THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    $70,000 Scam involving Blair Worldwide Hunting.
Page 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... 38

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

$70,000 Scam involving Blair Worldwide Hunting.
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drummondlindsey:
Well, the son of a bitch has my info now. I guess I should looking for a phone call now. That should be interesting.

Come on Drum, cough up that credit card number and book a good mule deer hunt! rotflmo

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3507 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AnotherAZWriter:
I see that scumbag Larry Heathington died a few years ago. I wonder how much the victims here recovered from that POS. Actually, I don't wonder...

Does anyone on this site know those involved? It would be interesting to be able to counter Blair's statement that a lawsuit was won, implying a refund?

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

Posts: 7594 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Frostbit:
quote:
I see that scumbag Larry Heathington died a few years ago. I wonder how much the victims here recovered from that POS. Actually, I don't wonder...

Does anyone on this site know those involved? It would be interesting to be able to counter Blair's statement that a lawsuit was won, implying a refund?

Jim:

A lawsuit won does not imply a refund. It would imply a judgment. I would bet that any judgment was not collectable.

Posts: 11959 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not only that Larry, but I imagine as highly publicized as this Blair deal has been that there would have been news all over the internet about any kind of a court case/settlement brought by the litigants against Heathington and/or Blair!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I couldn't find as much as I thought, other then on chat forums.
I am no great shakes with computer searches either though.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Topgun 30-06:
Not only that Larry, but I imagine as highly publicized as this Blair deal has been that there would have been news all over the internet about any kind of a court case/settlement brought by the litigants against Heathington and/or Blair!

I agree 100% (for once)!

Posts: 11959 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Originally posted by larryshores:
I agree 100% (for once)!

Well it's about time you smartened up, LOL!!! Just kidding, as sometimes I come up with a good one!

One of Us
Picture of J.R.Jackson
posted Hide Post
I recieved emails and info in the mail. The only way Blair could get my info is from the DSC yearly member directory.

Posts: 570 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 12 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of drummondlindsey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by J.R.Jackson:
I recieved emails and info in the mail. The only way Blair could get my info is from the DSC yearly member directory.

They had never had my information in the past and I went to DSC this year. That would be disappointing

Posts: 2092 | Location: Windsor, CO | Registered: 06 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
They had my info before I ever joined DSC.

One of Us
Picture of billrquimby
posted Hide Post
There are dozens of ways to get addresses. Some game departments sell lists of hunters who have drawn tags. Some magazines sell lists of their subscribers, and so on. Various companies sell lists of people whose interests indicate they are likely to buy certain products.

Bill Quimby

Posts: 2633 | Location: tucson and greer arizona | Registered: 02 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
Well, the asshole now has my cell phone number because he left me a message last week.

Graybird

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... it's the reckoning."

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I see that scumbag Larry Heathington died a few years ago.

I was wondering about that as I waded through this entire mess. Not that I don't believe you, but are there any links, (obituaries, etc.) showing this to be concrete fact? One must remember who we're discussing here. This is the same guy that got the crap kicked out of him at a rest area, received an alleged concussion, along with multiple other injuries. And then was allowed to drive onward in an impaired state, by the police who were called to the scene.

Posts: 1540 | Location: Glendale, Arizona | Registered: 27 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
Noticed several things on their FaceBook site.

1) Quite a few immature animals including most of the Marco Polo rams, Kamchatka bears, an entire STACK of buffalo, couple of elk, etc.

2) Almost all comments on photos have been deleted.

3) Phil Shoemaker (458WIN) apparently hunts with them ... that or they poached one of his trophy photos and posted it on their page.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
It was on the 2nd page and that just won't work

Posts: 2092 | Location: Windsor, CO | Registered: 06 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
OK, used to be they only left voicemail and sent me postcards with exciting offers. Simple enough to delete the recording and shred the postcard. But now they are sending email.

I replied politely with a notice that I have read the discussions on AR and wished for my contact information to be deleted from all databases.

Heaven help them if I am ever contacted again...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Phil on blair's site ?
I wonder if Phil knows ?

Posts: 1991 | Location: Sinton, TX | Registered: 16 June 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Oh my feelings are hurt Roll Eyes - I got a reply that said "Obviously you Have (sic) not read all of it !!!! or you would know better, thats (sic) why we are still here.
your (sic) deleted, WE DO NOT WANT YOU IN THE BASE.
have a great day !!!!"

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Acer:
Oh my feelings are hurt Roll Eyes - I got a reply that said "Obviously you Have (sic) not read all of it !!!! or you would know better, thats (sic) why we are still here.
your (sic) deleted, WE DO NOT WANT YOU IN THE BASE.
have a great day !!!!"

What that idiot Jeff Blair truly does not understand is that his keeping the commission on a hunt that never happened is what we find the most revolting. Or is it the assurances that "when you book with Blair, you don't have to worry...?"

This should be a HBS case study in how to short sighted thinking combined with the power of the internet causes long term loss of revenue.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7570 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This situation would make a great case study. I feel quite sure that thinking has never been part of Jeff Blair's business plan.

Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times.

Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.

Posts: 697 | Location: Dublin, Georgia | Registered: 19 November 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Getting kind of low...

Posts: 7570 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
Too far down the front page for my taste.

Back TTT !!!

one of us
Picture of 458Win
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Todd Williams:

3) Phil Shoemaker (458WIN) apparently hunts with them ... that or they poached one of his trophy photos and posted it on their page.

Both are true, Many years ago Jeff did poach one of my photos with me and a client standing in front of my lodge with a B&C moose. I called him and got a run around so took it to the SCI ethics committee, with predictible results, but he re-printed a new brochure without the photo.
But I have also gone on a number of trips booked through Blair. They were all arranged by a close friend and with one exception they were all very good hunts. The exception was an elk hunt with Larry Heathington. He was a real snake and I know Blair regreats ever dealing with him.

Most booking agents and guide/outfitters are honest folks but when a hunter books through an agent he doubles the chance of having something go wrong. I have seen crooked agents who blame the outfitter and crooked outfitters who blame the agents and a number of agents who sent hunters and never paid the outfitter.

My suggestion is naturally to book directly with the outfitter as they are the ones doing the work and ultimately responsible with the daily operations of the hunt.
But that is not always possible on distant hunts and good agents usually offer some sort of insurance.
But whoever you book with, READ THE CONTRACT.

Anyone who claims the 30-06 is ineffective has either not tried one, or is unwittingly commenting on their own marksmanship
Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master guide
FAA Master pilot
NRA Benefactor www.grizzlyskinsofalaska.com

Posts: 4197 | Location: Bristol Bay | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 458Win:
quote:
Originally posted by Todd Williams:

Both are true, Many years ago Jeff did poach one of my photos with me and a client standing in front of my lodge with a B&C moose. I called him and got a run around so took it to the SCI ethics committee, with predictible results, but he re-printed a new brochure without the photo.
But I have also gone on a number of trips booked through Blair. They were all arranged by a close friend and with one exception they were all very good hunts. The exception was an elk hunt with Larry Heathington. He was a real snake and I know Blair regreats ever dealing with him.

Most booking agents and guide/outfitters are honest folks but when a hunter books through an agent he doubles the chance of having something go wrong. I have seen crooked agents who blame the outfitter and crooked outfitters who blame the agents and a number of agents who sent hunters and never paid the outfitter.

My suggestion is naturally to book directly with the outfitter as they are the ones doing the work and ultimately responsible with the daily operations of the hunt.
But that is not always possible on distant hunts and good agents usually offer some sort of insurance.
But whoever you book with, READ THE CONTRACT.

Phil:
I have a lot of respect for you, but you just went down a few notches with this post. Blair kept the commission for a hunt that NEVER happened. Was he legally entitled to? Maybe. I am also legally entitled to do lots of things with my software and real estate customers, but at the end of the day, sometimes you just do what is right. You do something extra for someone, and they will be a great reference. Wendell Reich, for example, is a guy I would bend over backwards for.

As we have all said, this was the dumbest business decision in the history of booking agents.

This thread is now over four years old. Four years from now it will still be on Page 1.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
The exception was an elk hunt with Larry Heathington. He was a real snake and I know Blair regreats ever dealing with him.

If that's the case, any normal businessman refunds the commission and then comes on here like a man to apologize because he knew heathington was scum. I never met the guy but he must be an arrogant prick....particularly given the way his garbage staff responds to anyone that raises this issue.

Posts: 2717 | Location: NH | Registered: 03 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well, Blair obviously knew who he was dealing with, one way or the other. Either he booked that sheep hunt after the wrotten elk hunting experience, or, he booked the elk hunt with Heathington after he screwed the hunters on the sheep hunt.
You can tell a lot about a man by the company he keeps.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Back to the front page.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Back to the top...

One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
BTT again

Old enough to know better

Posts: 4457 | Location: Eltham , New Zealand | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
This thread is now over four years old. Four years from now it will still be on Page 1.

Correct BTTT. jc

Posts: 1138 | Registered: 24 September 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This has been up for four years now and I can't remember if this particular detail was ever discussed. How does anyone know if any of that $70K the two sons sent to Blair was ever sent to Heathington? If we don't, he may have scammed the guys for the entire $70K and not just whatever his commission was! They said a complaint was filed against him, but I don't remember it ever being said that he admitted or it was proved that he actually got any of the money from Blair.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I seem to recall that there was no question it was sent to Heathington.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
That may well be Larry, as it's been so long since this mess started and hasn't been rectified that I just didn't remember that particular part. Thanks!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
One of the issues as I recall was that BWW sent the remaining money to Heathington even after they knew about his issues.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:
One of the issues as I recall was that BWW sent the remaining money to Heathington even after they knew about his issues.

Yep. Heathington had already gone off the deep end.

Whats interesting to me is that no tag had been secured in Mexico and no gun paperwork was ever found to have been filled out

One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
BTT

Posts: 4457 | Location: Eltham , New Zealand | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
Lets pull this back up to the top again ;-)

One of Us
posted Hide Post

One of Us
posted Hide Post
BTT

one of us
posted Hide Post
Wow, this slipped to page 3...we need to pay better attention fellas.