THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    my accidental cow video-the jealousy thread
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 13

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

my accidental cow video-the jealousy thread
 Login/Join

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChrisTroskie:
quote:
Originally posted by shootaway:
quote:
quote:
The PH does not think that this may have caused confusion.He says to the hunter very softly,wait wait wait in a way that may mean take your time and aim.The hunter has an easy shot and goes ahead not seeing that it is the cow that is in its place.The PH is upset and so is the hunter.

Maybe in Montreal the word has a different meaning but in Africa the word "wait" means just that - wait I.e. don't shoot...

Mistakes happen, but to blame the PH or area in this instance is in my opinion unjustified.

There must be more queers living in Africa than in Quebec.

Yes, probably... But in California there are more...
yes like Jdollard

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 505G:
Crazy Horse

Don't disagree with you but it also works both ways.

IMHO, If you come on here and ask for help / advice, you normally get it.

The problem was, shootaway came on here to ask advice and PLENTY of people put in the time and effort to answer his questions, help him out. The problem was, he then threw it back in the posters faces saying we were wrong, etc etc and generally ignoring any advice he asked for as well as being abusive about it.

505G is correct in his above explanation! The mark of a person that can not be confused with FACTS is one who asks a question, and then argues with the answer, because his mind is made up in advance. The fact is the question is only rightly asked by a person who knows he doesn't know the answer. This isn't the case with shootaway! He seems to think he already has the answer, so why ask the question in the first place? This mindset is the reason he simply can not follow instruction, and seems to just tune the instructor out!

I seriously think Shootaway cannot help this! IMO, this is a case of ADD and/or NPD and a very heavy case to the point of making Shootaway appear to be a space cadet! I really feel sorry for the guy, because I don't think he can help it!

This thread is not a case of a mistaken targeting the wrong animal, anyone can make that mistake. However this is a case of total disregard to the instruction of the PH!

I don't think this is a Kangaroo court at all, but a simple statement of facts shown on the film clips, and the words posted by Shootaway in response to the situation!
.................................................................................. wave BYE

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
As far as the negative comments,let me explain to visitors here or new guys that these posters have been shitting on every breath I take for years.There contribution on this thread has nothing to do with the topic-they just like to crap on people they are jelous of.

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
As far as the negative comments,let me explain to visitors here or new guys that these posters have been shitting on every breath I take for years.There contribution on this thread has nothing to do with the topic-they just like to crap on people they are jelous of.

Shootaway, when you can't get along with anyone, the place to look for the reason is in the mirror!

.................................................................... tu2

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of PSmith
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
quote:
Originally posted by PSmith:
Damn, I wish I could view these videos.

I have downloaded 1,2 and 3 but I do not have number 4.

If shootaway agrees, I will be happy to put them up for download.

Saeed, thank you very much. A friend of mine sent me the video clips. Very instructive.

Paul Smith
SCI Life Member
NRA Life Member
DSC Member
Life Member of the "I Can't Wait to Get Back to Africa" Club
DRSS
I had the privilege to fire E. Hemingway's WR .577NE, E. Keith's WR .470NE, & F. Jamieson's WJJ .500 Jeffery
I strongly recommend avoidance of "The Zambezi Safari & Travel Co., Ltd." and "Pisces Sportfishing-Cabo San Lucas"

"A failed policy of national defense is its own punishment" Otto von Bismarck

Posts: 2545 | Location: The 'Ham | Registered: 25 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Another jewel in another already classic thread.

quote:

Posts: 13978 | Location: http://www.tarawaontheweb.org/tarawa2.jpg | Registered: 03 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LittleJoe
posted Hide Post
I would have liked to have seen the videos. To bad they are gone. Frowner

Posts: 1355 | Registered: 04 November 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
As to why I posted this video and BTW I regret posting the video but see that it may be instructional.
This was an incident that I chose not to include in my hunt report just because I did not feel like it.Knowing myself I would sometime come forward with it whenever I felt the time was right.
However,some fellow was having a bad day and decided to take the liberty and do it for me.
So just to show people what actually happened,I posted the video.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I will now delete the videos from my part.

One of Us
Picture of LittleJoe
posted Hide Post
Yes, you will get ridicule but it will also be informative to some us. I would like to see them to learn for my own sake.

I am not here to cast stones or pass judgment. I was not there and not going to case judgment on the events.

Posts: 1355 | Registered: 04 November 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LittleJoe:
Yes, you will get ridicule but it will also be informative to some us. I would like to see them to learn for my own sake.

I am not here to cast stones or pass judgment. I was not there and not going to case judgment on the events.
It is not a matter of ridicule it is just that there are other parties involved and I dont feel comfortable.It may not be that right thing.

One of Us
Picture of Carl Frederik Nagell
posted Hide Post
It has been disgusting to see how some of the members have behaved in this tread.

Although it is very easy to agree on that George at times have some strange opinions. It does not in any way legit the way some members respond to him. I am not apposing that one disagrees with him, but the fact that some as a mob is bullying him every time he post is not ok. Terms like moron, ass, shithead and so on are used. There is even a leading member that has a hate message towards George in his avatar. All this is primitive and not acceptable.
Disagree with George, but do it in a civilized tone.

Good Hunting

Carl Frederik

Posts: 490 | Location: Denmark | Registered: 04 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Carl Frederik Nagell:
It has been disgusting to see how some of the members have behaved in this tread.

Although it is very easy to agree on that George at times have some strange opinions. It does not in any way legit the way some members respond to him. I am not apposing that one disagrees with him, but the fact that some as a mob is bullying him every time he post is not ok. Terms like moron, ass, shithead and so on are used. There is even a leading member that has a hate message towards George in his avatar. All this is primitive and not acceptable.

Good Hunting

Carl Frederik

I used to feel sorry for George. However, that went away when he made some very personal insulting comments to others on this forum.

Posts: 12095 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:
quote:

Good Hunting

Carl Frederik

I used to feel sorry for George. However, that went away when he made some very personal insulting comments to others on this forum.
but when your buddies do that to me its ok and you invite them to dinner

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:
quote:

Good Hunting

Carl Frederik

I used to feel the same way. In fact I gave him the benefit of the doubt and concluded he was just twisting folk's chains. But at some point you cross a line and the behavior is just inexcusable. I really think at this point he just does not have clue that he behaves like an ass. Carl, if you want to put up with his antics and start a fan club have at it . . . my patience was exhausted a long time ago.

Mike

Posts: 21706 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Good Hunting

Carl Frederik
Thanks Carl.I will remember you being kind to me.I have my faults to in that I like to make fun of people but I dont mean any harm really.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I never liked going too far with name calling as I felt that people posting here may have their own children watching and if I had any I would not want mine to see this crap.Some people however could not care less.I do not have much respect for these people.

One of Us
Picture of ChrisTroskie
posted Hide Post
My Daddy always says...

"If you want to run with the big dogs... you can't pee like a puppy..."

Regards,

Chris Troskie
Tel. +27 82 859-0771
email. chris@ct-safaris.com
Sabrisa Ranch Ellisras RSA
www.ct-safaris.com
https://youtu.be/4usXceRdkH4

Posts: 851 | Location: Sabrisa Ranch Limpopo Province - South Africa | Registered: 03 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of michael458
posted Hide Post
rotflmo rotflmo rotflmo

I have been following the last couple of days, and what a hoot...... The "Village Idiot" carries on!

Oh make no mistake, George is not the "Village Idiot" because he shot a cow buffalo, he earned the right to be the "Village Idiot" by everything MJines, Todd, and everyone else has to say because we know George and his idiot antics!

Oh, no worries Carl, first chance he gets, he will turn on you too, regardless of how kind you try to be to him... He's an idiot, he can't help himself! Back in the day, I did everything possible to treat George with some degree of respect... Granted, not much, but some, and I even would stick up FOR GEORGE on many occasions, even when he was being stupid, as always! But a couple of years ago, hell he turned on me too. He's like one of these lap dogs, barking and yelping his head off, snapping at your heels, and just being a pain in the ass for no reason. Sooner or later the little bastard bites you, soon as your back is turned!

I may have missed something, but I did not see any comments made that George don't deserve! Normally I don't even comment or even get on a thread he is on, but this one has been funny......

animal

Again, the entire deal here is total disregard for the instructions from the PH.... Obviously the PH was taken aback by the shot... "What are you doing George?" Total surprise. Problem is, this is dangerous! PH totally unaware the client is going to shoot, anything could happen at that point.

As for shooting the wrong animal... Not a big deal, that is just a mistake, and that happens.... I have not ever done that, been fortunate, and I do pay attention, but on my last trip in July Andrew and I had more confusion than we have ever had before on a "Cow Buffalo"... This was a cow murdering, and intentional, I was testing a bullet. But there was a good cow dead broadside, middle of the herd and open... But for some reason I was focused on a cow on the far left, and we had a few moments of total confusion, I think had a calf not walked in front of the one I was focusing on, I might have put a bullet in the wrong one myself! rotflmo But we got straight and I hit the right one!

Now carry on boys...........

Michael

http://www.b-mriflesandcartridges.com/default.html

The New Word is "Non-Conventional", add "Conventional" to the Endangered Species List!
Live Outside The Box of "Conventional Wisdom"

I do Not Own Any Part of Any Bullet Company, I am not in the Employ Of Any Bullet Company. I do not represent, own stock, nor do I receive any proceeds, or monies from ANY BULLET COMPANY. I am not in the bullet business, and have no Bullets to sell to you, nor anyone else.

Posts: 8426 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: 23 June 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by michael458:
rotflmo rotflmo rotflmo

I have been following the last couple of days, and what a hoot...... The "Village Idiot" carries on!

Oh make no mistake, George is not the "Village Idiot" because he shot a cow buffalo, he earned the right to be the "Village Idiot" by everything MJines, Todd, and everyone else has to say because we know George and his idiot antics!

Oh, no worries Carl, first chance he gets, he will turn on you too, regardless of how kind you try to be to him... He's an idiot, he can't help himself! Back in the day, I did everything possible to treat George with some degree of respect... Granted, not much, but some, and I even would stick up FOR GEORGE on many occasions, even when he was being stupid, as always! But a couple of years ago, hell he turned on me too. He's like one of these lap dogs, barking and yelping his head off, snapping at your heels, and just being a pain in the ass for no reason. Sooner or later the little bastard bites you, soon as your back is turned!

I may have missed something, but I did not see any comments made that George don't deserve! Normally I don't even comment or even get on a thread he is on, but this one has been funny......

animal

Again, the entire deal here is total disregard for the instructions from the PH.... Obviously the PH was taken aback by the shot... "What are you doing George?" Total surprise. Problem is, this is dangerous! PH totally unaware the client is going to shoot, anything could happen at that point.

As for shooting the wrong animal... Not a big deal, that is just a mistake, and that happens.... I have not ever done that, been fortunate, and I do pay attention, but on my last trip in July Andrew and I had more confusion than we have ever had before on a "Cow Buffalo"... This was a cow murdering, and intentional, I was testing a bullet. But there was a good cow dead broadside, middle of the herd and open... But for some reason I was focused on a cow on the far left, and we had a few moments of total confusion, I think had a calf not walked in front of the one I was focusing on, I might have put a bullet in the wrong one myself! rotflmo But we got straight and I hit the right one!

Michael

Here is someone who is obviously not a family oriented person.A liar and a cheat and who knows what else? Someone invite him to dinner! rotflmo

One of Us
posted Hide Post
What is tthe status of the videos now?

Posts: 2857 | Location: FL | Registered: 18 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I originally thought Clonazepam was in order but I may think Lithium better suited. Landed in camp shortly after this fiasco.

Dutch

One of Us
Picture of Jack D Bold
posted Hide Post
Does SHOOTAWAY spelled backward read LLAMAPACKER?

"You only gotta do one thing well to make it in this world" - J Joplin

Posts: 1129 | Registered: 10 September 2008Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by michael458:
rotflmo rotflmo rotflmo

animal

Michael

Here is someone who is obviously not a family oriented person.A liar and a cheat and who knows what else? Someone invite him to dinner! rotflmo

Hey Michael, next time you find yourself in Phoenix, consider yourself invited to dinner.

Posts: 584 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: 13 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bill73
posted Hide Post
It is sad & unfortunate to see how shootaway brings out the worst in people who otherwise are very knowledgeable & respected on AR,IT IS A REAL SHAME thumbdown

DRSS

Posts: 2279 | Location: MI | Registered: 20 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
The PH does not think that this may have caused confusion.He says to the hunter very softly,wait wait wait in a way that may mean take your time and aim.The hunter has an easy shot and goes ahead not seeing that it is the cow that is in its place.The PH is upset and so is the hunter.

Maybe in Montreal the word has a different meaning but in Africa the word "wait" means just that - wait I.e. don't shoot...

Mistakes happen, but to blame the PH or area in this instance is in my opinion unjustified.

There must be more queers living in Africa than in Quebec.

Confused
Yes, probably... But in California there are more...
yes like Jdollard

come one, shitaway, you can do better than that. and what exactly do queers in Quebec, Africa, and California have to do with your SCREWUP????

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13408 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well Bill73, I went back and had a look at the threads where Shootaway did not take advice, did not listen to advice and had his own theory on how things worked, even though people (Wright and others) have written books on the Double rifle regulation and shooting / sighting in both Bolt and DR's.

It just confirmed in my mind why he has bought the worst out in good people on AR.

Previously 500N with many thousands of posts !

Posts: 1815 | Location: Australia | Registered: 16 January 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Steve Ahrenberg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Well Bill73, I went back and had a look at the threads where Shootaway did not take advice, did not listen to advice and had his own theory on how things worked, even though people (Wright and others) have written books on the Double rifle regulation and shooting / sighting in both Bolt and DR's.

It just confirmed in my mind why he has bought the worst out in good people on AR.

I think that Shootaway has allowed you and others to bring the worst out of yourselves. You are all in control of what you post.

I agree, George makes a tempting target. Grown men, who in any other circumstance would be gents, have turned into a bunch of schoolyard bullies. Just because there is a target rich environment, sometimes just keeping your opinion to yourself will reflect positively on you rather than the degrading way many......many of you on this thread have acted.

You all have the option to simply put George on ignore if he bothers you so much.

I have acted like an out of control douche on this forum in the past, I learned.

Many of the posters on this thread were the first to call me out and rightfully so.

Perhaps some compassion and the ignore button would be an appropriate behavior.

"There but by the grace of God go I"

Steve

Formerly "Nganga"

Posts: 3549 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 26 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You are a very wise man. Hopefully we shall meet one day!

There is a major lesson in what you have said.

Respectfully,

GOB

Photobucket

Posts: 410 | Location: Benton, Pennsylvania USA | Registered: 16 December 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It is sadly the mob mentality. Pick on someone until they are down and keep on kicking. Not a very nice trait among people these days.

Photobucket

Posts: 410 | Location: Benton, Pennsylvania USA | Registered: 16 December 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Is that so ?

I am afraid I don't run with the mob,
quite happy to stand on my own two feet
and discuss and argue the pros and cons
of a posters post.

Frequently have disagreed with various on here,
including Michael458 even when "the mob" as you
call them disagree with me. We still get on fine.

Ignore lists ? The day I need an ignore list
and can't verbally hold my own on a forum is
the day I stop posting.

Previously 500N with many thousands of posts !

Posts: 1815 | Location: Australia | Registered: 16 January 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Is that so ?

I am afraid I don't run with the mob,
quite happy to stand on my own two feet
and discuss and argue the pros and cons
of a posters post.

Frequently have disagreed with various on here,
including Michael458 even when "the mob" as you
call them disagree with me. We still get on fine.

Ignore lists ? The day I need an ignore list
and can't verbally hold my own on a forum is
the day I stop posting.

I also can disagree without being disagreeable.

This proceeded beyond a simple disagreement long ago. It has moved on to recreation.

But by all means carry on.

Formerly "Nganga"

Posts: 3549 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 26 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I used to have a lot of sympathy for George. Frankly, some of the things said to/about him were very uncomfortable to me. I have seen him open up with very personal, hurtful attacks on others. I ceased feeling sorry for him.

Regardless, I have decided to not participate in his internet lynching.

I agree, it has gotten a bit too carried away.

Posts: 12095 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
I think what some have lost sight of is that the impetus for this entire debacle was George trying to create the implication that the PH was at fault and some how caused him to accidentally shoot the cow. That is utter nonsense. And I hardly consider calling someone out as a liar -- and yes, an ass, for not manning up to his own mistake and trying to blame a young and otherwise very talented PH for his/George's mistake -- as being hateful or recreational. It is simply pointing out the truth. Sometimes the truth hurts, particularly when it fits.

Mike

Posts: 21706 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Is anyone else expecting the next post to be from Doug Chester esq.?

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12698 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MJines:
I think what some have lost sight of is that the impetus for this entire debacle was George trying to create the implication that the PH was at fault and some how caused him to accidentally shoot the cow. That is utter nonsense. And I hardly consider calling someone out as a liar -- and yes, an ass, for not manning up to his own mistake and trying to blame a young and otherwise very talented PH for his/George's mistake -- as being hateful or recreational. It is simply pointing out the truth. Sometimes the truth hurts, particularly when it fits.

Exactly!

Steve (Nganga), you and I have been involved with another forum as moderators and have exchanged many PMs and emails. I think we are of the same opinion more often than not. I have to respectfully disagree with you on this one however. I certainly understand where you're coming from but I think you may be missing the point here. For my part, this has less to do with giving George a break for being mentally challenged (which he is) and more about standing up for a good man and his young / developing reputation (Blake) against false complaints.

Firstly, let me say I originally gave Shootaway the benefit of the doubt as well. I even called a few guys out early on for what seemed uncalled for statements against him, much in the same way some have done in this thread. It wasn't long before, as Michael458 mentioned, he turned on me and bit me like he has done with so many others. But even that is not the reason I got involved in this thread. In fact, for the most part, I've learned to just ignore the guy figuring he isn't worth the hassle, and he isn't!

But very specifically, the ONLY reason I jumped into this one is that post he made, once again attempting to disparage Blake Wilhelmi, the PH in the videos. Blake is my friend and I've hunted with him several times. A finer young man you'll never meet and he really is a very good PH. Blake is a member here but does not post. He reads AR frequently however. When George, who has such a distorted sense of reality, a complete lack of respect for his fellow man, is rude and insulting beyond comprehension, and a "know it all" to boot, begins to disparage and blame Blake for the entire series of cockups which were solely George's fault, I'm going to step up and offer a counterpoint for consideration.

That George gets trampled on in the process is simply a matter of him reaping what he has sown. Again, were this an isolated instance, the vigor with which the point is being made would be much less aggressive. But, and this is key, this has been going on with George ever since he returned from this hunt and posted his report on AR. He has repeatedly insinuated Blake to be at fault for numerous events, when he is solely responsible for his own actions.

By the way, Blake put George onto a very fine leopard, which he killed outright with a single shot, dropping him under the tree. George's response? A list of complaints concerning the blind Blake used in the hunt. The very same blind that Rich Tabor previously owned, taking countless leopard and lion for his clients, the same blind I used to take my leopard, etc. There is no problem with that piece of equipment and George was successful in taking arguably the most elusive big game animal in Africa using it as well, and instead of giving Blake credit and appreciation for a successful hunt, he finds yet another thing to complain about. As Mike said, some of us who know George and Blake are sick of George taking cheap shots that are uncalled for and completely untrue about Blake.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi Todd,

Thanks for the usual, articulate, well thought out and reasoned response. I have not been around here enough to see the history or as Mike says, George's "body of work." Perhaps my disdain for the schoolyard tactics is misplaced. I just think some of the expletives used to describe George are downright mean.

As far as Blake goes, he probably couldn't care less what George has to say about him. I've seen his work as I'm sure most here have.

I'll not comment any further.

Nice to hear from you Todd, we need to have that beer you're buying me.

Regards,

Steve

Formerly "Nganga"

One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nganga:
Hi Todd,

we need to have that beer you're buying me.

Regards,

Steve

Anytime my friend. beer

One of Us
Picture of Mike Brooks
posted Hide Post
Steve, you'd really need to have followed the history and the comments that the 'Canadian' has made in the past here.
This is just another step for him.
Mike

NRA Life
ASSRA Life
DRSS

Today's Quote:
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a free cell phone with free monthly minutes, food stamps, section 8 housing, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.

Posts: 4096 | Location: Cherkasy Ukraine  | Registered: 19 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
quote:
Steve, you'd really need to have followed the history and the comments that the 'Canadian' has made in the past here. This is just another step for him.

Not meaning to offend, but Steve has/does keep up with a lot of what goes on here. He may not make very many posts, but when he does they are worth listening too/reading.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote