New
Find
Notify
Tools

An Open Letter from Mark Sullivan
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mark, I just finished watching Use Enough Death; excellent, as usual.

The buff' that you guys followed up, trying to see if it would charge, was interesting. That buffalo ran off each time it was confronted.

A repeat customer, Jim.

Posts: 828 | Location: Whitecourt, Alberta | Registered: 10 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
jorge,

We are laughing at this deranged idiot who thinks he is the last word in African hunting rotflmo

The loudest chuckle is coming from the one who is laughing all the way to the bank from the sale of DVDs and safaris booked.

Saeed has unwittingly become the absolute best, without a doubt, undisputed, No. 1 Sponsor and Promoter of Mark Sullivan DVDs and Safaris! I mean, who does a better job of keeping the Sullivan name and controversy alive and raging? Exactly the thing a controversial figure benefits from the most ... more controversy!!

animal animal animal animal animal animal

Now that's funny right there; don't care who ya R!!

One of Us
Picture of Maximus Brutus
posted Hide Post
I am in Germany right now and had dinner with Mark Sullivan last night.

All I can say is Saeed, he is very grateful indeed for the ongoing publicity you give him Big Grin

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Maximus Brutus:

All I can say is Saeed, he is very grateful indeed for the ongoing publicity you give him Big Grin

Tell him it is my pleasure.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67280 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
Gents:
From last night's count (Alaska time):

Thread on Saeed's DVDs: 47 posts and 1087 views.

The currently running threads (5) on MS: 917 posts and 42,863 views.

And a question. Is it possible to find out who on AR has made the most posts about MS for the currently running 5 threads on him?

No conclusions here, just numbers.
Cheers, gentlemen.
Cal

Cal Pappas, Willow, Alaska
www.CalPappas.com
www.CalPappas.blogspot.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
1999 Namibia, Botswana, Zambia--vacation
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa
2021 South Africa (2nd hunt a month later)

Posts: 7281 | Location: Willow, Alaska | Registered: 29 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
"Tell him it is my pleasure".Wow completely nuts.You hate the guy but its your pleasure..

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Has anyone ever heard why he was banned by SCI?

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3507 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
Because SCI, the spineless, PC self-absorbing organization they are, were shocked, shocked I tell you that there was gambling going on at this establishment! er I mean there were animals being shot on his videos...

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
Cogswell & Harrison 375 Fl NE
Sabatti Big Five 375 FL Magnum NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7145 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jorge:
Because SCI, the spineless, PC self-absorbing organization they are, were shocked, shocked I tell you that there was gambling going on at this establishment! er I mean there were animals being shot on his videos...

Why did DSC ban him?

Posts: 67280 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of A.Dahlgren
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lhook7:

I have asked it many times why DSC and SCI banned him but no answer? Do anyone know?

Posts: 2637 | Location: North | Registered: 24 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:

How did you decide who paid the bill?

Sorry I could not resist that and hope you both had an enjoyable evening.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9882 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fairgame:
quote:

How did you decide who paid the bill?

Sorry I could not resist that and hope you both had an enjoyable evening.

Sounds like a regular Bro-mance....

Posts: 2857 | Location: FL | Registered: 18 September 2007Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
The bill decides how it wants to be paid!

------------------------------
A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 7987 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
This thread is a classic. ISS's claim on elk still takes the cake...still waiting on the pictures of those 28 350 bulls so I can sign off AR forever...

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7573 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grenadier
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by A.Dahlgren:
quote:
Originally posted by Lhook7:

I have asked it many times why DSC and SCI banned him but no answer? Do anyone know?

In my opinion he was banned because of the Green-Eyed Monster. Nothing more and nothing less.

People continually complain about his ego. Who cares about someone's ego? If that really mattered then SCI needs to ban half of its members.

People who didn't hunt with him complained about his methods. But those who did said good things and were repeat customers.

People didn't like the fact that he made and promoted videos. Some say the same about Craig Bodington. So what? They are making money and not hurting anyone. Did Bell make money off of his books? Corbett? Capstick? Russel Annabel? And what about John Wootters, Bill Jordan, Rick Jameson, etc., etc.....? They all promoted themselves in various ways to sell what they wrote. People buy Sullivan's videos for entertainment and they sell well because they are entertaining.

Other outfitters and professional hunters condemn him. They may not have liked his methods but he was a great success at what he did. And, when it comes to professional hunters, Mark Sullivan wasn't the only one guilty of braggadocio.

Green-Eyed Monster. Nothing more and nothing less.

Posts: 10900 | Location: North of the Columbia | Registered: 28 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of PD999
posted Hide Post
As this is one of the recent topics which mentions MS, and has not been moved overnight elsewhere, I will post what I have written in the moved topics, which are now in the "Miscellaneous" part of the "Other Topics" section:

So why did this topic (and other related topics over Mark Sullivan) get moved secretly, during the night, from the "African Big Game Hunting" section, into the "Other Topics: Miscellaneous Topics" section?

I have been quite saddened that these threads had degenerated into what can only be described as internet bullying. I realize that censorship is not ideal, but felt that at times, those in charge were actually fueling the fire.

AR members will wonder where these topics went, if they didn't already have them in their Favourites Folder.
Dear Saeed and Moderators, we would value your input please.

Peter

I believe this type of action is what is leading to the loss of the best contributors on AR, a real shame.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition” ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 1231 | Location: London, UK | Registered: 02 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of PD999
posted Hide Post
Saeed has replied in the "AR losing the best contributors" thread; thanks Saeed.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition” ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 1231 | Location: London, UK | Registered: 02 April 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Antlers
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AnotherAZWriter:
This thread is a classic. ISS's claim on elk still takes the cake...still waiting on the pictures of those 28 350 bulls so I can sign off AR forever...

What?! Get out...animal he didn't really say that!

Antlers
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Heym 450/400 3"

Posts: 1990 | Location: AL | Registered: 13 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aaron Neilson:
quote:
Originally posted by Idaho Sharpshooter:
So, if I posted pictures; will you then claim that they do not all look like they will score at least 350? Or will it be that I did not keep the racks with my tags on them? Or that I need to post closeups so you can make sure my name and the year are readable? I sell them to a gentleman who comes thru the valley every late fall and buys them for several dollars a pound. There's no pleasing a few of you. Save it for Reno, we can chat then and there.

This is like me asking one of you if you have any nude pictures of your wife. Then asking you if you want to buy some.

Pictures, heck I don't even have any pictures of my ex-wife.

I will confess, that I finally put someone on ignore. Even Busheler was unable to elicit that response. But, AN did. I think he averaged four PMs a day to me for the last month.

Rich

First off Rich, we know you don't have the pictures, cause it never, ever happened. Secondly, if I sent you 4 PM's a day for the past month that would be roughly 120 PM's, correct? Well please feel free to post just 12 PM's to you, from me in the past month. That's only 10% of your claim, but we both know that won't happen either, cause I did no such thing. Honestly Rich, do you ever tell the truth?

Hard to discern from ISS...

Posts: 10256 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wow, what a thread! Thanks sorta for resurrecting it.

I actually feel very sorry for Mark. How could the most experienced dangerous game PH in modern history have the worst shooting clients in the history of hunting? If I were Mark, I would send every one of my clients to a PH shooting school before they were allowed into the bush with me. Wow they suck.

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Opus1:
Wow, what a thread! Thanks sorta for resurrecting it.

I actually feel very sorry for Mark. How could the most experienced dangerous game PH in modern history have the worst shooting clients in the history of hunting? If I were Mark, I would send every one of my clients to a PH shooting school before they were allowed into the bush with me. Wow they suck.

You might have missed the point.

Hunters who like to shoot their own animals avoid him like the plague rotflmo

Those who are not too confident of their own shooting ability hunt with him.

Knowing full well he will kill their animals for them, and get his few minutes of glory clap

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well, that's about the only explanation left. I know many of the old school PH's who were with the Zim Parks Board back in the day (80's) who shot thousands of buff a year. None of them ever talk about the armored plated buff, or the buff that rose from the dead, or even the cursed zombie buff that simply could not die.

Nope, buff die about as easily as a Duiker assuming proper shot placement the first time. Now Gemsbok on the other hand... oh my hat...

I can say Mark is one hell of a shot on charging animals, but then again he has more experience with that than 40 dangerous game PHs combined. He should stop selling videos and open a school and do something useful with all his experience. Seems kinda selfish that he's not sharing, but I suppose there would be a lot more dead clients out there in the bush if he quit guiding.

I do have a question for Mark's clients - When you go to mount your trophy, do you put a little plaque under it with "Shot By Me & Mark Sullivan"?

coffee

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
He should stop selling videos and open a school and do something useful with all his experience.

I bet there's more money in videos than there is in a shooting school. But then again, there would probably be a long list of folks wanting to have him teach them.

LORD, let my bullets go where my crosshairs show.
Not all who wander are lost.
NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

Posts: 2786 | Location: Northeast Louisianna | Registered: 06 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Actually he could combine all three:

Have the client pay for the hunt. The clients gets to wound the buff, then the student PH gets to practice on the charging buff while Mark shouts instructions and videos the entire encounter.

It's a win, win, win. The client gets a trophy, the student PH begins to learn how to make a buff charge, and Mark makes more money.

Hummmm, does Mark have a business advisor???

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Actually he could combine all three:Have the client pay for the hunt. The clients gets to wound the buff, then the student PH gets to practice on the charging buff while Mark shouts instructions and videos the entire encounter. It's a win, win, win. The client gets a trophy, the student PH begins to learn how to make a buff charge, and Mark makes more money.

By golly! I think you've got it.
Now, what do we title the video?

LORD, let my bullets go where my crosshairs show.
Not all who wander are lost.
NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

Posts: 2786 | Location: Northeast Louisianna | Registered: 06 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Morons At My Feet?

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Opus1:
Morons At My Feet?

There is another, more suitable term, for this, but I won't say it rotflmo

Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
quote:
There is another, more suitable term, for this, but I won't say it

Go on...you know you want to Wink

A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 7987 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bakes:
quote:
There is another, more suitable term, for this, but I won't say it

Go on...you know you want to Wink

No Tony I won't say it.

It involves wives and husbands wanting other men to do what they should be doing with them. rotflmo

A perfect analogy to describe those who hunt with him clap

Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Ah I get the picture rotflmo