Tools

The World of Custom Actions
 Login/Join

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 22WRF:
Howard

People are still out their money for now. But the difference is that Stuart has not said that he is going to walk away from these orders. That is the big difference.

Jeez Blue how can someone smart enough to get through law school be so dense when it comes to real life issues? What does it matter that Satterlee hasn't said he is going to walk away. Do you honestly expect him to state it even if it was his intention? Regardless of what he says again, typing slowly here to help you comprehend..........the issue is his lack of honesty...........as has been proven over and over again by his broken promises and misleading statements regarding delivery times and progress.

Howard
Moses Lake, Washington USA
hwhomes@outlook.com

Posts: 2339 | Location: Moses Lake WA | Registered: 17 October 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of dempsey
posted Hide Post
22wrf, give it up. You're making a complete fool of yourself. However, next time you want to post something in the classifieds, regardless of what it is, just ship it directly to me. I'll be sure to pay you later...........

Posts: 6205 | Location: Cascade, MT | Registered: 12 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Howard

Yea, it seems like they just let anybody into law school these days doesn't it?

One thing that I did get out of it was that you aren't going to get anywhere without having one disinterested Judge to rule on the evidence. Here, we have 30 or 40 judges, many who are interested, ruling on the evidence.

Another thing I learned, that I tell clients everyday, is that no matter how much you want to, going to court isn't going to change what happened yesterday. All its going to do is maybe change what might happen tommorow.

No great success every came without a lot of bumps in the road.

Dempsey

Thanks for looking out for me. I appreciate it.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Howard

Yea, it seems like they just let anybody into law school these days doesn't it?

One thing that I did get out of it was that you aren't going to get anywhere without having one disinterested Judge to rule on the evidence. Here, we have 30 or 40 judges, many who are interested, ruling on the evidence.

Another thing I learned, that I tell clients everyday, is that no matter how much you want to, going to court isn't going to change what happened yesterday. All its going to do is maybe change what might happen tommorow.

No great success every came without a lot of bumps in the road.

I don't think anyone is ruling on anything. The way I read it several people who have trusted him with money have pointed out that he failed to deliver. I feel this is a nice thing to do as it will keep people like me from sending our money down the same hole.

Speaking of money refunds were promised to go out on the 8th. The should have been received by now.

Howard
hwhomes@outlook.com

Posts: 2339 | Location: Moses Lake WA | Registered: 17 October 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
22wrf, give it up. You're making a complete fool of yourself

again and again and again and again, the only time ol'blue doesn't make a fool of himself is when his mouth is closed or he's not typing.

It's no wonder the only legal cases he has are for the low income................ol'blue-STFU

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ol'Jimmyd223

I would like to continue this, but I have to be over at the Minnesota Court of Appeals for a hearing at 12.40 p.m. Lots of money involved. Big Grin

one of us
Picture of dempsey
posted Hide Post
22wrf, I'm not looking out for you and I'm not giving you shit just for the sake of it like many here are doing. I'm simply calling it like it is and what it is IS SO SIMPLE. You buy a product you expect the product, you sell a product you expect to be paid for the product. If you have a client who is several years behind on payment do you continue to represent them?

Posts: 6205 | Location: Cascade, MT | Registered: 12 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Howard:

Speaking of money refunds were promised to go out on the 8th. The should have been received by now.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ForrestB
posted Hide Post
Satterlee had his wife call me to say that my refund was mailed on Feb 11.

Posts: 5052 | Location: Muletown | Registered: 07 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Timan
posted Hide Post
Deposits have been returned, ceritified priority mail.
This business is far from over. Some here think this is my ruin. I see it as starting point for better customer service.
We are getting a full fourth axis for our machining center which will allow faster production of the bolt and receiver.
All that feel wronged here please accept my apologies.
I will be fucusing my attention to timely high quality deliveries.
from now on my goal is a Great gun on time.
Sincerly
Stuart Satterlee

Posts: 1228 | Location: Satterlee Arms 1-605-584-2189 | Registered: 12 November 2005Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Timan:
This business is far from over. Some here think this is my ruin. I see it as starting point for better customer service.
We are getting a full fourth axis for our machining center which will allow faster production of the bolt and receiver.
Sincerly
Stuart Satterlee

Stuart,

This is the best answer I have seen from you so far, and I for one wish you the best of luck.

Regardless of how good your products are, only satisfied customers can make your business prosper.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68792 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Sincerly
Stuart Satterlee

Stuart, A very good post and hoping you get things back on track.

One of Us
Picture of FAST996
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
quote:
Sincerly
Stuart Satterlee

Stuart,

This is the best answer I have seen from you so far, and I for one wish you the best of luck.

Regardless of how good your products are, only satisfied customers can make your business prosper.

Saeed....Well said. Stuart ...a lesson has been learned...best of luck.

Roger D.

"A long life, and the good sense to live it." ...Quintis Arrius

375H&H,404J,416DAK,458AFR,416RIG,450RIG,505GIB

Avatar: Gregory Peck & Susan Hayward in Africa

NRA member

posted Hide Post
quote:
George

With all due respect, I don't see how you can be a moderator. You don't read posts carefully and clearly. You only see what you want to see.

If you would read what I had to say, I have repeatedly stated over and over again that I agreed that this is certainly all about bad business decisions, products paid for and not delivered, etc. I have stated that I would be pissed too if I was in the same position as some of these guys are in, including both makers who schedule time, and those who wanted to use a Satterlee action for their next big game hunt. Stuart has made some bad business decisions, one of which was to be undercapitalized. I recall a long time ago on this forum suggesting that he incorporate and build up some capital.

Nevertheless, if you would READ what I have said, I am just stating that many on here have taken this farther that it really is becasue the plain and simple fact of the matter is that Stuart has repeatedly stated that eventually he intends to make these orders good and pay back those who don't want their action anymore.

All I am saying, as a guy who has actually talked with Stuart, and emails with Stuart, along with a few others, is that I believe him.

First of all, I read all your posts, before you started deleting and editing them.

Second, my credentials as a moderator are not in dispute here, any more than yours as an attorney are. (Edited to remove a cheap shot - GS)

You tried on several occasions to blame the customers; you also attempted to ascribe intent on the parts of some based on comments made, and other comments NOT made.
The above might be construed as tortious interference, and could lead to sanctions if someone cared to make a case for it.

Finally, you attempted to embroil another party WHOLLY unrelated to this dispute.

(Edited to remove a cheap shot - GS)

The dispute is in the settlement phase now; don't ruin it for those involved.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
In my previous post i did say stuart would return deposits, his show is far from going under, the most unfortunate result is that some customers have been so soured by this experience that they droped the whole actions, which is understandable .
On the other hand this is the best thing to have happened to SATTERLEE ARMS , Stuart is going /is restructring his time schedule, which is going to be customer focused , meaning a product delived more or less on schedule, meaning more happy customers, and a happier AR GANG

Posts: 1488 | Location: AUSTRALIA | Registered: 07 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Sincerly
Stuart Satterlee

Good deal, I think all here hope it works out for you. I know I do.

Howard
hwhomes@outlook.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'd love to see some actual photos of the guns and actions that Satterlee has made and delivered, especially those in the last two years. Besides new guys 404 Jeffery I can't find a damn thing on the whole forum about anyone actually receiving anything.

Unless I'm missing something, it seems that Satterlee was able to produce a few protoype actions only.

Posts: 952 | Location: Mass | Registered: 14 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Stuart,
Good post. It seems you are grabbing your bootstraps and that is the first step. Good luck to you.

Chic Worthing
"Life is Too Short To Hunt With An Ugly Gun"
http://webpages.charter.net/cworthing/

Posts: 4917 | Location: Wenatchee, WA, USA | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Westpac
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Howard:
Jeez Blue how can someone smart enough to get through law school be so dense when it comes to real life issues?

Simple, he probably had someone else take the bar exams for him. But I believe it is really him who chases the ambulances. Big Grin

Posts: 3171 | Location: SLC, Utah | Registered: 23 February 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
GEOFF m24
there have been one or two made i think one was a complete 416 rigby

Posts: 1488 | Location: AUSTRALIA | Registered: 07 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great post Stuart! Start posting pictures of your progress. If you happen to get some to put on the shelf post an ad with next day shipping. Your rep will improve greatly. Good luck.

Posts: 1295 | Location: N.J | Registered: 16 October 2004Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by M 98:
DUANE
you are so right there, and it does not help the custom gun makers like you and many others , when a another "custom gun builder" like EMPIRE RIFLES owes SATTERLEE ARMS over $10,000 and refuses to pay up, and when they do it takes 6-8 mounths to pay and then its only a part payment
at present as im led to belive empire ownes another 3 companies substancial amount of $$$ and are not paying up!
put your self in stuarts situation you do the work , expect to get paid and then your not paid....how much stress would this put on your business???

again ,if only stuart had communicated with his customers ...again ,i say it ,i hope he learns
Daniel

quote:
Maybe its time to talk a little bit about Mr. George Sandman from Empire Rifles. He seems to be the one that is the crook here.
bsflag

quote:
from George Sandmann:

Would you be willing/able to add to the thread, right at the point where I am being called a crook,(George Sandmann) that you have checked in with me, that the allegation is unfounded, and that my direct line is 603.469.3152 if anyone has any questions?

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 39719 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
popcorn

This just keeps getting more interesting

Doug

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Maybe its time to talk a little bit about Mr. George Sandman from Empire Rifles. He seems to be the one that is the crook here.

On what do you base that statement?

Howard
hwhomes@outlook.com

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by M 98:
And now some of the true facts start to come out.

Saterlee did a bunch of work for Empire Rifles. Saterlee relies on that money coming in to support his family and his business. The money doesn't come in. Saterlee then needs to take more deposits than he should have taken in order to make up for lost revenue. And Saterlee gets terribly behind on his work.
Poor business decisions for sure, mostly because Stuart is probably undercapitalized and undermanned in his business. But surely not the crook that many here have painted him out to be.

Are you not the one talking about "truth" here. How do you know any of what you just alleged is true? bsflag

Howard
hwhomes@outlook.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
You know for WRF/ol'blue being a wannabe attorney, posting hearsay as truth makes one wonder.
I'm telling ya, the gene pool on ol'blues side is flat fucked up, he would have to study hard to improve to become a moran!!!!!!!!!!

one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
Some of you guy's really need to just let this go.

Terry

--------------------------------------------

Well, other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

Posts: 6315 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 18 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
quote:
He seems to be the one that is the crook here.

WRF/blue, you are such a prevaricating burlap bag full of cow manure!
bsflag

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Are you not the one talking about "truth" here. How do you know any of what you just alleged is true?

Ol'Howard

I don't know if its true. I did not state it as true. Nor did I allege it.

READ what I said. "MAYBE its time to talk about" is an inquiry asking for discussion of the allegation. He "SEEMS" means I am not sure from what I read and therefore I would like to hear more information about this allegation.

(Maybe - Perhaps, Possibly)
Websters New World Dictionary

(Seem - to appear to be, apparent, not actual)
Websters New world Dictionary

One of Us
Picture of Timan
posted Hide Post
Gentlemen, I have read your news the last few days. Leave Goerge Sandman out of this. If you
are upset with Stuart than fine. I have had enough of the Stone Throwing. I have quit my
job to help Stuart at our shop. I did this
the 1st of January before all this began. I will email and call for Stuart so he can continue his mechine work. Again I am sorry
for bad year. But it time to quit your throwing
Stones, Please, Please, Stop.

We will all press on. This is Our Fault the
action were not delivered on time. This has nothing to do With Empire. Leave Empire alone.
I was the owner of a Restraunt and Bar for several years for a Golf Course.
I have to pay my accounts before food, and liquor is delivered. There is not exceptions.
I no longer will be doing the Golf Course so
that I can do some of Stuarts work load.
You have punished him enough, by your words.
He has been a man about this. So, Do onto others that you would have done unto yourself.
Jacqi Satterlee

Posts: 1228 | Location: Satterlee Arms 1-605-584-2189 | Registered: 12 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Are you not the one talking about "truth" here. How do you know any of what you just alleged is true?

Ol'Howard

I don't know if its true. I did not state it as true. Nor did I allege it.

READ what I said. "MAYBE its time to talk about" is an inquiry asking for discussion of the allegation. He "SEEMS" means I am not sure from what I read and therefore I would like to hear more information about this allegation.

(Maybe - Perhaps, Possibly)
Websters New World Dictionary

(Seem - to appear to be, apparent, not actual)
Websters New world Dictionary

Yes but you prefaced your entire comments with the statement, "And now some of the true facts start to come out. " No maybes, perhaps or possibly to be found there. Roll Eyes

Howard
hwhomes@outlook.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Howard

I cannot disagree with that. I admit to a poor choice of words. I should have said, " And now some new evidence starts to come out."

My apologies.

Ms. Satterlee has asked that this be done.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Howard

I cannot disagree with that. I admit to a poor choice of words. I should have said, " And now some new evidence starts to come out."

My apologies.

Ms. Satterlee has asked that this be done.

Since when is maybe perhaps, or possibly or any other type of allegations admissible as evidence?

Good that you can admit to poor word choice.

Howard
hwhomes@outlook.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by M 98:
In my previous post i did say stuart would return deposits, his show is far from going under, the most unfortunate result is that some customers have been so soured by this experience that they droped the whole actions, which is understandable .
On the other hand this is the best thing to have happened to SATTERLEE ARMS , Stuart is going /is restructring his time schedule, which is going to be customer focused , meaning a product delived more or less on schedule, meaning more happy customers, and a happier AR GANG

M98,
it appears you seem more privi to what goes on in the Satterlee camp than most anyone else here, now tell us if you will, if the New structure SatterleeArms is now going to be customer focused, then what was its previous primary focus?bewildered? ...a good clear answer to this would sure help people understand what went wrong, and benefit anyone contemplating a business venture themselves.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Howard

I am sorry again. I meant to say "and now some new allegations start to come out", not evidence.

Allegations are admitted upon which evidence is received to either prove or disprove the allegation.

My apologies again.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
doubletalk...

Posts: 3314 | Location: NYC | Registered: 18 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Mrs. Saterlee,
You have shown great dignity and courage in the manner of your posting on this thread. Ma'am, I salute you! I wish you every success in your future endeavors!

Respectively yours,

Rusty Knight

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This subject is completely exhausted. Thank the Lord we are reading it. Can you imagine what it would be like to listen to it. Tedious. The back and forth "he said" and "no I said". It's beneath adults. I hope that those with "claims" get their deposits back. I hope that Stuart and spouse can get organized and get the production moving. As for me, I talked to Stuart a year or so ago and just didn't get the comfort level to place an order. I went another direction. This is my hobby and my passion, I just do not get the personal insults and the bad language. When, and if he can get up and running and predict accurate delivery times and maintain the quality that we all believe he can deliver. I will take two actions. I hope for both of os that can happen. Good luck all. Please advise. gduffey

one of us
Picture of dempsey
posted Hide Post

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have received an unsolicited message from Mr. Sandmann on this subject, and to the extent it may be helpful, here it is:

quote:

Dear Sir: Again with ad hominim attacks. There are three sides to every story, only one of which is the truth. Stu has been paid for everything he has delivered. Glad to discuss anytime, to refresh my direct line is 603.469.3152. --George Sandmann, President, Empire Rifles.

And for clarification (from Wikipedia):

quote:

An ad hominem argument, also known as argumentum ad hominem (Latin: "argument to the man", "argument against the man") consists of replying to an argument or factual claim by attacking or appealing to a characteristic or belief of the person making the argument or claim, rather than by addressing the substance of the argument or producing evidence against the claim. The process of proving or disproving the claim is thereby subverted, and the argumentum ad hominem works to change the subject.

It is most commonly used to refer specifically to the ad hominem abusive, or argumentum ad personam, which consists of criticizing or personally attacking an argument's proponent in an attempt to discredit that argument.

Other common subtypes of the ad hominem include the ad hominem circumstantial, or ad hominem circumstantiae, an attack which is directed at the circumstances or situation of the arguer; and the ad hominem tu quoque, which objects to an argument by characterizing the arguer as acting or arguing in accordance with the view that he is arguing against.

Ad hominem arguments are always invalid in syllogistic logic, since the truth value of premises is taken as given, and the validity of a logical inference is independent of the person making the inference. However, ad hominem arguments are rarely presented as formal syllogisms, and their assessment lies in the domain of informal logic and the theory of evidence.[1] The theory of evidence depends to a large degree on assessments of the credibility of witnesses, including eyewitness evidence and expert witness evidence. Evidence that a purported eyewitness is unreliable, or has a motive for lying, or that a purported expert witness lacks the claimed expertise can play a major role in making judgements from evidence.

Argumentum ad hominem is the inverse of argumentum ad verecundiam, in which the arguer bases the truth value of an assertion on the authority, knowledge or position of the person asserting it. Hence, while an ad hominem argument may make an assertion less compelling, by showing that the person making the assertion does not have the authority, knowledge or position they claim, or has made mistaken assertions on similar topics in the past, it cannot provide an infallible counterargument.

The argumentum ad hominem is a genetic fallacy and red herring, and is most often (but not always) an appeal to emotion.

It does not include arguments posed by a person which contradict the person's actions, for example:

If person X argues that touching water will cause death, and then person X touches water, then it is reasonable to assume that what person X said is incorrect and that they knew it to be incorrect at the time of making the statement.

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote