THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Hunt Report Of Our Safari In The Selous With Alan Vincent 2013
Page 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 11

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hunt Report Of Our Safari In The Selous With Alan Vincent 2013
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the great report so far and the FABULOUS photos! Those Selous eland are just beyond belief! What an impressive animal!!!

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

Rhyme of the Sheep Hunter
May fordings never be too deep, And alders not too thick; May rock slides never be too steep And ridges not too slick.
And may your bullets shoot as swell As Fred Bear's arrow's flew; And may your nose work just as well As Jack O'Connor's too.
May winds be never at your tail When stalking down the steep; May bears be never on your trail When packing out your sheep.
May the hundred pounds upon you Not make you break or trip; And may the plane in which you flew Await you at the strip.
-Seth Peterson

Posts: 4551 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 21 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What a beautiful Hippolion !

Posts: 190 | Location: Near the arctic circle, Norway | Registered: 14 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
it is indeed a grand gift you send to everyone here with the pictures and narration.
that has to be the best eland bull i have ever seen, and walter in the dress, well ??????????????

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Hey, we'll take Walter here in Las Vegas! rotflmo Might increase the attendance of the SCI Annual Convention! LOL! dancing

one of us
Picture of Blacktailer
posted Hide Post
Photos are absolutely stunning this year. Can't wait for the movie.
Great eland, some nice hogs and Walter is being Walter.

Have gun- Will travel
The value of a trophy is computed directly in terms of personal investment in its acquisition. Robert Ruark

Posts: 3829 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Way to go, Don! tu2

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13483 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I would like to add my thanks for the wonderful photos, they are amazing, the first thing I do after work is visit this post to enjoy your safari.

Posts: 24 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 10 June 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
I have been a keen bird watcher since I was about 6 years old (a result of pictures that came in chewing gum packs in the mid 1960s!)

Who ever took the photos of the francoline & the bustard / florican is a genius!

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11020 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
FANTASTIC! the pictures have inspired me to take more general interest pics when i go in 10 days and maybe fewer "hero" shots. plus the various trophy shots at weird angles are something to behold!! i would like to be first inline to receive the video next year jumping

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13249 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Some reason not any of this last batch of pictures came thru. and about the last 25-30 on the set before that didn't either.
They're all just red x'd.

Is that on my end? Sounds like others are seeing them.
Any suggestions on how I could?
Thanks much,
George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5962 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well done Bakes, Walter and Saeed. Looks like the best "trophy" from this trip will be the fun had by all......

Cheers,
Mark.

Posts: 557 | Location: Victoria, Australia | Registered: 13 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Saeed as always Thank you for the photos. the greatest pleasure i have in life right now is waking up every day in africa Big Grin Big Grin

Posts: 3818 | Location: kenya, tanzania,RSA,Uganda or Ethophia depending on day of the week | Registered: 27 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Saeed:
Your Report, your hunt and your photos are relay great.
Best wishes.
F.

One of Us
Picture of Pulicords
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Use Enough Gun:
Wow, the Mamba pics are outstanding, but chilling! tu2

+1000!!! Eeker

Any idea how far away the photographer was?

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Tanzania 2012: http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/8331015971
Saskatoon, Canada 2013: http://forums.accuratereloadin...4121043/m/7171030391
Las Pampas, Argentina 2014: http://forums.accuratereloadin...4107165/m/1991059791

Posts: 260 | Location: Scottsdale, AZ | Registered: 19 April 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of RobinOLocksley
posted Hide Post
Saeed,

That Black Mamba gave me the creeps.Imagine that damn thing crawling in the branches over your head! Eeker

I have to ask this question about the various grilled meats I see in the photos. What is the texture? Is that meat a bit tough and chewy? I ask because I never tasted those meats.Thank you.

Best-
Locksley,R

"Early in the morning, at break of day, in all the freshness and dawn of one's strength, to read a book - I call that vicious!"- Friedrich Nietzsche

Posts: 795 | Location: Sherwood Forest | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Walter shot a wildebeest today.

We, on the other hand, played some silly games with buffalo and lion.

We took a 2 hour drive to the other end of the concession. We saw the fresh tracks of a herd of buffalo on the run.

We decided to follow them.

A while later, we could see the tracks of lions following the buffalo.

We continued to follow the buffalo. Then came to a patch of high grass, and heard some noise coming from it.

It turned out the noise was of two lions; a young male and a lioness, who have killed a buffalo just ahead of us.

We got into the grass to investigate. When we got to about 30-40 yards from where we thought they were, the skies opened up.

We got soaked to the skin.

We decided to retreat, as the noise of the rain might allow us to get far too close to the lions.

We went up a small hill right next to the grass patch, and could just about see the two cats slither away in the direction where we were.

We left them to their meal, and tried to see where the herd had gone once the rain had stopped.

Sadly, we could not determine which was a fresh spoor, as there were buffalo tracks everywhere.

We also had another problem. Getting out of that area on very wet and slippery roads.

It took us quite a while to drive out of their, and stopped to have lunch at 3 in the afternoon.

After that we drove back to camp.

I took the photos of the black mamba from about 10 yards.

We first saw it as we were driving. It climbed one tree and then slithered onto another one. We stopped the truck underneath the tree and I took those photos.

The meats you see was of kudu, kongoni and eland.

It tastes absolutely delicious.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67480 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by georgeld:
Some reason not any of this last batch of pictures came thru. and about the last 25-30 on the set before that didn't either.
They're all just red x'd.

Is that on my end? Sounds like others are seeing them.
Any suggestions on how I could?
Thanks much,
George

George,

If you are on broadband, you should have no problems with the photos.

They are showing for me logging in from our hunting camp.

Posts: 67480 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Saeed:
I'm on it, many more came thru today than last night. But, still not all of them have. The last 20 or so with the mamba are part of them.

Thanks much, am very much enjoying looking at them. Just showed a friend John most from the last three or four pages. Seemed to enjoy seeing them too.

Wish you well and sure looks like a happy camp.
George

"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5962 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Saeed: 10 yards and right under the tree where the Mamba was?! Confused Are you nuts?!!? Eeker Man, that makes those beautiful photos even more creepy. Roll Eyes I once had a PH who was positioned in the back of a truck under an overhanging tree and a Mamaba fell out of the tree and into the truck. He told me that it was the fastest exit of a truck by 5 guys in the history of the world! Big Grin

one of us
Picture of Blacktailer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Saseed:
I'm on it, many more came thru today than last night. But, still not all of them have. The last 20 or so with the mamba are part of them.

Thanks much, am very much enjoying looking at them. Just showed a friend John most from the last three or four pages. Seemed to enjoy seeing them too.

Wish you well and sure looks like a happy camp.
George

George,
I am on a Verizon air card and my internet is a bit baulky at times. With the amount of photos in these posts I sometimes have to let the page load for quite some time and if everything doesn't come through the first time, reload the page. Usually I get everything on the second try.
Hope that is some help. beer

Have gun- Will travel
The value of a trophy is computed directly in terms of personal investment in its acquisition. Robert Ruark

Posts: 3829 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
All photos are amazing, but the insect photos are stunning.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7575 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
Saeed, the photos are absolutely AMAZING. You and the crew are outdoing yourselves. I think they are some of the very best ever.

I am especially glad to see everyone having such a good time. I am glad Don has joined you on the trip! That has been a long time coming!!

Did I see Chief Bula Bula? Wink Its good to see him back too. lol. It has been a little while.

Best regards to all, and I am looking forward to the next installment!

Cheers
Chris

Posts: 7121 | Location: The Rock (southern V.I.) | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Saeed:
For the hell of it I just counted the red x's in the middle of pg 5. Everything from where the guys were aiming rifles from the tent are x'd out. Then you posted more on the 11th @ 18:05. Nothing at all posted other than your name and time heading. That's the first totally missed post so far.

Thank you kindly,

Blacktailer:
I let them download until they quit.
Whats happened in this case are many that don't show up at all and have those red x's instead.

I'm on Century Link telephone wireless. Supposed to be the best there is in this area. I'm paying plenty for it too, so it shouldn't be a problem if everyone else is getting them all.
Thanks much, appreciate the info and suggestions etc.
George

"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

George L. Dwight

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm still trying to wash those pictures of Walter off my eyeballs.

Bleach ain't working, gonna try battery acid next...

Then I have to wipe my memory.

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 9869 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One Of Us
posted Hide Post
Saeed- What a super safari, your photography and composition is spectacular!! WOW!!
That Mamba gives me the chills sitting here at home.....hope you duffed it after the photography!!
That V-LUX-4 is doing a great job with your masterful guidance....I just love my V-LUX-3!!
Thanks so much!
Cheers,

470EDDY

Posts: 2600 | Location: The Other Washington | Registered: 24 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Saeed

Did you let the buffalo determine how it was going to die? Big Grin And how did they convey that exactly?

Great pics and I am looking forward to the movie version. Oh, tell Walter he needs to show more leg! rotflmo

Posts: 367 | Location: Anchor Point, Alaska | Registered: 03 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bud Meadows
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jefffive:
I'm still trying to wash those pictures of Walter off my eyeballs.

Bleach ain't working, gonna try battery acid next...

Then I have to wipe my memory.

Has Walter decided to play for the other team, or does he just have latent American Democrat tendencies??

Jesus saves, but Moses invests

Posts: 1385 | Location: Lake Bluff, IL | Registered: 02 May 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted Hide Post
Thank you Saeed.

For this site and your travels.

Though through you lens I will get to travel to and see places I have would never gotten to see otherwise.

Don't limit your challenges . . .
Challenge your limits

Posts: 4244 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The photos download just fine on my iPhone (4G)
as well as on the hotel wifi and laptop.
I am in Las Vegas scouting locations for Walter to
ply his special talents in "adult entertainment."
I believe he could sign a long term contract for
a variety show called "Walterable." tu2

Posts: 28032 | Location: KY | Registered: 09 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Saeed:
For the hell of it I just counted the red x's in the middle of pg 5. .....
George

Not sure this will work for you, George, but try a right click on one of the red x's. You should see a menu that includes "show picture".
Click on that and maybe...

Regards, Tim

Posts: 1320 | Location: Washington, DC | Registered: 17 March 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
quote:
Saeed:
For the hell of it I just counted the red x's in the middle of pg 5. Everything from where the guys were aiming rifles from the tent are x'd out. Then you posted more on the 11th @ 18:05. Nothing at all posted other than your name and time heading. That's the first totally missed post so far.

suggestions etc.
George

Refresh the page after clearing your cache.

GEorge

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Well, Dillon has achieved the impossible!

Walter did a double on buffalo today.

He shot two old bulls from the same herd!

We also had an interesting day.

Saw two male lions and two females. These are the ones that have been eating our baits.

We had a long look at them from as close as 100 yards, and decided they were too young to shoot.

Left them and headed into the hills looking for buffalo.

We saw a sable bull several hundred yards away, and he took one look at us and started running.

We saw a warthog disappear into a little dip, and were not sure whether he was suitable.

As we got close to investigate, we found an impala baby just born.

He was wet, and the after birth was lying next to him.

Went and had lunch in the forest.

Found an impala and shot him.

After that we found the fresh tracks of eland, and we followed them for a couple of hours. They went into the next concession.

We decided to go see if we could find a suitable place where we might find some hippos and crocs.

Found several hippos in the forest. One bull we thought might give us some hassle as we got to about 10 yards of him.

We did not want to shoot one out of the water, as it would be very difficult to place him in the water for the crocs.

Found a suitable bull, and shot him in the water from less than 10 yards.

Left him in the water and headed back to camp.

There we got the great news that Walter had shot two buffalo.

A bit late for us right now, and we have to be up at 5 tomorrow morning.

Will try to post some photos tomorrow.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:

Well, Dillon has achieved the impossible!

Walter did a double on buffalo today.

He shot two old bulls from the same herd!

What are the odds of TWO WALTERABLE BUFFALO in one herd?
Incredible luck.
What happens with Dillon, stays with Dillon.
Honey Badger don't care. tu2

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Tim:
Many thanks for that R click suggestion.
It sure worked swell. Got 'em all opened this time.
funny thing, many of them I've seen before. So maybe sometimes they do open, other times they don't. These gadgets drive me nuts at times.
I'm one of those guys that if it don't work when it's turned on, I'm baffled.

Am curious now that they opened whether they'll stay open or not. Will check that out shortly as I'm back n forth to e'mail as they come in.

Thanks again, great pictures!
George

"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

George L. Dwight

Administrator
posted Hide Post

Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
There was nothing Walterable these buffalo RIP. Wink Walter stalked over 1 km to the heard, they made it to the scrub however. We then jumped in the truck and leap frog them and set up an ambush after another stalk. Walter hit the first one that went about 10 meters and fell. The second one was hard hit but ran into some thick bush. Walter went in after it and finished him off. It was a very good hunt.

------------------------------
A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 7996 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bakes:
There was nothing Walterable these buffalo RIP. Wink Walter stalked over 1 km to the heard, they made it to the scrub however. We then jumped in the truck and leap frog them and set up an ambush after another stalk. Walter hit the first one that went about 10 meters and fell. The second one was hard hit but ran into some thick bush. Walter went in after it and finished him off. It was a very good hunt.

Woooooot!!!! Congrats to Walter and Dillon! One Shot Walter has his A+ game going this year. Smiler Must be trying to impress the new guys. Wink Couple nice bulls there. tu2 To Walter's credit he put on a few good long (>1 km) stalks last year too, we just had trouble finding 2 hard bossed bulls in the same herd for him. Smiler

Awesome pictures again Saeed! A exceptional treat for the eyes this year.

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you from Canada!

Cheers
Chris

Posts: 7121 | Location: The Rock (southern V.I.) | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Wonderful as usual. clap
Newborn impala?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Absolutely first rate photography! Thanks for sharing.

Posts: 477 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 21 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wow, have any of you noticed the picture of young male lion and the rock in the background!? The rock looks just like a large male lion and a smaller female lion next to it!! Uncanny the way those pics were set up! Cool! tu2 I love my imagination at times! rotflmo