Login/Join

one of us
posted Hide Post
Aaron..........you suck!!!

Yes I'm jealous.

Howard
Moses Lake, Washington USA
hwhomes@outlook.com

Posts: 2339 | Location: Moses Lake WA | Registered: 17 October 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Aaron - Congrats, those are really great bulls no matter where they came from. Didn't realize that Colorado had that quality of bulls. You always hear about "they have lots of bulls, but not really big ones". I guess the management program you guys have up there is starting to pay off?

I wonder if MS hunts elk here in the States? Would be interesting if he would expound on his Stateside hunting adventures sometime.

Larry Sellers
SCI Life Member

Posts: 3460 | Location: Jemez Mountains, New Mexico | Registered: 09 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aaron Neilson:

2009 Colorado - 363" B&C

2009 Arizona - 380" B&C

2008 Colorado - 384"

The end of the left beam on that 3rd bull is freaky! VERY NICE!!

Thanks for the pics.

Btw... where did the Mark Sullivan thread go!? Confused

Posts: 828 | Location: Whitecourt, Alberta | Registered: 10 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of peterdk
posted Hide Post
Aaron

those are some beautyful hatracks you got yourself there, congratulations

best

peter

Posts: 1336 | Location: denmark | Registered: 01 September 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:

Some of us cannot put members on ignore.
And for that we have to suffer all the silly personal arguments. Which really have no reason to be started in the first place.

Saeed why not just go back up the posts to where the subject turned away from "OPEN LETTER FROM MARK SULLIVAN" and simply move the rest to a thread all it's own. A good title would be

"Kangaroo court's X-files" Big Grin

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Where is Mark Sullivan? He opened this theater.
Bob

Bob

DRSS
DSC
SCI
NRA & ISRA

Posts: 551 | Location: Northern Illinois,US | Registered: 13 May 2010Reply With Quote
Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bobgrow:
Where is Mark Sullivan? He opened this theater.
Bob

He is on safari as he stated in his post.

"Ignorance you can correct, you can't fix stupid." JWP

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming.

Semper Fidelis

"Building Carpal Tunnel one round at a time"

Posts: 13440 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 10 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MacD37:
quote:

Some of us cannot put members on ignore.
And for that we have to suffer all the silly personal arguments. Which really have no reason to be started in the first place.

Saeed why not just go back up the posts to where the subject turned away from "OPEN LETTER FROM MARK SULLIVAN" and simply move the rest to a thread all it's own. A good title would be

"Kangaroo court's X-files" Big Grin

Mac, you have always been the voice of reason and knowledge (especially on double rifles) on these forums and your comments are always constructive, well thought out and clearly based on years of experience.

I can see that you would find this thread a bit tedious, whilst others find it entertaining, but, as you have often said, "whatever floats your boat".

Boys will be boys and a bit of verbal biffo never hurt anyone.

Quite frankly I think it would be a tad boring if we all "loved each other".

If someone pops his head up with a dumb comment, there are some folks who will always take a swing at it, myself included. I hope that never changes.

Meanwhile I will continue to read all your posts with interest, you have a great deal to offer these forums.

Cheers, John. beer

One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Larry Sellers:
I wonder if MS hunts elk here in the States? Would be interesting if he would expound on his Stateside hunting adventures sometime.

I know he guides in Alaska from time to time. Not sure about anything else.

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

Rhyme of the Sheep Hunter
May fordings never be too deep, And alders not too thick; May rock slides never be too steep And ridges not too slick.
And may your bullets shoot as swell As Fred Bear's arrow's flew; And may your nose work just as well As Jack O'Connor's too.
May winds be never at your tail When stalking down the steep; May bears be never on your trail When packing out your sheep.
May the hundred pounds upon you Not make you break or trip; And may the plane in which you flew Await you at the strip.
-Seth Peterson

Posts: 4551 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 21 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This has been a most entertaining thread. Someone PM'ed me and said "did you actually say that? All we saw was a supposed quote from a PM you supposedly sent someone".

At this point, does it matter.

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Idaho Sharpshooter:
This has been a most entertaining thread. Someone PM'ed me and said "did you actually say that? All we saw was a supposed quote from a PM you supposedly sent someone".

At this point, does it matter.

Rich

Yeah, certain things do matter to me. I am a Vietnam Veteran and I have little use for guys who embellish their service.

Three tours of duty in Vietnam:

http://forums.accuratereloadin...591000721#9591000721

25 months and 10 days in Vietnam:

http://forums.accuratereloadin...043/m/2221009731/p/8

IIRC, at one time you claimed four tours, or was it six? Care to explain the discrepancies?

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Okay.

My Father was eighty-deuce in WWII. Glider in the Normandy Invasion. Crazy man. I graduate from HS and go off to play college football. I pay a lot more attention to girls and drinking than I do class. Last game of the season, I break my upper arm bone grabbing an interception. Football is over, and I find out I have to start going to class now. Shit! After Christmas, they put me on scholastic probation. I get a stupid attack, and drop out of school. I go home, loaf around the farm for three months, and in a moment of insanity I go down and enlist in the Army. I tell the recruiter about my Father and ask him how to one-up the old man. He says Army Rangers or Green Berets. I opt for the Rangers.

I arrive in RVN on August 3rd of 1969. Cam Ranh Bay. I head up to Chu Lai and am assigned to the 23rd Infantry Division. At that time they have changed the LRRP company, E 51st, to Co/G 75th Inf (abn). The Ranger company assigned to the Americal. If you were in Chu Lai, you will remember the 100ft rappelling tower just south of the repo depot on the beach...? That was our location.

Anyway,

Do you remember that when you got close to the end of your first year tour, they offered to let you extend six months? Gave you a free thirty day "basket" leave that did not count off your thirty days? I took them up on that. About four months later, they offered me another six month extension. They also split the Americal up in the early, early spring of 1971. The Americal is the largest division in 'nam. Three full brigades of Infantry. The war is winding down, and the largest brigade, the 196th (aka "the Burning Worm", goes to Danang. They added a Co2/Co G due to the influx of rangers from Big Red One and Tropic Lightning stepping down. We have 84 field ops. I get assigned to Company 2, and we go to Danang. We take over the First Marine Recon's AO and quarters. Right across the bay from that big friggin' Buddha they were building on the south side of the bay. I also, based on tall and muscled up a little, get one of the very first M-203's in the country. Only Puff is less fun to dance with than me!!

Got my second free leave, went home, and came back. We are now up to two years, aren't we? I am due to ETS in May of 1972.

Using my math, I have done:
One one year tour.
One six month extension (2nd tour)
Another six month extension (3rd tour)

Here's the tricky part, stay with me.
I take a third six month extension. That would be my fourth tour. That will run me from late August of 1971 thru late February of 1972 and home free.

That will be my 4th tour of duty, by the United States Army's calculations.

The middle of September, 1971 (the 13th) I get hurt, and they ship me to Ft Carson to the hospital there. Talk about screwed; I go from the 130+ degree heat just before monsoons to below freezing in Colorado Springs. Three days before Christmas I get the early Police Drop. I live near St Louis, so with my three choices I list St Louis, Chicago, and KC. They send my ass to Washington, DC. I got paid for ninety-three days of accrued leave. E-6 over three.

I would rather not talk about the DC PD experiences.

Now everyone knows me, let's talk about you. Care to compare stories or in-country histories? Want to talk about a little side work I put in with CCN? Ever hear of Ly Tin, or Quang Ngai, or the Hai Vanh Pass? Or the Au Shau or Antenna Valleys? I wish they'd given us a passport. I'd have had it stamped for Laos, and Thailand, and North Vietnam.

August 3rd, 1969, to September 13th of 1971. Twenty-five months and ten days.

Sua Sponte...

Rich
Co G and Co2/Companies
US Army Rangers

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
killpc killpc killpc killpc

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

May fordings never be too deep, And alders not too thick; May rock slides never be too steep And ridges not too slick.
And may your bullets shoot as swell As Fred Bear's arrow's flew; And may your nose work just as well As Jack O'Connor's too.
May winds be never at your tail When stalking down the steep; May bears be never on your trail When packing out your sheep.
May the hundred pounds upon you Not make you break or trip; And may the plane in which you flew Await you at the strip.
-Seth Peterson

One of Us
Picture of zimFrosty
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brett Adam Barringer:
killpc killpc killpc killpc

Brett

tu2
and a partridge in a pear tree...... old

Posts: 459 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 11 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
somebody please kill this thread Dam it has been here long enough that it eligible to vote enough is enough please let it die Mad Mad

Posts: 3818 | Location: kenya, tanzania,RSA,Uganda or Ethophia depending on day of the week | Registered: 27 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
ddrhook,

he asked, I answered.

Do you not have the intestinal fortitude to not look and respond? If a thread irritates you, just walk on by and ignore it.

You have to make the conscious decision, every time, to sort thru the several hundred threads here and look for my responses.

No offense, but this is the type of thing that baffles me. Checking every thread, every day, for posts I have made is not mandatory.

IF you do not care for what I have to say here; save yourself from IBS and place me on ignore. It really is that simple...

regards,

Rich

One of Us
posted Hide Post
horse horse horse horse horse horse horse horse horse horse horse

Posts: 3818 | Location: kenya, tanzania,RSA,Uganda or Ethophia depending on day of the week | Registered: 27 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
USMC
I Corps
22 May 1970 - 13 April 1971

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
ddr,

what, are you twelve or something? If you don't like me, don't look! You didn't get the Thread Monitor job, so you have to go back to just being like the rest of us.

Craigster asked me a specific question. I answered him, and the answer must be satisfactory or he would be wanting a continuing discussion. I doubt you served, so stick to things you have some experience with or knowledge of.

Find something else to do with your spare time.

regards,

Rich

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
:hammeri horse bsflag ng: killpc

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13400 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I don't often find myself agreeing with ISS (the best one yet is his record on elk) but I have to agree with him here. No one forces you open and read a thread. Why does it bother you?

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7577 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
jdollar,

I take it you never served either.

Rich
Veteran

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hey idaho coming from a guy who served in a diff't generation, did being able to smoke weed while in country take the edge off?

Posts: 167 | Location: Mckinney, TX | Registered: 15 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
August 3rd, 1969, to September 13th of 1971. Twenty-five months and ten days.

quote:
Four years was enough US Army for me.

diggin

Posts: 73 | Location: Eastern Cape, South Africa | Registered: 10 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
With the new DVD naming contest underway, it certainly made me think about this thread.

A classic. Big Grin

Posts: 2163 | Registered: 13 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scottyboy:
With the new DVD naming contest underway, it certainly made me think about this thread.

A classic. Big Grin

Perhaps Rich will chime in about his military carrier....... Roll Eyes

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

-Seth Peterson

one of us
Picture of buckeyeshooter
posted Hide Post
So, who is this Mark Sullivan guy???? Roll Eyes space

Posts: 5713 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Welcome aboard Mark,
While I have only taken 3 buffalo, I feel it is my duty to cleanly kill the animal and make it's death as clean, quick and painless as possible. Things don't always work that way but I feel that it is MY responsibility to finish off the animal that I wounded. I haven't faced the charges that you have and don't want to. It doesn't bother me to finish off the animal from 20 or 30 yards. I have had 2 charges in 3 buffalo, One because of poor shooting and the other because, while the buffalo was dead on his feet, he didn't appear to know it. They do take a lot of killing to put them down sometimes. I have also always asked my PH not to shoot unless someone's life is in danger and they have always been ready but have not had to help me. I shoot my DG rifles so that I become familiar with them and can make my shot as accurately as possible. I also am not afraid of my rifles.
While I don't agree with the style you enjoy, it is not my place to judge your job. Each to their own.
As I said, welcome aboard.
Rick Taylor

Posts: 4214 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: 09 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LionHunter
posted Hide Post
Did this thread REALLY need to be resurrected? Confused Somehow, I think not.

Semper Fi

Mike
NRA Life
Sables Life
Mzuri
IPHA

"To be a Marine is enough."

Posts: 3577 | Location: Silicon Valley | Registered: 19 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwana338
posted Hide Post
This is a thread that is a -- either or

Either you like it...

Or you do not like it...

The thing that Mark does th is salesmanship... he has a style of DVD that he wants to produce to make a profit. You either like it or you don't..

Also PH'S do not get rich in the profession and in Tanzania the hunting season is really short for Africa. This is a product that he knows will sell and while his DVD are action packed, he leaves the tracking and other items out to provide film footage that will be spell binding...

When you watch the DVD you will observe hunters that are not always good shots.

Anyway what about the PH's that have been on 2 to 5 day tracking jobs to finish off a wounded animal and this year we have had PH's killed and shot by clients in the followup process...

Gun safety is always on Marks mind in the DVD as he wants the hunter in a specific spot so that he know where they are...

I think a Safari with Mark Sullivan would be a learning experience...

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"You've got the strongest hand in the world. That's right. Your hand. The hand that marks the ballot. The hand that pulls the voting lever. Use it, will you" John Wayne

Posts: 1626 | Location: West River at Heart | Registered: 08 April 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scottyboy:

A classic. Big Grin

Perhaps a classic, but not even close to the Llamapacker, "Nixon stole my travelers checks and then presented them for payment" thread. "PS: he is a crook; don't hunt with him."

Other guys go on to shoot monster elephants. Nixon is doing better than ever, even though he got ripped off by a slime ball.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7577 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
Gents:
To refresh, here is the letter Mark wrote to AR. His demeanor is far more gentlemanly than those who are on the look for blood.
Cheers,
Cal

Cal Pappas, Willow, Alaska
www.CalPappas.com
www.CalPappas.blogspot.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
1999 Namibia, Botswana, Zambia--vacation
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa
2021 South Africa (2nd hunt a month later)

Posts: 7281 | Location: Willow, Alaska | Registered: 29 June 2009Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Cal,

In his post, Mark states:

I have never tried or wanted to be a disruptive influence.
How come both DSC and SCI kicked him out?

I do not hunt for the camera or to show off. I do not brag or boast.
You could have fooled me there.

There he goes again, bringing the word hate into it. Why so many people hate me and my movies.

I love the confrontation. I seek it. I enjoy a fight to the death.
I have 15 year old kids who come and shoot here who are more than capable of standing and waiting for a buffalo to get up and kill it as it charges.
He wants to show how brave he is, leave that double behind.

I do not like killing!
How come you kill all these clients animals then?

I could go on and on.

Only an individiual who is so obsessed with himself would write such rubbish.

Does he really think that all of us hunters are so stupid not to see through his self serving letter he posted here?

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68685 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Cal,

In his post, Mark states:

I have never tried or wanted to be a disruptive influence.
How come both DSC and SCI kicked him out?

I do not hunt for the camera or to show off. I do not brag or boast.
You could have fooled me there.

There he goes again, bringing the word hate into it. Why so many people hate me and my movies.

I love the confrontation. I seek it. I enjoy a fight to the death.
I have 15 year old kids who come and shoot here who are more than capable of standing and waiting for a buffalo to get up and kill it as it charges.
He wants to show how brave he is, leave that double behind.

I do not like killing!
How come you kill all these clients animals then?

I could go on and on.

Only an individiual who is so obsessed with himself would write such rubbish.

Does he really think that all of us hunters are so stupid not to see through his self serving letter he posted here?

I could not believe MS wrote that I mean really I think that Letter is Offensive.

Posts: 80 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 12 March 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am trying to be polite here, but I cannot for the life of me see MS as anything but a big narcissist...

Posts: 3974 | Location: Vell, I yust dont know.. | Registered: 27 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
tu2

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13400 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ExpressYourself
posted Hide Post
Thanks for bumping that letter Cal. I remember very well when Mark posted this open letter and greatly enjoyed the comments, queries, courteous debate, as well as the emotive based tirades from the regulars.

Cheers,
Shawn

Shawn Joyce
Diizche Safari Adventures
P.O. Box 1445
Lincoln, CA 95648
E-mail: shawn.joyce@diizchesafariadventures.net
Cell: (916) 804-3318

Shoot Straight, Live the Dream, and Keep Turning the Pages to Your Next Adventure!™
Website- www.DiizcheSafariAdventures.com
Blog- http://diizchesafari.blogspot.com/
Twitter- http://twitter.com/DiizcheSafari
YouTube- http://www.youtube.com/user/shawncjoyce
Facebook- http://on.fb.me/gYytdn
Instagram: diizchesafari_official

Posts: 874 | Location: Northern CA | Registered: 24 January 2010Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
I've never seen a MS DVD and didn't see this letter when it was first posted but I have to say MS seems like a bit of a wanka to me and that's just what he said in his open letter. I mean things like this

"If I fail to kill, I die" Roll Eyes

"I do not like killing. I do like hunting—there is a difference. Anyone can kill a wounded Cape buffalo standing his ground 40 yards away" Sorry but hunting is finding the animal, stalking it without it knowing you are there. The moment you pull that trigger and hit it with a projectile you are killing.

" I pursue my buffalo immediately, every time. I do not want to find him dead. I want him alive. I want him to charge to his death or mine should I fail to stop him. Killing is boring" Roll Eyes Who talks like that?
Don't like the killing? then just sneek up on a healthy buff and slap it on the arse. That won't be boring. My god your a tosser rotflmo

------------------------------
A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 8034 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
I see that SDS (Sullivan Derangement Syndrome) is clearly a world-wide epidemic....

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
Cogswell & Harrison 375 Fl NE
Sabatti Big Five 375 FL Magnum NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7149 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
jorge,

We are laughing at this deranged idiot who thinks he is the last word in African hunting rotflmo

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68685 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote