New
Find
Notify
Tools

Biden Takes the Gloves Off Login/Join 
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Steve,
you missed the point - they are not part of "Our Government", at that implied some shared context -
They are part of local administration - literally no voter/civilian outside of the district has ANY say as to what happens within it - Nor do they, in the largest part, take taxes outside of the district -

I get it, Colorado likely doesn't have a 'port authority" for example - Houston and Galveston certainly do, and they also collect taxes - btw, all of this is based on property tax, which is locally collected.

Like i said, again, it doesn't apply to Texas

but, if you'd like to find more contradictions that the bible, here's a read for you

https://tea.texas.gov/texas-schools/school-boards

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38513 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jeffe,
It is you who is missing the point. It does not matter what your local district wants, it is not civilians or voters outside the district that are the issue, it is the minority viewpoint(voters and taxpayers) WITHIN your local district that are protected from the tyranny of the majority by OUR Federal Government. Those minority protections are afforded to every individual within the boundaries of the US of A. If BFE Texas can weaken the protections for minorities, then other districts can too. So in that sense every single residence in this country has a vested interest in keeping those protections in place.

Posts: 3770 | Location: Boulder Colorado | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
you are right, 100%, 100% of the time, in all matters - except when you are in conflict with my wife, then she's right --

i mean, heck, it's apparent that you have spent 100% of your life in Texas, with a perfect understanding of all things Texas, and still, somehow, manage to mind your own business to boot.

You, sir, are an amazing individual of unspoken knowledge, wisdom, insight, and a perfect knowledge of everything

Amen

oh, "show him your badge"

#dumptrump

476AR,

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jeffeosso:
you are right, 100%, 100% of the time, in all matters - except when you are in conflict with my wife, then she's right --

i mean, heck, it's apparent that you have spent 100% of your life in Texas, with a perfect understanding of all things Texas, and still, somehow, manage to mind your own business to boot.

You, sir, are an amazing individual of unspoken knowledge, wisdom, insight, and a perfect knowledge of everything

Amen

What makes you think the Second Amendment, every jot and tittle, applies to even the most obscure corner of the United States but large swaths of Texas are somehow completely independent of the rest of the Constitution?

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 9580 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Holy "read into the answer" batman - i merely said steve was right in all matters, unless it conflicts with my wife's opinion

Oh, perhaps I won't be as nice as I could be
quote:
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

I didn't realize 27 words, including "A", "to", "the", two commas and a period -- who knew it was a compound sentence and complex matter that required "higher learning" for analysis for every, what was it, "jot and title"?

I mean, heck, i guess i need to reckon on that one for days....

of course *I* have never said it "applies to the most obscure corner" - that's your strawman, you make it march

#dumptrump

476AR,

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Amen

How in the world is Texas an exception when it comes to the protections that each and every one of us has been granted to us by our Federal Government? Either you are in the union or you are out. Texas lost that war long ago. Federal law applies even in BFE...crazy right?

You Texans sure can be a deluded lot.

Posts: 3770 | Location: Boulder Colorado | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Huvius
posted Hide Post
quote:
Lane's religion belongs in our schools no more than Rastafarianism does(a Federally recognized religion I may add).

Odd choice. Rastafari and traditional Christians believe in the same God.
Quite similar in many ways.

I am very glad you used them as an example though.

Here's where the separation of Church and State as you would prefer it, gets quite sticky.

Are you in favor of banning every Reggae song with the word "Jah" from public schools?

Is displaying a picture of Bob Marley in the classroom unconstitutional because it could be viewed as promoting the Rastafari religion over another?

Posts: 3239 | Location: Colorado U.S.A. | Registered: 24 December 2004Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by skb:

How in the world is Texas an exception when it comes to the protections that each and every one of us has been granted to us by our Federal Government

Say, Steve,
Let's DO be clear -- and I mean CLEAR -- You live in Colorado - "Weed" is ILLEGAL federally - and yet somehow your State voted to approve recreational weed in 2012, amendment 64, with a roughly 55/45% voting.

YOUR STATE trampled the rights and wishes of over a MILLION voter, and in frank violation of FEDERAL LAW, and passed the measure -- federal law that is supposed to provide equal protection under the law

Sir, i encourage you to look in the mirror at your own state on "exceptionalism"

I do trust that 45% of the voters of your own state surpasses your threshold of significance.

hypocrite

but I am too, as I think weed should be as legal and regulated as booze

#dumptrump

476AR,

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Huvius:
quote:
Lane's religion belongs in our schools no more than Rastafarianism does(a Federally recognized religion I may add).

Here's where the separation of Church and State as you would prefer it, gets quite sticky.

Are you in favor of banning every Reggae song with the word "Jah" from public schools?

Is displaying a picture of Bob Marley in the classroom unconstitutional because it could be viewed as promoting the Rastafari religion over another?

AS I have routinely said, sure, man, whatever religion floats your boat. But can you imagine how much fun highschool would be with a bunch of laid bask rastas as the admin?

#dumptrump

476AR,

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

How in the world is Texas an exception when it comes to the protections that each and every one of us has been granted to us by our Federal Government

Say, Steve,
Let's DO be clear -- and I mean CLEAR -- You live in Colorado - "Weed" is ILLEGAL federally - and yet somehow your State voted to approve recreational weed in 2012, amendment 64, with a roughly 55/45% voting.

YOUR STATE trampled the rights and wishes of over a MILLION voter, and in frank violation of FEDERAL LAW, and passed the measure --

Sir, i encourage you to look in the mirror at your own state on "exceptionalism"

I do trust that 45% of the voters of your own state surpasses your threshold of significance.

hypocrite

Nothing in Colorado Law requires that 45% to smoke pot in any form.

Posts: 9580 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Huvius
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jefffive:
quote:
quote:

Say, Steve,

YOUR STATE trampled the rights and wishes of over a MILLION voter, and in frank violation of FEDERAL LAW, and passed the measure --

hypocrite

Nothing in Colorado Law requires that 45% to smoke pot in any form.

Nothing in the Law, true, but just try to attend a concert or go to the park without getting a big waft of marijuana smoke.

The legalization verbiage is very specific but the police here do not enforce the law regarding pot.
All of us non users just have to put up with it...

And... as it's connected to Rastafarianism, smoking pot is a religious experience so they are forcing ME to participate in their religion!!! stir

Posts: 3239 | Location: Colorado U.S.A. | Registered: 24 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Say, Steve,

YOUR STATE trampled the rights and wishes of over a MILLION voter, and in frank violation of FEDERAL LAW, and passed the measure -- federal law that is supposed to provide equal protection under the law

hypocrite

Try, try as you might, the minority still is protected from the majority imposing religion upon them.

And they should be too.....

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Huvius:
quote:

Are you in favor of banning every Reggae song with the word "Jah" from public schools? No I am not in favor of banning Jah, Christmas carols or a teacher having a picture of Bob Marley, Jesus or the Pope on thier personal desk. I am totally against that same teaching leading a prayer of any type. It does get tricky, we sang gospel songs in public school, Christmas carol's etc. It did not bother me then and that is not a huge deal to me now. Seems different than the home room teacher starting the day with "The Lord's Prayer" though.

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Say, Steve,

hypocrite

Try, try as you might, the minority still is protected from the majority imposing religion upon them.

And they should be too.....

And yet your next post contradicts this post -

your response is cute, one might say from a unique view point, one unconsidered by all other men, for some reason - truly amazing -

But, from Huvious' post, it appears that AT LEAST ONE (oh, i know you don't care about that low a percentage and all - your refinement of your sensibilities is truly a beacon) had someone else's religious practices forced on this -- but you are good with it, as it's an "insignificant" amount in your irrefutable perspective -- after all, he could just curtail his activities and/or move, right?

But, your leis sa faire attitude about your state actually voting in violation of federal law, i guess you'd have NO ISSUE with such a tiny percentage as "BFE Texas" voting to push their religious practices on the whole?

Of COURSE you wouldn't -but you are a hypocrite, just like all of us -- and CO voting for weed isn't your bull being gored, now, is it?

#dumptrump

476AR,

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Colorado voting for weed is indeed not my bull being gored Jeffe.

Not a big issue for me. I think we likely have more pressing issues to address.

My State voting to let Wolves loose, that annoys the living shit of of me.

State sponsored religion....also annoys the living shit out of me.

Go figure eh?

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:

Disgusting??? Roll Eyes

Certainly using the power of the Federal Government to control people at the local level is NOT in any way shape or form a libertarian concept…you cannot argue against that.

Yes, absolutely disgusting.

To you…I guess so. In Texas-13 (my US Congressional district) it polls about 80-90% favorable among all registered voters.

The public education system is part of our Government.

It is technically part of the State government.

The Federal Government has stepped in and said that those Government employees cannot favor any one religion over another,

No one wants “favoriing” of any religion.

that is not control but rather protecting the rights of individuals who do not want to be subjected to another's religious beliefs in public schools.

In Agriculture curriculum…slaughtering of livestock for food is taught. Doesn’t that offend the vegetarians, vegans, and animal rights people. There is no guarantees in the Constitution that you will be protected from something that “offends” you when it causes you absolutely no harm.

That is the benefit of living in a representative republic VS a democracy, our founders understood the value of protecting the rights of the minority from the tyranny of the majority.

I agree with that^^^100%.

I just don’t believe that “passive” prayer is something that is tyrannical in any shape or form.

No Libertarian would support a State sanctioned religion.

No one speaking of state sanctioned religion. Libertarians want small gvt with a hands-off approach to local communities.

You are not a Libertarian,

I am a Libertarian.

you are a religious zealot.

Roll Eyes

It is plain to see for anyone paying attention.

What is plain to see is that “you” are no Libertarian and have no clue as to what Libertarianism actually is. You enjoy Government using its forceful hand to advance “your” ideology. I personally just want them to protect the borders, operate the government business in a fiscally responsible way, and follow the Constitution as it was originally intended. Since for the first 200 years prayer was allowed in schools…I am not buying it is banned by the Constitution and hopefully the current SCOTUS will correct that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36646 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Disgusting??? Roll Eyes

Certainly using the power of the Federal Government to control people at the local level is NOT in any way shape or form a libertarian concept…you cannot argue against that.

To you…I guess so. In Texas-13 (my US Congressional district) it polls about 80-90% favorable among all registered voters.

It is technically part of the State government.

The Federal Government has stepped in and said that those Government employees cannot favor any one religion over another,

No one wants “favoriing” of any religion.

that is not control but rather protecting the rights of individuals who do not want to be subjected to another's religious beliefs in public schools.

In Agriculture curriculum…slaughtering of livestock for food is taught. Doesn’t that offend the vegetarians, vegans, and animal rights people. There is no guarantees in the Constitution that you will be protected from something that “offends” you when it causes you absolutely no harm.

That is the benefit of living in a representative republic VS a democracy, our founders understood the value of protecting the rights of the minority from the tyranny of the majority.

I just don’t believe that “passive” prayer is something that is tyrannical in any shape or form.

No one speaking of state sanctioned religion. Libertarians want small gvt with a hands-off approach to local communities.

I am a Libertarian.

Roll Eyes

What is plain to see is that “you” are no Libertarian and have no clue as to what Libertarianism actually is. You enjoy Government using its forceful hand to advance “your” ideology. I personally just want them to protect the borders, operate the government business in a fiscally responsible way, and follow the Constitution as it was originally intended. Since for the first 200 years prayer was allowed in schools…I am not buying it is banned by the Constitution and hopefully the current SCOTUS will correct that.

You know, "originalism" just might be the stupidest single political philosophy going. The idea that a set of rules devised for governance 230 years ago would be best applied unaltered today could only be forwarded by people convinced that the fairy tales Bronze-age goat herders told their children to explain things science hadn't been invented for described the literal truth of events from the end of the Stone age.

The Constitution doesn't grant corporations any form of "citizenship" but "originalists" have managed to find it in there. Abortion was so commonplace that Ben Franklin published a recipe for an abortifactant (carefully stressing the importance of accurate measures) but it's somehow no longer "originalist".

Almost just seems like a cynical ploy to claim the Constitution says whatever in the sheep-dippin' Hell you want it to say.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Disgusting??? Roll Eyes

To you…I guess so. In Texas-13 (my US Congressional district) it polls about 80-90% favorable among all registered voters. That 10-20% that do not want your religion is the issue, the minority is protected in this case from the from the majority imposing religion upon them.

It is technically part of the State government. Exactly my point, private parochial school is the place to pray aloud, not public schools.

No one wants “favoriing” of any religion. I completely disagree, you stated yesterday that athiests were not suitable role models. You clearly favor Christianity in a public school setting.

In Agriculture curriculum…slaughtering of livestock for food is taught. Doesn’t that offend the vegetarians, vegans, and animal rights people. There is no guarantees in the Constitution that you will be protected from something that “offends” you when it causes you absolutely no harm. None of those issues are religion, the State has no place in forwarding religious beliefs. Vegans are not constitutionally protected.

You have not been advocating for passive prayer, I have no issue with that nor do I know anyone who does. You have been advocating for elders leading prayer at the start of the school day, that is not passive at all.

No one speaking of state sanctioned religion. Libertarians want small gvt with a hands-off approach to local communities. You are trying to put lipsticjk on a pig, it is still a pig. The school is part of the State, you want elders reading prayer aloud to start the school day, that is the State sanctioning religion. No doubt about it.

I am a Libertarian.

Roll Eyes The truth is hard to take at times.

No, you want the Government to promote your religious views and to become involved in other peoples most personal aspects of their life. That is not libertarian in the least. I want Government out of the private life of citizens. Prayer is still allowed in schools, private and parochial schools.

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Disgusting??? Roll Eyes

To you…I guess so. In Texas-13 (my US Congressional district) it polls about 80-90% favorable among all registered voters. That 10-20% that do not want your religion is the issue, the minority is protected in this case from the from the majority imposing religion upon them.

It is technically part of the State government. Exactly my point, private parochial school is the place to pray aloud, not public schools.

No one wants “favoriing” of any religion. I completely disagree, you stated yesterday that athiests were not suitable role models. You clearly favor Christianity in a public school setting.

In Agriculture curriculum…slaughtering of livestock for food is taught. Doesn’t that offend the vegetarians, vegans, and animal rights people. There is no guarantees in the Constitution that you will be protected from something that “offends” you when it causes you absolutely no harm. None of those issues are religion, the State has no place in forwarding religious beliefs. Vegans are not constitutionally protected.

You have not been advocating for passive prayer, I have no issue with that nor do I know anyone who does. You have been advocating for elders leading prayer at the start of the school day, that is not passive at all.

No one speaking of state sanctioned religion. Libertarians want small gvt with a hands-off approach to local communities. You are trying to put lipsticjk on a pig, it is still a pig. The school is part of the State, you want elders reading prayer aloud to start the school day, that is the State sanctioning religion. No doubt about it.

I am a Libertarian.

Roll Eyes The truth is hard to take at times.

No, you want the Government to promote your religious views and to become involved in other peoples most personal aspects of their life.

Wrong

That is not libertarian in the least.

Getting Federal government totally of the community government IS a Libertarian goal.

I want Government out of the private life of citizens.

No you don’t. You want them to use there heavy hand to “regulate” schools (state government) to fit “your” ideology.

Prayer is still allowed in schools, private and parochial schools.

And you hit upon the key word…”allowed!” It should be allowed when and where the local community wants it. It harms no one. The Constitution guarantees no one the protection from being “offended” by it no more than it protects the vegan/vegetarian/animal rights activists from being offended by the teachings of livestock utilization for food.

That my friend is how a Libertarian thinks.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36646 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
n.

[/QUOTE] No, you want the Government to promote your religious views and to become involved in other peoples most personal aspects of their life.

[COLOR:RED]Wrong

That is not libertarian in the least.

Getting Federal government totally of the community government IS a Libertarian goal. Libertarians do not call for the local Government to endorse or promote any religion. A Theocracy is not libertarian in the least.

I want Government out of the private life of citizens.

No you don’t. You want them to use there heavy hand to “regulate” schools (state government) to fit “your” ideology. I want no State endorsed religion, that is exactly the type of Government regulation we need. Religious education should occur in religious schools, not the public sector. You are the one who wants the Government to enforce your religious views regarding marriage, abortion, etc. Nothing Libertarian about that.

Prayer is still allowed in schools, private and parochial schools.

And you hit upon the key word…”allowed!” It should be allowed when and where the local community wants it. It harms no one. The Constitution guarantees no one the protection from being “offended” by it no more than it protects the vegan/vegetarian/animal rights activists from being offended by the teachings of livestock utilization for food.

That my friend is how a Libertarian thinks.
[/color][/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

The Constitution protects that 10-20% from funding the promotion of your religious beliefs. Your idea of elders praying aloud to everyone is simply something the minority does not have to endure in a public setting. That is why we have religious schools. You are no Libertarian.

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
The above is getting too convoluted.

People are no more protected “from” religion than the vegan from livestock utilization by the Constitution.

The Constitution guarantees people have the “to” worship how they wish or abstain.

School elders “ad libing” a prayer in public is NOT teaching religion.

Libertarians want the Fed Government to be totally out of the lives of local communities.

They want borders protected, physically responsible government business, and adherence to the Constitution as written.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
The Federal Government adds no expenditure to allow school officials to ad lib a prayer as warranted by their discretion.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

People are no more protected “from” religion than the vegan from livestock utilization by the Constitution.

The Constitution guarantees people have the “to” worship how they wish or abstain.

Libertarians want the Fed Government to be totally out of the lives of local communities.

They want borders protected, physically responsible government business, and adherence to the Constitution as written.

Your full it. You want it both ways, you want to use the Government to push your religious views upon everyone, IE Abortion, prayer in schools, gay marriage etc, and at the same time claim you are Libertarian and want the Government out of people's lives.

What you want is for the local Government to be able to set rules and regulations enforcing your religion and worldview upon everybody. That is not Libertarian at all.

You want a Theocracy, we do not live in one.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
The Federal Government adds no expenditure to allow school officials to ad lib a prayer as warranted by their discretion.

Reading prayer aloud is not passive in the least, you want indoctrination.

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
quote:

Another ridiculous statement from the religious fringe of the GOP. So you seriously maintain that a child, seven or eight years old, that looks up to their teacher, principal, etc. does not have their views regarding religion affected by seeing and hearing a role model in their life pray aloud in front of the class? Seriously? But the greater irony is that the same people that say that prayer in school has no impact on a child's view of religion are quick to tell us how the school system is indoctrinating children with progressive ideas while their minds are young and malleable. So, let's review, children are naive and prone to influence when it comes to progressive ideas and influences but insofar as religion and prayer is concerned children are much more discerning and able to form their own independent views. Amazing. You cannot make this crap up.

Mike

Posts: 21241 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MJines:
quote:

Another ridiculous statement from the religious fringe of the GOP. So you seriously maintain that a child, seven or eight years old, that looks up to their teacher, principal, etc. does not have their views regarding religion affected by seeing and hearing a role model in their life pray aloud in front of the class? Seriously? But the greater irony is that the same people that say that prayer in school has no impact on a child's view of religion are quick to tell us how the school system is indoctrinating children with progressive ideas while their minds are young and malleable. So, let's review, children are naive and prone to influence when it comes to progressive ideas and influences but insofar as religion and prayer is concerned children are much more discerning and able to form their own independent views. Amazing. You cannot make this crap up.

Yet, they do make it up...

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Your full it. You want it both ways, you want to use the Government to push your religious views upon everyone,

Full of it? Hardly! You are the pot calling the kettle black here.

IE Abortion,

Abortion is taking of a life. All people have the right to life under our Constitution.

prayer in schools,

All Libertarians are fine with others praying.

gay marriage etc,

Not a biggie with me. Should have NOT been called marriage and Civil Union should have been the term. Again, no mountain for me to die on.

and at the same time claim you are Libertarian and want the Government out of people's lives.

Correct! Current they are inhibiting local communities.

What you want is for the local Government to be able to set rules and regulations enforcing and allow your religion and worldview upon everybodyfreedom “of” religion.

That is not Libertarian at all.

What “I” am saying (not your bastardization) IS Libertarianism.

You want a Theocracy,

No sir!

we do not live in one.

Agreed

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
You are calling for local Government to be able to step on the rights of Individuals and impose your religion on them. That is not Libertarian. Government, in all its forms, Local, State and Federal has no place promoting religious views. You are free to worship, you are not free to use tax dollars and the Government to push your religious views on others. I do not want your religion and many others feel the same way, that 10-20% is not obligated to pay for indoctrination of your religious views.

Nothing at all Libertarian in your views.

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Hey Steve,
can I see YOUR badge for "Gatekeeper of Libertarianism" --

Ain't interfering with Lane's concept NOT minding your own business? Or is it above your "threshhold" for NGAF like mutating minors?

Just trying to be clear which way you are breaking to be a hypocrite

#dumptrump

476AR,

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hey Steve,

Ain't interfering with Lane's concept NOT minding your own business? Or is it above your "threshhold" for NGAF like mutating minors?

Just trying to be clear which way you are breaking to be a hypocrite

Oh Jeffe,
Trust me on this one, I rise to virtually zero rage bait. Just not my thing. A new story appears daily, "You should be outraged because..."
But I just can't seem to GAF.

A friend called the other day and mentioned that every time he calls I seem happy and in a good mood. The less I care what others do, the bigger my smile becomes.

As to Lane's fallacy on Libertarianism, I just hate to see a lie repeated over and over again until the simpletons follow along. He is in no way endorsing Libertarianism. Can either of you show me where the Libertarian party platform calls for promoting religion or school prayer via the Government? Local, State or Federal? I do not believe that you can.

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hey Steve,

tell me you don't "rage bait" without telling me you "Rage bait"

quote:
I just hate to see a lie repeated over and over again until the simpletons follow along. He is in no way endorsing Libertarianism. Can either of you show me where the Libertarian party platform calls for promoting religion or school prayer via the Government? Local, State or Federal? I do not believe that you can.

I wish I was perfect a human being as you - you are just amazing

#dumptrump

476AR,

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

quote:
I just hate to see a lie repeated over and over again until the simpletons follow along. He is in no way endorsing Libertarianism. Can either of you show me where the Libertarian party platform calls for promoting religion or school prayer via the Government? Local, State or Federal? I do not believe that you can.

Was that your way of saying you could find nothing in the Libertarian party platform that calls for the Government promoting religion or school prayer ? I thought maybe Big Grin

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Was that your way of saying you could find nothing in the Libertarian party platform that calls for the Government promoting religion or school prayer ? I thought maybe Big Grin

quote:
Hey Steve,

https://images.ctfassets.net/d...onsive_OnSiteCRM.jpg

Nah, Steve - I want to see your badge as a gatekeeper- literally NO ONE believes all the talking points of a platform - not a single sole, and I think you don't get that--
-- it's obvious you don't know the joke about badge - or have no sense of humor

for your edification

I guess this is all above your NGAF threshhold, where you feel free to not mind your own business ...

Do you see it yet, steve? Must grown folks don't need it rubbed into their faces this many times, but here we go AGAIN

If the man calls himself a roster, what business is it of yours, by your own measurement? hmm, i guess that was a LIE, either way

#dumptrump

476AR,

One of Us
posted Hide Post

Here you go Jeffe:

However, some church–state issues in the United States are quite substantive. For example, some groups would institute compulsory or instructor-​led prayer in public schools. Others would institute the teaching of biblical creationism. During the last several decades, U.S. courts have tended to reject these initiatives. Libertarians overwhelmingly find proposals of this type improper. Not only do state-​sanctioned prayers run contrary to all of classical liberal tradition, but most libertarians would add that the mere existence of public schools is problematic in itself.

https://www.libertarianism.org...ion-church-and-state

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Nah, steve..
that's your tube, i suspect your are getting low .. might refill your stock from amazon, or do you have a case?

#dumptrump

476AR,

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Nah, steve..
that's your tube, i suspect your are getting low .. might refill your stock from amazon, or do you have a case?

I believe now would be the time to admit that both you and Lane are wrong about the position of the Libertarian party regarding school prayer diggin

You are a funny man Jeffe, funny like you make me laugh. rotflmo

I'm not the type to say I told you so, but.....

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:

I believe now would be the time to admit that both you and Lane are wrong about the position of the Libertarian party regarding school prayer diggin

Sure, little man - we'll ignore your lies of your own character and amazing levels of hypocrisy -- not a problem- --

you are right, little man -- we are wrong - your are an AMAZING example

I hate seeing my bald spot in pictures, but it is what it is

#dumptrump

476AR,

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Your acknowledgment of being wrong on the topic at hand is humbly accepted Jeffe animal

To be honest, I should have posted the link and the quote earlier in the thread and saved you both the embarrassment. Sometimes the pleasure I take in giving folks just enough rope outways what I should do. It is true, I'm a flawed individual hilbily

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Steve,
I say I am wrong, like, often -- or i've been corrected, or let me look into that, or other words that say 'dude, let me look into that' you can look into the death penalty thread for a quick reference - i mean, yeah, man, I look into things

It's helpful for one's growth as a person - you might look into it -- or read more twain for grotesque irony -- i think you are deaf there, but it couldn't hurt to know when someone is laying IT on thick and heavy

#dumptrump

476AR,

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jeffe,
Are we talking about school prayer or are you still upset because I'm not upset about the 900 young trannies each year? I think that that might be your real issue but you are struggling to spit it out?

On school prayer, Lane's position is not Libertarian, some of his others may be but not that one.

On the trannies, I still don't GAF.

Just can't do it, I know you want me to, but I just can't.