Notify
Tools

Bad Apple and a Rotten Egg!
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of DuggaBoye
posted Hide Post
If he knew all the above was illegal prior to sending his deposit,

If less than five years has elapsed from the Purchase for service OR the Taking OR the importing OR then later reselling any part of such animals

meaning the actions may have differing dates by YEARS

He would be guilty of

(1) conspiring to violate foreign hunting laws , an act involving international commerce--

creating premeditation

for then

actually violating said laws

(2) transferring the funds (Sale)

(3) killing--Taking

which all can be prosecutable actions under the Lacey act--

without transporting any animal or part thereof into the U.S.

In point of fact even knowingly ATTEMPTING

to purchase service or animal

known to violate a law may result in conviction.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

ATTEMPT

Subsection (4) provides that a MERE attempt to import, export, transport, sell, receive, acquire, OR purchase illegal wildlife is a completed offense.

"Attempt" is not defined in the Act, but is subject to interpretation by using its usual definition within the context of a criminal charge.

TAKEN

The term “taken” means captured, killed, or collected.

SALE or PURCHASE

It is deemed to be a sale of fish or wildlife in violation of this chapter for a person for money or other consideration to

OFFER or provide--

(A) guiding, outfitting, or other services;

OR

(B) a hunting or fishing license or permit;

for the illegal taking, acquiring, receiving, transporting,
OR
possessing of fish or wildlife.

http://www.animallaw.info/articles/arus16publlr27.htm

http://www.animallaw.info/stat...stusfd16usca3371.htm

DuggaBoye-O
NRA-Life
Whittington-Life
TSRA-Life
DRSS
DSC
HSC
SCI

Posts: 4593 | Location: TX | Registered: 03 March 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Investigating the Lacey Act, the phrase "should have known" keeps popping up.

FN291]. No commercial conduct or market value elements are required for a misdemeanor conviction. Although the government may be prepared to prove the defendant knew the wildlife had been taken, transported, possessed, or sold in violation of an underlying law, it need only prove, for a misdemeanor, that the defendant should have known, in the exercise of due care, of the wildlife's illegal nature. This negligent mental state is a subset of the felony scienter requirement. See, e.g., United States v. Hansen-Sturm, 44 F.3d 793, 794 (9th Cir. 1995).

Posts: 353 | Location: Southern Black Hills SD | Registered: 20 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AnotherAZWriter:
I give all of my charitable contributions to the USO...I haven't donated to any of the fund raisers here. But I will donate to one on behalf of Nixon if we can hire legal representation for him here in the US.

Who is game?

good for you John! on BOTH issues. I'm game.

The PH I hunt with allows me to send him additional funds if I shoot more than I had planned, happens all the time in Africa. jorge

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
Cogswell & Harrison 375 Fl NE
Sabatti Big Five 375 FL Magnum NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7149 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ganyana:
... but, As an African PH who has been royally Rogered with the rough end of a pineapple by a client I know the almost absolute impossibility of getting any ‘Justice’ out of the US legal system.

Ganyana don't feel bad my friend, I was [sic] Rogered up by an American gunmaker THE SCUMBAG GREG HEIN) to the tune of seven grand while I deployed to Afghanistan I did all the legal things right, hired a lawyer, sued and won a judgement, even obtained an arrest warrant and never saw my money. The system favors the perpetrator.

Having said that if there was deliberate fraud with the travelers checks, Nixon might just get his money back and AZW, I'm "in" on the fund. jorge

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7149 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
I have been reading this post for a few days, but not following it daily. I heard rumors of some guy sticking Nixon with trophy fees while I was at the DSC. I did not have any puter access so I did not harp in while there. I do know many of the names mentioned about legal and illegal activities.
Having been on a few safaris and paying a lot of money, I do want my monies worth. I payed to hunt and hunt I will. If I shoot, I take it as my responsibility. If I can't make out what I am supposed to shoot, no one is twisting my your arm to shoot. If you are trigger itchy and fire prematurely, look to a mirror for blame.
9K in travlers checks stolen, I would not leave the camp and have game and police dept. on site. Now owing me $26K I would never have let you leave the country. Friendship to me has a line and taking advantage of someones honesty, well what can I say.
Someone is responsible for pulling the trigger. That someone is responsible for paying the bill.

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I read in here once in awhile. I have not the means, nor the legs to engage a safari. I am mostly ignorant of the entire show as these things go. A couple of things have jumped out at me.

1. Is there anybody out there anywhere who ever been unhappy with Nixon, or even neutral? We have one.

2. Things seen on the net are often not as they seem. With an open mind, giving a lot of room for all the possibilities, I tried to see things from the hunter's point of view. I am unable to get my head that far up my ass.

3. Any list of top flight people I ever make will have Gatogordo at #1.

Posts: 16096 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 10 April 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by llamapacker:
There are several people with very low post counts on this thread, and to my knowledge, I don't know any of them. Some seem as interested in defaming me as Bobby. They do seem to be muddying the waters more than anything, but confusing the issues does not seem to apply only to new members.

For the record, I am not aware of any canned Lion hunts on Malipati. Reread my earlier post if you want more information.

And still, I have not been contacted by Nixon or anyone on his staff - unless you count Dukxdog or SBT - I HAVE heard from them, and I've archived that correspondence. I've also heard from quite a number of people relating their own horror stories who wish to remain anonymous. They will tell their own stories in their own time. I have no way of knowing if they are true or not.

I've also recieved many messages of support. I thank you for those as well - you know who you are.

Whether you side with me or not, all seem to agree with Shakari. None of this is good for hunters in Zim.

Bill

Just preserving for posterity.......

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
----- Original Message -----

To: bill Phifer

Sent: Tuesday, June 02, 2009 7:22 PM

Subject: Hunting

Hi Bill

I'm now back home just finished the hunt. I'M glad to tell you that the whole of the stuff are waiting to meet with you.Don't know how do you need this to be done as Ican tell you need more than Elep.you can come much earlie and have more days to hunt and look for the better bull so that we won't rush it.the cost of the 12days Elep hunt is 19000+4%govt levy=19760 this price include one trophy bull and transportation from Harare to camp and back,food and laundly is also included. as Ican see you need more than one animal the trophy fee will apply.

Buffalo 3000

Leop 4000

Nyala 3000

Water Buck 2500

croc 3000

Hippo 3000

kudu 1000

Bush buck 600

tmpala 300

zebra 800

Kilps 600

warthog 400

hyeana 400

wildbeast 800

Leop Baits 200 each.

If you are happy with this whole thing you can send the deposit to seal the deal.we need 10000 now and send the rest just before the hunt or you can bring the remaining 9760 with you and give to me before the hunt.tell me exactly what other animals you will be looking for apart from Elephant and Leopard.if you dont shoot your Elep 9000 will refunded to you or you will shoot other animals to cover your mpney.

Thanks hope to hear from you soon.

Nixon

To: Nixon Dzingai

Sent: Friday, June 05, 2009 11:08 PM

Subject: RE: Hunting

Nixon,

I did not receive your e-mail of June 2nd. I am sorry for any confusion. I sent a deposit based on what I had heard from Bobby Lowe previously. (He said you would want $5,000, and I just decided to send $8,000 so you were happy) Thanks for resending your June 2 message. It makes things much more clear. It looks like there won’t be any problem. If you need me to send more before I arrive I can do that.

The only major difference I see is the trophy fee for Leopard, and you did not list the lion fee in your message below. Bobby had indicated $3000 for the leopard and $6000 for the lion. I am willing to work with you so that everyone is happy. I want to be fair. I would be very excited to take a leopard and a lion. I have been told it has been a long time since you have taken a lion on Malapati. Your reputation for killing good leopards is very strong.

Yes, it is a 13 day hunt. I do want to spend most of the time looking for a very good elephant and very good buffalo. If we have good cats on bait, that will be great. With good luck, we will have time for other animals. I do like to hunt very hard. Other animals of interest on your list below would be bushbuck and klipspringer. These are not a priority.

Butch contacted Bobby today for my address to send me the sim cards. I will talk to Butch soon. Let me know if I can bring anything else for your family or staff. I know how hard (and expensive) it can be to find certain items in Zimbabwe.

Thank You,

Bill Phifer

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---- Original Message -----

Sent: Monday, June 08, 2009 5:08 PM

Subject: RE: Hunting

Nixon,

Please put out the baits you feel are necessary to have a successful hunt. I am guessing this may be 3-5 leopard baits and also 1-2 lion baits. If a good lion is in the area we definitely want to keep him well fed! Please replenish any baits actively being fed on.

I talked with Butch over the weekend. He is still very excited about his elephant! He is sending me the SIM cards and I will bring them with me. I have also picked up four watches for your staff. Do they want baseball style hats for the sun or wool hats for warmth? I will also look for a few skinning knives. Let me know if there is anything else I can do.

Cheers!

Bill Phifer

Sent: Monday, June 08, 2009 11:48 PM
To: Bill Phifer
Subject: Re: Hunting

Thanks my friend Iwill do as you said.5leopard baits plus 2lion baits will be great to start with.Base ball hats for the boys and wool hats for the girls you can also bring some wool warmth for the boys who will be with us on the leopard brind.don't forget the watch's for the girls as well.if you can also look mout for the digetal camela for me if you can.just let me know how much it will cost.also look out for laptop computer if you have time a good second hand will be okay for me just let me know how much the cost will be.

Thanks

Nixon

-- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, June 19, 2009 4:57 PM
Subject: Wire transfer

Nixon,

I sent another wire transfer this morning for $12K. I will start my journey from the US Sunday morning. Will your son meet me in Harare, or will you be there? Please send me contact information in the event that flights are delayed, etc. I am currently scheduled to arrive in Harare at 19:40, on 22 June, SA flight #24.

Cheers!

Bill Phifer

According to the email exchange between Phifer and Nixon:

Phifer wired Nixon 8k and then an additional 12k prior to his hunt for elephant. The agreed price for the elephant hunt was 20k. In addition, Phifer agreed to purchase multiple baits for leopard and lion.

Phifer during his hunt, shot an additional elephant, 2 buff, 1 croc and 1 giraffe.

The 26k Phifer owes is for the trophy fees for the animals he shot.

Do you really think arbitration will resolve this with a person like Phifer who lacks integrity? Phifer has lied about this entire situation:

1. Phifer claimed he had his American express checks stolen.

2. Phifer fabricated a story that Nixon stole his laptop, camera and other items. Phifers own emails states that these were gifts.

3. Phifer denies that he shot all of these animals that Nixon says he did. Phifer will not clarify exactly what animals he did shoot.

Again, does anyone really think an arbitration court would really be fair to Nixon? What is there to arbitrate? Phifer shot the animals and he owes the money for the trophy fees.

dale

Posts: 405 | Location: Dallas, Pennsylvania | Registered: 16 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Since you posted this in two threads, I'm copying my reply from the other thread......

quote:

Again, does anyone really think an arbitration court would really be fair to Nixon? What is there to arbitrate? Phifer shot the animals and he owes the money for the trophy fees.

Nothing you have posted would suggest to me that an arbitration court would not be fair to Nixon. Why wouldn't it? He has to have proof that Phifer shot the animals, which should be easy to obtain and a total cost accounting versus what he was paid (not including the "stolen" TCs). If he has such proof, and has not been paid, then it seems like an open and shut case to me.

Bottom line and this is just my opinion, if Nixon isn't willing to go to a binding arb hearing with prior appropriate guarantees of payment, then I'm wondering if he's as right as you seem to think he is.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

One of Us
Picture of 505 gibbs
posted Hide Post
I think this discussion brings up a very important issue (other than the primary subject) for PH's & clients. I would be interested to hear from both about there experiences with this issue, as I have heard nightmare stories about the problems caused by this practice. The practice is Clients bringing items as gifts or things needed for trade to their PH's. From My experience, my statement would be to PH's "Beware of Clients Bearing Gifts". I understand many people go to Africa and are competely upfront about the value of the items being brought at their PH's request and use those values in settling their account, and the gifts they bring are with a giving heart and nothing is expected in return. Then their are those that use this practice as a negotiating and money making tool, items brought at the PH's request are grossly overvalued, "gifts" given are given with some expectation of reciprocation in the final settling of the account (usually grossly overvalued as well). Many times, I feel, this exchange starts out as the first of these scenarios and after the client becomes tired, unhappy or gets in over their head with what they shoot, it changes to the second scenario. This is unfortunate but is inherent in a relationship where the boundaries and expectations are not clearly defined. I think it would help this issue tremendously if PH's and clients pre-determined the value of things being brought at the PH's request. Also, if clients would be more honest ant forthright about the giving of "gifts", they are just that, objects given with no expectation of reciprocation. If you "give" someone something in expectation of a return, than it is NOT a "gift". If you have something that a PH wants, a gun, a watch, whatever, and you want to give it to him, than do so with a giving heart. If you do not want to "give" it to him than determine a value that you are willing to take and he is willing to give (if possible) and use that trade to settle the account. As for the issue on this thread, I am not sure I understand where all of the fuss and need to "mediate" or "arbitrate" is, the accounting seems fairly straight forward (and the amount that is not is hardly enough to fight internationally over:

Original hunt (includes 1 ele) $19,760.00
Hunters Deposit -$20,000.00
Digital Camera -$ 190.00
used laptop -$ 175.00
2 buff $ 6,000.00
1 ele $ 9,000.00
1 leopard $ 4,000.00
2 Klippy's $ 1,200.00
1 croc $ 3,000.00
1 giraffe $ 1,200.00 (est.)
7 baits $ 1,400.00
subtotal $25,195.00
4% gov't levy $ 1,008.00
total owed $26,203.00

This leaves the question of the value of three watches for the camp girls, baseball hats for the guys, $1000 descrepency in what Bill thought the leopard trophy fee was (however, Nixon did state that it was $4000 as far as the documentation given), and what was charged for the Giraffe (it is not stated in the email, I estimated $1200.00 as that is common rate). I also noticed that my accounting came to within $287.00 of the amount the PH is stating he was shorted (interesting). So we are talking at the absolute far outside a discrepency of less than $3,000.00 on a bill for $26k. I would have to question the intentions of someone not settling or holding the funds over such a small amount. What say you? Confused

one of us
posted Hide Post
505 Gibbs

I may be wrong but I think you figures are little bit off. He paid for elephant hunt up front at little less then $20,000. Then Bill proceed to take several other trophies including another elephant. That comes to a figure in excess of $25,000, not the $3,000 you have come up with.

Am, I wrong.

This will never be settle on this forum. And, Bill will never get his trophies Nixon come to some type of agreement. Right now, we have, He said, she said situation. There are no winners in this situation.

Brooks

Posts: 179 | Location: Virginia, NE. USA | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 505 gibbs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Am, I wrong.

I believe my numbers are correct if you have been following the thread, the original hunt was $19,760.00 and included the trophy fee for 1 elephant, Bill gave him $20,000.00 deposit ($8k then $12k) then shot more after that point. The number I came up with was not $3k, it was $26,203.00 which is within $287 of the amount being demanded by Nixon. The $3k was the absolute most I could find the descrepency to be, and not settling a $26k+ debt over $3k (most probably much less than that)seems inexcusable. At least send the guy the $23k and argue over the $3k. You will have to forgive me as I am in the construction business and when someone starts tying up large amounts of money over nickles and dimes it is ALWAYS an attempt to not pay the bill. As stated previously, this appears very simple to me and the numbers being presented add up. The fact that it is being convoluted into something so complex makes me suspicious. If anyone sees something I am missing I would like to see what it is.

one of us
posted Hide Post
My mistake, I mis read your post. I thought you stated at the most he owed only $3,000. Not the the higher amount somewhere between $23,000 and the higher figure of $26,203.

Brooks

Posts: 179 | Location: Virginia, NE. USA | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A PH friend of mine had a client come in several years ago. The client gave him a small deposit. During his 10 day hunt, he shoots 11 animals. When it came time to settle his bill, he says he will wire the money when he gets home. It never happened. The guy took more than the usual number of photo's. He had no intention of ever paying. He has his photo's. The PH came to the states and caught up with him. Never did get all his money.
Could this be part of the plan here?

Posts: 835 | Location: Plover, Wi | Registered: 04 October 2009Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
If one takes gifts for the PH and camps staff, then they are GIFTS! And no price is allocated to them.

They should never, ever, be taken into consideration with the final bill.

If the PH asks for something specific, and a price is agreed upon, that can be considered as part of the payment.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68643 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I can fully understand why the PH would be hesitant to pursue any legal action. From experience I can assure you there is a huge gap between winning judgements and collecting on them. The world is full of deadbeats in all income levels, and there is a lot of room for evasion, postponements, etc. Last I heard, Exxon still hasn't paid a single dollar in penalties for their fiasco, and judgement was rendered ages ago.

Posts: 16096 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 10 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wymple,
Not quite correct on Exxon. They have spent about $500,000,000 in legal fees, $14.7 Billion on the clean up and long term payments to locals, and posted a bond for the fine.

I would say they have paid a great deal.

Posts: 10359 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 505 gibbs
posted Hide Post
quote:
If one takes gifts for the PH and camps staff, then they are GIFTS! And no price is allocated to them.

They should never, ever, be taken into consideration with the final bill.

If the PH asks for something specific, and a price is agreed upon, that can be considered as part of the payment.

well said

One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
I just bought a little notebook computer for $228 at WalMart. Dang thing works like a charm. I do have a bad memory and hope I don't leave it at Chirisa in 6 weeks.... but if I do, I'll bet a certain teenager in Bulawayo will find it and keep it for me a few years until I'm back. Big Grin

JudgeG ... just counting time 'til I am again finding balm in Gilead chilled out somewhere in the Selous.

Posts: 7694 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Excuse please but this thread reads like a bunch of old women sticking their noses into the mix for no better service then to inflate their own feelings of self importance.
May I suggest dropping the chest pumping,brow beating an allowing the two parties to settle the matter thru the courts?

Posts: 736 | Location: Quakertown, Pa. | Registered: 11 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
Yeah! no sense fighting like two CATS ...jorge

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2th doc:
Excuse please but this thread reads like a bunch of old women sticking their noses into the mix for no better service then to inflate their own feelings of self importance.
May I suggest dropping the chest pumping,brow beating an allowing the two parties to settle the matter thru the courts?

Glad that you decided to add your part of the "old women sticking their noses into the mix for no better service then to inflate their own feelings of self importance .... chest pumping,brow beating" .... now care to add something constructive to the "old women sticking their noses into the mix for no better service then to inflate their own feelings of self importance ... chest pumping,brow beating"?! You're only about 3 weeks behind, excuse please! Sorry, but your post was much of the same!!!!!! coffee

Graybird

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... it's the reckoning."

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by graybird:
quote:

Glad that you decided to add your part of the "old women sticking their noses into the mix for no better service then to inflate their own feelings of self importance .... chest pumping,brow beating" .... now care to add something constructive to the "old women sticking their noses into the mix for no better service then to inflate their own feelings of self importance ... chest pumping,brow beating"?! You're only about 3 weeks behind, excuse please! Sorry, but your post was much of the same!!!!!! coffee

No kidding. If we wanted to beat our chests we would post pics of our trophy rooms. Or put pics of dead animals in our signatures/avatars, right Jorge and Graybird?

Anytime we get a contentious thread we get someone posting this line. Frankly, I don't care about some lame "cartridge efficiency" thread on another board, but I do care about this one. Somehow, I suspect if we "just let the courts" take care of this nothing would be done.

Give me a break.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7577 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
I thought the whole idea of threads like these is to get people'e attention to something that was wrong.

Hopefully it sets an example, so others will not be affected by a similar occurance.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68643 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
Graybird & AZ, Terrence (CATS) always has to put his two cents worth in before he gets banned again. jorge

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Posted by Llamapacker...William Phifer on Jan 7, 2010:

quote:
Lastly, review my PM to Bobby one more time. I have had no direct contact with Nixon since my hunt. If he has any issues, he knows how to contact me. Complaining to later clients, and getting them worked up with perceived injustice, lacks professionalism at the very least. Two different clients contacted me after their hunts with wildly different accusations. I've responded to both that they were misinformed, and being used by SSG to deflect the ongoing investigation. Bobby Lowe did not even provide me with the courtesy of an e-mail or a PM before starting this post.

Posted by Llamapacker/ William Phifer Jan 15, 2010:

And still, I have not been contacted by Nixon or anyone on his staff - unless you count Dukxdog or SBT - I HAVE heard from them, and I've archived that correspondence. I've also heard from quite a number of people relating their own horror stories who wish to remain anonymous. They will tell their own stories in their own time. I have no way of knowing if they are true or not.

To:
Sent: Monday, January 25, 2010 9:44 AM
Subject: Remaining balance

Hie Phifer

Hope you are fit and well with us it appears we are heading towards drought.I'm just following up our e-mails written to you by myself the time i was out on the hunt and also the ones written to you by our operations manager,asking you to pay our remaining balance of $26 490 and also to tell you that the T/C you paid us as part of your trophies payments was reported stolen by the bank,but since then there was no respond from you.So will you please pay the money as the rural District council needs their money to pay dividents to the villagers and also to the national Parks.
Tell us where you want your trophies to be sent as you know it has been longer since you shoot these animals we can not keep them longer anymore.

Thanks for now hope will speak to you soon

Thanks
Nixon

According to William Phifer/LLamapacker he has not heard from "Nixon or anyone from his staff."

Note the recent email from Nixon to william Phifer. Do you think Phifer will respond to this email?

dale

Posts: 405 | Location: Dallas, Pennsylvania | Registered: 16 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by daleW:
Posted by Llamapacker...William Phifer on Jan 7, 2010:

quote:
Lastly, review my PM to Bobby one more time. I have had no direct contact with Nixon since my hunt. If he has any issues, he knows how to contact me. Complaining to later clients, and getting them worked up with perceived injustice, lacks professionalism at the very least. Two different clients contacted me after their hunts with wildly different accusations. I've responded to both that they were misinformed, and being used by SSG to deflect the ongoing investigation. Bobby Lowe did not even provide me with the courtesy of an e-mail or a PM before starting this post.

Posted by Llamapacker/ William Phifer Jan 15, 2010:

To:
Sent: Monday, January 25, 2010 9:44 AM
Subject: Remaining balance

Hie Phifer

Hope you are fit and well with us it appears we are heading towards drought.I'm just following up our e-mails written to you by myself the time i was out on the hunt and also the ones written to you by our operations manager,asking you to pay our remaining balance of $26 490 and also to tell you that the T/C you paid us as part of your trophies payments was reported stolen by the bank,but since then there was no respond from you.So will you please pay the money as the rural District council needs their money to pay dividents to the villagers and also to the national Parks.
Tell us where you want your trophies to be sent as you know it has been longer since you shoot these animals we can not keep them longer anymore.

Thanks for now hope will speak to you soon

Thanks
Nixon

According to William Phifer/LLamapacker he has not heard from "Nixon or anyone from his staff."

Note the recent email from Nixon to william Phifer. Do you think Phifer will respond to this email?

dale

So noted. As well as the dates on the emails.

Not sure what the purpose of the post was.

SCI Life Member
DSC Life Member

Posts: 2018 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 20 May 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

No kidding. If we wanted to beat our chests we would post pics of our trophy rooms. Or put pics of dead animals in our signatures/avatars, right Jorge and Graybird?

Anytime we get a contentious thread we get someone posting this line. Frankly, I don't care about some lame "cartridge efficiency" thread on another board, but I do care about this one. Somehow, I suspect if we "just let the courts" take care of this nothing would be done.

Give me a break.

You damn right I take pride in an exeptional animal taken, and I enjoy showing pictures of said animal to friends. By the way, I wish the avatar picture was better because he is a nice DIY public land mule deer.

I don't know what cocklebur got up your butt, but I'm on your side, go back and read what was posted and my response! I guess my sarcasm didn’t shine thru! thumb I also feel as though these posts are helpful in many reasons. I was defending those of us who feel these posts are a necessary part of our hobby. I was specifically responding to 2th doc who basically said we needed to keep our womanly noses to our own business, which I kindly, and respectfully, disagree.

Graybird

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... it's the reckoning."

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jim Manion,

quote:

The point being that Phifer is not telling the truth. Phifer claims that Nixon has not contacted him regarding stolen checks and the outstanding balance owed for trophy fees. The documents speaks for themselves.

Bottomline: Phifer is blatantly dishonest.

Jim, How would you feel if you were scammed out of 26K?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
if you add the $9000 of stolen checks i think we have $34490 ouch

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Jim Manion,

quote:

The point being that Phifer is not telling the truth. Phifer claims that Nixon has not contacted him regarding stolen checks and the outstanding balance owed for trophy fees. The documents speaks for themselves.

Bottomline: Phifer is blatantly dishonest.

Jim, How would you feel if you were scammed out of 26K?

Dale:

I'm not switching sides here but you need to step back and try to be realistic. Are you really so wrapped up in this that you can't see that Phifer posting on JANUARY 15, 2010 that he has not heard directly from Nixon or his staff and your posting of an email from Nixon to Phifer on JANUARY 25, 2010 are not mutually exclusive statements and said posting and a later email does not make Phifer a liar? Your "point" is dead wrong as far as what you've posted.

Phifer may be a liar, and he likely has been contacted by Nixon between the hunts end and January 25, 2010, but you damn sure haven't proved it by anything you've posted up until now. Get a grip, stick to facts if you have them.

xxxxxxxxxx

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Give me a break.

You damn right I take pride in an exeptional animal taken, and I enjoy showing pictures of said animal to friends. By the way, I wish the avatar picture was better because he is a nice DIY public land mule deer.

I don't know what cocklebur got up your butt, but I'm on your side, go back and read what was posted and my response! I guess my sarcasm didn’t shine thru! thumb I also feel as though these posts are helpful in many reasons. I was defending those of us who feel these posts are a necessary part of our hobby. I was specifically responding to 2th doc who basically said we needed to keep our womanly noses to our own business, which I kindly, and respectfully, disagree.

Graybird,

I was being sarcastic. You could say any post on AR is chest beating. Hell, I post what a great shot I am on other threads.

As for the timing of the email, I guess Phifer has now been "officially" contacted re: nonpayment.

Posts: 7577 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gatogordo,

quote:
Dale:

I'm not switching sides here but you need to step back and try to be realistic.

I posted the most recent email from Nixon to Phifer. If you really want, I can post many more from the last several months requesting the same. Phifer did not respond to any of Nixon's requests for payment of the trophy fees or offer an explanation why the traveler checks were reported stolen.

The purpose of posting Nixon's recent 1-25-2010 email to phifer requesting payment in full was to see if Phifer will respond to AR members. Since he refuses to with Nixon.

Gatogordo, Phifer has claimed numerous times that Nixon or staff has notified him regarding an outstanding balance or the stolen checks. Can he continue to be dishonest at this point?

dale

one of us
posted Hide Post
Well, then you need to post a couple of those emails from Nixon to Phifer demanding payment PRIOR to Jan 15, 2010 to make your statements valid. I'm not saying they aren't there, but your claim was not backed up by what you have posted to this point.

xxxxxxxxxx

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gatogordo...as per your request..Note the Nov. 2009 date.

Sent: Thursday, November 05, 2009 11:20 AM
Subject: Trophy Fees Due Payment

Dear Mr B.Phifer
Hope this e-mail will finds you well and the family.I would like to remind you on the outstanding $26490 that is due for
payment to us.$9000 Travellers Cheques that you made to us as part of payment from $26490 were reported by AMEX
as stollen.Pls could you assist on to this issue as we are now in the bad situation with the National Parks.

Nixon is out hunting,i will mail you the copies of the chqs and your understanding will be highly appreciated.

Hope to hear from you asap

Kindly Regards
Naison (Operation Manager)

Gatogordo, It is clear that Phifer has ignored Nixon's multiple requests for payment.

I hope this clarifies any misunderstandings.

dale

one of us
posted Hide Post
Dale:

Thanks, and, assuming that is an authentic email (I'm not saying it isn't, I totally believe it is, but have no way of verifying the authenticity), that does make Phifer's claim a lie, without doubt. No surprise there.

xxxxxxxxxx

One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
I could easily block an email IP address on my PC and be truthful in saying that I have had no communication! This is not to say that that is what happened....

What a mess. I still wonder why the Zim PHs are so silent on the subject.....

At the end of the day, you pull the trigger & you pay. You hand over the TC and that is a legally binding transaction.

I wish i could do a hunt like that or even one for just 3 or 4 of those animals.

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11191 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Gatogordo...as per your request..Note the Nov. 2009 date.

Sent: Thursday, November 05, 2009 11:20 AM
Subject: Trophy Fees Due Payment

Dear Mr B.Phifer
Hope this e-mail will finds you well and the family.I would like to remind you on the outstanding $26490 that is due for
payment to us.$9000 Travellers Cheques that you made to us as part of payment from $26490 were reported by AMEX
as stollen.Pls could you assist on to this issue as we are now in the bad situation with the National Parks.

Nixon is out hunting,i will mail you the copies of the chqs and your understanding will be highly appreciated.

Hope to hear from you asap

Kindly Regards
Naison (Operation Manager)

Gatogordo, It is clear that Phifer has ignored Nixon's multiple requests for payment.

I hope this clarifies any misunderstandings.

dale

Sounds like we now have a witness to Phifer signing the TCs.

What is the status of the legal action?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Enclosed is a follow up email to Phifer from nixon regarding the 1-25-2010 Nixon email to phifer requesting payment for trophy fees:

To:Bill Pfife
Sent: Wednesday, January 27, 2010 12:53 PM
Subject: Trophy payment balance

Hello Bill Pfife,
hope this e-mail will find you well,this is just the follow up of my e-mail i wrote to you two days ago about the monies you owes us, please respond you know that some of your cheques you paid to us was reported stolen and all this information was sent to you but no respond.if you know any of the problems makes you fail to honour the payment tell us so that we know. as you know since you went to the states you never responded all of the e-mails we have been writing to you,
Thanks Nixon

dale

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Enclosed is a follow up email to Phifer from nixon regarding the 1-25-2010 Nixon email to phifer requesting payment for trophy fees:

To:Bill Pfife
Sent: Wednesday, January 27, 2010 12:53 PM
Subject: Trophy payment balance

Hello Bill Pfife,
hope this e-mail will find you well,this is just the follow up of my e-mail i wrote to you two days ago about the monies you owes us, please respond you know that some of your cheques you paid to us was reported stolen and all this information was sent to you but no respond.if you know any of the problems makes you fail to honour the payment tell us so that we know. as you know since you went to the states you never responded all of the e-mails we have been writing to you,
Thanks Nixon

dale

May need to correct whats in bold. Just doesnt look right when it doesn't match your other posts.

GTR

Posts: 111 | Location: florida | Registered: 17 February 2003Reply With Quote