted was.

Never said otherwise...but I bet ISS...didn't go tattle to Saeed and Don either. Wink

I'd bet Ted didn't threaten to kill anyone either.

One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm

Disagreeing with the Idaho Sharpshooter didn't require stalking.
With over 20,000 post he was literally everywhere.

If you was to quote and re-post every response in which an AR member disagreed or challenged the Idaho Sharpshooter you will be quite busy. I definitely disagreed with him several times over the course of a decade.

I am flattered anyone would spend any of their time looking at or looking for anything that I wrote.....here or anywhere.

Thank You???

To clarify the wording as to why I said "it's been a while" on the post I made in regards to Idaho Sharpshooter's stolen Kroil.....

The Idaho Sharpshooter once boasted of having a lifetime supply of lead. This was also supplied by a brother in law's unkowing workplace.

BTW....

I also called him out and asked for proof on the lengthy Mark Sullivan thread on his elk claims.

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by taylorce1:
quote:
quote:

I'd bet Ted didn't threaten to kill anyone either.

+1 flame

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13159 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looks like we might make 11 .

Posts: 11973 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:
Looks like we might make 11 .

. . . pretty pathetic, huh.

Mike

Posts: 21220 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
Why does the number of posts any member makes matter????????

Anyone care to address that?????????

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm

Disagreeing with the Idaho Sharpshooter didn't require stalking.
With over 20,000 post he was literally everywhere.

If you was to quote and re-post every response in which an AR member disagreed or challenged the Idaho Sharpshooter you will be quite busy. I definitely disagreed with him several times over the course of a decade.

I am flattered anyone would spend any of their time looking at or looking for anything that I wrote.....here or anywhere.

Thank You???

To clarify the wording as to why I said "it's been a while" on the post I made in regards to Idaho Sharpshooter's stolen Kroil.....

The Idaho Sharpshooter once boasted of having a lifetime supply of lead. This was also supplied by a brother in law's unkowing workplace.

BTW....

I also called him out and asked for proof on the lengthy Mark Sullivan thread on his elk claims.

Ted,
What ever. Roll Eyes You just like to stir shit. If you didn't like Rich...why didn't you just leave him the hell alone. You needed a good dose of my Granny growing up...if you don't have anything good to say about someone...just keep your mouth shut and stay away from them. She enforced that with a twisted up piece of bailing wire, buggy whip, or whatever else she could find if she was in a hurry.

All else,
Richard Kayser is a patriot of the USA, a personal friend of mine and others on AR like Cowboy CS (Colin Stolzer) and 465 H&H (Walt B), a good contributor to AR and AR will be remiss with out him, and I personally miss his presence.

While I don't fault Saeed for banning him...others played a part in his actions. In the end only he is responsible for them and Saeed took the only action he could. I just find the path that led up to it distasteful myself. Rich can't defend him self here and I feel obligated to point out that he is good people.

If I walked into a bar at SCI, Shot Show, etc. looking for a beer and I saw Rich sitting at one table and some others on this thread sitting at another...I would walk straight over to Rich and buy the next round and have a helluva good visit.

wave

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
quote:

You needed a good dose of my Granny growing up...if you don't have anything good to say about someone...just keep your mouth shut and stay away from them. She enforced that with a twisted up piece of bailing wire, buggy whip, or whatever else she could find if she was in a hurry.

I like the sound of her.....

I bet she would wear a liars but plum out !!!!

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

You needed a good dose of my Granny growing up...if you don't have anything good to say about someone...just keep your mouth shut and stay away from them. She enforced that with a twisted up piece of bailing wire, buggy whip, or whatever else she could find if she was in a hurry.

I like the sound of her.....

I bet she would wear a liars but plum out !!!!

As well as persons just talking ill to stir up shit and especially a tattle-tale. Wink

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
quote:

If I walked into a bar at SCI, Shot Show, etc. looking for a beer and I saw Rich sitting at one table and some others on this thread sitting at another...I would walk straight over to Rich and buy the next round and have a helluva good visit.

That would be fine by me.....

Our table would probably be full and besides.....

You and I don't have much in common anyway

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

That would be fine by me.....

Our table would probably be full and besides.....

You and I don't have much in common anyway

tu2

J. Lane Easter, DVM

one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
You're entitled to your opinion, Lane. Frankly, so am I along with everyone else on this forum. When he sent a PM to me along with others saying he was going to kill me, I'm sure your opinion of ISS would change.

Here's a fact, you are NOT going to change anyone's opinion about ISS, however I'm sure you're changing other's opinions about yourself. Just let it go man! What's done is done.

Graybird

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... it's the reckoning."

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by graybird:
You're entitled to your opinion, Lane. Frankly, so am I along with everyone else on this forum. When he sent a PM to me along with others saying he was going to kill me, I'm sure your opinion of ISS would change.

Here's a fact, you are NOT going to change anyone's opinion about ISS, however I'm sure you're changing other's opinions about yourself. Just let it go man! What's done is done.

Graybird,
I have good friends all over this forum. Not a single one of them is going to vacate my friendship for standing up for a mutual friend...in fact they will applaud it. Where I come from...friendship...true friendship is earned and respected. Friends stand up for other friends...even in the face of adversity. I am blessed by my Creator to have some very good friends...many who post on AR. I am not worried in the least...about losing a friend.

But...I will remind you...I did not start this thread. Wink

I will quit posting on it when I see fit...or Saeed tells me to shut up...whichever comes first.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
Boy, you've got it worse than I thought. Good luck, Lane!

Graybird

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I seriously doubt that there has been anyone bashed more than I have been than when I was attacked by Echoanne12. It was pretty brutal. She was way wrong. I was pissed off. Yet, I never threatened her life.

It boggles my mind that anyone defends anyone who threatens another persons life.

Posts: 11973 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
That's the extremely confusing part, Larry.

Graybird

One of Us
posted Hide Post
We made 11.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:
I seriously doubt that there has been anyone bashed more than I have been than when I was attacked by Echoanne12. It was pretty brutal. She was way wrong. I was pissed off. Yet, I never threatened her life.

It boggles my mind that anyone defends anyone who threatens another persons life.

Larry,

You are a normal person, and reacted like anyone of us would have.

Others have been making excuses for ISS whichever way they like.

It is actually the norm in our sad society today - anyone who does something totally ridiculous, it is never his fault.

It is always something else that caused it.

Or someone in his past that caused it.

Personal responsibility no longer counts.

Lane,

You can carry on as long as you like.

I will only ask you to stop when you start sending PMs to other members telling them in great details how you are going to disassemble them while you are listing to their cries for mercy.