Find
Notify
Tools

Biden Takes the Gloves Off Login/Join 
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:

A school elder praying aloud openly is not forcing anything on anyone. It is called setting an example…being a positive role model.

Believe it or not Steve, there are some general principles that are universal. “What works for me”…would work for many if they applied the same principles. Like I always say when people are calling some successful person and idiot. Rich men did not get rich by being dumb. Those who think they did or are…are the ones who fund them Wink

You might be the most myopic individual I have ever encountered.

You are hardly the only successful, wealthy person out there Lane, not all of them share your religious conviction. What works for you is fine, you trying to push that model on others is the problem.

A positive role model eh? Do you included all the child molesters hiding in the church among those fine examples?

You are not nearly as smart as you think you are.

Posts: 3770 | Location: Boulder Colorado | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by skb:
quote:

A school elder praying aloud openly is not forcing anything on anyone. It is called setting an example…being a positive role model.

Believe it or not Steve, there are some general principles that are universal. “What works for me”…would work for many if they applied the same principles. Like I always say when people are calling some successful person and idiot. Rich men did not get rich by being dumb. Those who think they did or are…are the ones who fund them Wink

You are hardly the only successful, wealthy person out there Lane, not all of them share your religious conviction. What works for you is fine, you trying to push that model on others is the problem.

A positive role model eh? Do you included all the child molesters hiding in the church among those fine examples?

I've known some very smart people, not one of whom found it necessary to ever tell anyone how smart they were.

You could tell.

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 9580 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dr. Easter does not like my Federally protected right not to be preached to by the State, not to have my children instructed on religion by the State, and that children of other parents cannot be forced to say or listen to the State mandated prayer.

He should take his own advice since he is in the minority on this issue nationally and move to a Nation-State that allows such social control by the approved Church.

Go ahead, you are the one who said it. Move.

Posts: 10963 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jefffive:

I've known some very smart people, not one of whom found it necessary to ever tell anyone how smart they were.

You could tell.

My experience mirrors yours.

Posts: 3770 | Location: Boulder Colorado | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

One thing for sure though…you have no idea or objective means to make assessment.

Like a lot of people…it make you feel good to say it.

Matters not to me…the proof is in the pudding. Wink

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36646 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
All I have to go on is your statements, they prove you to be a closed minded religious zealot.

Plenty of proof out there. The smartest, most successful guy I know is an avowed atheist.

You are only special in your own mind(I'm sure your mother thinks your "special" too).

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
All I have to go on is your statements, they prove you to be a closed minded religious zealot.

And those are his best qualities.

Plenty of proof out there. The smartest, most successful guy I know is an avowed atheist.

You are only special in your own mind(I'm sure your mother thinks your "special" too).

Posts: 9580 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:

Myopic? rotflmo

You are a self-professed professional hermit. You don’t employ anyone or deal with any public except for a few eccentric antique gun buyers.

Me…I deal with a large segment of the public. We currently have about a 100,000 active clients across our businesses and I employ just less than 100 individuals…some professional and some lay.

I work with the public on a daily basis, coach a baseball team, and sit on multiple boards. I am not myopic in my community and have a good grasp of my community’s and clients needs, wants, and desires. I recognize my local community differs from my client base which now spans 6 continents.

You are the myopic one…you see and react to only what affects you! You admit as much here all the time when discussing. You: “Not my bag”…you commonly reply with your blinders and ear muffs on. Your world is small.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36646 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

You could tell.

Ya'll must not have met many engineers, doctors, and/or EdD academics -- that's a joke, not a criticism

afterthought --
or lawyers

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38513 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jeffeosso:
quote:
quote:

You could tell.

Ya'll must not have met many engineers, doctors, and/or EdD academics -- that's a joke, not a criticism

afterthought --
or lawyers

Or cow doctors.

-Every damn thing is your own fault if you are any good.

Posts: 15134 | Registered: 20 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Myopic? rotflmo

You are a self-professed professional hermit. You don’t employ anyone or deal with any public except for a few eccentric antique gun buyers.

Me…I deal with a large segment of the public. We currently have about a 100,000 active clients across our businesses and I employ just less than 100 individuals…some professional and some lay.

I work with the public on a daily basis, coach a baseball team, and sit on multiple boards. I am not myopic in my community and have a good grasp of my community’s and clients needs, wants, and desires. I recognize my local community differs from my client base which now spans 6 continents.

You are the myopic one…you see and react to only what affects you! You admit as much here all the time when discussing. You: “Not my bag”…you commonly reply with your blinders and ear muffs on. Your world is small.

You are a funny man. I have been traveling extensively since I graduated High school. Next month will make five Continents for me and I am currently doing business on four. This will be my second overseas trip this year for business. Not that life is a competition like you seem to think, it is not.

I live life not for your approval, you pompous ass, but for my own fulfillment. If I wanted employees I would have them. Been there, done that. I prefer not having those obligations in my life, it is called a personal/professional choice, it seems to be a concept that you consistently struggle to grasp.

You are incredibly myopic, you surround yourself with like minded people and are convinced others are not entitled to live the way they see fit, but should live how you want them to. Totally, 100% myopic.

I could send you a length of rope and with kind suggestion that you might piss up it if you like?

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
are convinced others are not entitled to live the way they see fit, but should live how you want them to.

Somebody must have beat with a Bible as a child or something. You have this incredibly distorted view I and most Christians. I am sorry for your scars but please try an seek therapy.

Your quote above is 180° opposite from me. I mostly vote for the most libertarian candidate. In political quizzes…I always come out as a Libertarian. I have disdain for most all Government intrusions on our lives.

If you “actually” knew me…you would see me as a Libertarian live-and-let-live person because that is who I am. In regards to prayer in schools…that is what We (my community) fight for…to be left to live our lives as we see fit.

Myopic is a good descriptor for you on Christians.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
are convinced others are not entitled to live the way they see fit, but should live how you want them to.

Somebody must have beat with a Bible as a child or something. You have this incredibly distorted view I and most Christians. I am sorry for your scars but please try an seek therapy.

Your quote above is 180° opposite from me. I mostly vote for the most libertarian candidate. In political quizzes…I always come out as a Libertarian. I have disdain for most all Government intrusions on our lives.

If you “actually” knew me…you would see me as a Libertarian live-and-let-live person because that is who I am. In regards to prayer in schools…that is what We (my community) fight for…to be left to live our lives as we see fit.

Myopic is a good descriptor for you on Christians.

Oh I have plenty of first hand experience with "Good Christians", some of the most hypocritical folks I have encountered on this planet. Some really salt of the earth Christians out there too, my experience with the later group is that they tend to not try to intrude into other peoples lives.

You are nothing resembling a Libertarian.

You pick and choose where you want the Government to intrude, as long as it promotes your political goals.

Your community has no right to force it's religious views onto others who have differing views.

You remain a pompous ass.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dr. Easter, I happy to say you are not most Christians.

The Church I was baptized in would not let you get married in the building nor the pastor conduct the wedding service or hold any position in the Church. That is because you are a divorced person. They are wrong too.

I give the Pastor his due. When his wife left him he resigned, and never preached again.

You are no better, some would say worse than those you spitefully condemn.

You are certainly no more saved, blessed, nor Christian than I.

Jesus does not give one drop of his blood on the cross for your worldly possessions. Jesus does not care what you have gained by your labor. Remember the parable about the servants in the vineyard. The one who did not work but an hour got the same compensation. When the folk that are meant to represent you in the parable complained, the property owner, master, who represents Jesus told them:

‘I am not being unfair to you, friend. Didn’t you agree to work for a denarius? 14 Take your pay and go. I want to give the one who was hired last the same as I gave you. 15 Don’t I have the right to do what I want with my own money? Or are you envious because I am generous?’

“So the last will be first, and the first will be last.”

Your “reward@ in heaven is no more then a saved gay person’s “reward.”

Your material wealth, any of ours, is not the purpose or even a side affect if salvation.

Do what you wish with your money, but leave Jesus out if it. He granted you the ability. You were not saved into it.

I know you by your word. Your words condemn you for the man SKB describes.

Now, what you want to believe, teach your children, preach on the above religious issues is your prerogative. The State simply cannot do it for/with you.

Still waiting for you to explain why you do not take the same position the local governments be allied to exercise the will of their majorities and restrict firearms possession which was the Original Intent of the Bill of Rights.

No Court has ever held your interpretation of Religious freedom. The Fed Government could not do as you deserve, and state governments no longer could once the 1st Amendment was applied to the states. The reason is the religion portion has TWO CLAUSES that must be read in Harmony. The Founders were smarter than you. They knew to allow the majority to force religious teaching was tyranny. Originally, their goal was to compromise and limit the power of the New Federal Government to get states to co-sign,join.

Why do you not apply this local jurisdiction power to firearms? It is simple, you like that Fed Right. You do not like the Fed Right for folks not to be preached, instructed, and forced to say the state mandated religious sacraments.

You are a lier. That may make you mad. You may not care. However, it is true. You are not a libertarian.

Posts: 10963 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
I am always curious as to who it was who took the time to go into Texas records and research the fact that I was divorced. It is true. I do not hide from it but I also don’t go around talking about it. If I remember correctly, it was either you or Mike Jines that first brought it up so it had to have been one of y’all. I am certain that I didn’t announce it to the board.

It just reveals the depths of the stalking that goes on around this place. It’s not that I am worried about it…it just telling that there are some here who know no bounds.

Busy morning for me. I will circle back to this discussion later.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
You told us when you posted about Dens or Biden being “unfaithful.”

You also have a pre-teen son in your what late 50s, 60s.

That is not a hard one to figure out.

Point is what you teach and call gay people, some Christians teach the same about you.

Which version should the state endorse?

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LHeym500:

No…I didn’t. Someone made the statement that I was divorced (who had to have researched it) and I “acknowledged” that yes, I was.

It is true. I do not deny…never have. But it was a dark time in my life that I NEVER go around talking about.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Thank you Joshua for eliminating yourself from the list. I will take you at your word that it wasn’t you that went to the trouble to research my marital history. Had to have been Mike Jines then.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Research you? Don’t flatter yourself. You love talking about yourself enough, you do not have to one of the country’s greatest statisticians or a world-renowned vet to be able to understand what is really going on.

Mike

Posts: 21241 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

No…I didn’t. Someone made the statement that I was divorced (who had to have researched it) and I “acknowledged” that yes, I was.

It is true. I do not deny…never have. But it was a dark time in my life that I NEVER go around talking about.

That “dark time” is the point. You are considered no better than the gay/trans people by a percentage of Christians. They teach their children, you are the abomination. That you have no place in the Church.

That is why we do not let the state decide which faction is correct, and set religious teaching/instruction. Preach and teach what yuh want in your home and your church. I can’t and would not stop you.

Those people are as wrong as you are.

The State and its actors cannot endorse religious teachings for many reasons we have discussed.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you didn't divorce your wife for adultery, Lane, and you got remarried, then you are the adulterer, according to Jesus.

Or is this more pick-and-choose Christianity?

Posts: 6157 | Location: Coeur d' Alene, Idaho, USA | Registered: 08 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
To me the issue is what some define as endorsing religious teaching.

I think we all agree that someone should not be forced to say a prayer.

However, I think most don’t consider having a time dedicated to prayer/contemplation built in to a public school day is endorsing religious teaching… even if the coach is one of the folks praying. I don’t consider having a minister offering a prayer at an event like a graduation ceremony is endorsing it, either.

I do think that going to court to stop it is an infringement by the secular humanists in enforcing their beliefs on others.

The left goes on about mutual respect. Then they do this kind of thing. Hypocritical.

To some folks, religion is central to their identity. I think more folks consider themselves Christians of some stripe than not in this country… that being the case, I don’t see a non forcing opportunity for religious expression as meeting “endorsing” religion.

If the community decides they want to allow the Muslim call to prayer on the PA system, but don’t make you pray to Allah, that’s not endorsing either.

Where I work (governmental) they routinely announce on the PA system whatever religious service is happening and where. They also pay a chaplain.

Posts: 10663 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by crbutler:

However, I think most don’t consider having a time dedicated to prayer/contemplation built in to a public school day is endorsing religious teaching… even if the coach is one of the folks praying. I don’t consider having a minister offering a prayer at an event like a graduation ceremony is endorsing it, either.

I do think that going to court to stop it is an infringement by the secular humanists in enforcing their beliefs on others.

The left goes on about mutual respect. Then they do this kind of thing. Hypocritical.

To some folks, religion is central to their identity. I think more folks consider themselves Christians of some stripe than not in this country… that being the case, I don’t see a non forcing opportunity for religious expression as meeting “endorsing” religion.

If the community decides they want to allow the Muslim call to prayer on the PA system, but don’t make you pray to Allah, that’s not endorsing either.

Where I work (governmental) they routinely announce on the PA system whatever religious service is happening and where. They also pay a chaplain.

"Offering a prayer" at a publicly-run institution constitutes an endorsement and forces it on all in attendance, regardless of their belief structure.

How about twice a year we open all high school games with a prayer offered by the Church of Satan, just for a little variety. You okay with that?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Take it up with the SCOTUS.

Lee v. Weisman

In a 5-to-4 decision, the Court held that government involvement in this case creates "a state-sponsored and state-directed religious exercise in a public school." Such conduct conflicts with settled rules proscribing prayer for students. The school's rule creates subtle and indirect coercion (students must stand respectfully and silently), forcing students to act in ways which establish a state religion. The cornerstone principle of the Establishment Clause is that government may not compose official prayers to recite as part of a religious program carried on by government.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

"Offering a prayer" at a publicly-run institution constitutes an endorsement and forces it on all in attendance, regardless of their belief structure.

How about twice a year we open all high school games with a prayer offered by the Church of Satan, just for a little variety. You okay with that?

No to the Church of Satan. It is the same problem. An appendage of the state mandating and engaging religious sacrament, religious instruction. It does not matter what the religion is. I know the question was rhetorical and to make a point. I hope the point gets driven home.

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MJines:
Research you? Don’t flatter yourself. You love talking about yourself enough, you do not have to one of the country’s greatest statisticians or a world-renowned vet to be able to understand what is really going on.

Again, it is public record, and I don’t hide from it. That said…not a subject I talk about either. In fact, I am 100% certain that I never spoke about it here.

Pretty sure it was you that brought it up initially and in such a manner which was telling you had already looked it up.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Perhaps it is simply when a general point hits too close to home, you take it personal. The only thing I have ever said here about divorce was a general comment to the effect that my suspicion was that many of the religious zealots on here that are quick to condemn others were divorced and as the scriptures teach, remarrying is adultery. An hypocrisy lost on the religious zealots. Maybe you self identify as a religious zealot.

Mike

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Church of Satan? Satanic Temple? Local Temple/Mosque - sure let em.

I believe the general religious concept is that sin is between god and the sinner - seems to be pretty common across several religions and philosophies.

Ya'll going after Lane personally about a divorce is a bit sh!tty - but you won't care, you'll justify it and carry-on .. you won't care about me saying "shame on you, too" .. but i have ZERO religious standing to say so

Funny how the left is SUPPOSED to be tolerant and accepting, but wow, it's true... UNLESS it goes against their own point/onjective

#dumptrump

476AR,

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
Perhaps it is simply when a general point hits too close to home, you take it personal.

Yeah, Mike - when it gets personal, only a fool wouldn't see it as personal -- is what it is

The man said he wouldn't talk about that "dark time" and doesn't need to give his "testimony" to please people "shooting" at him

#dumptrump

476AR,

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think Lane's divorce is really only his concern and that of his former spouse. Why on earth would my opinion have any validity in such a personal matter regarding another individuals love life?

Kinda like everything else other folks do behind closed doors, not my concern.

How about the seven tribes? Can they lead prayer to school children? Maybe the church of cannabis?

Not so much in my opinion.

It is not a left or right issue for me Jeffe but a personal privacy issue. I have seen children turned against their own parents(inside of my own family) through evangelical "teachings". I think the very best place for a child to learn about religion is from their parents, Grand Parents, etc. It is just not the place of the Government.

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
The only person to blame for bringing Lane’s divorce into the conversation is . . . Lane. He raised it. My comment months ago about divorce was a general comment pointing out the hypocrisy of the pious in wanting to throw stones at others while living in their own glass house.

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
The only person to blame for bringing Lane’s divorce into the conversation is . . . Lane. He raised it. My comment months ago about divorce was a general comment pointing out the hypocrisy of the pious in wanting to throw stones at others while living in their own glass house.

Totally agree.

I was just gently pointing out that Lane deserves the privacy he does not think others are entitled to.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think we ought to drop it. Who cares? Happy to bash Lane nonstop on his political views. I could care less about his marital history.

Shit, when I try to be the voice of reason, you know things have gone sideways.

one of us
posted Hide Post
This is a noxious thread, I don't feel bad about hijacking it, since Lane is reading it and I'd like him to see this web site.

https://www.sysco.com/Sustainability/Planet.html

Pictures of a battery electric Cascadia semi that delivers actual stuff here for Sysco.
I'll post a picture of it in a local parking lot delivering stuff off its lift gate, if I can figure out how to do it.

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14390 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jeffeosso:
Church of Satan? Satanic Temple? Local Temple/Mosque - sure let em.

I believe the general religious concept is that sin is between god and the sinner - seems to be pretty common across several religions and philosophies.

I extend to Dr. Easter more

Ya'll going after Lane personally about a divorce is a bit sh!tty - but you won't care, you'll justify it and carry-on .. you won't care about me saying "shame on you, too" .. but i have ZERO religious standing to say so

Funny how the left is SUPPOSED to be tolerant and accepting, but wow, it's true... UNLESS it goes against their own point/onjective

I do not feel one bit bad about bringing up Dr. Easter’s divorce. He wants to to condemn a group of people he reads the Bible saying to. He wants his view of Christianity endorsed and taught by the state.

Well, there are a group of Christians that see him as the sexual sinner just like gay people. How is the state supposed to decide which faction is correct. It can’t.

The New Testament does not mention gay people. It does fornicators and we have the women at the well which starts with a divorced woman. Of course, Jesus reaffirms permissible divorce under the Old Testament law.

The point is Dr. Easter comes here advocating that bc of his view of Christian morality the state should enforce his views on voiding people’s marriages, criminalizing their adult consensual relationships, and enforcing religious instruction through prayer. He ignores that he does not wish the same applied to him by other Christians.

They say the same about my marriage and my Christianity as we are not having children.

I extend more compassion and tolerance to Dr. Easter than the groups. This is because he attacks ( I’m just saying the Old Testament calls them abominations. We need to let Texas void their marriages and criminalize their relationships, and all Abortion are evil), and wishes for the State to enforce his “religious views on those relationships.

I do not support nor advocate the state adopting or enforcing a civil law that would allow those in a majority area that would condemn him to control l, enact those religious beliefs into civil policy. He does.

Get married and divorce all one desires. Divorce lawyers need to eat too.

This very discussion is why Dr. Easter is wrong in his advocacy for overturning Lawrence v Texas. He is not in the majority of the ”righteous” everywhere. The public sphere and civil law is for all of us.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Again, it is public record, and I don’t hide from it. That said…not a subject I talk about either. In fact, I am 100% certain that I never spoke about it here.

Pretty sure it was you that brought it up initially and in such a manner which was telling you had already looked it up.

You just said you affirmed it in that thread. That means you told us.

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

You just said you affirmed it in that thread. That means you told us.

I was put in a position to answer a question about being divorced by an attorney who knew the answer before he asked. As soon as I read the post, I knew either you or Mike Jines had gone to the trouble to look up the records before hand. Of course I said “yes I was”…it is the truth.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Dr. Easter, I happy to say you are not most Christians.

Speculation on your part. I certainly fit in in the middle of the crowd in TX-13.

The Church I was baptized in would not let you get married in the building nor the pastor conduct the wedding service or hold any position in the Church. That is because you are a divorced person. They are wrong too.

I am not trying to change their minds. They are free to view it how they choose.

I give the Pastor his due. When his wife left him he resigned, and never preached again.

You are no better, some would say worse than those you spitefully condemn.

I condemn no one.

You are certainly no more saved, blessed, nor Christian than I.

I am Saved. Only you can answer that question for yourself…I take you at your word. To the rest of that statement…I have no knowledge about you to even speculate. I am a Christian and I have been blessed in life with more than I deserve.

Jesus does not give one drop of his blood on the cross for your worldly possessions.

Amen

Jesus does not care what you have gained by your labor.

Amen

Remember the parable about the servants in the vineyard. The one who did not work but an hour got the same compensation. When the folk that are meant to represent you in the parable complained, the property owner, master, who represents Jesus told them:

‘I am not being unfair to you, friend. Didn’t you agree to work for a denarius? 14 Take your pay and go. I want to give the one who was hired last the same as I gave you. 15 Don’t I have the right to do what I want with my own money? Or are you envious because I am generous?’

The parable was about greed, jealousy, and coveting others possessions. Not sure of your application here.

And Paul wrote: “If you don’t work, you don’t eat.” A rule among the Apostles.

“So the last will be first, and the first will be last.”

Amen

Your “reward@ in heaven is no more then a saved gay person’s “reward.”

As I have stated many times…we are ALL God’s children. Not one among is greater in the eyes of God. The “only” way to the Father is through Jesus Christ.

Your material wealth, any of ours, is not the purpose or even a side affect if salvation.

Amen! Salvation is it’s own reward.

Blessings however take on many shapes and forms for those who find favor with God.

Do what you wish with your money, but leave Jesus out if it.

Why would I leave Jesus out of that aspect of my life? I don’t do anything in life where I leave Jesus out. Money is a key element in today’s world of carrying out the work of Jesus.

He granted you the ability.

A blessing.

You were not saved into it.

Amen.

Not even sure of your line of reasoning here. Of course Salvation has zero to do with ability of wealth. Confused

I know you by your word. Your words condemn you for the man SKB describes.

You and SKB spend a lot of time putting words into my mouth and vilifying me for the scoundrel you both want me to be. Y’all do not define me nor do y’all grasp who I am or what I am about. I am often amazed by both’s inability to see things in a broader scope.

Now, what you want to believe, teach your children, preach on the above religious issues is your prerogative. The State simply cannot do it for/with you.

I do not ask “the State” to do it…never have. That said…the Founders never envisioned a government devoid of religion.

Still waiting for you to explain why you do not take the same position the local governments be allied to exercise the will of their majorities and restrict firearms possession which was the Original Intent of the Bill of Rights.

Joshua,
I listen to what you write. You have taught me to see the Incorporation Doctrine in a new light. I give credit where credit is due. As to the Original Intent of the Bill of Rights…I simply do not agree with you there. SCOTUS decisions are just the opinion of the majority of 9 people. They get it wrong sometimes.

No Court has ever held your interpretation of Religious freedom.

It was never really tested in courts until a very liberal era began. I believe the era has changed. Court rulings are merely opinions and opinions change.

The Fed Government could not do as you deserve, and state governments no longer could once the 1st Amendment was applied to the states. The reason is the religion portion has TWO CLAUSES that must be read in Harmony. The Founders were smarter than you. They knew to allow the majority to force religious teaching was tyranny.

For the umpteen millionth time…nobody wants to force religion onto anyone.

And make no mistake about it…The Founders never envisioned a government “devoid” of religion. They wanted freedom “of” religion NOT freedom “from” religion. They were all religious men and their faith shaped our government.

Originally, their goal was to compromise and limit the power of the New Federal Government to get states to co-sign,join.

Why do you not apply this local jurisdiction power to firearms? It is simple, you like that Fed Right.

That right is ‘specifically’ spelled out in the Constitution and as I read…did not require the concept of the Incorporation Doctrine.

You do not like the Fed Right for folks not to be preached,

Just FYI, prayer and preaching are 2 different things.

instructed, and forced to say the state mandated religious sacraments.

2020 More of you putting words in my mouth. Never advocated for by me.

You are a lier.

No sir…I am not. However, you are or at least you are incapable of interpreting written conversation as most of what you say I said…I did not.

That may make you mad. You may not care.

I certainly don’t care what you think of me. However I do expect you to quote what I actually say…not your bastardized paraphrase. You are fond of putting words in my mouth…that does piss me off.

However, it is true. You are not a libertarian.

I may not be a Libertarian in the purest sense but in the broader sense, my political views fit the Libertarian category better than any other. Certainly, I am a small and hands-off government type of guy.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Freedom "of" religion includes being free "from" someone's religion with which you do not agree.

Prayer reading in a public school most certainly is forcing religion upon others.

Church of cannabis OK? The seven tribes? Not so much. Same for evangelicals who would turn children against their own parents.

You are free to worship as you see fit, you do not have the right to push those views upon others who may see things differently.

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Freedom "of" religion includes being free "from" someone's religion with which you do not agree.

I disagree. Lots of things within our government I disagree with that I am not free from.

Prayer reading in a public school most certainly is forcing religion upon others.

Disagree.

Church of cannabis OK? The seven tribes? Not so much. Same for evangelicals who would turn children against their own parents.

Roll Eyes

You are free to worship as you see fit, you do not have the right to push those views upon others who may see things differently.

Pushing views? That is hard topic. Is being a good role-model or leading by example…pushing views???

What if the parents freeload off the government but the shop teacher teaches them a trade and how to go to work??? Is that pushing views? coffee

J. Lane Easter, DVM