THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Hunt Report Of Our Safari In The Selous With Alan Vincent 2013
Page 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hunt Report Of Our Safari In The Selous With Alan Vincent 2013
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Another bunch of great pictures.
Shows just how big that country is.
Beautiful.
Kinda looks like Walter shot a muzzle loader.
All that smoke and fire and no recoil shown.
Thanks to these pictures I've changed my mind about Walter. At first I thought he was the life of the party. Now I'm convinced he is THE PARTY!! Camp would be dull without him I'll bet.

Hey Walter? Congrats on the game getting, good shootin!
George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 6028 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
you guys didn't let walter shoot buffalo with that blaser i hope

Posts: 13462 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Blacktailer
posted Hide Post
First we had Walter in a dress, now we have him doing his business. I may never be able to get that image out of my mind. nilly
I will keep thinking about those sunsets...

Have gun- Will travel
The value of a trophy is computed directly in terms of personal investment in its acquisition. Robert Ruark

Posts: 3830 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of RobinOLocksley
posted Hide Post
Another instalment of great photos.

Congratulations to Walter on his double slam.

Best-
Locksley,R

"Early in the morning, at break of day, in all the freshness and dawn of one's strength, to read a book - I call that vicious!"- Friedrich Nietzsche

Posts: 813 | Location: Sherwood Forest | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great Photos.

Looks like ya'll are having some really big fun!

Walter in the dress????? We really didn't need that..............

Some things that happen in Africa should really stay in Africa dancing

Posts: 42345 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blacktailer:
First we had Walter in a dress, now we have him doing his business. I may never be able to get that image out of my mind. nilly

LMAO!! When I scrolled past that pic, I assumed Walter was just showing us how stealthily they stalked the buffalo, or something like that....I totally missed the fact that his belt is unbuckled and his pants look pulled down!!

rotflmo

Posts: 7122 | Location: The Rock (southern V.I.) | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
until now i never realized Walter ever actually shot anything.i thought he just provided comic relief and cooked an occasional meal! fantastic result.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13449 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Great updates and awesome photos, thanks Saeed

One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Way to go, Walter!

I can see that you understand that African Big Game Hunting is a team sport.

Let's Work Together

Our US government could take a lesson!

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13675 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:
until now i never realized Walter ever actually shot anything.i thought he just provided comic relief and cooked an occasional meal! fantastic result.

I believe he was an Olympics Skeet shooter for Germany and a very good gunsmith.

Best-
Locksley,R

"Early in the morning, at break of day, in all the freshness and dawn of one's strength, to read a book - I call that vicious!"- Friedrich Nietzsche

Posts: 813 | Location: Sherwood Forest | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Jdollar
I´m going to tell you a little story.
In the 50´s in Osorno, Chile, a little one was giving his first steps with some weapons. First with the 22 riffle and after some years with some shotguns. He would basically hunt ducks. I was his partner.
From 1959 he started using the skeet. In 1962 (only a 16 year old boy) represented Chile in the Skeet World Championship.
After, he moved to Germany, where besides studying and get the gunsmiths degree, took part in the Skeet Olympic German Team.
He worked for over 35 years in Dubai, like a gunsmiths , where became very good friend with Sheikh Saeed. I´m not sure, but the shooting tunnel that you see in AR must have some of his ideas in the design. There is too, a famous bullet with his name; 375/404 300 gr. I can assure you that in Dubai he is very loved and respected.
This is my true friend Walter. Besides this, he is very entertaining and he has never stopped being a kid. His nickname since a little boy is PUTZELE, due his German ascendance. It means little boy. And I really hope he stays that way….and in Dubai.

For Walter and Dillon……bravo!!! Wadmansheil…two buffalo, a congoni, a wildebeest, an impala (hope the Warthog). What a great hunting! Specially for a person with four stent and two bypasses… you are out of this world gringo. I´m proud to call myself your friend.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Sorry I missed the update yesterday.

We went very early up into some far hills, and spent all day chasing a large buffalo herd.

There were a number of good mature bulls in it, but, the terrain and the bush made picking the right one to shoot without hitting another very difficult.

Late in the morning, we managed to shoot an old dugga boy. Completely covered in mud.

We had lunch as we skinned him, and went after the herd in the afternoon.

Same story. We found them bedded down in a relatively open area. But, each bull was lying down amongst some cows.

We waited for them to start feeding, which they eventually did.

Again, we were unable to pick a bull to shoot. And just before sunset, they got wind of us and took off.

We left them and headed back home. A trip that usually takes about one and half hour to two hours.

We got home late, had dinner and hit the sack.

This morning we left early as usual.

Our intention was to drive to our croc bait.

We saw zebra on 3 separate occasions, and did not manage to get any.

Funny that as they were very scarce so far.

We spotted an old waterbuck, and went after him.

We found him standing under a tree in long grass, only his head was visible to us.

We waited on him to move, then suddenly we saw some zebra coming.

We shot one of them, and decided to skin him.

We made an interesting discovery, which we have never seen before.

This zebra at least, had fat only under the black strips of his skin!!??

I am uploading some photos right now, and you will see what I mean.

None of the zebra we have shot and skinned before have had this.

Walter is still looking for his warthog and zebra.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68793 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post

Posts: 68793 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
WOW, again thanks for the wonderful photos and report

Posts: 24 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 10 June 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of twoseventy
posted Hide Post
Very interesting photos. Thank you.

...I say that hunters go into Paradise when they die, and live in this world more joyfully than any other men.
-Edward, duke of York

". . . when a man has shot an elephant his life is full." ~John Alfred Jordan

"The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand

Cogito ergo venor- KPete

“It is not from the benevolence of the butcher, the brewer, or the baker, that we expect our dinner, but from their regard to their own self-interest. We address ourselves, not to their humanity but to their self-love, and never talk to them of our own necessities but of their advantages.”
― Adam Smith - “Wealth of Nations”

Posts: 989 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 12 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wow...awesome photos tu2

Posts: 3430 | Registered: 24 February 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The NonCon performance of the Walterhog demonstrated here:

Just like the brass CEB hollowpoint bullets (and Lehigh and S&H before CEB), and like a copper GSC HV driven fast enough,
Saeed's bullet lets loose a deathstar of fragments then becomes a nose-heavy penetrator that is shoulder-stabilized and dart-stabilized until it comes to rest.

Thanks for the show. popcorn

WILDCATS RELOADED
Certifying Body: R.I.P.

Posts: 28032 | Location: KY | Registered: 09 December 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
Unbelievable photos again Saeed! Just amazing. I am enjoying every one.

The picture of the zebra fat in stripes is unreal!!

Cheers!
Chris

Posts: 7122 | Location: The Rock (southern V.I.) | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBoutfishn
posted Hide Post
The first thing I check when I go on line is your updates from the Selous. I know we have all said it but I can't thank you enough for keeping us updated on your hunt. The photography is outstanding.

I am really looking forward to the video of this years trip.

Jim "Bwana Umfundi"
NRA

Posts: 3014 | Location: State Of Jefferson | Registered: 27 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Nice photo the last one with the buff.

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I hope you'll pardon me for saying so, but several of this last batch of photos look like shit! Big Grin

Posts: 13245 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Blacktailer
posted Hide Post
yuck

Have gun- Will travel
The value of a trophy is computed directly in terms of personal investment in its acquisition. Robert Ruark

Posts: 3830 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nelson B:
quote:

Jdollar
I´m going to tell you a little story.
In the 50´s in Osorno, Chile, a little one was giving his first steps with some weapons. First with the 22 riffle and after some years with some shotguns. He would basically hunt ducks. I was his partner.
From 1959 he started using the skeet. In 1962 (only a 16 year old boy) represented Chile in the Skeet World Championship.
After, he moved to Germany, where besides studying and get the gunsmiths degree, took part in the Skeet Olympic German Team.
He worked for over 35 years in Dubai, like a gunsmiths , where became very good friend with Sheikh Saeed. I´m not sure, but the shooting tunnel that you see in AR must have some of his ideas in the design. There is too, a famous bullet with his name; 375/404 300 gr. I can assure you that in Dubai he is very loved and respected.
This is my true friend Walter. Besides this, he is very entertaining and he has never stopped being a kid. His nickname since a little boy is PUTZELE, due his German ascendance. It means little boy. And I really hope he stays that way….and in Dubai.

For Walter and Dillon……bravo!!! Wadmansheil…two buffalo, a congoni, a wildebeest, an impala (hope the Warthog). What a great hunting! Specially for a person with four stent and two bypasses… you are out of this world gringo. I´m proud to call myself your friend.

You are a very lucky man to know him! I sure would like to meet him and have a laugh or a thousand......

Posts: 1464 | Location: Southwestern Idaho, USA!!!! | Registered: 29 March 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Fantastic photos. I look forward to seeing the most recent ones.

BTW, what is Walter's last name?

Hook em Horns

Posts: 335 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 February 2012Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
We had a long hard day chasing buffalo yesterday, and came up with nothing.

Walter also faired the same way.

This morning we thought of trying another method.

We drove up on top of hills and glassed for any buffalo.

After a few attempts, we decided to drive around and find fresh tracks.

We found the tracks of a small group - eventually turned out to be 3. One large bull, one smaller bull and a cow.

We followed them for a while, seeing them down in a sort of gully quite far down.

We went down, but sadly they sensed us and disappeared into the forest down wind.

We went back to our truck to have our elevens's.

Half way through our sandwiches, we spotted some zebra feeding not far from us.

We left the sandwiches, and went looking to shoot a zebra.

We shot one, loaded him up and headed to our leopard bait, which was hit a couple of days ago.

Apparently the leopard did not return.

We headed back for home, and on the way shot an impala for garbascho.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Too many foals around at this time of the year.
Anchoring a leopard to a bait may prove to be quite difficult - baiting with zebra or warthog may be his undoing though. Wink

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Had a fantastic buffalo hunt this morning.

Went to Rhino rock - a hill that looks like a rhino with rocky outcrop.

Alan and Neoni went up and glassed the countryside. They saw a herd of buffalo, and three buffalo together.

The three were the same ones we have been chasing for the past couple of days. They are a young bull, a cow and a mature bull.

We drove over to where they had seen them, and saw two lionesses walking across our tracks.

Found the tracks of the buffalo, and followed them at a quick clip.

Caught up with them in an open area just before the thickets they were heading to.

We shot the bull we were after, gutted and loaded him up and headed for camp.

Had lunch of impala and zebra, and in the afternoon we had our usual shooting contest for the camp staff.

Our waiter, Yasin, won it.

Everyone had an absolutely great safari, ending tonight with one of Walter's BBQs.

We fly to Dar tomorrow, and head to Dubai.

We end our journey in Dubai, while Tony continues from there to his home in Australia. And Roy and Rene head to the US.

I have many photos to go through, and will prepare a more elaborate hunt report to post here to share with you.

Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
I can't believe it is over already!!! Time sure flies when your having fun (or watching it!). Another great hunt with some phenomenal pictures. I am looking forward to the videos more than ever. tu2

Please pass on my warmest regards to everyone there, Saeed, even Walter. Wink lol.

Cheers!
Chris

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wow, over already! Saeed, once again, your photo documentation of your hunt has been spectacular. I've enjoyed every minute of it! Thank you so much for the photos, the humor, and for bringing us all along on your fantastic hunt. You make the Selous look like heaven on earth, which I'm sure it is!

Posts: 282 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah | Registered: 20 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
damn fine pictures and mini- report..what was the final buffalo count?

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13449 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you Saeed for sharing the pictures, the commentary, and of course for providing this site.

Posts: 344 | Location: Reno, Nevada | Registered: 05 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This thread has been terrific Saeed...Thank you!
Looking forward to your upcoming report tu2

Posts: 3430 | Registered: 24 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Another Safari "withdrawal" for me to go through!!! Big Grin

one of us
Picture of SKM
posted Hide Post
Saeed's Hunt Reports - the next best thing to being there!!

Thanks for sharing!

Posts: 268 | Location: Adirondacks of NY | Registered: 06 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks so much for taking the time Saeed,glad you all had a great safari, you have a heck of a group of friends, your a very lucky man!!

Posts: 564 | Location: texas | Registered: 29 March 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBoutfishn
posted Hide Post
Over already? #$*&@(? What? Darn! Thank you again for sharing, looking forward to the video.

Jim "Bwana Umfundi"
NRA

Posts: 3014 | Location: State Of Jefferson | Registered: 27 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sheikh Saeed,

This is very very bad news!!! The safari is over? That is terrible news!

Brilliant photography ...each year your pictures get better!

Warm regards

Saeed

one of us
Picture of Sevens
posted Hide Post
They always go by way too quickly. Thanks for sharing, but this didn't help my safari-itis.

If you died tomorrow, what would you have done today ...

2018 Zimbabwe - Tuskless w/ Nengasha Safaris
2011 Mozambique - Buffalo w/ Mashambanzou Safaris

Posts: 2789 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 27 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The safari is over already? I thought it was getting warmed up just.Still, thank you for the reposts and photos that you shared so far.

Best-
Locksley,R

Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Just got into the airport hotel. Head back home tomorrow. I've had a fantastic time with Saeed, the Vincent's, Dylan and Gary....and yes even Walter.

------------------------------
A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 8053 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote