THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    my accidental cow video-the jealousy thread
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

my accidental cow video-the jealousy thread
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Crazyhorseconsulting:
quote:
Steve, you'd really need to have followed the history and the comments that the 'Canadian' has made in the past here. This is just another step for him.

Not meaning to offend, but Steve has/does keep up with a lot of what goes on here. He may not make very many posts, but when he does they are worth listening too/reading.

Sorry, but I have to call BS on you CH. Steve has said it himself:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Nganga:
I have not been around here enough to see the history or as Mike says, George's "body of work." Perhaps my disdain for the schoolyard tactics is misplaced.

Bottom line, this whole ENTIRE thread is in response to a comment the George posted them deleted. Does that tell you anything? Now George has deleted the videos. Does that tell you anything?

George made a mistake. Probably due to a bit of Hubris. Now he is being called and ass for acting like an ass. Why should he deserve any better?

Jason

"You're not hard-core, unless you live hard-core."

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 6838 | Location: Nome, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mike Brooks
posted Hide Post
Steve knows me some what. We hunted in Oz last year. He's a good guy.

NRA Life
ASSRA Life
DRSS

Today's Quote:
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a free cell phone with free monthly minutes, food stamps, section 8 housing, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.

Posts: 4096 | Location: Cherkasy Ukraine  | Registered: 19 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Seems as though condemnation was warranted here. But since the links are now dead, I can't comment.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13635 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Man, you guys are a tough crowd...

the criticism is deserved, however.

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I decided to judge Shootaway for myself by reading as many of his past posts as I could.

The posts make it clear that Shootaway is receiving exactly what he deserves and in fact asks for.

Even if you do not read any of his past posts just read some of his responses here; those that have not been deleted.

I watched the videos several times. To try to lay any blame on the PH is ludicrous!

To not accept blame; to try to put blame elsewhere is to never learn form the mistake.
That is probably the biggest mistake of all.

michael458, if you make it to southwest Idaho I would be proud to take you to dinner. You are a good judge of character.
Shane

Posts: 1464 | Location: Southwestern Idaho, USA!!!! | Registered: 29 March 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of michael458
posted Hide Post
7mmnut and npd345....

Thank you for the kind invites..... When in the area, count on it, and afterward drinks on me.

beer

http://www.b-mriflesandcartridges.com/default.html

The New Word is "Non-Conventional", add "Conventional" to the Endangered Species List!
Live Outside The Box of "Conventional Wisdom"

I do Not Own Any Part of Any Bullet Company, I am not in the Employ Of Any Bullet Company. I do not represent, own stock, nor do I receive any proceeds, or monies from ANY BULLET COMPANY. I am not in the bullet business, and have no Bullets to sell to you, nor anyone else.

Posts: 8426 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: 23 June 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Just a quick word of caution to 7mmnut and npd345, if at any such dinner Michael pulls out a Mason Jar of some seemingly ubiquitous liquid, imbibe in moderation.

Mike

Posts: 21706 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MJines:
Just a quick word of caution to 7mmnut and npd345, if at any such dinner Michael pulls out a Mason Jar of some seemingly ubiquitous liquid, imbibe in moderation.

you mean everyone going by can have some kooladid

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:

Especially if he labels it something like Blueberry Pie or Apple Pie. Word of caution, No Smoking around that stuff! Wink

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I make some pretty fine Apple Pie myself!

quote:

Posts: 1464 | Location: Southwestern Idaho, USA!!!! | Registered: 29 March 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Shootaway gave Saeed permission to repost the videos. Is there a place where they can be viewed?

Jeff

Posts: 2857 | Location: FL | Registered: 18 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It's amazing how a few written comments from one person can unlease the dark side of so many people's personalities.

What does this say about humanity...our dark sides must be substantial and very close to the surface.

It also begs the question...who is really in control here? Maybe it's shootaway.

Good luck to us all!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
This shouldn't be judged on the basis if this thread alone.

Posts: 12095 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bwana Bunduki:
Shootaway gave Saeed permission to repost the videos. Is there a place where they can be viewed?

Jeff

I will post them tomorrow here.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68703 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ackley Improved User:
What does this say about humanity...our dark sides must be substantial and very close to the surface.

Really? Are you being factitious? The dark side of humanity? Substantial? This thread? Gimme a break, you need to get out more.

Mike

Posts: 21706 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post

Posts: 68703 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
Theres been videos made and pictures taken of me in the past that were not flattering. I certainly didn't post them on the internet.

Shootaway you've certainly gone to great effort to make yourself look bad, I can't imagine what else you thought would happen.

Posts: 9448 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I viewed the clips. It is hard to fault the PH.

Did anyone notice George sweeping the PH with his rifle in video #3?

Posts: 12095 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of michael458
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by npd345:
I make some pretty fine Apple Pie myself!

quote:

Oh Yes? Hmmmmm..... Might be planning a trip pretty soon!!!!! HEH HEH......

Mighty good stuff!!!!!

M

The New Word is "Non-Conventional", add "Conventional" to the Endangered Species List!

I do Not Own Any Part of Any Bullet Company, I am not in the Employ Of Any Bullet Company. I do not represent, own stock, nor do I receive any proceeds, or monies from ANY BULLET COMPANY. I am not in the bullet business, and have no Bullets to sell to you, nor anyone else.

Posts: 8426 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: 23 June 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of michael458
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:
I viewed the clips. It is hard to fault the PH.

Did anyone notice George sweeping the PH with his rifle in video #3?

Scary to say the least......... With clients like that, the PH needs eyes in the back of his head, as
the most dangerous game is walking behind him!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Having seen the clips, I will say only this. The palpable sickening feeling after the cow is shot is obvious. Second, if your PH requires binos to sort out which beastie to take; how can you confer intelligently if you have no binos or optics?

Taken as an incident in the bush, it sucks for all involved. Adrenaline does strange things to people. I will leave the beat down to others for previous crimes perceived.

Jeff

Posts: 2857 | Location: FL | Registered: 18 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Interesting how so many calls this guy every foul name under the sun, not a good word to be heard. You would almost think he shot someone in the back but alas no, he did indeed pass the gun in a rather not too safe manner it [B]appeared behind the PH's back but his finger was NOT on the trigger that I could determine. Then perhaps it was the angle of the camera. There was a powerful lot of shoot no don't shoot, wait, shoot, shoot, don't shoot wait wait,it was sort of a melodrama there. He shot a golden cow buffalo. WOW, you would think he shot a person or a dozen people the way some grown adults (professional people many) are making a vendetta against this guy, all from the anonymity of an site which should be used by folks trying to sort each outer out and be helpful. I just wonder how many of these people who engage in the gutter language and treatment would speak to a business client, Judge or court or in Church or for that matter to anyone if it were a face to face situation.

If I was the PH I could give a toss about the cow, "you shot it Bwana, you pay for it". Tough luck, you blew the program there and now you pay. I would however be seriously uptight about anyone letting go with a big bore rifle (does anyone know the bore of the rifle) near my ear hole without sufficient warning to cover-up. That can cause permanent damage to one's hearing and all of who shoot understand about loss of hearing.

It is bloody well easy to hide behind some screen name and call folks degrading names. Some folks say he deserves every word of it from his "past actions" perhaps, but then perhaps it just lowers a group of good folks down to that level or lower since many here proudly proclaim they are far far superior to this guy.

There was one or perhaps a few who made a comment that we may well not agree with each other which is fine, but in the situation that all of us are in today it seems that we should look at the big picture and remain united to preserve the real things which are important to us. There are a lot of people out there who love this sort of display among adults who really should all be working together for the common good of Hunting, Shooting and being able to carry our firearms without being molested by a load of liberal Marxist that are trying to throw up every road block they can to destroy our heritage.

If we do not stand together for the big picture we certainly shall fall separately.

Photobucket

Posts: 410 | Location: Benton, Pennsylvania USA | Registered: 16 December 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scott King:
Theres been videos made and pictures taken of me in the past that were not flattering. I certainly didn't post them on the internet.

Shootaway you've certainly gone to great effort to make yourself look bad, I can't imagine what else you thought would happen.

One day I hope to get a life and abandon AR and other bad habits(like picking my nose).

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shootaway:
quote:
Originally posted by Scott King:

One day I hope to get a life and abandon AR and other bad habits(like picking my nose).

We hope you'll abandon AR to.........I kinda had you figured for a "nose picker".

Posts: 42343 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
GOB,I have been shooting guns all my life and can tell you no one put any muzzle near anyones ear or point a muzzle at anybody.Infact Justin Drainer-one of the camera men of cms-the company I hunted with told me that of all the clients he had nobody handled a rifle safer or was more careful with the direction of the muzzle than I-and that is one of the best compliments I ever received-one echoed to me by my father(who is not famous for his praises).

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Ackley Improved User:

Really? Are you being factitious? The dark side of humanity? Substantial? This thread? Gimme a break, you need to get out more.

MJ, you make my point beautifully - such a trivial thread and yet so much anger, venom, name calling, etc., and all over reaction and unnecessary.

Yes, I'm sincere, and I worry when I see such vilification expressed for no good reason. It's borderline pathological.

One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Saw the videos. Painful to watch.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13635 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
GOB,I have been shooting guns all my life and can tell you no one put any muzzle near anyones ear or point a muzzle at anybody.

I saw the video and this is simply untrue.

Posts: 2659 | Location: Southwestern Alberta | Registered: 08 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I wasn't going to comment again but as above.

I have just watched Video 3 and before half way
the PH is swept by the muzzle and an earlier instance where it was in the PH's general direction.

Previously 500N with many thousands of posts !

Posts: 1815 | Location: Australia | Registered: 16 January 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
My Goodness, I thought the ARPF was a tough place. Eish!

~Ann

Posts: 19551 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The muzzle was almost a rifle's length away from the PHs right ear which was at the time of the shot on level with the shooter's left shoulder, putting the muzzle and blast well forward of the PH (00:09).

At no time did the PH touch his ear, or indicate his ear had been subjected to the muzzle blast; he flashed his hand upwards in a WTF manner immediately after the shot.

Nowhere but nowhere after the shot did he ever give the slightest hint that his ear had suffered from the unexpected shot.

Shootaway may have irritated a lot of people with some of his previous posts but the retribution he is receiving for his sins is somehow out of proportion.

One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
I remember a certain new site that came into existence recently, and a certain AR member that became a moderator on that site. I also remember another AR member joining said site and trying to simply participate.

However due to the new "Moderators" prejudices toward that person, the person was banned from the site.

Funny part is that a couple of weeks later, the member received word that the ban had been lifted and the new "Moderator" and his over zealous use of his "Powers" had been removed from the new site.

All this took place because a person decided that because they were given a little bit of authority, they would punish people that they did not agree with of felt did not have the proper respect for that persons authority.

There is no telling how much damage was done to that new site by people holding grudges over supposed disagreements or slights, on a medium where the vast majority of the participants will never actually come into contact with each other.

Don't like shootaway's posts/responses/comments, either put him on ignore or simply grow a spine and when you see his name, move along to something else.

That applies to each and every member of ANY Site, not just AR. If you do not agree with a person, simply ignore them! Whether thru use of the ignore feature or having the ability to just not read that persons posts/responses.

These so-called Personal Grudges/Hatreds among supposed adults are really childish, each and every one of us have the right to our own opinion.

If you don't agree another members thoughts/ideas/beliefs, say so and move on. Bullying/browbeating/belittling someone/anyone simply because they have a different does none of us or the site any good.

If folks would simply have looked at who started the thread and stopped and considered their prior interactions with this individual, about 3.5 pages would not have seen the light day.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chuck Nelson:
quote:
GOB,I have been shooting guns all my life and can tell you no one put any muzzle near anyones ear or point a muzzle at anybody.

and you wonder why he changed the thread name to "the jealousy thread"?? some people live in a dream world.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13408 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thank you Crazy horse.
I never thought by starting this thread that I would make friends with quite a few!

One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
quote:
I never thought by starting this thread that I would make friends with quite a few!

Before you break your arm patting yourself on the back. I am not/was not defending you with ANYTHING I said. I have made plenty of enemies on this site, and have remained on speaking terms with others. Being an ass hole myself gives me a different way of looking at things.

I can understand from looking at past discussions you have been involved in, why people have the attitude toward you that they do. I can see many of the same things concerning peoples attitudes toward me over stuff I have said.

I cannot change peoples attitude toward me, don't plan on trying. The points I am trying to make, whether anyone understands them or not, are 1. each of us, as a human being, has the right to our own, individual set of thoughts/beliefs concerning hunting/shooting, and 2, No One is compelled to agree with anyone, if a person disagrees, say so, in a civil manner and be done with it.

I am a believer in fairness, I do not like seeing ANYONE, no matter how wrong/right or misguided they maybe, Gang-Banged by a group of internet vigilantes. That is nothing more than rude behavior that ADULTS should be beyond.

None of what I have said was done out of friendship! None of what I have said was did so to defend you! My sole intention is to try and get folks to understand that internet hatred or ass-kissing, does no one any good.

It Is The Internet Folks, And From Experience, Once You Get ANYONE From Behind That Monitor And Into Real Time Face To Face Situations, It Is Amazing How Fast The Internet Ego Crumbles.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The internet has spawned an new evil - INTERNET BULLIES. Those with a strong positive self image can survive their attack dog antics, but some - especially young folks, teenagers, etc. - can be traumatizied to the point of suicide. A tragedy.

I'm not sure anything much can be done about it on AR, the moderator is very liberal with this sort of thing. It is his call, his forum. Yet, we can advocate civility.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:
quote:
Originally posted by Chuck Nelson:
quote:

and you wonder why he changed the thread name to "the jealousy thread"?? some people live in a dream world.

I saw the name change. Jealous of what? Shooting a cow? Bizarre. space

One of Us
Picture of michael458
posted Hide Post
quote:
especially young folks, teenagers, etc. - can be traumatizied to the point of suicide. A tragedy.

That's me... I've been "Traumatized"............. CRYBABY

By all the idiot comments on this Thread............. animal No offense to your statement AIU.... I could not resist myself being traumatized.... LOL.....

Shootaway does this crap on purpose, to draw attention to himself, and fully expects the sort of return he gets. He has been doing this for years, and this is no different. He enjoys it, so all those of you that have concerns about poor Shootaway being "Traumatized", or suffering pain and anguish over anything ANYONE could possibly say, that ship already sailed a long time ago. He is disturbed beyond all hope of return to sanity..... Not able to be rescued, and if you try, he will run you over too.... horse

So you might as well enjoy the antics and move on..........

space

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not a problem, as was said angles on video is many times deceiving at best. If you say you did not then that is the way it is. None of us were there to dispute your work.

Photobucket

Posts: 410 | Location: Benton, Pennsylvania USA | Registered: 16 December 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I dedicate this song to all the jealous guys.
song