THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    my accidental cow video-the jealousy thread
Page 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 13

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

my accidental cow video-the jealousy thread
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:
Do you all think that George does this on purpose for his own amusement?

NO. he is too stupid to plan this. besides, why would he spend money on a camera man to document his stupidity if all he wanted to do was jerk peoples chains? Jason is right. he has a decidedly altered sense of reality and assumes his reality is REAL! the diagnosis of narcissism come to mind.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13392 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Say what you will, but to my mind, that still photo does not constitute proof that our not-so-humble provocateur pointed his rifle at his PH's back.

Videography commonly creates compressed and distorted depth of field.

No way of knowing from that image how close the two were or how the true angle of the muzzle was compressed.

But having said that, I must ask - shootaway, why don't you simply try being honest, both with us, and yourself?

It's really the easiest thing, or should be. Reality can't be altered, no matter how hard you try.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13619 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
if you watch all 3 videos closely, you will see him sweep the PH several times. altered reality indeed!

one of us
Picture of prof242
posted Hide Post
I am so glad I have retired from providing therapy and never worked "up north."

.395 Family Member
DRSS, po' boy member
Political correctness is nothing but liberal enforced censorship

Posts: 3490 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: 04 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Shootaway isn't doing too bad in the response section: 6 pages and counting against Mark Sullivan's first Lion Picture thread (5) Big Grin

Cut him some slack guys - fault him for jumping the gun and the preference of choice for open sights, but the rest is knit-picking and very similar to the way a Russel nips at the ankles.

Just how many of the critics have never "swept" the PH or another with their barrels?...inadvertently of course ... truthfully now?

As far as the PH goes: young but inexperienced; does have a promising outlook but still an appy with only one year's experience to his credit as a fully licensed PH - the road ahead is long and rough and the Shootaway incident is but one of quite a few to come - wait until he gets a few trigger-happy Spanish and Russian clients under his wing Big Grin

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fujotupu:
Shootaway isn't doing too bad in the response section: 6 pages and counting against Mark Sullivan's first Lion Picture thread (5) Big Grin

Cut him some slack guys - fault him for jumping the gun and the preference of choice for open sights, but the rest is knit-picking and very similar to the way a Russel nips at the ankles.

Just how many of the critics have never "swept" the PH or another with their barrels?...inadvertently of course ... truthfully now?

As far as the PH goes: young but inexperienced; does have a promising outlook but still an appy with only one year's experience to his credit as a fully licensed PH - the road ahead is long and rough and the Shootaway incident is but one of quite a few to come - wait until he gets a few trigger-happy Spanish and Russian clients under his wing Big Grin

Reality will come crashing in then!

I still believe this accident would not have happened had he been using a scope sofa

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68649 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
quote:

Reality will come crashing in then!

I still believe this accident would not have happened had he been using a scope sofa

Blake has had his share of Russian and Spanish clients already so I wouldn't be to worried about "reality crashing in then". He's had quite a bit of experience for the time he's been licensed to date and I certainly wouldn't consider him "still an appy with a full license". In fact, I think that's really a cheap shot taken at a good guy fujo doesn't even know. The manner in which he successfully managed the small amount of remaining quota spread over several clients that were in and out of the CMS camps, over 15 days on my lion hunt last year, in absolute insane heat, where baits were lasting a maximum of 4 days, was certainly not indicative of an inexperienced "Appy"! At least he doesn't have to have a client educate him on the physical characteristics of the very lion population he claims to hunt professionally (tufts on the elbows). Wink

And no, the scope issue isn't the problem as Blake has had quite a few open sight hunters (such as myself) as well as the fact that he has to some extent been placing a lot of emphasis on taking archery hunters on DG pursuits. Check the CMS website for some of the clients he's had under his wing so far. He's been very busy to date.

No, this is about George acting like he knows more than the pros, not following instructions, screwing up as a result, and then attempting to blame others for his lack of competency, mental or as a hunter! Again, there really is only one reason I jumped in on this thread as I've learned, albeit slowly, that George's insanity is inconsequential and best handled by ignoring him. But for those who haven't followed his antics, and just read AR infrequently, it would be easy to get the wrong idea here concerning his PH on this safari. Jines and I know Blake pretty well and he really is top notch. I just want to offer a counter point to George's bullshit so that those who are uninformed about his lack of knowledge and respect for others didn't reflect poorly on Blake.

I said it before and IMO it's worth stating again, that of all the PHs I've hunted with to date, I rank Blake Wilhelmi as No. 1 in terms of ability, enjoyability to be afield with, and professionalism. It would be unfair to allow George to tarnish the reputation Blake is diligently working to build as a new PH. Any of you guys who have the good fortune to hunt with with him at CMS in the future will quickly recognize his dedication to the concept of conservation through hunting as both a PH and holder of a degree in wildlife management, making his interest in the outdoors and profession much more than simply running a number of clients through the motions of collecting trophies to check off of a "list".

If you go back and search George's hunt report and his earlier videos from this safari, you'll see that Blake guided him to a great daylight leopard. And from the responses here on AR after the video posting, every responder, to a man, gave high marks to Blake for the way he handled the follow up. George never offered a single word of encouragement or appreciation but rather attempted to find fault where there was none by complaining about the blind material. Typical of him.

I know for a fact that shootaway doesn't pull these stunts just to get a reaction from us. But even if he did, it should stop being acceptable once it begins to impact negatively on the work a good guy is doing in order to make a reputation and a living.

BTW, that is Blake sitting next to me in the picture of the lion in my signature line. I'll hunt with him any day!

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
clap tu2 shootaway is a narcissistic idiot. Blake is not. the Montreal Moron can try very hard to lay the blame for this at someone else's doorstep. good luck, monsieur.... ain't gonna happen. per Forrest Gumph: stupid is as stupid does>>>>>>>

one of us
posted Hide Post
koolaid Todd,Blake is a good PH, I did not say he was not-and he is also a very good shot.
It is true that he got me a nice leopard on the first day.It is also true that Myles told him where to put the baits the days before my hunt started.Since I shot my leopard stone dead you would think I would think the blind was good.It was not put together as sturdy as Richard did.I even showed you how it was not in the pictures of the set up.Also,I dont feel that Blake can approach game as skillfully and invisibly as Richard can.I think he is not as patient and charges in the open often and we are spotted.
Another thing that Richard does is look back at the hunter following from time to time to see if all is fine and to check the position of the safety.If your safety is not on,Richard will spot it.

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Todd:

quote:
Blake has had his share of Russian and Spanish clients already so I wouldn't be to worried about "reality crashing in then". He's had quite a bit of experience for the time he's been licensed to date and I certainly wouldn't consider him "still an appy with a full license". In fact, I think that's really a cheap shot taken at a good guy fujo doesn't even know.

You ought to realize that during the 3 years of apprenticeship a PH is not out in the field with clients until the 3rd when he is being put through his paces with a client on DG.

He has therefore been guiding 1 year without a "veteran" PH watching over him and you can say what you like but Blake (and I repeat: who has the makings of turning into a good PH) does not have the experience of others who have been in the business for longer periods.

During the 1 year of his career as a fully licensed PH, just how many clients could he have possibly absorbed on DG hunts for him to have gained the experience you claim?

I suppose you could therefore put him on par with with the likes of Buzz, Shakari, Alan or Roy Vincent, just to name a few?

I have nothing against Blake whatsoever; I and all the others started in the very same way; we all went through the learning process, learning also from our own fuck ups as we went along!

You don't get your first PH license and gain the title of being "infallible"!

Cheers Wink

one of us
posted Hide Post
I remember one of the only two times that I was involved in a small car accident.I borrowed my fathers brand new Toyota Supra and had a passenger friend who was giving directions.The pavement was wet and as we were descending an overpass my friend yells ``quick turn here`` and as I gently applied the brakes to slow down, the car slid right into the lamp post divider( I am sure if I listened and turned there I would not have hit the divider).The car incident reminds me alot of this cow incindent.

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Shootaway/George

After seeing your video I agree with you. This guy Blake is a PH wannabe not a real PH. What real PH would need binoculars to identify buffalo sex, size or age? Also a real PH would build you a machan and not a blind. He has significantly diminished (if not completely destroyed) the value of your leopard by making you shoot it from a blind and not a real machan.

Blake should also be happy that you swept him with a high end "un-scoped" proper bolt action rifle. Given that he spoilt your leopard trophy by forcing you to shoot from a crappy blind instead of a proper machan he should be happy all he got was being swept and not shot by you.

I dont care what jealous people say - an accidental cow with a proper un-scoped rifle while being guided by a noisy sloppy PH like Blake is far better than any old dagga bull.

Don't let jealous people get you down. Keep up the good work and I am so sorry your leopard trophy was damaged/destroyed/tainted cause you did not get a proper machan.

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
I don't think you ever stop learning. We all have to start somewhere and experience can only be gained one way.

That said, no doubt the PH seems to be making a very good start. He was after all on the buff. They were unaware of any danger, he was trying to select a good bull and he was communicating with the client so in this particular case, I don't think the PH or lack of scope etc are to blame for the stuff up at all.

The PH was quite clearly telling the client to wait and the client didn't wait. Instead, he put the safety off, squeezed the trigger and shot an animal he shouldn't even have even had his sights on. Therefore the blame must lie entirely with him.

Clients, especially inexperienced clients do sometimes get over excited and stuff ups do happen but it cannot be denied this particular stuff up was of immense proportions but I don't see how the PH can be blamed in this instance.

As for things like blind construction. Every PH has his own way of doing things and it's more a case of preferences than it is of good, bad or better. A blind is there to disguise the presence of hunters so the quarry doesn't see them and one can only use the sites & materials that are to hand. It's not meant to be a defensive fort...... and it can't have been too bad in achieving that object because the client shot his leopard without any problems and that means the blind served it's purpose.

Shit happens so learn the lesson and get used to it.......or rather more poetically:

The moving finger writes, and having writ,
Moves on, nor all thy piety nor wit,
Shall lure it back to cancel half a line,
Nor all thy tears wash out a word of it.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RIP:
Watching shootaway-George in these videos,
my overwhelming impression was of watching Billy Bob Thornton play "Bad Santa on Safari."
It was eerie!
Plumb weird!

BTW, what happened to the 4th Video?

Saeed only posted the first three ,,, Not watching that last one is like not getting to open the package under the tree.

Regular doppelganger, eh?

In fiction and folklore, a doppelgänger (German for look-alike, literally a "double goer") (pronounced [ˈdɔpəlˌɡɛŋɐ] ( listen)) is a paranormal double of a living person.
It also describes the sensation of having glimpsed oneself in peripheral vision, in a position where there is no chance that it could have been a reflection.
Doppelgängers often are perceived as a sinister form of bilocation and are regarded by some to be harbingers of bad luck. In some traditions, a doppelgänger seen by a person's friends or relatives portends illness or danger, while seeing one's own doppelgänger is said to be an omen of death.
Recent scientific experimentation has duplicated several doppelgänger effects when electrical stimulation was applied to the left temporoparietal junction of the brain of a patient.
In the contemporary vernacular of some English speakers, the word may be found used simplistically to identify any look-alike of a person, without regard to the supernaturality and the more fundamental doubling originally intended in the meaning of the word.

I know I was not in my best of shape in those vids and did not look my best but that is going too far.

one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beretta682E:
Shootaway/George

After seeing your video I agree with you. This guy Blake is a PH wannabe not a real PH. What real PH would need binoculars to identify buffalo sex, size or age? Also a real PH would build you a machan and not a blind. He has significantly diminished (if not completely destroyed) the value of your leopard by making you shoot it from a blind and not a real machan.

Blake should also be happy that you swept him with a high end "un-scoped" proper bolt action rifle. Given that he spoilt your leopard trophy by forcing you to shoot from a crappy blind instead of a proper machan he should be happy all he got was being swept and not shot by you.

I dont care what jealous people say - an accidental cow with a proper un-scoped rifle while being guided by a noisy sloppy PH like Blake is far better than any old dagga bull.

Don't let jealous people get you down. Keep up the good work and I am so sorry your leopard trophy was damaged/destroyed/tainted cause you did not get a proper machan.

...................................................................... jumping lol cuckoo

If the above is not a facetious post, then may I ask, where have you ever seen a leopard shot from an Machan in Africa? Are you sure you are not Shootaway posing as Beretta682E? Big Grin

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Managed to download that. Blake gave very clear instructions and you cannot fault him here.

In such situations I put my client to my immediate left where I can watch him and his rifle. Obviously if he is left handed I put him on my right. Or put him in front.

Looked like a misunderstanding on the clients part and gotta take the rough with the smooth folks.

Where were the sticks?

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9948 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Todd:

quote:
Blake has had his share of Russian and Spanish clients already so I wouldn't be to worried about "reality crashing in then". He's had quite a bit of experience for the time he's been licensed to date and I certainly wouldn't consider him "still an appy with a full license". In fact, I think that's really a cheap shot taken at a good guy fujo doesn't even know.

You ought to realize that during the 3 years of apprenticeship a PH is not out in the field with clients until the 3rd when he is being put through his paces with a client on DG.

He has therefore been guiding 1 year without a "veteran" PH watching over him and you can say what you like but Blake (and I repeat: who has the makings of turning into a good PH) does not have the experience of others who have been in the business for longer periods.

During the 1 year of his career as a fully licensed PH, just how many clients could he have possibly absorbed on DG hunts for him to have gained the experience you claim?

I suppose you could therefore put him on par with with the likes of Buzz, Shakari, Alan or Roy Vincent, just to name a few?

I have nothing against Blake whatsoever; I and all the others started in the very same way; we all went through the learning process, learning also from our own fuck ups as we went along!

You don't get your first PH license and gain the title of being "infallible"!

Cheers Wink

Interesting that you would say that fujo. For a supposedly experienced TZ PH, you sure seem to say some things that indicate otherwise. Here you go:

Blake in the field with my DG hunting party as an Appy, the first year I hunted with CMS:

Blake in the field with my DG hunting party as an Appy, the second year I hunted with CMS:

Clearly accompanying a client's DG hunting party into the field as an Appie for 2 years instead of the 1 you state "I ought to realize". As to the prior year, I cannot speak as I didn't start hunting with CMS until the first year depicted.

I hunted the following year with him as a full PH and I'll be hunting again with Blake in December, so at this point, he has 2 years as a fully licensed PH, which is by all accounts very early in his career. But to your statement of "wait until he has handled a few Russian and Spanish clients" and Saeed's comment that "then reality will come crashing down", I'm simply pointing out that he HAS handled clients from those locales already. My point being that he's stayed busy building experience quickly. For example, a guy licensed for one year who handled 20 clients in that year will have 4 times the experience of the first year PH who's handled 5 clients. I would imagine being employed full time with a premier outfitter as opposed to being freelance has much to do with that. You can check out the CMS website for yourself and read the client names. It's relatively easy to pick out the guys from those locales. You can also see the elephants he has guided clients to using archery gear, to my earlier point of working with a number of clients who don't use the traditional scope sighted bolt guns, which I do believe is a minor point to this discussion. Don't take my word for it, look for yourself.

To one of my earlier points about his commitment to conservation through hunting, here are a couple of pics I think are worth showing. The first is of Blake gearing up to go with the rangers to catch poachers we had heard firing shots just over the hill behind us. As a paying client, I felt it was important enough to call a halt to hunting for a few hours in order to make an effort to bring the poachers in. Left unchecked, they will ruin future hunting as you well know. Paying it forward so to speak. The second pic is of Blake with a little bull elephant we found that had been orphaned by poachers. Again, we called off hunting long enough to make an attempt to capture it and get it to a sanctuary. Unfortunately, it died of stress later in the day, but we tried to do the right thing.

Straying from the subject a bit, for me, a safari is about much more than simply wacking a few animals. It's learning about the non-game animals as well to some extent, such as native birds and the like. It's being in the remote and wild places and the contrast to everyday life that brings into focus. And I really enjoy participating in the process of how safaris help the local communities by providing meat and employment to the villages, as well as all the other things that encourage conservation and help preserve the wild areas. From the time I've spent with him, Blake shares those considerations for the overall safari experience and as a result, is a good fit for me as a PH. That's why I rate him at the top of the heap. Evidently, he and George are not a good fit. George should simply choose to hunt with a different PH, instead of attempting to cast unwarranted disparagement, unless there were blatant and intentional misrepresentations and / or failings.

The entire point still seems to be escaping you fujo. It isn't about this young PH being perfect. No one is, regardless of experience level. It's about him being a very good young man of character who is working at building his reputation in the profession and doing what appears to be the right things in the right way, gaining experience along the way, including making his share of mistakes as anyone would, and learning from them. What he doesn't need is a wacko, batshit crazy, idiot like George gaining traction attempting to place blame on him , that doesn't exist, simply because some don't know of George's background.

We would be having a completely different conversation here if Blake had given George the all clear after thinking they were both on the same page, then shooting the wrong animal. At that point, one could question the issue of scope vs open sights, one could question the process of the PH in establishing how he and the client had chosen the trophy, etc. But that isn't what happened. George just hauled off and took a shot into the herd while the PH was still attempting to sort them out and help pick a good bull to shoot. Then when George screwed up, he attempted to blame the PH for his cock up. Sorry, but I'm going to object to that bullshit every time, regardless of who the PH is!

one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Todd

At the risk of interfering in a private debate, I can assure you that Fujo is a VERY experienced & highly respected PH in Tanzania. Smiler

One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shakari:
Todd

At the risk of interfering in a private debate, I can assure you that Fujo is a VERY experienced & highly respected PH in Tanzania. Smiler

Good to know Steve. I was beginning to think his real name is Atkinson!! rotflmo

Actually, I do know who he is and who he works for. Just surprised at some of his recent statements.

One of Us
Picture of leopards valley safaris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fairgame:
Managed to download that. Blake gave very clear instructions and you cannot fault him here.

In such situations I put my client to my immediate left where I can watch him and his rifle. Obviously if he is left handed I put him on my right. Or put him in front.

Looked like a misunderstanding on the clients part and gotta take the rough with the smooth folks.

Where were the sticks?

+1

Dave Davenport
Outfitters license HC22/2012EC
Pro Hunters license PH74/2012EC
www.leopardsvalley.co.za
dave@leopardsvalley.co.za
+27 42 24 61388
HUNT AFRICA WHILE YOU STILL CAN
Follow us on FACEBOOK https://www.facebook.com/#!/leopardsvalley.safaris

Posts: 980 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 06 December 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I went tiger fishing with Blake for two days on the Zambezi. I didn't catch any Tigers. It was all his fault. The bastard!

Kisses,

Guns

STAY IN THE FIGHT!

Posts: 1849 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 25 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
shocker shocker shocker nilly nilly nilly diggin diggin

Just my opinion, but this hole just keeps getting deeper and more and more people are finding reasons to rip into each other. thumbdown thumbdown

I just wonder how much fun shootaway is having watching this whole thing turn into a pissers pissers match among people;e that were not even there.

Really, what could the 4th. video show that the first 3 haven't??? Todd and I have no use what so ever for each other, but from the evidence he has presented, the PH in question, while maybe not at the "Walking On Water' stage in his career definitely seems to be of that caliber.

First it was a "Gang-Bang" of shootaway, and when that did not receive its desired effect, people started their anger/frustration, not sure which on each other, and meanwhile shootaway is setting back getting his jollies.

Despite or in spite of mine and Todd's attitudes toward each other, on this matter, I believe his assessment of the PH is a good one. Again, this is just one mans opinion.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Don't fall in love with your PH.

Unless you are serious about marrying him.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
Picture of tendrams
posted Hide Post
I have not watched these videos and probably won't...but that does not mean I don't have empathy for mix-ups in the field. We may, by virtue of the attitude or personality of the participants find these mix-ups more or less tolerable at times, but we ALL need to understand that we are ALL susceptible.

A few years ago when Keith Atcheson accidentally shot a Grizzly in Montana, I was critical...very critical. Come to find out, on his hunt there were two bears in the same thicket (tough to imagine, right?) and, as I understand it, Keith could not imagine a black bear entering it and a Griz coming out. BANG! Understandable mix-up, but Keith took some heat..and probably understands well why he did. I was pretty vocal in my criticisms then and full of ego. Let me tell you now that ego is pretty damn easily deflated! You just need to hunt enough to realize how easily.

Update:

Just watched the video. In spite of my comments above, that really is a pretty staggering degree of risk taking to pop off a shot with open sights when the PH clearly says, "WAIT!" and has his binos up. Anyone who finds fault anywhere but in the shooter is smoking crack.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

How does this work for you, "Guide/PH, Not God". They are professionals and normally do the best job they can, but, mistakes do happen. The other side of that coin however, if a person is hiring a guide/PH for a job, for God's sake listen to them and let them do their job. We, as clients can and do make or break the future of the folks that have decided they want to be a PH or a guide.

Maybe as individuals we do have more experience than the person we have hired, but why the hell did we hire them in the first place?

Admittedly, I have absolutely 0 experience in Africa, but on the guided hunts I have done here in NA, I listen to the person I have hired, and while I have no where near the experience of most folks commenting on this topic, and never will, I have learned that if I listen to the advice I am given by the person I have hired I will have a better chance of success than if I run off on my own tangent.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Crazyhorseconsulting:
quote:

How does this work for you, "Guide/PH, Not God". They are professionals and normally do the best job they can, but, mistakes do happen. The other side of that coin however, if a person is hiring a guide/PH for a job, for God's sake listen to them and let them do their job. We, as clients can and do make or break the future of the folks that have decided they want to be a PH or a guide.

Maybe as individuals we do have more experience than the person we have hired, but why the hell did we hire them in the first place?

Admittedly, I have absolutely 0 experience in Africa, but on the guided hunts I have done here in NA, I listen to the person I have hired, and while I have no where near the experience of most folks commenting on this topic, and never will, I have learned that if I listen to the advice I am given by the person I have hired I will have a better chance of success than if I run off on my own tangent.

If I ever get over to the states we should have a chat over a bottle of Rye.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

one of us
posted Hide Post
Seriously though I enjoyed hunting with Blake both times.Blake always wants things his way and he cant take criticism that much.He has alot of youthfull energy and things get done when he is around.He takes great pleasure in his work.I do get along with Blake-not easily but we do get along.We both share a passion for rifles and shooting.Richard does not talk alot but he is an extremely interesting person to talk to.I can tell he is really into finding a nice trophy. The camp manager Jappy told me that if you climb a high mountain some place or some inaccessible spot there will be only one footprint there and that will belong to Richard Tabor.With Blake you can follow a Dagga boy for days and not get him and he will say that is hunting.With Richard he will say (once the buff is spooked),he will walk in the wind forever and we will never catch him-we will find a better one-and you would.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
If I ever get over to the states we should have a chat over a bottle of Rye.

I would be honored to do so, I am a nobody with just experience here in the states and Canada.

But I feel that if anyone is going to employ the services of a guide/PH/Outfitter to do a hunt, for God's sake listen to what they tell you.

They would not be in the business, and would not stay in the business very long if they did not know what the hell they were doing.

The membership of this site, has in many cases, vast experience dealing with the various Outfitters/Guides/PH's around the world, they know who is good and who isn't.

A Guide/PH/Outfitter can only do so much, and if the person hiring them is unwilling or incapable of listening to what the professional has to say, that is no ones fault but their own. Just my opinion.

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shootaway:
Seriously though I enjoyed hunting with Blake both times.Blake always wants things his way and he cant take criticism that much.He has alot of youthfull energy and things get done when he is around.He takes great pleasure in his work.I do get along with Blake-not easily but we do get along.We both share a passion for rifles and shooting.Richard does not talk alot but he is an extremely interesting person to talk to.I can tell he is really into finding a nice trophy. The camp manager Jappy told me that if you climb a high mountain some place or some inaccessible spot there will be only one footprint there and that will belong to Richard Tabor.With Blake you can follow a Dagga boy for days and not get him and he will say that is hunting.With Richard he will say (once the buff is spooked),he will walk in the wind forever and we will never catch him-we will find a better one-and you would.

and i'll bet Blake seriously enjoyed hunting with you.that was sure evident on video #4

One of Us
Picture of samir
posted Hide Post
I'm starting to think Shootanyways is just trying to get to page 10. Whistling

DRSS
Searcy 470 NE

Posts: 1436 | Location: San Diego | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
One step closer to page 10.

Oh,out of interest, was the shot to the cow well placed?

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
well, since it was still standing there with its ass point at shitaway when they walked up, it must not have been too well placed. of course, that was seen on video 4 which seems to have disappeared- along with Blakes comment about "go ahead, George, and finish your cow"or words to that affect.....

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:
well, since it was still standing there with its ass point at shitaway when they walked up, it must not have been too well placed. of course, that was seen on video 4 which seems to have disappeared- along with Blakes comment about "go ahead, George, and finish your cow"or words to that affect.....
The buff was standing facing me and I gave him a solid between the eyes that was later recovered from its stomach.He was not standing with his ass towards me.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
The buff was standing facing me and I gave him a solid between the eyes that was later recovered from its stomach.He was not standing with his ass towards me.

No George, he was speaking about the cow--there was no him or he or his involved.
holycow

shame

"The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our adversaries are insane." Mark Twain
TANSTAAFL

www.savannagems.com A unique way to own a piece of Africa.

DSC Life
NRA Life

Posts: 3386 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 05 September 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
quote:
The buff was standing facing me and I gave him her a solid between the eyes that was later recovered from its stomach. He She was not standing with his ass towards me.[/QUOTE]

There. Fixed it for you.

quote:

I do look in the mirror to identify the source of the problem.I look in the mirror and see that I am too good and everyone is jealous and angry!

One can build the Empire State Building, discipline the Prussian army, make a state hierarchy mightier than God, and yet fail to overcome the unaccountable superiority of certain human beings.

Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Wink

More seriously. I fail to understand how you can blame anyone but yourself.

It was you that was holding the rifle & aiming it as an inappropriate animal. You that put the safety catch off, you that squeezed the trigger when the PH was telling you to wait & you that shot a cow buffalo instead of a bull.

On a brighter side..... You're not the first & you won't be the last to get over excited & shoot the wrong animal but what's done is done so you need to stop making excuses & trying to shift the blame & just accept that shit happens.

You can always argue that taking a percentage of cows is good management policy to maintain a good balance between the sexes. Wink

one of us
posted Hide Post
I do not agree with those that say I am difficult to get along with.On the contrary, I can get along with everyone.It is for this reason I was voted hospitality chairman by my grade 5 class.Also in my 22 years in business and working with the public there has not been a single complaint against me and I have been told numerous times what a pleasure it is for people to be served by me.There have been complaints with just about everyone else though-too often,IMO.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sean Russell:
quote:
quote:

No George, he was speaking about the cow--there was no him or he or his involved.
holycow

shame

sorry I meant to say- the buff

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by samir:
I'm starting to think Shootanyways is just trying to get to page 10. Whistling

You mean like staying in the number one spot on American top 40?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
top forty tools......

Birmingham, Al

one of us
posted Hide Post
Shootaway is just your average everyday aspergers sufferer with socipathic tendencies. Who happens to like shooting and killing with a heavy rifle. No big deal...