THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    my accidental cow video-the jealousy thread
Page 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 13

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

my accidental cow video-the jealousy thread
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Possibly Blake's way of dealing with the issue. Can't fault him for his frustration.

Dutch

One of Us
Picture of eagle27
posted Hide Post
Other than trying to lighten things up with a bit of humour earlier, I have held off commenting seriously as I didn't see video 4 until now and everyone else seem to say it all.

For me MJines summed it up with his first post commenting "sad". Even at the end when approaching the cow to administer the coup-de-gras the client hangs back head low and sulking, the PH understandably thoroughly pissed off allows his feelings to show with sighs and then with a throwaway gesture of his hand "come George, come shoot your cow, see", and then to add insult to injury in what has been an abysmal display of firearms safety handling throughout the whole sorry saga, George caps it all off by failing to put the safety fully off when shouldering the rifle for the killing shot, maybe a small thing of no consequence in itself but indicative of the total f...up allround.

I do feel for Blake but he did let his guard down just a little in those final moments caught on video that we saw. Maybe when the filming stopped he beat the shit out of George with a big stick, wouldn't blame him at all for that thumbdown

Posts: 3908 | Location: Rolleston, Christchurch, New Zealand | Registered: 03 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hmm.
Watched the video's. Seems like a simple misunderstanding under pressure, hardly a hanging offence or anywhere near it.

The PH didnt do anything wrong (except for the insessant use of the clients first name which is just irritating, but some people so that.)

Both were upset. Just one of those things. The client obviously was disappointed with himself, and I think the PH let his feelings get away from him too. I have to wonder how well these two worked together otherwise on that hunting trip.

It is helpful and interesting to see a safari video where it is not all sweetness and roses. I think it was an educational video.

Posts: 304 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 18 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
horse Enough already!!! I just heard on the news a teenage girl committed suicide after cyberbullying by her classmates. This is really getting excessive. Lets move on to something positive.

Posts: 3073 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: 11 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Maximus Brutus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Carlsen Highway:
Hmm.
Watched the video's. Seems like a simple misunderstanding under pressure, hardly a hanging offence or anywhere near it.

The PH didnt do anything wrong (except for the insessant use of the clients first name which is just irritating, but some people so that.)

Both were upset. Just one of those things. The client obviously was disappointed with himself, and I think the PH let his feelings get away from him too. I have to wonder how well these two worked together otherwise on that hunting trip.

It is helpful and interesting to see a safari video where it is not all sweetness and roses. I think it was an educational video.

Most accurate post yet.

One of Us
Picture of thechamp
posted Hide Post
Wondering aloud here if Shootaway booked another Buffalo hunt and offered to pay the way for someone to accompany him on the hunt how many would go... nilly

Posts: 257 | Location: San Antonio, Texas | Registered: 17 August 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
not in a million f--king years...... i can't abide fools.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13408 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
Gents:
I skimmed though this and am wondering what is all the disappointment about from the client and the PH? Since cow buff is more on the level with plains game, and every hunt I've been on cow buff can be taken when hunting a bull, why not just move on to a bull and charge the client the reduced trophy fee for a cow? Yes, errors were made but I would imagine errors are made on the hunts of many of the posters. To me, it is not an issue--just pay the fee and move on to a bull.

Let he among you without sin cast the first stone.

Cheers, gents. From one who has err'd a lot in my hunting lifetime.

Cal

Cal Pappas, Willow, Alaska
www.CalPappas.com
www.CalPappas.blogspot.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
1999 Namibia, Botswana, Zambia--vacation
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa
2021 South Africa (2nd hunt a month later)

Posts: 7281 | Location: Willow, Alaska | Registered: 29 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by thechamp:
Wondering aloud here if Shootaway booked another Buffalo hunt and offered to pay the way for someone to accompany him on the hunt how many would go... nilly

Do you mean, be a paid observer for shootaway, like a seeing eye dog, or interpreter of PH instructions in sign language?

Cal,
The icing on this catastrophe was just shootaway's attitude about it all. Starting with when he turned his back to the PH and the wounded cow,
and pouted for the video camera instead of staying involved in the chase, to the best of his handicapped ability.
And then he self-immolated here.
Sure everybody has a bad day now and then, even the non-handicapped.
But we do not pout about it or brag about our failures, unless we are indeed severely handicapped.
We laugh at ourselves instead of crybabying around and getting laughed at for pretending not to be handicapped.
Now where is my drool bucket ...

Posts: 28032 | Location: KY | Registered: 09 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cal pappas:
Gents:
I skimmed though this and am wondering what is all the disappointment about from the client and the PH? Since cow buff is more on the level with plains game, and every hunt I've been on cow buff can be taken when hunting a bull, why not just move on to a bull and charge the client the reduced trophy fee for a cow? Yes, errors were made but I would imagine errors are made on the hunts of many of the posters. To me, it is not an issue--just pay the fee and move on to a bull.

Cal

that's all well and good- but it assumes the PH has a cow on license, which isn't always the case. then what?????

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cal pappas:
Gents:

Cal

Cal

The issue isnt shooting a cow. The issues are

1. Shootaway tried to blame the PH.

2. Shootaway didnt follow PHs instructions.

3. Shootaway lied and argued about his poor gun handling.

4. Shootaway blames everyone but himself and insists he is a great shot and hunter while belittling others.

i.e. Shootaway blames everyone else for his sin--thats why he gets called on it. Hes the one that starts the rock throwing.

Shoot all the cows you want-just dont blame others and lie about it. Nothing wrong with a cow hunt-have shot cows in the past and just booked a cropping hunt for axis deer here in Texas, but I am not gonna try to tell everyone that it is a great hunting feat that was messed up by my guide.

SSR

"The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our adversaries are insane." Mark Twain
TANSTAAFL

www.savannagems.com A unique way to own a piece of Africa.

DSC Life
NRA Life

Posts: 3386 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 05 September 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
aw, come on Sean. you know that, like me, you are just jealous of his shooting prowess dancing rotflmo

One of Us
Picture of Bill73
posted Hide Post
I wonder if some of you guys had a purpose in life before shootaway came along? it sure seems like you have one now flame

DRSS

Posts: 2279 | Location: MI | Registered: 20 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
you are exactly right- my purpose in life( at least at night when i am online on this website and read his self serving tripe), is to expose shitaway for the fool that he is and apparently i am not alone. i repeat, i do not abide fools.....

One of Us
Picture of Steve Ahrenberg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RIP:
quote:
Originally posted by thechamp:

Do you mean, be a paid observer for shootaway, like a seeing eye dog, or interpreter of PH instructions in sign language?

Cal,
The icing on this catastrophe was just shootaway's attitude about it all. Starting with when he turned his back to the PH and the wounded cow,
and pouted for the video camera instead of staying involved in the chase, to the best of his handicapped ability.
And then he self-immolated here.
Sure everybody has a bad day now and then, even the non-handicapped.
But we do not pout about it or brag about our failures, unless we are indeed severely handicapped.
We laugh at ourselves instead of crybabying around and getting laughed at for pretending not to be handicapped.
Now where is my drool bucket ...

I've sat on my hands long enough...

You seem to actually believe that George is in fact mentally handicapped. If you really believe that, you are a slug to make sport of him, if you don't believe he is, you are making sport of handicapped people and that also makes you a slug.

I believe you are even in the medical field? (and Jdollar)

Shame on both you and Jerry, both of you know better. And all for a laugh at somebody else's expense on an internet forum.

Formerly "Nganga"

Posts: 3549 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 26 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
a mentally handicapped person is someone who is born with or develops a mental deficiency( as a result of a brain injury). George fits neither category. he has a narcissistic personality disorder who believes that his point of view is the only one with validity and everyone else is wrong. big difference......i have no idea how he got that way but there is a big medical difference between mentally handicapped and a psychological disorder.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:
a mentally handicapped person is someone who is born with or develops a mental deficiency( as a result of a brain injury). George fits neither category. he has a narcissistic personality disorder who believes that his point of view is the only one with validity and everyone else is wrong. big difference......i have no idea how he got that way but there is a big medical difference between mentally handicapped and a psychological disorder.

Jerry,
Regardless, a strong and civil society, will protect and defend the weakest among us, NOT ridicule them. Go pack for your trip and leave George alone.

Saeed should lock this thread, it long ago ran it's course, the jokes are played out and the only ones left are the bullies. It adds exactly Zero to the sport the forum or anything for that matter.

Formerly "Nganga"

Posts: 3549 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 26 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
Nganga, while I normally try to view things with an open mind, and I do have a tendency to agree with a lot of what you say, in looking back over this "Discussion" and the one concerning "Predictable Accuracy", Shootaway is getting what he is asking for, and in my opinion, he is asking for it.

You for one know what kind of an ass I can be on this site. Shootaway has taken things ton a whole new level. I agree that the comments being made about Shootaway's mental state/capacity are probably uncalled for, but Shootaway is, for whatever his reason feeding off these comments in my opinion.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Crazyhorseconsulting:
Nganga, while I normally try to view things with an open mind, and I do have a tendency to agree with a lot of what you say, in looking back over this "Discussion" and the one concerning "Predictable Accuracy", Shootaway is getting what he is asking for, and in my opinion, he is asking for it.

You for one know what kind of an ass I can be on this site. Shootaway has taken things ton a whole new level. I agree that the comments being made about Shootaway's mental state/capacity are probably uncalled for, but Shootaway is, for whatever his reason feeding off these comments in my opinion.

Hi Randall,
Hope your well. I come from a position of not defending George as much as trying to point out the classless undignified way this forum has acted as a whole. It makes us look like a bunch of hillbilly halfwits so unsophisticated that we can't just move along and ignore George.

Is it that tempting for some to point out their superiority by pointing out others faults and weakness'......damn the irony.

Formerly "Nganga"

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nganga:
quote:

Hi Randall,
Hope your well. I come from a position of not defending George as much as trying to point out the classless undignified way this forum has acted as a whole. It makes us look like a bunch of hillbilly halfwits so unsophisticated that we can't just move along and ignore George.

Is it that tempting for some to point out their superiority by pointing out others faults and weakness'......damn the irony.

Ngana

I fear your are incorrect in your assessment--

what we are doing is not bullying--

its policing our own-when videos like this are posted on line the mistakes and lies must be called.

"The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our adversaries are insane." Mark Twain
TANSTAAFL

www.savannagems.com A unique way to own a piece of Africa.

DSC Life
NRA Life

Posts: 3386 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 05 September 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
yep, i am the hill billy half wit- and George is the narcissist. i prefer my short coming to his. i can learn going forward- he can't.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sean Russell:
quote:
Originally posted by Nganga:
quote:

Hi Randall,

Ngana

I fear your are incorrect in your assessment--

what we are doing is not bullying--

its policing our own-when videos like this are posted on line the mistakes and lies must be called.

Perhaps I should pull up RIP's "CSI.... why I missed the buffalo thread" and we can all make sport of a poor shot from one of the chief castigators.

And I disagree, it is THE definition of bullying. Using ones might or the might of a crowd to dominate or otherwise shame someone. Why is is so damned hard to just let him be.

Formerly "Nganga"

One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hi Randall,Hope your well. I come from a position of not defending George as much as trying to point out the classless undignified way this forum has acted as a whole. It makes us look like a bunch of hillbilly halfwits so unsophisticated that we can't just move along and ignore George. Is it that tempting for some to point out their superiority by pointing out others faults and weakness'......damn the irony.

Everything is fine here. I do understand what you are getting at, even though I don't completely agree, but, I do believe that some of the comments being made are a form of bullying.

I have witnessed this too many times on too many sites. A member that for whatever their personal reasons, simply never really tries to get along.

The problem is, we all are or should be individuals, and as such are entitled to our own, individual, thoughts/beliefs/ideas on any subject.

At some point, as individuals, we need to decide whether responding to someone like Shootaway is actually accomplishing anything, or is only bolstering our own belief in our superiority over someone that simply views things differently than the rest of us.

That is all just my opinion, not asking or expecting anyone to agree, but what is really being accomplished by keeping this discussion alive, let it die.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Have a superb evening Randall, always nice to converse with you.

Kind regards,

Steve

Formerly "Nganga"

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Authorities in Africa have gone to the effort of introducing minimum calibre regulations,
but no minimum proficiency standards for hunters.
As long as a client has the money,they are allowed in the field with a firearm, no matter how incompetent-dangerous and destructive they be.

Shoot-a-cow,shoot a hole in the cab of the hunting vehicle,even shoot a PH,
it dont seem to matter, as long as they have more money,they can just keep right on hunting.

Some people have implied that when a PH gets shot, we should not question the client who shot him,
but rather suggest the PH just accept the chance of being shot by a client, as an inherent risk of his career choice.
F**king hilarious!

If people want to offer such leniency to a client for shooting a PH,
then why not also to a client for mistakenly shooting a cow?
Hunting celebrities seem to be entitled to some form of special exemption.

IF you are Boddington or Tim Herald, some fans seem to automatically take their interpretation/version of events,
as being the complete truth & absolute facts.

T.Herald: 'I accidently shot my PH' ,.. T.H.Fans: 'Dont worry, it was just an accident"

C.Boddington: 'I did not illegally shoot a Banteng' ,...CB Fans: 'I believe you because you served as a US Marine'

[what CB conveniently failed to mention to fans is that people could be confusing him with another of the Boddington clan,
who did in fact shoot a Banteng in the alleged illegal hunt. I also wonder why that other Boddington did not take the initiative
to responsibly come forward to help clear the confusion up.]

And lets recall the Brittany Boddington Leopard incident: - some Boddington fans adopting the lunatic attitude that she definitely helped save
the trackers life by the act of shooting him[the tracker, not the leopard]...WTF?

Shootaway: 'I shot a cow by mistake'...Replies: not as favourable or forgiving in nature as those given to celebs like Herald & the Boddingtons.

Posts: 9434 | Location: Here & There- | Registered: 14 May 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Shooting the cow was a minor issue IMHO. Acting like an ass there after falls in the same category. However, the unsafe gun practices are by far the worst thing. Everyone has piled on George for his unsafe practices, perhaps rightfully so. It is puzzling on the other hand to see that no one piles on Tim or Brittany Boddington for things that had far worse consequences.

I have no idea if George has mental health issues or not. If he does, it is in extremely poor taste to say the things that are frequently said about George. Not that he doesn't bring them on himself.

Do the celebrities get special treatment? It surely seem so. Look at the crucifying of George for transgressions with no where near the consequences of the transgressions of certain celebrities. The post about the Boddington bankruptcy was taken down quickly. Has anyone jumped to crucify Boddington because his wife just shot a high fence lion in the RSA ? What would happen if a non celebrity shot a lion in the same place and filed a report here? I will bet I know.

The herd mentality that sometimes surfaces on AR is scary.

Leave George alone. Enough is enough. No ones mind is going to be changed my the insults and name calling nor is George going to have learned a lesson because of it.

Posts: 12095 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Let's not lose sight of two very important facts:

1. This thread was started by George himself; he posted the videos.
2. This thread was the direct result of George insinuating on another thread that it was the PH's fault that the cow was shot.

Does George deserve to be taken to task for attempting to blame someone else for his own mistake, absolutely. Some of the other vitriol is merely a function of the old saying, you sometimes reap what you sow.

Mike

Posts: 21706 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:
Shooting the cow was a minor issue IMHO. Acting like an ass there after falls in the same category. However, the unsafe gun practices are by far the worst thing. Everyone has piled on George for his unsafe practices, perhaps rightfully so. It is puzzling on the other hand to see that no one piles on Tim or Brittany Boddington for things that had far worse consequences.

Larry it is my opinion that the real issue here is not that he shot a cow instead of a bull. That fact is not unique to George, and has been done by many clients and PHs alike over the years, and not just in Africa.

I have to admit I shot a mule deer once across a west Texas canyon. That deer was standing broad side to me, with the head turned to it's right looking straight at me. it had a gigantic rack. The deer just stood there half way between the bottom and the top of the opposite ridge about 300 yds away looking at me on top of my ridge. I sat down and had plenty of time to make the shot. I fired and the deer dropped in it's tracks, but the gigantic "RACK" didn't move at all. It turned out to be a dead juniper top behind the deer shaped exactly like a big rack of antlers, and the deer I shot was a spike buck though legal, it was a mistake none the less. So even though I had shot a couple hundred trophy deer in my life it made no difference in this case.

My main problem with this case we are discussing is not a simple justifiable mistake but a total disregard to instruction from the PH! This is just one more of the same thing I have witnessed on other films with this guy seemingly with his mind some place in the clouds while he is being instructed by the PH on many other occasions as well.

Add the inattention to instruction, the very poor gun handling absolutely justifies the fact that this is brought to the attention of the rank and file here.

The other people you mention and their mishaps are, IMO, in a very different category of accidental shooting, and are not the result of disregarding of instruction, which seems to be a habit with George. In the case of Britteny, this happened because she could see the leopard, but couldn't see the tracker hidden in the grass. The other I'm not aware of the details. Sure these were far more serious, but not in the same vain as the seemingly "MIND IN THE CLOUDS" situation with George!

I agree that George may be suffering from some mental problems that he can't help, and that is unfortunate but is a far different matter than the others. Still I agree some of the venom is a little over the top.

........... Maybe I'm wrong, I was once back in 1954, so I guess I could be wrong again, but I doubt it!
jumping

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Since I was born in 1955, I must have missed that Mac.

Posts: 12095 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:

jumping
Larry I married my first wife in 1954! That was my first mistake! Big Grin

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MacD37:
quote:

jumping

Geez Mack,

And I thought I was old! shocker

465H&H

Posts: 5686 | Location: Nampa, Idaho | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

jumping

Mac:

I married my second wife in 2002 when I was 46 and she was 24. That was my last mistake. It was fun though!

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
I married wife#4 in 19??? oh hell i can't even remember exactly but it's been a while and we are still married......i guess i learned from the previous 3 mistakes.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Do the celebrities get special treatment? It surely seem so. Look at the crucifying of George for transgressions with no where near the consequences of the transgressions of certain celebrities. The post about the Boddington bankruptcy was taken down quickly. Has anyone jumped to crucify Boddington because his wife just shot a high fence lion in the RSA ?
What would happen if a non celebrity shot a lion in the same place and filed a report here? I will bet I know.

Bingo.

If one is a simple 'Joe Public' hunter dangerously waving his gun around a persons back through personal carelessness.... AR will tear you a new A-hole.

An industry celebrity does something much worse[causing greivous bodily harm]... yet seem entitled to a special pardon by some.

Remember the power elite families daughter, Patty Hearst, who was active in the SLA terrorist group,
she got a Prez.pardon and a celebrity T.V. show of her own, as a reward.
The rest of the no-name members of group, got serious federal prison time.

quote:
Shooting the cow was a minor issue IMHO. Acting like an ass there after falls in the same category. However, the unsafe gun practices are by far the worst thing.
Everyone has piled on George for his unsafe practices, perhaps rightfully so. It is puzzling on the other hand to see that no one piles on Tim or Brittany Boddington for things that had far worse consequences.

Brittany Boddington fired her rifle without assuredly knowing/herself safely confirming, where all the members of her hunting party were.
Her own statement confirms it:

quote:
The entire way to the hospital I was trying to figure out what had happened. I could only imagine that I had shot over the leopard and hit Punki as he was running away.
I didn’t know where they had been standing so I assumed that he had just run when the leopard charged .

1./Admittedly not knowing where others were situated,
2./ conveniently/haphazardly 'assuming' that someone has moved away out of serious risk/danger of being shot,

when you yourself are about to discharge a firearm?
IF that aint conscious negligence of firearm safety & awareness, on the shooters part,
then I dont know what is.

Gross Lack of firearm safety & awareness by hunters seems an all to common & regular occurrence in the field.
Unfortunately firearm safety & awareness is much lower down on peoples priority list, than it should be, when hunting.
Its seems too much of an 'inconvenience'[rather that an utmost priority] to some people.
What should matter most is not how big ones trophy is, or whether or not you get your animal at all.
The most important thing is that all people come back alive and in one piece.
All efforts should be directed at achieving this, well before anything else.

Unfortunately peoples egos,sheer negligence-stupidity and 'commercial necessity'
... seem to regularly get in the way of ones better judgement.

Posts: 9434 | Location: Here & There- | Registered: 14 May 2008Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

jumping

Bloody hell!

I am a spring chicken then!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68702 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 505 gibbs
posted Hide Post
quote:
originally posted by Trax:
An industry celebrity does something much worse[causing greivous bodily harm]... yet seem entitled to a special pardon by some.

It would not be near as offensive if it was just a "special pardon", rather many of the moral midgets around here trip all over themselves to take the opportunity to get close to whoever screwed up. You could insert Tim's or Brittany's name for Obama's, skip to :35. F*cking creepy...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I am a spring chicken then!

Perhaps you meant a spring cockerel Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Trax:
quote:

Do the celebrities get special treatment? It surely seem so. Look at the crucifying of George for transgressions with no where near the consequences of the transgressions of certain celebrities. The post about the Boddington bankruptcy was taken down quickly. Has anyone jumped to crucify Boddington because his wife just shot a high fence lion in the RSA ?
What would happen if a non celebrity shot a lion in the same place and filed a report here? I will bet I know.

Bingo.

If one is a simple 'Joe Public' hunter dangerously waving his gun around a persons back through personal carelessness.... AR will tear you a new A-hole.

Remember the power elite families daughter, Patty Hearst, who was active in the SLA terrorist group,
she got a Prez.pardon and a celebrity T.V. show of her own, as a reward.
The rest of the no-name members of group, got serious federal prison time.

quote:
Shooting the cow was a minor issue IMHO. Acting like an ass there after falls in the same category. However, the unsafe gun practices are by far the worst thing.
Everyone has piled on George for his unsafe practices, perhaps rightfully so. It is puzzling on the other hand to see that no one piles on Tim or Brittany Boddington for things that had far worse consequences.

Brittany Boddington fired her rifle without assuredly knowing/herself safely confirming, where all the members of her hunting party were.
Her own statement confirms it:

quote:
The entire way to the hospital I was trying to figure out what had happened. I could only imagine that I had shot over the leopard and hit Punki as he was running away.
I didn’t know where they had been standing so I assumed that he had just run when the leopard charged .

1./Admittedly not knowing where others were situated,
2./ conveniently/haphazardly 'assuming' that someone has moved away out of serious risk/danger of being shot,

when you yourself are about to discharge a firearm?
IF that aint conscious negligence of firearm safety & awareness, on the shooters part,
then I dont know what is.

Gross Lack of firearm safety & awareness by hunters seems an all to common & regular occurrence in the field.
Unfortunately firearm safety & awareness is much lower down on peoples priority list, than it should be, when hunting.
Its seems too much of an 'inconvenience'[rather that an utmost priority] to some people.
What should matter most is not how big ones trophy is, or whether or not you get your animal at all.
The most important thing is that all people come back alive and in one piece.
All efforts should be directed at achieving this, well before anything else.

Unfortunately peoples egos,sheer negligence-stupidity and 'commercial necessity'
... seem to regularly get in the way of ones better judgement.

I took a cursory look through a couple pages of hunt reports. I found and saved 4 pictures that clearly show muzzle sweep by some of the hero's around here. Even a popular PH or two.

Perhaps a second thread "Celebrity Sweeps" is in order.

Steve

Formerly "Nganga"

One of Us
posted Hide Post
2 Facts here

1/ George is certainly not handicapped in any way- infact he runs a pretty successful little business.

2/If you are hunting Dangerous game and hunting them properly ie tracking them on foot through rough and thick terrain your muzzle is going to sweep someone sometime be it the PH or tracker. Thats a simple fact. What we have to do make sure that that safe is always on and try and limit those sweeps to a bear minimum.

Posts: 1128 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 22 June 2009Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Buzz Charlton:
2 Facts here

1/ George is certainly not handicapped in any way- infact he runs a pretty successful little business.

2/If you are hunting Dangerous game and hunting them properly ie tracking them on foot through rough and thick terrain your muzzle is going to sweep someone sometime be it the PH or tracker. Thats a simple fact. What we have to do make sure that that safe is always on and try and limit those sweeps to a bear minimum.

Buzz,

I think you have just brought some reality to this.

That is why one should never take the safety off until he is on the sticks.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68702 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote