THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    my accidental cow video-the jealousy thread
Page 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 13

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

my accidental cow video-the jealousy thread
 Login/Join

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by surestrike:
Shootaway is just your average everyday aspergers sufferer with socipathic tendencies. Who happens to like shooting and killing with a heavy rifle. No big deal...

Exactly what I was thinking, Dr. Surestrike.

Meets DSM IV Criteria for:

AXIS I: Asperger's Disorder (aka "high-functioning autism").

AXIS II: Cluster B Personality Disorder including full-blown Antisocial, Narcissistic, Histrionic, and Borderline traits (aka "mixed personality disorder").

The creepy part is that his Asperger's obsessiveness and ritualism is focused on self humiliation at ar.com.

Prognosis: Grim.
To change this dim bulb, firstly, the bulb must want to change.

Above hairstyle is the result of frequent use of "shooting helmet" for extended shooting practice videotape sessions.
It would be a plus for ease of application of ECT electrodes for shock therapy at the institution if he ever gets treatment.

Posts: 28032 | Location: KY | Registered: 09 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
I see at least one person has had a sudden stroke of conscience and deleted a post (which was available for a very short time) calling into question George's mental stability and making what I consider a rather crude ad hominem remark. I don't know George, have never met him, and sure, by reading his posts he views things from a bit of an different angle, but to lay questions as to the guy's sanity/mental state/potential personality disorders etc is simply pathetic. One may argue "He asks for it by putting up the video/making comments." But remember, even when a person asks you to take a shot, you still are the one who must act. Being goaded into attacking a person shows you are weaker than he.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BaxterB:
I see at least one person has had a sudden stroke of conscious and deleted a post (which was available for a very short time) calling into question George's mental stability and making what I consider a rather crude ad hominem remark. I don't know George, have never met him, and sure, by reading his posts he views things from a bit of an different angle, but to lay questions as to the guy's sanity/mental state/potential personality disorders etc is simply pathetic. One may argue "He asks for it by putting up the video/making comments." But remember, even when a person asks you to take a shot, you still are the one who must act. Being goaded into attacking a person shows you are weaker than he.

Pathetic is right.
You meant "stroke of conscience" right?
That is exactly what shootaway needs. That is the first step in treatment.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Funny thing RIP, some folks want to make apologies for shootaway. But the truth of the matter is that his condition is an obvious diagnosis and he's using this forum as springboard for his Axis II behavior.

Geroge doesn't need an apologist or sorrow, that will only feed his disorder. He needs to have his head figuratively and forcefully stuck in his bucket of behavioral shit so that he can start to see how bad it really is and decide for himself that it's time to make a change.

Knowing what I do about George there is no way on HELL that he should be allowed to hunt or posses a weapon. Sandy Hook anyone? That little physco had the same behavioral issues as our very own shootaway.

Not to put to soft of an edge on it but that is the hard cold truth.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Dr. Surestrike,
Very astute of you.
That is a good point about this forum being a springboard for Axis II behavior by shootaway also, in many ways.
One example is his "Borderline" behavior: Instead of superficially cutting/scratching himself on the wrists for attention, he humiliates himself here.
Antisocial, Narcissistic, and Histrionic behaviors are all too obvious. Dead serious stuff.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have tried to understand the situation and there appears to be no logic at all for the name calling even if you are correct. It brings one down to the level of this poor guy. Folks are correct, this guy has very real problems and does seem to be either a total lier or just does not know what he has done.

A shot between the eyes of a buffalo is a brain shot and results in instant lights out. I happened to see all of the video's and this buffalo definitely was not shot between the eyes as claimed. Sadly this gentleman appears to have real issues but it still remains improper to constantly insult anyone with what appears to be mental issues. It would not surprise me if this man does not have every word of his postings (and replies) saved to files and on walls somewhere within his residence much like many serial killers or pyromaniacs do with Newspaper clippings of their crimes.

Does anyone know what this guy does to earn the money for his exploits to far away places?

Through it all the bottom line remains he did not hurt anyone, he shot a cow and seemingly has paid for it and has a lot of grown men and women going ballistic over it.

Who is winning this battle? It is like trying to carry on a discussion with a liberal, completely impossible to do so why waste our breath?

Photobucket

Posts: 410 | Location: Benton, Pennsylvania USA | Registered: 16 December 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of David Hulme
posted Hide Post
First-rate entertainment, thank you all.

Posts: 2270 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 28 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
we can only hope he keeps his psychopathology north of the border.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13408 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
quote:
You meant "stroke of conscience" right?

Yes, thanks. Edited.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shootaway:
Seriously though I enjoyed hunting with Blake both times.Blake always wants things his way and he cant take criticism that much.He has alot of youthfull energy and things get done when he is around.He takes great pleasure in his work.I do get along with Blake-not easily but we do get along.We both share a passion for rifles and shooting.Richard does not talk alot but he is an extremely interesting person to talk to.I can tell he is really into finding a nice trophy. The camp manager Jappy told me that if you climb a high mountain some place or some inaccessible spot there will be only one footprint there and that will belong to Richard Tabor.With Blake you can follow a Dagga boy for days and not get him and he will say that is hunting.With Richard he will say (once the buff is spooked),he will walk in the wind forever and we will never catch him-we will find a better one-and you would.

At what point does it become appropriate to ctiticize your PH? Of all the refuse that has been proffered on this thread, I find this the most disturbing.

jeff

Posts: 2857 | Location: FL | Registered: 18 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You guys are taking George much too seriously. I just sit back and read his posts and wonder what off the wall comment he will come up with next. I also treat them as good comedy and he usually makes me smile. I see him as I would a petulant child whose next antic or comment is unpredictable.

465H&H

Posts: 5686 | Location: Nampa, Idaho | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 465H&H:
You guys are taking George much too seriously. I just sit back and read his posts and wonder what off the wall comment he will come up with next. I also treat them as good comedy and he usually makes me smile. I see him as I would a petulant child whose next antic or comment is unpredictable.

465H&H

I tend to agree with that assessment for the bulk of George's asinine statements, particularly those that reflect his lack of shooting knowledge or expertise. But to call out a young PH and attempt to tag him with the blame for George's own irresponsibility is where I think a line has to be drawn.

Mike

Posts: 21706 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SR4759:
quote:
GOB,I have been shooting guns all my life and can tell you no one put any muzzle near anyones ear or point a muzzle at anybody.Infact Justin Drainer-one of the camera men of cms-the company I hunted with told me that of all the clients he had nobody handled a rifle safer or was more careful with the direction of the muzzle than I-and that is one of the best compliments I ever received-one echoed to me by my father(who is not famous for his praises).

I don't think this can be posted too many times.

Sand Creek November 29 1864

Posts: 1511 | Location: cul va | Registered: 25 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Oh my good garden peas! How did I miss this thread. Went varmint calling sat night with Todd and he caught me up. Lots of traffic, no need for me to weigh in, just a lot of reading.

Dave Fulson

Posts: 1467 | Registered: 20 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Is that safety in the fire position? shocker

The only easy day is yesterday!

Posts: 2758 | Location: Northern Minnesota | Registered: 22 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
of course not- George already told us he NEVER DID this and he is ALWAYS careful about the safety- even you Blake reminded him several times on the video to safe his rifle! space

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pegleg:
Is that safety in the fire position? shocker

Didn't someone else point this out as well !

Previously 500N with many thousands of posts !

Posts: 1815 | Location: Australia | Registered: 16 January 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The great irony of human intelligence is that the only species on Earth capable of reason, complex-problem solving, long-term planning and consciousness understands so little about the organ that makes it all possible—the brain." —Amanda Bower, Time, 20 Aug. 2001

Even more so for the brain of shootaway.
Hopefully he will donate that to science immediately. He obviously has no current use for it.

That sweep comes at about 1:55 on "Video 3" and just before, during, and after it happens you can see the safety is indeed in fire position.

George seems to have been aware that he was sweeping across the (name not mentioned to protect the innocent)-PH's backside, pointing through a knee-level arc.
He did it very quickly as if believing he is faster than the camera's eye. Thought disorder. Impaired reality testing.

Yep, that is a single square bridge Mauser with the standard Mauser "Flag" that is so wonderful on iron sighted rifles.
"Irony sighted" rifle in George's case. Roll Eyes

quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
Video 1

Video 2

Video 3

shootaway's real name is Socrates? How ironic!
He's teaching us by Socratic irony.
Crazy like a fox!
Selfless saint of how not to behave.

Definition of IRONY:

: a pretense of ignorance and of willingness to learn from another assumed in order to make the other's false conceptions conspicuous by adroit questioning —called also Socratic irony
a : the use of words to express something other than and especially the opposite of the literal meaning
b : a usually humorous or sardonic literary style or form characterized by irony
c : an ironic expression or utterance
a (1) : incongruity between the actual result of a sequence of events and the normal or expected result (2) : an event or result marked by such incongruity
b : incongruity between a situation developed in a drama and the accompanying words or actions that is understood by the audience but not by the characters in the play —called also dramatic irony, tragic irony

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
yep, 3b pretty well sums it up. when you live in fantasy land( i.e. "the jealousy thread", as in the rest of us are jealous of George and his stupidity) reality is not a consideration.....if one had no background info on George, you might be inclined to think he is just careless/stupid. but if you do, you realize he is delusional.

One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
Wow! Train reck on ALL acounts.......wow......wow.... killpc

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

Rhyme of the Sheep Hunter
May fordings never be too deep, And alders not too thick; May rock slides never be too steep And ridges not too slick.
And may your bullets shoot as swell As Fred Bear's arrow's flew; And may your nose work just as well As Jack O'Connor's too.
May winds be never at your tail When stalking down the steep; May bears be never on your trail When packing out your sheep.
May the hundred pounds upon you Not make you break or trip; And may the plane in which you flew Await you at the strip.
-Seth Peterson

Posts: 4551 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 21 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Ease up lads. Blake is dancing in front of the client on the final approach. This is when accidents happen and Blake should have had his eye on the client and his rifle.

With open sights there should have been a set of sticks and then the PH can settle the client into the shot and direct point of aim.

Otherwise Blake handled himself well and his communication was excellent. That is if Shootaway was at all listening?

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9962 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
George wore a binocular on his neck but I can't see he had ever used it at all since the beginning. After the first shot, why did he walk so far behind the PH, afraid of a charge?

Thorns in fingers and hands, cuts in arms and legs, blisters in feets, happiness in me.

One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fairgame:
Ease up lads. Blake is dancing in front of the client on the final approach. This is when accidents happen and Blake should have had his eye on the client and his rifle.

With open sights there should have been a set of sticks and then the PH can settle the client into the shot and direct point of aim.

Otherwise Blake handled himself well and his communication was excellent. That is if Shootaway was at all listening?

Damn hard to settle a client into a set of sticks and direct the point of aim for the shot when the client just hauls off and starts shooting before the targeted animal is identified.

By the way, Dave; it's all your fault that I missed that fox at 15 yards with a 10ga scattergun the other night while we were varmint calling!! rotflmo

One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
The real question now, as I see it, is will this thread make it to 10 pages?

The videos have clearly shown that the shooter was making all sorts of mistakes during the stalk. It also clearly shows that even though young and less experienced, the PH was doing the best job he could, given the attitude and arrogance of the client.

If the PH made a mistake, it was simply by not calling off that stalk and leaving the buffalo and the client to calm their asses down and trying again AFTER, confirming who was in charge. Just because a client is paying for the hunt and may have some experience, that does not equal out to them being right all of the time.

If anyone is going to a PH/Guide/Outfitter to do a job, for God sakes let them do it.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fairgame:

I think it has been pretty well established that Shootaway has no need to listen- after all, he already knows everything and all of you are just jealous of his knowledge/prowess.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Video 3 clearly shows the need to be extremely careful with ones guns. George sweeped him so many times I thought that maybe George was going to check his zero on Blake's back!

Posts: 12095 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
There is one extremely positive outcome of this video and that is the stone cold professionalism and patients shown by Blake. Given the circumstances he maintained a very clam cool demeanor. He was obviously and rightfully agitated by the absolute incompetence of his "hunter". Yet held his temper and his tongue to a very admirable degree. That is extremely impressive for a young man to have that kind of control.

I would have removed the rifle from Geroge's hands unloaded it and ended the hunt. Goodbye Mr. George! This was no accidental shooting it was a flagrant disregard of your PH's instructions and a stark example of a psychotic, delusional episode caught on tape. Bret says "wait" KA-BOOM "GEROGE! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?" George "You said shoot that one." There is no grey area here. Our boy from the North had himself an auditory hallucination of which judging from his posts and complete lack of understanding as to what factually occurred is still clinging to his deluded and psychotic version of reality. A lack of the ability to separate reality from fantasy is yet another sign that poor old George is suffering from the above mentioned mental issues.

Given the facts it would be extremely foolish of CMS or anyone with knowledge of George and his unique status to allow this man to hunt ever again.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The one thing I have learned from this thread:
MAKE SURE THERE IS AT LEAST 10 MILES BETWEEN ME & SHOOTAWAY PERIOD!

LORD, let my bullets go where my crosshairs show.
Not all who wander are lost.
NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

Posts: 2786 | Location: Northeast Louisianna | Registered: 06 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
you guys may have noticed that after George's first hunt with CMS, conducted by Buzz, he has hunted with other PH's IIRC. wonder why??

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:
Video 3 clearly shows the need to be extremely careful with ones guns. George sweeped him so many times I thought that maybe George was going to check his zero on Blake's back!

NOW THAT IS A GOOD ONE. DAMN NEAR SPILLED MY DRINK tu2 I did notice that video 4, which was MIA is now back up. i guess Shitaway is proud of his finisher- " come George, come shoot your cow". dancing

One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you watch the action several times you will notice how clumsy the rifle handling is and the fact that there is no use of the binocular. I think that the primary concern was to avoid dinging the new high dollar custom rifle with the binocular. Hence the clumsy carrying of the rifle on the right side muzzle forward with the left hand while the right hand tries to control the binocular. No one else does that.

quote:
Originally posted by Stan-Elephant Trail:
George wore a binocular on his neck but I can't see he had ever used it at all since the beginning. After the first shot, why did he walk so far behind the PH, afraid of a charge?

Posts: 13978 | Location: http://www.tarawaontheweb.org/tarawa2.jpg | Registered: 03 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Apparently all videos have been pulled.

LORD, let my bullets go where my crosshairs show.
Not all who wander are lost.
NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

Posts: 2786 | Location: Northeast Louisianna | Registered: 06 October 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
part1
part2
part3
part4

The freeze-frame sweep is at 1:55 of "part1" in shootaways postings at youtube, original posting above ... working again ... off & on?

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
the on again/off again thing is just due to George's mood swings( bipolar disorder- manic- depressive). is he up or is he down?? space

one of us
Picture of FOsteology
posted Hide Post
Figured out how to get them all to play. Since Saeed posted only the first three, here's part 4 for those that wanted to view it.

part 4

Posts: 1181 | Location: Texas | Registered: 23 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
Winding down on number 7 only 3 more pages to 10.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
no problem- with shitaway as the subject, 10 pages are damn near a slam dunk rotflmo

One of Us
Picture of PD999
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Crazyhorseconsulting:

The real question now, as I see it, is will this thread make it to 10 pages?

OK I'll help out too beer
Now we've made it to page 8!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition” ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 1231 | Location: London, UK | Registered: 02 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Velvet ant - also known as the cow killer.

Posts: 13978 | Location: http://www.tarawaontheweb.org/tarawa2.jpg | Registered: 03 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bud Meadows
posted Hide Post
The only fault I can find with Blake is his continuous repeting of George's name- SIX times in about a two minute span. That would distract me if I were the hunter.

Jesus saves, but Moses invests

Posts: 1388 | Location: Lake Bluff, IL | Registered: 02 May 2008Reply With Quote