THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Hunt Report Of Our Safari In The Selous With Alan Vincent 2013
Page 1 2 3 4 5 ... 11

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hunt Report Of Our Safari In The Selous With Alan Vincent 2013
 Login/Join

one of us
posted Hide Post
Wow Great pictures as usual , may you be blessed with another wonderful Safari
Walter seems to be right at home

Posts: 590 | Location: Georgia pine country | Registered: 21 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Would absolutely love to be there with ya'll!
I hope this is your best safari ever.
Or at least until Hessa can go with you.

LORD, let my bullets go where my crosshairs show.
Not all who wander are lost.
NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

Posts: 2786 | Location: Northeast Louisianna | Registered: 06 October 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Blacktailer
posted Hide Post
Another adventure with Walter. What could be more exciting?

Have gun- Will travel
The value of a trophy is computed directly in terms of personal investment in its acquisition. Robert Ruark

Posts: 3829 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Have a great time to you all...I'm going to be glued to this thread tu2

Posts: 3430 | Registered: 24 February 2007Reply With Quote
Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
I hope you enjoy the photos.

I can hear lions calling, just as we heard them both last night and early thing morning.

Breakfast at 5:30, then we head out hunting.

The pictures are fantastic. They gave me an overwhelming feeling that I can only describe as "homesickness". Everyone looks great, and I am glad the hunt has started out well. I am really looking forward to more updates! All the best to everyone!

Cheers
Chris

Posts: 7121 | Location: The Rock (southern V.I.) | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
5 years I have been following these hunts and I cannot wait for the next day!

A hunt fest & a laugh fest!

Thanks a tonne for sharing this entertainment!

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11020 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great bunch of pictures.
Sure would be nice for those of us not familiar with all you folks and some of the areas. To have some captions to go with them. Just saying it would help some of us newer members.

Thanks for sharing, some 'artistic' views from the air of that stream bed.
Have a great time.
George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5962 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for sharing!!! I am on the edge of my seat awaiting the reports of your adventure.

Posts: 195 | Location: Douglas, Wyoming | Registered: 14 August 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
georgeld,

Be patient, they will get around to identifying names and places, as this extravaganza unfolds.
Actual hunting takes precedence to exhaustive reporting with every post. Wink

Saeed,

Garry is the PH assisting Alan with crowd control? Garry who? I can wait. Wink

Tell Alan that his i-phone or email account may have been highjacked, or some malware is using his name.
Some miscreant is sending out web attacks, something about a fake survey, that Norton blocked me from opening in email.

Thought I was getting a message from the i-phone of Alan Vincent. But nooooo ...

Posts: 28032 | Location: KY | Registered: 09 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boerbokrib
posted Hide Post
So today I get to live the adventure of the hunt. To be apart of a trip tht i get to share in and also get to see.

Every Year We have got the videos of the trip and my daughter and I sit and watch the antics the hunts and enjoy the sounds of the bush.

This year my little one took her first antelope a duiker. But she wants to grow up to be a vet and pilot so she can work with Wild animals.

This is all thanks inlarge to these videos and these hunting trips.

Thank you Saeed and walter and co.

Posts: 291 | Location: Sourh Africa | Registered: 07 August 2006Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
clap some fantastic photos! The party has def. begun!

Posts: 18 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 21 June 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Folks second PH is Dylan Cloete. expect buffalo to die...

Posts: 280 | Location: Tanzania | Registered: 11 March 2005Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Last night we could hear lions calling practically all night.

Hyenas were at the camp almost non stop, and the hippos from a pool a short distance away were also assisting in the audio department.

Dillon is on a very steep learning curve to understand how Walter tick.

Got us at 5:30 as usual, had breakfast and headed out. We were supposed to go in one direction, and Dilly and Tony in another.

But, just before we got to the junction where we separate, we saw a herd of buffalo.

Plans were changed, we went after the buffalo, and Tony and his party went on their way.

We chased the buffalo for a while in very thick bush, and decided to give up as the wind was wrong, and we did not want to scare them.

We left them and headed out.

A short while later, we saw another herd feeding in a river bed.

We went after them, and shot one at a longer distance than we had hoped to.

We loaded him in the truck, and were on our way back to camp to drop him.

We then came across another herd feeding, and decided to see if we could get a shot at a bull there.

Found the bull we were after, but as usually happens, he was in the clear, but a cow was immediately behind him.

We had to wait for quite a while, rifle ready on the sticks.

Eventually he moved, and I shot him.

He wasn't in the bet of health, as he had a big wound from a lion attack.

Took some pictures, and left him for the crew to collect.

W e went back to camp to drop our first bull. The plan is for the boys from the butchery to drive back and collect the second buffalo.

We decided to stay home, have a proper lunch, and generally make a nuisance of ourselves to keep Rene on her toes! clap

Tony and his crew are still out.

You should have seen Tony's face this morning as I discovered were they were going to go.

I told him "watch out for sleeping hippos"

He looked at me with a sort of incredulous smile, and repeated "yeah, sleeping hippos!"

Last year we had a job avoiding stepping on them asleep in the forest by the river bank!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67474 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Bakes here guys. Well day two of my hunt was the whole package. Dillon my PH found a buff camp at the base of a baobab tree. He put the trackers onto the trail and the boys were off. Just watching the trackers work the trail was fantastic. We didn't get far when Dillon pointed out that a lion was also following the herd (that increased the pucker factor Eeker).

We'd followed the herd for about 1km when Dillon pointed out a bull behind a bush facing us. A shot through the bush resulted in a good hit but he took off to the left, we heard him bellow at one stage. Dillon then noticed another big bull in the main herd, we had a wait him out, when shot presented I took it and he dropped on the spot. We then had to go and find the first one and that resulted in a tense tracking job through some thick scrub. We found lots of blood and I have to say my heart was pounding. To after about 100 meters we found the bull laying down, as he tried to get up I hit him again through the shoulder. So two buff in the same hunt and I was chuffed.

Posts: 67474 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Top stuff guys!! dancing

A day spent in the bush is a day added to your life
Hunt Australia - Website
Hunt Australia - Facebook
Hunt Australia - TV

Posts: 4456 | Location: Australia | Registered: 23 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of L. David Keith
posted Hide Post
We hunt vicariously via your reports and photo's Saeed. Thank you!

Gray Ghost Hunting Safaris
http://grayghostsafaris.com Phone: 615-860-4333
Email: hunts@grayghostsafaris.com
NRA Benefactor
DSC Professional Member
SCI Member
RMEF Life Member
NWTF Guardian Life Sponsor
NAHC Life Member
Rowland Ward - SCI Scorer
Took the wife the Eastern Cape for her first hunt:
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6881000262
Hunting in the Stormberg, Winterberg and Hankey Mountains of the Eastern Cape 2018
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4801073142
Hunting the Eastern Cape, RSA May 22nd - June 15th 2007
http://forums.accuratereloadin...=810104007#810104007
16 Days in Zimbabwe: Leopard, plains game, fowl and more:
http://forums.accuratereloadin...=212108409#212108409
Natal: Rhino, Croc, Nyala, Bushbuck and more
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6341092311
Recent hunt in the Eastern Cape, August 2010: Pics added
http://forums.accuratereloadin...261039941#9261039941
10 days in the Stormberg Mountains
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7781081322
Back in the Stormberg Mountains with friends: May-June 2017
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6001078232

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading" - Thomas Jefferson

Every morning the Zebra wakes up knowing it must outrun the fastest Lion if it wants to stay alive. Every morning the Lion wakes up knowing it must outrun the slowest Zebra or it will starve. It makes no difference if you are a Zebra or a Lion; when the Sun comes up in Africa, you must wake up running......

"If you're being chased by a Lion, you don't have to be faster than the Lion, you just have to be faster than the person next to you."

Posts: 6805 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of talentrec
posted Hide Post
Who gave Walter the boomarang? That just seems like a recipe for stitches for someone!

Posts: 809 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Tony:

Congrats man! Better than shooting one myself. Let's have some pics.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7575 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post

Administrator
posted Hide Post

Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Thanks John. Saeeds in charge of the pictures mate. I'm flat out trying to work the camera let alone uploading pictures rotflmo

------------------------------
A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 7996 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post

Administrator
posted Hide Post
I am trying to convey the safari to you in pictures, but I am sure there some of might wish to know some information.

So please post any questions you wish me to answer, and I will be happy to do so.

Just had dinner - kongoni casserole - and we plan to leave camp by six tomorrow for another adventure.

One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
The best yet. So much fun to go along to Tanzania for the cost of an internet connection.

one of us
Picture of Blacktailer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BaxterB:
The best yet. So much fun to go along to Tanzania for the cost of an internet connection.

Yes indeed!
Saeed,
What block are you hunting?

Have gun- Will travel
The value of a trophy is computed directly in terms of personal investment in its acquisition. Robert Ruark

Posts: 3829 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of gryphon1
posted Hide Post
Geez Bakesy you are on a roll there with the daily double.

I love the dragonfly pic too.

The oxpeckers seem to have been lazy on the ticks.

Posts: 87 | Location: Victoria Australia | Registered: 07 September 2002

One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Outstanding report so far! tu2 (And, as usual!) Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Can't you come up with some tick repellent for Walter? and why do you have to keep showing us his balls??? stir

Posts: 4214 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: 09 October 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Tony:

Did you shoot a buff double? Man all you guys are on a roll...like the wild wild west.

Posts: 7575 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of gryphon1
posted Hide Post
Ha ha very funny re the ticks.

Saeed perhaps Mr Bakes would like to be introduced to the T Rex....on video of course....in fact I`m sure fellow AR members would enjoy this...life wasnt meant to be easy TB!

Posts: 87 | Location: Victoria Australia | Registered: 07 September 2002

one of us
posted Hide Post
Great photos. Looks a lot like LU2?

Bull1

Posts: 405 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: 25 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The lunch photos always take me back. Not that I am a big fan of lunch, but lunch in Africa is like nowhere else.

One of Us
Picture of samir
posted Hide Post
Shoot straight. Great pic of the ball sack. tu2

DRSS
Searcy 470 NE

Posts: 1430 | Location: San Diego | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Where do you buy the Bladetech Accurate Reloading knives? I want one. I wonder if Will has any for sale yet!

Posts: 3073 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: 11 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
I am trying to convey the safari to you in pictures, but I am sure there some of might wish to know some information.

So please post any questions you wish me to answer, and I will be happy to do so.

Just had dinner - kongoni casserole - and we plan to leave camp by six tomorrow for another adventure.

Saeed,
Thank you for all the wonderful pics and background up to this point, I'm curious as who shot the hippo. Was it taken on land and what caliber rifle was used?

Posts: 55 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 28 October 2012Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Tony did shoot the T.Rex, and it was very funny.

No hippos have been shot yet.

Those photos are of live hippos we found sleeping in the forest.

A bit warm last night, slept without cover.

It is 5 in the morning, and I can hear lions far far away, and some horrible noise coming from Walter's tent rotflmo

Walter is staying behind this morning, as he is charged by preparing a BBQ!

One of Us
Picture of Ropati
posted Hide Post
Those ticks on the scrotum are giving me the heebie-jeebies!

Posts: 168 | Location: Albuquerque, NM | Registered: 07 July 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
hopefully the horrible noise wasn't Tony.. dancing

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13246 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by talentrec:
Who gave Walter the boomarang? That just seems like a recipe for stitches for someone!

yuck

Posts: 28032 | Location: KY | Registered: 09 December 2001Reply With Quote