Notify
Tools

"HAPPY WINTER SOLSTICE"..........?
 Login/Join

<JOHAN>
posted
Don and Saeed - thank you, really nice banner and quite comic! beer

Will there be one for Midsummer as well? animal animal

Naturally, there is always some individual/group complaining over something. Celebrate those holidays or festivities you like…

Cheers beer
/JOHAN

one of us
Picture of Clem
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mark:
quote:
Originally posted by Ben589:
Hey Clem,

You ever see that movie "Escanaba in da Moonlight"?

It's about a hunting camp in the U.P.

My wife's from Michigan (Fenton), and she has a lot of family in the U.P. area.

So are you a Yoopers fan too, ya hey dere?

U.P. or not, they have some of the funniest hunting and fishing songs around.

Like "Da Second Day of Deer Camp"??

http://www.dayoopers.com

Posts: 1292 | Location: I'm right here! | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote

Picture of Mark
posted Hide Post
I thought it was "Second week of deer camp"

From back in the good old days when workers could actually take a couple of weeks off! In a row!

I haven't listened to all of their albums, and not all of their songs are side splitters, but the ones that are sure do the job!

for every hour in front of the computer you should have 3 hours outside

Posts: 7768 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Saeed says,
quote:
I believe each of us has the right to worship any God he deems right for him. And that is between that individual and his chosen God.

Not for any of us to interfer with.

Here at AR we celebrate all the celebration people participate in in many parts of the world.

We do not support one religion over another.

So by celebrating, you infact endorse, do you not?
So in reality you are a Theosophist, to wich end you deny your own faith.

Thanks, Mark G
Everything that lives and moves will be food for you. Just as I gave you the green plants, I now give you everything. Genesis 9:3

Posts: 358 | Location: Stafford, Virginia | Registered: 14 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Ben589
posted Hide Post
Hrmm ... I didn't know there were CDs associated with the UP ... I'll have to look into the Yoopers and try to find some.

I'm sure my wife would groan at some of those.

She had to explain to me what a "pastie" was.

======================================
Cleachdadh mi fo m' féileadh dé tha an m' osan.

Posts: 2172 | Location: Highlands of South Alabama, USA | Registered: 28 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Clem
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ben589:
Hrmm ... I didn't know there were CDs associated with the UP ... I'll have to look into the Yoopers and try to find some.

I'm sure my wife would groan at some of those.

She had to explain to me what a "pastie" was.

Oh ya we had CD's up here a long time. But id radder have da Cold Drinks in da summer den da winter. Just tell da wife its ice tea and she won't groan. Day go good wit da pasties too.

Posts: 1292 | Location: I'm right here! | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by allen day:
I've been a part of AR for quite a few years, but this morning's greeting at the top of the page flies in the face of everything I believe in.

Therefore, I resign myself from AR as of this morning, and I won't be back.........

AD

Way too damn funny! The Christ himself preached tolerence of other religions.. Allen is off to crusade.

Allen,
(and I doubt you are actually gone and won't be gone long) Which are you Catholic, any of 10000 flavors of baptists, Mehtodist, Easter O, Russian O, Romanian O, Pentecostal, AG, Charismatic, Primitive baptists, anglican, episicapalian, Coptic, Quaker, Shaker, Mormon, JV, Christian Scientist, lutherian, Bnai Brih, or even a Jew for Christ?

Because if you aren't Roman Catholic (the largest single faith/docrine christian church) then the Pope thinks you are either a heretic or a pagan..

jeffe

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38758 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by interboat:
Since the very beginning there has been a winter solstice that every sane human looking toward spring can celebrate.

Every single fucking religion in the world has tried to steal the solstice as its own proprietary holiday.

The very best hunters have always been the Pagans, who celebrate the solstice for what it is, not the made-up birthday of some little over-hyped ethnic fortune-teller.

BOb,
i just gotta salute it when it laid out this honest

jeffe

476AR,

One of Us
posted Hide Post
DEAR SAEED:
I did not pay attention to yesterday's banner. I do know that I celebrate the two solsticie and the two equanonie because they mark the changing of the seasons. I do not do it because I am a non-christian, but because it is an important time of the year. I am, in fact and practice an Episcopalian.
I do, however, respect the traditions and beliefs of others. This weekend I went to the funeral of a very old and dear friend who was Jewish. I prayed the Jewish prayers and greeted the grieving family with shalom.
You do what you want on your website. I will support you. Anyone who does not like it can post somewhere else. Please keep on as you have been, and thank you for all of the trouble (and occasional abuse) that you take with such equimenity.
Bill Brower
I am not afraid to post my name to this, or any post. I think that we should all post our names if we have a beef about the site, or other posters.

Is it safe to let for a 58 year old man run around in the woods unsupervised with a high powered rifle?

One of Us
Picture of friarmeier
posted Hide Post
quote:
Way too damn funny! The Christ himself preached tolerence of other religions..

Jeffe,

Not to quibble, but this would be news to me... bewildered

Maybe you're referring to his admonition that sinners should refrain from condemning one another, lest they condemn themselves?

Anyway, Merry Christmas!

friar

Our liberties we prize, and our rights we will maintain.

Posts: 1222 | Location: A place once called heaven | Registered: 11 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jarrod
posted Hide Post
What a waste of time this is. I have had several pagan/wiccan friends. I've never known of any of them to harm anyone, they were very nice people actually.
They knew that I was a Christian and I knew they were pagan/wiccan whatever. They didn't try to force their views on me and I didnt try to force my views on them either and we got along just fine. So long as someone's religion does not cause harm to me or anyone else, let them be free to believe in what they want to believe in.

Allen I have been giving you the benefit of the doubt in hopes that you were a bigger man than this, but I guess I should of went with my instinct. One of the first posts of yours I remember was how if someone didnt have a $10,000 highly overpriced Mod 70 from D'Arcy that their gun was no good kind of snobbish attitude.
This coming from a Christian has a Pagan/Wiccan/Druid ever caused harm to you, your family, friends, or anyone that you cared about. If so I could understand why this banner would offend you. If not why dont you dig your panties out of your crack and move on. With this kind of attitude I would sure never want to share a hunting camp with you or a dinner table or anything else for that matter.

As far as being politically correct, I am not, never will, be and I dont give a damn.
There are some people on this board in their little groups or whatever you want to call them who would Agree with one another no matter what. For example one could say how they think it is good to eat shit and their little buddies would agree with them no matter how groce it really is to eat shit.
On this very thread you can see examples of that and they know who they are.

JBabcock, yes it will be Christmas, Saturday will be Christmas Eve and Sunday Christmas day and I am sure that Don will have a banner up for us also.

It doesnt bother me that Saeed is Muslim and Don is Jewish. Most of the people on here if they didnt tell us where they were from or what their religion was I probably wouldnt even know anyway.

What a waste of time and energy. Grow up people. There is a lot more I would say but I think I will refrain myself.

Merry Christmas

"Science only goes so far then God takes over."

Posts: 3504 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Well I saw the banner and thought:
"Yep, the Jews and the Muslims are conspiring to run the Christians out of town!" Big Grin Roll Eyes

Me thinks Monty Pythons "Life of Brian" is not high up on AD's favourite film list!

Posts: 5684 | Location: North Wales UK | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jarrod
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pete E:
Well I saw the banner and thought:
"Yep, the Jews and the Muslims are conspiring to run the Christians out of town!" Big Grin Roll Eyes

Me thinks Monty Pythons "Life of Brian" is not high up on AD's favourite film list!

hammering jumping

"Science only goes so far then God takes over."

Posts: 3504 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thank God, I am not religious as that International Zionist-Islamist Conspiracy REALLY
scares me and they say The Pope is involved, too???????

Posts: 1379 | Location: British Columbia | Registered: 02 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jeffeosso:
Because if you aren't Roman Catholic (the largest single faith/docrine christian church) then the Pope thinks you are either a heretic or a pagan..
jeffe

And all of the pre Vatican II Catholics think the pope and all of his followers are heretics. Eeker

Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my guns

one of us
posted Hide Post
Allen is defending something that is not only important to many, it is extremely sacred. I definately feel that way. Society has eroded something the USA was founded upon. Intolerance has nothing to do with it.

Chuck

Posts: 2659 | Location: Southwestern Alberta | Registered: 08 March 2003Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chuck Nelson:
Allen is defending something that is not only important to many, it is extremely sacred. I definately feel that way. Society has eroded something the USA was founded upon. Intolerance has nothing to do with it.

Chuck

And what of the Muslims, Buddist, Jews, Hindus (in one country, the hindu's out-number all christans in the world) and well, pagans?

this may have changed, but in my history classes, i was taught that America was founded on FREEDOM of religion, a secular state. As the first settlers here were outside the veil in their home countries. ..

That he's feeling that way personally... great...

that he's feeling that he can impose his religous beliefs on ANYONE is bogus.

Doc,
Constantine was the first Pope, for the record, the pontif. The Pope in Rome today sits on the Sol Evictus throne, which was constantine's chair as head of the Sol cult, before he changed to Christianity. He gave a building called "the basilica" as the first offically sanctioned "legal" church. Diocetion, Constantine's immediate predecessor, was one of the worst for "prosecuting" followers of the christian faith.

When Constantine took the imperial seat to Constantinopol, the highest bishop assumed moral authority in Rome.

Later, during the armed support of some norman mercenaries, the pope declared himself the supreme pontif, the vicar of the world. This lead to mutual excomunications.

So, at one point, all christians and their decendants, were declared heretics!!! And the only thing worse, in the cathilic mind of the time, than a pagan (one who doesn't know God) was the heretic (one who is, for whatever reason, removed from God's grace)

Vatican II is actually the "anti-popes" or the avegione (sp) popes, where there was a schism and there was a pope sitting in france, Rome, and Constantinopol.

Sorry for the lecture... I am about 5 months away from finishing my history degree (how many decades can it actually take to finish a degree?) and I have spent quite a bit of time and effort, from hobby to academics to sunday school and life, studying religion.

jeffe

476AR,

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Chuck

Bullshit. If Allen left because of that banner, he's really got a problem. He was lookin' for a way out and that was the best he could do on such short notice. Weak, really weak.

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
quote:

Doc,
Constantine was the first Pope, for the record, the pontif. The Pope in Rome today sits on the Sol Evictus throne, which was constantine's chair as head of the Sol cult, before he changed to Christianity. He gave a building called "the basilica" as the first offically sanctioned "legal" church. Diocetion, Constantine's immediate predecessor, was one of the worst for "prosecuting" followers of the christian faith.

When Constantine took the imperial seat to Constantinopol, the highest bishop assumed moral authority in Rome.

Later, during the armed support of some norman mercenaries, the pope declared himself the supreme pontif, the vicar of the world. This lead to mutual excomunications.

So, at one point, all christians and their decendants, were declared heretics!!! And the only thing worse, in the cathilic mind of the time, than a pagan (one who doesn't know God) was the heretic (one who is, for whatever reason, removed from God's grace)

Vatican II is actually the "anti-popes" or the avegione (sp) popes, where there was a schism and there was a pope sitting in france, Rome, and Constantinopol.

Sorry for the lecture... I am about 5 months away from finishing my history degree (how many decades can it actually take to finish a degree?) and I have spent quite a bit of time and effort, from hobby to academics to sunday school and life, studying religion.

jeffe

No lecture here, you're preaching to the choir. Nevertheless, the Traditional Catholics think of the Vatican II members as heretics. Wasn't it the pope who expelled on his death bed, "I have opened the windows to the church, and the smoke of the devil has come in," back in the 60's?? You know, when the Catholics became more "dynamic" and "liberal?"

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:

I agree! A very "high caliber" man!

Grey Eagle

But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles;they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk and not faint.

Isaiah 40:31

Posts: 98 | Location: MO, USA | Registered: 22 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of mousegun
posted Hide Post
quote:
DEAR SAEED:
I did not pay attention to yesterday's banner. I do know that I celebrate the two solsticie and the two equanonie because they mark the changing of the seasons. I do not do it because I am a non-christian, but because it is an important time of the year. I am, in fact and practice an Episcopalian.

You do what you want on your website. I will support you. Anyone who does not like it can post somewhere else. Please keep on as you have been, and thank you for all of the trouble (and occasional abuse) that you take with such equimenity.
Bill Brower
I am not afraid to post my name to this, or any post. I think that we should all post our names if we have a beef about the site, or other posters.

(Ass kisser)

------------------------------------
Originally posted by BART185

I've had another member on this board post an aireal photograph of my neighborhood,post my wifes name,dig up old ads on GunsAmerica,call me out on everything that I posted. Hell,obmuteR told me to FIST MYSELF. But you are the biggest jackass that I've seen yet, on this board!
--------------------------------------

-Ratboy

Posts: 194 | Location: Copperhead Road | Registered: 11 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of GrandView
posted Hide Post
quote:
that he's feeling that he can impose his religous beliefs on ANYONE is bogus.

Oh Good Grief.......

Jeffe, I'm proud of your dedication to your education, but you just invented a position for Allen out of thin air........and developed a 200 word soliloquy contradicting your own invention!

By what logic do you extract "imposing his religeous beliefs" from the inaugral post in this thread?

I've likely had as many diagreements with Allen on subjects of guns and hunting as many on this forum. He's opinionated, and his wealth of hunting experiences and gun ownership frequently make his posts sound a bit pompous. That certainly doesn't make him an isolated example by any stretch. Nor does it disqualify his posts from being a worthwhile read at times.

DRG placed the page heading there for precisely the reason that this thread has been generated. To pimp and tweak the readership. Allen over-reacted. Big deal. His life will likely not be better because he isn't interacting with this forum......and the forum likely won't be better because he's gone.

But the issue is hardly worthy of a crucifixion or a witch hunt.

There......covered both of those bases.

GV

Posts: 768 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 18 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
i say stop the banners all together...if you dont know what holiday it is it dont matter. and a.r. can be about hunting, shooting, reloading, sharing stories and bashing eachothers politics again which made it great to begin with. have any of you shot your guns this week, reloaded, hunted? i will this weekend and i hope the same for you wave

577 BME 3"500 KILL ALL 358 GREMLIN 404-375

*we band of 45-70ers* (Founder)
Single Shot Shooters Society S.S.S.S. (Founder)

Posts: 27601 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RAS 323
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the laughs guys--Most entertaining.
I'm a little late here, been out celebrating Saturnalia. HA!

Wassail & Gods Bless!!

Rick
Diesel Power

Posts: 113 | Location: NE PA | Registered: 27 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of AI22-250
posted Hide Post
Amen to that, Boom Stick, now pass the Damn Ammunition and lets get back to Hunting and Shooting.

Posts: 289 | Location: Holladay,UT (SLC) | Registered: 01 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of AKJD
posted Hide Post
I don't care to much about all this, I'm just glad its finally here. I've been working nights this shift and with only 3 hours and 42 minutes of daylight, I haven't seen the sun in two weeks.

JD

Posts: 323 | Location: Fairbanks AK | Registered: 27 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by boom stick:
i say stop the banners all together...

Yea, me too. Why not just have a photo of the week or something, someone's kill or hunt area, or a newly finished rifle. The banners do not bother me, heck, the only time I read them is when a thread like this starts!

One of Us
Picture of Mike_Dettorre
posted Hide Post
In the interest of security perhaps we should deactivate allen day's id and block his ip address

Mike

Never under estimate the internet community's ability to reply to your post with their personal rant about their tangentially related, single occurrence issue.

What I have learned on AR, since 2001:
1. The proper answer to: Where is the best place in town to get a steak dinner? is…You should go to Mel's Diner and get the fried chicken.
2. Big game animals can tell the difference between .015 of an inch in diameter, 15 grains of bullet weight, and 150 fps.
3. There is a difference in the performance of two identical projectiles launched at the same velocity if they came from different cartridges.
4. While a double rifle is the perfect DGR, every 375HH bolt gun needs to be modified to carry at least 5 down.
5. While a floor plate and detachable box magazine both use a mechanical latch, only the floor plate latch is reliable. Disregard the fact that every modern military rifle uses a detachable box magazine.
6. The Remington 700 is unreliable regardless of the fact it is the basis of the USMC M40 sniper rifle for 40+ years with no changes to the receiver or extractor and is the choice of more military and law enforcement sniper units than any other rifle.
7. PF actions are not suitable for a DGR and it is irrelevant that the M1, M14, M16, & AK47 which were designed for hunting men that can shoot back are all PF actions.
8. 95 deg F in Africa is different than 95 deg F in TX or CA and that is why you must worry about ammunition temperature in Africa (even though most safaris take place in winter) but not in TX or in CA.
9. The size of a ding in a gun's finish doesn't matter, what matters is whether it’s a safe ding or not.
10. 1 in a row is a trend, 2 in a row is statistically significant, and 3 in a row is an irrefutable fact.
11. Never buy a WSM or RCM cartridge for a safari rifle or your go to rifle in the USA because if they lose your ammo you can't find replacement ammo but don't worry 280 Rem, 338-06, 35 Whelen, and all Weatherby cartridges abound in Africa and back country stores.
12. A well hit animal can run 75 yds. in the open and suddenly drop with no initial blood trail, but the one I shot from 200 yds. away that ran 10 yds. and disappeared into a thicket and was not found was lost because the bullet penciled thru. I am 100% certain of this even though I have no physical evidence.
13. A 300 Win Mag is a 500 yard elk cartridge but a 308 Win is not a 300 yard elk cartridge even though the same bullet is travelling at the same velocity at those respective distances.

Posts: 10115 | Location: Loving retirement in Boise, ID | Registered: 16 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Naaaaah, I now say keep the posters. And it will be up to Don to determine ever more ingenious ones. ie, Nat'l Rat Day (if there is one) And we could send him suggestions to help him out since he has too much time.

Posts: 367 | Location: WV | Registered: 06 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Brad
posted Hide Post
Well, I laughed out loud this am when I opened AR... seems like Don has had his revenge with all these obnoxious colors Big Grin

Merry Christmas!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Jeez!

I hesitate to add any comment but some how I am compelled beyond my ability to say no.

Nothing in the US Constitution applies to this site or any member (not acting as an agent, in his official capacity, of the US or any of the 50 US states). Not one word. The Constitution merely grants or limits government power.

Religeon is a good thing. While I am Catholic, I admire those who are believers in their religeon. I don't need to agree with their faith to admire them or wish them a Merry Christmas, my religeous holiday, or a Happy Hannuka, perhaps theirs, Happy Rahmadan(sp?)...I am not offended when wished a Happy...that is their hiliday and not mine.

I really don't believe it is for us to judge each other based on religeon. That is for later when we are before the Lord. I fully believe that the Lord will see all believers in a favorable light, no matter their religeon. I believe the Lord will be good to good men, no matter what.

We can see the illogical extreme of judging others based on their religeous beliefs in the acts of Osama Bin Laden and his ilk, Hitler, et al.

On Bush's use of the NSA, I merely point out a few things. First, nothing in the Constitution limits the Gov't or in particular, the President from gathering foreign inteligence, war time or peace time, any time. Their are some laws, I am informed, that apply limits on methods, but they are not aplicable. When one end of the conversation or email...is out of the US, its foreign inteligence.

Second, even if you were to disagree with the above premise, the Constitution protects against only "unreasonable" searches and seizures. If one end of your conversation is out of the US I contend that any expectation of privacy, a core requirement in the test of "unreasonable", is lost for a whole bunch of reasons. One, for example, is access to your transmission by other foreign Gov'ts which are not limited by our Constitution or the forein phone company ect. Another fatal flaw would be, in my view, the mere fact that you are speaking with a foreign agent, who is on foreign soil, in time of war, declared or not; seems a reasonable search to me.

I could go on but time is limited and the judicial history, which generally supports the President is long.

Just one quote sums up my take on the over riding philosophy that the Supreme Court has stuck with in this area, were it covered by the Constitution, which I think is doubtful. I'll paraphrse it here from, I believe, Justice Jackson, "The Constitution is not a suicide pact"

Nothing in the Patriot Act before Congress has been ruled by the SC a violation of the Constitution. You can argue that its a bad law based on a bad idea; that it imposes on personal liberties that have rarely been imposed upon in our history, that it is uneccessary. But to say that it violates civil liberties, or the Constitution is just inacurate or at best, not yet determined by the SC. The Act merely excercises powers granted by the Consitution to the Fed Gov't that here-to-fore not been excercised, so far that is a fact of law. If you disagree with the Act, fight it in Congress, no issue there. Fight it in the Courts, no issue there. But at least be thruthful and foot note your declarative, "Its a violation of..." with, "but has been upheld in the courts" and, "so my objections are based on my opinion, not withstanding the above"

Merry Christmas to all! Happy Holidays to all as well!

JPK

Free 500grains

Posts: 4900 | Location: Chevy Chase, Md. | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doc:
quote:
Originally posted by boom stick:
i say stop the banners all together...

Yea, me too. Why not just have a photo of the week or something, someone's kill or hunt area, or a newly finished rifle. The banners do not bother me, heck, the only time I read them is when a thread like this starts!

great idea...all in favor say uga-uga! to the sun god animal

Posts: 27601 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
Administrator
Picture of DRG
posted Hide Post
quote:

Chuck

Chuck, society has not eroded a thing. The founding fathers wanted everyone to be able to celebrate their religion. My banner did not deny anyone that right. While I personally prefer to wish people Merry Christmas, Walmart's Happy Holidays Sign does not deny a single person any rights.

Get over it, Jews, Muslims, atheists and yes even Pagans are citizens too.

Don

Posts: 26545 | Location: Where the pilgrims landed | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Get over it, Jews, Muslims, atheists and yes even Pagans are citizens too

The big question is....

WHO IS RIGHT?? beer

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67881 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
how about live and let live. love, not hate. do to others as you would like for yourself not whoever feels they are right has the right to do whatever they want because they are "right"

Administrator
Picture of DRG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
quote:

The big question is....

WHO IS RIGHT?? beer

Saeed: shame

sofa

Don

Posts: 26545 | Location: Where the pilgrims landed | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
quote:

The big question is....

WHO IS RIGHT?? beer

Saeed, if I had the answer to that question, I could probably rule the world. cheers Maybe we all are, hell, I don't know.

I've stayed out of this donnybrook so far, and while I have to respect AD's hunting and shooting experience, I don't necessarily respect the manner in which he gives it. Someone made the comment about AD's Echols M70 custom rifles and how AD thinks they literally walk on water. Me? I think it's the M98 mausers, and to paraphrase from a skit from Saturday Night Live, "If it's not a Mauser, it's crap!" We all have choices.
I'm a Christian. I belong to no organized church. Years ago, I got totally disgusted with the hypocracy shown by the various "religions".
I once sat in on a church meeting as when it was over, I was supposed to go bird hunting (chukars) afterwards with one of the elders. They were "voting" on whether or not to let a single mother become a member of their church. The woman was a widow, her husband killed in a car crash.In that small country town, the only job she could find was as a cocktail waitress. The good elders of the church refused to allow her to be a member of the church. They would allow her to join if she could find some other line of work. BULLSHIT! All I will state at this point is I blew up like a nuclear device. When riled, it has been said I could out cuss a Marine drill sargeant. I sure proved it that day. Neither I, nor any member of my family ever attended that church again.

Anyway, if AD is reading any of these comments, I'm sorry to see you go. You made for some interesting reading, even when I disagreed with you.
Paul B.

Posts: 2814 | Location: Tucson AZ USA | Registered: 11 May 2001Reply With Quote
One Of Us
posted Hide Post
Allen,

I did not read the whole thread, but my take on the winter solstace was not a religious one, but:

According to http://www.pontiac.com, the 2006 Solstice is "a pure roadster where every line, every curve is shaped by pure desire." The five-speed convertible's base price is $20,490. clap

OR:
In the northern hemisphere, the Winter solstice is day of the year (near December 22) when the Sun is farthest south. The winter solstice marks the first day of the season of winter. The declination of the Sun on the (northern) winter solstice is known as the tropic of capricorn (-23° 27'). The winter solstice is the shortest day of the year, respectively, in the sense that the length of time elapsed between sunrise and sunset on this day is a minimum for the year.

I do not believe in discussing religious beliefs over the net, but if it was meant as one, maybe a joke, I do believe in freedom of religion, expression etc. as long as no malice is intended upon others who may believe differently. We all should respect each others beliefs or at the least, share a mutual understanding for each others passion about guns, hunting and nature.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Well, I laughed out loud this am when I opened AR... seems like Don has had his revenge with all these obnoxious colors

Merry Christmas!

Bravo!!!!!!! Best laugh I've had in a while.

Merry Christmas everyone. And prayers for peace and goodwill to ALL men.

Jeff

In the land of the blind, the man with one eye is king.

Posts: 784 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 18 December 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of thornell
posted Hide Post
To each his own!

Posts: 705 | Location: MIDDLE TENNESSEE | Registered: 25 June 2005Reply With Quote