Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Biden Takes the Gloves Off Login/Join 
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I will be happy to tell you what is important one more time.

Minding your own damn business.

Posts: 3770 | Location: Boulder Colorado | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
PS: I live in Texas 13. The most conservative district in the US Congress. I am known in my local as a moderate, tolerant individual who advocates your policy of staying out of other’s business.

In Texas 13…99.9% of individuals like prayers in schools. We want others to quit minding our business.

What if that 99 percent wanted prayer to Allah, and your household were the1 percent Christian?

It does not matter what the mad wants. Rights exists for the 1 percent. That is why your reading of the 1st Amendment has been held incorrect as compelling speech since the 60s and should stay that way.

Again, your self righteousness knows no limits.

If a state can make me pray, can make my child pray, The State can do anything to me.

Posts: 11241 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A very nice quote Hyem, and very appropriate. Lane wants others to quit minding his business, yet he is all in for minding other people's business.

Oh so Rich. A hypocrisy that know no bounds.

Posts: 3770 | Location: Boulder Colorado | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jeffeosso:
A normal bell curve is +/- 3SD -

A fairly common booboo in statistical work is applying a Gaussian distribution to a set of data that doesn't follow it...

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14417 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dr. Easter’s child can pray at school right now. His child cannot disrupt class w Prayer.

If Dr. Easter wants organized Christian prayer by his child at school lead by school, Dr. Easter can send his child to a private school.

Posts: 11241 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Your religion may tell you what you must do or not do, if you choose to believe it.

Your religion may never tell me what I must do or not do just because you believe it.

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 9710 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DuggaBoye
posted Hide Post
quote:
Your religion may never tell me what I must do or not do just because you believe it.

Thou shalt not kill-

try that one on in your contrarian world
see if there are not consequences for the action--

you see rube-
western laws ,
through common law were based on basic tenets of religion

freedom of
not freedom from-

religion, in one manner or another
is intertwined through the entire fabric of not just western law , but also into the laws of most nations

( and no, as i have stated before, this is not a religious position on my part)

DuggaBoye-O
NRA-Life
Whittington-Life
TSRA-Life
DRSS
DSC
HSC
SCI

Posts: 4593 | Location: TX | Registered: 03 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DuggaBoye:
quote:

Thou shalt not kill-

try that one on in your contrarian world
see if there are not consequences for the action--

you see rube-
western laws ,
through common law were based on basic tenets of religion

freedom of
not freedom from-

religion, in one manner or another
is intertwined through the entire fabric of not just western law , but also into the laws of most nations

( and no, as i have stated before, this is not a religious position on my part)

There are a variety of exceptions to that "Commandment" under the law, and no statute anywhere in the Country making murder a criminal offense cites the Bible for authority.

As for the distinction between "freedom of" and "freedom from", they are two sides of the same coin. My freedom of free travel between States implicates my freedom from being forced to do so.

Posts: 9710 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
And no where did The Old Testament nor New Address abortion.

Divorce,
Marriage,
Remarriage,
Property division,
Birth,
Birthing practices,
Land Distribution,
Prayer,
Sacrifice,
What you can eat/diet.
And more all spelled out.

When you cure the commandment, you are making a religious argument.

You position is insufficient for what people are facing. In short, it is not murder just bc you say so.

Our Civil Las is secular as the S. Ct., explained when it rejected your argument about religion and law on Lawrence v. Texas and the compelled language prayer case.

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LHeym500:
quote:
PS: I live in Texas 13. The most conservative district in the US Congress. I am known in my local as a moderate, tolerant individual who advocates your policy of staying out of other’s business.

In Texas 13…99.9% of individuals like prayers in schools. We want others to quit minding our business.

What if that 99 percent wanted prayer to Allah, and your household were the1 percent Christian?

I would move.

It does not matter what the mad wants. Rights exists for the 1 percent. That is why your reading of the 1st Amendment has been held incorrect as compelling speech since the 60s and should stay that way.

If a state can make me pray, can make my child pray, The State can do anything to me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36807 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The Country is for everybody. The point of being in the minority is that you are a minority. The Constitution cannot care if you would move. Some cannot move.

Folks Federal rights are not erased by a line on the UNITED States map.

Your response is weak and wo merit.

As always you confirm yourself out of your own mouth. You cannot deny him being in the minority, but nationally as the 2003, 2008, 2020 and 2022 election cycle showed you are.

You have no more claim to any Mt hint than a 1 percent Islamic family in your school district.

Here is the biggest lie about this you make. No one is stopping your stopping from praying at school today. The State simply cannot mandate and lead a prayer. Your son cannot interior instruction. Once, again you have taken a Right min-issue @ we can’t pray in school” a known falsehood to create false division to win an election.

You can also send your son to private school if you want school mandated speech that you approve so badly. You just want the State to force your view of right through an extension of the State on everyone. Thus, making it more likely more folks will in time think like you.

By any means right.

The United States, the public sphere belongs to all of us equally be you Christian, Islamic, Gay, Straight, No labels, liberal, or conservative. It stops with you forcing religion into the public sphere. I have always said, stand in your lawn and preach gay people are abominations as loud as you want. It ends there.

I suggest if you move to a Country that still takes its orders from the Church, if one still exists. I know Iran is controlled by and for the same purpose religious oligarchs.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Everyone in your district that does not think or agree w you should move by your logic.

You also refuse to take this non Federal Right local power view of states and cities passing legislation concerning the possession and use of firearms.

Why? The simple fact is you like that one and love it when the Federal system rejects that pre-incorporation use of legislative proghtive.

One of Us
Picture of Bivoj
posted Hide Post
You must be lawyer Heym , you speak like one
Not that is anything wrong with that…(;

Nothing like standing over your own kill

Posts: 617 | Location: Wherever hunting is good and Go Trump | Registered: 17 June 2023Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

I would move.

I should not need to move to be free of anyone's religion in American. You are fucking bat shit crazy Lane. cuckoo

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I guess Dr. Easter believes that he should be given a badge and allowed to conduct an inquisition around Texas to make sure only those who believe like him stay. The rest he can be empowered to seize their property for the betterment of the right thinking people, and load them up on trains.

That is the logically conclusion of his statement.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I guess Dr. Easter believes that he should be given a badge and allowed to conduct an inquisition around Texas to make sure only those who believe like him stay. The rest he can be empowered to seize their property for the betterment of the right thinking people, and load them up on trains.

Maybe a Title like Herr Doktor Obersturmbannführer...

One of Us
Picture of DuggaBoye
posted Hide Post
quote:

bsflag

DuggaBoye-O
NRA-Life
Whittington-Life
TSRA-Life
DRSS
DSC
HSC
SCI

Posts: 4593 | Location: TX | Registered: 03 March 2009Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
WOW -- it's always Nazi's with you guys.. always - "oh, you prefer detached home, you must be a nazi"
"Don't want to live in a Blue Hell-- Nazi"
"Likes red meat, defiantly a Nazi"

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38565 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well, it is for the betterment of the 99 percent he asserts. Class and societal harmony.

If you do not confirm, you can get out.

I just ate two Elk, NY strips tonight. I am as red meat eating ax they come. He is indefensible.

There is no Blue Hell or Red Hell. There is the law that applies to all of us refugees of what town you are in.

He is also lying to you. Nothing keeps his son from saying a prayer at school. He wants school/the State to make all of them pray to his vision of God, his way.

Sorry Doofa if the truth hurts. Hence, he could not muster a real rebuttal. If he can make any child pray to the state sanctioned pray or move away, we all have no liberty.

I see you ignored the application of his religion to firearms legislation.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well Lane's ideas are not crazy as the Nazi's, close, but not quite that bad. I don't believe he has called for death for non-believers, just that they should be driven from the community.

Did you really think he was not going to get some push back for his crazy ass statement?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by skb:
Well Lane's ideas are not crazy as the Nazi's, close, but not quite that bad. I don't believe he has called for death for non-believers, just that they should be driven from the community.

Did you really think he was not going to get some push back for his crazy ass statement?

Hence, why I did not say he should be granted the power to kill them; just that they be made to move so as not to interrupt, agitate his Utopia. I believe in the 60s his type called them agitators. How dare folks try to organize African Americans(minorities) to exercise their right to vote and have a say in public policy. After all, they only make up 1 percent of the total vote.

I will say again what I told another member here when he was spouting “ those people are only X percent of the population.” They are 10” percent Americans. They are every bit and inch Americans as myself and Dr. Easter. The Constitution and Federally recognized rights, including the right from the state not to endorse any religion, applies just as much to them as it does the “99 percent.”

Otherwise, folks can be loaded on trains, and one day it can be you in the minority. Dr. Easter is already in the National Minority as it relates to abortion, religion, sport hunting.

one of us
posted Hide Post
If I moved to Iraq, and they prayed to allah in school every day, I would bow my head and keep my mouth shut, because I am in their land. If I didn't like it, I could always leave. There is no expectation that their society has to change for me. Plainly, that is not the liberal view. Regards, Bill.

Posts: 3559 | Location: Elko, B.C. Canada | Registered: 19 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill Leeper:
If I moved to Iraq, and they prayed to allah in school every day, I would bow my head and keep my mouth shut, because I am in their land. If I didn't like it, I could always leave. There is no expectation that their society has to change for me. Plainly, that is not the liberal view. Regards, Bill.

You may have missed it but as an American we have a right to not have someone else's religion forced upon us. It has nothing to do with being liberal and everything to do with being an American.

Lane is free to worship as he sees fit but I am in no way required to endure his religious views.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
We are not a religious theocracy. We have never been.

We also do not let a local majority run over minorities with religious fiefdoms.

We are all the United States of America. Where no local Jack can make anyone bow the knee to anyone’s God in the public sphere.

That is the America I love.

The title of this thread is Biden takes the gloves off. That is one thing I will take the gloves off for. I will fight you with every dollar, in every Court, and every election over that Freedom.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

We didn't move to Iraq, the Christian Taliban is trying to take over here.

It won't work.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Again, Dr. Easter, as per the Course for his brand of the Right, is lying. Nothing is stopping his son from praying at school tomorrow. His son cannot interrupt class instruction. It is a lie designed to create a false them vs. us division for political power.

He knows it is a lie.

If he values so much that the State through the school led his son in an approved pray, he can send his son to a private school or homeschool.

In short, Dr. Easter of a political lier.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

The fallacy in that argument is that the US is not a Christian nation.

Posts: 6281 | Location: Coeur d' Alene, Idaho, USA | Registered: 08 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dr. Easter argues for the best way is State Mandated prayer.

I say this:

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.

William Pitt

The last part of Pitt’s statement refers to the response of human beings to tyrants. There will be tyrants in this wicked world until Jesus returns, which raises the question of how one should respond to tyrants in their various forms, be they tyrants of the church or tyrants of the state. So, what does it mean that necessity “is the creed of slaves”?

Or as Dr. Easter and Bill Leeper says move or just bow.

It means this. When the individual, or society, accepts the lie from tyrants that their mistreatment and loss of human freedoms is “necessary”, their acceptance is an act of self-enslavement. States otherwise, it is the essence of slavery to believe the lie that tyranny is justified under any circumstances.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I wish Lane could explain why his son can't pray in school, given that Christians believe in telepathic prayer to God.

Posts: 6281 | Location: Coeur d' Alene, Idaho, USA | Registered: 08 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I would move.

I should not need to move to be free of anyone's religion in American. You are fucking bat shit crazy Lane. cuckoo

No sir,
That would be you.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36807 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

No sir,
That would be you.

You are the nutter trying to rationalize using the state to force your religion upon others. cuckoo

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Dr. Easter argues for the best way is State Mandated prayer.

Prayer cannot be mandated…I thought maybe you would know that.

No one I know has ever advocated for anyone to take any action with prayer…as it is a personal connection. That said, schools are a place where examples are set and elders are role models. Teachers and school officials praying aloud in public with these kids is a good thing.

I say this:

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.

William Pitt

The last part of Pitt’s statement refers to the response of human beings to tyrants. There will be tyrants in this wicked world until Jesus returns, which raises the question of how one should respond to tyrants in their various forms, be they tyrants of the church or tyrants of the state. So, what does it mean that necessity “is the creed of slaves”?

Or as Dr. Easter and Bill Leeper says move or just bow.

“I” never said bow…always putting words in my mouth…a lawyer trait. 2020

It means this. When the individual, or society, accepts the lie from tyrants that their mistreatment and loss of human freedoms is “necessary”, their acceptance is an act of self-enslavement. States otherwise, it is the essence of slavery to believe the lie that tyranny is justified under any circumstances.

Prayer by elders in school is a good thing. If we had more of it…we would have less violence.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Prayers in schools are appropriate in parochial schools, not in the public arena using tax dollars. cuckoo

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

No sir,
That would be you.

You are the nutter trying to rationalize using the state to force your religion upon others. cuckoo

rotflmo

I am glad you get enjoyment from your proclamations. And I would fight for your right to say them.

But, I know where I stand in life and how I got there…what works and doesn’t work.

Suffice it say…our personal feelings are mutual. Wink

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Prayers in schools are appropriate in parochial schools, not in the public arena using tax dollars. cuckoo

Elders in schools praying in view of the students IS a good thing. When there was more of it…there was less strife.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Elders in schools praying in view of the students IS a good thing. When there was more of it…there was less strife.

That is the purpose of a parochial school. Your religion has no place being promoted by tax dollars in a public school.

Evangelicals have to be some of the most obnoxious people walking this planet, the American version of the Taliban.

Fucking bat shit crazy cuckoo

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

No sir,
That would be you.

rotflmo

I am glad you get enjoyment from your proclamations. And I would fight for your right to say them.

But, I know where I stand in life and how I got there…what works and doesn’t work.

Suffice it say…our personal feelings are mutual. Wink

What works for you is fine, you still do not have the right to push your God upon others. This is America, not Iran. cuckoo

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post

A school elder praying aloud openly is not forcing anything on anyone. It is called setting an example…being a positive role model.

Believe it or not Steve, there are some general principles that are universal. “What works for me”…would work for many if they applied the same principles. Like I always say when people are calling some successful person and idiot. Rich men did not get rich by being dumb. Those who think they did or are…are the ones who fund them Wink

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

A school elder praying aloud openly is not forcing anything on anyone. It is called setting an example…being a positive role model.

Believe it or not Steve, there are some general principles that are universal. “What works for me”…would work for many if they applied the same principles. Like I always say when people are calling some successful person and idiot. Rich men did not get rich by being dumb. Those who think they did or are…are the ones who fund them Wink

Good. Take your children to church and expose them to it. I'm sure you did and that is well and good.

Lane and I have had this argument many times. I can never understand the need to force your choice of religion on children in public schools. If you want to expose your children to organized religion, take them to church or pay tuition at a parochial school. There are endless opportunities to get your kids all the churching you think they need.

-Every damn thing is your own fault if you are any good.

Posts: 15276 | Registered: 20 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It is the State Endorsing one religion over another and compelling others to speak.

It is tranny. It is against the Teachings of the New Testament as your view is the death of free will of choice that Jesus seeks.

The oppression you seek was beaten when states were no longer able to have state sponsored religions.

It is the State putting its thumb on the scale and declaring the true faith all must conform to and confirming the true prayer of the faithful.

Preach and pray as you want in your home and your Church.