Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Biden Takes the Gloves Off Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
The White House sent the news media a simple two-page letter calling on them to do more than parroting what they are told and actually do some journalism concerning Republican efforts to gin up an impeachment.

Link

They then provided a 14-page refutation of the 7 primary lies Republicans are relying on and present the facts:

Link

A pretty devastating point-by-point refutation of the Republican bullshit if anybody is actually interested in the truth.

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 9580 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Good to see his staff appreciates that a written rebuttal undoubtedly prepared by someone other than the Prez is the way to go as opposed to trotting the Prez out to try and bumble through it on his on. Hardly sounds like Biden taking the gloves off, more like the staff putting him to bed and trying to get some work done.

Face it, the last two Presidents have been embarrassments. They’re predecessors like Washington, Jefferson, Roosevelt, etc. must be rolling over in their graves.

Mike

Posts: 21241 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MJines:
Good to see his staff appreciates that a written rebuttal undoubtedly prepared by someone other than the Prez is the way to go as opposed to trotting the Prez out to do try and bumble through it on his on. Hardly sounds like Biden taking the gloves off, more like the staff putting him to bed and trying to get some work done.

Face it, the last two Presidents have been embarrassments. They’re predecessors like Washington, Jefferson, Roosevelt, etc. must be rolling over in their graves.

You are at liberty to contribute to the baseless "senile" narrative if you wish but doing it right after he wrapped up a hugely successful 5 day trip to the G20 and Vietnam is bad timing.

He's three years older than Trump but in much better condition physically and mentally and doesn't feel the need to childishly lie about being 6'3" and 215 lbs.

Posts: 9580 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of LongDistanceOperator
posted Hide Post
There are also republicans stating that this impeachment thing is baseless.

Posts: 7494 | Location: near Austin, Texas, USA | Registered: 15 December 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
He didn’t take the gloves off, he just painted a target on his back.

Wow! That Whitehouse “rebuttal” might be the stupidest act I’ve seen by a “defense” team in a long while. It is akin to a defendant taking the stand before the state has presented its case, exposing and locking in his defense and thereby subjecting himself to newly discovered evidence and withering cross-examination. The idiots just gave the Republicans a sitting duck target.

quote:
Originally posted by Jefffive:
The White House sent the news media a simple two-page letter calling on them to do more than parroting what they are told and actually do some journalism concerning Republican efforts to gin up an impeachment.

Link

They then provided a 14-page refutation of the 7 primary lies Republicans are relying on and present the facts:

Link

A pretty devastating point-by-point refutation of the Republican bullshit if anybody is actually interested in the truth.

JudgeG ... just counting time 'til I am again finding balm in Gilead chilled out somewhere in the Selous.

Posts: 7547 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
There is the old saying, who are you going to believe, me or your lying eyes? I watched January 6 live on television. I do not need to have someone tell me that it was a group of peaceful tourists that got a little rowdy on an impromptu tour. Similarly, I do not need for someone to tell me that Biden is in full command of his faculties and his mental acuity remains strong. I can listen to the man try to speak extemporaneously and respond off the cuff. I can watch how he moves, his gait, etc. So all things considered I think I will just stick to believing my lying eyes.

Mike

Posts: 21241 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LongDistanceOperator:
There are also republicans stating that this impeachment thing is baseless.

The smart ones know there will be a price for it.

The playbook is to just maintain a drumbeat of relentless attacks, just like they did against Hillary, but even Tuberville could tell them that you can't just keep running the same play over and over.

McCarthy knew he didn't have the votes for a formal impeachment inquiry on the floor so he didn't risk a vote, despite saying less than two weeks ago there wouldn't be an inquiry without one.

Only through such a vote can any Committee get authority to issue binding investigative subpoenas, both under House Rules AND a still current DOJ opinion from Trump's DOJ. That means that only subpoenas issued for a legitimate legislative purpose can be written by any of the three Committees he named.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jeffy,
First of all, the Dims started it. Yes there are consequences.

Second, can Biden even find his gloves?

Posts: 10037 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lavaca:
Jeffy,
First of all, the Dims started it. Yes there are consequences.

Second, can Biden even find his gloves?

Is this 4th grade?

The Democrats impeached Trump based on clear and convincing evidence; the Republicans in the Senate placed Party over Country and acquitted him, twice.

I think every President who commits crimes in office should be impeached.

Are any of these allegations even about Joe's time as President?

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
I’m surprised he can find his hands, much less take a glove off…

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13166 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Isnt this about an inquest, not an impeachment?
Let them poke around if there is nothing to be found.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Good to see his staff appreciates that a written rebuttal undoubtedly prepared by someone other than the Prez is the way to go as opposed to trotting the Prez out to do try and bumble through it on his on. Hardly sounds like Biden taking the gloves off, more like the staff putting him to bed and trying to get some work done.

You are at liberty to contribute to the baseless "senile" narrative if you wish but doing it right after he wrapped up a hugely successful 5 day trip to the G20 and Vietnam is bad timing.

He's three years older than Trump but in much better condition physically and mentally and doesn't feel the need to childishly lie about being 6'3" and 215 lbs.

"baseless "senile" narrative"? Are you shitting me? This is just like the Trumpeteers, claiming their man is not a bombastic bullshitter. You are looking at Joe, not through rose colored glasses, but through opaque lenses. Regards, Bill.

Posts: 3534 | Location: Elko, B.C. Canada | Registered: 19 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bluefish
posted Hide Post
quote:

Link

Link

While they are at it how about some journalism related to any number of their stories like the Russian collusion hoax and Hunter’s laptop to name but two.

Posts: 5232 | Location: The way life should be | Registered: 24 May 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill Leeper:
quote:
quote:

"baseless "senile" narrative"? Are you shitting me? This is just like the Trumpeteers, claiming their man is not a bombastic bullshitter. You are looking at Joe, not through rose colored glasses, but through opaque lenses. Regards, Bill.

Amazing isn't it? Senile, able to perform as POTUS far more effectively than his predecessor especially in the International political arena, and running an International crime syndicate that after 5 years of investigation the GOP still has not been able to produce any proof of.

I'm left scratching my head at the current narrative.

Joe is well past has sell by date, the rest of the story you do have to wonder about.

Posts: 3770 | Location: Boulder Colorado | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:

Link

Link

an example of state run media -- 1a

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38513 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bluefish
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by skb:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Amazing isn't it? Senile, able to perform as POTUS far more effectively than his predecessor especially in the International political arena, and running an International crime syndicate that after 5 years of investigation the GOP still has not been able to produce any proof of.

Joe is well past has sell by date, the rest of the story you do have to wonder about.

My apologies. You are dumber than previously thought.

Posts: 5232 | Location: The way life should be | Registered: 24 May 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bluefish:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

My apologies. You are dumber than previously thought.

Maybe you have a source to support your views on the matter that you could share with me? Maybe something from the Conservative Treehouse or other such reliable source? You're a piece work Blueballs. cuckoo

Posts: 3770 | Location: Boulder Colorado | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bluefish
posted Hide Post
An effective POTUS? By what measure? For example four years ago gas was cheaper, the border was more secure, international hostilities were low, unemployment amongst blacks was lower, interest rates were lower, inflation was lower, and people were keeping more of the dollars they earned. Shall we keep going? I stand by my previous statement dummy.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
An effective POTUS? By what measure? For example four years ago gas was cheaper, the border was more secure, international hostilities were low, unemployment amongst blacks was lower, interest rates were lower, inflation was lower, and people were keeping more of the dollars they earned. Shall we keep going? I stand by my previous statement dummy.

You mean before the world wide pandemic changed the economy?

No matter for me, during the Biden admin I have had my strongest three years since Clinton was the POTUS and I worked in Telecom.

I would like to see the cost of energy stabilize but between Putin and MBS that will not happen anytime soon.

We currently have some of the lowest unemployment on record, strong wage gains for workers and and economy full of pent up demand.

International hostilities lower under Trump? Only because he was buddying up to dictators, murders and other despots. Not to mention the moron was constantly attacking our allies.

I'm sure you will keep going, deeper and deeper down the rabbit hole.

One of Us
Picture of bluefish
posted Hide Post
TDS and Boulderitis I see. Could prove fatal.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
TDS and Boulderitis I see. Could prove fatal.

You sure would not know it the way business has been going the last three years. The dollars do not lie, unlike you Trumptards.

One of Us
Picture of bluefish
posted Hide Post
You cannot refute even one example I provided.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Trump gave the game away in his interview with Megyn Kelly:

quote:
They did it to me and had they not done it to me, I think, and nobody officially said this, but I think had they not done it to me, that I'm very popular in the, they like me and I like them, the Republican Party, perhaps you wouldn't have it done to them."

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
You cannot refute even one example I provided.

I will give you that Trump had better border enforcement, beyond that is all speculation. The whole world has experienced increased inflation, overall we have faired far better than most. Whether that is because of the current administration or in spite of it is debatable, what is not up for debate is the current strength of our economy.

It is in no way clear Trump would have done any better under the current circumstances.

One of Us
Picture of bluefish
posted Hide Post
The current circumstances as you call the. Are due to Biden and his failure as an administration. The prior administration had none of these problems.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
The current circumstances as you call the. Are due to Biden and his failure as an administration. The prior administration had none of these problems.

Rubbish.

The inflation we are experiencing is something every Western nation is going through post pandemic, it is not something just happening here. China was shut down for years, supply chains have been disrupted, there is a war going on.

You want an easy answer to complex problems, most likely due to the fact that you are a simpleton.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

No matter for me, during the Biden admin I have had my strongest three years since Clinton was the POTUS and I worked in Telecom.

I would like to see the cost of energy stabilize but between Putin and MBS that will not happen anytime soon.

We currently have some of the lowest unemployment on record, strong wage gains for workers and and economy full of pent up demand.

International hostilities lower under Trump? Only because he was buddying up to dictators, murders and other despots. Not to mention the moron was constantly attacking our allies.

A world wide pandemic (a redundancy, by the way) did not change the economy. That was the stupid response to a perceived threat (by both the Trump and Biden administrations; along with most of the governments in the western world). This included paying people for not working, gutting production and transport systems, and going further and further into debt. Regards, Bill

Posts: 3534 | Location: Elko, B.C. Canada | Registered: 19 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Any what of the supply chain? China being locked down for years?

That most certainly changed the economy and drove inflation up.

One of Us
Picture of bluefish
posted Hide Post
Inflation is a result of too many dollars being pumped into circulation. Read up. The Google says so.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Only part of the story, you might want to read up a bit yourself. Economics have changed some since you were a boy back in the pre-WWII days.

One of Us
Picture of bluefish
posted Hide Post
Strange assessment. Have you read your Milton Friedman lately?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Have you noticed that inflation is not localized currently? EVERY western nation is experiencing inflation, even ones who did not have stimulus packages? The situation is world wide, not just related to US monetary policy.

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

A world wide pandemic (a redundancy, by the way) did not change the economy. That was the stupid response to a perceived threat (by both the Trump and Biden administrations; along with most of the governments in the western world). This included paying people for not working, gutting production and transport systems, and going further and further into debt. Regards, Bill

clap

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36646 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
So, some folks are FULLY on-board with a state run media? Interesting -

quote:
Biden Takes the Gloves Off

before or after he changed his depends

Ya'll know "Biden" didn't write these, his handlers did, right?

#dumptrump

476AR,

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jeffeosso:
So, some folks are FULLY on-board with a state run media? Interesting -

quote:
Biden Takes the Gloves Off

before or after he changed his depends

That is the story the GOP has to stick to if they have a hope of winning next term. That and Trump won, the election was rigged, the media is against us, etc.

Biden is certainly showing his age, as are my parents who are just a few years younger than him, I do not think either are senile though.

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Yep…Biden is not senile…he is early stage dementia.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36646 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
Yep…Biden is not senile…he is early stage dementia.

Like I said, you have to keep repeating that in order to maintain your hope of re-electing that orange Buffoon who is currently under 91 felony indictments.

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:

quote:

That is the story the GOP has to stick to if they have a hope of winning next term. That and Trump won, the election was rigged, the media is against us, etc.

Biden won - not GOP, and it's still state run media, Steve -- don't rely on your mental crutch that everyone who disagrees with is the enemy .. speaking of which, your political opponents aren't enemies of the state -- yet

#dumptrump

476AR,

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jeffeosso:
quote:

quote:

Biden won - not GOP, and it's still state run media, Steve -- don't rely on your mental crutch that everyone who disagrees with is the enemy .. speaking of which, your political opponents aren't enemies of the state -- yet

State run media as opposed to media run billionaires who intentionally manipulate the story to forward their political goals? Maybe I should tune into Fox, Newsmax, OAN, the Epoch Times?

I think I'll stick to the BBC thanks.

One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
America needs a statesman POTUS (not the usual party hack) who is at the top of his or her game.
So…. leaving aside for now whether or not Joe is a party hack, is he at the top of his game?
“Senile” is a relative term as to progression. Is Joe’s alleged mental deterioration already senility? You’ve got a right to your opinion… (which seems to be not that of the majority of Americans), but to believe he’s not compromised somewhat already is wishful thinking, I think.
As The Washington Post suggested, he’s not (any longer?) what America needs… He’s a rapidly failing old guy.
The Democrats (and Republican?) need a totally new duo.

JudgeG ... just counting time 'til I am again finding balm in Gilead chilled out somewhere in the Selous.

Posts: 7547 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote