THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Hunt Report Of Our Safari In The Selous With Alan Vincent 2013
Page 1 2 3 4 ... 11

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hunt Report Of Our Safari In The Selous With Alan Vincent 2013
 Login/Join

Administrator
posted

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Se are about to head to the airport on our way to Dar, where Alan, Roy and Rene are waiting for us, to fly to the Selous.

Tony has had a rather speedy introduction to Walter rotflmo

An experience he is never likely to forget clap

I am hoping to provide you with a Live Daily report from the camp.

VIDEOS

1. Zebra fat only grows under black stripes!!?

We have skinned many zebra before, and have not encountered this before. As you can see from the video above, the fat seems to only grow under the black stripes!
Also, we learnt that zebra fat is very good medicine for asthma.

2. Buffalo 1

On our first day of hunting, we saw a herd very close to camp, as we drove to the range to check our rifles.

After we had done that, we drove a short distance and found a herd feeding in very thick bush. They were feeding towards a dry river bed, so we went ahead of them.

Sure enough, they came there, and this bull was on the far side of the herd, and was just about to go into the thicket on the opposite side.

I fired a shot at him and he dropped. WE walked up to him and put a finishing shot into him.

3. Buffalo 2

We followed this herd for sometime, and the bull we were after never seems to show himself, until now. He ran into the forest after the shot. We found quite a lot of blood, and followed it to find him dead.

He had a bad wound from lions as you can see.

4. Waterbuck

There a few vantage points by the river from which we normally glass for animals.

We saw this waterbuck from quite a distance, and went to see if we could get a shot.

5. Kudu 1

We were running after some eland we saw late in the afternoon. They took us on a long run, over some hills. The last we saw of them was a bull disappearing about a mile away!

We then saw this kudu running on an opposite hillside, and as you can see, it was very difficult to see him.

6. Kudu 2

We were driving along when we saw this kudu with some cows running in the bush. WE ran after them, and after a while we saw them walking. He walked through a gap, and a lucky shot dropped him.

7. hyena

Driving back to camp after a long day, I saw this hyena standing there looking at us. No one believed me when I said HYENA!

8. Lunch with hippos

WE stopped to have lunch at a place we have had many lunch breaks before, and found that the hippos are in resident a few yards away.

9. Eland

Alan and Roy went up a mountainous hill, and saw a herd of eland quite far away.

We went after them, and the wind was changing direction, as it was midday. Finally managed to bag this monster.

10. Buffalo 3

We followed this herd of buffalo for several days, and never managed to get a shot at this bull. This day, after quite a long time following them, we managed to get our chance finally.

11. Wildebeast

We saw a large herd of wildebeest, and bagged this one.

12. A View Of The River From The Air

13. An Aerial View Of Our Camp

The above two videos were taken by a GoPro Hero3 mounted on a Phantom quaducopter

14. Funtime

Another aerial view of parts of the concession, and the boys are having fun with slingshots.

15. Our Driver Lema Meets A Leupold!

This is our driver, Lema, at the shooting contest that we have at the end of the safari.
He crowded the scope a bit! clap

16. Tony Shooting The T.Rex

Tony did not want to pass the chance of being here and not checking our 577 T.Rex. rotflmo

17. Close Up Views Of The Phantom Drone

18. U F O At The BBQ!

19. Skinning A Buffalo

20. Skinning An Eland

2. U F O

========================================

HUNT REPORTS

Part One

Part Two

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67474 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Good hunting!

Posts: 989 | Location: AL | Registered: 13 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Brian Clark
posted Hide Post
Have a safe trip and can't wait to see what you guys get into this year.

Thanks!

Brian Clark

Blue Skies Hunting Adventures
www.blueskieshunting.com
Email at: info@blueskieshunting.com

African Cape Trophy Safaris
www.africancapesafaris.com
Email at: brian@africancapesafaris.com

1-402-689-2024

Posts: 1013 | Location: Nebraska | Registered: 30 August 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
It's like Christmas!

"There are worse memorials to a life well-lived than a pair of elephant tusks." Robert Ruark

Posts: 4780 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Bon voyage, mon ami, break a leg. tu2

For Walter: Merde!
clap

'"Break a leg" is a well-known idiom in theatre which means "good luck." It is typically said to actors and musicians before they go on stage to perform. The origin of the phrase is obscure. The expression reflects a theatrical superstition in which wishing a person "good luck" is considered bad luck. The expression is sometimes used outside the theatre as superstitions and customs travel through other professions and then into common use. Among professional dancers, the traditional saying is not "break a leg," but "merde".'

Love that French lingo.
animal

Posts: 28032 | Location: KY | Registered: 09 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
best of luck for the next few weeks- and try to keep us informed!

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13246 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
I am going to leave the finer details for Tony to relate.

Yesterday Walter took Tony on a aerial sight seeing tour of Dubai.

Walter has been to the port where the plane takes off literally 1000s of times.

But, just to make sure Tony gets a taste of what is to come, Walter missed his turn on the high way.

That was the beginning of quite an exercise for Tony to be a backseat driver.

He said his legs were hearting because of braking in anticipation of the next crash!

Last night I got the following message from Walter.

"I will be glad to exercise old and new tricks on Tony....for 3 weeks. I can even replenish our old repertoire, and invent new ones too. Let us be creative. And DON'T tell him I have Toblerone in my bag! I don't want him complaining of not having any like Chris last year!"

Posts: 67474 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Saeed,

Hope you all have a great hunt! Thanks for the site, your a heck of a host.

Best regards,
Butch

Posts: 561 | Location: texas | Registered: 29 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congrats Saeed!

Keep us up to date with the laugh track that is Walter...

Posts: 10797 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
Good luck, safe travels, have great fun. Thanks for bringing the rest of us along via AR again this year.

Posts: 3877 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Enjoying breakfast at the Emirates First Class Lounge.

Walter and Tony have gone down to but some duty free.

Walter also wants to try his luck at buying a raffle ticket for a car as offered by the Duty Free here.

A few years ago he won a BMW 850i.

Had a call from Alan just now. They will be waiting for us at Dar for the charter flight to camp.

Walter says he is waiting impatiently for a Star Trek type transporter. Where we can by pass all the airports and flying.

In fact, he says he will start working on such a transporter as soon as he gets to the Selous.

Tony apparently is going to be his guinea pig!

One of Us
Picture of leopards valley safaris
posted Hide Post
Saeed keep the wind in your face and your thumb on the safety. Best of luck on your Safari

Dave Davenport
Outfitters license HC22/2012EC
Pro Hunters license PH74/2012EC
www.leopardsvalley.co.za
dave@leopardsvalley.co.za
+27 42 24 61388
HUNT AFRICA WHILE YOU STILL CAN
Follow us on FACEBOOK https://www.facebook.com/#!/leopardsvalley.safaris

Posts: 980 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 06 December 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dla69
posted Hide Post
Wishing you safe travel and a great time!

Posts: 535 | Location: Greensburg, PA | Registered: 18 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Way to go !

HAVE FUN - all the rest is not so important .

Cheers

Posts: 208 | Location: PortugaL | Registered: 10 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bud Meadows
posted Hide Post
Have another great trip Saeed. I envy you but at least I get to share your trip through your videos.

Jesus saves, but Moses invests

Posts: 1385 | Location: Lake Bluff, IL | Registered: 02 May 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bill73
posted Hide Post
Saeed,
All the best have a great hunt,thank you for AR Smiler

DRSS

Posts: 2277 | Location: MI | Registered: 20 March 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I deer hunted with Tony in OZ last year on a friend's place. Saeed, ask Tony about the fishing we trip we took... ha ha.

Best of luck to everyone and will be looking for the hunt details.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7575 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
I am going to leave the finer details for Tony to relate.

Yesterday Walter took Tony on a aerial sight seeing tour of Dubai.

Walter has been to the port where the plane takes off literally 1000s of times.

But, just to make sure Tony gets a taste of what is to come, Walter missed his turn on the high way.

That was the beginning of quite an exercise for Tony to be a backseat driver.

He said his legs were hearting because of braking in anticipation of the next crash!

Last night I got the following message from Walter.

"I will be glad to exercise old and new tricks on Tony....for 3 weeks. I can even replenish our old repertoire, and invent new ones too. Let us be creative. And DON'T tell him I have Toblerone in my bag! I don't want him complaining of not having any like Chris last year!"

LOL. Poor Tony... Wink

Posts: 7121 | Location: The Rock (southern V.I.) | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
Enjoying breakfast at the Emirates First Class Lounge.

Walter and Tony have gone down to but some duty free.

Walter also wants to try his luck at buying a raffle ticket for a car as offered by the Duty Free here.

A few years ago he won a BMW 850i.

Had a call from Alan just now. They will be waiting for us at Dar for the charter flight to camp.

Walter says he is waiting impatiently for a Star Trek type transporter. Where we can by pass all the airports and flying.

In fact, he says he will start working on such a transporter as soon as he gets to the Selous.

Tony apparently is going to be his guinea pig!

Waiting in the lounge is an exciting time. The anticipation is at its peak! I hope the flight, transfer and charter goes smoothly. I expect Tony will meet the tsetse welcoming committee shortly after landing at Lakula! Lol

Posts: 7121 | Location: The Rock (southern V.I.) | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Happy hunting!

Posts: 1091 | Location: Norway | Registered: 08 June 2012Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
We have made it to our camp, just had dinner, and ready for bed.

We start hunting tomorrow.

Our flight was great, as usual with Emirates.

We met Alan, Roy, Rene and Garry at Dar airport, and they flew with us to the camp.

Saw a large herd of buffalo just before we landed, and an enormous pod of hippos too.

In front of the camp, we could see a large herd of wildebeest, with some waterbuck and numerous crocs.

I have been up since 3 in the morning Dar time, and it is almost 11 in the evening here now, but I don't feel sleepy at all!

See you all tomorrow.

Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
Good luck!

One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
Have fun boys.
Jealous ...

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of RobinOLocksley
posted Hide Post
Saeed,

All the very best with this year's safari. We will be waiting for your daily reports and the brilliant photos. Have a great hunt.

Best-
Locksley,R.

"Early in the morning, at break of day, in all the freshness and dawn of one's strength, to read a book - I call that vicious!"- Friedrich Nietzsche

Posts: 795 | Location: Sherwood Forest | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
First up, A-Team: Saeed and Alan.
Toss of a coin for order following?
B-Team: Tony and Mystery PH.
Z-Team: Walter and ... condolences to the PH.
The horse may be led to water, but will it drink?
popcorn

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Be safe, THEN have fun!!
George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5962 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Kyler Hamann
posted Hide Post
The updates are appreciated.

Thanks!

I'm so old that I still have some skills even without an internet connection or electricity.

Posts: 2506 | Location: Central Coast of CA | Registered: 10 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBoutfishn
posted Hide Post
Another adventure begins! dancing

Jim "Bwana Umfundi"
NRA

Posts: 3014 | Location: State Of Jefferson | Registered: 27 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of David Hulme
posted Hide Post
Have a blast Saeed. Thank you for the support over the years and for giving us AR. Keep safe.

Best wishes to you and yours, David

Posts: 2270 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 28 February 2007Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
We started the morning as usual, had breakfast, and went to sight in our rifles.

Both Tony and me required only one shot each to see tat the rifles were spot on.

Alan, Roy and me headed one way. Tony, Dillon and Gary headed the other way.

I shot a kongoni and a waterbuck.

Saw several eland, including an enormous bull, far away late in the afternoon.

Saw many wildebeest, had a couple of false starts on them. But could not separate any mature bull to shoot.

Late in the afternoon on the way to camp, we saw 3 buffalo bulls go into a thicket. That thicket was only about 30 yards wide, but very long.

We ran to the other side of the thicket, hoping to catch them coming out.

We saw one young bull standing in the clear, while the other two were hidden in the thick.

We tried to get them to come out, as the light was fading. But, they did not want to co-operate.

We left them and headed home.

Found Tony and his party back before us.

Apparently they have seen just about what we had seen, but did not manage to have a shot at anything.

I will process some photos and upload them.

Administrator
posted Hide Post

The three of us in the Emirates First Class lounge at Dubai International Airport.

Tony and me whizzed through security without any hitch. Walter, however was asked to reveal all sorts of things in his carry one bag. He had to take off his belt as well.

Just as he got through, I said to the customs officer that I missed all the fun, as I would have liked to take a photo of all the proceedings.

He said "I can give him the full treatment if you like!"

Tony was just shaking his head!

Tony and Hessa watching IT ONLY HURTS WHEN I LAUGH on TV about all sorts of nitwits getting in hilarious situations.

Hessa made this cap especially for Walter. Walter likes sweets, and Hessa thought he might enjoy some ready for immediate use.

Hessa joined us for lunch with Tony at Mall of The Emirates. We had lunch at STRIPES, and South African restaurant. Roy, Rene and Alan enjoy eating at Stripes too.

Hessa is thanking Tony for bringing here a koala bear.

My meal on board Emirates.

Walter and Tony enjoying a glass of wine.

The coast of Tanzania.

Dar Essalam

Administrator
posted Hide Post

WE met Roy, Rene, Alan and Garry at the charter terminal.

Look at how Walter has strapped himself on his seat.

A few aerial photos on the way to the Selous. The last one above is of the river on which our camp is located.

A herd of buffalo not far from the airstrip

one of us
posted Hide Post
Great update!! Keep them coming...

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7575 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post

Arriving at the airstrip.

Walter meets Dillon

First meat at camp.

Early morning at camp. Having breakfast and Tony trying to teach Walter to use a boomerang

Administrator
posted Hide Post

Walter lent Tony his ammo belt.
Trouble was that his belt is made for standard 30-06 size brass, and Tony had a job trying to squeeze the 375/404 ammo in. The look on Tony's face says it all!

Sighting in our guns.

Alan with a kongoni liver.

Grilling some kongoni meat for lunch.
And very delicious it was too.

Saw this waterbuck from far away, and stalked and shot him.

Roy is carrying the game scout's AK47, shooting sticks and pangas, as the boys are carrying the waterbuck.

Administrator
posted Hide Post

Administrator
posted Hide Post
I hope you enjoy the photos.

I can hear lions calling, just as we heard them both last night and early thing morning.

Breakfast at 5:30, then we head out hunting.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Wonderful.
I am not keeping score this year. Nice waterbuck to Saeed though.
Just taking in the wonders vicariously.
Looks like all is going well for everyone.
Greatest show on earth. clap

What is Tony shooting there, off the bonnet of the bakkie? It does not have a Leupold VX3 2.5-8X36mm on it?
Who is Tony's PH and Walter's babysitter?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice waterbuck! Thanks for the update. Love the photo's.

Posts: 835 | Location: Plover, Wi | Registered: 04 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Fantastic, feels like we are there, with you!
Looking forwards to all the reports, and pictures,
thanks for taking the time.

Butch

Posts: 561 | Location: texas | Registered: 29 March 2008Reply With Quote