THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    my accidental cow video-the jealousy thread
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 13

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

my accidental cow video-the jealousy thread
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
"Once You Get ANYONE From Behind That Monitor And Into Real Time Face To Face Situations, It Is Amazing How Fast The Internet Ego Crumbles."

Crazy Horse.

I would say anything I have said on here to Shootaway, or on other threads involving him
to him directly.

If I think he is wrong, he is wrong and
would say so.

This would be exactly the same as Michael458
and I would say the same things as we have said on here, even though we disagree.

This hiding behind the screen, Jesus, I have picked up the phone before and called people
to clarify things said on a forum and I'd do
it again.

Previously 500N with many thousands of posts !

Posts: 1815 | Location: Australia | Registered: 16 January 2012Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
George,

I dedicate this to you - song

And this is for both us song 2

GEorge

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Video #3 at 1:55 the PH is clearly swept by the muzzle. It isn't a camera angle problem.
The PH might be safer staying in the back.

Sand Creek November 29 1864

Posts: 1511 | Location: cul va | Registered: 25 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GeorgeS:
George,

GEorge
opeo-yiasou!

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Muletrain
posted Hide Post
quote:
George,

GEorge

I have only one comment about any of this thread, THERE ARE SOME NICE TITS IN THE ABOVE MUSIC VIDEO.

Elephant Hunter,
Double Rifle Shooter Society,
NRA Lifetime Member,
Ten Safaris, in RSA, Namibia, Zimbabwe

Posts: 955 | Location: Houston, Texas, USA | Registered: 13 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
quote:
I would say anything I have said on here to Shootaway, or on other threads involving himto him directly.If I think he is wrong, he is wrong andwould say so.This would be exactly the same as Michael458and I would say the same things as we have said on here, even though we disagree.This hiding behind the screen, Jesus, I have picked up the phone before and called peopleto clarify things said on a forum and I'd doit again.

And that may or does place you in the minority. My use of the word ANYONE, might or does do a disservice to those that will not or might not respond differently in person than when on the internet. I have been able to meet a fair number of members off of the various sites I am on/have been on, and rarely has any of them reacted or responded exactly as they do when on line.

I just have a hard time however seeing how such discussions as this one benefits anyone in any manner. The individual that started the thread has repeatedly proven that he is not going to change his attitude or manner of expressing his thoughts or beliefs. The AR Posse Comitatus or however it should be referred to, is just as inflexible in its inability to simply accept this person for what they are and as a group ignore his ramblings.

A member with a reputation for continually starting discussions asking for help and then immediately telling those offering suggestions or advice how wrong or stupid they are, or posts videos and a hunt report over what was clearly an accident mixed in with a lack of communication, and attempts to place all the blame on the PH, a person that continually displays this type behavior, and evidently receives the responses he is looking for or he would not continue to participate on this site.

Maybe if members simply would not take the bait he is dangling, he would stop getting the responses he is fishing for.

Just one mans opinion.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Crazy Horse,

Yes, I understand. I know people are not as outspoken as me outside of forums so can
understand where you are coming from.

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shootaway:
I dedicate this song to all the jealous guys.
song

you are right, George. i am jealous because i haven't shot a COW, blamed my PH for my screw up,blamed the area i hunted for my lack of success, probably damaged my PH's hearing, and swung the muzzle across his back and head numerous times. i know- it's just the camera angle- nothing you did..man,i wish i could be as good a hunter as you. barf

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13408 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
quote:
I know people are not as outspoken as me

See, I do not view you as being outspoken. I view you, just from your posts/responses, as someone that does not have a problem speaking their mind regardless of the venue and really does not concern himself with how any particular individual chooses to interpret your words. I respect that in anyone. Our society as a whole has devolved to a state where too many people are too concerned about offending others, simply by stating an honest/open opinion.

I do not care whether people agree with me or disagree with me on any subject, but I do expect people to extend a little respect in my right to have and form an opinion no matter how different it maybe to another's way of thinking and I also expect a certain amount of respect for my right to defend/stand by my opinion.

I can handle your brand of outspoken any day better than I can stand individuals that dance around like a ballerina, trying not to offend anyone by stating what they are actually thinking or how they actually feel.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Our society as a whole has devolved to a state where too many people are too concerned about offending others, simply by stating an honest/open opinion.

Oh yes, over here in Aus, you say something, you are either a racist or a right wing nut job because we don't adhere to the lefty fluffy wuffy world they live in.

Speaking my mind is probably a better way of putting it than being outspoken.

"but I do expect people to extend a little respect in my right to have and form an opinion no matter how different it maybe to another's way of thinking and I also expect a certain amount of respect for my right to defend/stand by my opinion."

I don't think someone who asks for help and
then disagrees with it respects the people and so they get noses out of joint - why ask if you aren't going to listen ?

I also can't stand ballerina's or flip flop merchants !!!

Anyway, one last thing. If you can't cop comment, good or bad, don't post it on an
internet forum. No if's buts or maybe's, once you put something in the public domain, you have to take what comes.

Anyway, I am out of here !!!

One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
Nige, are you spoiling for a fight mate? Wink

You know what the real Aussies are really like!Big Grin

Regarding this thread

1 Nice tits in the Song no 2
2 I'll watch these 3 clips several time as I prepare for my first African / buffalo safari next year.
3. Nigel is actually not a real Aussie! stir
4 I am bored right now & off to lunch.

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11224 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
And you are not a real Kiwi Wink

LOL

Big Grin

one of us
posted Hide Post
Watching shootaway-George in these videos,
my overwhelming impression was of watching Billy Bob Thornton play "Bad Santa on Safari."
It was eerie!
Plumb weird!

BTW, what happened to the 4th Video?

Saeed only posted the first three ,,, Not watching that last one is like not getting to open the package under the tree.

Regular doppelganger, eh?

In fiction and folklore, a doppelgänger (German for look-alike, literally a "double goer") (pronounced [ˈdɔpəlˌɡɛŋɐ] ( listen)) is a paranormal double of a living person.
It also describes the sensation of having glimpsed oneself in peripheral vision, in a position where there is no chance that it could have been a reflection.
Doppelgängers often are perceived as a sinister form of bilocation and are regarded by some to be harbingers of bad luck. In some traditions, a doppelgänger seen by a person's friends or relatives portends illness or danger, while seeing one's own doppelgänger is said to be an omen of death.
Recent scientific experimentation has duplicated several doppelgänger effects when electrical stimulation was applied to the left temporoparietal junction of the brain of a patient.
In the contemporary vernacular of some English speakers, the word may be found used simplistically to identify any look-alike of a person, without regard to the supernaturality and the more fundamental doubling originally intended in the meaning of the word.

Posts: 28032 | Location: KY | Registered: 09 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
Video 1

Video 2

Video 3

Saeed, what happened to Video 4, where the cow decided how she wanted to die??

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Scott King:
Theres been videos made and pictures taken of me in the past that were not flattering. I certainly didn't post them on the internet.

Shootaway you've certainly gone to great effort to make yourself look bad, I can't imagine what else you thought would happen.

One day I hope to get a life and abandon AR and other bad habits(like picking my nose).

never fear, George, a lot us hope the same thing.although you are good for a laugh on many occasions.....

One of Us
posted Hide Post
God picked your face but he let you pick your nose.

quote:
One day I hope to get a life and abandon AR and other bad habits(like picking my nose).

Posts: 13978 | Location: http://www.tarawaontheweb.org/tarawa2.jpg | Registered: 03 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
GOB,I have been shooting guns all my life and can tell you no one put any muzzle near anyones ear or point a muzzle at anybody.Infact Justin Drainer-one of the camera men of cms-the company I hunted with told me that of all the clients he had nobody handled a rifle safer or was more careful with the direction of the muzzle than I-and that is one of the best compliments I ever received-one echoed to me by my father(who is not famous for his praises).

Posts: 13978 | Location: http://www.tarawaontheweb.org/tarawa2.jpg | Registered: 03 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Shootaway

You were saying ........... Big Grin

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
hard to ignore when Blake throws his right hand up by his head( and the camera DEFINITELY SHOWS HIS SHOULDER IS IN FRONT OF THE MORON'S SHOULDER).....

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ackley Improved User:
The internet has spawned an new evil - INTERNET BULLIES. Those with a strong positive self image can survive their attack dog antics, but some - especially young folks, teenagers, etc. - can be traumatizied to the point of suicide. A tragedy.

I'm not sure anything much can be done about it on AR, the moderator is very liberal with this sort of thing. It is his call, his forum. Yet, we can advocate civility.

Advocating civility between members is the only thing we ask.

But, if we take this thread as an example, there so many angles in this thread one needs to talk about, taking into consideration one's own views.

Sadly, shootaway has rubbed a lot of people the wrong way, and they took their opportunity to get back at him.

If one watches all the videos, and see what the buffalo are doing and hear what is going on between the hunter and his PH. It is very obvious that this has taken quite a bit of very intensive hunting, which in turn would make both client and his PH a bit edgy.

Especially the client.

But, having chosen to use an open sighted rifle, he has already handicapped himself.

And the results, as the saying goes, is history.

Also, shooting a cow in Zimbabwe might not cause too much hassle.

It might require quite an involvement from the PH if it had happened in Tanzania.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68702 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
Video 1

Video 2

Video 3

Saeed, what happened to Video 4, where the cow decided how she wanted to die??

I don't have that video.

I only downloaded the first three, which were posted together, to look at them.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68702 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
that's too bad.t was a nice video of George finishing off the beast, with Blake saying "come on,George, kill your cow - or words to that effect..very exciting finale to a total cock up. makes me jealous just thinking about it rotflmo and the finisher being an apparent Texas heart shot was a real capper.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
You mean a Texas heart shot like in the posted photo by SR4759 above ? Big Grin

(Sorry George, just had to lighten this up
with a bit of banter !)

One of Us
posted Hide Post
suicide? Really? You think shootaway would really take himself out of the gene pool over this? It's a thought, but a silly one to be certain...

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
George,

GEorge

rotflmo Hehehehe.... "the cunning George, don't believe a word he says ..... a womanizer after 11:00pm" .....

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Shootaway....for someone who has been shooting and handling guns for as many years as you claim, it seems it should not take you more than one try to get the safety off of your rifle...just saying..

Posts: 121 | Location: on the road | Registered: 01 October 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
Everyone here seems focused on the fact that George shot the wrong buffalo! That is no sin that hasn’t been duplicated by many hunters, my self included (not on a buffalo but on a mule deer)! Hunt herd animals long enough and you will likely make that mistake!

I think what everyone should be focused on is that it is evident that Shootaway simply does not pay any attention to instruction from the PH. With things like “WAIT!” “WAIT!” “WAIT!” from the PH followed by BOOM from Shootaway’s rifle, and then from the PH “WHAT ARE YOU DOING GEORGE?”. Then the sweeping of the PH, on several occasions, during the stalk, as shown in his film. Plus Shootaway’s past history here of placing blame for his poor performance on anyone but himself!

IMO, This guy is a accidental shooting of someone waiting to happen. I wouldn’t want to be anyplace within rifle range of this guy! IMO, the PH is lucky it was a cow and not his own butt shot by Shootaway!

If this is an unjustified opinion on this thread then I’m wrong, but that is my take on the whole thread!
....................... coffee

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jeez Mac, give it a break. That has been said time and time again.

The only easy day is yesterday!

Posts: 2758 | Location: Northern Minnesota | Registered: 22 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
GOB,I have been shooting guns all my life and can tell you no one put any muzzle near anyones ear or point a muzzle at anybody.

There's a picture there of you pointing your rifle at the back of the PH.
Would you like to retract your statement that it never happened?

Sand Creek November 29 1864

Posts: 1511 | Location: cul va | Registered: 25 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bill73
posted Hide Post
Shootaway has succeeded in his masterplan,he has shootamatized you all beer with a snap of his fingers he can make the chimps dance in the cage cuckoo jumping

DRSS

Posts: 2279 | Location: MI | Registered: 20 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BNagel
posted Hide Post
Priceless

Posts: 4882 | Location: Bryan, Texas | Registered: 12 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pegleg:
Jeez Mac, give it a break. That has been said time and time again.

.............and he has denied it every time it is brought forward, and many had not seen the film, or the single picture posted above. Peg I have exactly 4 post on this 5 page thread! But I'll give it a break if my posts bother you sir!
....................................................................... 2020

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mac- This whole thread bugs me from George's first post on down. How stupid can someone be to bring this upon themselves.
It was evident that George screwed up when viewing the video.
Everyone here loves you and respects your knowledge including myself. We need you on threads that mean something where we can use your vast wisdom. I was not trying to chastise you in any way shape or form. I know better than that. I figure if one of our leaders moves on then a lot of his followers will let it go also. salute

The only easy day is yesterday!

Posts: 2758 | Location: Northern Minnesota | Registered: 22 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scriptus
posted Hide Post
Correct me if I am wrong, but is that rifle not a Mauser with a flag safety, which is in the 9'o clock position, i.e. fire, during the stalk sequences.

Posts: 3297 | Location: South of the Equator. | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
pegleg

This thread will die when shootaway stops making ridiculous statements - one example being good gun safety, not pointing the muzzle at the PH which everyone can see is not true and someone posts a photo of one such instance out of the video which then sets of the whole thread again.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just hope he never reproduces............

Posts: 42343 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Do you all think that George does this on purpose for his own amusement?

Posts: 12095 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No, I don't.

(and don't ask how I know but I am sure others
on here will chime in with a No !!!).

one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:
Do you all think that George does this on purpose for his own amusement?

No, he does not.

For years I though that he was trolling us. After all what other explanation could there be, that he truly is this stupid?

Now I realize that he is "on the spectrum" or suffering from some such malady.

How else can you explain someone who is fairly successful in life but is so completely socially inept?

George does not see reality in the same way that most of us do(if that isn't clear to any of you then I will recommend that you take a long look at his history here). It is really time that we all accepted that and gave him a break.

"There but for the grace of God go I."

Jason

"You're not hard-core, unless you live hard-core."

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 6838 | Location: Nome, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote